Return to 50 Webs.


AeroStars VI

Chapter I: Flight of Reunion


January 9th, 1938

Democracy...It is a blessing for many; but for some it was a curse. Majority rule was a blessing to some; but a curse to others. Usland was known as a Lyndon-style government with it's own House of Commons, but without a Senate since most Uslanders saw them as unelected and therefore not of the people. Still; that was little assurance in a commons that had about five different parties all buying for the heart and soul of the people of Usland. The Usland House of Commons was a large room about 100 feet X 75 feet X 20 feet in size. The style was very Lyndon in style still (as if they were more interested in running their own destiny rather than being the defenders of freedom and liberty.) with lots of curves, arches and carvings of the Usland coat-of-arms. When MP's enter the chamber; they sit in desks that look similar to sitting in a large college room; only a lot bigger in size and scope. There are four aisles on each side of the house with five rows of desks lined up in straight rows going up about three feet each time. The desks were varnished maple wood finish. The ground floor was covered with red carpet and a large wooden table sat there in the center with a wooden oak holder where a large brass mace containing the Usland coat-of-arms on it's top. Six pages (a white goose, orange tiger, brown cat, yellow canary, brown gator and silver hawk) wearing long black robes and white scarfs sit there protecting the mace as if it were their sworn duty to do so. The back wall in front contained a one foot rise where a maple framed (containing the same Usland coat-of-arms which was a unicorn, boar, mayflower and red rose placed inside a closed U shape) wooden chair about 10 feet X 12 feet X 7 feet in size was bolted down to the raised floor. In front of the chair was a small table on the floor below with three younger pages (about 17 years old) all shorter than the main pages (White duck, black dog and golden bear) also wearing black robes and white scarfs. They took care of the paper to give to the speaker of the house who was sitting in that large wooden maple chair. He was a tall green Seahagin (Seahorse/Fish fusion) wearing a black robe, golden/white scarf and bi-focal glasses. He was 65 years old and very wise beyond his years. He is Gillberd Parevent who is also the MP for West Kanata-Rosemont (Read: It's common practice for the speaker to be an MP; even one that is the opposing member of the government of the day.). He seemed gloomy today for some reason which only he and the MP's knew all too well. There were a grand total of 337 members of Parliament with 168 members sitting on each side of the house. On the left side was the government of the day which was the Liberal party. Well; most of them since only 168 members can sit in one area and the party had 180 elected members so 12 were forced to sit on the opposition right side just to make room. The right side was mostly for the opposition of the day which are the critics of the government for whom the government must answer to. Leading the side is the Reform Party with 101 elected members followed by the Kanata party (a separation group) with 28 members, the Progressive Right Party with 14 and the New Democracy party with 14 members. On the first row on the right side in the middle of it sat a familiar bengel female tiger wearing a red blouse, green shirt, green skirt and black high heels. She looked so different and yet her glasses gave her completely away. She was Oniz Mecha herself. She had gone from former mechanic and now was the leader of the Reform Party. She was really popular with the voters and many feel that if the party can behave itself; it will become the next government with her as prime minister. The clock was at 3:15 pm and there was a lot of work to do. Oniz Mecha had one goal; to make the government answer for their hideous crimes of negliance of the country and it's children.

" Being 3:15 pm local time. It was time for oral questions.” Gillberd proclaims as he stands up and he doesn't feel very happy today as he points to Oniz Mecha; “ I shall give the floor to the Leader of Opposition." Gillberd and the young pages quickly sit down.

" Thank you Mr. Speaker...”Oniz said strongly and with considerable emotion as she stands up and looks straight at the speaker; “.I guess that our Prime Minister cannot learn to keep memo in plain view away from the press. Particually if they contain note on incidents of child abuse, neglict and homicide in Usland orphanages. On one memo which was dated on December 8th, 1937; the Minister of Child Welfare found that the situation with the orphanages was very grave. There were over two hundred incidents involving _butterbox_ babies according to the leaked memo. My question is to the Minister of Child Welfare. How can she continue to accept the report from the independent conucil on orphanages when there is _clear_ abuse in Usland's orphanages?" Oniz points directly to a tall slender white female swan wearing a black suit, black pants, black shoes and no tie whatsoever sitting down right opposite to her own view on the government side with some disdain. She is the MP for Wesdon-Zack and the Minister of Child Welfare who is responsible for the orphanages in Usland and to many in the house; the one who should answer to what happened in the Wesdon orphanages and many other orphanages who secretly thought it was right to kill weak babies in the name of responsibility and God's will. Her name was Rosa-Tyr Blanchard. Oniz sits down as Gillberd stands up once again. The Reform party bang on the desks and cheer for Oniz to win as if it was a sport. This was exactly what Gillberd was dreading since he was a professional and felt that the house didn't deserve such noise. Plus he felt it was a blow to democratic rule to the rest of the world.

"The honorable Minister of Child Welfare!" Gillberd said biting his lip as he sat down and Rosa-Tyr rose up. She was one who doesn't take crud from anyone; not even Oniz Mecha.

"Mr. Speaker; the leader of the opposition is using scare tactics to push a belief which is pulled from the un-elected press.” Rosa-Tyr said pointing an accusing finger back at Oniz; “ The number of incidents that the _honorable_ member is using is from an ugly source and more importantly; all steps were taken to remove those who committed abuse and all furies who committed murder in those orphanages as well.... and yet she wants more government involvement and regulation. Does the honorable member believe that her dead friend's life is more important than the others who are moral to those kids and cannot afford to act on the demands that she invokes?" The Liberal party responds the same way as the Reformers as Gillberd stands up once again and he looked upset. This was a typical day in the office in recent days and Gillberd feared that it was going to get worse.

"Order please..” Gillberd yelled out which managed to quiet down the loud house down quite a bit; “...Order!! The honorable Leader of the Opposition.." Gillberd sits down as Oniz Mecha stands up once again.

"Thank you Mr. Speaker... That is strong words considering that the press does a better job than the prime minister of Usland..." Oniz Mecha began as some Liberal members shout liar right at Oniz's face. Oniz is forced to sit down as everyone starts yelling and banging the desks again which forces Gillberd to stand up once again.

"Order.....order.....order!!” Gillberd barked out as the loud noise quiets down slowly once again. Gillberd's patience was wearing thin and this was only the second question of the day; “ Now I have warned all honorable members that use of the word _liar_ is considered an immoral phrase and one more use of this word is subject of banishment from the house for the remainder of the work day.... The honorable Leader of the Opposition has the floor..." Gillberd sits down as Oniz Mecha stands up with a purpose.

"Thank you Mr. Speaker... Believe me when I say that the press has more fact than fiction..” Oniz proclaims as she pointed to Rosa-Tyr again; “..Anyway; the only thing that is needed is a screening process in order to make sure that these abuses are prevented from ever happening again. My question is to the Minister of Child Welfare; she used to be the champion of prevention in the creation of crime-coddling laws in her previous work; why is she turning her back on a word she championed so much?" Oniz Mecha sits down quickly as the yelling was in force again; but not as strong as before as Gillberd stands up again.

"Order...order..” Gillberd said acting more calm as he wasn't about to let his temper get in the way of professional government business; “...I'll allow the question; however, the leader of the opposition should know that it is improper to bring in previous portfolios of the minister in charge. The honorable Minister of Child Welfare...." Gillberd sits down as Rosa-Tyr stands up and she looked completely ticked off as if Oniz touched a nerve.

"Mr. Speaker..... for the leader of the opposition to show this grudge against the government is absolutely disgraceful.” Rosa-Tyr protested bitterly and strongly as if she was yelling right in Oniz's face even though she was 12 feet away from her; “ Let me state for the record: [1.] This government has committed over 17 million dollars to fight child poverty in this depression-era. This government has created two new laws to prevent the mass murder of children. This government has place these _mass-murderers_ to their just deaths... and _this_ government has agreed to put orphanages on notice. Abuse is a crime as the opposition has claimed. Oniz Mecha has demanded my resignation for _no_ reason. WHY DON'T YOU RESIGN?! While you're at it; why don't you build a time machine if you plead for your friends back?!" Those comments caused a loud roar as Rosa-Tyr sat down being proud of herself. The Liberal party wasn't impressed as one of the members whispered into her ear telling her that she let Oniz get to her and shouldn't have made those comments. They were that ugly as Gillberd stands up once again and he's angry again.

"Order PLEASE!!...” Gillberd yells out loudly as the house goes back down to a dull roar; “..ORDER!! The honorable Minister of Child Welfare knows better than to use a first name. The Minister's age is irrelevant and she must address other members by her title. The Honorable Leader of the Opposition on a supplemental question..." Gillberd sits down as Oniz was smiling when she stood up. That last question proves that Rosa-Tyr has complete contempt for children plus the house rules itself and she showed it in full.

~ My members will pepper you into submission.~ she thought as she began to speak and decided to direct her question directly to the prime minster of Usland himself; "Mr. Speaker....My question is for the Prime Minister.... Considering that this is an unelected press. It seems that the Prime Minister is using the press in order to make furies forget about the massive problems that the depression has caused. Is _this_ government thinking that the Prime Minister has made a difference in where 17.5% of the population is out of work and 30% live below standards of living in this time period?" Oniz sits down quickly as a tall slender female white horse about 50 years old was sitting right beside her and looked worried as Oniz smile seemed so false. She was actually a little upset that Rosa-Tyr was using her past as an excuse to have that kind of contempt for children who were slaughtered without any reason other than God's will. The white horse was wearing a red blouse, yellow skirt, and red ruby shoes. She was Vick Adnew; a famous book editor for Walker Zabone and was the MP for Wesdon East.

"[Oniz? Are you all right?]" Vick asked under her breath.

"[Of course I am....It's going to take more than a petty insult to rattle _these_ bones!]" Oniz responded harshly as Gillberd stands up once again.

"Order......order...” Gillberd asked; “...The Right Honorable Prime Minister!!" As if it was on cue the entire Liberal party stood up and clapped on cue to continue to show their contempt for the Reform Party as a short male raccoon wearing a blue suit, brown pants and black wing-tipped shoes rises from his seat. He was about 70 years old and was the MP for Kanata-Shawinagate. He was one of the few members in the Liberal party who had lots of experience in various minister jobs actually. He is currently the Prime Minister of Usland and for seven years was Usland's most popular leader. Not anymore as his name was merely Jinet Chetrein.

"Thank you Mr. Speaker...” Jinet addressed the members talking in a lisp; “...Concerning the Leader of the Opposition; the government must not take the leader's words lightly as the issue of child abuse and the importance of child welfare is no laughing matter...."

~Too bad this government is beyond laughable.~ Oniz thought as she looked bitter and her arms were folded like a business lady waiting to fire him but cannot until she wins an actual election which doesn't seem forthcoming.

".....Our government is doing the best it can under the strapped resources that the depression has caused. Laws and regulations are tougher to enforce when resources and furry-power are scare.” Jinet said basically skirting around the problem and not putting any real plans in place. This was typical Liberal party posturing and Oniz knew it from the start; “ I know that the Leader of the Opposition is impatient with the problem...." As Jinet continued to address the house; a large brown beaver walks down the same aisle towards Oniz Mecha wearing blue overalls, white shirt and black boots. He is Wedge Tallis who is Oniz's main page and works to bring information and documents to her when needed. Oniz turns to her right and notices him coming down.

"[Wedge?]” Oniz asked quietly.

"[Miss Mecha? The shipment of documents on our research on farming in Kanata is here along with a new report on aviation.]" Wedge said to her quietly.

"[Thank you Wedge.]" Oniz said with a smile as she stands up and walks with Wedge up the hallway and exits out of the House of Commons chamber before Jinet was even finished. Rosa-Tyr notices her leaving and just smirks.

"[Just like every conservative.....always running away at the sight of battle...What a coward?!]" Rosa-Tyr blows her off completely as she thumbs her nose up as if she was beneath her.

".....however; this government will succeed in protecting the innocent for they are our future.” Jinet finishes up; “ Thank you....." The entire Liberal party like a bunch of puppet all stand up and cheer and clap their favorite man in the entire world it seemed much to the opposition parties' disgust. Gillberd and the Young Pages all stand up and Jinet sits down and the house is loud once again.

"Order....order..” Jinet called out as the house settles down again slowly; “...The Honorable Opposition Whip!" Gillberd sits down as a medium build brown beaver wearing a red suit, black pants and a blue tie stands up before the house and he wasn't happy to hear all of this garbage that the Liberal party was spewing. He is the Reform Party's Opposition Whip and was the MP for White Rock-Lancaster who is known as Monter Salaberg who is a former lawyer who was sick of the genocide of innocent babies in orphanages as Oniz Mecha is. Great minds sometimes think alike after all and sometimes they also think for themselves.

"Mr. Speaker; the Prime Minister still hasn't responded to taxpayers who fund these orphanages. The public feels that they are responsible for this murderous rampage because of these incidents that shouldn't be happening. My question is to the Minister of Finance.” Monter demanded sharply and strongly; “ Is he prepared to stop funding to orphanages who refuse to comply with the reforms currently done by the government as a consqeuence?" Monter sits down as the Reformers bang on their desks a bit before Gillberd stands up and the banging stops before he even has another chance to say order. The Reform party has figured out Gillberd indeed.

"The Honorable Minister of Finance..." Gillberd said as he sits down and a large, short brown cat wearing a black suit, brown pants, red tie and glasses stands up before the house to respond to the question. He is the MP for Zoon-Saint Marie and the Minister of Finance. He is also called Captain Budget himself: Paul Zartan. He was the only minister who had complete experience in his field which is finances. Sadly; he was the only one who seemed to have no contempt for Oniz's questions as he was the one who whispered into Rosa-Tyr's ear that her comments were completely out of line and were only giving Oniz a leg up on their party.

"Thank you Mr. Speaker.” Paul said as he goes into his speech; “ As I stated many times in this house that the honorable member is suggesting something that should be addressed in committee....." This was going to be a long day as Monter listened to Paul and tried to get a professional face; but Paul was only making him more upset by once again skirting the issue. He was like Jinet in so many way...As if Paul was trying to become the successor if and when Jinet retires from politics. Jinet wasn't thinking that; he was thinking of one thing: Trying to run his government in his image before Oniz ruins his image for good.....

***

While Question Period was heating up; it was cooler outside of the building itself. About two hundred meters away there was an Air Strip made of asphalt and painted with yellow lines. A familiar yellow 2-engine plane with an orange nose had landed on the strip and the engines were turned off. The doors open and out jumps Baloo Waladaze and a familiar 14 year old brown bearcub wearing a green sweater and baseball cap on opposite sides. The bearcub was Kit Cloudkicker of course who was the navigator of the SeaDuck and an employee of Higher For Hire run by Miss Rebecca Cunningham: Business Major. This assignment was a big one as well for the company as they were delivering documents to the Reform Party at the Usland House of Commons. The Air Strip was basically a restricted area for only authorized cargo shippers. Behind the landing strip was the beautiful Parlimental Building which was a wooden-church like building with stained glass and wooden cravings of Usland's history. It is 750 meters long, 600 meters wide and 100 meters high on a 36 square kilometer property with forests and park like areas covering about 60% of the area. There were lakes on the northwest and northeast side of the property and various foot paths along the area for tourists to enjoy the nature calling from within. On the landing strip were eight royal officers (A gold bear, brown dog, black cat, white swan, black swan, blue jay, pink pig and a white squid) all with tall, strong builds wearing red coats with silver badges, black pants and brown cowboy hats. Standing in front of them was a tall, strong build silver hawk wearing the same clothes, except that he was also wearing brown boots and carrying a rifle. He was known as the Officer of The Airfield of the Usland House of Commons: Brigadeer Jaro Isbella who was basically the guard for the airplane authority in Wesdon. He took pride in his work as that was asked for the job. Baloo was frustrated and looked pretty flustered. That was strange because Baloo was actually a half hour early in this case.

"Poppa Bear?! You should be happy..” Kit said looking concerned that Baloo was flustered.; “..this top secret assignment is a step up from the original deliveries that we do.."

"I hate being here...." Baloo proclaimed bitterly as he was grumbling about being here. Kit didn't know that Baloo didn't like this place because of a secret that he was keeping from him. A secret which involved betrayal of his own family..

"The Usland House of Commons is an artwork of beauty..." Kit proclaims cheerfully as he stares at the building. He was right of course; it looked like a work of art.

"HALT!!” Jaro proclaims holding out his hand which stops the converstation. He then goes over to Kit and actually kneels down at him looking quite nice; “ You know good taste kid!"

"Well; I'm just calling it for what it is." Kit responded with a sheepish grin which causes Baloo to look like he was beginning to whine.

"Oh come on son..” Baloo whined bitterly; “..This place stinks worser than my socks!"

"What did you say?” Jaro asked looking sharp at Baloo as he stands up ; “ First of all you don't wear sock bozo!"

"Yeah..” Kit asked looking confused; “..Why Poppa Bear?!"

"I gotta a question for you...” Baloo snapped back pointing the finger at Jaro; “..Has the Usland government done anything good for you?!"

"POPPA BEAR!!" Kit snapped back loudly as that question was completely out of line. If there was one thing Kit hated was that Baloo would make a scene in front of paying customers. He knew that Rebecca's wrath wasn't too far away when Baloo gets out of line.

"I've got a _good_ job for starters..” Jaro responded taking the question rather well; “...Boy; son this bear is completely ignorant of the role of democratic rule..."

"Democratic rule?! That's a laugh.” Baloo snapped back ;” My parents died because of my family was forced into war."

"If the government didn't then there wouldn't be peace.” Jaro responded calmly; “ You shouldn't be talking about death in front of the kid."

"Wait a minute!” Kit chimed in looking annoyed. He didn't like being talked down like that; even if he was right about Baloo; “ I've seen death....so talking about it isn't that far of a walk...." Kit then realized that he was talking about his past to someone that he didn't need to talk to and just bit his lip in frustration on himself.

"I see..” Jaro responded looking concerned as Oniz Mecha enters from the southern door which leads into the House of Commons; “..Besides; I see that you're here for some other reason that has nothing to do with mouthing off...."

"That's right..” Oniz proclaimed loudly; “..This _pilot's_ delivering documents for me!"

"Oniz Mecha?!" Baloo said looking surprised as he knew that voice like no other. Oniz and Baloo run to each other as Kit's eyes open wide to see them.

"Did ya miss me my sweet?" Oniz asked as Kit was a little offended by the passes that Baloo and Oniz were giving to each other.

"Oh brother!" Kit said shaking his head. Even Jaro was joining in as both Oniz and Balooo laughed and embraced each other. It was a long time since they first met in Farm Town.

"That's just blushy!" Oniz said as the punchline was still in Oniz's favor. In other words that Bum-Bum-Ching sound could be heard and the joke was still terrible as usual. Oniz's career may have taken a new direction; but her jokes have not. Kit covers his eyes and giggled softly.

"All right! Cut it out!” Kit said laughing; “ That is so dirty...."

"It's been quite a while since I last saw you in Farm Town." Oniz proclaimed as she separates from Baloo.

"These your friends...?" Jaro asked wondering.

"Of course..” Oniz said with a sharp look at Baloo; “... Still hate my cause huh Baloo?!" Apparently she had heard of Baloo's disdain for the government a long time ago.

"Still trying something fruitless huh?!" Baloo snapped back feeling hurt about Oniz asking that question.

"Look I know that you hate governments Baloo; due to what happened to your father and mother.” Oniz said; “ However; having a personal grudge against a bunch of Liberals is redundant. Not to mention that hating the concept of government; the _elected members_ is asking for the destruction of freedom."

"Freedom's already dead!" Baloo snaps back bitterly as Kit was confused. Freedom looked alive and well for him right now. Ironically; it was Baloo who protected him from the forces of the oppressed so he found it a little odd that Oniz would be talking as if she was praising the Liberals. What was completely untrue. She hates them; however, she had to choose this path. To her; it was the only path to prove that democracy works. Even if Baloo believes nothing of the sort.

