Return to 50 Webs.

Rebecca's Diary

 

"Never assume someone as a happy person until you went through the same amount of time and suffering that the chosen one did... and only then will you and the chosen one understand the ture meaning of love and family." - (I made this one up!)

 

Part 1

 

~September 12th,1936.....

Dear Diary.....

Finally; I've been able to get to you after a week of soul searching and finding my ture dream and desire. And it has exceeded my prayers and dreams; plus I have found some ture friends in Baloo Bear, Frank WildCat and proably my favorite of them all; (Don't tell Baloo that; he might think I would take away his pride and joy.) Kit Cloudkicker. Even though many newspapers and radio stations have stated that Baloo and his imfamous SeaDuck had saved the day; It was really Kit Cloudkicker's quick mind and selfless attitude (something I will admit that I never really had in my life.) that really saved Cape Suzette and more importantly; his friends. Even if Kit doesn't really like to admit it. I wonder why that is the case? I believe that Kit is a confused young man, where one side really wants to open himself to others and be loved; while another side feels that he's being too soft and that he cannot really trust anyone. He is so mature (almost full adult with the hint of child still left in him; which is pretty typical to children who have grown up too soon. Darn you Depression!); that he can be frightening. Today; I pretty much got just a small sample of Kit's dark and frightening past that would make just about anyone sick to their guts; not to mention scar the innocence of an orphan bearcub.....~

 

*** Cape Suzette; six hours after the battle..... ***

It was over.... Don Karnage and his Air Pirates were defeated and the threat to Cape Suzette was stopped cold by the unknown. Shere Kahn knew that many questions would be asked on the wisdom of the Sub-Electronic Power Ampifiler as a power source since it *was* the prime ingredient in the creation of the Lightning Gun. Although no lives were lost in the epic struggle; a lot of damage was done to the city and to a lot of peoples lives. Since Don Karnage and his band of cowards managed to escape capture; the victory of defeating the pirates was considered hollow at best..... Like Baloo really cared out that right now.

Baloo's Conwing L-16 custom-build Classic was destoryed; a sacrifice made to destory the device that gave the Air Pirates the closest to actually plundering the riches of Cape Suzette. Baloo couldn't put his 'baby' out of his mind; as he moped towards the messy Higher for Hire office and locked the door from the inside. Rebecca saw Baloo go towards the office and followed him; trying to stop him.

"Baloo; open this door! Baloo!"; yelled out Rebecca as she tried to force the door open; but it was locked from the inside. Rebecca looked into the window and saw Baloo inside crying about the plane he used to own. ~Even if I own the plane.... I can't deny that he loved it so much!~ she thought sadly. Then she thought about Kit; the person she believed saved Cape Suzette from the invasion. She turned around and saw Kit Cloudkicker on the docks; sitting just under the "Higher for Hire" sign rolled up into a ball. Rebecca steps onto the docks and sat right beside the young bearcub and put her hand onto Kit's shoulder. Kit repositioned himself and shook off the offer that Rebecca had given her.

"Hello Kit"; said Rebecca gently;" I think it that now is the time that we had a talk."

"What is there to talk about?" asked Kit.

"Well;" Rebecca said firmly; but not in the stern manner that she normally puts on;" You saved my life, my daughter's live and Baloo's life; for starters."

"And I made everyone think that I betrayed them!" Kit said angerly.

"What do you mean by that?" Rebecca asked sharply.

"Look around you!" Kit turned around and pointed to Miss Cunningham some of the building which were damaged in the battle;" Look at all those buildings out there! I caused all this damage... I tried to do what is right and I almost caused the destruction of the city. How can you praise me considering what I've done?!"

"Now you listen here young man!" Rebecca said angerly letting her words sting right into Kit's face;" It wouldn't have made a heck of a difference if you had followed Baloo's advice.... Don would have found Molly and you and killed us all.... Cape Suzette would've been destoryed a lot sooner and no one would've been able to stop them... YOU GAVE US A CHANCE!" As she said this; tears came streaming down Kit's cheeks.

"What kind of excuse is that?!" Kit asked sniffling a bit. That was a huge mistake...

