Return to 50 Webs.


AeroStars IV

Chapter Cape Faint Story #1: Clouding Riches


December, 1936- One Week After Terror of TerraStone

It was the middle of the day in Cape Suzette as Rebecca Cunningham was manning the phones at Higher For Hire. She was in the office talking to a client and it wasn't going so well as Baloo was apparently late again with a shipment. Kit Cloudkicker appeared from the bedroom as he wasn't need for the shipment inside the plane (Read: It was an easy flight and Rebecca had some errands for Kit to run here anyway.). Kit slides down the rail and walks towards the desk slowly as he appeared assumed as Rebecca looks mighty upset.

"No; Baloo hasn't arrived with your Starfruit and your StarAnimies.." Rebecca responded looking somewhat defeated as blabbing ensumes on the phone from the client. Kit didn't hear what the client was saying; but he appeared pretty mad to say the least; "..Look; I don't know why he's late today.." Kit giggled under his paws as Rebecca was mad now; ".. Well; he's about to face another accident!" Rebecca then slams down the phone without saying goodbye as she was red hot with anger; " BirdBrain Nimrod!! " Kit turns around and tries to walk out ; but Rebecca notices him; " Kit?! I saw you.." Kit turns around and faces Rebecca who looks sharp but she apparently has reduced her anger. She wasn't about to take it out on Kit. Baloo is the one responsible for being late and making her clients mad in the first place; "..I need you to run a couple of errands for me."

"Anything you say...Miss Cunningham...." Kit said gulping a bit as Rebecca was smiling at him. She knew she could always count on Kit to do his job and do it properly. No matter how many people want to hurt him or worse.

"Good.." Rebecca responded as she stands up with a long piece of paper in her hand. It was almost like a small scroll; "...I need you to pick up some items for the party next week." Rebecca gives the list to Kit and Kit looks at it and it shocked him as there were a lot of items on the list...and some breakable items too.

"Golly.." Kit exclaimed as he skimmed through the list; "..This must be a _huge_ party from what I'm reading here Miss Cunningham.."

"Don't worry about it.." Rebecca reassured the young bearcub; "..I want you to go to the Cape Suzette Grocery & Party Shoppe. A person named Jerry Knittenbottom works as a delievery girl there. You'll carry the non-breakable items and she'll deliever the remaining items to me." Rebecca goes to her purse and takes out a green one hundred dollar Usland bill and gives it to Kit as well; " Here's the money...and take your time Kit."

"All right Miss Cunningham.." Kit responds and salutes her boss; "..Thank you...I won't let you down." Kit turns around and walks out of the office quickly despite Rebecca telling Kit to take him time. Rebecca could only smile and shake her head at the same time as she returned to her desk.

"If only Baloo showed that kind of determination. There are few pilots who would be willing to work for me." Rebecca said as she was shuffling her papers on the desk; " This party is an open house for Higher For Hire and the last thing I need is Baloo acting like himself.." The phone once again rings and Rebecca is forced to answer it again in a nicer tone; "..Higher For Hire?! Yes?! So...Baloo has arrived after all." Rebecca feels her head and she was having a headache as babbling continued on the phone. It was the same client and Rebecca realized that she was mean to her client which was a big no-no in business. Even if Baloo was late; " No; I'm having _that_ kind of day." she could only say as her life carried on in the usual haphazard way. She was being sloppy and for some reason she could hear Baloo chuckling at her.

***

At least it wasn't as bad as the terror of the sky as the Iron Vulture rides across the skies. Inside the Iron Vulture's wheelhouse, Don Karnage was sitting in a chair with his feet on the table reading the newspaper. Despite his plans to cleanse Cape Suzette of their memories was destroyed; he seemed to be grinning. He certainly was tough when it comes to moving on...

"Hmmm...who shall I sink my terror teeth into?!" Don Karnage said sarcastically as he skims through the newspaper for news stories; " Which materialistic fool shall I plunder?!" As he was reading the newspaper; Mad Dog and Dumptruck enter carrying a tray cart loading with a turkey with all the trimmings as if Christmas came early to him.

"Zey boss?! Zunch Time!!" Dumptruck proclaimed. However; that was a mistake as Don's train of thought was broken by his bit players. He puts the paper down and goes towards Dumptruck. He slaps him in the face and Dumptruck doesn't react as his solid bone brain was too tough to feel it.

"I told you never to bother my plundering train of thought when I'm trying to come up with the wonderful plan of plunder!" Don Karnage shouts in Dumptruck's face Mad Dog grins and thinks he's in the clear. However; Don notices this and slaps him in kind as well; " Now I have to retrain my plundering thought for all to terrorize with."

"We're sorry boss..." Mad Dog whined as he was still smarting from the slap.

"You wouldn't taste sorry if it was your middle name." Don Karnage snapped back; " However; if you two piles of chaos want to be that awful sorryness then I have the perfect terror crime."

"Oh; zoody!!" DUmptruck responds with glee clapping his hands; " What is zhe crime Zaptain?!"

"Listen to this claptrap: Multi-Million dollar tycoon.." Don Karnage reads as he had the newspaper in his hands; "..Ted Vandersnoot has announced that his $47.25 million fortune will be inhertied to his young son Oscar Vandersnoot for investment in both cash and his company which is the second largest company next to Khan Industries. Do you know what this means?!"

"It means another guy's richer than you Captain?!" Mad Dog asked wrong as usual.

"NOOOO!!" Don Karnage snaps back as he bonks Mad Dog on the head; " This is the perfect time to kidnap and blackmail this silly rich bear-type person out of his useless money. Don't you agree that this is turely the spawn of evil; yesno?!"

"Ah; zes!" Dumptruck answered without realizing that Don didn't even want an answer.

"I didn't ask you since you're nothing but bone!" Don Karnage responds as he bonks Dumptruck on the head as well. Too bad Dumptruck couldn't feel it; " Now.." Don goes to the table and grabs a pair of scissors. He starts to cut a square out of it.; "..Here is the silly bearcub kid that you need to grab..." Don gives Mad Dog the piece of paper and Mad Dog look at it. It was a black & white photo of an short almond bearcub who was wearing a white striped shirt and brown shorts. The name underneath the news photo was none other than Oscar Vandersnoot the son of millionaire Ted Vandersnoot. Mad Dog and Dumptruck chuckled at the photograph as if he was beneath them.

"Oh my....! " Mad Dog chuckled loudly which gets Don Karnage steamed; "This is going to be as easy as taking candy from a baby!"

"No...No...No...!" Don Karnage yells out as he bonks Mad Dog on the head; " It's going to be as easy as cotton candy sticking to a concreate jungle...or eating cake with your nose...or sitting on a baby child on a log.." Don Karnage decides it is not worth it anymore to hit them in the head anymore and walks downstairs toward the launchpad; ".Never you mind!!" Dumptruck and Mad Dog follows them in kind.

"Zo?! How do we zet into Cape Suzette?!" Dumptruck asked with a dumb look on his face; " Zhere are zhose Cliff Zuns out zhere!!"

"So?! Swim underneath the Cliff Guns...Even your birdbrain should be able to swim home!" Don Karnage stated as Dumptruck and Mad Dog go to their CT-37's and hop right into them. They start the engines and begin to roar; "Now; take this jury-rigged radio with you.." Don takes out a large radio with headphones and drops it into Mad Dog's lap. Mad Dog puts the radio in the back seat of his CT-37; "..and remember; I want that glass-wearing almond boy! Along with dougnauts and coffee! Now go plunder him!!"

"Yes Captain!" Mad Dog and Dumptruck said saluting him. The two CT-37's start to ride off the launchpad as the beak of the Iron Vulture opens. The seaplanes fly out of the Iron Vulture beak and go completely out of sight without incident as Don Karnage looks on. Gibber appears onto the launchpad and approches Don Karnage.

"[Hey...What did you think of the food?!]" Gibber whispers into Don's ear and that gets Don Karnage upset.

"It was terrible!!" Don Karnage protested; " It looks like it has worms in it. Take it away!" Gibber grumbles with fits of anger as Gibber walks upstairs towards the tray cart as Don is giggling at him.

"Perfectamondo!!" Don Karnage proclaims with glee; " I love the smell of kidnapping in the afternoon!" Don Karnage was back in stride as his plans were in action once again. He was a terror in the skies and he wanted a shot to attack Cape Suzette once again.......and getting Ted Vandersnoot's money was the first step in his conquest...

***

Kit Cloudkicker wasn't thinking about conquest; he was thinking about doing his job for Rebecca Cunningham as he was walking up the street towards his destination. The street was as busy as it could be with various furries walking up and down the seats wearing various clothes. Some were driving up and down the road in their cars too as if Cape Suzette was in normalacy despite what happened months ago when the Lightning Gun was making them beg for mercy at the hands of Don Karnage. Kit was walking on a street in the business district area of Cape Suzette where there were small businesses dotted on both sides of the street. They ranged from flower shops, bakeries, candy, music and many more. Kit wasn't interested in doing business with any of them as he walked uphill and that voice from Rebecca continued to haunt him.

**Take your time.** Rebecca told him in his hand. He didn't like how Rebecca was being nice to him and then turn around and blast Baloo for doing the same. She was treating him more like a son rather than an employee even though there were flashes where Rebecca was more than willing to blast Kit. She wasn't naive; she wasn't being as harsh since Kit was 12 years old and had no family of his own. But Kit didn't see it that way; ~She knows that I work to earn my keep. She and Baloo have got to be in different books now.~ he thought as he looked to his right and suddenly sees the place that he needs to go to."Ah! There it is..." he said cheerfully as he sees the Cape Suzette Grocery & Party Shoppe. The building looked like a large version of the Old West saloon. It was painted almond in color and was about 65,000 square feet in size. It was bigger than any store on this street. The front of the store had a set of double doors in the middle with two large glass windows on each side of the doors. The big window to the left had red letters painted on it saying: Servicing Since 1909. The window on the right had the address on it painted in red letters: 390 Shopping View Drive. There was a large vanilla sign above the doors which were painted in black colors and had Lyndon style typing: Cape Suzette Grocery & Party Shoppe. Below it were smaller black painted letter in the same style: Home of Quality Food & Parties. There was a small parking lot and a place to park bicycles right in front of the store. There was only one biycle on the rack, a four speed bike that was lime green in color with a large deep steel basket on the back of it. The licence plate on the front of the basket sezs Jerry on it which gives Kit the assumpation that this was Jerry Knittenbottom's bicycle. Kit looks around a bit and doesn't see her.

"I wonder where she is?" Kit said as he head for the double doors; " Maybe she's inside..." Kit walks to the door and it opens suddenly as Kit and a short female brown bear wearing a brown furcoat, blue dress and a brown designer hat decorated with a green ribbon barges collide with each other and Kit falls on his butt. She looked very mad at Kit since he didn't see her coming even though there were no glass windows on the door and neither person could see each other.

"Hey! Watch where you're going you dirty little worm!" she protested bitterly.

"I'm sorry Madam.." Kit apologized; "..I didn't see you coming..."

"You're not sorry!!" she snapped back showing no respect for the boy as Oscar Vandersnoot himself exits the store so she must be his mother; " You are nothing but a slime on God's green earth!! Come on Oscar; don't pay heed to this dirty kid!!" Oscar takes a quick glance at Kit and looks stunned for some reason. He didn't seem to be mean and nasty as his mother would suggest.

"Yes mother..." Oscar responded relucently as he did not want to incur the wrath of an angry mother who couldn't accept a person's apology and didn't seen to trust him. His mother and Oscar walk away from Kit as the mother thumbs her nose in the air as if Kit was beneath her. Oscar took a quick glance at for a moment ; but the mother tugs on Oscar slightly to get him to stop focusing on Kit. Kit was very annoyed by this mother. What an attitude she was spouting?!

"What a snob?! How does that kiddo put up with her?!" Kit chewed on her back her back ;" Never mind..." Kit didn't have time to chew out on a disrespectful lady who thought she knew who Kit was based on her appearance. Kit had a job to do as he enters into the store and starts to look around. It was a huge store to say the least ; again painted in the almond style wild west look. Half the store was a regular grocery store; while the other half was a party store as well. However; that wasn't the only stuff sold at this Shoppe. Along with the various foods (both cheap and expensive); there was an area where the butcher cuts and sells meat of various kinds including seafood. In the middle of the back of the store there was a baker's shop where cookies, cakes and other treats were made. The right side of the back of the store contained a flower shop filled with various flowers and roses. On the right half of the store it was filled with balloons (even a ballon filling canister was present), party flavors and since it was Christmas; there were various decorations. The only thing that wasn't being sold were the Christmas trees themselves. It was like a huge superstore. Kit stood in awe as he looked to his left and notices the checkout center which was home to a place where you can get and give mail and parcels. This store was the first place in all of Usland to offer mail services outside of the post office....And it was all run by a male, short, grey walrus named Dearlis Misoclo, the shopkeeper who wore a blue sea captain's suit, blue pants and a blue sailor hat. He looked really friendly for a middle age person who had to run a store with little help. Kit couldn't see Jerry anywhere so he decided to go to the checkout counter and ask the shopkeeper for help.

"Hello son;" Dearlis greets him as he notices Kit walking towards him right away; " how may I serve you?!"

"Do you know someone named Jerry?!" Kit asked nicely.

"Oh; you mean Jerry Knittenbottom?" Dearlis responded realizing who it was; " You must be Rebecca's son..."

"Well actually; I'm Miss Cunningham's navigator Kit Cloudkicker.." Kit stated as he gives Dearlis the long list of items that Rebecca demanded for the party; "..I have a list of things to pick up..."

"My goodness.." Dearlis responds with surprise as he skims through the list; "..It's almost like Rebecca's trying to walk all over you."

"Actually...I..." Kit responded giggling softly as Jerry Knittenbottom finally entered from the storage room door to Dearlis right. She was wearing a white apron to prevent her from being covered with flour as she was putting away flour in cold storage.

"Oh Jerry...Thank goodness.." Dearlis chuckled; "..Rebecca has a large order for you to fill. It's almost as if she's trying to have the party of the decade..."

"Actually;" Kit responded with a sheepish grin; " the party is one of Miss Cunningham's attempts to drum up new clients."

"Well; I'm not surprised.." Jerry said as she notices Kit and was surprised herself. His face looked familiar; "..Hey?! Aren't you the kid who was wearing that blue suit in New Fedora?! I was watching your stunts a few months ago. That was special." Kit could only blush and feel a certain level of grief. He caused a lot of pain for his own surrogate family and yet others were still cheering him as if he was some folk hero now.

"Yeah; and it almost killed me." Kit could only say; trying not to sound mean.

"I was babysitting Molly at the time for Miss Cunningham." Jerry points out.

"Excuse me Jerry; but can you work on filling the list first?!" Dearlis requests sharply as he gives the list to Jerry; " You two can talk later..."

"Sure.." Jerry responds as she blows a kiss right at Kit; "..I'll see you when I'm done. See ya!" Jerry jumps over the counter (which is the only way to get into the store from the exit) and walks into the store. She grabs a shopping cart and gets on with her work. Kit blushes as Dearlis could only shake his head.

"Dear me.." Dearlis stated as he rings up the total on his cash register; "..Anyway the total comes to $99.57 please. .." Kit snaps out of his state and turns around. He gives Dearlis the one hundred dollar bill that Rebecca gave to him;" ..Thank you. You are a nice lad.." Dearlis continued as he places the bill inside the cash reigster; "..and it's nice to see Miss Cunningham has deverisify her tastes..Now Mrs. Vandersnoot is a different story. She's nothing but a snob!"

"Pardon me for sounding rude;" Kit asked with interest; " but is she the person who I ran into..."

"Yeap.." Dearlis declared sharply; "..She's Gloria Vandersnoot; the wife of millionaire tycoon Ted Vandernoot. His company is the second largest company next to Khan Industries. Gloria is the most bitter furry that I have ever met to this day. She thinks that she's better than everyone else. She thinks that her son doesn't need outside influences because in her mind they are dirty and vulgar. She hires a butler to get the supplies from our store."

"I see.." Kit responded shrugging his shoulder as if to say that it can't be helped; "..but the customer is always right..."

"That's true...I guess.." Dearlis grumbled; "..Don't worry about Gloria. In fact; Ted Vandersnoot is a very nice man and doesn't creep me out like Mr. Khan."