"Believe what you like since you have no right to complain since you don't vote..” Oniz said; “..but please don't influence the boy."

"Becky's already doing that!" Baloo whines bitterly which causes Oniz's eyebrows to rise up. She heard of Miss Cunningham before it seemed.

"Rebecca?!” Oniz asked which Kit looked surprised; “ Miss Rebecca Pauldine...."

"She's my boss and it's Miss Cunningham now." Baloo grumbled.

"Now that's progress. To get into public office is one thing..” Oniz declared cheerfully; “..but into the unelected, rough-n-tumble world of cargo shipping as an employer is nothing to sneeze at."

"True..” Baloo grumbled; “..and she's doing all right."

"Excellent considering that the only reason she's your boss is because you failed to heed thy phrase: No dough; Plane go!" Kit said sarcastically as Oniz and Kit bursts into laughter; and it was at Baloo's expense of course.

"Thanks a lot!" Baloo said crossing his arms like Rebecca Cunningham was and looking miserable while doing it.

"Okay Baloo; let's get this whole thing over with.” Oniz said sarcastically; “ Your feelings are taking a big hit."

"No kidding!" Baloo snapped back as Baloo goes around the back as Kit tries to hold back his giggles with his mouth and having limited success.

"I'd better help him get the cargo...." Kit said as he tried to walk towards the SeaDuck; but Oniz runs over and blocks his way.

"Wait! Not a good idea.” Oniz said holding out her hand to stop him; “ The guards will think that I'm using child labor and they'll use it against me."

"But work's....." Kit tried to say; but Oniz quickly starts to speak again.

"Have you ever been inside the Commons building before?" Oniz asked cheerfully.

"Not that I know of..." Kit responded looking confused.

"Perfect!” Oniz said cheerfully; “ Then this is a good situation to see how government works; up close and personal. How about that?!"

"If you say so...." Kit responded shrugging his shoulders. He loved to work; but Oniz knew that the Liberals have been on the ropes in the past couple of years and they would use anything and she meant anything to defame her image as the good guy in this one. However; she was already having problems with her image as Vick Adnew entered from the southern entrance and walked with a purpose towards Oniz Mecha. Oniz noticed her and she didn't look too happy about something.

"Oniz? One of our members has been banished.” Vick said looking unhappy; “ He wasn't given a chance to withdraw his statement."

"Gillberd knows better than that!” Oniz protested bitterly as she cursed the Liberals for once again acting like paranoid jerks; “ Blasted Liberals!!"

"Huh?" Kit asked looking confused. This was the first time he was actually near politics and quite frankly; his class had yet to teach him about democracy in general so it was understandable as to why he was confused.

"In the House of Commons you are not allowed to openly call someone a liar.” Vicks explains to him; “ Even if he/she is one."

"Even school teachers in my school call certain students liars...” Kit said wondering why government was so overprotective of it's own system when this bad behavior is used in public eduction which they funded; “..Hmmmmmm.."

"Who's this little boy?" Vick asked nicely.

"Boy?!” Kit protested taken aback by the charge that he was a mere child. He was a child until 18 years old in the eyes of the government; but there was a lot the government doesn't know about him as a whole; “ I'm fourteen years old now. I'm not a little kid... Very big kid maybe...."

"Sure you are..” Vicks said laughing it off; “..name please?" Kit decides to act nice since there were ladies present and he takes his baseball cap off to address them.

"Kit....Kit Cloudkicker madam." Kit declared with bravado. Kit always liked the way he announced his first name and his full name. It had a nice ring and he loved the sound of it.

"What a last name you have..” Vicks responded giggling softly; “...You're not of native descent are you?" Oniz was not happy with that response since Vicks had been known by government officials of being a bit of a bigot when it comes to Native Rights in Kanata.

"VICKS!!” Oniz snaps at her which confused Kit a little. Kit didn't see the question as being out of line; “ You know better!"

"Sorry Oniz..” Vicks said looking shameful. She knew better than to make fun of Kit's name even if Kit didn't seem to mind or care. He just looked confused that two adults were fighting over something like his own name; “..and to you to..."

"Well; that was different.” Kit giggled as Oniz, Vicks and he turned around and walked towards the back of the building; “ Most people think I kick clowns so they call me Clownkicker."

"This is such a disappointment." Vicks said shaking her head.

"I was hoping you could kick that _clown_ Jinet and his government!" Oniz said sarcastically as they arrive at the southern entrance of the building. The back double doors were made of solid oak with cravings of the unicorn and lions and various trees and shrubs used on the Usland's coat-of-arms. The door was attached to a large beam in the middle made of bronze-plated steel. Vicks pushes on the beam and the double door opens from both sides as the metal beam rises up like a barrier rising for a parkling lot house. Kit still looks quite confused at the violent behavior Vicks and Oniz want Kit to do to Jinet.

"Now why would I want to kick an adult?” Kit asked; “ Particually _this_ Jinet?"

"Oooooo..” Oniz said in a seductive tone as she enters into the building; “..wouldn't you like to know?"

"Like to come in young man?!" Vicks asked with a sweet tone.

"Of course I'd like to know?!" Kit said looking serious as he enters the building behind Oniz Mecha.

"No you really don't...." Vicks responds back shaking her head cheerfully as he still thinks that they are serious. Vicks enters the building just as Baloo emerges from the back of the SeaDuck with two 50-pound boxes of documents and it was quite heavy. He looks around and notices that Kit was gone along with Oniz Mecha. That really frustrated the bear since Kit usually helps him. He wondered if he said anything to offend the boy about his opinion about government. Or worse; did Oniz sweet talk him into not working....

"Kit?!..” Baloo yelled out as Jaro walks towards him; “..Oh just when things couldn't get any worse..Where is he?"

"Ummmm....sir?" Jaro asked nicely.

"Just call me Baloo..." Baloo countered bitterly as he was struggling with the 100 pounds worth of cargo.

"Don't feel Balue pal..” Jaro said sarcastically; “...The boy isn't allowed to help you here."

"What do you mean?” Baloo protested bitterly; “ I'm helpless without him!" Baloo was about half right on that. He was usually helpless without Kit; but only because responsibility was hardly his strongest suit. In fact; it was his biggest weak point. Rebecca knew that all too well when she hired him.

"Sorry Baloo..” Jaro said shaking his head; “..but the government doesn't allow kids to work on their property....Child Welfare's taken a hit since the butterbox babies incident seven years ago and the government thinks child labor is a poor role model."

"Typical government..” Baloo grumbled bitterly as he struggles to keep his composure. The government in his mind was trying to screw with him again; like they did with his dead parents; “....nothing's changed...."

"Don't worry Baloo.” Jaro said strongly; “ My royal officers will take care of all the documents."

"Thank you.” Baloo said sounding a little harsh; “ There are ten additional boxes inside marked _Reform_ inside my plane."

"All right officers..” Jaro said turning around and giving his Royal Officers the commands; “..let's get busy!!" As if it was on cue; the Royal Officers salute Jaro and then they walk towards the back of the plane quickly. Baloo was impressed by this show of teamwork.

"Now that's government at work!!" Baloo declared strongly. Jaro hoped that this would change Baloo's mind. The problem was; there was a lot of problems that the government in Baloo's mind had yet to answer for....

***

While the work was going smoothly outside; the tone of the Usland House of Commons was as loud as ever as Gillberd was losing control of Question Period with MP's arguing with each other. If radio and television got into these hallowed hallway; the people who voted for them would be upset over the childish noise being produced in this sacred place. Gillberd seemed to be the only one maintaining his professional attitude; but he was showing signs of losing patience. Gillberd stood up along with his pages in an attempt to continue Question Period which was running longer than it should be.

"Order.....order....order!! Please MP's of the common good..” Gillberd pleaded as the noise began to slowly subside; “..Order! The honorable member for Saint Peterdora." Gillberd sits down along with the pages as a tall, slender, male silver wolf fury wearing a white suit with white pants, black shoes and a red bowtie stood up before the commons to address them with his papers in his hands. He was Keta Tomplon who was the leader of the New Democracy Party and MP for Saint Peterdora. The New Democracy Party is one who believe in government regulation and addresses concerns that both Liberals and Reformers usually refuse to speak of. In the past when they were formed and entered politics ten years ago they were pro-environment and pro-worker based. However; in recent years; it seems they are talking about social justice as well since Child Welfare seems to be the only issue that the government is interested in sniping about.

"Mr. Speaker...” Ketas proclaims strongly; “..This government has stated that their policy on relations between Animea and Usland would be a respectful process with furry rights being respected. However; the president of Animea; Kain Nasti stated in a speech that the Hawkeye religion is a tribute to the devil and he would force the government to make the Hawkeye religion gain the status of a terrorist group. My question is for the Minister of International Affairs. Why hasn't he responded to this outrage?" Members of the New Democracy Party clap their hands in unison as Gillberd stands up and Ketas sits back down.

"The honorable Minister of Foregin Affairs..." Gillberd said calmly and sits back down again quickly as a short,. Female, white mallard stands up who is wearing a blue blouse with a yellow flower sticking out of it and is wearing glasses. She is Voalz Corntais who is the Minister of International Affairs and the MP for Kanata-Nova. She deals with public figures outside of Usland basically on trade deals and other issues of grave importance to the world.

"Mr. Speaker..” Voalz states reading a statement from her papers in her hands; “.. the honorable member is referring to the diplomat representing Italia has confirmed what the government can describe as a horrible speech. We will be working hard to bring a resolution to this and remind Animea's government that the Hawkeye religion is a harmless religion. Thank you....." The Liberal claps their hands in unison which annoys the New Democracy party a lot. They didn't want a statement; they wanted Usland to bring sanction against Animea instead of reminding them that the Hawkeye religion is harmless. This was a real problem now that Kain Nasti who was the president of Animea now is blaming his financial and country's issues on a religion and believing in conspiracy theories that the religion is trying to destroy the country from the inside. Kain was theocratic and Animea was considered a dictatorship after being voted in democratically by Animea in the second election after seven years of democratic rule which forced Animea into despression some ten years before the rest of the world suffered from it. Gillberd stands up once again.

"The honorable member for Saint Peterdora." Gillberd said calmly as he sits down once again and Ketas rises up once again to ask the second question and this time he was much harsher in his tone of voice.

"Mr. Speaker..” Ketas protested bitterly; “...the minister's concerned statement has not been equal to his actions......" The Question Period was getting more and more heated as there was loud shouting from Liberal party right at the New Democracy Party that even the Reform Party members were actually defending the New Democracy party despite their protests for more government involvement. It was proving to be another harsh day for Gillberd to gain any civility into this debate of question and answers....

***

It was actually calmer just outside of the actual Usland House of Commons as Kit Cloudkicker, Wedge Tallis, Vicks Adnew and Oniz Mecha were meeting inside the hallway outside along with numerous members of the media (of various spieces wearing professional clothing and wearing gold press badges as if the MP's were beneath them.) just waiting to get their hands on the unsuspecting MP. This area was known as the SCRUM Hall where members of the press meet with the members of parliament. And they perform a scrum as they say with MP's answering questions to the press. The area was a circular room with a dome-like ceiling made of green marble. The floors were made of polished maple wood with cloth crimson red with yellow trim lace carpets. In the center was a twisting staircase made of varnished oak wood with railings made of an old English style which was twisted around with gold caps attached to the ends. The staircase goes up around three floors. The second floor is where the guests of the government meet and sit in the upper regions of the house during Question Period. The third floor is where the offices of some of the MP's are including the leader of the opposition herself Oniz Mecha. The 60 foot radius area which was about 40 feet in height also had two hallways closed off by wooden doors. One leads towards the speaker's office and the other lead to the Usland House of Commons library. Kit and Oniz were talking to Wedge and Vicks near the staircase as two press member furies were talking to each other about 15 feet away from them. The first one was a medium build female brown beaver from Nova Kanata who was wearing a blue blouse, blue skirt, blue silk stockings and white high heels. She was barely 23 years old and this was her first job as a reporter which is a SCRUM reporters known as Sizard Tyon. Sizard works for the Cape Suzette Record which is considered a leftist newspaper according to some in the know. The second fury was an old brown Caribou about 55 years old wearing a black suit with black pants, white shirt, red tie and black wing-tipped shoes. He is known as Ashron Croftizan; a Wesdon SCRUM reporter who writes articles and opinions for the Wesdon Free Press newspaper which is a right wing newspaper. Even though they couldn't agree on the issues; they were oddly more calm than the one inside the house. Monter Salaberg opens the door from the Speaker's Office hallway and walks towards Oniz and Kit He didn't look too pleased; but he looked mighty calm as well. Probably due to the number of press people in the area; he wanted to keep a low profile.

"Wedge?!” Oniz asked feeling a sigh of relief; “ Thank goodness you are here."

"Yeah?" Wedge asked noticing that Oniz was seeing a 14 year old child. He couldn't help but smile at that.

"There's a grey bear outside bringing in boxes of documents.” Oniz asked nicely; “ Could you please help him find our office?"

"Of course..” Wedge proclaims cheerfully as he walks towards the southern exit of the house which leads to the air strip where the SeaDuck and Baloo was; “...I see that you are getting in touch with kids again."

"Thank you for noticing.” Oniz said back as she takes a quick glance and notices Monter coming towards her; “ Hello; Monte! Aren't you supposed to be sitting in the House right now?"

"I was the one who was banished!" Monter protested bitterly as he was explaining what happened to Oniz. Ashron and Sizard actually overheard everything Monter was saying to Oniz due to him being loud enough to hear. They went on with their conversation as now the issue was on the Reform party members being banished from the house for the remainder of the business day.

"Listen to that..” Ashron responds sternly; “..that is the fifth Reformer kicked out in the last four days. The speaker is either strict or the Reform party is not good enough to be a government."

"I think it's the later.” Sizard responds rubbing her nose a bit; “ The federal government has been pretty calm in this storm."

"I personally think that it's the former.” Asheron responds; “ Gillberd has stated in the past that he was going to enforce the rules and apparently; he's not bluffing."

"Well the public has shown disdain for the Reformers even though they are split with the Liberals." Sizard responds. It was true also. Despite Oniz's popularity as a future prime minister; the Reformers were basically 50/50 with the Liberals due to bad attitudes by some of it's members. Some which are pretty intolerant towards others.

"Agreed..” Ashron said “..however; it is sad that the Reformers cannot do anything against the Liberals because they cannot calm themselves in the face of conflict."

"Still..” Sizard responds as Kit was glancing at them now noticing that the conversation was focused on them now; “..this doesn't bold well for children everywhere."

"Considering how children are treated in Animea; the Usland children are lucky...." Ashron said off-hand which caused Kit's face to turn sharp.

"What if that was your child?!” Kit responded with a cold icy tone in his voice; “ Would ya hum the same tune?!" Ashron and Sizard take a quick glance over and noticed that Kit heard almost everything that they said. Ashron was blushing; but Sizard was angry and ready to pick a fight.

"Mind your own business kid..” Sizard snaps back violently; “.. you don't know anything about orphanages. Where's your degree?"

"Ummm.....Sizard?” Ashron responds still blushing. Sizard was prone to outbursts since she still hasn't learned the fine art of debate with a calm mind; “ There is no point in picking on the kid." Now even Oniz was blushing that someone was picking on a child. In large part; a child who had a mind of his own.

"Excuse me Kit? Leave the press alone please..” Oniz said looking a tad peeved as she stands beside him. Kit thought that Oniz was taking her side; but Oniz had other ideas; “..Sizard? Kit has a point..." Sizard was shocked and was starting to become appalled by this lack of respect to her as a press member.

"How can you support a child who badmouths adults?” Sizard snapped back violently as Kit took a step back. This lady was not very nice at all; “ Didn't anyone tell _him_ never to defy an adult's authority?"

"Sizard?! This is wrong..." Ashron said trying to end this because this was pretty much a disgraceful act on her part. Kit asked a valid question and Sizard yelled and screamed before he could give a professional answer.

"What? You are siding with the kid?!" Sizard responds loudly which causes Ashron to jump slighlty.

"Of course not!" Asheron snaps back. Oniz could only shake her head and she looked steamed. She had to deal with the press everyday for years ago and Sizard was acting even more violently than anyone inside the Usland House of Commons.

"Asheron saying that you are not allowed to talk to children.” Oniz responds looking steamed; “ It's the law under Section 27 (c) of the Press Rights and Responsibilities Act. It's punishable with a fine of $500 maximum per offense."

"You don't know anything about laws; you don't even have a good lawyer serving on your staff.” Sizard protested yelling right into Oniz's face; “ The laws states that children aren't allowed to be _interviewed_; conversations are not illegal! That was to stop the police from arresting furies who have families and children which worked for the press."

"In other words....a loophole!!" Kit responds sarcastically at that. Vick was giggling at that because it was so true. She considered the exceptions to be a huge loophole.

"Very smart kid...You're catching on!" Vick responded back with the same sarcastic tone although even she was thinking the same lines ~Although his mouth is way too smart for adults.~ she thought with a weak smile.

"Wow...! Baloo's partner is interesting...." Oniz responds looking a bit shocked. Baloo has never talked about his new partner before and this one was like an adult. Sadly; Oniz never really knew the real Kit Cloudkicker other than what she read in the papers about him which wasn't very much.

"Loophole or not...it's a good one.” Sizard snapped back; “ However; you wouldn't understand that since you are no expert on free speech nor a press member."

"Excuse me..” Monter chimes in as he wanted this pointless yelling to end; “ ..but I used to be a lawyer. For ten year in fact; part of Salaberg Family Law. The law states that a conversation in considered an _interview_ under Section 27 (d) of the Press Rights and Responsibilities Act under Definitions . Section 27 (j); Sub-Section (i) lists those exceptions as you mentioned before. There is _no_ loophole Kit."

"I told you so...." Asheron said calmly which only made Sizard madder.

"Shut your mouth Asheron!!" Sizard snaps back loudly at Asheron was not happy to hear that at all. He gritted his teeth which was a sign that he was offended. He only wanted to answer Kit's question (no matter how bad it was) and Sizard made a complete production out of it.

"Can't you think of something else?!” Oniz responded as she looked at Monter; “ Monter? What happened to you? Why did you get banished?"

"I called Rosa-Tyr a liar.” Monter admitted bitterly; “ I tired to withdraw the comment; but Gillberd banished me without a chance."

"Now that's news!" Asheron proclaims as he goes over to Monter.

"Oh dear; here come the jackals now!" Vicks proclaims sarcastically as that got Sizard's danduff up at well.

"Now the Reformers calls us _jackals_!" Sizard protested bitterly.

"Oniz? I'll handle the press...” Monter said pointing upstairs; “.. They'll get their story."

"Are you sure? I mean..” Oniz asked looking concerned; “..you seem very frustrated right now..."

"I'm fine...” Monter said clearing his throat; “...You and the kid shouldn't be exposed to this."

"I agree Oniz..." Vick chimed in as Oniz could only sigh. Kit basically stirred the pot on this one although it probably wouldn't have made any difference since Monter would have told Oniz in plain view of the press anyway.

"Problems..” Oniz sighed; “...they are part of life..."

"Despite all the attempts to remove them." Vick said as Oniz, Vicks and Kit walk upstairs on the spiral staircase towards the third floor.

"You don't know the half of it..." Kit chimed in and Monter walks towards Sizard and Asheron.

"That child's got an attitude." Monter could only say as Kit, Oniz and Vicks were out of sight.

"Forget the kid...” Sizard proclaims sternly as she and Asheron stick microphones right in front of Monter's face. This was a common theme everyday in the commons; “...we have some questions for you...."

"Mr. Salaberg? You have stated that Gillberd banished you from the house despite your attempt to withdraw the statement.” Asheron asked in a professional tone; “ Do you believe that this is vain attempt by the government to hide the truth or is there more to this?"