"It is no excuse Kit! Don Karnage kidnapped us! Don Karnage captured us! Don Karnage attacked the city! You saved us; Kit! I cannot believe that you can't get that into your head."; Rebecca puffed as she ended her statement. Her anger was very different from her anger with Baloo; there was a huge dash of compassion in her voice. She wasn't angry because Kit was being bad; but because Kit was feeling sorry for something that he didn't do. Kit was sobbing quietly and tear were flowing down.

"Look Kit; I do forgive you, not that you did anything wrong to begin with." Rebecca said gently to him as she and Kit embraced each other; although Kit didn't realized that he was hugging the boss.

"Why do you forgive me?!"

"Because I want to and besides; I like you for crying out loud!" Rebecca said with a half-laugh;" Kit; I'm sorry that I yelled at you; but I just don't like it when people feel sorry for themselves."

"You do?" Kit asked sniffling looking up at her.

"Of course I do......always;" Rebecca said with a wink. Kit suddenly realized it....

"You knew that I was a troubled person from the start; didn't ya?" Kit asked again.

Rebecca smiled;" Yes I did."

"How?"

"Well; your sweater for one thing and the way you dealt with Baloo;" Rebecca said with a half-hearted laugh;" You couldn't have spent more than a couple of days with him considering that you're competely opposite to him."

"I met him a day before I met you... and I have a huge debt to pay for him." Kit said shedding another tear;" I just don't have the skill to be in a family."

"Kit.... I'm not going to say that I know how you feel because I'd be lying to myself;" Rebecca said with concern.

"Becky?"; Kit asked with no mock in his voice. A split second later; he realized his mistake;" Uh... I mean Miss..."

Rebecca interrupted;" It's all right honey; we've all been in complete shock over the last day or so."

Kit look straight into Rebecca's eyes with the tears blinding him;" I don't expect you to know how I feel.... I'm an orphan; a drifting runaway orphan!" Kit tried to hold back his tears; feeling quite embrassed but he couldn't. He looked towards the narrow ridge that opens the entrance to Cape Suzette; crying very softly. It was the first time he really cried in quite a while; considering what he has been through even before meeting Baloo and even Don Karnage. However; Kit couldn't reveal that dark cloud that he's been trying to kick away from his life. It was too upsetting for him.

Rebecca was surprised for the first time as well; she had never realize how Kit could've survive the time of the darkness known as the Depression. Cape Suzette has suffered the least of that dark period so far; but even they have been hit quite hard, concerning the lives of many to be ruined.

"Oh; you poor thing!" Rebecca said sadly; hugging him and stroking his hair on the top;" How long have you been unhappy?"

"Pretty much all of my life; or at least what I can remember. I've never been really happy"; Kit said to no one in particular;" The first thing I remember from my life was being in an orphanage in Wesdon. No adults ever told me what happened to my family; and most of them didn't really care about answering that question. However; I found out that at least one person was more than just insentive."

"Yes? Go on...."

"One day; about five years ago, I decided to explore around the orphanage a bit even though we were never allowed outside the limits unless it was for instruction only. At any rate; I went downstairs and saw a room where the person who I don't know who his name come out of and I was very curious. I went into the room and look around and was overwhelm by a very bad smell. There was a table and I leaped onto a chair so that I could see what was on the table....." Kit started to shed tears again.

"Don't worry honey;" Rebecca reassured him;" Nobody's gonna hurt you while I'm here."

Kit felt sadder; however, he continued;" I saw at least eight boxes about the size big enough to hold babies."

Rebecca felt puzzled; but something in her mind felt that she heard about this before;" Why the size of babies; Kit?" she asked.

"I took a look inside; and saw eight babies. They weren't not moving and smelled very badly; but not the type of baby smell you'd expect. At least four of them had holes in their midsections and three looked completely..... you don't want to know. I didn't get a good look at the eighth...." Rebecca covered his mouth and she knew what Kit was talking about. Five years ago; the police found a man gulity of murdering at least 30 babies and placing them in butterboxes ready for burial. Many of the babies were very weak; and would have little chance of surviving in the Wesdon orphanage. The police found out about the murdered babies when one of the unknown nurses in the orphanage discovered the door to the storage area (where the dead babies were kept.) was open. Wesdon's reputation was completely ruined and most of the kids were moved to other orphanages.....