"I know what you mean. Khan sometimes even scares me." Kit said shuddering; " Who's the almond boy with the glasses?!"

"That's their young son Oscar Vandersnoot." Dearlis said; " He has an older sister in college named Sale Vandersnoot. She's nice; but tends to ignore her mother and her son. She wants to grow up being a combination of a technologist and an artist. I don't blame her one bit. Anyway; did you read today's newspaper?!"

"No.. I didn't..." Kit responded.

"Son? Heed my advice.." Dearlis proclaimed; "..Read the newspapers more and the comics less. It's more entertaining and more enriching. Anyhow; Ted Vandersnoot is going to give most of his fortune to Oscar and Sale when he dies. $47.25 million of it spilt into two!! It's crazy I tell you!! To tell all the newspapers about it is just asking for trouble." Dearlis shook his head and Kit couldn't disagree with him. With the climate of Usland in the Depression period; this smacks as an act of arrogance and anyone who was struggling to make end meets would be disgusted. Jerry carries half of the stuff Rebecca needed for the party which were the breakables and gently puts them on the counter.

"Here's the first half of the list..." Jerry declared nicely.

"Thank you. Continue with the second half..." Dearlis nodded with approval.

"Yes sir..." Jerry responds as she rides the cart into the party section of the store. Dearlis watched her do her job with excellent speed and precision. Dearlis had a smile on his face along with Kit as well.

"Jerry is a hard worker...Very dependable.." Dearlis declared; "..She's been this way ever since she lived here after her parents were killed by Trader Moe and his Goons." Kit's reaction changed completely as he was completely stunned. Jerry Knittenbottom was an orphan and Dearlis was helping her become an independent adult. Kit looked like he was in sorrow as he wasn't alone. ~I thought I was alone. I'm walking in a world where half the adults work too hard to help and the other half could care less. Baloo's the only one who's halfway..~ he thought as Dearlis looked a bit worried about Kit's reaction to this revalation.

"I see...I've been..." Kit responded looking stunned.

"I know..It's sad, tragic, obscene.." Dearlis said bitterly; "..criminal...Anyway; you can look around as I separate the breakable and unbreakables; as ordained by Miss Cunningham."

"Thank you..." Kit nodded as he walked into the store quickly.

"You're welcome.." Dearlis responded as he goes to the carts and brings two out of the area; "..Just be careful not to touch anything.." Kit walks quickly around to the party section of the store and notices Jerry doing her work. Kit was thinking ~She doesn't appear to have friends...I wonder if....~" Kit had an idea. Maybe if she was interested; she would become a Jungle Ace member. She already had a hallowing adventure of hardship already and she overcame it. Now the question was: Is she interested in flying. There was only one way to find out....

***

As Kit was pondering about Jerry; Oscar Vandersnoot and his mother Gloria were walking down the street and was more or less halfway between the store and Higher For Hire. However; she wasn't going to the office of a small business. She was looking for the limo and getting out of dodge from a child she thought was Godless. She looked very upset as if her feelings were hurt because she butted into Kit.

"It's just like every day in this city." Gloria hissed bitterly; " Some dirty; God-less slime of a child barges into me with no regard for decenecy. I would have called the police and have him in jail if he wasn't merely a Godless child.." Gloria was upset as she and Oscar go into a dark alleyway where they had the limo parked. She believed that she was so beneath the average citizen and she would order that their limo be parked in an alleyway. Or was it to actually prove something to the world?; "..Where's the car?! Oscar; I'm sorry that you had to see and hear this!"

"But mother; I don't think...." Oscar responded trying to reason with her; but she couldn't be reasoned for anything. It was like anyone who wasn't at her level of greed or higher was nothing to her and she felt she had the right to express it at the expense of her becoming an ememy of them.

"I know that he looks charming; but don't be decieved.." Gloria said as they walk further into the alleyway and hits a dead end. They had picked the wrong alleyway since there was no limo present. Gloria was really angry now as her day was completely ruined; "..Curses!! I thought this was the path to.." As she was about to get really steamed; it was eliminated as Oscar screamed loudly; "..Oscar?!" she said with concern as she turned around and was frightened out of her big bucks as Oscar Vandersnoot was grabbed by his shirt by a tall, male brown hound dog wearing a white shirt with red letters printed on the front of the shirt saying PAM in captials; along with blue jeans and was carrying a loaded rifle in his left hand. He looked very meancing and was chuckling right at Gloria's face; " What?!" The hound's name was Corndalis Ago and he had a personal grudge againest greed of any kind. ..So much to the point that he would threaten rich folks in Cape Suzette to get his own way; if the rich folks dare cross his path in the alleys.

"Well...well...well.." Corndalis chuckled; "..I knew that you're snobbish attitude would do you in!"

"Let me go!!" Oscar screamed which was rewarded with the cylinder of the rifle pointed at his nose which causes Oscar to burst into tears. He was scared stiff of anything related to weapons as Gloria was stopped in her tracks frightened as well. Corndalis had her right where he wanted him as it became clear that Gloria was arrogant in trying to prove that the alleyways were safer than the open areas.

"Shut up boy!!" Corndalis hissed bitterly; " I'm sadden you are being used as a mere puppet to someone else's greed..." He claims that he is sad; but is nothing more than a thug who would terrorize anyone just to force their agenda of anti-greed againest them; as if they believe that this was their purpose in life which made it even more absurd. Sadly; Gloria didn't have any resources to counter Corndalis because she didn't believe in violence to solve problems and she needed it here to live againest a guy who couldn't be reasoned with. Meanwhile; Kit and Jerry walked out of the Cape Suzette Grocery & Party Shoppe carrying two large bags apiece. Kit was handling the non-breakable stuff while Jerry was carrying the breakables in her bags. Jerry goes to her lime green bike and places the breakable bags into a deep steel basket on the back of her bike.

"So Kit?!" Jerry asked cheerfully; " What is it like working for Miss Cunningham?"

"It's tough;" Kit responded with a smile as Jerry walked her bike down the street along with Kit walking beside her; " but it's better than doing nothing."

"Me too...Dearlis has been great to me.." Jerry said happily; "..Giving me a way to function as a furry being and earn my keep."

"Yeah.." Kit responded as he decided to pop the question; ".Jerry; how would you like to be a member of the Jungle Aces?"

"The Jungle Aces?!" Jerry asked with great interest; " Who are they?!"

"We're a group of kids who talk about flying and adventures.." Kit explained; "..and sometimes we get into adventure of our own."

"Thanks for the offer Kit; but I'm not interested in flying." Jerry responded nicely; " A little too much for me."

"Well; if you ever change your mind; you are welcome." Kit responded shrugging his shoulders.

"Thanks Kit.You know; if we were adults; I'd marry you in a second." Jerry said cheerfully as Kit blushed in kind with embrassment; " I mean it too!"

"Man; that's a first for me.." Kit said feeling a bit embrassed that Jerry thought of him as someone who was easy to get along with. His past would indicate otherwise. However; before Kit could continue and tell Jerry about his past, a gunshot was heard and a young familiar boy beacub's voice screamed out; "..That sounded like Oscar.. " he said looking very concerned as he looked at his bags; "..Something's wrong."

"Thugs are always in around these.." Jerry stated as Kit places his two bags into the deep basket of Jerry's bike and it fits rather nicely; "..Kit?! What are you doing?!" Jerry asked looking concerned as Kit runs towards the alleyway while Jerry stares at him. He would just run into action into a dark alleyway without any regard for safety.

"Jerry...find a phone and call the police.." Kit commanded not looking at Jerry; "..I have a job to do.."

"Why would he want to save Gloria?!" Jerry wondered; " She's rude and mean. She's care about no one... but.." Kit was completely out of sight by now. Since she was more concerned about Kit's safety she decides to obey his request; "...Okay Kit! I will..I know where one is..." Jerry rides her bicycle to the other side of the street and rides to the nearest payphone which was about a half a mile away from the store. Kit kept running down the street looking very angry now.

"I've seen this too many times before.." Kit said sounding very angry; "..Someone's going to regret touching a poor child even if his mother is a painful prude..." Kit runs into the dark alleyway just as Corndalis points his rifle straight at Gloria. There was a bullethole on the left brick wall as Corndalis shot his rifle, missing Oscar's head by six inches. He was scared to death now and Gloria was relieved for a split second that Oscar wasn't dead as a result. Gloria was shaking and she was angry beyond belief as Corndalis would stoop so low as to fire a gun near her son.

"What do you want from me you God-less criminal?!" Gloria demanded as her words had no strength in them due to her shaking violently.

"Look who's talking you greedy guts!" Corndalis hissed back with venom; " If anything you're the God-less soul...And for for your information; I want your husband's fortune."

"You're mad!!" Gloria protested violently.

"I'm a Don Karnage believer in that materialism is criminal and I'm making a citizen's arrest." Corndalis declared strongly as tears were streaming down Oscar's cheeks which gave Corndalis another chance to berate and mock Oscar for what is worth; " Why are you so sad?! I'm showing you how to live like a real furry being."

"You're not his father!!" Gloria protested bitterly as Corndalis takes a step forward and points the rifle right at Gloria's head now.

"So; what is it going to be: Your money or your blood?!" Corndalis threatened bitterly as Oscar began to sob loudly.

"Mother...!!" Oscar screamed out crying his eyes out as Corndalis was starting to have enough of Oscar's whining and crying by now. It was getting annoying to him.

"Shut up kid!!" Corndalis ordered harshly as he shakes Oscar. That only made it worse as Oscar's crying was even louder than before.

"Mother.." Oscar cried out to his mother who was paralized and unable to do anything. Her complaceny was coming back to haunt her; "..Please...Help...Me!!"

"WOMAN!" Corndalis screamd out as Oscar was looking green around the gills; " Tell your son to shut up!!"

"Mother!!" Oscar cried out as he looked sick; " I can't take this! I'm going to..."

"Please...I can't.." Gloria pleaded; "..He's going to..." Corndalis was completely fed up with this defiance and lack of respect towards him as he was red hot with anger.

"That's it!! It's time for you to get your judgement!!" Corndalis yells out. However; the suffering became too much for Oscar Vandersnoot as he vomits violently as some of his puked up lunch lands on Corndalis' foot. Corndalis is white hot with anger as he shakes Oscar violently and was screaming so loudly as he rests his finger on the trigger of the rifle; " CURSE YOU KID!! YOU TWO ARE GULITY OF THE CRIME OF MATERIALISM AS ORDAINED IN THE BOOK OF EXADOUS AS ORIGINAL DEADLY SIN AND THE DEATH OF MY INNOCENCE!! YOUR SENTENCES ARE DEATH BY FIRING SQUAD!! THE GOOD NEWS FOR YOU KID IS THAT YOU WILL GET A FRONT ROW SEAT TO SEE YOUR MOTHER GET GOD'S PERFECT JUDGEMENT!!...GOODBYE TO THE FIREPIT; SINSPAWN!!" Oscar closes his eyes as Gloria screams in fear as Corndalis was ready to shoot to kill...All for the hate of greed...However; someone isn't about to let him win...

"SHUT UP TERRORIST!!" a familiar male bearcub screams out as a familiar bearcub comes out of the darkness and smacks Corndalis in the back of the head with a familiar piece of metal. Corndalis eyes begin to close as his finger manages to pull the trigger of the rifle. The rifle shoots it's deadly contents as the boy throws the piece of metal right in front of Gloria Vandersnoot as the bullet deflects off of it and goes into the brick wall of his right. Corndalis falls to his knees looking in disbelief. Someone has stopped him from committing his sick justice.

"NOOOO....YOU SON OF A WITCH...UGHHHHHHHH!!" Corndalis screamed out with one last fury as he falls to his mid-section and is completely knocked out as both the rifle and Oscar land on the ground with a resounding thud. Oscar looks to his left looking teary-eyed as he sees Kit Cloudkicker; the boy responsible for stopping Corndalis looking at the fallen thug. Gloria looks stunned as she grabs Kit's airfoil in midair: The airfoil that saved her life.

"You...You saved me.." Gloria stutters in fear ; "..You...are not...Godless...after all...." She couldn't say anymore as the revelation of her needing to be saved by a boy who was less than she was; overwhelmed her enough to have her faint dead away to the ground.

"Mother?!" Oscar cried out looking concerned as Kit goes over quickly to check on Gloria. Kit checks on her and she appeared to be breathing and has a heartbeat. She merely fainted to the ground; overwhelmed with what almost happened to her at the hands of Corndalis.

"She's okay." Kit said looking sharply as Corndalis; " She just fainted from the shock. I'm glad that she knows her mistake. Unlike him."

"Thank you..." Oscar said looking shy; but grateful that Kit had save him from being killed because he was gulity by assocation.

"I'm Kit Cloudkicker.." Kit declares; "..You must be Oscar Vandersnoot.."

"Oh.." Oscar responded looking shy; "..you're brave. My mom's been frightened that I'm going to get hurt."

"I can see why.." Kit said sharply; "..He must have been after Ted's fortune."

"Are you?!" Oscar asked looking worried that Kit was only here to steal his money.

"No.." Kit responded with reassurance which causes Oscar to breathe a sigh of relief; "..I earn my keep at Higher For Hire..I don't need extra money..Anyway; we better help your mom; she needs it."

"Right!" Oscar nodded as Kit grabbed Gloria Vandersnoot and walked out of the dark alleyway. Oscar was actually feeling a bit better now that he was safe from Corndalis. However; he still looked quite scared that someone would dare try to kill him. Kit and Oscar thought that the Vandersnoots were safe....However.....

***

They had no idea what Don Karnage had planned for them as Dumptruck and Mad Dog were flying their CT-37's just five miles away for the Cape Suzette. However; a roadblock in their minds (If they had any that was left after Karnage brainwashed them years ago) emerged as they were whining on the transmitters. Getting to Cape Suzette was one thing; getting into the city was another as their planes were sitting ducks in the face of the Cape Suzette Cliff Guns.

"What are we going to do?!" Mad Dog whined into the microphone; " We'll never get past the Cliff Guns with this seaplane?!"

"Zeah; I know zhis Mad Dog." Dumptruck whined back; " Zey; maybe we zan zive under the zea."

"That'll never work.." Mad Dog responded in a whiny tone not liking that idea; "..We would drown."

"Would zot!" Dumptruck barked back.

"Would too!" Mad Dog snapped back in response.

"How zo you know?!" Dumptruck barked.

"I've been to science class!" Mad Dog declared. This was one of his popular ways to get DUmptruck's goat. Proclaim that he was smart because Dumptruck never went to school. One problem; neither did Mad Dog.

"Have zot!" Dumptruck snapped back. They always bickered like two little manchildren. Of course; their intellegence level was that of a child.

"Well I saw a picture of a dead cat in a tank of water once!!" Mad Dog declared as Dumptruck has no response to that one. As their bickering stopped; a flash of light blazed into the sight of the Air Pirates. Dumptruck and Mad Dog look to their east and see what would be stated as their saving grace; " It's Hacksaw; we're saved!!" Mad Dog smiled from ear to ear and he and Dumptruck notice a skeleton plane on the water several miles east of the Cliff Guns and was out of sight. That's where the submarine is stationed along with Hacksaw Vargas; Don Karnage's explosive's expert.

"Zacksaw!!" Dumptruck proclaimed as he looked down and was pleased to see the skeleton plane as they spiralled down towards it. They park their CT-37's beside the plane and hop into the skeleton belly of the seaplane. Mad Dog and Dumptruck notice the submarine as they ignore greeting Hacksaw. You couldn't expect nothing less from evil pirates.

"We got the submarine!!" Mad Dog declared with glee; " This is great!"

"Just make sure the submarine doesn't take on water!" Hacksaw warned looking frightened. If there was one thing Hacksaw hated and that was stuff taking on water; even if no water was leaking into the vessel.

"Don't worry.." Mad Dog said in a cocky tone; "..Once we capture the rich kid; the world will be Don Karnage's playground. I hope to get the Icicle Island Ski Resort!"

"Zeah; I zant zhe Zourian Area." Dumptruck chimed in; " I zove Zourian zweets!" Mad Dog goes to the submarine and opens the porthole. Mad Dog hops into the submarine.