"Here's what I can put on the record...." Monter started to speak as he explained his position in the whole mess. As the press was talking to Monter and getting their story; the southern doors open and Baloo, Jaro and Wedge enter each carrying at least one fifty pound box containing documents towards the center of the SCRUM room. Jaro was pretty strong so he had no problems carrying his boxes. Wedge was a weakling in comparison and he was struggling with his box. Baloo was struggling as well; but he had to carry two boxes despite the fact that was having trouble carrying just one. Baloo was fat and pretty much out of shape at this point.

"See? This is no problem at all." Jaro said cheerfully.

"Yeah; no problem!" Wedge responded gasping for breath.

"Okay....chief?!” Baloo asked breathing heavily; “ Where do we go from here?!"

"Upstairs." Wedge said as he takes a quick glance up the spiral staircase.

"_This is_ why I hate coming here." Baloo grumbled bitterly as he looked up. It was only forty feet; but it felt like ten miles according to Baloo.

"Do you _ever_ _do_ anything other than complain?" Jaro asked sternly at Baloo.

"I fly a plane for starters..” Baloo responded bitterly; “..I deliver cargo for a female...."

"Boy you are unlucky?!" Jaro said sarcastically as Baloo walks upstairs first.

"Nope....just a man with a free mind." Baloo proclaims breathing deeply as Wedge follows him close behind.

"And no restraint!" Wedge said giggling loudly as Jaro follows last up.

"Very funny expert..." Baloo responds bitterly as he couldn't do much else but walk up. Being a servant to Rebecca was one thing; but being one to two public figures was too much to bear for the fat bear.

"No kidding..” Jaro said laughing back “....Reformers are like that." Jaro was a loyal Liberal and anything to rub it in their faces while sounding professional was okay with them. At least their scrum wasn't as bad as what was going on in Question Period.....

***

Question Period was not going smoothly for Gillberd at all this time around. Everyone was on edge as there was loud talking abound. Gillberd stands up again along with the young pages and he looked quite annoyed at the nearly full House of Commons which seemed to act like children lately.

"Members of the house have been quite aggressive lately..” Gillberd said with an annoyed tone in his voice which at least tried to sound as professional as humanly possible as the house went silent instantly. Gillberd was the rules enforcer and he's already thrown out one Reform party already; “..I suggest that the tone of this sacred place be stopped before this noise destroys our thought process.....The honorable member for Falmouth-South." As he finished speaking; Gillberd and the young pages sat down as a tall female black jaguar fury stood up from her seat before the Commons. She was wearing a brown blouse, white shirt, silk red stocking and blue high heels with pearl earrings. She was Jane Willnought who was an MP for the Liberal party. It is common practices for even the Liberal party to ask questions to their own ministers in order to please the voters who voted for them in the first place.

"Thank you Mr. Speaker.... While the debate has been heated on the issue of Child Welfare..” Jane said reading a prepared statement as there were quiet shouts of _It certainly is_ ringing out which the MP gleefully ignored; “...there is a bigger issue that is begin ignored and that is injuries. More than 3,500 furies are injured every month in all of Usland from these predictable and preventable injuries and it has cost the government over three and a half billion dollars. However; without proper programs in place these injuries cannot be stopped or at least slowed down. My question is for the Minister of Health; what is his department doing to address this inexcusable problem?" Jane sits down as the Liberals clap for their MP and Gillberd stands up.

"The honorable Minister of Health..." Gillberd proclaims as he sits down while a tall, fat, brown monkey wearing a red suit, blue tie, red pants and a white shirt rises up from his seat. The Minster of Health's name was known as Gary Watchsafe who was the MP for Kanata-Savah.

"Thank you Mr. Speaker and I would like to thank the member for his question.” Gary said as he nods towards Jane for asking that question to him in support; “ As stated by the honorable member; this is an inexcusable problem. The health care system spends seven billion dollars a year on something that is preventable. Injuries are predictable and preventable; they are _NOT_ accidents since _accidents_ are considered by the almighty as an event of fate that cannot be controlled. Researchers have proven that injuries are equal to a disease and scientific processes. In order to counter this overwhelming problems; we will be teaming up with the grassroots organizations such as Safe Cities, a group which has been in existence for the last four years. The government will be forming a committee in the next three months for a review on laws and products. I believe that when the public and private sector come together; anything is possible. Thank you...." Gary stays standing for a moment as the entire Liberal side stands up and claps in unison. It was such an important message that nearly 95% of the House of Commons does the same thing in unison. For all the bickering that goes on in this house of commons; they all agreed that money would be better spent on prevention of something as simple as injuries. Well; almost everyone as a female short, white cat with brown splashes wearing a black blouse wasn't impressed by hearing that the government was getting involved in a matter that should be solved by the private sector itself. She was the Reform Health Critic and MP for Icicle Town called Utona Nelson who was a right-winger in the sense that government should stay out of the business of the private sector 100%. She believed in limiting government to international affairs and projects that the government usually does in the past like justice and postmaster issues. She believes education should be dealt with by the territories owned by Usland; not the Usland government.

"[Oniz's not going to like this....]" Utona said under her breath as the clapping and back patting continued on for several moments before the house settled down once again for the next question which would not be one that will please so many MP's in the house....

***

Oniz wasn't thinking about safety or freedom at this point. She was thinking about showing Kit the life of a politician. Oniz, Vicks and Kit were walking down a hallway on the third floor inside the Usland House of Commons. The hallways were varnished with maple wood; but since they were anicent the smell was not present. The hallway streches the length of the entire commons and was 20 feet wide and 15 feet high. The ceiling was shaped like a U. The walls had golden trim on the top of the ceiling about six inches wide and two inches deep. Doors made of lightly varnished oak with golden handles dotted every ten feet on each side. The floors are made of polished wood. It was pretty quiet for the most part as only the noise inside the house was heard and there was only one other furry in sight. He was a large tall, male white swan wearing a red suit, red pants, red boots and a red tie. He looked like a bouncer rather than a MP due to the scar below his right eye. He was middle aged and crazy Troy Yensha who lives in Wesdon and was a former bouncers in some of Wesdon's seedy bars and drinking holes. He was not very smart as he was guarding a door that was clearly locked and Kit noticed that as they walked towards him.

"How come there's a guard there?" Kit asked pointing a finger at Troy wondering why she had a bouncer and no other room had one either.

"The government _gave_ it to me.” Oniz said feeling a little bit bitter. Troy was there to guard her life; but Oniz saw him as a man who wanted to mock her into submission so that the opposition party was in disarray. It hasn't worked at all it seems as Oniz was still here and fighting; “ They put in a law which is suppose to protect my office from vandals....They say that the Usland Mail Office got some death threats about the time that I was elected into opposition leader."

"I know..” Vicks said feeling terrible; “..It's laughable that they claim that they don't want to be liable for her death..."

"Stop making such wild rumors!” Troy protested; “ The Leader of the Opposition gets a guard according to Section III, Subsection VIII of the House rules."

"However; the other three parties in the House don't have the same treatment..." Oniz reminds Troy. As far as she was concerned; the rules were so awfully written that the Liberals were able to skirt over it to provide only protection to the leaders who had the most members and not account for the parties who needed it more. It was like treating them as second class members of the house. Troy simply didn't care anyway since he was merely doing his job and smarts isn't his strong point.

"Because they are not opposition members." Troy said calmly enough; but the tone of voice sounded like he was mocking them.

"That's not true sir.” Vick responds; “ If you are not part of the majority government of the day; then you are an opposition member."

"I cannot help it...” Troy responded sounding as if he was mocking Oniz; “.. The laws state that the opposition leader gets a guard escort. The rules didn't expect four opposition parties to be part of the House..."

"Cynicism is alive and well..." Vicks responded bitterly. It was so ironic for her statement to sound so cynicial and bitter to boot which amuses Troy to no end as he was giggling.

"Rules are rules....I guess.” Kit chimed in shurgging his shoulders; “ However; they are are made to be changed...."

"HA!! Good luck trying...” Troy responds mocking Oniz Mecha to no end as he moves away from the door to allow Oniz to go to the door. Oniz goes to the door; takes out a silver key and places it in the keyhole on the middle left side of the door. Oniz turns the key towards the right and the door clicks to indicate that it is unlocked. Troy was guarding a locked door and Kit wasn't impressed and wasn't afraid to speak his mind either; “... It ain't gonna happen. Only the government of the day can change the rules and the government of the day is pretty happy."

"Wait a minute?!” Kit asked pointing at the unlocked door; “ If the door was originally locked to begin with; then why should a guard....ahem....guard the room.” Kit proclaimed sarcastically as Oniz and Vicks gasped in horror. Troy's face was turning beet red after that insult; “ Escorting the leader is one thing...."

"Are you insulting my intellegence?!” Troy protested bitterly; “ You saucy little...."

"Come on kid..” Oniz said as she opens the office door quickly since Troy was steaming mad right now after that petty insult; “..You've warmed out your welcome...."

"What's going on over there?" Kit asked hearing the noise of the MP's who were inside the house making fools of themselves right where he could hear them. It was pretty disgraceful actually.

"Government at work son..." Oniz responded shrugging her shoulders as Troy was really mad now.

"I'd better get going;” Vicks proclaimed as she was looking at her watch. It seems her welcome had been worn out as well; “ I have a Finance Committee meeting in five minutes. I'll see you soon." Vicks turns around and walks back up the hallway the same way they came in.

"Okay..” Oniz said waving goodbye to her before unfestering a mean look right at Troy's kisser; “..and Tory. The fact that you guard a locked door should be what insults your intellegence....not what the boy says. If only you would understand why we are trying to form the next government. It _needs_ reform." She had a pretty good point too. Troy's job was pretty much pointless; but rules are rules as they say even if those rules never really make sense.

"Why don't you reform yourself.... and leave the government alone?" Troy asked bitterly as Kit walks into Oniz's office quickly. Oniz looks at him strongly and looked like she was copping an attitude.

"Well; that's just too bad isn't it....My approval rating is 80% plus ;so there are many people out there who agree with me! Now if you'll excuse me...." Oniz snapped back sarcastically as she enters into her own office and slams the door shut right in his face before Troy could mouth off on her directly. That move really made him upset beyond belief that he needed to go on a rant to calm himself from destroying something he shouldn't at this point.

"One day; you'll look into a mirror and realize just how destructive your ideal world is. It will create cynicism within the country and the alliance.” Troy snapped back bitterly as Oniz really got him upset; “ Every thing that we hold dear in the eyes of God will be questioned to the point of crumbling. Even marriage; the most unique form of God's gift would be changed forever... Everything will be changed for worse...all because furies think it is someone else's fault when disaster happens....I fear for the future." Troy's reasoning was full of flaws since it wasn't the children's fault that the people who put their trust in those who would protect these children failed to do so and showed contempt for them as if they were merely animals waiting to be slaughtered at the whim of those who think it's God's will. However; the cynicism from Troy wasn't completely out of line since if one area of morality is questioned; everything you believe in will be questioned. It's a scary prospect indeed; but one that might be needed to preserve justice.

Troy guards his spot in spite of his criticism towards Oniz as Oniz and Kit are now inside the office of the leader of the Reform party Oniz Mecha. The room was huge; almost 1600 square feet in space and 20 feet high. It had a coned ceiling that was half glass on top with oak cover on the another half which had a mural painting of the White Phoenix and various furies coming together like it was in the bible itself. The walls are spray painted with multiple colors: blue, yellow, green, red, black and white with a quarter of the wall which was a window with double-glazed glass and honey varnished trim on the windows, floor and wood trims. The floors were made of dark varnished oak and it looked uneven to maintain that historic look. The room itself wasn't rectangluar in shape as each edge was made into a separate wall. Two-thirds of the office are four 1 foot shelves of books; some of them were one hundred times thicker than Kit's own airfoil. The shelf to Kit's left was an object shelf in which Oniz kept various parts of her past: Wrenches, mechanic tools, a couple of compasses, an actual airplane engine which was rusted out now and various other memories including photographs of familiar faces such as Gregory AeroStar and his wife and his children. To Kit's right there was a large seven foot filing cabinet made of maple wood with 35 shelves. There was a similar filing cabinet in the opposite wall. In front of Kit's sight was Oniz Mecha's desk which was clean and almost empty. There were a few pens lying on her desk along with a picture frame containing a photograph of a strangely familiar yet still handsome bearcub who looked no more than three years old and was wearing a white shirt and green overalls. There was a gold piece of metal on the bottom of the picture frame which had black letters printed on it saying the following: Christopher AeroStar b 1925 d 1932 . Peace Will Come When Justice Is Served and Realism Revives Morality. In front of her desk were three chairs made of fine oak wood with a dark walnut varnish. On the back wall; there was a painting showing Oniz Mecha, Vicks Adnew, Monter Salaberg and Utona Nelson standing with Oniz in the dead center. They were wearing silk black robe with white trim as if they were lawyers. Oniz was wearing a red robe with gold trim which made her look like a judge. It was so symbolic of the cause that Oniz Mecha had taken. Oniz was walking towards her desk and Kit was following her until he glanced at the large bookshelves about halfway to the desk and he decides to take a side route and look at the books on the bookshelves. Looking at them was overwhelming to the young boy; but he was used to being overwhelmed before.

"Wow...I've never seen so many books...and they are thick.” Kit proclaimed in awe as he looked around the bookshelf. Kit could only barely reach the third shelf by himself since he was barely four and a half feet tall. He manages to grab a ten pound book which had a gold-plated cover and printed in black letter was the title Mel Cuplea. Kit looked confused as he struggled to get the book off; but he lands on his butt as he is looking at it; “ Mel Cuplea?! What is this book about? And why is it a million pages long?" Kit asked as Oniz notices him and walks towards him smiling.

"You'll have to read it for yourself and besides it's not a good idea to read this because it is over two thousand pages long. I'd better help you put that book back onto the shelf..It's heavy..." Oniz said smiling as she goes to Kit and she grabs him by the hips and they place the book back in it's proper place on the shelf. However; as they did; Kit's airfoil slipped out of his sweater and it fell with a klang sound on the floor. Oniz hears the sound and she gently puts Kit down onto his feet next to it as she notices the crossiant shaped board on the ground. Kit notices it, grabs it quickly, folds it back into it's original shap and puts it back underneath his sweater. As she saw Kit putting it back; she looked stunned. As if she had seen this before... ~This design?! The metal?! I've seen this whole thing before. But I thought Gregory was d...~ she thought as her face looked like it was made of stone. It was the first time she had seen the airfoil from anyone in years and the first time that it wasn't in Gregory AeroStar's cold dead hands.

"Miss Mecha?! Are you okay?" Kit asked looking worried as Oniz's face showed a sign of shock and disbelief.

"Yes I am...Forget about it..” Oniz responded shaking her head trying to get Kit to ignore the fact that she saw an airfoil for the first time since Gregory AeroStar was still alive; “...I thought that Gregory..."

"Gregory?!" Kit asked looking confused as Oniz was caught and now she had to explain.

"He was a friend of mine before he died..." Oniz responded with a gulp.

"Who was he?" Kit asked as Oniz realized that she was hiding the truth from him. That airfoil was exactly the same as the one Gregory AeroStar used many time before to cloudsurf. ~Oh great! I'm lying to this child and he knows it. That thing is the same as Gregory AeroStar's own airfoil that he flew with. ~ she thought bitterly as she gritted her teeth a bit.

"Would you consider sitting down at my desk and I'll talk about it?" Oniz asked nicely

"All right..." Kit said as he selected the middle chair and sat down on it with a litte bit of effort. Oniz walks to her desk and sits down on her chair. She takes a deep breath as well to get herself ready.

"Where do I begin?" Oniz asked herself as she fiddled through her stuff a little bit.

"Why not start at the beginning?" Kit asked with a smile.

"If I did that it would go on for thirty hours straight!" Oniz responded giggling softly.

"That's fine by me..." Kit said with a smile and a shrug of the shoulders which makes Oniz burst into laughter.

"Oh dear..” Oniz responded giggling; “..You are so cruel to Baloo aren't ya?"

"Baloo rarely listens to me.” Kit said looking sharp and looking a bit flustered. Even today; Baloo can sometimes drive Kit up a wall; “ He sometimes gets upset over it.."

"I'm not surprised..” Oniz responds; “...He's an adult and you're a child. Although you are a wise child talking to a moronic adult. Title trumps wisdom I guess."

"Miss Cunningham is always steamed at him..” Kit said looking a bit frustrated; “..and he never votes. Not that I could anyway."

"Unbelievable!” Oniz snapped back sounding like a mother talking down to her child; except the child is not in the room to hear; “ It's people like Baloo who undermine democratic rule. He said that voting causes problems. He complains at the government who was voted by the public when he didn't vote himself. That's not fair to those who voted..even if the government is scum."

"I'm sorry..” Kit responded looking confused at the issue; “...I'm not experienced in politics."

"You are fourteen years old right?” Oniz asked looking deeply concerned as Kit nodded his head back. Oniz shook her head in response and sounded very strong with her comments; “ So the schools won't be teaching the political process until you are sixteen...and we're fighting hard just to keep the subject in high school. However; I'm putting a big burden you don't need right now so I'm going to talk about Gregory."

"This'll be fun." Kit said rubbing his hands and spitting into them like he was ready to go to work. Oniz frowned on it since it was just like something Baloo would do when he's forced to do some real dirty work.

"Baloo mannerisms influence...” Oniz responded with a frown. Oniz decided to continue speaking and just allow Kit to hear the story of a famous aviator who managed to do so many things for so many people; “..Anyway; Gregory was an excellent pilot and was very stubborn. I know that now. He lived in Wesdson and ran a company known at the AeroAvis; a shipping cargo company which was disbanded in 1928."

"Sounds like a good furry to me." Kit responded shrugging his shoulders.

"He was Kit...he was..” Oniz said nodding her head with approval; “...He actually brought fourteen countries together in an alliance during the Great War and that act would effectively end the war much sooner than anyone actually expected. I was his mechanic at the time."

"Simple upbringing from a politician..." Kit chimed in cheerfully.

"Actually; I was a technologist and an inventor to boot.” Oniz said correcting him; “ I worked with Windsolaz on a solar car before I was hired by Gregory's father Maxim in 1912. Windsolaz was an environmental paradise until it was destroyed by the Nega Aces and it caused Miniversal Corperation to become the most hated company in the world."

"I've seen them before.” Kit responded sharply; “ They used a spy to capture Professor Buzz's Cruis'N Art helicopter from Khan Industries."

"Buzz is still working for Khan Industries?" Oniz asked looking very surprised.

"Yeah...why?" Kit asked back.

"Well; I don't like Khan Industries that much anymore since the Lightning Gun incident.” Oniz admitted feeling a little bitter about Buzz still working for Mr. Khan. However; Khan Industries wasn't nearly as bad as Miniversal and Mr. Khan has made strides to be better after the incident occurred; “ However; their practices were tame compared to Miniversal...Anyway; I met Baloo in FarmTown along with Frank WildCat who just happened to live in that area along with Louie Lamount who was doing business there until 1932 when he moved to Louie's Island."

"WildCat?” Kit responded looking surprised that even Frank WildCat was a friend of Oniz's; “ He actually works for Baloo at Higher For Hire.” Kit said under his breath a sentence that only he could hear; “[My only _good_ home.]" Kit admitted as much. Higher For Hire was the first home that he had for more than two years of good times. Despite all the problems; Baloo and Rebecca cared about him and most of all; they trusted him for the most part. That was all he could ever ask of them. He did his part in the deal and then some.

"I recommended him to Baloo in Farm Town.” Oniz proclaimed cheerfully; “ He was a bit off; however, he was a better mechanic than I was. Louie went to that island because his business was put out of business due to his loopiness." However; her cheerful manner wasn't impressing Kit much as Oniz was observing him and his demeanor was showing something painful and he was hurt inside despite his happy outside look. ~This kid is hiding something...it's pain!~ Oniz thought feeling bad about the poor boy who was keeping his smile on.

"Baloo told me that he had treasure hunts with Louie.” Kit proclaimed nodding his head with a smile; “ I'm just Baloo's partner.. nothing else."

