Return to 50 Webs.

Colors  of  the  Past  Series

                      by Nina  Adams

Disclaimer: Baloo, Rebecca Cunningham, Don Karnage, Kit Cloudkicker, Molly Cunningham and WildCat are (c)1990/1991 Walt Disney Company and are being used without premission. The writer has made sure that all material represented here is not used for profit and is used with the upmost respect to Disney and the Tale Spin team. All other characters are the property of the writer.


    Part 1 - The  End  of  the  Begining

 

 

   It  had  been  seven  years  since  Don  Karnage  killed  Baloo  the bear  and  Rebecca  Cunningham.  He  didn't  think  twice  about  pushing them  off  the  Iron  Vulture  as  Kit  Cloudkicker  and  Molly  Cunningham watched  in  horror.  They  couldn't  stop  it  from  happening.  Karnage made  sure  they  were  being  held  down  by  his  two  strongest pirates.  They  were  only  children  when  it  happened- Kit,17  and Molly,9.  They  got  away  from  the  pirates  with  Kit's  crafty  mind, but  going  back  to  their  lives  was  hard.  Don  Karnage  disappeared. Kit  took  over  Higher  for  Hire.

      Circa-1948.  Kit  was  grown  now.  He  was  24  and  had  shed  the green  sweater  and  baseball  cap  for  a  brown  leather  jacket  with  a blue  henley  shirt  underneath  and  an  Indiana  jones  type  hat. Molly  was  16  and  turned  her  pigtails  in  for  long  golden  hair and  her  overalls  for  a  slim  sundress.  And  Wildcat  was  still Wildcat.  Their  life  was  going  good  until  an  unexpected  visitor came  back  to  Cape  Suzette.

 

    The  beautiful  orange  sun  rose  over  Cape  Suzette.  Kit Cloudkicker  woke  to  the  sound  of  the  old  SeaDuck's  new  engines. Kit's  eyes  flew  open.  He  sprang  out  of  bed  and  ran  to inside  the  open  window  in  his  bedroom.

     "Hey!  Molly!  Get  down  here!  I'm  ready  to  go"  Molly  called out  of  the  window  of  the  Duck.

     Kit  ran  down  the  stairs  to  the  pier  with  his  pajama  shirt still  on. Molly  turned  off  the  engine.

     "Molly,  what  are  you  doing?"  he  demanded  walking  up  to  the plane's  window.  "I  told  you  when  we  leave  for  Barlow  today  I'll give  you  your  first  lesson  after  we  leave."

     "I  had  breakful  waiting  for  you  already."

     "Of  course  you  would.  Now  get  back  get  inside."

     "Why  can't  we  go  for  a  practice  run?"

     "I  know  you  can't  wait.  I  know  how  it  feels.  But  it  is worth  the  wait  to  finally  get  the  controls."

     Something  was  stirring  in  Kit's  bed.  The  covers  were  moving. All  the  sudden,  a  toffee  brown  female  bear  popped  out  from  under the  covers.  She  had  silky  brown  hair,  shoulder  length,  and gray-green  eyes.  She  was  wearing  a  long  violet  nightgown.  The young  bearess  glared  around  the  room  for  Kit,  but  her  husband was  not  in  the  room.

     "Kit!  Kit  honey!"  she  called.

     "Down  here  in  the  kitchen,  babe."

     The  girl  climbed  down  the  stairs  slowly  and  went  to  the kitchen.  Kit  was  at  the  stove  cooking  an  egg  for  Molly.  He turned  to  see  his  wife.

     "Morning  Beautiful."

     "Happy  morning,  Guinna"  (pronounced  Gu-na).  'Happy  morning'  was an  expression  Molly  got  from  one  of  Kit's  friends.

     "Good  morning  Molly.  Hey  Kicker."  Guinna  sat  down  at  the table  next  to  Molly.  Kit  went  over  to  his  wife  holding  the frying  pan  and  kissed  his  wife  on  the  cheek.  He  scrapped  the egg  out  of  the  pan  on  to  Molly's  plate.

     "What  do  you  want  for  breakfuls,  Guinna?"

     "  I  just  want  coffee"

     "Are  you  positive?  I  can  always  cook  you  something."

     "Yes."

     "Okay."

     Wildcat  walked  in  the  kitchen  with  a  bagel  in  his  hand. "Hey  everybody."

     "Morning  Wildcat"  they  all  said  at  the  same  time. "I  found  this  on  the  Sea  Duck.  Can  I  have  it?"

     "Sure  Wildcat"  Molly  said  finishing  her  egg.                   

                                                                          

      

     "The  Duck  is  ready  to  go,  Kit."

     "Thanks  Wildcat."

     "Kit,  you're  not  going  to  make  it  home  tonight."

     "Why  not?"

     "I  don't  want  you  flying  long  straight  aways.  You  could  fall asleep  and  crash."

     "Alright  GG."  Her  full  name  was  Guinna  Gabriella.  Kit  loved calling  her  GG  because  she  hated  it.  "I'll  stay  over  night.  Your the  boss."

     "Actually  Kit.  I'm  the  boss",  Molly  interrupted,  "Ya'll  just run  the  business  because  I  can't."

     "We  know,  Molly."

     "I  forgot  to  call  Shawn"  Molly  said  running  into  the  office and  dialed  her  boyfriends  number.

     "She  is  absolutely  crazy  over  that  boy."

     "I  always  see  them  making  out  on  the  pier  all  the  time" Wildcat  said.

     "The  boy  better  not  hurt  her  or  I  will  hurt  him."

     "You  sound  just  like  a  brother,  Kit.  Too  over  protective."

     "I  promised  Becky  before  she  was  thrown  out  the  Vulture  that I would  raise  Molly  the  way  she  would  have.  I  never  go  back on  my  word."

     "Don't  I  know.  The  first  day  we  met  you  said  you'd  love  me forever  and  you  haven't  since."

     "And  I  never  will."

     Kit  walked  into  the  office  where  Molly  was  talking  to  her boyfriend.

     "Time  to  go,  Molly."

     "Okay.  Bye  Shawn.  I  love  you.  Okay.  Bye."

     They  all  walked  out  to  the  pier.

     "Are  you  sure  you  don't  want  to  come,  Guinna?"

     "Yes,  I  have  a  lot  of  work  to  do."

      "Okay."  With  that,  Kit  kissed  his  on  the  lips  then  ran into  the  Duck  as  Molly  started  it.

     "Bye  Wildcat"  Molly  shouted.

     "Bye  Mollycat."

     "Bye  Guinna.  I  love  you."

     "Back  at  ya,  Kicker."

     Kit  taxied  the  plane,  took  off  and  disappeared  beyond  the cliffs  of  Cape  Suzette.

The  next  day,  Kit  and  Molly  made  it  back  to  Cape  Suzette at  12  o'clock  in  the  afternoon.  They  docked  the  Sea  Duck  and walked  into  Higher  for  Hire  to  see  a  nightmare.  Everything  was out  of  place.  The  desk  was  turned  over  and  the  walls  were sliced.