"I would go to the ACME Fireworks & Expolsive Workshop in Locklyn." Hacksaw proclaimed proudly; " I'd love to play bomb bowling and kick Hal's butt." Dumptruck goes to the submarine and hops in. However; he forgot that Mad Dog didn't exactly get out of the way and squashes Mad Dog by landing on his face. Mad Dog screams in pain.

"Hey; get off my face!!" Mad Dog protested; " I just it rewaxed!"

"Zorry!" DUmptruck said with a little bit of faux remorse as he closes the porthole. Hacksaw sees the porthole closed and goes to the cockpit of the plane. He wasn't too happy since he never gets the important stuff. It was flying the plane and using explosives; but rarely ever does he actually get involved in something such as kidnapping.

"Silly Pirates!" Hacksaw poupted bitterly; " They never take me along." Hacksaw decides to give them a extra dose of pain as he starts the engines and they begin to roar. Yes; Hacksaw was going to be mean, but he wasn't going to hurt them. After all ; Don Karnage was not above making an example of him as Hacksaw pushes the throttle at full blast and the skeleton plane goes up into the sky.

"Hey Hacksaw?!" Mad Dog voice beckoned from inside the submarine; " Why are the engines on?!" Hacksaw gets the skeleton plane in position above a huge rockface above the surface and pushes the red button on the console. Mad Dog wants to know what is going on so he uses the periscope inside the submarine and notices Hacksaw's deed; " What?! Hacksaw!!" His protests were in vain as the floor underneath the submarine opens up and the submarine starts to freefall causing Mad Dog and Dumptruck to scream loudly;" UGGGHHHH!" The skeleton plane flies away as the submarine drops againest the rockface and takes a large bump off of it; bouncing into the ocean. Thankfully; the bump didn't cause any damage as the metals used were much stronger than the ones used for seaplanes; " Stupid dog!!" Mad Dog protested one last time behind Hacksaw's back; which thankfully Hacksaw didn't even hear.

"Zeah! Ztupid zog!!" Dumptruck added as the submarine dives into the water without further incident. At least for now as the skeleton plane flies towards the Cape Suzette Cliff Guns in order to distract them. Hacksaw was on the transmitter inside the plane to Don Karnage.

"Captain?!" Hacksaw speaks with glee; " The turkey has landed!!"

"Turkey?!" Don Karnage's voice snapped back sounding very suspious. He didn't like slang either despite the fact that he was known for using broken english; " You better had not messed up this mission: I have the brains of a duck you know!"

"The sub's in the water Captain!" Hacksaw snapped back.

"Oh! So you think that your duck brain is better than my perfectamundo mind of terror?!" Don Karnage responded with a tone that stated that he was ready to kill Hacksaw within a moment's notice as Hacksaw was more frightened than a scaled dog. However; Don decided to show some mercy and continued speaking; "Never you mind..Fly around the area and try to avoid those nasty cannons."

"Okay...Over and out!" Hacksaw responded as he put the transmitter down and looked scared. He hated going near the Cliff Guns on a basic suicide mission." I hate flying near the Cliff Guns..It messes up my hearing." Hacksaw was now within range of the Cliff Gun and as expected the Cliff Guns wasted no time in shooting at the skeleton plane as Hacksaw dodges the shot coming towards it. He was scared to death as the submarine pumps towards the city underneath the sea. Mad Dog and Dumptruck were inside the submarine as Dumptruck as cycling to create energy for the submarine in order to make it move while Mad Dog was using the periscope to look for debris. However; the submarine was going so fast (Dumptruck had speed to burn) that he couldn't see and that was frustrating for Mad Dog.

"Where are we?! Dumptruck you numbskull!" Mad Dog protested bitterly; " I cannot see anything you're going too fast!"

"Zorry you zhiner!!" Dumptruck barked back as Dumptruck stops the pedalling too soon and Mad Dog is pushed back from the periscope. Mad Dog falls onto the floor with a thud on his back as Dumptruck giggles softly at him.

"What was that for you moron!" Mad Dog protested bitterly as he stands up and looks at the periscope again. He manages to see the busted net that they cut open while trying to rob the place blind a few months ago. It failed thanks in large part to a squid who loved Molly's favorite icecream Frosty Pep. Mad Dog cheers in glee; " Look at this! The net's still busted! Let's get going!"

"Zake up zour mind!!" Dumptruck responded under his breath as Dumptruck puts the pedal to the metal; but forgets to pedal forward instead of backwards and that causes the submarine to go backwards and crash into the same rockface submarged into the ocean. Mad Dog collides with the periscope in kind and Dumptruck looks ashamed; " Ooops...Zorry!" he said with real remorse this time as he pedals the submarine correctly and it goes forwards and passes through the closure net without further incident.

"Someone get the number of that rockhead!" Mad Dog stated clearing the cobwebs. It is unknown weither or not he was insulting Dumptruck or the rockface. We'll probably never know. As the submarine head for Cape Suzette harbour; the skeleton plane in the air continued to dodge the gunfire from the Cape Suzette Cliff Guns and doing a very good job of it. Hacksaw finally decided that he had enough despite the great job that he was doing. He assumed that the submarine made it into Cape Suzette as he looked at his watch.

"That's enough. Time to go back to base." Hacksaw proclaimed as he turned the plane 180 degrees around haphazardly to protect the plane from getting shot down and it flies away from the Cliff Guns completely. The Cliff Guns decide that they drove the evil Air Pirates away and stopped as Hacksaw takes the transmitter and speaks into it; " The sub has entered the forbidden zone Captain!"

"Excellentamundo!! The plan is working to perfectamundo." Don Karnage responded with glee; " You have not done a terrible job... Return to your rewards of bonking...Karnage out!" The signal went dead as Hacksaw returned the transmitter to it's holder. Hacksaw looked happy even though he was going to get nailed by Don Karnage anyway. Don was a sick man if he could make people feel that they enjoy getting abused like this.

"Goodie.." Hacksaw proclaimed rubbing his hand in tribute for what was going to happen to him; "..I hope I get ten lumps this time!" Then again; considering that they chose to become Air Pirates; this was a way to give them what they deserve. At least that what Don Karnage thought anyway. Hacksaw flies the plane back towards the Iron Vulture.....

***

Back inside the city on Shopping View Drive as the street was blocked off by the police officers by several ambulances , several police cars and a police paddy wagon. Two male police officers; a medium build green gator and a pink pig who wear a blue police uniforms, black pants and blue police hats; carry a knocked out Corndalis in handcuffs towards the paddy wagon. Towards the entrance in the alleyway there was Jerry Knittenbottom, Derek Thursday, Kit Cloudkicker and Oscar Vandersnoot who looked frightened. Derek was taking notes of the entire incident which he couldn't believe.

"So let me get this straight.." Derek said looking surprised; "..You two were going down the street and you heard a gunshot?!"

"That's right Mr. Thursday.." Kit repsonded; "..I also heard both Mrs. Vandersnoot and Oscar shouting."

"Yes; that's what happened.." Oscar responded looking scared to death. He hated guns unloaded or not; "..I had...a gun... in my face.." Oscar looks like he's ready to cry as Corndalis began to wake up and looks directly at Kit.

"Where am I?!" Corndalis said as he was clearing the cobwebs as he sees Kit and realizes that he was caught by the police. His bewildered face turned to anger as he struggled to get free; " Why?! You're just a poor dirty kid. Why wouldn't you take the darn money?! Why do you hate me?!" The two officers open up the back door of the paddy wagon and throw the handcuffed Corndalis into the paddy wagon as Corndalis was screaming at Kit; " Don Karnage is a saint!! A God to all Gods!! And you betrayed him!!" The two officers close the paddy wagon. They both go towards the paddy wagon side doors and opens them.

"Hey?!" Kit protested at the paddy wagon as the two police officers hop into the paddy wagon; " What do you mean Don Karnage is a saint?! HEY!!" They close the door and drive away as the sierns ablaze as Kit wanted answers. Derek Thursday goes to Kit from behind.

"Mr. Cloudkicker?!" Derek asked sharply; " Can I speak to you in private; please?!"

"All right.." Kit nodded as he walked towards the alleyway with Derek right beside him. Kit looks at Jerry; "..Jerry?!"

"I'll look after Oscar..." Jerry responded with a nod.

"Thank you.." Kit added cheerfully; "..for getting the police over here."

"Hey it was easy." Jerry responded happily; " They were right next to the payphone.." Kit and Derek walk right into the alleyway without them speaking at all. About halfway through the alleyway; Derek stops along with Kit and they finally start to talk.

"Kit?!" Derek began sharply; " I must apologize; but I wanted to discuss Corndalis Ago."

"Apology accepted." Kit responds sharply; " So who is this Corndalis Ago?!"

"Son; Corndalis Ago is from a group called the People Againest Materialism; a group who had been accused of funding campaigns for the Air Pirates." Derek explained as Kit looked stunned; " While the police and the government cannot prove it beyond a resonable doubt; the group does show support for Don Karnage."

"How can anyone like a guy who would kill anyone without a second thought and laugh about it?" Kit protested looking cross. He couldn't believe what he was hearing; but it shouldn't have surprised him. He saw Don Karnage as a saviour when he was with his gang for a year. Although Kit's reasons were to become a pilot at all costs; there were many who had more violent beliefs and were willing to break the law in order to get what they wanted.

"I wonder about it too and I think that's the price furries are willing to pay to destroy greed." Derek admitted in disgust; " Greed can be sinful and often is. However; many greedy people can at least sleep at night. People like PAM and Corndalis; however; subscribe to a deadlier sin known as envy. Envy can cause people to murder others just because one person is better off... and they never get over it."

"I've got a question;" Kit asked; ".... if the Vandersnoots are so rich; then why didn't they ask for police protection?" As Kit & Derek are talking two more furries (a medium build red chimpmunk and a medium build blue jay) in white coats, white pants and red cross like hats; were carrying out Gloria Vandersnoot from the alleyway as she was waking up and feeling woozy. Oscar notices her as she came out and felt relieved that she was all right..

"Mother's all right..." Oscar said breathing a sigh of relief.

"I hope she learns her lesson.." Jerry proclaimed sharply; "..Always ask for police protection when death threats are launched."

"That boy.." Gloria said sounding woozy and slurring her words as she walks slowly as the two furries carry her to the ambulence; "..He saved my son....Ohhh!" The two furries open the back of the ambulence and allow Gloria to walk into the van and sit down slowly. The red chimpmunk follow her into the back and closes the door behind him.

"Arrogent woman!!" the blue jay responded bitterly under his breath as the driver goes to the driver's side of the ambulence and opens the door. He hops in quickly and closes the door. The ambulence drives away as Oscar and Jerry look on. Derek and Kit were still talking about the Vandersnoot and Kit gasps in horror and doesn't look happy.

"What do you mean she didn't ask for police protection?!" Kit asked bitterly.

"Kit...Remember what I said about envy?" Derek responded shaking his head; " Sometimes arrogence is bred out of it. Hopefully; Ted Vandersnoot will finally reconsider our offer. Ted's a nice man once he's away from the abrasiveness of Gloria. I'm just glad no one got killed or even harmed."

"I know..I sometimes have nightmares." Kit said looking down to the ground; remembering the times when he tried to be friends with someone and they either died for no reason; or worse betray him; " Death has happened in my life. ...and I sometimes feel responsible for their deaths."

"Kit you have friends and family now..Don't worry about something you can no longer control..." Derek reminded Kit as Kit looked at Derek. He was right; but Kit often had to be reminded of his purpose as a furry being. That he wasn't responsible for someone else's evil deeds. He was still responsible for his actions; but he needed to know that there was a difference. Derek & Kit walk together side by side out of the alleyway as a limo arrives on the right side of the curb. The door on the driver's side opens and out comes a tall male bengel tiger who was wearing brown suit, brown pants, and brown chaffeur's hat. He was the Vandersnoot's chaffeur named Nicalo Ninkelo and he approches Oscar Vandersnoot as Jerry looked at him sharply. Oscar was feeling relieved that he was there to take him home and away from this crime.

"Oh.." Jerry asked sharply; "..may I ask?!"

"Excuse me young lady;" Nicalo responded unemotionally; " I'm the chaffeur for the Vandersnoots and I'm here to drive Oscar home...and get the groceries."

"Oh!" Kit responded with a nod as it was time to go. Oscar's been in the social eye for too long;l " Well; I guess this is goodbye Oscar."

"Yeah.." Oscar agreed looking shy; "..my mother would frown if I'm around you for too long."

"Yeah; I noticed that.." Kit giggled softly; "..I'll think of you in my heart."

"Thank Kit..." Oscar said waving at Oscar as Nicalo goes to the passenger side of the limo and opens it. Oscar hops into the limo seat and Nicalo closes the door.

"I will inform Mr. Vandersnoot of this incident." Nicalo said to Derek.

"Tell Ted that our offer for police protection is still on." Derek replies strongly.

"I shall.." Nicalo said sharply as he goes to the driver's side and opens the door; "..but there are no promises here..." Nicalo slide into the limo and closes the door. The limo drives away as Jerry looks at Derek.

"So Mr. Thursday." Jerry asked; " How many times has Oscar's life been threatened?"

"None of your business you nosy little.." Derek snapped back as he realized that it was Jerry saying it and Kit was looking at him sharp with his arms folded. Derek decided to admit the truth; "..Okay; six."

"Six times?!" Kit and Jerry gasped in horror.

"This is the sixth and closest time that Oscar's been threatened.." Derek declared; "..First one physically."

"That's not arrogence anymore." Kit responded sharply; " That's stupidity."

"I know.." Derek snapped back ; "..and that's why some members of the police force thinking offering police protection to them is a waste of time since they often don't accept it.." Derek looks at his watch and realizes that there was trouble on the horizon: The press; "..You better get going to Higher For Hire..The press will be here in five minutes."

"Right!" Kit said with a chuckle; " Once they get involved; no one is safe."

"Agreed.." Jerry nodded with approval; "..Come on Kit. We have a delievery to commence." Jerry gets onto her bicycle and starts riding down the street as Kit follows her quickly as they go out of sight down the street towards the dock and the offices of Higher For Hire.

"Rodger.." Kit shouted out as Derek waves to them goodbye; "..willco!"

"That kid still won't live a peaceful life.." Derek could only say as a news truck approches from up the street and stops on the left side of the curb; "..Time to be professional...It's the only way." Derek would say as he adjusts his collar and gets ready to handle the unelected masses known as the mainstream media. This was a fun time; if you consider fun to be handling annoying people with microphones. As he was preparing to deal with them; the limo was driving back towards the Cape Suzette Grocery & Party Shoppe to pick up the items that Gloria ordered from the shop.

"Now remember; we have to pick up the groceries from the Cape Suzette Grocery & Party Shoppe.." Nicalo said as he looks at Oscar who was looking outside of the window; "..Oscar?!" Oscar was staring into space and was upset at something. He didn't like his mother being so over protective. He felt like a prisoner in his own home rather than a shy little boy. ~Why doesn't my mother understand?! She's overprotecting me from kids who mean well... Why did that bad man want to hurt me? I don't know.~ he thought with sorrow as the face told a lot to Nicalo. Nicalo thought that this was for the best; ~This is why Oscar cannot have any friends. If there are people who hate our kind then we cannot trust anyone..even if they mean well...including the police.~ he thought as the limo continues to drive on. If Oscar and the estate of the Vandersnoots thought that this was over; they were in for a horrible surprise that might just cost them their lives if a certain Air Pirate captain has his way...and he was even worse than PAM. PAM wasn't nearly as organized as the Air Pirates were and they showed even less mercy...Even if it's crew had brains of solid bone...

***

Meanwhile; the submarine was nearing the docks of Cape Suzetter harbour as it's porthole rises out of the water and heads towards an abandoned dock on the west side of Cape Suzette. Inside the submarine; Dumptruck and Mad Dog were pedalling together. However; they they were not doing their job well as Dumptruck was mistiming his pedals and the pedals of Mad Mag were pounding on Dumptruck's feet causing him to whince her in pain.

"Zey?!" Dumptruck protested; " Watch zhe pedal zou moron!!"

"Quit yer complaining Bonebrain!!" Mad Dog snapped back; " We're here and the last thing we need is for you to be whining!"