"Anyway; Gregory even saved Wesdon from the Air Pirates as well;” Oniz said; “ just like Baloo did with Cape Suzette."

"Yeah; I know...” Kit said with a smile as he asked the next question. That smile look more like a smile for his role in the saving of Cape Suzette than of Baloo's role in the same thing;” ...So what happened to Gregory?" he asked next as Oniz's observation of the smile was pretty clear that Kit wasn't telling her everything about what happened that day ~There's more to his child then he's letting on.~ she thought as Kit hummed a tune waiting for Oniz to answer.

"He...he was..." Oniz started to answer; but stopped in mid-stream. He's only a boy she thought and saying death in front of him would only make him feel frightened. However; Oniz wasn't going to able to finish her answer away.

"...killed. Oniz?” Kit said strongly finishing her statement; “ I've seen death before."

"This is why I'm fighting to form the new government so children never have to know death before they even know how to live. Gregory was killed in 1928 by the Air Pirates; a group which was formed by Saka Antherfox." Oniz continued as Kit's eyes looked sharp and utterly cold as if he was hiding a secret of his own. Oniz looked at those eyes and it told her something that was really frightening. ~That...look? It's telling me that Kit has some knowledge about the Air Pirates... Where does Baloo get his friends from?~ she thought feeling a little scared. Kit shook his head and had those puppy eyes as if Kit showed Oniz too much of something she wasn't supposed to see.

"I'm sorry for your loss." Kit said feeling bad and also pretty sad for the death of someone he didn't know. Kit wasn't one of those kids who didn't care about his elders unless those elders commit acts of evil. Oniz was amazed at Kit's statement. She had heard some kids mocking the AeroStar family for the last decade or so and some actually loved to see him die. ~No kid says that even if it's moral or forced.~ she thought with surprise. She had to say something.

"Well; I had to move on somehow..." Oniz admitted feeling sad; but not terrible as she had already grieved enough for the pilot who was her boss before she became the leader of the Reform Party and an MP.

"Did Gregory have a last name?" Kit asked looking wondering.

"AeroStar...Why?" Oniz asked.

"Well; I noticed that picture on your desk." Kit said pointing to the small photo encased in a picture frame.

"Oh yeah..." Oniz said as she grabbed the picture and looked at the picture in front of her. The more she looked at it; the sadder she got as a result.

"Are you all right Miss Mecha?" Kit asked looking deeply concerned.

"No Kit..” Oniz confessed as she had tears flowing from her eyes; “...Every time I see that picture; it brings me down to earth to tears."

"Who was Christopher AeroStar?" Kit asked wondering.

"Gregory gave birth to three children; Kevin AeroStar 1923, Krista AeroStar 1924 and Christopher AeroStar in 1925. He would be your age by now. He was a bundle of joy and was cute to the bone.” Oniz continued wiping a tear from her eye as she looks at the black and white photograph of Christopher AeroStar. It was making her weep the more she stared at it; “ However; in 1928 Christopher came down with the worst case of Scarlet Fever known to furry kind. Gregory was forced to fly to Gaserdon in order to seek the treatment that couldn't be provided in Wesdon. On the six hour flight towards the city; Gregory's seaplane was attacked by the Air Pirates. This was an attack that Gregory fears since he was apparently threatened by Antherfox who wanted revenge for the arrest of a previous Air Pirate group who was thwarted in Wesdon. Anterfox and Don Karnage brought the seaplane down into the ocean. Gregory and Jennifer AeroStar who was his wife were never found and presumed dead. However; the biggest miracle occurred as Christopher AeroStar was found alive in the arms of a strange cloaked man who delivered a child to the Wesdon orphanage a week later. Christopher lived peacefully at the orphanage for nearly five years. However; a new caretaker took over the orphanage after the previous one had died of natural causes and brought in an era of _Victorian Values_ as he called it. It was at best child assault and worst; child murder. It was all done in secret and it ruined many lives. One day someone from within the orphanage that the door to a storage room was open. She walked in and saw a horrible sight...” Kit's eyes were open wide at this explanation. Everything she said about this dead boy sounded very familiar to the same story he said about his past; minus everything before the master showed up to ruin his own life. He just had to say something about it....

"Butterbox...babies?” Kit asked slowly as Oniz was beginning to shudder violently at the knowledge of death that the boy had. It was like Kit was almost dead himself even if he wasn't showing it; “ Oniz?"

"That what it was called. “ Oniz said as she was shuddering violently as she couldn't keep her composure for too long; “Sadly; Christopher AeroStar went missing on that day. The kids all said he was looking for a baseball. However...." That statement hit Kit Cloudkicker like a ton of bricks. This Christopher AeroStar sounds very similar to the one Kit was talking about himself when he told Rebecca about his past life.

** When I was on the field; someone hit a home run and the ball went over the fence. I went to look for the ball behind the fence and then I just kept on going. ** Kit said to Rebecca just after they stopped Don Karnage and the Lightning Gun two years ago.

"He went missing...There was a search for him; however, his uniform was found in the river and someone saw him jump to his death." Oniz said as she buried her head in the desk and was crying loudly now as Kit's mouth opened wide. This whole story sounded so familiar as the memories were starting to pour into his mind. He was playing back exactly what happened to him after he started running away from the Wesdon Orphanage.....

~

*** Sometime in 1932 ***

Kit Cloudkicker was five years younger and was wearing a black nun-style uniform with a cross. However; Kit wasn't thinking about that good time religion. He was only thinking about one thing; running away before someone tried to kill him. Kit was replaying that frightening memory in his mind once again as Oniz had bought it back to the spotlight in his own life. Kit was about two miles away from the orphanage as he was running towards the river. He was going down from an alleyway between a hanger and a brick building looking quite scared. He stops short of a fast running river whose banks were made of solid granite. Kit looks to his left and sees that it is cut off by a 50 foot tall iron gate with thorny wire on top making it impossible to escape in that route. To his right the path was blocked by a large boat on blocks. The drop from the top to the bottom of the river was about 20 feet deep. Kit is breathing heavily as he was running for quite some time as he was now trapped as a greasy male, short, brown weasel shows up to block the only way out. He was wearing brown overalls, a white shirt and a brown hat. He had a cigar in his mouth which was actually unlit since he had no interest in smoking. He was a henchman to Badwin; the master that Kit was running from; but didn't know himself. Cazon Mesa was his name and he was giggling loudly as he found Kit was trapped with no way out.

"Soooo...there's our little runaway." Cazon said with an wicked smirk on his kisser as Kit took a step back.

"I'm not going back there!!” Kit protested emotionally; “ I'm not going to take anymore of this punishment you demons."

"You don't have a choice you Godless child.” Cazon snapped back laughing; “ You are the child and I'm the adult. That means you shall return to your Godfather Badwin."

"Badwin's a child murderer!!” Kit yelled back in pain as he went to the right corner to size up a way to escape; “ He killed babies and put them into butterboxes for no reason. I saw them!!"

"Stop assuming the tongue of the mature adult you moronic child!" Cazon snapped back bitterly as Kit's words were like rocks thrown to his head. Kit knew the truth and it was hurting Cazon badly. However; Kit's size up was for not as Cazon was smart enough to bring reinforcements as two more furries sprang up from the boat which allowed the henchmen to basically box Kit in and the only way out was a thirty foot drop to his death into the river. The first henchman was a tall fat white weasel wearing the same clothes as Cazon but didn't have a cigar in his mouth. His name was Josh Yolio who along with Darrel Wrencho who was a tall slender grey cat who was wearing similar clothes but was wearing a brown fedora and looked like a gangster. The two henchmen were basically hired thugs sent out by Badwin to stop Kit from escaping.

"Look what we have here?" Josh proclaimed giggling as Kit backed up towards the iron gate which was only served to buy him some more time for pretty much nothing. He was either Badwin's puppet again or he was dead.

"A Godless child who thinks he can dream..” Darrel proclaims sticking out his tongue in disgust; “..Badwin is your real creator. He crushes unimportant dreams like yours and forces you to kneel before thee."

"I only kneel to God...and Badwin is no God!" Kit said acting all self-rightous and cold all of a sudden. He was having these problems where he couldn't explain why he was saying stuff that he wouldn't be normally be saying. Cazon gasps in horror as that was an unpardonable sin in the eyes of Badwin.

"So you refuse to kneel to the messenger of the White Phoenix?!!” Cazon protests bitterly; “ You _are_ a _Pagan_! You must be destroyed just like those _babies_!"

"Come on boss..Can I please put this kid out of his suffering?" Josh asks as he pulls out his pistol and places a bullet into it.

"Wait a minute!” Darrel protests; “ I thought that Badwin wanted this pipsqueak alive? That _was_ our original orders."

"True...” Cazon admits gleefully; “..However; since he's a pagan, the orders change. Still; Badwin would probably kill you anyway once he leaves the orphanage to cover his tracks from this incident." Josh points the pistol at Kit's head and giggles loudly as Kit gasps in horror. He didn't know what the gun was for; but by the sounds of his tormenters; it wasn't good at all.

"You don't believe in the White Phoenix or God; so that makes _you_ the Pagans!" Kit responded harshly and self-rightously once again which once again Kit had that surprised look merely a second later.

"That's it!! I've had it with your holier than thou garbage!!” Cazon screamed bitterly as he pointed at Josh as he was chomping at the bit to kill Kit once and for all; “ Apparently; Badwin's _Godly grace_ isn't enough for you to obey him..Josh? KILL HIM!"

"But sir?! Badwin's orders...." Darrel asked as he tried to yank on Cazon to stop this madness. Badwin's orders were to bring the kid back to the orphanage and let Badwin deal with him personally. However; Cazon and Josh had seen enough. Kit wasn't going back unless he was inside a pine box and they were going to pull through on that threat regardless of how obscene the act was.

"It doesn't matter to me..." Josh said as he puts his finger in the trigger of the pistol and aim square for Kit's head which would kill him instantly upon contact with a bullet.

"Do you realize that killing me will send me to heaven?" Kit asks harshly as he kneels to the ground and begins to pray which was completely out of place with Kit.

"Enough of your Godless lies!! TIME TO DIE!!” Josh screams out as he was gun happy and he was about to pull the trigger and send Kit anywhere he wants as long as it was not on Earthia. However; suddenly a gunshot rings out and Josh feel a concussion on his hand and acute pain from his hand as the gun flies out of his hand quickly and falls to the ground. A tiny bit of blood comes out of the flesh wound. Someone had shot the gun out of his hands and he slumps to the ground holding his hand in pain and screaming out loud; “ OUCH!! What in limbo's dance has happened?!"

"HALT! What are you doing?!" A strong toned voice beckons as Cazon begins to panic violently. It was the police and he knew it. ~The cops. How did they find us?~ he thought bitterly. He had to come up with something to justify his own actions.

"Ah officer...” Cazon said calmly as he turned around to see a police officer, male, grey bear about middle age, medium build, wearing a police uniform and a blue hat with a gold badge on top. He was the lead officer known as Gustove Frenadez; “...We were searching for a child who was running away from the orphanage that's all!"

"Nice try you acessories to murder! “ Gustove yells out; not buying the story for one second. He heard everything going on and he had his pistol drawn so he was the one who shot the gun out of Josh's hands; “Your boss Badwin was found along with the evidence. Your days of child abuse and destruction are over." As he said that five more officers wearing the same uniforms ran to back him up. There were two male and two female police officers all about the same height and weight (White Cat, Black Dog, Brown Lizard and Green Gator) present with pistols drawn. Cazon was really panicky and realized that their disgraceful and genocidal act was all over and they would face death like they never saw it before.

"Badwin's in custody?!” Darrel screams out as he picks up Josh's dropped pistol quickly; “ This cannot be happening!"

"Drop the gun and surrender...NOW!" Officer #3 yelled out as she pointed her pistol at Darrel.

"We've been had Cazon!" Josh proclaims loudly and in a clutch of panic. However; Cazon was laughing out loud. He wasn't taking any of this seriously at all.

"Not quite yet! You coppers have fallen into Badwin's trap.” Cazon responds laughing out loud as he pulls out a spreader gun from his bag of tricks; “ Nobody's going to convict him since his reputation is top notch. Besides; if I'm not mistaken your kind is corrupt and Godless. The juries in this world will see this as just another attempt for the police to gain power over the government and families in the guise of justice and order. Nobody's going to believe your so-called justice!"

"What's that?!" Kit asked loudly as there were guns pointed at every villain and the whole thing was scaring Kit half to death now. He didn't know if he should thank the police for saving him or condemn them for trying to kill people.

"Now if you coppers excuse me; it's time for me to bag a pagan!" Cazon declared as he quickly turned around and pointed the gun at Kit's head to finish him off completely. However; Gustove caught him while Cazon's back was turned and Cazon unintentionally pulls the trigger too soon while pointing the gun directly at his feet. A spray of bullets come out and nail Cazon's feet good as blood came out of them. The sound of Cazon screaming was enough to convince Kit that the police were in fact no better than the bad guys here. His face was in acute pain as Gustove was struggling with Cazon to get the spreader gun out of his hands and sees Josh and Darrel pull out something from their trenchcoats as the four officers notice.

"You and your two acessories are under arrest for attempted murder!" Gustove declared strongly as the four officer overtake Darrel and Josh almost on cue and force them to drop their weapons which was a small dagger and a small pistol to the ground. Kit watched in horror and wondered ~What are they doing?~

"This is police brutality!!” Cazon declared loudly as he drops to the ground as Gustove completely overwhelmed him; “ Kid? This is what Badwin was shielding your eyes and ears from...Invalids!!" That final scream from Cazon was the last straw for Kit Cloudkicker. ~The police are no different then Badwin. They are just as brutal as evil itself.~ he thought as now he was no longer trapped by Badwin's men. He was trapped by the police and feared that they would kill him or force him back to the orphanage where all of his ugly memories would return in full bloom. Kit looks at the river as Cazon is on his mid-section and Gustove handcuffs him. Josh and Darrel were handcuffed as well by the other police officers. Gustove felt relived that the kid was safe from the evildoers. However; Kit felt he was still in danger as Gustove advances towards him with a weak smile.

"Don't touch me!" Kit screamed at him taking a step back slowly.

"Easy son...I'm not going to hurt you. I'll find you a new home." Gustove said nicely and calmly as Kit looks to his side while Gustove advances forward. There was no way out; but the river and Kit was looking even more scared by the minute.

"GO AWAY!! “ Kit screamed loudly and with tears flowing from his cheeks; “I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK! LEAVE ME ALONE!!"

"Christopher? Look; I'll make sure that you never have to deal with bad people ever....” Gustove explained with compassion as Kit takes another step back and was now only his tip toes were touching the edge of the river bank and that causes a clutch of panic from Gustove. Kit was planning to jump into the river even if it meant almost certain death; “....What are you doing?"

"Good...bye....I'll see you in heaven." Kit screamed out as his last words to the world that knew him as he jumped into the air and falls into the river below. All the officers notice and run to save him; but it was way too late. Gustove tries to grab Kit on the way down; but couldn't reach him and loses his balance and begins to fall with Kit. Officer #4 does manage to grab by Gustove's legs at the last split second. "Foreverrrrr..." Kit screams one last time as he falls into the deep river with a splash as Gustove starts to cry loudly and looks to the heavens.

"CHRISTOPHER!!!!" Gustove screamed out as he assumed that Christopher AeroStar was dead from the fall which could have broken his fragile little body; or that he drowned downstream. Cazon didn't care as he was laughing out loud. As far as he was concerned; they won and the police helped them kill the pagan they wanted to slaughter.

"You killed him! You drove him to his death!” Cazon shouted laughing; “ Badwin has won because of your godlessness to the people at large!" Gustove was pulled back up as Gustove stared at the river with tears flowing down his cheeks. He could only remember the two statement he and Christopher made while he dived towards his certain death....

** Good...bye...Foreverrrrrr! **

** CHRISTOPHER!!!! **

~

Those two lines that were screamed out finally smacked Kit in the head harder than anything else in his life. He realized seeing Oniz Mecha cry that his life on the run; his life in the streets; his life around the world; his life as a Air Pirate; and his life with Baloo; his attempt to run away to save himself was seen for what it really was: Selfishness at it's worst. It didn't show up until that very moment. He felt his running away was the right thing to do. Now he was seeing it as completely wrong and selfish. He had a real family and that police officer actually was going to find him his real home once again and he dived into the bay. He might have been scared at the time and the adults of the world might say otherwise; but Kit Cloudkicker...Christopher AeroStar has been running away from the truth and if he didn't confess to his sins now; Oniz and everyone who cared for him would suffer beyond repair or forgiveness. It was time to tell Oniz Mecha the truth as he looked at Oniz with his sad eyes. He had to do it; even if it killed him. He was use to doing this as he realized before when Baloo and Rebecca took him in to show that adults were good for the most part.

"Miss Mecha...” Kit proclaimed slowly feeling terrible and shameful for what he had done to Oniz Mecha for six years; “....There is something I got to tell you.." Before Kit could confess that he was Christopher AeroStar in the flesh and that he was alive and well, there was a knock on the door which was enough for Oniz to stop crying.

"I'll hear you later. I need to answer the door.” Oniz said wiping away the tears and standing up as she walked towards the door. She was sad; but she must go on as her sense of justice hasn't been lost on her. She opens the door and behind it was a familiar fury now wearing a black suit, black pants and a gold brooch. It was Gustove himself; the police officer involved in arresting Badwin's henchmen; “ Gustove?! I wasn't expecting you so soon."

"Well; the meeting with the Justice Committee has been delayed. Apparently; clearance hasn't been given to..” Gustove explained as he walked into Oniz's office and then noticed Kit sitting down and shuffling his feet impatiently. He blushed at the sight and felt that he was intruding on a conversation which he heard outside. Gustove had heard her story on Christopher's death many times himself; “...I'm sorry Oniz; I didn't see that you...had..a..guest..."

"Oh; he's one of Baloo's friends..Don't worry about him.” Oniz responded. However; Gustove looks at Kit's own eyes and ignores Oniz Mecha completely which was very odd in Oniz's mind. Kit jumps out of his chair as Gustove kneels down and looks Kit square in the eye. His eyebrows rose violently as he had just seen that this kid looked exactly like the same one he saw diving into the bay six years ago; “ Gustove?! Are you all right?" Oniz asked looking deeply concerned as Kit sees him and suddenly he realizes that he has seen this face before. It was the same one he saw trying to stop those henchmen of the master and he dived into the bay because he felt that the police were no better than the master was. When he saw Gustove; more memories flashed into his head; including some of them of him suffering on the streets and some involving his stay with the Air Pirates. He had escaped for freedom; but in turn hurt the ones that loved him and wanted to bring him home from the orphanage....and then there was a pointless memory that still resides in Kit's mind and soul that never goes away in spite of itself...

~

Kit was not dead yet despite him jumping into the river below. He managed to live as his eyes were opening and he was looking down at the sand in front of him. Kit slowly rolls to his back as he is hearing the sound of the ocean and looks into the moonlight in the sky. It was clear as crystal. Kit was too weak to move as the waves took their toll on the seven year old boy now wearing his undershirt only. It was chilly; but Kit couldn't feel it for some odd reason. He assumed that he was on a beach somewhere; but he was too weak to move his body to check it out. He felt helpless for the first time in his left despite the fact that now he was really free.

"[Am I dead? I must be....]" Kit whispered as he felt really woozy as he sees a fury adult in the shadows looking at him. Kit couldn't retain his strength and he fainted away closing his eyes and continued to sleep softly. It must have been a long time as the roar of the engine was heard and Kit slowly starts to wake up once again. He was no longer face down in the sand looking in the moonlight. He was inside of an airplane sleeping in the navigation seat inside the cockpit. He still felt woozy as he looked to his left and sees the pilot who was a tall, fat, yellow armadillo wearing a brown leather jacket flying what looked like a ST-21 Avion Airplane.

"Where am I?” Kit asked in a woozy state as the yellow armadillo heard the boy's words; “ I'm on an airplane...What am I doing here?"