     "Guinna!"  Kit  called.  "O!  No!  Where  is  she?"  He  ran  up stairs.  A  note  laid  on  their  bed.  It  read:

 

Dear  Keet  Cloudkeeker,

 

     It  is  me,  the  amazing  Don  Karnage.  I  have  come  back  for you.  I  still  want  my  revenge.  I  want  you  to  met  me  thirty miles  north  of  New  Fedora  tomorrow.  I  have  taken  your  now  wife for  guarantee  that  you  come.  Keep  your  eye  on  that  beautiful Molly.  She  is  quit  a  young  woman  now,  yes  no?  Please  join  me tomorrow  or  you  will  never  see  your  Guinna  again..................Don  Karnage

 

     On  the  Iron  Vulture,  Guinna  woke  up  with  a  tight  headache. She  sat  up  holding  her  head.  It  was  dark  in  the  room.  All  she could  see  was  the  cot  she  was  sitting  on.  ~ What  happened ? ~ she  thought.  ~ Where  am  I ? ~  Footsteps  started  to  come  near  her. They  were  getting  louder  and  closer.  The  door  opened  to  her room.  Someone  shined  a  light  in  her  eyes.

     "Who  are  you?  What  do  you  want  with  me?"  Guinna  demanded standing  up  fast.

     The  figure  came  closer  to  her.  It  turned  the  light  down  to the  floor  and  a  silhouette  of  a  wolf  stood  two  feet  away  from her.

     "You  know  what  I  want,  Guinna."

     "Don  Karnage.  I  thought  you  would  never  come  back."

     "Never  say  never.  You  know  I  want  to  have  revenge  on  your husband.  I  use  you  to  get  him  here."

     "What  will  you  do  to  him?"

     "I  will  torture  him  and  kill  him."

     "Thank  you  for  beening  honest.  Now,  What  are  you  going  to do  with  me?"

     "Good  question.  It  depends  on  your  decision.  If  you  chose  to join  me,  I  will  let  you  live.  If  you  don't,  you  will  go  down with  your  Keet  Cloudkeecker.  You  don't  have  to  answer  me  right now."

     "Even  if  I  have  my  answer."

     "Think  about  it.  You  could  have  a  change  of  heart."

     Karnage  walked  out  the  room  and  closed  the  door.  Guinna  laid back  down  on  the  cot  with  a  tear  in  her  eye.  ~ Please  Kit. Don't  come  for  me,  but  I  know  you  will ~.

 

     Back  at  Higher  for  Hire,  Kit  was  stirring  back  and  forth  in his  room.  Thoughts  of  Guinna  helplessly  being  taken  from  their home.  No  telling  what  Karnage  is  doing  to  her.  His  wife  in  the clutches  of  that  madman  made  him  so  anger  and  upset.  He  knocked a  lamp  off  the  desk  in  the  corner  of  the  room.  It  cracked  to pieces.  Kit  plumped  down  in  the  chair  at  the  desk.  He  buried his  face  in  his  paws.  A  stream  of  tears  began  to  flow.

     Molly  peeked  in.  She  saw  her  friend  and  guardian  crumbling into  his  emotions.  There  was  hardly  anything  to  do  to  get  Guinna back. 

     "Kit"  Molly  said  walking  up  to  Kit  and  putting  her  paw  on his  shoulder.

     "What  Molly?"

     "How  are  you  going  to  get  Guinna  back?"

     "I  don't  have  a  clue.  Look  at  me,"  he  said  standing  up, "The  great  Kit  Cloudkicker.  Ace  of  the  sky.  Air  Pirates  beware. It's  all  just  a  big  joke.  I  can't  even  go  save  my  own  wife."

     "This  isn't  the  Kit  Cloudkicker  I  remember.  I  remember  the Kit  Cloudkicker  who  didn't  care  if  air  pirates  got  in  the  way of  someone  he  loves.  Do  you  recall  when   you  and  Guinna  got kidnapped  by  Karnage?  You  got  her  off  the  Iron  Vulture  without  a scratch.  I  know  you  can  do  that  again.  I  have  faith  in  you, Kit.  I  know  you  can  do  it."

     "You  do?"

     "Of  course,  I  do."

     Kit  started  to  walk  out  the  room  fast.

     "Where  are  you  going?"

     "I'm  going  to  go  save  my  wife."

     "Wait  for  me."

     Molly  ran  behind  Kit  who  was  already  on  the  dock.

     "Molly,  you  can't  come."

     "Why  not?"

    "I  can't  put  your  life  in  danger  too.  Now  I  want  you  and Wildcat  to  go  to  Shawn's  house."

     "Okay,  I'll  go."

     "Good  girl."

     Kit  jumped  in  the  Sea  Duck  and  took  off.

     Guinna  woke  to  footsteps  again.  She  thought  the  worst.  A bull  dog  opened  the  door  and  lead  Guinna  to  the  captain's quarters.  He  pushed  her  into  the  Karnage's  room.  Karnage  was sitting  in  a  big  armchair.

     "What  do  you  want  Karnage?"

     "Please,  Guinna.  Sit  down."

     Guinna  sat  in  the  chair  across  from  Karnage. 

     "I  want  to  talk  to  you."

     "My  decision ?"

     "No.  Actually,  I  want  to  talk  about  us."

     "Us?  There  is  no  us."

     "I  don't  understand  why  you  stay  with  that  rancid  bear.  Me and  you.  We  could  be  the  greatest  team.  I  have  more  to  offer."

     "Like  what?"

     "I  have  more  treasure  than  you  can  imagine."

     "I  don't  care  for  treasure."

     "I  can  make  you're  dreams  come  true."

     A  smirk  came  over  Guinna's  face.  "Stealing  and  killing  has always  been  my  dreams."

     Karnage  stood  up  and  walked  over  to  Guinna.  He  placed  his paws  on  her  shoulders.

     "I  think  you'll  be  changing  your  mind  soon"  he  said  in  her ear.  She  jerked  his  paws  off  her  shoulders.

     The  bulldog  came  back  and  brought  her  to  her  room.  She  went in  and  sat  down  on  the  cot.  She  heard  a  crackle  under  her. She  pulled  out  a  piece  of  rumpled  paper  from  under  her.  She opened  it  up  and  read  the  message  written  on  it :

 

     If  I  had  to  run

     If  I  had  to  craw

     If  I  had  to  swim  a  hundred  rivers or  to  climb  a  thousand  walls

     Always  know  that  I  would  find  a  way  to  get  to  where  you are

There's  no  place  that  far

 

     "Kit.  He's  been  here."  

 

Guinna  stuck  the  piece  of  paper  in-between  her  skirt  and  her waist.  ~ How  did  he  get  in  here ? ~  The  door  opened  again.  It was  the  early  morning  guard.

     "Now,  what  does  Karnage  want?"  Guinna  blurred  out  loud standing  up. The  pirate  ran  to  her  fast  and  covered  her  mouth  with  his paw.

     "Shush.  Do  you  want  me  to  get  caught?"  The  pirate  whispered. But  it  wasn't  a  real  pirate.  Guinna  looked  into  his  eyes.