"Why are zou allowed to zhine?!" Dumptruck asked looking angry.

"Because I went to Phys. Ed!" Mad Dog declares strongly.

"Did zot!!" Dumptruck responded bitterly.

"Well; I saw a picture of a gym once!" Mad Dog said as Dumptruck thinks about it for a moment and remembers that Mad Dog did see a picture of a gym once. Dumptruck was had and he knew it as Dumptruck grumbles bitterly.

"Okay..." Dumptruck grumbles as Mad Dog jumps from the bicycle and takes a peep into the periscope. He sees that the western edge of the harbour and there was nobody there. Mad Dog breathes a sigh of relief.

"There's no one near the docks." Mad Dog said with glee; " We'll park here.." Dumptruck pedals too hard and the submarine rams into the wooden dock hard. Dumptruck goes forward off of his bicycle and squashes Mad Dog once again and that causes Mad Dog to whine again. "..Get off of me you moron!!"

"Zorry!" Dumptruck responded with some remorse as Dumptruck flips open the porthole and climbs out. The docks were suprisely undamaged as Mad Dog climbs out behind Dumptruck; " Zey! The zubmarine is undamaged Mad Dog.."

"You should be sorry." Mad Dog snapped back;" Now let's kidnap that kid.." As he was being cross at Dumptruck; a seagull lands on Mad Dog's head. Mad Dog makes the mistake of looking up and the seagull sprays white bodily fuilds right into Mad Dog's face. Dumptruck bursts into laughter as Mad Dog is very cross at him and then proceeds to backhand the seagull right into the ocean; "..I hate seagulls! They honk too loud!" Mad Dog protested as he sees Dumptruck laughing and slaps him into the face which causes Dumptruck to feel ashamed of himself for making fun of him.

"Zorry!!" Dumptruck responded with remorse as he grabs a cloth and gives it to Mad Dog. Mad Dog starts wiping his face as Dumptruck looks around the docks and notices a piece of paper on the ground that has Oscar's face on it. Dumptruck grabs it and reads it. His eyes open wide and he looks very cheerful;" Zey!! Zhis looks like a zarty invitation." Mad Dog finally finishes cleaning his face and throws the cloth in the water which lands on the the seagull that Mad Dog backhanded.

"A party invitation?!" Mad Dog asked bitterly; " Why should I...? Give me that!!" Mad Dog grabs the paper and reads it. His expression changed from bitterness to glee. This was a lead for them; " Oh goody!! This party invitation is for Oscar's birthday last month! It's for some rich snob called Ivy Fuzzlepants and it even has the address: 3175 Richbags Lane in North West Cape Suzette! That kid is ours!" Mad Dog bursts into laughter as an otherwise innocent birthday card was the start of the downfall of the Vandersnoots and Oscar in particular.

"Zeah!" Dumptruck chuckled in kind; " Let zet that zid!" Mad Dog puts the paper in his gun holder so he couldn't forget where the location was as he and Dumptruck run into the Cape Suzette alleyway so that they couldn't be spotted easily. Everthing was going so well for the Air Pirates (as well as could be expected from a bunch of morons.) that Kit didn't even notice (or anyone else for that matter). Kit was more concerned about helping Jerry as they have finally made it to the office of Higher For Hire, each carrying two large bags of stuff for Rebecca's party. Kit was talking to Jerry about his adventures as of late: from his adventures in TerraStone to fighting a robot made by Doctor Axolotte. Each story was pretty much true as Jerry was amazed by Kit's resiliency.

"Kit; your adventures are legendary!" Jerry said cheerfully as she goes to the front door of the office; " No wonder you are a Jungle Ace Member. I'm glad to meet with you."

"Gee.." Kit responded blushing with embrassment; " ..thanks! You're a good friend."

"Don't feel ashamed Kit." Jerry said as she goes to the bell and rings it; " Real friends are always good..."

"Well; I'm glad to..." Kit started to say; but he was interrupted by a familiar female voice.

"Come in!" Rebecca calls out as Jerry opens the door right after Rebecca said that.

"I'll let you go in first.." Jerry offers; "..Okay?!"

"If you say so.." Kit nodded as Kit enters into the office. Rebecca was sitting at her desk listening to classical radio on the radio. Kit walks slowly towards the desk; "..Hello Miss Cunningham..." Kit nods as Jerry enters the office behind him; being careful not to be careless with the breakables.

"Oh Kit!" Rebecca said turning off the radio and standing up to greet them; " You're just in time. Hello Jerry."

"Hi Miss Cunningham.." Jerry greets her as she shows her the bags of breakables that she was carrying as proof that the task was completed. Rebecca looks very pleased; "..Here are all the breakables. Where do you want them?"

"Put them in the cooler over there..." Rebecca points out to her right. It was an almond eight foot tall fridge which was about ten away from her.

"Thank you Miss Cunningham..." Jerry nods in kind as she goes to the cooler to Rebecca's right side.

"Thank you.." Rebecca said kindly and then looks at Kit with very sharp eyes as Kit let's out a small glup. Kit knew that he was in trouble now; "..Kit Cloudkicker; may I have a word with you upstairs now?!"

"Yes Miss Cunningham..." Kit responded looking a bit afraid as he walks upstairs quickly and goes into the bedroom , keeping the door open for Rebecca to enter.

"Jerry?!" Rebecca asked nicely; " Can you put the non-food items in the storage room for me please.."

"As you wish Miss Cunningham.." Jerry said as she opens the cooler and starts putting the breakables (Read: food) into the fridge as Rebecca leaves her desk and walks upstairs.

"Thank you.." Rebecca said feeling relieved; "..You are a lifesaver..." Rebecca walks into the bedroom of Kit and closes the door behind her. Jerry takes a glance to the bedroom door and smiles.

"She's found out..." Jerry said as she continues her work on the fridge as Kit was sitting down on his bed with his baseball cap on the wooden post of the bed. He looked worried because Rebecca didn't seem pleased of something. Rebecca was looking at his squarely in the eyes and appeared sharp; but not angry.

"Kit Cloudkicker?" Rebecca started as Kit was worried since she said his full name; " I need to talk to you about courage..."

"Miss Cunningham.." Kit responded to defend himself as Rebecca had apparently found out about what happened earlier today; "..I was only trying to..."

"I already know what happened...I heard it on the radio..You heard a gunshot and you came to the rescue of the Vandersnoots!" Rebecca said as Kit looked a bit ashamed of himself; " Kit; sometimes I understand your compassion. However; Gloria is a..a..."

"Snob?! I know she is but I didn't stop Corndalis for her.." Kit explained strongly; "..Her son Oscar would have been killed."

"Kit..I commend your courage.." Rebecca responded as she embraced Kit with a hug; "..However; I'm your boss and if anything happened to you then I would never forgive myself." Rebecca now looked like she was teary-eyed as well. As Rebecca was talking to Kit; Jerry was placing all the food into the cooler. It sounded peaceful until a sound of a plane engine is heard from a distance and breaks the slience. It sounded like SuperFlight 100 engines as they stopped a few moments later. The SeaDuck has landed beside the left side of the dock. The engine propellers slowly stop turning and the doors open as Baloo Waladaze comes out. He went to Louie's again without Rebecca's premission and was still at least an hour late. However; that didn't seem to bother old Poppa Bear as he was dancing towards the Higher For Hire office with glee.

"Man; those guys at Louie's sure had a blast there. Lampshady dance move on the floor were point-picture perfect.." Baloo chuckled as he opened the door to the office and walks in; "..Hello office; I'm thirty minutes early.."

"Thirty minutes earlier than when you used to be late!" Jerry said sharply as she stood up and looked directly at Baloo like she had ice daggers in her eyes.

"What are you..my Nanny?!" Baloo protested as he goes to the open cooler and sees all the food as he swats Jerry away; " Hello; what is this?!" Before Baloo could get his greedy paws on the food and before Jerry could respond herself; Rebecca Cunningnam re-enters the office and walks downstairs looking angry as she usually was with Baloo being late.

"Stay away from the food!" Rebecca barked bitterly as Kit re-enters the office in kind; " I hope you were happy because you're still an hour too late! Jerry?! Continue what you were doing.." Rebecca commanded strongly as Rebecca goes over to Baloo and pulls him by the ear as Kit walks downstairs quickly; "..Kit; go outside and get the plane checked. You're going to the closet to get your eardrums killed...NOW!" Rebecca was in full force and she couldn't be stopped until Baloo gets all that he deserves.

"Awww.." Baloo complained as Baloo walks with Rebecca as she opens the closet door to her left; "..Beckey?!" Kit exits the office quickly before he could see even worse trouble for Baloo.

"Only you could ruin my day.." Rebecca declares as they walked into the closet; "..At least Kit is brave and trustworthy even if someone doesn't deserve it."

"What?! Kit did what...?!" Baloo asked looking very surprised as Kit was outside and walking towards the SeaDuck and opens the door leading into the navigator's seat. Kit enters the SeaDuck and closes the door. He then let out a sight as he looked sad. Sad that he got involved with Oscar and tried to save someone who even his own boss thinks was a mistake.

"Oscar..I don't know what I can say.." Kit said looking like he was going to cry; "..I had no right to protect you; even if you and your mother were going to die...Maybe I do hate Don Karnage so much..." Kit shook his head and then proceeded to do his checks on the navigational system and all internal inspection on the SeaDuck. He always did this with pride; but it wasn't the same tonight as a certain young rich kid was still on his mind. He didn't know if what he did was right....

***

It didn't bother him for very long as nightfall as Kit was sitting on his bed with his sweater off and in the dresser drawer as he was wearing his white undershirt. He actually looked to have a smile on his face as he was hearing grumbling downstairs all afternoon long and it had stopped. Apparently; Rebecca got tired of yelling at Baloo for being late (again!) and decided to leave as Baloo was entering the bedroom looking happy much to Kit's surprise.

"Well Poppa Bear.." Kit asked; "..How did you get Rebecca to keep you from being fired this time?"

"You really want to know Little Britches?!" Baloo chuckled as he close his fist and rubs it lightly into Kit's face which makes Kit giggle a bit; " I just told Beckey that the mangos turned into shakes. She was chewing me into the blue by then."

"Don't you ever worry that she's going to fire you for real?" Kit asked looking sharp

"I'm more worried about what you've been doing today." Baloo asked Kit; " What did Beckey mean by you being brave?"

"Well; a young boy named Oscar Vandersnoot was almost killed by a guy who felt remorse towards the Air Pirates." Kit explains as Baloo looked very surprised.

"You're kidding me?!" Baloo protested sharply; " There are groups out there who love that fiend?!"

"Yeah; no wonder Don Karnage gets away with a lot of stuff?! Poppa Bear.." Kit said; "..You remember how you were taken in by the higher class?" Kit was talking about a time when Baloo met Hans and Helga who owned the manison of Baron Von Bruinwald and Baloo was supposed to be the thirteenth baron. Those two snobs actually tried everything to kill Baloo (and their decendents already killed the other 12 barons) so they could steal the baron's fortune; but Baloo and Rebecca outsmarted them by staging a fake death of the 13th baron long enough so the police could arrive to stop the murderers. The defeat of them came at a high price as Baloo owed about two dollars of taxes as the estate was $502 million in debt from back taxes and the estate was worth $500 million ending Baloo's dreams of being rich.

"Yeah...so?" Baloo asked shrugging it off. Baloo wanted to forget all about that incidnet as it still hurt him personally.

"Poppa Bear.." Kit continued strongly; "..Many rich folks aren't evil; they're arrogent, misguided people who don't ask for assistance when they really need it. Even so; they can be good people. They don't deserve to die. To answer your question; I was helping Miss Cunningham with the Higher For Hire Open House Party by getting all of the food and party flavours. I unintentionally bumped into the Vandersnoots at the Cape Suzette Grocery & Party Shoppe and his mother was pretty mean. After about an hour; I was leaving the store with Jerry Knittenbottom who was a delievery girl for the store.."

"Wait a minute...you were with Beckey Jr.?!" Baloo asked as she knew Jerry; " She was babysitting Molly while you were being exploited by Dan Dawson..Do you..?"

"Yeah; I know that.." Kit responded nodding his head; "..She's really nice to hard working people...Anyway; we were going back to the office when I heard a gunshot and the Vandersnoots were screaming... Corndalis was going to kill Oscar's mother so I stopped him before he could try..." He could remember screaming at Corndalis to ** Shut up Terrorist! ** as he remembered how he saved Gloria from taking a bullet right to the head with his airfoil; "Jerry went to the police and they arrested Corndalis for attempted murder."

"You are something else Kit..and you actually used your head.." Baloo said as he went to his bed and sat down in it; "..It's too bad the Vandersnoots aren't clients. Ted seems to be a nice guy."

"I think it's because Gloria would think of you as the scum of Earthia." Kit giggled as he flopped onto the top of his bed as Baloo looked at him sharply.

"Man; your mouth is smart today.." Baloo responded back as Kit goes to the candle and blows it out; "..Good night Kit..."

"Goodnight Poppa Bear..." Kit said back as darkness consumed the room and Kit lies down and starts to sleep. He was hoping for no nightmares; but it wasn't always the case as Baloo falls asleep as well knowing that his job at Higher For Hire was safe for now at least. If only a certain millionarie tycoon could sleep as well as these two. The streets were empty as a limo was driving down a dark street towards its destination. Inside the limo sat a tall almond bear wearing a black suit, black pants and a red tie eating food on a steel table in the back. Ted Vandersnoot was having late supper as the press was badgering him as he was leaving his business. The menu tonight was cooked swordfish a la creme with fishegg spread. Also included was a salad made of iceberg lettuce, pineapple, slamon, feda cheese, olives and brocoli and a fruit salad made of such exotic fruits as starfruit, mangos, figs, strawberries, blueberries, bananas, coconut and mint. He was drinking purified water that was created by a man-made spring from his manison. Gloria was sitting beside Ted and he was sleeping as she had a rough day with her having to deal with Corndalis and then having to be helped by other people; most of them not at their level. Ted was angry as he was eating; but not at the people who helped her and not as much on Corndalis himself. It was the press as they were badgering him at the hospital press room and they were not exactly pleasing to Ted's eye.

"I cannot believe that the press would incline that I was careless." Ted hissed as he drank some water from a wine glass; " This Corndalis is the criminal here and yet they had the gall to ask me why I don't want police protection..." It was a terrible day and it was lowlighted by the press conference that Ted held after Gloria was sent to the hospital to check over. It was the worse hour of his life as he faced a press that didn't exactly have much sympathy for the Vandersnoots. In a way; it was the way the Vandersnoots (except Oscar of course) treat people as if they are beneath them and they needed no one's help. Greed had a certain way to create ugly moments such as this press conference....

~

Four Hours Ago...

Ted was at the podium inside the media room of the hospital. It was a plain area with vanilla walls and ceilings. There was a wooden floor and thirty seats were lined up in five rows of six. Only seven members of the press were sitting in them. The reporters were wearing brown trenchcoats, black pants and beige reporter hats indicating that they were from the same press outlet. No one apprently wanted to touch this story since it wasn't important to them. Apparently; Ted was more out of touch with the press than with the people that he thumbed his nose at. The first reporter was a medium build male brown bear. The second reporter was a taller female grey bear. The third reporter was a medium build female blond bear while the fourth reporter was a short male blue jay. The fifth reporter was a medium build female white eagle, the sixth reporter was a medium build male red cardinal, and the final reporter was a tall male silver hawk. All had their notepads and pencils ready to write down the important notes. Ted had already gone through most of his pre-written press speech and was ready to close it.

"I'd like to state that no one was hurt in the incident involving my wife and my son." Ted said strongly; "I've heard the rumors that a young poor bearcub was responsiable for stopping this member of the People Againest Materialism group. Corndalis believes that no one earns anything. He is a thief, a thug and a terrorist. He was willing to kill my son for no real reason. He will pay for this; I'm going to make sure of that..Questions?!"

"Sir? Are you now considering police protection?" Reporter #1 asked.

"I have talked with my wife about the situation and we believe that police protection will not be needed." Ted responded without showing signs of anger; " We made a mistake and it will be solved by my security force.."