"Christopher AeroStar; is that really you?" The yellow armadillo responded. However; the actual voice didn't sound like him; it sounded more like Gustove. The memories stop playing in Kit's head as he realized that it wasn't the armadillo saying it; but it was Gustove talking to him face to face and basically eye to eye.

~

"Huh?!...” Kit responded as he was staring right eye to eye with Gustove with puppy like eyes. Gustove knew exactly who he was and those eyes were unmistakable to him. Kit finally realized that he had to confess that he betrayed the real family he would have had he not run away from Badwin. He shed a tear and embraced Gustove; “.I'm sorry...I...shouldn't have..."

"I understand.." Gustove responded shedding a tear of his own. Oniz was in complete shock; Baloo's own partner and navigator is the boy who was supposed to be dead due to drowning in a river

"Oh my God..." Oniz gasped in disbelief as Kit and Gustove separated from the embrace.

"I'm Christopher AeroStar; the child who drowned..." Kit proclaimed as Oniz goes over and slaps Kit hard right in the face with her right hand. The blow was so hard that Kit fell flat on his butt and whinced a bit due to the pain. However; he didn't react with anger or even cried. He looked stunned that an adult would do something like this; however, Oniz Mecha slapped Kit's own father as well for being naughty.

"I should be slapping you silly right now!” Oniz cried out with compassion and anger; “ You made me cry for the last six years!!"

"Oniz?! This is not the time for..." Gustove protested to Oniz. This wasn't a good idea if someone from the Liberals were to see Oniz nailing a child since they needed any edge in order to prove that Oniz's cause was hypocritical and this was a good example of something to that effect.

"Oniz; I'm sorry that..." Kit responded rubbing his cheek where Oniz slapped him hard. Oniz was still angry as heck.

"...and I had a perfect excuse to bring myself into public life!..” Oniz shouted as she goes over to Kit and kneels down ready to apparently slap him again; probably on the other cheek. However; her anger instantly turned into a smile as she embraced Kit with a big hug; “....Welcome home Christo!"

"Thank you...I guess." Kit responded looking very confused; but decided to smile back as they hugged each other for a long time.

"It's all right..You were scared back then.." Gustove chimed in as Troy was peeping in the keyhole outside Oniz's office. He had heard everything and was shocked to hear and see that the little wise-cracking boy was the same one who drowned. He walks over to a small phone which was encased in glass with a keylock in the middle.

"I'd better tell him." Troy said looking absolutely spooked as he grabs his bronze key and inserts it into the keyhole. Who was he phoning and why is it any of his business? Christopher AeroStar is alive and the leader of the Reform Party has found out. It wasn't a big deal.....or was it in the eyes of those who felt that he ruined their lives....?!

***

Tory was phoning a guy who was considered by Kit Cloudkicker himself to be the master. He was a master of punishing him whenever he pleased on simple matters such as daydreaming. And that punishment was beyond the pale of reasonable punishment and into child abuse which was beyond disgusting and forgivable. Couple that with his failure to report the genocide of innocent weak babies; this tall, muscular, black cougar fury wearing a red jumper suit and red hat was sitting on his bed into a 12 X 15 cell looking at the prison doors sulking to himself. The cell had a bench and a toilet beside it; but not much else. It was dark and nearly pitch black with only a small lightbulb on the ceiling to light it. His real name was Badwin Pentaknight; the Earl of Victoria and was the caretaker of the Wesdon Orphanage when the previous owner died due to mysterious causes still unknown to this day. Badwin was angry at the world and angry that his Victorian era beliefs were ignored and shunned to the point of almost flat out being a hate crime basically. To the world; Victorian values were code word for theocratic values which the enlightenment was set out to stop. Badwin was obsessed with Oniz Mecha's sense of justice and it wasn't in a good way. ~Today is the day of my impending release from this _forsaken trap of darkness_. The police only won because I plead gulity to having my minions to kill babies and failing to report this so called _genocide_. Oniz is asking for justice; but what is justice to those who are strong enough to understand the responsibilities of that justice. Weak beings like those butterbox babies will only weaken the strong will to create a pure social fabric. I'll never be able to return to the orphanage; however, I might still be able to...~ he thought bitterly. He was so insane in his beliefs that he was basically asking for people to kill him and therefore become a martyr of his own will. His train of insane thought was broken as a female golden mallard wearing green trousers, a blue vest and a cowboy hat looking at him through the bars as she cleared her throat.

"What do you want Ms. Aio Bio?!” Badwin demanded strongly and harshly as he looks at her with meance in his eyes; “ Can't you see that I'm sulking at this point?!"

"Sorry boss; but Troy has called you with some news..” Aio responds with fear; “..Christopher AeroStar is alive and well. He's the buddy of this Baloo character..."

"What?! He's....still....alive?!” Badwin shouted out as he panics violently. Christopher Aerostar was in his eyes responsible for him being in prison in the first place thanks to his sticking his eyes into the storage room where the evidence of genocide was taking place. If he tells the world about this; Badwin would be a marked man; “ That's just great! He's going to ruin everything...!"

"Um boss..” Aio responded in fear as Badwin stands up; “...Should I tell Jinet...."

"Inform the orphanage lobby to be prepared to take a beating.” Badwin proclaimed loudly and harshly as he started to curse Christopher AeroStar once again; “..Curse that pagan!"

"Yes boss...." Aio nodded in fear as Aio walks away from the cell room door. Badwin lays down on the bench and actually begins to calm down. He realized that now that Christopher was alive; he might just get back on that boy for putting him in prison. However; he was also aware that it wouldn't be easy. He cannot afford to act in a panic; nor in anger.

"The good news about this is that the boy is still property of the Wesdon orphanage. However; I'll have to be the leader of that lobby to enforce that power onto the government..” Badwin declared as he looks into the ceiling; “..Good thing Jinet is on my side..." Badwin giggled as he thought about some of his demented ways to torture Christopher Aerostar once and for all and send a message to the world who believes that children have the same rights as adults..........

***

The surprises continued to mount as Kit was embracing Oniz once again in her office with Gustove watching on smiling and in tears. It was a joyous moment for her as the youngest son of the AeroStar family was alive and well. However; Oniz had a lot of questions to ask Kit and not enough time to ask them.

"Christo...I became a different person because of you...” Oniz said sobbing quietly.

"I know that in the back of your mind that I should be slapped silly for walking out without any regard for my original family." Kit said feeling awful still and feeling sorry for himself.

"Christopher? Didn't I already say that you were scared back than?” Gustove said shaking his head; “ You probably don't remember who your real family was back then when you were only three."

"I don't know what else to say..” Kit responded; “...I lost much of my past to the orphanage caretaker."

"You must mean Badwin." Oniz said pointing that out.

"Yeah; he got lucky that the jury found him not guilty of genocide in _that_ orphanage.” Gustove proclaims as he slammed his fist right into the palm of his hand; “ Hundreds of charges dropped because _I_ tired to protect the boy from being killed...That's society for you; no respect for the young and the future. I mean; they'll be the ones who'll be working their bodies into jelly in order to please the aging population."

"Boy; my jokes sound like Chapbin all of a sudden..” Oniz said with a giggle as Kit frowns. Oniz's face frowned as well. He was just like Gregory AeroStar in that he couldn't really take a bad joke; “...Well; I see that the spirit of your father is very much alive." The door is greeted with more knocking as Gustove walks over to it.

"I'll get it.." Gustove proclaims.

"You'll get it all right.” Oniz proclaims sarcastically; “ Smiling too much makes people act like morons. I say!"

"She doesn't get it...” Gustove snaps back with a mocking tone on Oniz as he makes it to the door; “..She's not allowed to say bad jokes because people will not vote for her otherwise."

"Yeah; because her jokes are terrible." Kit responded giggling loudly.

"Christopher! That's a mean and nasty thing to say about me!” Oniz snaps back at him; “ At least say 'That's not funny Oniz!' like Gregory does..." Gustove opens the door and sees Baloo, Jaro and Wedge carrying the boxes of doucments outside and waiting for someone to answer the door so they can rest their arms and legs.

"Oh you must be Kit's guardian...Come in!" Gustove proclaimed as Kit's face lights up.

"Poppa Bear?!" Kit said as Baloo, Jaro, Royal Officer #1,Royal Officer #2, Royal Officer #3 and Wedge enter the room each carrying at least one box of documents for a grand total of ten fifty pound boxes of documents.

"Ah Miss Mecha? Where do you want the documents to be placed?" Jaro asked.

"Place them on my desk please.." Oniz ordered pointing to her desk.

"You heard her Baloo.." Jaro ordered as Baloo grumbled bitterly under his breath.

"Okay..." Baloo grumbled as Royal Officer #1, Royal Officer #2, Royal Officer #3, Wedge, Jaro and Baloo proceed to put the documents on her desk; being careful not to damage her pens or the picture frame of Christopher AeroStar.

"Now _that's_ hard work!!" Kit giggled softly.

"Well haha; very funny!” Baloo snapped back sarcastically at Kit; “ Be lucky that government's so paranoid.."

"Typical Pop-A-Bear!!” Oniz laughed it up as that drum sound come back at the wrong time and she knew it was wrong in front of Liberal Officers; “ Oooops..."

"I knew that you would slip up...” Jaro yells out pointing an accusing finger at Oniz as he steps back out of the office quickly; “...Jinet must hear this..." Kit could only hold back his laughter as Wedge and the Royal Officers could only shrug their shoulders in confusion as they turn around and exit the office without further incident.

"Poor guy..." Oniz said shaking his head.

"Jinet's got bigger problems now and Oniz's character is not one of them." Gustove chimes in looking amused. This was the best thing he has seen all day. Kit was giggling still and Oniz looked quite annoyed as the joke was being played for far too long in her own mind.

"What's so funny?" Oniz asked looking annoyed.

"Your _lame duck_ joke..." Kit responded in a cocky tone as the drum sound was thrust back at Oniz much to her annoyance.

"You're as bad as Gregory was..." Oniz said looking quite annoying.

"Well; Kit's finally found the humor that's lacking." Baloo chimed in looking amused at Oniz when she was backed in a corner by an AeroStar. Even though Baloo had no idea he was one.

"Oh stop it!!” Oniz said off hand; “ Christopher couldn't find a joke..."

"Um..Oniz?" Baloo asked looking confused. Kit never referred to himself as Christopher in his mind; it was only Kit Cloudkicker. That was his name.

"Baloo..” Oniz responded looking serious; “..Kit is not what you thought he was..."

"Oniz...” Baloo responded looking angry; “...you're busting the wrong props with that...I know..."

"No; you don't really know Christo!” Oniz snapped back ; “ And I'm _not_ joking.."

"Are you kidding?” Baloo responded looking very offended; “ Kit's been..."

"Baloo...Christopher...Kit Cloudkicker is an AeroStar!" Oniz declared right in Baloo's face.

"What?!" Baloo could only respond in shock. Oniz returns to her desk as Kit sits down on the chair along with Gustove right beside him.

"I knew that something was up when I saw Kit...” Oniz added; “...Christopher's face put on newspapers years ago with Oscar Vandersnoot. Boy; that kid had _no_ idea who Christo is..."

"Kid...help me here.” Baloo asked in complete denial and shock; “ You cannot be.."

"I am Christopher AeroStar Poppa Bear.” Kit declared feeling ashamed of himself. He couldn't hide from the walls that surrounded his past anymore. Just like he tore down the walls blocking his heart from adults; he now had to tear down the walls of his past to those he had a hard time trusting; “ I'm the son of Gregory AeroStar."

"You never told me this son?” Baloo asked; “ Are you hiding something?"

"Poppa Bear? Do you remember that I was in an orphanage?” Kit began sounding tough once again; “ Well; I used to live in the orphanage here in Wesdon. I don't remember very much other than feeling the welts on my back and a wooden splinter on my side was painful too." Kit looked at his right arm which was were the green sweater was patched up. He rolled up his sleeves of his sweater and rolled up his undershirt to reveal to Baloo all the bruises that were still present from the beatings from Badwin. Even the physical scars never completely went away as Baloo was shocked and appalled. So was Gustove and Oniz. They knew Kit was abused; but never to the point where he still had scars left on his body. Badwin was truly a monster to do this to him.

"You were...abused?" Baloo asked looking horrified. More so now that Kit wasn't showing any signs of emotion which was a sign that Kit had acute emotional scars that never healed much at all except during his time at Higher For Hire where he slowly opened up to Rebecca Cunningham.

"Yeah; I think the person's name was Badwin, but I called him master.” Kit began his long and painful story; “ I think that he hit me with a broken wooden chair. He would use a bull-whip the other times and that was just for daydreaming in class. There were two nurses in the place that attempted to protect me; but I don't remember their names. One day; I sneaked out of class after asking a nurse that I needed to use the washroom. I was halfway there when I noticed a storage room." Kit didn't want to go there; but he had to...To save his own soul and to stop the suffering from those who loved him once and for all.........

~

Somewhere in 1932....

Christopher AeroStar was a student and an orphan who was used and abused...He feared for his well being everytime when he wasn't thinking about his dream which was to fly free as a bird. Kit was inside a hallway with green painted walls and white ceilings. Kit noticed a small wooden door with the words STORAGE in yellow pointed letter. There was an ugly smell in the air, it smelled like death was upon him and it was coming directly from that storage room. Kit was a curious one to say the least and it was time to find out why it smelled so bad around here.

**...and there was an ugly smell in the air. Badwin...Master..said that it was the varnish that they stored there. However; I could tell that he was lying at this point since it smelled like death. I got interested so I opened the door; off my toes of course...and entered inside. ** Kit explained as he walked towards the door and pressed on his toes hard to grab the doorknob. He twists the knob counter clockwise and the door opens slowly. Kit enters the storage room and it was a damp and dreadful place with only some light coming from a small light bulb which was odd since storage areas were pitch black when they were closed. It was a small room which had lots of shelves and stuff on them. It wasn't all that unusual; however, the smell of death was even worse inside. That ugly smell made Kit advance on to the back of the storage room where the shelves were filled with butterboxes which were weak plywood boxes that could handle up to eight pounds of stuff; usually butter in the old days. There was a large wooden table in the back as well with eight butterboxes on top of it and that was where the smell was at it's worst. There was also a small chair which was low enough for Kit to climb up as he did. His face was starting to get a little green from the disgusting smell of death which continued to fill the air.

** I walked into the storage and I knew that the master was lying since the smell was getting worse. So I was starting to feel a little sick. ** Kit said as he climbed onto the table and he moved towards the butterboxes and looked into them and gasped in horror as he proceeded to look in each and every one of the eight butterboxes. He saw nothing but dead bodies that were rotting or nearly gone as of a result of the rot. One baby fox only has it's tail left as it was assumed that someone had eaten him. It was downright horrible to watch and even more so when it's through the eyes of a seven year old child where death is almost unknown to him.

** When I looked inside; I gasped in horror.. There were tiny babies inside; but there was no life inside of them. They were...** Kit said looking quite a bit frightened. Despite his tough guy conditioning; even he wasn't immune to the horror as he was getting greenier and greenier by the moment.

** No more! Don't say it! I hate gory details ** Oniz shouted out in horror.

** Just like ol'Beckey!** Baloo said shaking his head.

** Well; all of them on the table were dead. Some of them were riddled with bullet wounds and I made the mistake of looking into everyone of them because I got so sick that I fell off the table. ** Kit said as he saw the last butterbox and gasped in horror and falls backwards off the table and lands with a thud on his side on the floor. Kit grits his teeth in pain before realizing that he made another mistake: He was about to vomit due to the sickness getting to him and the fact that he eat breakfest only two hours ago. Kit realized this and puts his hands on his mouth and stood quickly. He then proceeded to bolt out of the storage room holding his mouth and went to the washroom which was opposite to the storage room.

**I spent an hour...I think...in there losing everything that I ate..cleaning up the place and clutching myself in fear. My body didn't want to go back to class because I was so scared. If the master could kill them; then I would be next for finding out this little secret.** Kit said.

**I wouldn't blame you for being frightened. This is _as_ bad as abortion and that's absolutely criminal!** Oniz replied strongly.

**I decided to return to class and try to pretend that it didn't happened. Sadly; a nurse spotted me just before I went to class. ** Kit said as he walked back out of the washroom and walked back up the hallway back towards the classroom. He had to cross one more hallway intersection before he was home room and manages to cross it without difficulty. However; before he could run towards the end of the hallway towards his classroom door; a tall, slender female black raccoon wearing black nun clothes grabs Kit from behind with his uniform and twirls him around. She looked tough as nails and was tough as nails Sister Rosewell Von Morale who was one of the toughest teachers in the orphanages. She wasn't evil as Badwin was; but her toughness made it look like she was in league with Badwin.

"What are you doing here?! Wandering the hallways during class time?” Rosewell declared strongly and bitterly; “ The master's going to have your head for this!"

"I got permission from Sister Mary Ann to go to the bathroom. Honest!" Kit responded looking frightened. There was only one teacher that Kit had trouble with other than Badwin himself and that was Rosewell.

"Nice try boy; but I don't buy it.” Rosewell responded strongly; “ I knew from the start that the daydreaming would create nothing but trouble."

"But I needed the bathroom.” Kit pleaded as his tough guy routine just wasn't there; “ Please talk to Mary. She allowed me to go!" The voice Kit was producing sounded honest and Rosewell knew that if she didn't talk to Mary Ann then she would look dishonest. Rosewell didn't believe in punishment unless it was right and just.

"You sound honest child..” Rosewell said sharply as she puts down Kit on his feet gently; “...Okay; I'll speak to Mary. However; if you are lying to me; you know what the master will do?"

"Yes Sister Rosewell!" Kit nodded in kind.

"At least you are sober this time. Come on; let's see Mary Ann Franco." Rosewell declared looking sharp at Kit. He had nothing to fear since Sister Mary Ann did in fact give permission to him to use the washroom. Rosewell and Kit walked a short distance to a small door and stopped right there in front of it. Rosewell knocks on the door and the door opens quickly to reveal Sister Mary Ann Franco who once worked with Oniz Mecha in Windsolaz on environment issues. She was wearing the same clothes as Rosewell and this was a huge departure from her scientific studies.

"Yes?!” Mary Ann answered gently as she sees Rosewell; “ Sister Rosewell; is there any problem here.."

"Yes; I caught this student wandering the hallway.” Rosewell said as she pointed down at Kit; “ He claims that we was going to the bathroom."

"I was the one who sent him to the bathroom." Mary Ann answered gently. Rosewell got her answered and was nodding her head in approval. Kit was telling the truth this time around.

"All right; then in this case you can go back to class now young man..” Sister Rosewell told him sternly; “..Don't daydream now; you hear me?"

"Yes Sister Rosewell." Kit nodded looking somewhat fearful as he entered the classroom and Rosewell walked away as Mary Ann Franco closed the door behind her. Kit was slightly relived that he wasn't caught in a hard place; but he was very frightened now....

~

Later on that day....

**On that moment; I've made up my mind. I got lucky that Rosewell; who was a tough-as-nails person didn't send me to be punished by Badwin. However; there was nothing like the thought of seeing death within my impressible eyes. I decided to escape; so at noontime it was time for a baseball game. A favorite pastime among the orphanages. They even had a semi-profession league team which was undefeated...I didn't care; I wasn't a ball player myself.."** Kit explained.