"Kit! Did you know who the man was?!" Rebecca said in a slight panic; gently removing her hand from Kit's mouth.

"Please don't do that Miss Cunningham.... to answer your question....I don't know; as soon as I saw that I kinda got this thought of absolute horror and I ran back into the orphanage room. I believe that I left the door open..." Kit heard Rebecca gasp in shock.

"Kit; you did it again!" Rebecca exclaimed partly in shock and partly in tribute.

"Huh?"

"First you save me; Molly and Baloo and then you prevented another tragedy from continuing;" Rebecca explained;" The owner of that orphanage was a murderer Kit; and he got caught for killing innocent people: 30 small babies!"

"I...had no idea; I got so scared that I would be the next... I made the decision to run away; even though I knew that wouldn't have solved anything;" Kit said sadly;" Two hours later; I played baseball with the other kids..... After the first homerun was scored; I told them that I would get the ball from over the fence. And I just kept on going until I found the Wesdon port and I threw my uniform into the bay. I hitchhiked onto a plane: Conway L-11 plane with Phoenix Sizzle Engine K-106 bound for Victor Downs. And that's how and why I left the orphanage Rebecca and my four years of depression began"

"Oh Kit!" Rebecca said as she once again embraced Kit from behind;"You shouldn't 've gone through that. I had no idea that you were in that much trouble...... I heard also that a child went missing the same day that the police found the dead babies; they found a uniform in the bay and thought that the child drowned.... It was you; but why did you run away?"

"Yes; it was me.... But I never intended to kill myself;" Kit said firmly;" I really don't know why I ran away; I for some reason had this unknown urge to be in the sky. Every 10 minutes or so in the orphanage; I always felt that my head was in the clouds and I got punished for not paying attention. However; when I ran away; it got worse: In the four years alone as a runaway; I've had to sleep under docks, in doorways, in hangers. Basically drifting from port town to port town."

"Good lord; I'm sorry Kit that you had to go....." Rebecca had a tear come from her eyes.

"Don't be sorry Miss Cunningham; sometimes it wasn't so bad. However; there were times where it was too cold; and other times I was unable to sleep because there were bullies and thugs around. I just couldn't trust anyone; each one has been the same....I've been beaten up many times and sometimes tortured for a couple of hours straight. One day; about a year ago, I pushed someone so far over the edge that he tried to kill me; and he would've succeed too if it wasn't for.... Don... Kar-nage." Kit realized just then how lucky he really was.

Rebecca was surprised;" Don Karnage save you? I don't believe that."

"It's amazing and its quite unbelievable; but it's ture;" Kit said back;" I was part of Karnage's gang for that year; and after about ten months, I was sick of them. When I heard that Don Karnage was going to swipe a 'teasure' as he called it from Shere Khan; I managed to steal it from Don and sell it later; hopefully to Mr. Khan. However; when Karnage finally got to me and tried to kill me as well; Baloo stepped in and saved me.......And I don't know why? Prehaps he felt sorry for me; sorry that I went through a period that I reluncent to tell anyone." Kit looked at the sky again.

"Or maybe he turely loves you; and wants to be your father...." Rebecca said in response.

Kit didn't believe that;" You really believe that? I can take care of myself."

Rebecca responsed firmly;" I used to believe that too Kit. Prehaps it *was* destiny after all that we both met; including Baloo. Maybe we're both just too stubborn to admit that we were wrong. I seperated from my husband because I was too stubborn to admit that I needed a partner to help me get through a period such as this.

"I'm sorry to hear that Miz Cunningham;" Kit said sadly; looking up into Rebecca's eyes.

"It's not your fault Kit.I just wish I could set a good example to Molly...."

"MOLLY! I forgot all about her!"; Kit suddenly yelled out now knowing what he had done earlier that day when he torn Lucy's head off.... Molly's only real friend outside of Kit and at least they had a history. Kit felt even worse now, feeling of guilt ran all over his face;" Rebecca; there's something I got to do. I've gotta tell Molly how sorry I am."