     "Kit,  Is  that  really  you?"

    " Yes,  GG,  it's  me.  I  disguised  myself  as  a  pirate  to  get on.  Now,  babe,  listen  to  me.  Keep  that  same  mope  look  you  just had  and  pretend  that  I'm  a  pirate."

    "Wait.  Can  I  give  you  something?"

    "What?"

    She  gave  him  a  long  kiss.

     "Thanks  for  rescuing  me."

     "It  is  my  pleasure,  beautiful."

     Guinna  walked  out  with  Kit  holding  her  arm  behind  her  back. He  held  a  gun  in  the  his  other  paw.  They  went  down  the corridor  to  the  plane  hanger.  All  the  pirates  were  at  breakful. They  heard  Don  Karnage's  voice  slid  closer  to  them.

     "Quick.  In  here"  Kit  said  dragging  Guinna  into  a  room.  It was  Karnage's  quarters  where  Guinna  had  just  been  a  few  minutes ago.

      "O, great!  We're  stuck  in  Karnage's  room."

     "No  we're  not.  Just  wait  a  second."

     Guinna  looked  around  the  room  lit  by  a  single  light  on  the ceiling.  She  glanced  at  the  papers  sitting  on  Karnage's  desk. Something  caught  her  eye.  She  picked  up  the  piece  of  paper  and started  reading  it.

     "Kit"  she  said  tapping  him  on  the  shoulder.  "Read  this."

     He  took  the  paper.

     "Captives  in  sector  4B-  Taylor  Ashner,  Baloo  Bear.  Wait!  This can't  be  right."

     "Keep  reading."

     He  read  some  more  than  blurred  out  "Rebecca  Cunningham!  What kind  of  list  is  this?  This  has  to  be  a  mistake.  Their  not captives.  I  saw  them  fall  to  their  deaths."

     "Maybe  it's  a  list  of  all  the  prisoners  that  they  had  on this  thing?"

     "No.  It  can't  be.  We're  not  on  the  list.  So,  how  can  this be?"

     "I  think  our  question  is  about  to  be  answered.  Quick!  Give me  the  gun."

     Kit  tossed  his  wife  the  gun  he  was  holding.

     "What  are  you  fixing  to  do?"

     "Trust  me.  I  have  an  idea."

     Kit  know  he  could  trust  one  of  Guinna's  ideas.  She  never had  a  bad.  Guinna  stood  flat  against  the  wall  next  to  the  door. It  opened  with  Don  Karnage  on  the  other  side.  He  came  in  his quarters  to  discover  a  loaded  gun  in  his  face.

     "So  grateful  that  you  could  join  us,  Karnie."

     "Come  in  and  shut  the  door"  Kit  said  walking  up  to  him.

     "I  assumed  you  were  going  to  crumble  like  a  cooookie  when  I took  your  wife.  I  guess  I  was  wrong."

     "Long  time  no  see.  Huh,  Karnage?  I  was  hoping  you'd  stay gone  with  you're  tail  between  you're  leg."

     "I  couldn't  stay  gone  forever."

     Karnage  reached  for  his  sword,  but  Kit  stopped  him  and  took the  sword.  Guinna  stuck  the  gun  up  to  Karnage's  head.

     "Now  we  can't  have  you  defending  yourself."

     "What  are  you  going  to  do  with  me?"

     "Good  question,  Karnie"  Guinna  sarcastically  said.

     "We're  going  to  do  something  to  you  that  you've  done  to  us many  times."

     "Prepared  to  be  kidnapped,  Karnie."

     "Now  Karnie.  While  all  your  pirates  are  at  breakful,  we're going  to  go  to  my  plane  and  leave.  And  if  you  say  one  word when  we're  escaping,  my  lovely  wife  will  shot  you."

     "And  I  won't  think  twice  about  shooting  you.  It  would actually  be  my  pleasure."

     Kit  opened  the  door  and  glanced  around.  Coast  was  clear. They  slipped  out  the  room  and  ran  to  the  disguised  Sea  Duck. Karnage  was  actually  corroborating.  The  successful  escape  wouldn't last  for  long.  A  guard  saw  the  scene  and  ran  to  get  the  other pirates.

      "I  know  something  would  go  wrong"  Guinna  said.  They  jumped into  the  Duck.

     "We  haven't  been  stopped  yet  GG.  Get  us  out  of  here,  babe."

     Guinna  started  the  plane.  The  pirates  were  showing  up  and jumping  into  their  planes.  Guinna  took  off  with  air  pirates  on their  tail.  The  pirates  started  shooting  at  them.  Guinna  did  her famous  Kurosawa  corkscrew  near  the  water,  but  it  didn't  work.

     "Kit,  I  can't  get  them  off  my  tail."

     Kit  finished  tying  up  Karnage.  "I'm  going  out  my  board  to try  and  stop  them."

     "No.  You'll  be  killed."

     "I  know  what  I'm  going,  GG."

     "It's  not  that  easy  for  you  to  ride  that  thing.  You're child   anymore,  Kit."

     "I  know  what  I'm  doing"  Kit  said  in  a  serious  voice  looking into  his  wife's  eyes.  She understood  that  that  meant  nothing  was going  to  stop  him.

     "I  love  you."

     "Back  at  ya,  babe."

     Kit  ran  to  the  back  of  the  plane  and  opened  the  back  of the  plane.  Holding  the  tow  rope,  he  flew  out  into  the  air  with bullets  blazing  around  him.  He  pulled  out  his  airfoil  and  stuck it  under  his  feet.  He  started  shooting  at  the  air  pirates.  He hit  one  of  the  planes  engines.  It  crashed  into  the  water. 

     "I  admire  you're  skill  of  flying,  Guinna."

     "Shut  up,  Karnage!  I  have  to  concentrate."

     "If  you're  other  half  happens  to  depart  and  leaves  you  as  a widow,  I  will  fill  in  for  him."

     "Karnage,  your  not  half  the  man  Kit  is.  Your  not  even  a man,  your  a  coward  that  has  other  people  do  his  dirty  work."

     "I'm  ignoring  your  insult  'cause  I  know  you  don't  mean  it."

     "Stick  a  sock  in  it"  she  said  sticking  one  of  Molly's  dirty socks  in  his  mouth.

     Back  outside,  Kit  had  managed  to  crash  two  more  planes.  The gun  was  running  out  of  bullets.  He  pulled  himself  back  in  the Duck.

     "I'm  back!"  Kit  shouted.

     "Thank  goodness."

     Kit  went  back  to  the  cockpit  and  looked  at  Karnage.

     "What  happen  to  Karnie?"

     "He  got  on  my  nerves."

     "Do  you  want  me  to  take  over?"

     "No.  I  can  handle  it.  I  got  an  idea  to  get  rid  of  those guys."

     A  string  of  bullets  fell  toward  the  cockpit. 

     "Hurry  and   use  your  idea  before  they  get  closer."

     Guinna  flew  toward  New  Fedora  that  was  only  two  miles  away and  in  sight.  The  coast  guard  saw  the  cargo  plane  with  air pirates  following.