** You said that you were punished. ** Oniz asked looking confused.

** Miss Mecha? I believe the ballgame was a ruse to hide the genocide! ** Gustove points out.

** Oh yeah; I forgot. ** Oniz responded blushing. Oniz decides to shut up and let Kit continue his story.

** Baseball was a popular sport in this orphanage as Badwin was always out on business during that time..I guess that was a good thing.** Kit continued on without showing any fear anymore. The backyard of the orphanage was really a huge baseball field with a large square wooden fence and without the dugouts. The back of the orphanage walls had on windows and only one glass-less door which was to prevent breaking windows from stray foul balls. There was mostly green grass with dirt lines drawn to create the diamond. The bases were made of large white pillows which were taken in when it rains. There was a wooden gate leading outside and was facing a park filled with lots of trees and shrubs with one walkway path inside. There were over 20 children playing baseball today ranging from seven years of age to 13 years of age. Kit Cloudkicker was playing center field of course. All the children were wearing the same uniforms as Kit was. Now playing first base is a black male crow named Clawsen Maybe. Now playing second base is a female green snake named Teron Siyva. Now playing third base was a female black shunk named Sara Flemming. Now playing catcher is a male brown frog named John Biggs. Now playing pitcher is the right hand girl of Sister Rosewell Von Morale is Jackie Von Morale. Now playing left field is a male brown mole named Tai Molive. Now playing shortstop is a female golden dog named Darrie Teller and now playing right field is a male orange fox with two tails known as Tail Spin. Jackie Von Morale steps up to the pitcher's mound and jabs the baseball from within her glove while blowing pink bubblegum. It was only a game that was meaningless and yet she's out there thinking that the World Series is on the line.

“All right! Who's the first batter to eat my dustball?!” Jackie declared strongly as a male grey elephant fury child takes up a bat and steps up to the place. Eight other children stand in line away from the field and await their turn to bat (Red cardinal, Orange cat, Brown lion, Orange tiger, Black/red frog, green lizard, grey boar and silver ferret). The elephant's name is Rodger Atwill who was considered one of the best hitters in the semi-professional league that he professed in Wesdon. Standing behind the place and behind the catcher was a male brown beaver wearing leather protection gear on his uniform known as Jim Bucktooth as he plays the role of an umpire. To the opposite side of the field where the batters are standing were a male beige rat and a grey cat named Joe Knive and Sam Know. They were holding wooden stick up as if they were announcers. This looked absolutely surreal and this is what Badwin wanted the public to see that he was just an honest and generous man; rather than the obscene criminal mastermind that Kit finally saw in him as he was the only one who knew who Badwin really was. It was also a clear day and a good day to play baseball. If only because Kit wanted a respite from the beatings that Badwin gave to him.

"Welcome to today's intersquad matchup between the 'A' team and the 'B" team.” Joe said talking to the wooden stick; “ The North Wesdon Gamecocks are a popular squad."

"Yeah Joe..” Sam replied as both were talking like announcers from the era of baseball ; “...The Gamecocks are undefeated in professional play and have only lost once in overall which is against the B-team."

"Yeah; our baseball team is the best of all the orphanages around.” Joe replied back; “ You don't need our _master_ to say that. The Gamecocks' best pitcher is setting up against the best batter on the Gamecocks Rodger Atwill."

"Yeah; he bats a .370 average and can knock it out of the parks.” Sam declared as Rodger swings the bat slowly and positions himself to the right of the plate; “ One of those shots went almost 500 feet according to one scout."

"Of course they couldn't find a proper measuring device for it..” Joe said shrugging his shoulders; “...so who knows." John gives the signal to Jackie that Rodger is ready to bat and Jackie sets herself up for the windup.

"It is the top of the third inning with no score and Jackie Rosewell in the windup. Nobody's out so far; nobody's on base." Sam proclaims.

"She was 24-0 in the regular season with a 0.95 ERA.” Joe points out; “ Even our weakest pitcher has an ERA of 1.57."

"It's actually quite clear today. No clouds in sight." Sam said as that statement brought a shiver from Kit. It wasn't due to the cold; it was due to the fact that he wasn't really paying attention to the actual game being played. He looked up into the sky and thought with a sweet smile ~I'm ready to see that sky real soon.~

"PLAY BALL!" Jim yells out as that snapped Kit out of his bliss and he started to become focused on the actual game itself. Jackie was never happy when someone was daydreaming either. Even more so when it's in the middle of a baseball game; no matter how pointless the baseball game was.

"The final voice has been spoken and we are under way." Joe said as Jackie goes into the windup and throws a 47 MPH fastball (she threw her ball with considerable heat for a 12 year old girl.) and that pitch was just below the knees and Rodger doesn't bite.

"STRIKE ONE!" Jim shouted out and the rules of baseball say that his call was on the mark.

"First pitch strike..” Sam said; “...A typical start for Jackie!"

"True; but Rodger's a patient hitter.” Joe nodded in kind; “ All is needed is one mistake..."

"....then it's buh-bye baseball." Sam added on.

"[Good pitch Jackie!]" Rodger said under his breath.

"[Next...]" Jackie added quietly as she stares down Rodger with ice daggers in her eyes. This was a serious game to her as John throws the ball back to Jackie. Jackie grabs it and plants herself in the windup position. Jackie then throws a 31 MHP changeup which almost catches Rodger off guard as he swings at it. Rodger tries to stop at mid-swing and hope that it would count as a check-swing ball. However; the bat was too far in the swinging position motion to be declared as a ball.

"STRIKE TWO!" Jim yelled out as Rodger steps back for a moment and just shakes his head. He made a mistake there and he knew it too.

"That's how you pitch to someone who is patient.” Sam points out; “ Make him think you're going to make a mistake; then throw him something that he barely misses at."

"Yeah; but it puts Jackie into a situation where she will try to get Rodger off-balance again.” Joe adds as John throws the ball back at Jackie; “ Very difficult. 0 and 2 on Rodger."

"[Couple more pitches and I'm swinging over the fence.]" Rodger states under his breath as he returns to the left side of the plate this time and gets into position to try again to hit the ball. He was the only one to get a hit so far in this game by both teams which was a bloop single that dropped right in front of Kit in center field that even he couldn't catch despite all that speed. That fact didn't stop Jackie from hating Kit's guts however as usual. Jackie grabs the ball and gives the thumbs down signal to John and John thinks ~It's coming.~ What pitch was Jackie thinking right now?

"[This pitch should give me the edge.]" Jackie said under her breath as she winds up and throws a nast 37 MPH curve ball that misses the plate by three inches on the left side of the plate and forces Rodger to step back about a foot away from the ball on instinct alone. Another inch or so and that ball would have hit Rodger and he would have to take a base under the rules. Jackie smirks as she used the brushback pitch to force some respect out of Rodger.

"Ball one...." Jim said as Rodger is fuming slightly at Jackie as John throws the ball back to Jackie. Sam and Joe were unimpressed by Jackie's little tactic there.

"A brush back pitch?!” Sam said; “ So much for honor to not throw dirty. 1 and 2 on Rodger."

"I'm shocked considered the talent of Rodger." Joe replied.

"True; however I think it create a disadvantage for Jackie since Rodger is going to be pumped up for the next pitch." Sam points out.

"We'll see...Such tactics work to undermine Rodger's patience." Joe adds.

"[You just sealed your fate Miss Morale.]" Rodger said under his breath as he goes back to the right side of the plate and sets up for the set pitch.

"[I got you now Rodger. This next pitch is unstoppable!]" Jackie declares under her breath as she winds up and throws a 40 MPH fastball on the corner of the plate. Rodger doesn't bite on the pitch as the ball crosses the line perfectly. Jackie was smiling as she awaited the strike three call by looking at the umpire.

"Ball two..." Jim called back as Jackie's jaw drops slightly at the call. It was strike three; a close strike three; but still Rodger should be out regardless.

"2 and 2..” Joe states as John throws the ball back at Jackie and Jackie barely catches it due to the shock of the bad call; “...Rodger is breathing a sigh of relief."

"Jackie was robbed..” Sam protested; “...It was on the line."

"The umpire had the best look and must've though it was a little high." Joe responds shrugging his shoulders.

"Booooo..." Sam catcalls at the umpire as Jim completely ignores it.

"You're supposed to be impartial." Joe responds ribbing Sam in the ribs.

"It's a bad call and you know that Joe." Sam snaps back at him

"Jackie's smart about it. Remain calm." Joe said.

"Good call..." Jackie said grumbling a bit as Rodger breathes a sigh of relief as she sets up again.

"[I was lucky that Jim's vision is a little off.]" Rodger said under his breath.

"[Got to try again. I'm glad Sister Rosewell isn't here.]" Jackie proclaims quietly as she winds up and throws a 34 MPH curve ball that was away from the plate on the left side. Rodger doesn't bite here and the pitch was way off the plate for an easy ball.

"Ball Three...." Jim calls out; not about to miss that call.

"Full count on Rodger..." Joe said.

"I fully expect Jackie to come up with a fast ball." Sam said looking a bit surprised.

"I hope for a quick end to this at bat." Joe said sounding a bit whiny.

"Yeah; I _hate_ foul balls." Sam chimed in as John throws the ball back at Jackie and Jackie grabs it.

"[Enough games! Time to hit it!]" Rodger proclaims under his breath as he points to the center field to indicate that he was going to swing for the fences. Jackie takes this as an insult and begins the windup.

"[Not yet...]" Jackie snaps back under her breath as she throws a 50 MPH fastball that was supposed to break slightly and force Rodger to hit it towards the ground for an easy ground out. However; the ball doesn't break correctly as it is flat out over the plate right on the numbers allowing Rodger to get a clean simple swing on the ball and that ball is absolutely crushed into deep center field as Kit goes back towards the wall.

"Well hit to center field." Joe proclaims loudly as Kit bangs into the wall in center field. He had absolutely no chance to get that one as the ball overtakes the fence about 15 feet in the air and the ball lands into the trees on the park about thirty feet away from the fence. That was a clear cut home run as Rodger just walks around the bases without any effort from him.

"...and as usual it is gone! A home run for Rodger Atwill. One to nothing 'A'-team." Sam proclaims as Jackie grits her teeth in frustration. There was nothing any of her ball players could do to stop that ball. Jackie failed to get Rodger out.

"No surprise here. Rodger played her like a cheap fiddle." Joe replied.

"Cheap fiddle...Grrr!" Jackie protested at the announcers bitterly which makes the announcers jump in fear.

"She didn't like that." Sam said shaking a bit.

"Sad truth for Jackie. Rodger wore her down." Joe points out even though he was afraid of her. Jackie was like Rosewell in so many ways; without the authority that made Rosewell so fearful in Kit's eyes. Jackie turns around and looks angerly at her defense core which really didn't deserve it as they shook in fear.

"All right..Who's going to get the baseball?!” Jackie demands chewing her gum violently; “ I'm certainly not going out there."

"Wait a minute!” Tai protested bitterly; “ You're the one who threw a fat pitch."

"That's not fair!" Tail chimed in shaking as Jackie was pretty mad at them.

"Where was my defense?! Huh?!" Jackie asked loudly and was looking even more cross than usual. Kit throws down his glove gently and looks at Jackie.

"I'll get the ball back Jackie!" Kit said cheerfully which surprised Jackie. Kit never did anything like that for her before since everyone was so afraid of her that she usually has to get the ball herself. Although in this case she deserved it since she threw the bad pitch that caused the home run in the first place. Rodger touches home plate and gives out the victory sign which Jackie oddly ignores.

"Really?! You've been silent on this for years!" Jackie asked looking surprised.

"I know; but we only have one baseball so someone should pick it up." Kit said.

"All right..since you were never the baseball player; go ahead." Jackie said bitterly.

"Thanks Jackie. I won't disappoint you." Kit responded as he walks towards the gate and unlocks it.

"You better not! You've been useless as a player!" Jackie yells out loudly as Kit opens the gate and walks outside and closes the gate once again. Tai and Tail just shook their heads in sympathy for Kit.

"Wow; no wonder we are losing." Tai said to Tail.

"Agreed...Poor Kit." Tail states back to Tai as Jackie returns to the pitcher's mound and blows some more bubblegum. She could only think of getting to the plate and getting that home run back. Kit was outside the orphanage grounds which was all right as long as it was only to get the baseball. There was only a gravel road with no traffic on it separating the orphanage from the park and Kit walks across it without any trouble. Kit walks inside the park where he spots the baseball about ten feet away from him in front of a bush which was in kind in front of the first maple tree which happened to stop the ball from going any further.

"Here it is..." Kit said as he runs over to the maple tree and grabs the baseball on the ground. He was about to throw the baseball back into the baseball field to continue the game; however, thoughts raced through his head as he stared at the baseball hard. He could hear himself and Badwin yelling at each other...

** I'm doing this for your own good! ** Badwin yelled out in his mind as Kit closed his eyes and a tear was shed from his eye.

** You think hitting me with a whip will change me. The more you hit me; the more I feel hate from you!** Kit responded sounding more and more numb to the pain. As if he was use to it by now. Badwin had punished Kit (read: abused) so many times that the emotion of it was all out of Kit. That was more scary than anything Kit had suffered from him.

** I could kill you right now...but I'm a citizen. Think about it. The real world out there is full of evil! You would die in four seconds!! If you ever leave this heaven; you'll be back in two seconds begging for my iron law!!** Badwin yelled out as Kit could see in his mind was a wooden balsm chair shattering into a million pieces and literally feeling it's presence pulse right through his body.** CRASH!! ** the chair went. He could also feel that whip being used on his right arm which had the yellow patch on his sweater to signal what he had gone through. He felt the splinters going through his entire body even though there were none present on his body. Kit opened his eyes suddenly and looked at the baseball and thought strongly. ~I don't need to see the world to know what kind of man you are!~ he thought as he took the baseball and throws it as hard as he could into the baseball field where Jackie manages to catch it without any trouble.

"Thank you!" Jackie proclaims sharply.

"You're welcome...” Kit yells back as he turned around and ran into the park even further until he was completely out of sight. His mind was made up..[Goodbye forever..The world seems to be a great place. Better than this...]" he said under his breath. He was long gone by the time anyone figured out where he went. Also; by the time he was gone; Badwin's little genocide plot would be foiled and everyone's lives would be changed forever...and for some; not for the better....

~

The story was basically over for Kit. Well; at least his reasons for leaving the orphanage. The whole ordeal left a big bad taste in everyone's mouth. Kit felt that he did the right thing by leaving and now he realized that he was wrong. Still; the adults around the room were not going to blame him since there was no reason to. Kit ran away because of Badwin and his evil ways. If he didn't run away; he risked being the next to die since he basically saw what happened and he was the perfect witness to the horror. Badwin would kill him instantly to shut him up. Still; it didn't sit well with Kit in the end because he made a lot of people that knew him before he met Baloo suffer and he felt it was time to atone for his past sins.

"I see it all now." Gustove said.

"For four years on the run; I was convinced that Badwin was wrong. I _was_ wrong!” Kit declared strongly; “ If I wasn't in such lust with Badwin; I probably would have been safe. I should have been punished for that."

"I think four years is punishment enough." Gustove said patting Kit on the shoulder. The pain of telling was also enough. It made Oniz realize that her cause was not a vain attempt; but a serious concern that the Liberals and everyone involved must answer for and pay the price for their evil. Kit has already payed that price and he didn't do anything evil back there.

"I had no idea..” Baloo said shaking his head; “...you did have a reason."

"It was a bad reason to start with.” Kit responded bitterly; “ I wasn't mature enough to make that decision."

"Compared to Badwin; you _were_ mature...and our social world has become a sad comment.” Oniz said sharply and strongly as she stood up ; “However; it's not too late. The faith can be restored."

"For me it is too late...” Kit responded bitterly as he looked at his paws shedding a tear; “..I can never become a child again. I have too much blood on my hands."

"Little Britches?! You don't have to say..." Baloo said hugging him.

"Agreed..Tomorrow will be my first day off in ten months.” Oniz asked nicely; “ We can continue this conversation then. Gustove?! Would you like to join us?"

"Yes; I would like to meet Rebecca." Gustove said in response as he stood up.

"Good...” Oniz said nodding her head as Baloo and Kit stand up; “..I'll call her later today. I have a vote to attend to this afternoon."

"Baloo?” Gustove said as he and Baloo walk towards the door with Kit trailing close behind; “ I like to talk to you being a legendary pilot and all..."

"Best pilot in the world!” Baloo declared with bravado as he opens the door and he offers Gustove a gesture; “ Here..."

"Thank you...." Gustove said as he walks out of the office.

"Don't fall for his mannerisms Gustove." Oniz responded as Kit was giggling at Baloo once again which gets Baloo's goat once again.

"Oh go to limbo you lame duck!" Baloo snaps back in semi-disgust as he storms out of the office.

"Oh Baloo! You're so mean!" Kit called out giggling loudly.

"Kit?! I have one question for you.” Oniz asked as she stood up and walks towards Kit; “ Do you know Don Karnage?"

"Yes I do." Kit responded wondering why Oniz would ask that question. Oniz suddenly looked bitter for some reason and Kit looked worried.

"Then....you were....an Air Pirate....." Oniz said slowly as Kit gasps in shock. How did she know?! And why should it concern him. If only he knew what the Air Pirates under Ramon Karnage's command did to the city of Wesdon more than three years before he was born. He couldn't grasp the destruction of the Flamethrower that burned down half of the city which took almost five years to rebuild and caused a lot of people to be angry and paranoid at anyone who has even stood against them; even reformed pirates such as Kit. Oniz knew that if Kit's secret came out that he was one; it could devastate him and anyone around him more than anyone else......

***

The loud sound and fury which signified little or no progress continued inside the Usland House of Common. Gillberd was really starting to become impatient and as far as her was concerned; the next question would be the last one of Question Period. He and the page rise from their chair and looked as frustration as the speaker of the house was.

"The honorable member for Esquire-Essex!" Gillberd said sounding frustrated. He was ready to give these MP's a piece of his mind as he sat down. A medium build female brown otter rises from her seat wearing a brown blouse with black pants, a white shirt and a rose buttoned on the right side. She had yellow eyes which was pretty odd to say the least. She was the MP for Esquire-Essex named Dolter Applered who was a former farmer from Essex who have a lot of experience in farming and the business of farming. One thing Oniz Mecha did was pick her critics well while most of the Liberal ministers had little or no experience in their lines of works. They were merely politicians trying to gain a paycheck which was a lot of money by Depression standards.

"Thank you Mr. Speaker.” Dolter said strongly reading from her writing scroll; “ The government has stated that the four million dollar food program to aid depression victims was supposed to be giving nutrition. However; much of the food lack the proper minerials needed for proper health. My question is to the Minister of Argiculture; why is the Minister ignoring this potential of short-changing children and adults alike?" Dolter sat down as the Reformers clapped in unison which served to annoy Gillberd even more. He's already banished one member from the house for being a liar and ironically enough; he was the calmest guy in the room at the time. Gillberd stands up and tries to tone down his frustration.

"The honorable Minister of Argiculture.." Gillberd said as he sat down on his speaker chair once again as a female small black buffalo wearing a red blouse, white shirt with brown pants and red high heels rose from her seat. She was the MP for Loaf Island and Minister of Argiculture known as Fortanac Fontaine who was one of those ministers who had no experience in farming; but had a degree in simple business only.

"Thank you Mr. Speaker..” Fortanac proclaimed strongly as if she was selling something; “...The honorable member doesn't understand that much of the food was grown by independent farmers who are struggling to make any kind of food; let alone the proper food. This is due to Dust Bowl condition in the mid Usland region. With that in mind; I am later today unveil a four million dollar extension plan to encourage large farms to provide the food thst struggling families of the depression needs. Thank you." Fortanac sat down and right on cue the Liberals all clapped in unison and cheered loudly. Dolter was really steamed at that response; but said nothing for fear of being the second member banished from the house today ~She's lying through her teeth. You cannot just throw money at this since the problem is that the large farmers are destroying the soil that is needed for proper healthy soil!~ she thought and rightfully so as Gillberd rises up again trying to keep his composure on what was a bad day for democracy in Question Period. They barely got through the first half of the second tier the question. Usually on a quiet day; they would be past four tiers of questions in one hour. The tone was that bad and Gillberd's frustration towards it was showing in spades.