"Kit? Molly...she's on the western side of Higher for Hire. I think that she does forgive you already; there's no need to...."

"Rebecca? I've gotta to do it. To set a good example for her...."

"Why Kit? Why would you risk tormenting yourself for nothing?"

"Because I love her.... She reminds me of a kid sister I never had."

With one motion; Kit stood up and ran to the western side of Higher for Hire to look for Molly. "Just when I thought I finally knew that kid; he tries to impress me. And son; I love you too! And I also don't want to see you get hurt again." Rebecca said quietly as she stood up and slowly walked towards the western side so that Kit wouldn't notice that she was following her.

 

Molly was sitting on a pile of boxes looking at her beheaded doll Lucy; looking sad but not to the point of crying. She had been through so much over the last couple of days; almost to the point where she didn't want to be near anyone. Kit finally saw Molly; walked over and sat down next to her and said nothing for a long time before deciding to give it a try.

"Kit? Why did you do this to Lucy?" Molly said sharply; but to Kit's surprise, she wasn't angry.

"Molly;" Kit began with a tear in his dark eye;" I felt really awful for what happened to your doll. I'm sorry for pretending to betray everyone and I'm sorry for cutting Lucy's head off;" Molly then was surprised that Kit would say that and say it like he really meant it. However; she let Kit finish knowing that she couldn't let Kit off the hook that easily;" I'll do anything for you; if you'll ever forgive me." To Kit; this was a decisive blow to his tough-guy stance. However; since this was a six-year old girl who's proably tougher to handle; Kit would take that chance.

Molly started to smirk;" Anything?"

Kit knew she was planning something; but decided to take whatever Molly dished out anyway;" Anything Molly."

"Good;" Molly squeaked;" Because there are two things that I would like you to do."

~Only two? I thought Molly would ask for the world?~ Kit thought ~Maybe she has forgiven me? Still.....~ "What would you like me to do?"; he asked with a concerned look on his face.

"Well....." Molly began with her eyes blinking and a slight giggle;" When you get your licence-thingy"; Kit giggles slightly at the wordage Molly was using;" promise me that I'll be your navigator and only navigator."

~Although Miss Cunningham may frown at this; I don't see why I can't have a young lady be my guide.~ "Yes Molly; I promise to let you be my navigator. Cross my heart and hope to die; I've almost experienced it one too many times."

Molly giggled at that;" Kit?! You're funny."

"Yeah; I guess I am ;my soon to be 'World's Famous Navigator'. But remember Cupcake; it's a very important job to do." Kit told her firmly to let her know how true it is. But Molly shrugged it off.

"Hey; I'm learning from the best navigator in the world. And he's not even a teen-age." Molly responsed. Kit giggled again; but then remember the second thing.

"Kit; there's one more thing I would like you to do?" Molly asked sweetly.

"What would that be?" Kit asked back.

"Raise your left leg up;" Molly asked giggling.

Kit had no idea what Molly would want to do with him; but decided to obey her anyway. He raised his left leg up and Molly catches his by the ankle, forcing Kit to hop on one foot just to keep his balance. Molly started to giggle again.

"Okay; now what?..... Molly?"; Kit saw Molly's eyes begin the sharpen again and her cute face started to look somewhat evil.

"Danger Woman gonna give you a good time!" she said and started to rub her thumbs underneath Kit's foot. Instantly; Kit started to laugh; giggle and scream as he continued to hop on one foot while Molly conintued to tickle Kit without mercy. If she wanted revenge; she was getting it.

"NO! MOLLY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" Kit screamed as the two cubs continued their antics; Kit hopping/laughing and Molly continuing to tickle the poor bearcub and enjoying it; towards the front of Higher for Hire passing Miss Cunningham who looked at the two and put her hands on her hips. Wildcat also saw the whole thing.

"Oh Molly!" Rebecca said with a huge smile. ~She found his weakness~ she thought while giggling. Kit just kept on hopping and laughing without any self control whatsoever.