     "Sea  Duck  to  coast  guard."

     "Coast  guard  to  Sea  Duck.  Come  in  Sea  Duck."

    "We  got  air  pirates  on  our  and  can't  shack  them  off.  Please get  us  some  help  before  they  crash  us."

     "Roger  that  Sea  Duck.  We'll  be  right  there."

     The  coast  guard  flew  up  to  the  air  pirates  and  started shooting.  The  rest  of  them  went  down  and  the  Duck  was  free.

     "Thanks  coast  guard."

     "Just  doing  my  job."

     Guinna  put  down  the  radio  and  turned  to  Kit.

     "Now  you  can  take  over,  Kicker."

     "Great  flying,  Guinna"  Kit  said  climbing  into  the  pilot  seat.

     "Thanks.  Great  cloudsurfing,  Kicker."

     "Thanks,  beautiful." 

 

      Molly  didn't  listen  to  Kit  when  he  said  to  go  to  Shawn's house.  She  called  Shawn  over  to  Higher  for  Hire.  Wildcat  stayed with  them  to  chaperon.  The  morning  was  slow.  The  group  was eating  a  little  lunch  around  the  kitchen  table.

     "Why  did  Kit  say  to  call  Shawn  over?"  Wildcat  asked.

     "I  have  no  idea.  He  was  so  worried  about  Guinna.  He  told me  to  call  Shawn  to  protect  me  if  anything  happens"  Molly  lied pouring  some  more  milk  in  her  cereal.

     Molly  heard  the  Sea  Duck  coming  in.

     "Sounds  like  the  Sea  Duck.  I'll  go  check"  she  said  creeping away  from  the  table.  She  didn't  want  to  face  Kit  after  she lied.

     Kit  could  see  the  cliffs  of  Cape  Suzette.  He  glanced  over at  Guinna  before  he  concentrated  on  the  landing.  She  was  sleep. She  looked  like  an  angel  to  him.  He  thought  he  may  of  lost  her forever.  If  he  did,  he  would  of  lost  himself.  Guinna  had  become his  everything  and  knowing  she  was  safe  gave  him  all  the  relief in  the  world.  He  dropped  altitude  and  landed.  They  had  thrown Don  Karnage  in  the  cargo  hold  the  rest  of  the  way  home.

     "Guinna,  wake  up,  babe.  Were  home"  he  said  gently  touching her  shoulder.

     "We  are?"  she  asked  opening  her  eyes.

     "Yeah.  You  want  to  carry  you  inside?"

     "No.  You'll  brake  your  back  carrying  me  in."

     "Naw,  you're  as  lite  as  a  feather"  he  said  kissing  his wife.

     "Now,  what.  What  do  we  do  with  Karnagy  back  there?"

     "We  relax  first  then  drag  the  truth  out  of  Karnage  about that  paper."

     Wildcat  and  Shawn  walked  out  to  greet  the  couple.  Molly  was hiding  somewhere  around  the  area.

     "Kit,  you  got  Guinna  back"  Wildcat  said  opening  the  passenger door  to  the  Duck.

     "I  got  her  back  safe  and  sound."

     Wildcat  helped  Guinna  out  the  plane.  Kit  jumped  out  after her.

     "Where's  Molly?"  he  asked.

     "She  said  she  was  coming  out  here  to  meet  ya'll"  Shawn said.

     "Wait  a  second.  I  told  her  to  go  to  your  house,  Shawn."

     "You  did?  She  called  me  yesterday  and  said  I  could  stay  the night."

     "That  girl  is  in  trouble  now.  Shawn  go  find  her."

     "Yes,  sir."

     Shawn  ran  off  to  get  Molly. 

     "Wildcat,  help  Guinna  inside.  I  have  some  business  to  take care  of."

     They  walked  into  the  building  and  Kit  went  back  into  the plane.  He  went  to  the  cargo  hold  where  Don  Karnage  was.  He  was still  tied  up  on  the  floor  with  a  gag  over  his  mouth.

     "So,  Karnage.  You  comfortable?  I  hope  not.  I'm  going  inside for  a  while  you'll  be  locked  in  a  closet.  Be  prepared  to  answer a  lot  of  questions  later"  Kit  told  him. 

     Karnage  just  looked  on.  He  was  acting  weird.  Usually  Karnage would  be  a  trying  to  escape  or  be  a pumpas  wind  bag,  but  he wasn't.  Kit  know  he  had  something  up  his  sleeve. 

 

 

     "I  was  thinking",  Guinna  said  putting  on  her  nightgown,  "Am I  getting  soft?"

     "What  do  you  mean?"  Kit  said  fixing  the  sheets  on  the  bed.

     "Well,  when  I  was  locked  in  that  room  on  the  Iron  Vulture, I  didn't  even  try  to  escape.  I  didn't  even  try  to  find  a  way out.  I  just  lyed  on  the  cot  and  sulked."

     "When  I  found  out  you  got  kidnapped,  I  actually  did  crumble like  a  cookie.  Molly  had  to  give  me  a  pep  talk  just  to  get  me started."  Kit  settled  on  their  bed.  "Gee,  you're  right,  Guinna. We  are  getting  soft."

     "I  don't  get.  After  all  we  been  through,  we  almost  didn't escape."

     "Yeah,  we've  been  kidnapped,  beaten,  I've  been  through  a  war for  goodness  sakes,  but  we  had  trouble  escaping  from  the  air pirates."

     "I  just  don't  get  it.  But  it  has  been  a  while  since  any action  has  happen.  It's  been  six  years  since  anything  big  has happened  to  us."

     "Your  right,  but  how  did  we  become  so  soft."

     "We  settled  down.  We  have  a  family  now  that  we  really didn't  have  before.  We  got  married  young  and  we  run  a  successful business  and  raise  a  teenage  girl."

     "Your  right.  We  are  settled  down.  That  teenage  girl  thing reminds  me.  How  are  we  going  to  punish  that  girl?"

     "Don't  make  it  a  big  punishment."

     "Why  not?  She  disobeyed  me.  She  should  be  punished."  Kit sighed.  "What  do  you  think  Rebecca  would  of  done?"

     "She  wouldn't  let  Molly  see  Shawn  for  a  while."

     "That's  a  good  one.  I'll  tell  her  she  can't  see  Shawn  for a  week.  Only  at  school  she  can  see  him."

     "When  are  we  going  to  question  our  hostage?"

     "Tomorrow  hopefully  he  gives  us  some  answers."

     "What  are  we  going  to  do  with  him  after?"

     "Send  him  to  jail  where  he  belongs."

     "Why  do  you  think  he  stayed  gone  for  so  long?"

     "He  was  hiding  from  the  war  probably."

     "I  wish  we  could  of  hide  from  the  war."

     "Yeah.  Well,  I  guess  it's  time  to  go  to  bed."

     "Good  night,  Kit"  Guinna  said  pulling  the  covers  over  her.

     "Night,  babe.  I  love  you  more  than  anything."

     "I  love  you  too,  Kicker."