"Order...Order....Order...” Gillberd ordered professionally as the house calms down quickly; lest there be more banishment from the house; “...Okay; honorable members; I would like to draw your attention to the top court and give a warm welcome to the Prince of the kingdom of Neverhas BeenBrok and members of the Middle Eastern Alliance from left to right: Prince Mota Mahagi of Mogabi, King Amok of Macadamia, Chief Mongo Bongo of Mondo Bonbo and Sultan Kafu Lum of Kafuslum." Gillberd points to the higher bowl where the delegates were sitting down. The higher bowl was a stable steel structure build with a circular wooden platform with a large wooden fence railing. There are five seats containing the the members. The first one is the orange tall leopard prince from the kingdom of Neverhas Beenbroke who Higher For Hire helped by giving him snow for his paradise skiing slope. The second is a short white goofy rabbit from Macadamia known as King Amok Valdez the Fourth. Princess Lotta L'Amour; the sexy female fox was running the country while he was on leave and probably doing a better job of it too. Baloo help her get rid of Trample; the vulture who robbed the people of their money through taxes and then blamed it all on King Amok. The third delegate was a grey hippo wearing green skirts known as Chief Mongo Bongo from Mondo Bobo; a place where diving off the cliff into solid rock ground was an Olympic sport. Don't ask why; it's an odd country to see. Baloo helped him with the injury bug by providing them with umbrellas. The fourth delegate was a short bengal tiger Sultan Kafusa Lum who was the king of Kafusalum. Baloo and Kit returned a useless idol which looked like a gargoyle for money that barely came out to three cents on the dollar. The fifth is Prince Motal Mogabi who was a red cardinal from the country of Mogabi which is mainly a Cardinal ruling nation. All five countries were part of the Middle Eastern Alliance; a group which does trade together with each other. All the members of the Middle Eastern Alliance stood up and waved to the MP's as the MP's clapped their hands in unison and stood up as well in a show of respect. The Middle Eastern Alliance all stood up and showed respect back even though in the back of their minds; they saw this as a hypocritical act. As this was going on; Jaro and Tory entered the house from the SCRUM hallway and walked down the theater like columns until they were near Jinet which was the first MP on the left in the first row, first column. The ovation lasted about five minutes before everyone sat down once again and calmed down completely which surprised Gillberd a little bit.

"The members present will be giving a presentation on Middle Eastern and democratic rule in the second floor of the House of Commons Library at 7:35 PM tonight. All members and press are welcome to attend. The public is allowed; but seating is limited on a first-come, first served basis...And that is all for Question Period today.” Gillberd proclaimed as some members were childishly shouting more at Gillberd; “ I would require that all members stay seated for now.." That was delivered with some anger as the members were silent rather quickly. Jinet sits down and looks to his left to see that Jaro and Tory were staring at him.

"[What are you doing here?! This is a poor time to be conflicting _my_ interests here...]" Jinet whispered to them looking angry. He didn't want to be bothered and quite frankly; public servants weren't supposed to be talking to the prime minister during business.

"Before we begin the Orders of the Day; I went to remind the honorable members of the responsibilities of civil tone in the house...” Gillberd proclaimed bitterly showing the signs of anger and frustration that he restrained during the entire Question Period session. He was ticked off to say the least; “... While some members of the Reform party have committed acts of incivility; that doesn't give..."

"[Let me start first...]" Jaro whispers back.

"[Mine is more important...It concerns Oniz's cause.]" Troy butts in whispering.

"[Give me a break! You two are civil servants and should be working on guarding the air field and Miss Mecha?! Do you realize...]" Jinet responds under his breath cursing at the two officers as Gillberd didn't noticed that Jinet was completely ignoring him.

"...the right for members of the Liberal Party to display such behavior; myself and other parties included..." Gillberd continued sternly and strongly.

"[Prime Minister? Oniz cracked a joke...]" Jaro whispered.

"[Prime Minister? Christopher Aerostar's alive...]" Troy butts in whispering again.

"[First of all...I don't care about Oniz's jokes. They're harmless...]" Jinet snaps back quietly as he points to Jaro looking really ticked and then that clutch of panic kicks in as he realized that one of his officers just said that someone who was formally dead was in fact alive.

"...for if we do not show the proper civility towards the public at large; it can only lead to a breakdown in the democratic process and a..." Jinet said strongly and sternly. However; his conversation was about to be shouted down by an unlikely source as Jinet rises from his seat harshly.

" WHAT?! CHRISTOPHER'S ALIVE!!" Jinet screams out loud in a panic as the entire Usland House of Commons goes into complete silence. Gillberd was in complete shock and was unable to say his peace anymore. Jinet looked around and realized that he looked like a fool right in front of the entire house. He thought that Oniz was going to have a field day once she hears this. Jinet calms himself down and tries a peaceful comeback; "Mr. Speaker; I apologize for my distasteful conduct. I was shocked to hear that someone who was supposed to be dead is alive and well today. I'm sorry for my comments and I shouldn't have screamed. Thank you for your concern Mr. Speaker." Jinet sits down quickly as Gillberd just stared at him as he couldn't respond. There was low mumbling about what Jinet screamed out; but nothing much came of it.

"All right..” Gillberd said as he nodded for anyone who didn't need to be here to leave when ready as about 145 MP's left the house floor via the second floor doors from the sitting area. Gillberd decided to move on and forget what just happened since he didn't want to trouble himself with the prime minister of Usland who was his boss; “...being 4:05 PM local time; the house will proceed with Orders of the Day.” Page #1 stands up and gives him the first document to read; “ We'll start with Proceduces...First; Government responses..the honorable Parlamentaly Sect. to the Government House Leader..." Gillberd sits down as a medium build black cougar fury wearing a black suit, red shirt, red pants and brown tie stands up before the house. He was the MP for Antario-Ajax and was known as Elad Sanchez; a former church minister for the White Phoenix Church of God. He was also sitting right next to Jinet.

"Mr. Speaker; I submit to the house under Section 71.1 b (ii) the government's responses to 30 petitions." Elad said reading from his documents. He sits down as Page #2 takes the documents from Elad and walks over and gives them to Gillberd. Gillberd stands up and puts them on his right side of the speaker's chair.

"Reports from Interparliemental Delegations..." Gillberd asked and there was no response. Jinet wasn't interested in boring government business. He wanted to know if Christopher AeroStar was really alive and well. He knew that Oniz Mecha was the only one who knew about Christopher AeroStar well enough to know that information.

"[Now you two...get back to your posts! I'll deal with Oniz Mecha.]" Jinet demanded quietly.

"[Right!]" Jaro and Troy whispered back saluting him and they exit along with the other MP's. Elad taps on Jinet's shoulder who was overhearing the whispering.

"[Yes Elad?]" Jinet asked quietly.

"[Do you want me to send a release of a statement concerning Christopher AeroStar?]" Elad asked quietly.

"...Reports from Commitees..." Gillberd called out loudly.

"[Not until I see Oniz Mecha. I want to make sure that the Reform party isn't using it as a ruse.]" Jinet proclaimed quietly. He wasn't sure since he didn't want to take any chances. He knew that the orphanage lobby wouldn't be pleased at all if Christopher AeroStar because some in the know believed that Christopher was a witness to the butterbox babies being exposed in the first place.

"[Yes sir...However don't you think that...]" Elad asked quietly.

"..The honorable member for Cape Suzette-East.." Gillberd pointed out as he sat down and a small beige monkey wearing a brown suit, brown tie, brown pants, glasses and brown wing-tipped shoes stood up before the house. He was the critic for Justice and Safety and was the MP for Cape Suzette East known as Calvin McTerrance who was an expert on firearm safety and was a member of the National Firearms Assoc.

"Thank you Mr. Speaker; readying to Standing Order 78.1; I present the response of the Reform party in accordance to bill C-8; amendments to the Usland Firearms Act; with its own amendments. I think you will find consent that the amendments be concurred with the debate..." Calvin said as Gillberd stands up before he can speak any further and Calvin decides to sit down at once for fear that he would be banished.

"I should remind the honorable member that consent can only be considered by filing a motion.” Gillberd said gleefully. He was relieved that the only infraction was the failure to file a motion rather than yelling and screaming; “ The report will be allowed otherwise...Reports from Special Committees...."

"[No but...We cannot allow this _truth_ to spread like wildfire or we're in trouble. You take over business here...]" Jinet said quietly as he stands up.

"[All right sir!]" Elad said quietly back saluting him as Jinet walks upstairs and exits the commons the same way as the rest of the MP's. He was fishing for some whoppers...or the ugly truth. Either way; he wasn't going to like what he finds.

"Motions..” Gillberd asked and he points to Calvin again this time; “..The honorable member for Cape Suzette East."

"Thank you Mr. Speaker...I think that you will find consent in this house that the amendments be concurred with the debate on Government Orders." Calvin proclaimed strongly as he sits down quickly.

"Is there consent in this house for this motion?” Gillberd asked and one loud voice shouts out no. Government House rules say that constent must be agreed to all members currently sitting in the house at the time of the motion; “ Nope...the honorable Parl. Sect. to the Government House Leader..." Gillberd sits down again as Elad once again stands up.

"Mr Speaker; if you find consent to Standing Order 78.15; then the questions shall be allowed to stand." Elad said quickly and sits down quietly.

"Agreed?!..” Gillberd asked and everyone shouts out yes; “...and so ordered...Presenting Petitions..." Gillberd said as he was feeling much better now that the House of Commons was back in order. Sadly; the process of democratic rule continued to march on at a snail's pace....

***

The business of the day was going on smoothly as the Liberal party wanted it to go. For Baloo; things weren't going smoothly in his mind either as he was walking towards the SeaDuck. Just when he thought he knew about Kit Cloudkicker; Kit throws him a screwball for the ages. He couldn't believe it. He was the son and grandson of two men who brought peace to the land and he was placed in an orphanage for whom believed that killing weak babies was in accordance with God himself. Baloo was scared as well; because Oniz and all of Wesdon don't even know that Kit was an ex-pirate. In fact; only a select few know of Kit's past in any length. If some press member found out and reported it as news; it could bring great harm to him. ~Kit's an AeroStar? Yeah; yeah...I know that flying was in the AeroStar's blood since flying was born. What I cannot flush is hearing that Kit was placed in an orphanage with a murderer! Oniz doesn't even know that Kit was a pirate. Kit doesn't understand that pirates destroyed parts of Wesdon and it took a year to rebuild. Wesdon doesn't take kind to pirates; even ex-ones...!~ Baloo thought with great concern. The pirates before Don Karnage was their captain (the captain was Ramon Karnage who was Don's father and Don was even forced on as a member) nearly burned Wesdon to the ground with a massive Flamethrower that made even the Lightning Gun look tame in massive power. Baloo was in sorrow; but Kit and Gustove were not as they exit the Commons' building together as they were talking about otherwise unimportant stuff.

"From what I'm hearing; Rebecca's one tough female." Gustove said smiling at him.

"She is....think about it...No more squid." Kit said with a sheepish grin on his face.

"I'd love to see her eat one..maybe even a whale..." Gustove declared which caused Kit to frown.

"One of my best friend's a whale." Kit admitted as he was friends with a whale called Moby Dimple. Moby Dimple was a whale who was escaped an animal trainer named Mr. Seymour who was treating his animals badly at a animal circus show featuring marine animals. Kit and Baloo managed to expose Mr. Seymour's dirty and unethical ways to the police and the inspectors before any more animals were hurt. Moby Dimple is now in the ocean free as a bird. Baloo was listening to the conversation and wondered to himself ~Dimple? I wonder how he's doing?~ However; it was time to go and that thought would have to wait unless Baloo starts forgetting about it himself.

"Kit?!" Baloo asked shaking his head.

"Yeah Poppa Bear; I'm ready to go.." Kit said.

"This place isn't so bad after all..” Baloo admitted still not convinced that anything Gustove does will make a difference since the power was too much to overcome; “..even if I don't like the government that much."

"Thank you Baloo..” Gustove said as he took a quick glance at Baloo before looking straight into the eyes aof Kit and kneels down; “..I want you to know how grateful I am that you are alive and well Kit. However; from now on, don't be afraid of adults. There was mature adults out there who are more than willing to help you most of the time. Rebecca's an adult too. Don't make yourself a stranger. It is more dangerous that way."

"Thank you Gustove." Kit said with a strong smile as the two furies embraced each other in a hug of love which raises Baloo's eyebrows. Kit almost never hugs a male adult unless it's his old Poppa Bear.

"I wouldn't believe it if I had seen it. Kit embracing a male adult..” Baloo said smiling; “..besides me.."

"I'll see you tomorrow Gustove." Kit said as he separated from the embrace.

"Of course...." Gustove nodded as he turned around and walked back towards the Usland House of Commons. However; now Baloo was worried stiff now. He was worried because Kit was talking about Rebecca and such and Kit might have said something about his past life that might trigger bad memories from Gustove.

"Kit?!” Baloo said harshly looking Kit straight in the eyes; “ Please go into the SeaDuck now!!"

"Poppa Bear?!” Kit asked looking confused at Baloo's tone of voice to him. He rarely was this way; “ You don't have to say..."

"Just do it son..” Baloo demanded harshly as Kit was stunned at these turn of events; “..It's important."

"Okay...sure..." Kit said nodding without any further questions as Baloo opens the door and Kit hops into the navigator's seat as Jaro exits the Usland House of Commons along with his officers as they return to their posts on the Air Strip.

"Umm excuse me Mr. Waladaze?" Jaro asked as Kit sits down and closes the door behind him.

"Yeah; what is it?!" Baloo asked looking annoyed at Jaro.

"Did _you_ adopt the young kid?" Jaro asked wondering out of sheer thought.

"Beckey's the official guardian.." Baloo answered as nicely as he could even though he still looked annoyed.

"I see..” Jaro states bowing his head down in shame it seemed; “..Take good care of him. He needs a father."

"He already knows...” Baloo said taking a quick glance at Kit; “..I got to be going now."

"Of course..” Jaro said nodding his head as Kit is probably a little peeved that Baloo was ordering him so suddenly; “..I just hope that one day you give government a chance."

"I'll probably die before that happens." Baloo declared bitterly as Baloo walks around and opens the door on the pilot's side of the SeaDuck. Baloo hops in and shuts the door harshly. He didn't take Jaro's suggestion too well and Jaro knew it from the start. However; he wasn't going to repent his belief since his was very valid indeed.

"As much as I hate Oniz's _reforming_; at least she decided to be a public citizen.” Jaro admits as Baloo starts the engines and they begin to roar as it drowns out most of Jaro's speech right there. However; Baloo could still barely hear him talking; “ Baloo; you have no right to complain about a democracy. Being a public citizen is the only way to have a voice that actually matters... Accept your fate Baloo; as long as you continue to be creating your own rules." Jaro could only shake his head in sorrow for Baloo's lack of respect for due process in government as he backs far away from the SeaDuck as it rides onto the pavement for a bit and than gains enough speed and altitude to fly up into the sky and away from the Usland House of Commons. It flies above it for a moment and then it was flying towards it's destination which was Cape Suzette and home. Baloo was flying and then he takes a quick glance at Kit who had his eyes sharp on him the entire time. He wasn't pleased with Baloo's actions back there.

"Kit why are you looking at me like that?" Baloo asked looking sharp at Kit.

"This is the first time you've told me what to do.” Kit said harshly; “ What's eating you Poppa Bear?"

"Sorry kid; but there are some adult furies in Wesdon who wouldn't take a second thought to kill an ex-pirate!" Baloo responded shaking his head admitting that he was really worried about him now. Many people in Wesdon weren't about to forgive Ramon Karnage or any Air Pirate who attacked Wesdon and the Commons. They saw them as terrorists and some won't treat Kit any different from them if people found out who Kit was in his own past.

"Poppa Bear?!” Kit responded looking down at his feet realizing that it was too late since one politician already knew who he was despite him not telling her; “ Oniz already knows I was an Air Pirate."

"Oh baby..” Baloo responded in a panic; “...How am I supposed to explain this?"

"Ab-lib...improvise...As you always do Baloo...." Kit said with a sheepish grin as Baloo could only smile at the boy's suggestion as the SeaDuck continues to fly well away from Wesdon. Rebecca killing his ear drums didn't seem so bad to him anymore now that Kit was in more danger since some have discovered that he wasn't dead after all....

***

Kit Cloudkicker was going home; but Oniz Mecha wasn't finished with her business of the day. Despite having a day off tomorrow; she still had to prepare for a vote that was going to go down in the Usland House of Commons. Plus; she also had things on her mind which included talking to an old friend of hers. Oniz was in her conference room sitting down at her desk thumbing her finger into her address book until she found the address card that she was looking for. The calling card was for Higher For Hire; the company she called to do the delivering of documents to Wesdon in the first place. The card reads in black plain letters: Higher For Hire. Higher As In To Deliver On Time and Hire As In For Money! 3617 Dock Edge Street, Cape Suzette, Usland Tel: (413) 175-9756. Oniz was slightly amused at Rebecca Cunningham's lack of irony to realize the greed she admits to

"Here it is..” Oniz said with a smirk as she puts the card on the desk and picks up the phone; “..Time to call an old friend of mine." Oniz Mecha dials the telephone number listed on the card and the phone begins to ring. Two rings later and a familiar female voice beckons on it.

"Higher for Hire; Miss Cunningham speaking?" Rebecca's voice asked professionally.

"Awww..You're actually in the cargo business.” Oniz responded sarcastically, almost to the point of mocking her with malice; “ You could have taken the moolath and become a politician. I see Finance Critic and loudmouth written all over it.." And as if on cue Oniz could hear the bad punchline returning to her: Bum-Bum-Ching!

"You haven't changed a bit..” Rebecca responded bitterly as she didn't like that joke at all; “..the jokes are still terrible.."

"Neither have you..” Oniz responded smiling; “..still a bitter girl."

"I haven't talk to you since you became leader; so you don't know _me_ very well." Rebecca responded sarcastically that made Oniz gasp in horror. That joke was so terrible that even she couldn't take the fact that she was upstaged by a stern little business lady.

"Gasp!! “ Oniz responded looking annoyed; “I've influenced her! That joke was terrible."

"Now that's being even..” Rebecca responded with sarcasm because she felt she knew where this was going in that Baloo was goofing off again; “..However; I suspect that you're calling me for some other reason..Let me guess; Baloo's late..."

"Since you love to yell about timing; I would give you the chance.” Oniz snapped back; “. If it were true..Baloo was quite early.."

"So it's not about Baloo." Rebecca said feeling a sigh of relief. Perhaps that fat irresponsible bear has finally been shown the way by Kit after all. At least that was what Rebecca was hoping.

"Actually; it's about your navigator." Oniz admitted which surprised Rebecca.

"Kit?! He's a good..." Rebecca responded as she thought that Kit did something wrong and Oniz was mad. However; there was no indication of Oniz being cross at Kit at all during the phone conversation.

"Kit is a good boy Miss Cunningham..” Oniz said in a serious tone; “... However; I know that he used to be an Air Pirate..I know that he's the kid who drowned when he escaped from the orphanage. Kit told me..." The door opens and Jinet enters the office of Oniz pretty much unannounced as he usually did. Jinet had little respect for Oniz since he labeled her an outsider who didn't know anything about politics.

"He told me too..” Rebecca responded with a sigh; “..Maybe we should talk about this..."

"How would you like to meet at your office tomorrow?!” Oniz said as she saw Jinet coming towards her and she wasn't impressed by this unannounced appearance; “ I have to go now... The prime minister is here..."

"Noon time is good for me...I'll see you then." Rebecca responded knowing that Oniz Mecha was busy; criticizing the government in order to make it better for it's citizens.

"Goodbye for now..." Oniz said nodding as she hangs up the phone and then stands up looking very annoyed at Jinet's presence. It was like poison had entered into her room.

"You didn't have to hang up prematurely on the count of me. I was just..." Jinet explained trying to justify his presence which was pointless and indecent in Oniz's own mind.

"Acting like a peeping tomboy..” Oniz said looking amused that Jinet would try to defend himself when he knows that he was doing it because she discovered that Christopher AeroStar was alive; “..I guess Troy cannot guard anything. The consequences of accepting Liberal practice.."

"Could be worse..” Jinet snaps back; “..You could be laughed out of the Commons for being a rebel."