"MOLLY! STOP IT! I'M TICKLISH!" Kit screamed again, begging for mercy. But Molly just kept doing it; and kept that sharp grin intact.

Finally; Kit hopped towards the edge of the dock; with half of his foot only on the dock and started to finally lose his balance. ~How he managed to take it and not fall earlier is simply amazing.~ Rebecca thought as Molly finally lets go of Kit's foot; making Kit completly lose his balance and he fell back first into the Cape Suzette Bay with a huge splash.

"Well; well.... here's the toughest guy in the world and he falls to the oldest trick in Molly's book"; Rebecca laughed out.

Kit's head finally broke the skin of the bay and looked sharply at Molly;" Thanks a lot Button Nose."

"No problem.... Wildcat; can you fish out the ticklish fish?" Molly said giggling loudly.

"Whoa! I didn't know Kit was a fish too. It reminds me...." Wildcat was stopped by Kit.

"Forget it; I'll climb out myself. Thank you very much"; Kit said with a frown.

Rebecca was still laughing;" You should've seen your face! You know; maybe you do need someone to protect you from Molly."

Kit at first didn't think it was funny. ~Aww... she was only playing with me.~ he thought and finally started to laugh by himself;" It seems you're right after all." Kit found the ladder and climbed up onto the dock; his sweater and baseball cap totally soaked.

"Mollykat; would you like to see those alieron's that I keep stored in my shop?" WildCat asked.

~Hey! That's a good name~ she thought with a smile;"Love to WildCat!" she then turned to Kit;" One more thing Kit?"

"Yes?" Kit asked.

" I would have forgiven you even if I didn't want to do all that stuff. Mommy would've wanted it that way and I agree" Molly squeaked out as she ran with WildCat close behind saying 'Whoa' towards Wildcat's workshop. Kit couldn't believe it; he simply looked at Rebecca partly stunned.

"I told you Kit.....she already forgave you. Now stop tormenting youself; unless you want _me_ to tickle you till your fur turns red..." Rebecca said with a sharp happy-like tone.

"Okay; I get what you're trying to prove." Kit said worried. He simply hates tickling.

"Good. That's settled. Let's get you into some dry clothes and get you're wet clothes off before you catch a cold." Rebecca said with a grin;" After that; you and me can look for an apartment and have lunch together; on me.... Deal?"

"Deal;" Kit responsed back. Rebecca was trying to be nice and trying to convince him to stay at Higher for Hire. The two bears walked towards Rebecca's car (suprising that it wasn't damaged in the invasion.).....

****

~To me; Kit shouldn't have to earn his living. But more often than not he does...... after hearing all that; I was more than convinced that Kit needed a home. Lucky for me; Kit's not afraid of hard work and he can force Baloo to rethink his habits... One day; I'll even consider Kit to be Molly's babysitter, since Molly needs a big brother. Hey; why not? After all; if Kit does rough up Molly even a little bit (I highly doubt that with Kit's respect towards me and Molly.); Molly can give him something to remember her by. We had a great lunch in town; I had a nice vegetable salad while Kit had some broiled fish and baked potato. However; I was surprised to find out that despite the fact that Kit had been alone for so long he had very good manners. He never talked with his mouth full; and he didn't eat too quickly. Pretty quiet indeed! One day; I'm going to find out why he has these great traits. However; forcing the kid to talk would make me worse than Don Karnage. After about a couple of hours; I finally found a beautiful, clean and large apartment for a pretty good price. However; I found out that Kit wasn't a big fan of pricy apartments.......~

 

End of Part One


(Editor's Note: Although Part Two is far from complete; here is a sample of passages from this Chapter. My fanfics have progressed very slow over the last couple of months because of the number of fanfics and fan art released on the website. I hope to do more soon.)

 

Part Two 

Preview

It was after lunch; Rebecca was driving her black old-style car towards the next task at hand which was finding an apartment. Kit Cloudkicker was sitting on the front passagener seat; still looking a bit confused. He couldn't believe that Rebecca Cunningham was treating him like one of her own children.

~She's not my mother and yet she's treating like I'm her dearest child. I wonder just how much love she really has for me.~ he thought without knowning.

