Return to 50 Webs.

Down By The BoardWalk

                      by Nina  Adams

Disclaimer: Baloo, Rebecca Cunningham, Don Karnage, Kit Cloudkicker, Molly Cunningham and WildCat are (c)1990/1991 Walt Disney Company and are being used without premission. The writer has made sure that all material represented here is not used for profit and is used with the upmost respect to Disney and the Tale Spin team. All other characters are the property of the writer.


     Summer  had  fallen  upon  Cape  Suzette.  And  Summer  break  was here.  The  kids  of  Higher  for  Hire  were  overwhelmed  with excitement.  The  family  was  a  whole  one  with  two  adult,  the  three kids,  and,  of  course,  Wildcat.  Baloo  and  Rebecca  were  planning  a two  week  vacation.  They  worked  on  clearing  all  the  deliveries and  made  reservation  on  the  ever  famous,  Coney  Island.  The greatest  vacationing  spot  of  that  time.

       Kit  and  Guinna  stolled  in  the  door  of  Higher  for  Hire hand  in  hand  with  the  biggest  grins  on  their  faces.

     "I  can't  believe  summer  break  is  already  here.  It  is  going to  be  great"  Kit  said  exaggerately  sitting  in  the  big  armchair.

     "Yeah.  This  is  our  very  first  summer  together.  How  do  you think  we  should  start  it?"  Guinna  asked  sitting  beside  Kit.

     "I  don't  know.  Maybe  we  could  go  hang  out  with  Ernie  and the  other  Jungle  Aces."

     "You  know  they  don't  like  me  around.  I'm  a  girl.  And they're  too  immature  to  except  me  yet.  Except  for  your  friend, Oscar.  I  think  he  has  a  crush  on  me."

     "You  think  Oscar  has  a  crush  on  you?  How  can  you  tell?"

     "Well,  everytime  I  talk  to  him,  he  gets  all  jittery  and says  he  has  to  leave  and  stuff"  Guinna  said  walking  into  the kitchen.  "You  wanna  soda?"

     "Yeah,  sure,  babe."  Guinna  handed  him  a  soda.  "Thanks.  That sounds  strange.  Oscar  having  a  crush  on  someone."

     "Now,  Kit,  are  you  gonna  get  jealous  and  go  on  a  rampage like  you  did  when  you  found  out  Dante  liked  me?"

     "No,  of  course,  not.  Dante  was  different.  He  wanted  you because  you  were  my  girlfriend."

     "Maybe  we  should  try  and  find  Oscar  a  girlfriend  so  he'll stop  pining  over  me.  Even  though,  I  am  flattered."

     "That's  a  good  idea,  but  who  would  want  to  go  out  with Oscar?"

     "Many  girls  would"  Guinna  said  sitting  down  at  Rebecca's desk.

     "Name  one."

     "Ah,  what  'bout  Rachel  Hayward?"

     "Rachel  Hayward!  The  junior  cheerleading  captain!  She  won't have  any  interest  in  Oscar  Vandersnoot."

     "Well,  It  was  a  thought.  Hey!  Where's  Rebecca  at?"

     Guinna  had  just  noticed  there  was  something  missing  in  the picture.

     "Yeah.  Miz  Cunningham  isn't  here.  I  wonder  where  she  is." Kit  turned  to  the  window.  "The  Sea  Duck  is  here,  so,  Baloo's here  too.  Where  could  they  be?"

     "Let's  go  check  it  out."

     The  two  cubs  walked  outside  to  the  Sea  Duck  and  peeked  in. No  one  there.  They  walked  the  around  the  area,  but  they  didn't find  either  one  of  them.  There  last  stop  was  Wildcat's  houseboat. Kit  knocked  on  the  door  to  see  if  he  was  home.  He  didn't  want to  barg  in  on  Wildcat's  privacy  if  he  was  even  in  there. First,  they  heard  voices  then  footsteps.  Wildcat  opened  the  door after  a  few  seconds  of  fumbling  inside.

     "Hey,  kids!  Whatcha  need?"  Wildcat  said  unconvincingly.

     "  We  were  wondering  if  Baloo  and  Miz  Cunningham  were  in here?"

     "Ah,  no,  man.  Nobody  here  but  me"  Wildcat  replied  obviously lying. 

     Kit  snuck  a  peek  in  the  boat  and  saw  evidence.  "Then  why is  Baloo's  hat  on  the  floor?"

     Wildcat  looked  at  the  hat  Kit  was  pointing  to.  "I  collect hats."

     "You  caught  us,  Lil'  Britches"  Baloo  said  coming  out  from behind  the  door. 

     "You  ruined  the  surprise,  kids"  Rebecca  said  coming  out  of the  bathroom.

     "What  surprise?"  Kit  asked  in  anticipation  walking  in  the boat  with  Guinna  behind  him.

     "We  should  tell,  Becky.  Their  gonna  find  out  sooner  or later."

     "Your  right,  Baloo.  We  should  tell  them  now."

     "Tell  us  what?"

     Rebecca  turned  to  them  with  an  upset  expression,  but  it quickly  turned  into  a  smile.  "We're  all  going  to  Coney  Island for  summer  vacation  for  three  whole  weeks!"

     The  kids'  jaws  dropped.  "Coney  Island!"  Kit  exclaimed.  "That's like  the  greatest  vacation  island  in  the  world."

     "We're  really  going?"  Guinna  asked  still  stunned  over  the news.

     "Yes,  we  are.  All  of  us.  Even  Wildcat  is  going."