 

 

     Morning  came  quickly.  Kit  was  ready  to  dig  into  Karnage  who had  been  locked  in  the  utility  closet  down  stairs.  But  first  he had  to  deal  with  something  he  didn't  want  to  deal  with- Molly. She  had  gottin  up  early  to  avoid  him,  but  it  didn't  work. 

     "Molly"  Kit  said  walking  down  the  stairs.

     She  almost  made  it  out  the  door.  "Yeah,  Kit?"

     "We  have  to  talk  about  you  disobeying  me.  I  don't  like  it. You  shouldn't  of  done  it."

     "I  know."

     "Why  did  you  do  it  than?"

     "I'm  sorry."

     "Do  you  know  that  you  were  in  danger?  And  you  put  other peoples  lives  in  danger  too."

     "Yes,  I  know  I  was  putting  other  peoples  lives  in  danger, but  I  did  it  anyway."

     "Why?"

     "I  don't  know!"  Molly  cried  with  tears  beginning  to  form.

     "Molly,  what's  wrong?"  Kit  said  putting  his  arm  around  the girl.

     There  was  a  short  silence  between  them.

     "You  can  tell  me  what's  bothering  you."

     She  raised  her  head  with  tears  streaming  down  her  cheeks. Her  hair  in  her  face.  Kit  pulled  it  back.  "I  didn't  know  if you  remembered,  but  tomorrow  is  the  day  Mom  and  Baloo  were killed."

     "Yeah,  kid.  I  remembered.  I  just  didn't  want  to  bring  it up.  It  is  hard  to  talk  about."

     "Well,  I  want  to."

     "Go  ahead  then.  Let  it  out."

     "I  miss  them  more  than  anything  and  I'd  give  anything  to get  them  back."

     "I  would  too.  But  we  can't  do  anything  about  it.  We  all have  each  other  and  that's  what  matters."

     "That's  right.  That's  what  Mom  would  of  said."

     "What  would  Rebecca  of  said  about  you  punishment?"

     "Your  gonna  punish  me."

     "Rebecca  would  of."

     "She  would  of .  All right,  lay  it  on  me."

     "You  can't  see  Shawn  for  a  week."

     "What!  You  know  I  spend  every  waking  moment  with  him."

     "It'll  only  be  for  a  week."

     "Fine.  Have  a  good  day.  Tell  Guinna  I  said  happy  morning even though  it  isn't  one and  tell  Don  Karnage  I'd  spit  in  his face,  but  I'm  late  for  school"  she  said  walking  out  the  door.

     "Now  time  to  have  a  little  talk  with  Mr.  Don  Karnage"  Kit said  out  loud.

     He  went  to  the  utility  closet  and  walked  in.  Karnage  was tied  to  a  chair.  Kit  turned  on  the  light  and  took  the  gag  out of  Karnage's  mouth.

     "You're  here  to  question  me,  yes-no?"

     "Yes,  I  am."

     "I  won't  answer  what  ever  questions  you  ask.  What  is  the subject,  anyway?"

     "This"  Kit  pulled  out  the  piece  of  paper  out  his  pocket. "What  is  this?"

        "It's  a  piece  of  paper.  Are  you  that  stupid?"

        "No,  Karnage.  What  does  this  mean  on  this  paper?"

        "Read  it  to  me."

        "Captives  in  sector  4B-  Baloo  Bear  and  Rebecca  Cunningham. What  does  that  mean?"

        "I  do  not  know."

        "Why  was  it  on  your  desk?"

        "I  have  no  clue.  Is  that  why  you  abducted  me  and  brought me  here  to  your  trivial cargo  business?  You  could  of  just  asked me  that  on  the  Vulture."

     "You  could  of  fought  back."

     "I  was  not  going  to  risk  the  chance  I  would  get  hurt."

     "Since  when?"  Kit  asked  sarcastically.

     "I  do  not  know.  I  will  not  answer  your  cukoo  questions.  I want  to  talk  to  Guinna"  Karnage  yelled  getting  angry.

      "Okay.  If  that's  what  you  want."

     Kit  trugged  out  the  closet  frustrated.  ~  Why  does  he  want to  talk  to  Guinna?  She  hates  him  as  much  as  I  do. ~  He  heard a  pot  on  the  stove  whistle.  Guinna  was  already  up  making  coffee.

     "Good  mornin'  GG."

      "Doesn't  sound  like  a  good  mornin'."

     "Isn't  that  true.  I've  had  a  rough  morning  so  far."

     "What  happen?"

     "First,  I  told  Molly  about  her  punishment.  O,  she  says  happy morning  even though  it  really  isn't."

      "What  did  she  do?"

     "She  broke  out  in  tears.  Tomorrow  is  the  day  Baloo  and Rebecca  was  killed.  She  said  she  missed  them.  And  I  told  her  we did  too,  but  we  can't  keep  living  in  the  past."

     "Like  we  do?"

     "We  don't  live  in  the  past."

     "What  do  you  call  our  talk  last  night."

     "I  can't  say."

      Guinna  was  getting  frustrated  herself.  "What  was  your  other problem?"

     "Don  Karnage.  He  won't  answer  my  questions.  He  says  he  wants to  talk  to  you."

     "O,  no!  I  don't  want  to  even  set  eyes  on  him."

     "Guinna,  please.  He  might  tell  you  his  secret  he's  keeping from  us."

     "All right,  but  I'm  only  doing  this  for  you."

     "Call  me  if  he  gives  you  any  trouble."

     "Yeah,  yeah,  yeah"  she  said  going  to  the  closet.  Karnage's face  lit  up  when  she  walked  in.

     "Guinna,  what  a  pleasure  to  see  you."

     "Listen,  Karnage.  I  want  you  to  answer  the  question,  so,  I can  get  away  from."

     "What  question?"

     "Why  is  Baloo's  and  Rebecca's  name  on  the  sheet  of  paper?" Guinna  shouted.

     "I  do  not  know.  Do  anyone  ever  tell  you,  you  look  ravishing when  your  mad?"

     "No,  because  I  was  too  busy  choking  them  to  death.  Like  I'm about  you."  There  was  a  moment  of  silence.  "And  I  don't  get what  your  fascination  is  with  me."

     "You  are  a  grand  piece  of  work,  Guinna.  We  could  do  many things  together."

     "If  you  adored  me  so  much,  then  why  when  I  was  a  child you  locked  me  up  in  your  slave  camp…"  Guinna  had  just  answered her  own  question.  The  memory  she  had  tried  to  bury  away  deep  in her  mind  came  back.  The  slave  camp.  The  paper  was  a  list  of all  the  people  he  had  in  slaved.  But  why  was  Baloo  and Rebecca's  name  on  it.  She  raced  out  the  closet  to  tell  Kit. 

 

"Kit!  I  know  what  the  paper  is  for!"  Guinna  shouted  running  into the  kitchen.

     "Did  Karnage  tell  you?"

     "No.  I  figured  it  out  myself.  Its  a  list  of  the  people  in his  slave  camp.  I  didn't  even  think  of  it.  It  was  the  memory  I tried  to  get  out  my  head.  I  know  that's  what  its  for…"

     Kit  grabbed  Guinna  by  the  shoulders.  The  girl  was  getting too  excited.