Kit also had a change of clothes; he was wearing a bland white shirt with a sailor-like blue stripe around the midsection (It surprised Rebecca that it fitted like a glove.); but no baseball cap since it was soaked during Molly's little 'punishment' on Kit back at Higher for Hire.

Rebecca had put them into a garbage bag and assured Kit that once they are cleaned and dried; he could wear them again.

~ For some strange reason; that sweater seems very important to him.~ Rebecca thought. ~ Why can't I bring myself to admit that I turely love him. What's holding me back?~

The large city of Cape Suzette was beautiful; its 1930's skyline shined brightly in the bright sun. The sidewalks full of people and cars just after the battle with the Lightning Gun. (Like nothing had ever happened.) Despite its beauty; Kit had seen many cities during his days as a runaway and many times the beauty would strip away into what he knew all along: Street Pirates; Thugs; Insenitive Adults, take your pick.

"Kit; you haven't said three words since we ate lunch back there? We're almost to the apartment" Rebecca asked sweetly. Kit didn't say anything.

"Bec.. I mean.." Kit almost said the dreaded name again.

"Kit?! Don't be afraid to say Becky. This is not a business trip...." Rebecca pointed out.

 

***

~ After all that; I wondered if I've been too hard on other people. Kit had other scars beside these; but they were never shown on his chest and his back. They were in his heart; broken and shattered many times; I'm sure. His heart broke when he had to pretend to betray everyone just to prevent a tragedy to occur. Why would Kit risk his friendship and possiably his own future? I think I understand now.... something must have happened years ago that allowed Kit to develop something in his conscience; he knew that no one could ever make his do whatever those people forced him to do again. The bath was very cute indeed; Kit wasn't lying when he said he was ticklish. I guess he got someone back for laughing at him when he got soaked into Cape Suzette bay.

By the way; Kit will be staying in my apartment until I can open up the office again, and fix the upstairs room. He currently on the sofa; asleep. Hold it! I'll get back to you......~

***

Kit just tossed and turned; his eyes full of tears trying to hold back his screams; " DON'T LET HER HEAR YOU! SHE WON'T UNDERSTAND!" He fell out of the sofa continuing to toss and turn. Rebecca came over and tried to wake him.

"Honey; I'll listen. I'll understand. It's okay Kit; you're having a bad dream." Rebecca said gently as she manages to sit Kit up. Kit woke up and looked around.... he was on the floor looking at the beautiful night sky. His eyes were full of tears; and the only thing he felt was a scratch behind the ears. A good feeling as Kit turned to see his boss cuddling him.

"Rebecca?" Kit asked.

"Everything's okay Kit.... You were having a nightmare."

"I don't really want to talk about it. I'm not sure that you'll understand."

***

~ Kit had a nightmare about last night. After what he's told me; it seems that he's been in a distrubing cycle of volience and chaos throughout his life.....~

***

September 13th,1936...

~Dear Diary;

What a day it was! I thought that yesterday was strange; but what Kit has done is even stranger. At the same time; however, I just like the poor lad more and more (Actually I love him; but don't tell him that.) . I called up a friend of mine for information on Baloo's plane... The Conwing L-16 Classic as Kit mentioned last night; as there he refered me to the pilot inventor Calrence Conwing that in fact created and customized Baloo's plane and in fact still had the original custom plans for that plane. However; he said the plane would not be ready for at least six days. (Hopefully; Baloo will unlock the office before then since the new keys to the office still won't be in for a day or two.) I went back to the docks to check on WildCat and found out something else out about the mythical (yet frightening real) little young man.....~

***

 

***

~ Kit's skill showed no limits whatsoever. I am curious about what Kit means by being able to slice through the clouds on a simple little metal board. That's basically impossible. However; it seems nothing surprises me anymore. I'd like to point out our afternoon where me and Kit were somehow able to talk intellgently about basic business.....~

 


Return to Kit Cloudkicker Fanfics Page

Return to the Unofficial Kit Cloudkicker Homepage


Special Thanks to 50 Webs for providing space for this webpage. Click here to find out how you can get your free homepage and 60 Megabytes of webspace.