"Sir? Will you consider PAM's conduct?!" Reporter #2 asked sharply as that question was the one that got Ted Vandersnoot upset. He looked pretty cross at the reporter for suggesting that he basically give in to the evil ones that terrorized him. Corndalis almost killed his son and wife and this reporter by her tone of voice was basically saying that this was all due to him being rich.

"As I stated before; they are an anti-furry group who would kill for their beliefs. They abused their freedom.." Ted said strongly and harshly as the reporters are taken back somewhat; "..I'm not giving into them..."

~

That question still made him mad as he puts down his wine glass harshly and almost shatters it in his hands; "How could any member of the press ask such a pompus questions?! Never mind that..." Just as he was about to go into his business lectures on how to handle such scumbags; a gravel male voice beckons. It was his driver.

"Sir...we are at the gate.." The driver said as Ted notices the iron gates in front of the limo.

"Thank you Nicalo.." Ted said as he pushes a red button on the panel of the roof of the car; "..I'll sleep easy knowing my son Oscar is at our beautiful home safe and sound." The red button was the signal for the iron bar gate to open which was inbetween a massive 15 foot long and six foot thich brick wall with barb wire on top of it. Welcome to the Vandersnoot Manison; the home of the rich tycoon who feared everyone except themselves and their own kind. The manison was a three floor large castle stone structure with coned wooden roofs on top. The walls were made of granite and the front of the mansion had a gold/steel plated spiraling staircase. The front yard had two stone fountains with statues of a black crow wearing a business suit in the middle spitting water from it's mouth. The statues were a tribute to Charles Rich; the founder of captialism in all of Earthia. He was loved by rich folks, in some respects hated by the poor and basically forgotten by everyone else due to his hosile need to gain money at all costs. He was a visionary in a good and bad way as he died of heart diease almost 27 years ago. The limo goes into the driveway and parks right in front of the stairway. As the gate begins to close, Mad Dog & Dumptruck appear from their hiding places behind a blind spot from the right side of the gate and enter the courtyard. They hide behind a large oak tree which there were at least ten of them scattered all about the property. The Vandersnoots love shade and it was a perfect place to hide. The limo door opens and out steps Nicalo from the driver's side of the limo and goes to the backseat of the car.

"Oh honey.." Ted said noticing that Gloria was slowly waking up and looked goggy; "..You're stirring."

"Help me into the house." Gloria responded still feeling light-headed. The experience today took a lot out of her.

"Anything you say honey.." Ted responded as he took Gloria's arm as Nicalo opens the left back door. Ted helps Gloria out of the car and assists her to the stairs; " ..Nicalo?! Park the car in the garage."

"Yes sir.." Nicalo said saluting his boss as he closes the door and heads to the driver's seat. He hops in and closes the driver's side door. As Gloria and Ted made it to the double door entrance. Dumptruck & Mad Dog run towards the right side behind their backs and sneaked behind the right fountain. Ted opens the door and helps her into the house. The doors closes the limo starts going to the right side of the building and stops right in front of a large chuck of concreate. Nicalo was grumbling to himself; "..That kid...troublemaker in my humble opinion..." He was igorant; yet it was possible when your boss tells you to thumb your nose at anyone who wasn't worthy of you. Nicalo presses a blue button on the panel of the roof in the front seat and that chuck of concreate rises up. The limo goes into the building secret garage area. Mad Dog and Dumptruck run quickly as the concreate door begins to close. They get inside just in time as the door locks completely. That was one heavy door; capable of crushing anyone in it's path. The garage is 40 feet by 30 feet by 20 feet in size and the walls were grey in color and made of concreate blocks. The left side of the garage contained a large wooden shelf filled with tires and hoses. The back wall was where the batteries and various engine parts are stored. On the right side; there's a hole where the dumb waiter resides. Dumptruck and Mad Dog hides behind the shelf of tires. The limo stops completely and the engines are cut. The door opens and Nicalo steps out and hears a whimpering sound somewhere near the tires. Mad Dog was whimpering because the hiding place wasn't big and he was scared.

"What the--?" Nicalo said as he looks around. Mad Dog continues to whimper.

"Oh great!!" Mad Dog said under his breath; " He's found us..."

"I've zot an idea.." Dumptruck responds back under his breath as he pushes Mad Dog in front of Nicalo's path.

"Hey! What are you doing?" Mad Dog protested bitterly at Dumptruck as Nicalo takes a step back and looks surprised.

"Air Pirates?!" Nicalo protested as Dumptruck pushes pushes the wooden shelf just enough to force the tires and hoses off the shelf and right onto Nicalo. Mad Dog opens his eyes and notices Nicalo was sitting on the ground and was wearing four tires around his body. Nicalo continues to shout; " You sick freaks!!" Nicalo tries to scream out for his boss; however, Dumptruck takes his fist and nails Nicalo right in the head and that knocks Nicalo out cold. Mad Dog and Dumptruck slap some skin and Mad Dog looks amazed.

"Amazing.." Mad Dog proclaimed; "..Your plan actually worked for once."

"Zeah; zhe chaffeur zas too zasy." Dumptruck responded as Mad Dog looks around and notices the hole for the dumb waiter. He goes to it and notices a map next to it. The map shows a blueprint of the Vandersnoot's home residence. The dumb waiter's path goes from the garage and up to the top floor; which leads directly to Oscar's bedroom. Mad Dog licked his chops as this was perfect for them to kidnap Oscar Vandersnoot without anyone noticing them.

"Look at this!!" Mad Dog said in glee as he points to the room on the top floor; " According to this map; the boy sleeps in this room." However; their plan was going to have to be delayed because there was a knock on the door.

"Excuse me.." Ted shouted out as he was knocking oon the door; "..I heard some crash...." Dumptruck gulps in fear as he looks for a place to hide and then sees the knocked out Nicalo and had another plan. Man; in this world, if Dumptruck can put together two good plans then the people he was trying to fool were very easy to fool.

"I zad another idea.." Dumptruck said under his breath as Mad Dog goes into the dumb waiter to hide. Outside the side door which led to the garage area and into the hallway was Ted Vandersnoot knocking on the door.

"Excuse me....!" Ted shouts out again looking impatient and then speaks under his breath; cursing at his chaffeur. He didn't need this tonight in light of all the problems his family was having right now; "[The last thing I need is a chaffeur complex].." The door flings open and it shows Dumptruck dressing up like Nicalo; "..Oh...Mr. Gorbane. So you're in the garage. What happened to Nicalo?" he asked. Dumptruck pauses for a moment to grab his thoughts as Ted had no idea that an Air Pirate was in his manison at this very moment.

"Um.." Dumptruck responded; "..He's zaving trouble with zhe shelfs.."

"Have you been taking swedish voice lessons again?" Ted asked sounding suspious.

"Zes zir..." Dumptruck responded in his usual voice.

"Never you mind.." Ted said looking sharp; "..Tell Nicalo to clean up the garage and get up here. Once you're done; come up to my room. It's on the top floor next to Oscar's room. Understood?!"

"Yes sir..." Dumptruck said in actual proper english for a change (which was one of the few phrases that he could say without lisping) saluting Ted. Ted felt a bit better that someone was delievering his standards for a change.

"That's better.." Ted said as Dumptruck closes the door quietly and Ted walks down the hallway towards the room with his wife Gloria; "..I must remember to repremend Nicalo for making such a vulgar noise." Dumptruck goes downstairs as Nicalo is in his undershirt and underwear, tied up with those tires and was gagged. He was still completely knocked out as Dumptruck goes to the dumb waiter where Mad Dog was.

"Oh; I get the idea. You go to Ted's office and I'll use the dumb waiter to get up into Oscar's room. That's great!.." Mad Dog responded with glee; "..Good thing I thought about it first." Mad Dog uses the rope to pull the dumb waiter box slowly up the shaft as Dumptruck gumbles and goes back to the door. He wasn't happy since this was his idea and his idea was actually working for a change.

"Ze always zteals my ideas!" Dumptruck whined softly as he opens the door and goes into the hallway; proceeding with the two-prong plan to kidnap Oscar Vandersnoot and using him as ransom for Don Karnage to gain money from the hapless rich family...and the Vandersnoots had no idea what was going to be hitting them....

***

Oscar Vandersnoot was in his bedroom sitting on his bed with his father Ted sitting next to him. Oscar's room was a very large room for a bedroom (about 625 square feet in size) with painted sky blue. The ceilings were painted lime green and vaulted. Oscar's bed is in the upper left portion of the room and was ten feet long and six feet wide. The bed was covered with banana yellow satin covers and white sheets underneath. The matress is boxed in with honey wood trim on the sides and the backboard. The is no bed roof or posts. In front of the bed was a wooden toybox where all of Oscar's toys and his teddy bear collection are. There were building blocks and various teaching aids to the bottom right side of the room on a wooden table. The top right side of the bedroom contained a hole where the dumb waiter was. The closet is inbetween the dumb waiter and the table. Also beside the dumb waiter was a glass door leading to a look out. In between the glass door and the bed was a ten foot bookshelf filled with learning books. Ted had a candlelight in his hands as he was too cheap to even turn the lights on. Oscar was a bit sleepy but he was awake as he went to bed early; just as Ted had hoped for his servents to behave.

"Hello son.." Ted said quietly and nicely; "..Thank God you're all right."

"Daddy.." Oscar responded looking sleepy; "..How was business today?"

"It was all right.." Ted responded not wanting to tell Oscar how angry he was of the last four hours with the press; "..But I'm worried about you."

"Daddy?!" Oscar asked looking confused.

"I haven't been able to see you for days at a time.." Ted responded; "..I don't know what I would do if I lost you."

"A young boy named Kit save me from Corndalis." Oscar said with a sheepish grin; " I'm all right."

"Well; I'm glad you found a real friend even if your mother would only want him around for thirty seconds.." Ted said as he kissed Oscar on the cheek and stands up ; "..Good night...I'll be seeing you at breakfast tommorrow." Ted starts to walk towards the door leading into the hallway.

"Good night Daddy!" Oscar said as he lies down and closes his eyes. He falls fast asleep just as Ted opens the door and exits the bedroom. Ted is now in the hallway which was a stylish, ninteenth-centuary Lyndonish room with wooden trim and shiny grantie stone floors. There was a red carpet on the floor and it streaches through the entire hallway which was about 160 feet long. The ceilings were vaulted and painted cream while the walls were painted gold. Each door is made of maple wood and had gold-plated door knobs. In between the doors ; there was an electric candlelight stand similar to the real candlestand that Ted was using. Ted blows out his candle and walks towards his room which was about thirty feet away. However; Dumptruck runs up from behind and trips which causes him to fall down with a thud. Thankfully; he doesn't blow his cover as a result. Ted turns around and sees Dumptruck getting up and still thinks it is Mr. Gorbane.

"Ah there you are Mr. Gorbane.." Ted said sharply motioning his to come to him as Dumptruck goes over to Ted slowly; "..Come over here..."

"Zeah zir?!" Dumptruck asked as Ted looks around and notices that Oscar's large teddy bear is nestled next to the door. He whinces as he forgot that one of Oscar's teddy bears was repaired and he forgot to give it to him.

"Darn it! I forgot to give my son his repaired teddy bear." Ted exclaims bitterly as he give Dumptruck Oscar's teddy bear on his left arm and the candle stand on the right hand; " Mr. Gorbane can you please put this teddy bear beside him?! And please kill the swedish accent. It's unbearable.." Ted walks shaking his head to his room and opens the door.

"Yes zir!" Dumptruck responds saluting him. Ted didn't even bother looking at his servent and showed some disdain for his servent.

"Tsk....Tsk...Tsk..." Ted said as he enters his room and closes the door behind him. Dumptruck takes a lighter out of his pocket and lights the candle with it. Dumptruck opens the door and enters inside Oscar's room. As he walks towards the bed gently; a creeking sound ensumes and the box in the dumb waiter goes up to the highest rung. Dumptruck goes to the dumb waiter and gently grabs Mad Dog out of the dumb waiter. Mad Dog bounces onto the floor with a thud. Oscar tosses and turns a bit; but doesn't wake up. Mad Dog tries to shout; but Dumptruck covers his mouth before he can speak. Oscar continues to toss and turn; but doesn't wake up as a result. Mad Dog almost blows Dumptruck's plan.

"[Zhat was zlose..]" Dumptruck said under his breath as he puts the candle on the table next to the bed.

"[Yeah...now let's get that kid.]" Mad responds under his breath as he looks at Oscar.

"[Zgreed..]" Dumptruck responded under his breath as Dumptruck goes to the bed and as Oscar turns to his side facing Dumptruck; he puts the teddy bear into Oscar's grabbing arms and Oscar grabs it. "[..Zome to zapa!]" Mad Dog holds back his giggle at Dumptruck's quiet boasting as Dumptruck's hands go towards Oscar to grab him as Oscar is sleeping deeply now that his bear was in his arms. He was completely helpless as Ted was sitting in a wooden rocking chair in the center of his bedroom. The room was the same size as Oscar's and the bed was similar to Oscar's except the covers are crimson red and there's a crimson red bedroof on top of wooden pillars. The bottom left side of the room had a tall bookshelf filled with complex books about business. The bottom right side of the room had a small mini-bar with various juices and drinks. The top right side of the room had a large dressing area which was covered so no one could be a peeping tom. Ted Vandersnoot was reading a gold-plated covered book called Banking The Triple by Cossack Von Halonia who was another millionaire from Wesdon.

"Ha.." Ted said yawning as the book was boring about to nearly put him to sleep; "..Always a good hard book about running a successful empire is needed to put you to sleep.." Ted gets off his rocking chair and goes to the bookshelf. The door opens and a familiar grey dog enters wearing the same servent suit that Dumptruck was wearing. Only it is not Dumptruck this time; but Serventis Gorbane, a proper speaking servent of Ted Vandersnoot. Ted puts the book onto the third shelf; tenth book to the right. Serventis goes towards him.

"Mr. Serventis Gorbane reporting for midnight security sir." Serventis proclaims saluting him.

"Ah.." Ted responds looking pleased; "..I see that you have decided to kill the swedish accent after all."

"Sir.." Serventis responds looking offended; "..I never took swedish lessons in my life."

"Never mind.." Ted responds back shrugging it off; "..I'm quite happy that you delievered Oscar's teddy to him. He gets loney without it sometimes."

"Sir.." Serventis said looking a bit puzzled; "..Pardon me for being rude; but I was in the servent's dressing room getting prepared for the midnight shift. I haven't seen Oscar since yesterday sir..."

"But I saw you in the garage..and.." Ted said feeling a clutch of panic as the door flings opens and sees Nicalo dressed in his undershirt and underwear. Ted looks angry now that Nicalo would violate the dress code in his own manison; "..What the---?! What are you doing in your underwear?!"

"I was attacked by intruders;" Nicalo spoke quickly as Ted looking even more cross. He was played for a fool and he didn't even realize it; " one of them stole my clothes and spoke with a swedish accent."

"What?! Someone get my gun!!" Ted hissed bitterly as Nicalo and Serventis exit quickly to get his gun. Ted was not only angry; but concerned about his wife because she was now in danger; " Gloria..." While that concern was valid; he should have really been concerned about Oscar as that was exactly what these intruders wanted to kidnap as Mad Dog and Dumptruck were inside Oscar's bedroom ready to grab Oscar and go down the dumb waiter. Oscar was still asleep as Dumptruck had an evil smirk on his face as he grabs Oscar while Mad Dog had the candle stand in his hands.

"[Zhis is too zast..like zaking candy from the zaby...]" Dumptruck said under his breath as he quietly goes directly to Mad Dog.

"[Perfect..Now let me take him down the dumb waiter.]" Mad Dog responds under his breath as he attempts to grab Oscar while giving Dumptruck the candle. However; a gunshot is heard and the door flings opens. Nicalo, Ted and Serventis enter as Dumptruck and Mad Dog were shocked so badly that Mad Dog unintentionally throws the candle onto an oil painting of Oscar & his family. The flames make contact with the oil painting and the right wall is completely set ablaze; "Oh God! Let's get out of here.." Mad Dog screams out as Dumptruck and Mad Dog run towards the deck. However; Dumptruck is too loose with Oscar and Oscar unintentionally grabs onto the book shelf. Oscar's leg unintentionally kicks Mad Dog & Dumptruck through the glass door; shattering the door into a million pieces. Oscar falls to the ground and barely misses the glass. Ted rushes to Oscar and grabs him into his arms before Oscar could be injured. Amazing enough; Oscar was still in a deep sleep the whole time and never realized that he saved himself from the Air Pirates. Mad Dog & Dumptruck have minor cuts everywhere as they fly over the fence and the lookout area completely. They missed the barbed wire by about five feet and land right into a large maple tree about ten feet away from the property wall. Dumptruck and Mad Dog are draped againest the strong branches of the tree.