     "Yeah,  man.  I  get  to  ride  the  fairestwheel  as  many  times  as I  want."

     "But  what  about  the  schedule?  Won't  we  have  shipments  to deliver?"

     "Nope.  o'Becky  cleared  the  schedule  and  we're  off  in  two days  for  paradise."

     "I'm  gonna  go  start  packing"  Kit  said  running  out.

     "I'll  come  help  you!"  Guinna  shouted.  She  turned  to  Rebecca and  Baloo.  "Thank  you."  She  gave  them  an  unexpected  hug.

     "Your  welcome,  honey."

     "Yeah,  your  welcome,  girlie."

     Guinna  ran  out  the  boat  to  catch  with  Kit.  She  ran  up  to him  as  soon  as  Oscar  Vandersnoot  was  walking  up.

     "Ah,  hi  Kit.  Hi  Guinna"  Oscar  said  looking  down  at  his feet.

     "Hey,  Oscar"  Kit  greeted.

     "Hi  Oscar"  Guinna  said  putting  her  paw  under  his  chin  and gently  raised  his  head  up  to  eye  level.  "Look  up  sometimes.  No use  staring  at  the  ground."

     "Okay,  Guinna.  I  won't  ever  look  down  again."

     "Hey,  don't  go  that  major  on  me."

     "So,  whatcha  need  Oscar?"

     "I  just  wanted  to  say  bye.  I'm  going  to  be  gone  the  whole summer.  My  parents  own  a  condo  on  Coney  Island."

     "Your  going  to  Coney  Island!  Cool,  we  are  too"  Kit  said with  a  big  smile  plastered  on  his  face.

     "Ya'll  are  going?"

     "Yap.  For  three  whole  weeks.  Man,  I  can't  wait."

     "Your  going  to  Guinna?"

     "Sure,  am."

     Oscar  looked  back  trying  to  hide  his  smile.  He  was  defiantly glad  Guinna  was  going,  but  after  what  happen  between  Kit  and Dante,  he  was  a  little  scare  to  show  he  liked  Guinna.

     "Well,  I  gotta  go.  I'll  see  yawl  there"  Oscar  shouted running  away  down  the  street.

     "Okay.  Bye,  Oscar"  Kit  shouted  waving  good-bye.

     "Bye,  Oscar."

     "Were  you  flirting  with  him?"  Kit  asked  walking  back  into Higher  for  Hire.

     "Maybe,  why?  You  jealous?"  Guinna  replied  grasping  his  paw.

     "No.  I  know  your  just  boost  Oscar's  confidence.  I  think  we should  find  a  girlfriend  for  him  on  Coney  Island.  There's probably  a  lot  of  pretty  girls  there."

     Guinna  gave  him  a  cracker  expression.

     "But  not  as  pretty  as  you,  babe"  Kit  came  back  giving his girlfriend  a  peck  on  the  cheek.  "Wanna  help  me  pack?  If  you don't  you  can  sit  and  talk  to  me  while  I  do  or  whatever."

     "I'll  fold  the  cloths  you  wanna  bring  and  you  can  pack them.  'Cause  I  know  your  just  gonna  throw  them  in  your  duffel bag  and  leave  em'  like  that."

 

     The  family  was  rearing  to  go  three  days  later  to  the greatest  vacation  destination  ever.  Rebecca,  Guinna,  and  Molly showed  up  early  that  morning  suitcases  in  tow.  They  had  bought dozens  of  new  cloths  for  the  trip.  Baloo  carried  their  suitcases on  board.  His,  Kit's,  and  Wildcat's  duffel  bags  were  already stored  on  the  old  sea  plane.  The  group  ate  a  lit  breakfast  than headed  out.  With  Baloo  flying,  Kit  sat,  of  course,  in  the navigator's  seat  sharing  it  with  Guinna,  Rebecca  in  the  extra seat  behind  them,  and  Molly  and  Wildcat  in  the  hold  playing  with their  toys.  Five  hours  later,  they  arrived  at  Coney  Island.

     "Look  at  this  place!"  Kit  said  in  amazement.  "It's  so  cool."

     Even  from  the  beach  side  airport,  the  gigantic  Ferris  wheel was  visible  and  they  could  hear  the  ragtime  music  from  the barber  shop  chorus  and  commotion  going  on  on  the  boardwalk.

     "Wow!  I  never  imagined  the  Ferris wheel  being  that  big,  man" Wildcat  exclaimed.

     "I  can't  wait  to  hit  the  beach"  Guinna  said.

     "I  can't  wait  ta  hit  the  hammock"  Baloo  said  yawning.

     "Nonsense,  Baloo.  Your  coming  with  me  to  go  see  the  sights" Rebecca  spoke  up  putting  on  her  sunglasses.

     "Awe,  Becky.  Wait,  who's  gonna  take  Molly  to  the  amusement park?"

     "Wildcat  is  today.  Baloo,  we're  here  to  have  fun  not  sleep."

     "Sleeping  is  fun  to  me,  Boss-lady."

     "We're  going  sight  seeing."

     "No,  we're  not!  You  are!"

     "Papa  Bear,  you  can't  fight  her  so  just  go  and  have  a  good time."

     "Well,  all right,  but  just  fer  today.  Than  I  can  have  the rest  of  the  vacation  ta  sleep."

 

Next  Part  coming  soon…


Return to Kit Cloudkicker Fanfics Page

Return to the Unofficial Kit Cloudkicker Homepage


Special Thanks to 50 Webs for providing space for this webpage. Click here to find out how you can get your free homepage and 60 Megabytes of webspace.