     "GG,  calm  down.  Now  explain  it  to  me  slowly."

     "The  paper  is  a  list  of  the  people  in  his  slave  camp."

     "Are  you  sure?"

     "Yes.  It  has  to  be."

     "I'll  take  your  word  on  it."

     "Kit,  we  have  to  go  there."

     "Wait  Guinna.  You're  jumping  the  gun  here.  We  don't  even know  where  the  island  is  located  and  you  haven't  been  to  the save  camp  since  you  were  nine."

     "I  know.  But  remember,  we  have  Karnage  to  tell  us  where  it is."

     Kit  grimaced  and  sat  down  in  the  old  red  chair.  "He's  not going  to  help  us.  Not  unless  you  can  persuade  him."

     "No.  He  won't  tell  us."

     "Try."

     Guinna  gave  a  big  sigh  than  walked  back  into  the  closet bringing  a  chair  along  with  her.  Karnage  grinned  and  Guinna  shot him  malevolent  expression.  She  set  the  chair  down  and  sat  on  it.

 

     "Let's  get  one  thing  straight."

     "I…"  Karnage  started,  but  Guinna  cut  him  off  putting  her  paw over  his  month.

     "Don't  say  anything.  Now,  like  I  was  saying"  she  said  taking her  paw  off  his  mouth.  "I  hate  you.  No,  actually,  I  despise you.  But  for  some  reason  you  adore  me.  I  don't  get  your fascination  with  me.  I  never  have.  Sixteen  years  ago,  you kidnapped  my  family,  imprisoned  us  in  a  slave  camp  than  murdered my  mother  in  cold  blood.  I  don't  see  how  you  could  idolize  me so  much  and  destroy  my  life  at  the  same  time.  Please,  tell  me a  clear  explanation  for  your  actions!"

     Karnage  was  stunned  by  the  speech  Guinna  just  laid  on  him. He  sat  for  a  moment  in  silence  lost  in  thoughts  about  what  his fixation  just  said.

     "Guinna.  I  cannot  explain  why  you  are  so  amazing  to  me."

     "How  could  I  be  amazing  to  you?  I  was  eight  the  first  time you  met  me.  I  was  a  scrawny  eight  year  old!  What  could  I  of done  that  was  so  amazing?"

     "When  I  first  saw  you,  I  thought  you  were  just  another small  child  that  I  would  send  away.  You  were  lined  up  with you're  parents  and  I  walked  up  to  you.  I  looked  down  at  you and  you  looked  right  back  into  my  eyes  and  you  handed  me  a paper.  It  was  a  little  drawing  you  did.  That's  when  I  know  I was  in  love  with  you."

     "Just  because  I  gave  you  a  drawing  I  did.  That's  it!"

     "I  still  have  it  too.  I  carry  it  close  to  my  heart."

     "I  don't  get  it."

     "You  gave  me  compassion."

     "I  gave  you  a  piece  of  paper  with  scribble  on  it."

     "Please  understand  Guinna.  You  understood  me  when  no  one  else did."

     "I  don't  see  how."

     Guinna  sat  with  her  face  in  her  paws.  She  didn't  know  what to  think  of  Don  Karnage's  explanation.  They  sat  for  minutes  in quietness  with  tension  growing  between  them.  Guinna  thought  of  the question  she  was  suppose  to  be  asking  and  finally  gained  the courage  to  speak.

     "I  came  in  here  to  ask  you  a  question  I  know  you  were gonna  say  no  to.  But  I'm  gonna  ask  it  anyway.  Bring  us  to  your slave  camp.  You  don't  have  anything  to  lose  or  anything  to gain.  So,  tell  us  where  it  is  so  we  can  get  on  with  our lives."

     "I  won't  play  games  with  you  anymore,  Guinna.  I  will corporate."

     "You  will?"

     "I  promise.  But  I  want  you  to  know,  nothing  will  ever  stop me  from  loving  you."

 

 

     That  night,  Kit  and  Guinna  made  plan  to  travel  to  the  slave camp  Guinna  entitled  hell  on  earth.  Molly  moped  around  Higher for  Hire   bored  stiff.  Without  Shawn  around,  she  had  nothing  to do.  She  wanted  out,  but  she  couldn't  go  anywhere,  because  of  her punishment.  The  anger  she  felt  toward  Don  Karnage  didn't  help either.  She  wish  she  could  destroy  Karnage  to  get  her  misery over  with.  She  walked  into  Kit  and  Guinna's  room  where  they  were discussing  what  they  were  going  to  do  tomorrow.

     "I  think  we  should  take  the  Stargazer  instead  of  the  Sea Duck.  Some  of  those  pirates  might  remember  the  Sea  Duck  and  I don't  want  to  chance  that.  Do  you  think  he's  telling  the  truth, Guinna?"

     "He  was  so  sympathetic.  I  mean  there's  nothing  he  can  do now.  He's  caught.  And  why  would  he  keep  trying  to  get  me.  He admitted  he  loved  me.  Is  that  a  weird  thing?"

     "It's  weird  for  Karnage  to  say  the  word  love  if  it's  not referring  to  treasure.  But  do  you  think  he's  really  going  to help  us?"

     "I  hope  so.  It's  worth  a  try."

     Molly  kinda  stumbled  in  wondering  what  they  were  talking.

     "Can  I  go  for  a  walk?"  she  asked  looking  down  at  her  feet brushing  the  hair  out  her  eyes.

     "You  know  you  can't"  Kit  said  standing  up.  He  grabbed  a ponie  tail  holder  and  pulled  the  girl's  hair  into  a  ponie  tail.

     "You  said  I  couldn't  see  Shawn.  You  never  said  I  couldn't go  for  a  walk."

     "It's  dangerous  right  now."

     "You  call  outside  dangerous.  Danger  is  right  in  our  closet. And  what's  going  on  around  here.  What  is  this  talk  about  Karnage loving  someone  or  something."

     Guinna  sat  Molly  down  on  the  bed  and  explained  the  whole story  in  detail. 

     "Your  saying  Mom  and  Baloo  might  be  alive.  I  don't  believe it."

     "We  don't  know  if  they  are.  That's  why  we're  going  to  go there."

     "What  are  ya'll  going  to  do  when  you  get  there?  What  if they  aren't  there?  Will  you  leave?  Will  you  free  the  rest  of the  slave?"

     "After  we  see  if  their  there,  we'll  go  to  the  police  and report  it."

     "That  doesn't  sound  like  ya'll.  What  happen  to  the  risk everything  attitude?"

     "It  apparently  has  fallen'  out  of  us  and  into  you."

     "We  can't  take  risk  anymore,  Molly.  We're  responsible  for  a lot  of  things.  We  didn't  plan  on  it.  It  was  fate."

     "Well'  I  believe  fate  can  be  changed.  Now,  I'm  going  outside to  hang  out  with  Wildcat"  she  said  getting  up.  "At  least  he understands  me."