"Zey.." Dumptruck protested; "..Zhe zouse is on zire!! Zou did zit!"

"Shut up and let's get away from the firehole before we get burned to a crisp!" Mad Dog snapped back as the branch snaps due to their large combined weight and they fall down to the ground with a thud. Back inside Oscar's room as the blaze was getting bigger and bigger with each passing second. Ted gets Oscar out of the room as Servetnis and Nicalo have buckets of water in hand and they attempt to put out of the fire by throwing water as the flaming oil painting. However; that only made it worse as the flames were spreading to the other walls as well.

"Oh No!" Nicalo screamed out; " It's an oil painting...I forgot!!"

"Sir; your wife is in the adjecent room." Serventis screamed with a panic in his voice; " The fire is eating away at the wall."

"Oh God.." Ted screamed as he ran to the door of Gloria's room. He grabs the door knob and tries to turn it but there was no go. The door was locked and Gloria was clearly in a deep sleep as she didn't respond; "..GLORIA!! WAKE UP!!" Ted tries to kick the door open; but the doors were so strong because they were reinforced to prevent intruders from breaking in. The security measures were coming back to haunt Ted now; " GOD HELP ME!!" As Ted was screaming; it was enough for Oscar to slowly stir and begin to wake up.

"Daddy?!" Oscar asked looking sleepy; " What's going on?"

"Sir.." Serventis exclaimed as he ran out of the room; "..Let me take Oscar out!!"

"Here..." Ted shouts back as he give Oscar to Serventis; "...Oscar don't worry about me.." Serventis grabs Oscar quickly ;"..I'm going to save your mother..."

"Daddy?!" Oscar screams out as Serventis runs towards the stairway and exits downstairs towards the front of the house. Ted continues to try to kick the door down as the flames were spreading at a rapid rate and the smoke was starting to thicken. Nicalo approches Ted and has a regular axe in his hands.

"Thanks Nicalo.." Ted demanded as he takes the axe from Nicalo and starts to chop the door down; " ..Call the fire department."

"Already done sir..." Nicalo responds with a panic in his voice as the smoke was spreading all around.

"Then get out!!" Ted barks out loudly; " I'm not leaving without my wife!"

"Right sir!!" Nicalo responds coughing as the smoke was getting thicker and thicker. Ted was starting to cough as well.

"I'm coming honey!!" Ted screams out as he continues to chop away at the door's lock and it was almost broken away. However; Ted would have to be very quick if he wanted to save Gloria as the bedroom's western wall was completely engulfed with flames and the flames have spread across the floor creating a semi-ring about one foot high. The remaining walls were melting from the stucko in the wall and the smoke was spreading inside. The room was like Oscar's room; but there were no toys or books present. The bottom right side was an area where she would paint when no guests were present. She uses oil-based paints to paint and they were clearly flammable to say the least. The flame haven't reached the area yet; but it was very close at this point. The flames were also nearing Gloria as she was tossing and turning because the heat was clearly getting to her. The door was finally breaking as Ted manages to chop through the door completely and the door falls down to the left side. Ted jumps in and places the axe on the floor.

"OH GOD!! WAKE UP GLORIA!!" Ted screams out as the heat and the voice of Ted manages to wake Gloria up quickly and she looks around. All she can see is fire and smoke and it was dangerously close to her. She shireks loudly

"There is a fire in the house...GOD!!" Gloria screams back as Ted foolishly jumps over the foot-long fire ring and grabs onto Gloria who gets to the edge of the bed. If there was a bedroof on top; Gloria would be suffering burns by now.

"Gloria...Hold on to me..." Ted screams as Gloria grabs on him and Ted manages to jump over the flames. However; the smoke confuses him as he jumps another step and crashes into the wall. Ted falls out of the doorway and is knocked out. He has some cuts on his hands and chin as Gloria is on top of him and was screaming out loud.

"Honey?! WAKE UP!!" Gloria screamed out as the smoke was causing her to cough and was way too thick to be healthy. Tear were coming from her cheek as she feared that they were going to die together. The fire was now spreading into the ceilings and manages to get into Gloria's oil-based paints. The fire was now completely out of control; " Got...to..." she spoke as she closed her mouth and grabs onto Ted. She crawls down the hallway as fast as she could with Ted in tow. She had a long way to go before getting out and the flames were spreading big time. Outside of the house at the main gate as four red fire trucks stop next to the gate. Serventis goes down the golden spiral staircase with Oscar Vandersnoot as seven large male dalmination dog furries come out of the firetrucks wearing black raincoats, black rubber pants and red helmets. They were known as the Seven Dogs of Flame; a famous group of firefighters in Cape Suzette who usually service the rich since they were willing to do the job. They were also brothers; septuplets with the names of Firetow, Hosea, Axetove, Valveoz, Dalmin, Fortsight and Blazer. Serventis makes it to the gate.

"Here's Oscar.." Serventis yells out as he gives Oscar to Dalmin; "..I'll open the gate for you..."

"Thank you..." Dalmin responds as he grabs Oscar and wraps a blue blanket around Oscar to keep him warm. The gate slowly begins to open.

"Mother?!.." Oscar shouts out with tears in his eyes as he blows into the blanket; "..Father?!" Dalmin goes with Oscar to the back of the firetruck as Axetove and Valveoz grab their hoses as the gate completely opens. Dalmin places Oscar on the edge of the fire truck.

" Hosea?!" Dalmin demands to Hosea; " Get a third hose on that thing.." Nicalo and Serventis exit the property through the gate so the firefighters could do their work properly; "..I would suggest you two take cover...The police are on their way...." Dalmin then grabs his axe and runs towards the house as the fire continues to blaze even stronger. Hosea, Axetove and Valveoz point their hoses up towards the flames and water flies from the hose and right straight towards the flames. Dalmin, Fortsight, Blazer and Firetow enters the house as the water was starting to keep the flames at bay.

"I should retire from this garbage." Serventis said as he and Nicalo looked at the carnage caused by the Air Pirates as the flames continued to consume everything inside the house and out.

"I would sue but they have lawyers.." Nicalo responds shaking his head; ".. I'm just a lonely servent and I'm fond of Oscar's company.." Dalmin, Fortsight, Blazer and Firetow get down on their knees as the smoke was filling the main hallway of the house. There was too much smoke to see anything at this point. Dalmin hears someone tumbling down the stairs and crawls to his left. He crawls a bit until he manages to see Ted & Gloria slowly crawling away from the left stairway. Gloria was coughing acutely.

"Help...me...." Gloria shierked as she finally faints from the heat which was completely overwhelming. Dalmin gulps as Blazer goes right beside him.

"Blazer?!" Dalmin speaks quickly as he crawls over to Gloria and grabs her. He puts a white mask over her mouth to allow her to stop breathing in toxic smoke; " Take the father!!" Blazer nodded as he crawls over to Ted and grabs him.

"You better be lucky that..." Blazer tries to say before coughing acutely. Dalmin looks at the door looking at the smoke.

"Put your opinions aside and get him out of there." Dalmin yells out coughing; " I think the fire is spreading.."

"Rodger..." Blazer coughed back as he and Dalmin was dragging Ted & Gloria towards Foresight and Firetow who was inside the door's entranceway on their knees inbetween the door and the spiral staircase. Outside; the flames were subsiding a little bit as the fire was starting to get more in control; but it was still very strong. Nicalo was now holding Oscar and Serventis was still in shock as the place was nearly burning to the ground. Oscar looks at the house as he rubs his eyes to get the tears out. He looks and see something that makes him happy as tears come down his cheeks.

"Father!! Mother!!" Oscar screamed out as he pointed directly to the house.

"Huh?!" Nicalo and Serventis said at the same time as they look towards the house door and they see coming out of the smoke was Blazer and Fortsight taking Ted while Dalmin and Firetow taking Gloria out of the house on their backs and down the spiral staircase. Water was sprayed everywhere as the home was collapsing under the weight of the fire melting the supports. The firefighter were a minute away from being killed in the fire along with Gloria and Ted; " My God!!" they shouted as sierns are heard within earshot as three police cars arrive at the scene as Nicalo notices them.

"Thank God..The torment may finally end..." Nicalo said crying as the firefighters continue to fight the fire and it slowly begins to die down. It took about five hours for the blaze to finally be put under control and another hour to put it completely out. Nicalo and Serventis could only watch with a teary-eyed Oscar as their livestyle was destroyed at the hands of a group who wanted to kidnap Oscar. It was proof that bad things can happen to anyone and arrogence can lead to death if anyone lets them....

***

Morning arises as the smoke is still there rising from the house. It was a sunny day and it was still miserable for the Vandersnoot family as their manison was pretty much destroyed in the blaze that happened last night. About three-quarters of the roof is gone and mant of the top floor walls and floors were burnt to a cinder or crisp. The bottom floor fared a little better; but it suffered massive smoke and water damage. The garage was thankfully undamaged for the most part except for the left side wall which was damaged by the water and smoke. In front of the garage stood Derek Thursday, Oscar Vandersnoot, Dalmin, Blazer, Serventis and Nicalo as they were watching Gloria and Ted waking laying down on the ground wrapped with blankets coughing as they woke up. They looked like a mess as their foolish acts nearly killed them.

"Are you two all right?" Derek asked sharply.

"What happened?!" Ted asked looking at Gloria; the only adult he could look at.

"You were knocked out trying to pull me from the flames.." Gloria explained with a panic look on her face; "..What's going on?!"

"Two dog-like furries tried to kidnap your son Mrs. Vandersnoot.." Serventis explained and that caused Gloria to shriek violently.

"WHAT?!" she screamed bitterly; " Did you let that god-less PAM furry in?!"

"It wasn't Corndalis madam; it was two Air Pirates." Nicalo assured her; " One of them was a whining brown ferret and the other was a grey bulldog with a Swedish accent and a black top hat.."

"Mad Dog Vanchaud and Dumptruck Stillizzo; I should have known that." Derek responded sharply; " Don Karnage was somehow behind this. He's after Oscar and Sale for the fortune."

"Sale went to university to escape because they could protect her from the Air Pirates." Ted said looking very upset and realizing that the family could no longer hide from the people who were willing to protect them. Their arrogance was gone and replaced with sorrow. They didn't let the police do their job and they nearly paid for it with their lives; "I've had enough of these threats and now I know why my daughter is not here anymore."

"But..." Gloria tried to protest; but Ted clearly had enough with this. He needed help and he knew.

"No my dear.." Ted snapped back; "..The Air Pirates sneaked into our cozy life and attempted to kidnap our son... Almost killing everyone in the process. Our servents cannot handle this and we cannot watch our kids 24/7 while someone is plotting our demise just because we make our money by working. It's time for police protection." That statement made Oscar looked scared to death as he runs off towards the fountain away from the adults. Derek looked confused and wondered why he was so scared.

"Honey; it wasn't about the terrorists winning." Gloria explained her true reasons why she didn't want police protection in the first place; " Oscar's scared when scary people with guns are around. If we had police protection; he would be a nervous wreck.."

"Oh my.." Derek said in a state of shock; "..why didn't you tell us about that?!"

"Because I thought you would laugh at the thought of my son being afraid of someone like the police.." Gloria snapped back bitterly; "..Well; Oscar is scared of you people...and..."

"...I see...This is a problem." Derek said pondering about how to solve this problem; " The last thing we need is to have police protection and have a young child living in fear. There must be some way to send a message to those pirates....Wait?! Does Oscar have any friends outside of the rich order?"

"None that I know.." Gloria responded looking almost ready to cry; "..Kids laugh at him. They disrespect him because he's rich and everything."

"I see.." Derek said as he then knew who could help him. He saw him with Oscar just last night and he treated him like a human being. One of the few non rich snobs who would treat him right; "..I know a friend who could help. He knows how the Air Pirates tick...and he knows Oscar pretty well to respect him." Oscar heard the conversation within earshot and said only one name.

"Kit..." Oscar said and everyone knew that he was the one who can protect Oscar. Gloria knew that since he stopped Corndalis from killing her son (despite her meaness towards him)...and Derek knew that if he was going to convince the Vandersnoots that Kit was the one; he was going to have to tell the truth about Kit Cloudkicker and why he knows the Air Pirates so much...Even if they cannot believe it themselves.

***

Meanwhile; Kit wasn't thinking about the Vandersnoots as it was another day at the Cape Suzette Elementary School and even a bright mature boy like Kit wasn't above getting an education (or so Rebecca Cunningham points out.). Still there was a bigger benefit to going to school as Kit now had good friends such as Ernie Mandate, Lars Jane, Spot, S.D. (Super David), Lion Hazelnut, Scott T. Cat, Will Thursday and Zal. It was noon time and they were going to the track & field area to the northern part of the school proptery in order for Kit to prepare himself for making the track team next month. As they manage to make it to the edge of the track; they are stopped by a tall thirteen year old male blond bear wearing a white tank shirt and red track pants. He had a cocky smile and a pretty selfish attitude; often calling kids beneath him awful names just to bully them. He was Teddy Scarcutta who was the son of Kit's gym teacher Nelson Scarcutta who might just be the toughest teacher in all of Cape Suzette (now that Teefa Bradshaw was no longer on Kit's annoyance list. Teddy walks up to Kit and uses his left paw to shove Kit harshly; but unlike most kids that he loved to bully, Kit doesn't fall onto his can. In fact he doesn't budge as he asserts his ground.

"Hey little squirt?!" Teddy said with his acid tongue; " Still think you can get on the track team this spring?!"

"I'll tell you what Teddy.." Kit responded acting calm and sarcastic; "..Let's have a one hundred metre dash and see who gets a _leg up_ on the competition..."

"Hey; Kiddy's got a potty mouth." Teddy responds with a cocky tone.

"It's Kit; Teddy Calcutta." Kit said matching his tone as Teddy is a bit upset that his chip has been knocked off the shoulder so to speak.

"That's Scarcutta to you!" Teddy snapped back.

"Whatever you say.." Kit responded in a sly voice; "..Let's go to the track...Accept?!" Kit winks a bit just to really get Teddy mad.

"You...are...on...Potty Mouth!" Teddy said slowly as he was determined to put the young upstart in his place. No way that he was going to be insulted by a little boy who was almost a foot shorter than Teddy was. Kit offers to shake his hand; but Teddy walks to the track field ignoring him. Kit follows him with the remaining Jungle Ace members following close behind. "

"Come on Kit!" Ernie said strongly with his fist pumped; " Smoke him until he bleeds!"

"Ernie?!" Will asked tugging on his shirt; " Isn't that a bad thing?!"

"What do you mean?!" Ernie responded acting defensive; " When I said smoke; I didn't mean.." Ernie cups his right hand and sucks a bit before blowing through his cupped hand as if he was smoking a cigar; "..like that!"

"I was talking about bleeding.." Will points out as Teddy and Kit make it to the starting line of the track meet with the Jungle Aces going straight to the bleachers; "..That's violent!"

"Oh man;" Ernie whined as he slapped his head gently as he didn't like the fact that Will didn't get what he was saying; " I hate it when you cannot take a figure of speech.." Kit and Teddy stop at the starting line and get into their position blocks (Lane one and Lane two respectally). The track was a clay track similar to the standard four hundred meter oval track used in the Olympics. In fact; during the summer, various track & field organizations use the track to train for the upcoming olympic games. The middle of the track lined with various sand pits which were used to host pole vault, shotput, high jump and other various track & field events. However; since it was winter the pole vault and various equipment needed for those events were not available. The only access Kit and Teddy had were the starting blocks and the track for the running events. Kit sets himself into the starting blocks.

"Read to lose Teddy...?" Kit asked looking at Teddy who proceeds to set himself into the starting blocks as well.