"Why did you trespass into an office that was of my ownership..” Oniz asked sounding annoyed; “..until I'm outed out of office of course."

"You are weird and you are supposed to be quite normal.” Jinet responded smirking at Oniz's charges; “ As for my presence; I've been hearing from Troy that a certain boy who was supposed to be in heaven is still alive. Where is he?!"

"He's Christopher AeroStar for your information..” Oniz responded in a serious and harsh tone as if she was offended by Jinet's accusation; “..and he's returning to Cape Suzette. Point?!"

"That's it? No joke retort..?" Jinet asked mocking her and smirking. The great Oniz Mecha always had a comeback even if she wasn't joking. She was dead serious that Christopher AeroStar is alive.

"I'm not some right-wing moralist.” Oniz said getting into Jinet's face which wasn't exactly one of Oniz's better ideas; “ I'd admit that there are ten of them in my crew. However; they are decent furry beings."

"I'm sure they are..” Jinet said as he steps back towards the door; “..Anyway; I'm personally thinking that now that the boy is alive ;your little cause will now be seen as pointless..."

"Dream on elder of Kanata...” Oniz responded with bravado and seriousness as Jinet got his comeback after all; “..The proof against Badwin is too great to change the course now... Now please leave; before I start accusing thee as a peeper."

"Remember this Miss Mecha..” Jinet warned with a serious tone in his voice; “...Your past is your ultimate downfall. I'm going to make sure you never become Prime Minister...Good day!" Jinet turned around and walked out of Oniz's office with his nose in the air as if Oniz was beneath him. It annoyed Oniz for a moment; but then she returned to her desk and sat down.

"Jinet; you're right about one thing..” Oniz proclaimed as she looked at the picture of the fallen Gregory AeroStar; “....My past _is_ a problem..However; we all do have skeleton's in our closet too..Don't we?" Oniz could only smile now as she was in a train of thought as Monter Salaberg entered the room.

"Excuse me Miss Mecha?” Monter asked which broke Oniz out of her daydreaming; “ The voting is expected to begin in ten minutes."

"Oh yeah; I forgot all about that." Oniz said as she stood up. She walked toward Monter as she didn't look like the serious lady that she was in the Usland House of Commons. She looked like she was distracted at something.

"You seem distracted." Monter asked as they meet at the doorway.

"Jinet's been teasing me again." Oniz said off hand.

"I know how you feel Miss Mecha" Monter said looking somber. The whole experience with Jinet was so maddening that it was talking their toll on her and the Reform party.

"Let's go..." Oniz said nodding her head as she and Monter walk out of the office and into the hallway as they go towards the front and enter the Usland House of Commons. ~You wish you could feel like me. Then again; it's hard when you think you lost someone and yet he shows up unannounced. That's how I feel.~ Oniz thought looking at Monter who had his game face on and was ready to vote even though for the Reform party it seemed like a losing battle....

***

While Oniz Mecha was going to the latest vote on a bill in the Usland House of Common; the prison cell which Badwin Pentaknight was sulking in. He was waiting for someone...or something to happen to him that would allow him to break from the bondage of prison. He should be lucky that the real charges that would have sent him to death row were dismissed on a technicality.

"I'm growing impatient." Badwin grumbles loudly as he was sulking. However; his eyes lit up as a bronze cell key is inserted into the lock causing a click which made Badwin take notice. His sulking changed to a calm state as apparently he was ready to resign to his fate ~It's time for my destiny to begin.~ he thought with a slight smile. However; his smile grew wider before he was in prison as he never forgot the pain and suffering he inflicted on one Kit Cloudkicker. A boy with dream and ambitions that Badwin wanted to crush; seemly all for his sick pleasure.

** Your conduct and daydream is less than disgusting. Get me a chair please!! ** Badwin shouted out.

** Sir? This wooden chair is all we have. ** Mary Ann's voice responded.

** Good enough! Now hold the kid... ** Badwin responded angerly.

** But Badwin... ** Mary Ann tried to say to him. She thought that Badwin had gone too far already in his punishment of Kit and it only seemed to make Kit even more determined to prove him wrong.

** DO IT! GOD DEMANDS IT! ** Badwin screams loudly and self-rightously. Badwin was a demigod plain and simple and would stoop to any low to crush anyone who thinks he is not a saint.

** I'm sorry....my child.... ** Mary Ann could only say and apparently she relucently handed the wooden balsm chair to Badwin.

** Sorry?! HA! You should be cursing him for his lack of respect!! Child; this is going to kill me more than you!! ** Badwin declared self-rightously as he heard Mary Ann shriek in horror as the sounds of a wooden chair shattering loudly was completely engraved into Badwin's soul. He just smiled at the thought as he clearly had no remorse for his action against Christopher. He believed that his critics had no respect for authority so he has no respect for goofing off kids. His train of sick thought was completely broken as the prison cell door opens and enters Aio Bio along with a female, medium build white lion priest wearing a black robe with the white cross blazed on the back of her and was holding a bible. She was Clay Momat; a priest who often talked to prisoners on death row and in prisons. She also looked into conditions in prison to make sure that no one would do unto others; lest they were done unto them so to speak. Also joining her were two guards wearing green uniforms, green pants, black boots and green police like hats with silver badges on top of them. One was a from Wesdon and was a fat, short grey turtle named Carlos Etichaledge and the other was a very tall slender giraffe who had to duck under the top of the prison cell door in order to get in since he was at least three inches taller than the door himself. He is Dicy Megascrew and he's also from Wesdon as well.

"All right Badwin!" Dicy declared as Badwin looks at them with a bit of disdain; but does nothing to respond otherwise.

"Stand up!" Carlos ordered as Badwin stands up without question; or any counter whatsoever.

"Do you wish for a prayer before we go?" Clay asked nicely to Badwin. Despite his action; Clay was a true believer of the White Phoenix in the art of forgiveness; even if his actions were really unforgivable.

"Yes; that would be nice..." Badwin nodded in kind.

"Ahem..” Clay said starting the sermon; “...O'lord and graceful savior of fury kind; please show mercy and banish the sins of this wayward soul to the flaming pit of eternal death. May your soul be pure again..Amen..." Clay and Badwin exchange sacred vows as they were believers in the White Phoenix religion despite Badwin's demonstration of hypocritical actions towards others.

"If there's one thing that I was wrong about..” Badwin admitted which surprises Clay; “..is that woman priests cannot be good priests. I know better now."

"Thank you my lamb of God." Clay responded. The way Badwin said it though made both Dicy and Carlos cringe in disgust. It was completely sleazy in their view and Clay's turning of the other cheek was the only thing separating her from clocking Badwin because he clearly doesn't mean any of it.

"Good grief!!” Dicy said with a cringeful look on his face; “ Mr. Badwin; your wrists please?"

"Of course..." Badwin said as he puts his wrists up and Carlos slaps the handcuffs on him.

"Are you ready?" Carlos asked.

"Yes..." Badwin said without even looking at the guards.

"Then let us go..." Clay said as she offers her hand to Badwin.

"Of course...” Badwin responded with a smile as they hold hands together; “..I cannot let destiny keep waiting from me.."

"Oh dear!" Dicy responded as that statement was so pompus that he cringed the moment Badwin said it. Badwin, Clay, Dicy and Carlos walk out of the prison cell and walk down the damp cell hallways as the other prisoners were booing in their cells. To them he was getting off very easily. Was it freedom or execution?! To them it was the same. It would be justice served to them if Badwin rots in jail until God decides to put him out of his misery. Even the guards felt the same way and when the guards feel the same way as the prisoners; it should how evil Badwin was. Badwin was still angry. ~Seven years of having to have my reputation destroyed because I was doing what was best for the social fabric. I was trying to create strong children. Now thanks to that devious pagan; I'll never be a savior to the fabric ever again...I...will ...ruin...you....Christopher...Aerostar!~ he thought bitterly as they walk towards the exit which was a doorway with a bright light waiting for them. They cross into the light and they are now in the main lobby of the prison which was known as Wesdon Maximum State Prison which was 10 miles west of Wesdon. It was a large place containing a cement wall which was the cutoff point between the prison and the main lobby. The rest of the place was with stucko walls of white plaster and several rooms containing the people who were at their desk pushing papers and keeping track of the records of prisoners coming in and coming out. There was a main desk which was made of metal and contained shatter proof glass to protect them from out of control prisoners. Badwin looked around and it seemed everyone was gone on a coffee break.

"So; Mr. Pentknight..” Dicy asked; “...What are you going to do now that you are free?"

"Simple..” Badwin declared with bravado; “...build a monument to the return of Victorian values."

"I think my friend meant by was what is the first thing that you are going to do?" Carlos chimed in correcting Dicy's broad statement.

"Get a nice brewed cup of Lyndon tea.." Badwin said with a smile.

"Figures..” Dicy admitted deciding to join in; “..I love lots of strong black coffee."

"I would go for a glass of soy milk myself..." Carlos chimed in as Clay was unimpressed.

"[Gluttony...sinful behavior at it's worst.]" Clay said under her breath as she shook her head.

"This light feels so beautiful; this is what life is like." Badwin declared cheerfully as he raises his own wrists.

"Well; once I take these off your wrists..." Carlos declared as he takes the keys from his pockets.

"...you can finally enjoy your freedom." Dicy chimed in as Carlos inserts the bronze keys into the handcuffs and the handcuffs were opened as Carlos took the handcuffs away from Badwin's wrists.

"Thank you..” Badwin said feeling a sigh of relief as he rubbed his wrists; “..Clay? Are you going to join me?"

"I'm afraid that I cannot at this time..” Clay admitted feeling sorry that she couldn't join seeing Badwin leaving the prison; “...I have a phone call to make."

"I understand.” Badwin responded appearing to be concerned for Clay; “ Your family must be worried since you've been traveling from prison to prison."

"Thank you Badwin. Take care." Clay nodded at Badwin as Clay turns around and walks back into the prison hallway. She was looking for a phone in there and the rooms in the main lobby were locked.

"So boss; what now?" Aio asked wondering what his boss wanted to do.

"Nothing right now.” Badwin proclaimed with a giggle; “ I just want to return to my home.... [Christopher.. ..You and I will meet soon.]" He also added under his breath as he, Dicy, Carlos and Aio all exit out of the steel double doors which were five feet thick which was the main entrance doorway in and out of the prison. They were heading to the helicopter area where the press was going to be waiting he assumed. As for Clay; she walked down the hallway until she found a prison telephone about five cell blocks down. The prisoners were much more quiet now than when she was with Badwin. She grabbed the phone off the hook and began to dial a number which was more digits than usual. Apparently; this was a long distance call that was unlisted as well.

"Amber will be very interested in this news." Clay declared as the phone began ringing and she awaited for someone named Amber who apparently is a friend of this prison priest. Her name sounded familiar for some odd reason..........

***

.....It was inside a room somewhere on an airship in the air in someplace unknown to everyone but the crew that was flying the airship. It was a mostly dark room with a single candle burning in the ceiling on top. A metal throne was placed in the middle of the room with arm rests that could house a large golden teardrop cage which contained a familiar green bird. Sitting on the throne is a familiar looking female frog who was wearing a white sailor outfit with a red skirt and a black patch on her left eye. She looked really bitter indeed as someone has either wronged her or someone has made her mad for the sake of making her mad.

"Grease needs love..” the green parrot wailed loudly; “..Grease needs love...Amber?!" The green parrot had just admitted that the female frog was none other than Amber Boussard who disappeared months ago after hearing something earthshaking or so the legend was spoken of her.

"How can you think about this at a time like this?!" Amber said looking with anger at Grease who was a parrot that she was given after Marzipan passed away. Marzipan was a chef who was a direct rival of Marion Garr and even showed bitterness during the Great War since Marion Garr's medical condition was too poor to be drafted into war.

"Amber need grammar lessons..." Grease squealed back loudly jumping up and down on it's wooden rest.

"Stop talking in third person singular you pest!" Amber snaps back pointing to Grease and looking very angry. She wasn't in the mood today it seemed.

"Stop telling nasty names..." Grease said returning the favor.

"Grrr...I don't know what is worse..” Amber sneers back gritting her teeth and getting ready to kill Grease outright; “..The Air Pirates or you!"

"Don Karnage is stupid!" Grease responded as Amber is surprised and then she slumps down on the throne chair and begins to sulk. She was outsmarted by a mere parrot and was depressed that it could ever happen to her.

"At least you got something right..” Amber proclaims sulking; “..Don Karnage has been the scum of God's green Earthia for too long to count. My father's dead because of him. My mom's dead because of a stupid war and the Usland government has done nothing to stop the Iron Vulture...Now that Marzipan has passed on; I'm forced to take care of his parrot..” Amber looks down at the ground as a tall silver hawk fury enters holding a black telephone which the wires were running right out into the room. It is assume that the pirate fury wearing gray pants and a green bandanna with a jock strap full of bullets worked outside the throne room on a desk. Since he came in unannounced; Amber was really angry now; “..What do you want? I'm not in the mood for speaking to people or parrots?"

"Captain Amber?" The first mate asked looking scared.

"If I told you once Silverbane; I won't tell you again!” Amber snapped back violently; “ I'm to be referred to as Lady Amber Bossuard or Lady Amber..Nothing else; or I'll use my license to disembowel you! Understood?!"

"Crystal madam!!” Silverbane responded with a clutch of panic. He liked his insides thank you very much; “ Lady Amber; Priest Clay is on our airwaves now..."

"What is she talking about?!” Amber snapped back as Silverbane gave her the phone and Amber violently grabbed it away from Silverbane; “ I told her to stay away from me and research Badwin on any information concerning Don.....” Amber calmed herself down a bit and picks up the phone and speaks into it; “. Hello?"

"Lady Amber; I have some interesting news..." Clay's voice beckons on the phone.

"Excuse me Miss Momat..” Amber responded gently; “...but my orders were not to call me until you get Badwin to confess about dealing on the Air Pirates."

"Badwin just stated that Christopher AeroStar is alive and well." Clay responded in a bland monotone which annoyed Amber.

"I hate jokes Clay; you know that!" Amber snaps at her looking mad. She wasn't in the mood for any news that was shocking at this point. Don Karnage's actions have turned her into a bitter, broken down female who was willing to kill him for his action. If only she could find the Iron Vulture.

"It might be rumors; but Badwin was panicking." Clay said sounding more panicky. Amber than realized something. If the rumor are true, than it would be easier to just kidnap Christopher AeroStar and use him to lure out Don Karnage. Then kill both of them like killing two birds with one stone. ~If Clay is right then I can finally rid the world of the AeroStars for good!~ Amber thought with a smile which didn't look like a happy smile; it looked more like a devious smile.

“Clay? I have new orders.” Amber proclaimed sounding a little more cheerful; “ Check out where that lead came from and report back to me. I need to make sure."

"As you wish Lady Amber...” Clay responded; “..See you later..God bless." Amber puts the phone down and kindly gives it back to Silverbane. She was still angry; but now her prayers for vengeance might finally be answered.

"That kid killed _my_ father..” Amber said gritting her teeth and looking cross; “... He's going to pay and wish that he was still dead."

"Lady Amber?!” Silverbane asked looking scared; “ How do you know that this _is_ the kid?"

" Don has continued to mock me with how he managed to flush out my father.” Amber proclaimed bitterly; “ He used Kit Cloudkicker as a pawn in this game. Kit must die!!" However; Amber and Silverbane were not alone as a familiar white bear wearing black and gray samurai gear walks from behind the throne room as if he was spying on Amber the entire time. His icy white eyes was so meancing and he looked completely albino in appearance. If it wasn't for the slight ice blue tint in his eyes; you would wonder if his eyes were there at all. It was enough to scare Silverbane out of his wits.

" Lord Takahashi?!" Silverbane screamed out as he took about five steps back as Amber looks to her right and sees Lord Takahashi; the one who was supposed to be killed in the fight against the Seven Condemned Heros was still alive even though he looked completely different. Amber wasn't scared at Lord Takahashi; she was really ticked off that he acted like a peeping tom.

"You overheard me?!” Amber yells at him harshly; “ You have no idea what privacy is?"

"Privacy is not a right Lady Amber.” Lord Takahashi responded calmly; “ It creates terror."

"You're a _funguy_ to talk about criminals; considering that you are one..." Amber snaps back harshly.

"Don't you think that your support of me is?!” Lord Takahashi responded harshly; “ You said that Christopher AeroStar is alive didn't you?"

"He apparently is alive...” Amber responds calming down; “...Clay is currently checking out the rumor."

"Thank you...” Lord Takahashi responds with a smile; “...for ages I wanted to show the error of Usland's ways. That boy's father basically ruined Jepang into an Uslandian puppet state. Since Gregory is gone; I must invoke justice on his son." Lord Takahashi smile wasn't devious even if his intentions clearly were. He already tried to get the Asiyan countries to rebel against Usland due to his false meme (which used Panda-La's attack on Cape Suzette as a seed for the meme to spread into Asiyan) and his jealously that the Asiyan countries would join the Alliance in the Great War which he blamed Gregory personally for it. Plus; he hated Kit for destroying the meme and for defeating his chances to overtake Jepang as the new emperor and ruler.

"Hold it! You are merely my second in command not some ruler of a country!” Amber reminded to him since she was the leader and Takahashi was the bit player. After all; Amber saved Takahashi from death or worse for him: justice; “ _I_ get to chose the method and I think this child could be some help to us."

"For what?" Takahashi asked looking interested.

"Kit is an ex-pirate.” Amber declared; “ He must have tons of information from where Don lives; to weapons and so much more..."

"I see..so why go after this _Don Karnage_?" Takahashi asked looking confused.

"Think about this..” Amber proclaims standing up and looking serious; “..if in the event that we get caught by the Uslanders we can use our capture of the Air Pirates as a way to draw the denizens of Usland to rebel against the government policies. We can avoid bloodshed this way..."

"That's the kind of thinking that destroyed my plans in Panda-La." Takahashi said as he was frowning on the idea. Although the Pandas in Panda-La weren't above bloodshed as they used weapons of mass destruction to attack Cape Suzette in the first place in order to get the mayor to surrender. Baloo, Kit, Rebecca and WildCat basically saved Cape Suzette (which was seemly routine for them even at that point) from them. However; it was taken in Jepang as a hostile attack on their way of life by the Uslanders because of the poisonous meme.

"Well; that's too bad because that's the plan we are going with.” Amber snaps back as she looks at her first mate; “ Silverbane?!"

"Yes Lady Amber?" Silvermane responded nodding at her.

"Tell Aceship to set a course for coordinates 57,610 15 degrees SSW from our position." Amber demanded calmly.

"As you wish Lady Amber." Silverbane responds nodding his head as he turns around and exits the throne room. Lord Takahashi's look changed from calmness to panic. Something about those coordinates bothered him acutely.

"Miss Amber; that would..." Takahashi tries to explain to her but Amber sneers at him bitterly.

"It's Lady Amber to you..” Amber protests bitterly as she shows Takahashi the door..Now leave me!"

"Yes Lady Amber" Lord Takahashi states deciding that going against her would not be in his best interest; at least not for now. Takashi exits the office with a pained look on his face thinking; ~Those coordinates put us between Cape Suzette and South Choras. That's the sector where the Air Pirates constantly feed on. What is she thinking?!~ As Lord Takahashi is out of sight; Amber grabs the cage with Grease in it and looks at it with happy eyes and a wicked smile.

"Well Grease...." Amber began saying as she was waiting for a response from the talking parrot.

"Takahashi's a bum!" Grease shouts out with a high pitched sound.

"Agreed....but I would hush thy tongue..” Amber responds laughing out loud; “..unless you enjoy becoming poached chicken! Don you _are_ _DEAD_!"

"Don is Dead! Don is Dead! Don is Dead.....!" Grease repeats again and again as Amber just laughs with him. Don Karnage has finally met someone who wants to kill him and she's determined to do so and get away with it too..However; Amber knows that she will have to rely on a child to get her way to come through as the victor.....

To be continued....