     She  went  back  down  the  stairs.  Molly  started  grumbling  to herself.  Passing  by  the  closet,  she  heard  her  name  being  called. She  opened  the  door.

     "What  do  you  want?"  she  asked  Karnage  scornfully. 

     "Could  you  please  give  me  a  moment  of  your  time  my  little bearess."

     Molly  rolled  her  eyes  at  Karnage's  comment  and  began  to close  the  door.

     "Wait!  Molly  came  back.  I  just  want  to  say  one  thing  to you.  Please."

     "Okay.  Say  and  get  it  over  with."

     "Do  Guinna  and  Kit  tell  you  why  I'm  here  and  what  they  are planning  to  do?"

     "Yeah.  So.  What  do  you  want  to  tell  me?"

     "It  is  true  your  mother  is  still  alive."

     "That's  impossible.  She    fell  out  the  Iron  Vulture  with Baloo."

      "But  they  are  alive.  Trust  me  on  this.  Go  with  us  to  the slave  camp  and  you  will  see  your  mommy  again."

     Molly  slammed  the  door  hard  and  ran  out  to  the  dock. Karnage  had  planted  doubt  into  her  mind.  That  was  his  plan.  He know  exactly  what  he  was  doing.   Molly  wiped  away  a  tear  and went  to  go  see  Wildcat.

 

   

     The  sun  set  over  the  island  paradise  of  Tangelo.  A  big  gray bear  walked  back  to  his  bunker.  He  had  welled  for  hours  today and  was  exhausted.  He  fell  on  the  hammock  that  was  hanging  in the  small  hut.  A  petite  brown  bear  walked  in  after  him  and  lied down  on  the  cot  by  him. 

     "Hey,  Baloo."

     "Hey,  Becky.  How  was  work  today?"

     "Terrible.  I  had  to  do  inventory  on  nails  today."

     "You  call  that  hard.  I  had  to  make  all  them  nails."

     "Well,  there's  no  need  to  fuss  about  it.  It  won't  help.  I had  a  dream  about  the  kids  last  night.  They  were  all  grown  up and  their  lives  were  going  good  without  us."  Rebecca  started  to well  up  from  the  thought  of  the  kids.  "I  wish  I  know  where they  were.  How  they  are.  I  can't  stand  not  to  know."

     Baloo  rolled  off  the  hammock  and  put  his  arm  around  his friend.  "Don't  worry,  Becky.  Kit  had  to  of  found  a  way  to escape.  O'Karnie  told  us  Molly  was  all right.  You  know  Guinna would  of  taken  good  care  of  her."

     "And  Guinna.  The  poor  girl  just  got  a  real  place  to  call home.  And  Kit.  What  if  Kit  didn't  make  it.  What  if  he  did.  He lost  the  only  parents  he  ever  know.  What  if  Molly  was  put  in an  orphanage?"

     "Becky.  Calm  down.  We've  been  over  these  questions  several time  in  the  past  seven  years.  We've  done  all right  in  this  labor camp  of  Karnie's.  I'm  surprised  he  ain't  as  vicious  as  I thought  he  was.  I  can't  believe  I'm  sayin'  this,  but  he's treated  us  pretty  good."

     "Yes,  if  we  corporate,  we  won't  get  sent  to  the  burial grounds."

     "And  I'm  plannin'  on  corroborating.  I  don't  want  to  go  down there.  I  heard  of  some  terrible  things  that  go  on  down  there."

     "Sometimes  I  wake  up  crying  at  night."

     "Me  too,  Becky.  And  I'm  not  as  emotional  as  you  are."

     "I  wonder  if  things  would  be  different  if  the  kids  _were_ here?"

     "We  wouldn't  worry  so  much."

     "Worry?  What's  worry  when  it  comes  to  the  kids?"

     "I  don't  know,  Beck.  I  don't  know."

 

       Kit  brought  Karnage  on  to  the  Stargazer,  Guinna's  plane,  and set  him  in  the  passenger  seat  behind  them.  Kit  thought  it  was so  strange  that  Karnage  was  helping  them  and  corroborating  so peacefully.  ~  Maybe  he  has  given  up ~.  Although,  Kit  cautious  andyanked  the  rope  around  Karnage's  wrist  a  little  tighter.

     Molly  had  walked  on  to  school  and  Guinna  was  ready  to  hit the  sky.  Guinna  flow  so  Kit  could  navigate.  Karnage  gave  them the  directions  to  go  west  southwest  from  Cape  Suzette.  Which  put them  smack  in  the  middle  of  the  Indian  Ocean.

     "Are  you  trying  to  give  us  phony  directions,  Karnage?"  Kit asked  starring  him  down.

     "No!  The  island  should  be  right  here.  I  would  not  give phony  directions  to  my  Guinna."

     "She's  not  yours.  Guinna  is  my  wife  and  she  will  never  love you!"

     "Enough  with  the  arguing!  Kit,  there's  the  island!"  Guinna said  pointing  to  a  spot  on  the  water.

     "That's  it!"

     "See.  I  tell  you  truth,  but  you  never  believe."

     "Karnage,  how  can  we  get  to  the  island  without  any  of  your pirates  spotting  us?"

     "I  don't  think  I  should  tell  you."

     "Kit,  take  the  controls"  Guinna  said  getting  up.  She  walked back  to  Karnage  real  calmly.  "Karnage!  We  don't  have  time  to play  theses  games!  Either  you  tell  us  where  we  can  land  or  I will  push  you  off  this  plane  myself!"

     "I  love  it  when  you  angry.  But  since  you  made  threat,  I will  tell  you."

     "There  is  a  dock  on  the  farthest  side  of  the  island.  No one  hardly  goes  there.  So  it  should  be  safe."

     "Thank  you.  Finally."

     Kit  started  dropping  altitude  then  spotted  the  area  to  land at.  Guinna  looked  through  the  binoculars  at  the  people  on  the island.  The  slaves  were  loading  cargo  planes  and  making  items  and cooking.  The  pirate  guards  had  guns  in  the  hands  and  were  just watching  the  slaves  work.  The  scene  brought  back  bad  memories  of her  days  in  the  camp.  But  her  family  was  always  together.  They were  never  torn  apart. 

     Kit  landed  the  Stargazer  at  the  vacant  dock  away  from  the civilization.  They  walked  out  the  plane  leaving  Karnage  inside. There  was  no  one  around.

     "I'm  surprised  Karnage  told  us  the  truth"  Kit  exclaimed  tying the  plane  to  the  dock.

     "Me  too,  but  what  if  he's  setting  us  up  for  a  trap?"

     "We'll  keep  our  eyes  wide  open  then."

     They  trekked  through  the  forest  till  they  came  up  upon  the camp.  Guinna's  stomach  started  to  twist. 

     "Are  you  okay?  You  can  go  back  to  the  plane  while  I  look for  them."

     "I'm  fine.  I  don't  need  to  go  back."

     "Hey.  What  was  so  horrible  about  this  place  when  you  were here?"

     "One  thing  was  was  that  they  took  us  here  against  our  will and  made  us  do  work.  They  never  beat  us,  but  it  was  wrong."