"Hey; are you losers ready to see this Kiddy Potty Loser lose in his first event?!" Teddy declared harshly as he looked straight at the Jungle Aces with great disdain; " Hey Jungle Baseless..Who's going to start the race?!" As Teddy looks cross; Will Thursday stands up and goes down to the field. He pulls a corkgun out of his pocket and stops about ten feet away from the competitors and out of the way of the field.

"Ready......" Will said as he points the cork gun into the air.

"I didn't think that he would bring that to school.." S.D. points out.

"Well; if you say that out loud;" Spot responds covering S.D.'s mouth as he was behind S.D. sitting in the bleachers; "..a teacher might actually hear you..."

"Set..." Will shouts out as Will rests his finger on the trigger.

"Whip that bully into cream!" Ernie shouts out as he rubs his hands and appears to have an evil look on his face. As if nothing would make him feel better than seeing Teddy gone from his bullying ways.

"Ernie?!" Zal asks looking concerned; " Are you having violent tendenices?!"

"Be quiet Zal.." Lars hisses at Zal ; "..I'm trying to listen..."

"GO!" Will screams as he presses the trigger on his corkgun. The cork pops into the air as a long bang is sounded. The cork is attached to a string that was clearly too long and the cork wraps towards Will and bonks him directly on top of his forehead; " OUCH!!" he screamed out as he is whincing in pain. Kit and Teddy ignore him as they jump right out of the starting blocks with greatneck speed not found in most runner of this day. Teddy and Kit run down the track very fast as Lars times them with his watch.

"Warned him not to use that pop-gun..." Lars said off hand as everyone was cheering for Kit shouting 'Aces' all the way. Not only because Kit was their friend; but Teddy was a bully who has had his way with others less tough than he is. However; despite Teddy's larger body, he was actually able to get a half-second head start on Kit and was leading by that half second by the fifty metre mark. Ernie wasn't liking this at all.

"Come on Kit...Beat this jerk!.." Ernie protested as he starts to chant; "..Kit...Kit...Kit...Kit...Kit.." Then in a heartbeat; the entire Jungle Aces organization was chanting 'Kit' in unison. Kit starts to hear and he wasn't going to let his friends down as he really puts on the jets. He was gaining on Teddy very quickly (as Teddy's large frame was becoming a problem for him now) and was neck and neck at the ninty metre mark. The cheers got louder and louder; so loud that Teddy's conceration was gone and he slowed down just enough for Kit to jet past Teddy. Kit crosses the finish line before Teddy does by two tenths of a second. It was very close; but Kit pulled through in the end and everyone cheers in unison as the bully is put in his place; " He did it!! Hooray!!" Ernie screamed as he jumps out of the stand with the rest of the Jungle Aces behind him. Kit was breathing heavily along with Teddy as Teddy looked upset that he was defeated by a kid smaller than he was. If only Teddy knew that having body weight makes you go faster; he would have better prepared himself. Ernie grabs Kit in a side headlock and begins tickling Kit under his neck which causes him to giggle loudly.

"Hey Ernie?!" Kit giggled helplessly as Spot, Lars and Lion grab onto Kit as well and knock Kit down to the ground; " What are you doing?!" he laughed out loud as they were tickling under Kit's arms and were tickling his feet as well. Kit was laughing so hard that he couldn't speak and Teddy was completely annoyed at this. Not only because it was too cute for him to stand; but Kit's laughing was bothering him.

"Oh what a pussy-whipped wuss!!" Teddy shouted loudly as he walked away from the track & field area and went back towards the front of the school ;" I cannot stand him; I'm going back to class.."

"What..are...you?!" Kit laughed out loud for a few moments as everyone finally decided to stop tickling him. Ernie releases Kit from the headlock as he was giggling and had a smile a mile wide.

"Hey you made a deal that if we got out of TerraStone we would tickle you..." Ernie points out.

"Then why now?!" Kit asked as he gets on his seat and is breathing very heavily.

"I dunno...thought impulse maybe.." Ernie responded shrugging his shoulders as the bell finally rang for the next class period to be underway. Kit manages to get to his feet with some diffculty; "..Time to go in for afternoon classes and.." Ernie then cringes at the thought since it was; "..Biology class."

"What's wrong with dissecting insects?!" Kit asked; " It's much better than handling fresh fish." Kit then responded with a disgusted look on his face as he stuck out his tongue; " YUCK!"

"It's not the insects that bother me.." Ernie responds back as the Jungle Aces and Kit walk towards the front of the building; ".. It's the Formeldehide. It stinks!!" Ernie returns the same disgusted thought as Kit did as they made it to the front of the building where the students enter and exit the school building. Principal Ed Pomeroy was waiting for the students as they entered the school. He was a stern bear with no agenda other than to make sure that his students succeed in school as well as life. However; as he was supervising the round up of students to return to class, a police car stops at the front gate about thirty feet away from the school building and right in front of the gate. The doors opens and out came Nicalo and Derek Thursday. Ed notices them right away and he goes to them. He's been wondering why Oscar Vandersnoot hasn't shown up yet in spite of what happened last night.

"Oh! Mr. Thursday?! I wonder why he's here..That looks like Nicalo.." Ed greets them as he shoos the children who stalled for a moment; "..All right children; get back inside!" he commanded as the children all went inside. Various children furries wearing various plain colored shirts and pants walked into the building. There were about 250 children present in this school; 123 male, 127 female. Ernie notices Ed talking to Nicalo and that gets him suspious indeed.

"Oscar's butler is here." Ernie said; " I guess it's just an excuse for Oscar not to be here.."

"I don't know.." Kit responded strongly; "..I heard someone committed arson at Oscar's home..."

~

That Morning...

Kit remembered this morning for the reason that it wasn't as routine as it used to be. Rebecca Cunningham was inside the office of Higher For Hire reading the newspaper at her desk as she was preparing for the day. The first page that she was reading said it all as it was plastered on the headlines: 'Arson Attack On Tycoon's Home' from the Cape Suzette Gazette. Kit Cloudkicker runs down the stairs with a blue backpack on his back.

"Good morning Miss Cunningham...Baloo's still asleep.. I got to get to..."

"Kit?! Before you go; do you remember yesterday when someone tried to kill your new friend Oscar Vandersnoot?!" Rebecca explained as Kit stops in stunned disbelief; " Well someone nearly burned his home down to the ground." Kit turns around and looks really angry. How dare they attack Oscar Vandersnoot's home?!

"What?!" Kit asked looking very angry; " Are adults that envious of them?!"

"Greed can be cruel even if they earned their keep!" Rebecca responded shaking her head and sounding as sharp as Kit was. This was going way too far; " I hope those criminals see justice yesterday!"

~

Kit was thinking about it all morning long. The dreams of being a pilot were blunted by the fact that a defenseless boy was subjected to this kind of terror. Maybe Gloria's actions were reeking of arrogence; but this was too much. Kit could only say as his face looked like it was hurting; "I wish I could help Oscar.."

"Oscar's mother would never allow you to even have the time of day.." Ernie points out.

"Yeah Kit.." Will responds as the all of the Jungle Aces except Will and Kit; "..To her you're too dirty."

"Well; I heard about this and I've been thinking about the same thing you are Kit..." Will said shaking his head remembering how his father was talking to him about it this morning. Ed was still talking to Derek and Nicalo.

"I see..." Ed said pondering; "...I'm usually againest having a student involved in manners such as this. However; since he needs a friend then I don't see why not.."

"Thank you.." Derek responded nodding his head; "..So is it all right if he leaves school early?!"

"Certainly.." Ed responds; "..The last thing we need is terror in our school. I'll go tell him.."

"Thank you sir.." Nicalo said unemotionally; "..You will not regret it..."

"I better not.." Ed responds in a stern voice as he turns around and sees that he doesn't have to go far to find the person he was looking for as Kit and Will were standing in front of him; "..Oh?!"

"Hi Dad!" Will said waving at his father as his father looks sharp. Will was still carrying his cork gun clearly in the sight of the principal and Will doesn't even realize it.

"Kit?!" Ed said in a stern voice that makes Kit jump; " Mr. Thursday; head of the detective unit at Cape Suzette Police would like to see you.." Ed goes to Will and grabs onto Will's arm; "..Will?! In my office?! It looks like I'm going to have that talk about bringing that pop-gun to school...This way please.."

"Yes sir.." Will responds looking very shameful as he realized that he was caught red-handed with a popgun which was illegal to bring in a school Kit goes to Derek and Nicalo as Will and Ed enter inside the school.

"I keep telling him that pop-guns are no longer allowed on school property." Derek said sharply; " Someone brought a real gun to this school by mistake and someone nearly got shot dead three years ago. It looked like a pop-gun. Anyway; I'd like you to come with me."

"Am I in trouble?" Kit asked looking very concerned. Did Derek find out something about him that warrants him to be arrested? Derek of course wasn't thinking that but understood that Kit was always supious about adult's intentions.

"No son...But Oscar's in trouble.." Derek responded as Kit looks surprised; "..and he needs help...and you're the only one I can think of to give it to him." Kit nods his head with approvement as he, Derek and Nicalo walk towards the police car. Kit wasn't going to look the other way anymore after this crime committed by the Air Pirates. Derek was giving him a chance to prove that he was willing to help a helpless child like Oscar. However; Kit did express some worry. Will Gloria really accept him now....?

***

The police car rides down the same street that Ted Vandersnoot was riding down last night. Nicalo was driving the police car as Derek and Kit were in the back seat. Derek Thursday explained what exactly happened last night inside the Vandersnoot home last night and while Kit was a little upset; he wasn't shocked. He heard about the whole thing this morning from Rebecca Cunningham and wondered why Oscar didn't show up at school this morning. Apparently Oscar was scared to death due to the fact that some kids had sympathy for his own demise due to his social status which he didn't ask for in the first place. The depression was causing tension all around as rich folks were being frowned upon and at times proscribed by others because many people were very poor and were struggling just to survive. Kit was one of the poor at the time; but he chose that path to get away from the master who wanted to beat him so badly just for merely breathing wrong.

"Yes Mr. Thursday;" Kit said nodding his head; " I've heard about the arson attack last night..."

"That was not arson son.." Derek corrected him; "..Mad Dog and Dumptruck tried to kidnap Oscar."

"Not them again!!" Kit protested bitterly as he couldn't believe this. Don Karnage sent his goons to kidnap an innocent kid just for the family's money. Don had stooped to a new low even for him;" If Don wants to deal with a kid then he should deal with me!!"

"Sir.." Nicalo chimed in looking very worried that a grade school kid would be very willing to step in to protect someone; even if Oscar was a complete stranger; "..I think that it's instant death to pick a fight with an Air Pirate..."

"Kit knows the Air Pirates very well." Derek corrects him; " I know it sounds crazy; but it's true."

"If Don Karnage thinks that he's going to walk his way into an innocent boy's life than he is asking for it.." Kit responded clenching his fist and looking very angry. He had enough of Don Karnage ruining lives and using children to get what he wants. Kit should know; Don tried to use him as a pawn to extend his reign of terror and it took a year for Kit to get the picture and dump Don Karnage.

"Kit; I'm not asking you to fight Don Karnage." Derek responded to calm him down. No matter how determined Kit was with Don Karnage; Derek didn't want Kit to fight a guy that was capable of killing him without a single thought. He already tried to throw Kit to his death off the Iron Vulture while Kit had a broken airfoil once; " I'll explain it when we get there.."

"Mrs. Vandersnoot is very grateful for you to protect our son from Corndalis." Nicalo said.

"Please understand Mr...." Kit responded; trying not to be mean or insensetive.

"Mr. Ninkelo sir..." Nicalo responded.

"Please understand Mr. Ninkelo; I'm only doing this for Oscar." Kit said strongly and kindly; " He's lonely and I would like to be friends with him." Kit wasn't interested in trying to defend the parent's action. Kit wanted to know about Oscar Vandersnoot more and he wanted to befriend him. Oscar seemed to be very lonely and he wanted to help him; but couldn't express himself because he looked like the bully with his toughness. Behind that rough outer skin lies a big heart that is very shy and he could relate to Oscar as he appeared very shy too.

"I understand sir.." Nicalo responded without a grumble; "..and here we are..." Kit looked out of the window and gasped in horror as he sees the partially destroyed manison as the police car goes into the driveway. It was like it was burned acutely and suffered massive smoke and water damage. Kit opened his mouth wide and was in disbelief.

"OH MY GOD....!" Kit shouted loudly as the car stopped in front of the garage. It was a horrible sight and it only made Kit more determined to protect Oscar Vandersnoot from the Air Pirates now....

***

Kit and Derek decided to meet Serventis, Gloria, Ted, Dalmin, Blazer and Nicalo outside of the garage. Dalmin and Blazer were talking about the damage of the house and it wasn't good. The house would have to be replaced and that would take months even with the best builders money could buy.

"I've checked the whole area and this is the only safe place right now." Dalmin explained.

"If you need us;" Blazer added; "... don't be afraid to call Mr. Thursday."

"All right.." Derek nodded as Blazer and Dalmin leave the property. Gloria looked at Kit and Kit decided to greet them. Kit took off his cap off. He wasn't about to be mean in front of them.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Vandersnoot." Kit stated nicely.

"Normally; I would demand extraordinary manners from clients. However; I realize the importance of this matter.." Ted said ; "..I want to thank you for stopping Corndalis from killing my son and wife."

"Umm.." Kit responded looking stunned; "..Your welcome Mr. Vandersnoot."

"I understand that you used to be an Air Pirate..." Gloria started and Kit gasped as his cover was officially blown. How did Gloria know that he was part of Don Karnage's group of terror: The Air Pirates.

"Wha?!" Kit could only say with a clutch of panic. He didn't know how they would react and was a little scared. They might try to put him in jail for all he knows. He was still even to this day was having some trouble trusting adults. However; it was decreasing...

"That's the same response we gave when Mr. Thursday explained to us about you." Ted explained strongly; " Still; considering that you did the right thing and committed acts of courage for the city of Cape Suzette; I need your help."

"You want me to protect your son from the Air Pirates?" Kit responded strongly.

"Yes Kit.." Gloria said with a tear in her eye. That abrasiveness was gone and was replaced with an emotion that was considered by her as a sign of weakness; ".. My son is in danger. Two pirates tried to kidnap him last night and..." As she talked; Kit glanced over to the manison and it shocked him for a moment and then his shock turns into outrage. He couldn't stand around and allow Don Karnage to win this time. He couldn't allow the Air Pirates to ruin people's lives anymore. He couldn't allow a place they called home (weither they were rich or not) burn to the ground due to someone's sick desire to terrorize them and take their money or their livelyhood. Kit then looked at Gloria and she was in tears. There was no option in his mind. He needed to see only one person...

"Where's Oscar?" Kit asked strongly; " I want to see him.."

"He's playing near the fountain." Ted stated.

"Don't misunderstand me Mr. and Mrs. Vandersnoot." Kit said with compassion; " I'm doing this for Oscar. He really is lonely." Kit then turns around with his cap still in his hand, and he walks away from the adults. He walks quickly towards the fountain on the western side of the property as Ted & Gloria looked stunned. Serventis and Nicalo couldn't understand this boy's motives either.

"What did he mean by that?!" Serventis demanded.

"Even the richest man in the world _needs_ a wealth of friends." Derek beamed as he saw the real motive of this boy. He was turely a boy who wanted to open up to people but was never given a chance to because of the world that they lived in: A world of evil and darkness. Kit was not only brave; but he was kind as he Kit walked towards the fountain and saw Oscar Vandersnoot (the boy that he wanted to help) tossing small coins into the water. He looked very lonely. Kit was standing behind him and he smiled.

"Hello Oscar..." Kit said cheerfully. As Kit said that; Oscar's loneliness changes to a weak smile as he turns around and he doesn't seem dissappointed anymore as he saw the one kid that he was happy to see. Kit Cloudkicker; the boy who saved him from people who had sympathy for Don Karnage.

"Hello Kit.." Oscar said with a slight hesitation as he wasn't used to greeting other kids who weren't like him as Oscar sits on the edge of the fountain which was large enough for them to sit without falling into the fountain. Kit sits right next to him; "..What are you doing here?"

"I would like to be your friend." Kit proclaims cheerfully and that causes Oscar's eyes to open wide.

"Really?!" Oscar said but he wasn't quite sure since her mother originally didn't like Kit because he was considered dirty in her mind; " But I don't think my mom would approve."