     "Yeah.  I  can't  believe  this  has  been  going  on  so  long.  We better  start  searching."

     The  two  went  around  the  camp  area  searching,  but  there  was no  sign  of  Baloo  or  Rebecca.  Kit  sat  down  on  the  ground  next to  a  palm  tree.

     "I  don't  see  them  anywhere."

     "There's  more  than  just  this  area,  Kit.  There's  a  whole center  to  this  camp  and  the  beach.  We've  only  covered  one-forth of  this  place."

     Just  then,  they  heard  a  familiar  voice  in  the  hut  near them.

     "Baloo!  Get  up!  Their  going  to  be  looking  for.  You  want  to end  up  in  the  burial  grounds."

     "What!  Their  bring  to  the  burial  grounds?"  Baloo  yelled snapping  up  quickly.

     "If  you  don't  get  to  work,  they  will."

     "It's  them!"  Kit  and  Guinna  said  at  the  same  time.

     "We  have  to  let  them  know  we're  here."

     "But  how?"

     "Is  the  coast  clear?"

     "Yeah,  but  Kit.  Kit  come  back."

     Kit  dashed  to  the  hut.  Piering  around,  he  slipped  into  the hut.  Baloo  and  Rebecca  had  their  back  turned  while  Baloo  got dressed  and  Rebecca  trying  to  come  him  down.  They  didn't  even notice  he  walked  in.

     "Calm  down"  Rebecca  said  gently  grabbing  his  paw.  "As  long as  they  don't  catch  you  sleeping,  they  won't  send  you  there. Okay.  So,  just  calm  down."  She  gently  touched  his  cheek.  Baloo composed  himself.

     "Thanks  Beck.  You  know  how  ta  get  me  calm"  he  said  grabbing her  other  paw.

     Kit  just  stood  their  watching  the  scene  unfold.  The  two bears  all  the  sudden  turned  to  see  him  standing  there.  They  all just  stared  for  a  moment.

     "Baloo.  Rebecca.  Are  you  okay?"  Kit  finally  said  with  a  tear in  his  eye.

     "Kit.  Kit  is  that  you?"  Rebecca  said.

     "Yeah.  It's  me"  he  said  embracing  them.

     "Kit,  how…  how'd  ya  find  us?"  Baloo  asked.

     "Karnage  helped  us  get  here."

     "What!  O'  Karnie  helped  you?  How?  Why?"

     "It's  a  long  story.  Lets  just  get  you  two  outta  here. Guinna's  hiding  outside."

     Kit  stuck  his  head  out  the  hut.  Coast  was  clear.  He signaled  to  them  to  follow  him  into  the  forest.  Guinna  had  heard everything  they  had  said  and  was  anxious  to  see  them. 

     "Guinna.  You  came  too"  Rebecca  said  embracing  her  daughter with  tears  in  her  eyes.

     "I'm  here."

     "I  can't  believe  you  found  us,  Lil'  Britches.  Well,  you're not  so  little  anymore."

     "That's  okay.  I  missed  you  calling  me  that,  Papa  Bear."

     They  embraced  each  other  trying  to  saver  the  moment.

     "We  have  to  get  back  to  the  plane."

     Kit  lead  the  way  as  they  trekked  through  the  forest  again. Kit  stepped  out  of  the  brush  to  see    Karnage  had  escaped.

     "Hello.  Glad  you  could  join  us"  Karnage  said  confidently.  Two of  his  pirates  stood  beside  him. 

     "How  did  you…"

     "I  forgot  to  tell  you  that  my  pirates  patrol  the  island.  O, yes.  I  forgot  sometining  else."

     One  of  the  pirates  brought  out  a  familiar  golden  bear.

     "Molly!" 

     "Molly!  My  baby!"  Rebecca  tried  running  to  her,  but  Baloo held  her  back.

     "What  are  you  doing  here?"

     "Karnage  told  me  moma  was  alive.  He  told  me  to  come  with ya'll.  Kit  I'm  sorry."

     "It's  all  right.  I'd  be  okay.  Now,  Karnege,  let  her  go.  She has  nothing  to  do  with  this."

     "Wrong!  I  need  her  to  get  to  you."

     "Karnage,  let  her  go.  Please,  for  me"  Guinna  begged.

     "I  will  let  her  go.  If  you  become  mine  forever."

     "I  told  you  Guinna  doesn't  love  you."

     "Kit.  It's  okay."

     "Guinna.  You  can't…"

     "No.  I  have  to.  Karnage,  let  Molly  go  and  I'll  come  with you."

     "Fair  enough.  Come  to  me  and  I'll  let  her  go."

     "Guinna,  no!"

     She  turned  to  Kit.  "Trust  me.  I  know  what  I'm  doing."

     Guinna  walked  half  way  then  stopped.  "Now  let  her  go  and I'll  come  the  rest  of  the  way."

     "Let  her  go."

     The  pirate  let  Molly  go.  She  ran  to  Guinna  confused.  "What are  you  doing?"

     "Go  to  mom  now."

     "Guinna!"

     "Just  go."

     Molly  ran  to  her  mom  crying  happy  to  see  her  again.

     Guinna  walked  up  to  Karnage  who  was  grinning  from  ear  to ear.  The  guards  started  to  grab  her.

     "No.  Do  not  touch  her.  I  know  you  would  come  around."

     "I  want  you  to  let  them  leave  this  island."

     "I  can't  do  that.  They  will  squeal  on  my  little  function  I have  here."

     "Do  not  under  estimate  me  Karnage."

     "What  do  you  mean?"

     "You'll  see."

     Just  then,  they  heard  jets  coming  their  way.

     "Looks  like  the  calvaries  here."

     Guinna  had  called  the  FBI  that  morning  not  telling  anyone. 

 

     The  family  boarded  the  Stargazer.  The  FBI  took  over  and arrest  Karnage  and  his  group.  They  boarded  the  slaves  on  planes to  the  bring  them  back  to  where  they  came  from.

     "So,  how  did  you  two  survive  the  fall  off  the  Iron Vulture?"  Kit  asked  sitting  in  the  navigator's  seat.

     "At  the  last  second,  I  grabbed  a  parachute  and  we  landed  in the  water  near  that  island"  Baloo  replied.

     "Wow.  I  can't  believe  that  ya'll  are  here.  I  missed  you  so much  mom"  Molly  said  sitting next  to  Rebecca.

     "I  missed  you  more  than  every  too,  Molly."

     "Kit."

     "Yeah,  babe."

     "I  gotta  tell  ya  something  that  I've  been  wanted  to  tell you  everysince  I  was  kidnapped  the  first  time  a  week  ago."

     "What's  that?"

     "Well,  the  day  you  and  Molly  went  to  Barlow.  I  went  to  the doctor.  And  Kit,  we've  joined  the  pudding  club…"

The End


Return to Kit Cloudkicker Fanfics Page

Return to the Unofficial Kit Cloudkicker Homepage


Special Thanks to 50 Webs for providing space for this webpage. Click here to find out how you can get your free homepage and 60 Megabytes of webspace.