"Don't worry..She actually thinks that it is all right.." Kit responded cheerfully and truthfully; "..Now let's get you away from this place and have some fun."

"Okay Kit..." Oscar responded smiling wide. He was liking Kit now as anything to get away from being overprotected by his overbearing mother.

"Say.." Kit said getting an interesting idea. He had a club that he and Ernie was creating called The Jungle Aces and he always wanted to add new members and he saw something in Oscar; "..How would you like to be a member of a club that I'm in?"

"Really?!" Oscar beamed looking very curious; " I'm..."

"Yeah.." Kit said as his train of thought was broken by the sound of a limo. Kit and Oscar stand up as a limo rides into the driveway and stops in front of them; "..Who's that?!"

"Oh; that's my sister coming.." Oscar responded.

"Sale?!" Kit could only say as the back door opens and out comes an almond girl bear about nineteen years ago with red hair braided with a white ribbon. She was wearing a white sailor uniform, a blue skirt, white socks and brown shoes. It was the official dress code for Wesdon University where Sale Vandersnoot was studying and staying because of the threat that her family was suffering. She apparently was the smart one and knew that this stance of not having police protection was a complete joke. Kit stared as Sale and he was absolutely charmed because Sale was hot and sexy.

"Hello little brother.." Sale greets her brother and then looks at Kit who is absolutely stunned. She wasn't impressed and looked cross; "..What's wrong with you?! It's like you never saw a woman before.." Kit still remained mesmorized as Ted and Gloria walk towards the fountain and Sale notices them looking sharp at them; "..Well mother and father; I'm glad that you finally come to your senses."

"I see that your smart mouth is still firing today..." Ted snapped back with a tone that snapped Kit out of his charmed state and he shakes his head to recover. Sale realized the tone and looks at Kit with a bit more remorse.

"Sorry Mr...." Sale responded.

"Kit Cloudkicker.." Kit greets her as he puts his baseball on his head backwards as he always does; "..You must be Sale Vandersnoot...Nice to meet you.."

"Say.." Sale said in a slightly sultry voice; "..Would you like a ride in my limo honeysuckle?!"

"Sure Sale.." Kit responded blushing and streching his collar of his sweater; "..That wouldn't be a problem..."

"Come on Oscar.." Sale ordered sharply; "..and make sure your bodyguard gets _deloved_ and focused.." Sale hops back into the limo; "..Nicalo?!"

"Yes madam...!" Nicalo responded saluting her as Nicalo walks to the front of the limo and opens the door. Nicalo hops into the driver's seat and closes the door.

"Please forgive my daughter's acid tongue.." Gloria said feeling a bit ashamed for her daughter's actions; "..She can be very ungrateful towards guests even some that we normally don't accept."

"It's okay.." Kit giggled softly; "..I've seen worse. Come on Oscar; let's accept her offer and ask her to take us to the club.."

"Okay..." Oscar said nodding with approval as he looked shy. Kit and Oscar hop into the backseat of the limo and the doors close behind them. The limo backs out of the driveway and leaves the property as Gloria looks on looking worried as sin.

"I wonder if this was the right thing...?" Gloria asked her husband Ted as they embrace for the first time in a long while.

"We don't have a choice anymore.." Ted could only say consoling his wife; "..That boy is the only one who knows the Air Pirates best."

"Good luck.." Derek beamed as he took a glance at the couple; "..Kit Cloudkicker..." Kit had a tough job to do and he had to do it right. There were people who hated rich folks and he couldn't let Oscar get upset as a result because of them. It was not going to be easy and there were evil people who wanted his hide....

***

...And there were two such Air Pirates who wanted Oscar kidnapped so Don Karnage could steal their money. However; Mad Dog and Dumptruck were inside a forest as they left empty-handed from the fire. They couldn't go back to the manison because of all the police around and they couldn't go back to Don Karnage because he was capable of killing them if they fail in miserable fashion. Mad Dog and Dumptruck were scared to death as Dumptruck was carrying the radio and Mad Dog was whining and moaning as usual.

"If the Captain finds out that we screwed up kidnapping a small little rich brat;" Mad Dog whined in fear; "... he's going to hang us by our necks.."

"Don't za mean by zur pinckies?!" Dumptruck asked to correct him.

"You know what I mean bonebrain!!" Mad Dog protested bitterly as they made it to the end of the forest and next to a muddy road. Mad Dog stops in front of it; but Dumptruck steps one step too far and Mad Dog steps on Dumptruck's foot when he steps back. Dumptruck whinces in pain which causes him to drop the radio on Mad Dog's foot which causes Mad Dog to hop in pain holding his foot; " OUCH!! Why you bonefarting brain..I'll.." Just before Mad Dog could have a chance to beat on Dumptruck; the radio turns on and a familiar voice beckons.

"Allo, allo, allo.." Don Karnage crackles with glee; "..This is Don Karnage speaking to you with my beautiful voice... So did my brainless piles of chaos capture the richest brat in all of Cape Suzette's glory?!" There was a long pause as the Air Pirates didn't respond. They didn't want Karnage to know that they failed to kidnap Oscar Vandersnoot miserably; " I do not hear a yes?!

"Well you see Captain.." Mad Dog gulped in fear; "..We...we..."

"Speak quickly.." Don Karnage spoke sharply; "..You don't want your el Captain to be cross now; do you?!

"No...no...no...Captain." Mad Dog responded with a clutch of panic; " We would never dream of making you cross."

"Zeah; we would zever say zhat the zid has zotten aways.." Dumptruck said and then realized that he just told Don Karnage that they failed badly and he is forced to hold his mouth; "..Zoops!!

"What was that you said my two little pieces of bullcarp you know?!" Don Karnage asked sounding angry in his voice. As Mad Dog is about to speak in fear; the limo carrying Oscar Vandersnoot whizzes on by. Mud flies from the tires of the limo and the mud flies right onto Mad Dog and Dumptruck which covers them completely.

"What the...?!" Mad Dog protested as he looks to his left and sees Oscar Vandersnoot in the back window;" It's....I'll call you back collect...I'll remember the doughnuts and teas...Mad Dog out!" Mad Dog finished up as Dumptruck turns off the radio before Don Karnage can be really angry at them. Mad Dog then screams; " FOLLOW THAT LIMBO!!"

" Zight behind zou Mad Dog!" Dumptruck said as Mad Dog and Dumptruck run stage right away from the limo. Why are they doing that? The limo is going towards the left. No one could ever understand them as the limo continues to drive away with good speed as inside the back seat of the limo; Oscar Vandersnoot was sitting on the right side with his older sister Sale in the middle sit while Kit was sitting on the left side of the limo and was looking out of the window. Sale looks pretty happy was Sale looks shy as usual. Kit didn't seem interested.

"I always love to go for a lukewarm ride through the muddy back roads of Cape Suzette." Sale declares cheerfully; " Don't you think so Kit?! Umm...Kit?!" Sale pokes on the back of Kit's sweater and Kit turns around wearing dark shades and acting all cool.

"Yeah.." Kit said acting cool and smooth; "..It's a cool ride indeed." Sale's expression turned to to being cross at Kit once again She wasn't buying it as Kit was lovesick at Sale's attractiveness and Kit was trying everything to stop it.

"Stop the funny stuff Kit! I'm not buying it!" Sale responded sharply as she takes the dark shades off of Kit as Kit was looking directly at Sale and was charmed again as he was stunned; " What's wrong with you?!"

"Sister.." Oscar chimes in; "..I think he's in love..."

"This is _none_ of your business." Sale snapped back.

"Oscar's right.." Kit said blushing hard; "..You look like a hot one."

"That's what _all_ the college males say about me. But you're way too young to date me.." Sale admitted feeling a little ashamed of yourself so she puts the dark shades back over Kit's eyes; "..Here... You can put these shades back one...So you're friends with Oscar I see.." she said as she changed the subject.

"Yeah; I am." Kit responded with a sheepish grin.

"You've got some guts Kit since my brother tends to whine and wet the bed." Sale responded sharply.

"Sale?!" Oscar cried out and looking teary-eyed. Sale had a tendency to be a bit heartless and snobbish since that was live to her and it was taught by her own mother.

"Hey! Don't be mean to your own brother." Kit protested; " Just because it might be true doesn't give you the right."

"Golly Kit!" Sale snapped back looking cross that Kit would be interested in personal business; " Now you're butting into my business."

"I'm sorry;" Kit responded shaking his head and looking at Sale sharply; " but Oscar's already been put through enough garbage with the pirates trying to kidnap him and the PAM furries trying to kill him. At least at college there is security there to protect you...and..."

"Mr. Nicalo?!" Sale orders her chaffeur; ignoring Kit's pleads for being nice to your own brother; " Are we one block from the Jungle Aces Secret Midnight Club?!"

"We are three blocks away from the location as stated by Mr. Cloudkicker." Nicalo stated.

"Good.." Sale responded sharply; "..I want you to park 100 feet from the place..."

"Of course madam..." Nicalo answered without any question.

"Why that far?!" Kit asked looking confused.

"You'll understand the moment we get there.." Sale explained as she looks in the back window and apparently; she sees something that she doesn't like; "..Nicalo?! Please take a slight detour to the right...Two dirty slobs are stalking us." Kit looks outside on his side and sees Mad Dog and Dumptruck riding bicycles about thirty feet behind them. The radio was tied to Dumptruck's bicycle as Kit is pretty mad now. Those pirates never give up in their quest to kidnap Oscar Vandersnoot.

"It's those Air Pirates again!" Kit said in disgust as Dumptruck and Mad Dog are pedaling about thirty feet behind the limo and they were gaining on them. Mad Dog and Dumptruck looked happy as they were closing in on Oscar Vandersnoot and taking him back to the Iron Vulture.

"Ze zot him zow!" Dumptruck said as Mad Dog looks at the back window and sees Kit Cloudkicker who was wearing dark shades and that causes Mad Dog to be confused.

"Hey; who's that other boy?!" Mad Dog asked as the distraction was enough for the limo to make a right turn onto the next street which is paved. Mad Dog turns his bicycle to the right right in front of Dumptruck and he turns his bicycle to the left which causes the bicycles to collide with each other and head straight into an oak tree. Dumptruck and Mad Dog fly off of their bicycles (along with the radio and crash into the tree together. Mad Dog and Dumptruck are hanging from the branches along with the radio. Mad Dog was now steamed as they have failed to capture Oscar Vandersnoot...Again!

"Now look what you done;" Mad Dog protested bitterly at Dumptruck; "... we have lost them!"

"Zhat I zone?!" Dumptruck barked back at Mad Dog; " Zou were zistracted Mad Dog!"

"Was that Kit...?!" Mad Dog asked as he looked at the street where the limo turned into. Before Mad Dog could ponder, the branch breaks and both Mad Dog and Dumptruck fall to the ground with a resounding thud; " OUCH!! Can this day get any worse?!" Mad Dog said and that was a mistake because the radio tumbles out of the tree and it lands on Mad Dog's head which knocks him completely out.

"It just zid Mad Dog...!" Dumptruck responded as he get hit by the stray branch that was holding the radio hard and that knocks out Dumptruck as it also slapped Dumptruck in the jaw. It was that bad for the Air Pirates as they now had to become lucky before they find Oscar Vandersnoot again...and hope that no one finds out that the Air Pirates were in Cape Suzette now....

***

The rest of the trip was boring as the limo finally stops about one block from the junkyard where the Jungle Aces Secret Midnight club was. The back doors open and out hops Oscar Vandersnoot.

"Here we are.." Sale said as she looked at her brother; "..Ummm..Oscar?! I need to speak with Kit in private please?!"

"Okay.." Oscar responded with a shy look on his face as Sale closes the door; "..I wonder why?!"

"What do you want to talk to me about?" Kit asked as Sale looked at his sharply.

"Kit.." Sale explained looking very concerned; "..I don't want Oscar's feelings to be hurt. As much as I want to see Oscar having friends; your friends aren't going to accept him...I've had trouble fitting in school when I was young. The only way I could have friends was to befriend other rich girls. We formed a clique called the Rich Daughters of Usland.. Oscar is very lonely at school and many kids pick on him including Ernie Mandate and Teddy Scarcutta." Kit's heart almost sank as he was friends with Ernie Mandate and discovered that Ernie had a mean streak againest rich kids. This was in Kit's mind just as unjustifable for poor people to thumb their noses at the kids of the rich folks just because the rich folks don't give a darn to others who don't have the money or the resources they have.

"Ernie's a close friend.." Kit tried to explain truthfully; "..of mine..and..."

"Then Oscar's better off not being a Jungle Ace Member.." Sale responded looking quite sad; "..The last thing I would want to see is you losing your friends just because one of your new friends just happens to be from this family..."

"I'll take my chances.." Kit responded strongly. He wasn't going to give up on Oscar Vandersnoot. He was his bodyguard and he needed to be accepted by the world before Oscar becomes depressed forever and loses his relationship with his own family who was too busy to help him; "..I'm a leader of the Jungle Aces. I'll take care of it."

"Kit?!" Sale proclaimed as she looks straight into Kit's eyes and then smiled wide; " You are one gutesy kid.. .I like that. Good luck and here's my good luck charm just for you..." Sale then kisses Kit right on the nose and Kit's nose twitches in a funny manner which causes Sale to giggle in response; "You're funny Kit."

"I guess I am." Kit chuckled back with a sheepish grin; " Thank you Sale for your concern...I hope to show Oscar the way..." Oscar had waited patiently and didn't butt into their business like a good little boy either. Sale opens the back door and let's Kit Cloudkicker out.

"Do your best Kit.." Sale states as Kit hops out of the limo and Sale closes the door behind him; "..Let's go Nicalo..." Oscar and Kit look at the limo as Nicalo drives the limo back to the Vandersnoot's residence. Oscar was a bit puzzled at Kit; as to why Sale was so interested in talking to him.

"What did my sister say to you?" Oscar asked wondering.

"Nothing special.." Kit stated as he and Oscar walk towards the wooden fenced off junkyard; "..She wished you luck in being a Jungle Ace Member."

"Really?!" Oscar responded looking wide-eyed; " Usually my daughter wouldn't say that..."

"I see.." Kit said nodding his head as he and Oscar enter the junkyard and walk towards the back of the treehouse where the Jungle Aces Sercet Midnight club was. No one was outside the clubhouse and it was almost meeting time so Kit figured that they were inside waiting for him. " ..So do you still want to be a member of the Jungle Aces Secret Midnight Club?!"

Oscar paused for a moment as they were at the back door now before he finally sezs; "Sure..."

"Okay...The meeting will be starting in a few moments. I would like to have this as a surprise; could you wait outside please?!" Kit asked as Oscar looked a bit worried; "Don't worry..I'll call you the moment we discuss new members for membership. Okay?!"

Another long pause ensumes before Oscar finally responded with a weak smile; "Okay..."

"Good.." Kit nodded..By the end of the day; you'll be a happy little boy once again.." At least as he thought ~I hope!~ Kit enters the clubhose through the back door as Oscar watched him with interest. Oscar's smile was wiped clean because Kit didn't tell him that inside the clubhouse was Ernie Mandate who was on the soapbox greeting Kit Cloudkicker. Oscar shook violently as Ernie was one of the kids who was bullying him at school.

"[Uh oh! I'm in trouble...Big trouble...!]" Oscar responded under his breath as the Jungle Ace's Serect Meeting was under way. Oscar could only hope for a miracle and it for now it looked like a dim moment for that to happen. Still; he had to trust Kit as he was the only one who was a real friend to Oscar..Regardless of what his _friends_ thought of him....

*** End of Faint Cape Story Number One ***

Editor's Note: If you saw what happened in the Television Episode Captain's Outrageous then you know that Oscar becomes a member of the Secret Midnight Club; after a huge adventure involving a fake plot to take down Don Karnage. This story is an origin story of how Kit and Oscar became friends and Kit's motivation for protecting kids regardless of social status. It also shows the sympathy that some people had at the time for Don Karnage when it came to the rich because of what was happening in the Depression period where many of the elements of the TaleSpin series was used. I should also point out that this story was originally supposed to be part of Terror of TerraStone along with Sword of Miracles (which is an origin story in order to set up Klangs of a Feather); but the scenes were scrapped due to length constraints.