Return to 50 Webs.

DreamFlyers

Chapter Intro: The GentleWoman


January 20th, 1944

It was nightfall in a large forest believed to be somewhere in Europe; where there was lots of snow; a total of one foot on the ground covering every evergreen tree and the ground. It was supposed to be a slient night; however, there was no such thing as the sound of horses neighing and various furries were shouting out names as if they were trying to find something. They _are_ looking for something. According to their boss; they were placed into the job of finding a mystical metal bird that crashed into this area. There place was thick with forest except for a partial clearing where the snow was almost two feet thick however; it was cleared for the ten white pump tents that were set up. The largest tent was in the center and inside that tent were three furries sitting down on the snowy ground for one of those face-to-face meetings. The fire outside was warming up the place as fast as it can. There were two gators (one brown and one green) and one white hawk were sitting down with the white hawk being pretty impatient. The green gator to the left was called by the army as General Slust Carbonuckle and he was wearing green-painted steel armor and a green-painted steel helmet and leather clothes underneath. He was considered by the country which he represents as a third rank officer. The brown gator was also a third rank officer and is known as General Forgel Knightengale; he was the tallest and biggest general that this group and was about the same age as Slust at 27 years old with Slust being 25 years old. He is wearing a blue-painted steel armor, leather clothes underneath and a blue-painted steel helmet. The white hawk was known as the Great Commander by these parts; Commander Fernil Canagadara; the sister of Jude Canagadara. She was known for having a sliver mane on her forehead and hails from Lyndon where she was studying before the second Great War had started. She was the youngest commander in this army and was considered the 1st rank officer; which was a very elite group indeed. She wore a full Silver-plated suit of Armor with a pink-painted silver trim helmet. She was the smallest; however she was considered a great leader. However; she was not very happy about this job at all.

"Where's Colonel Apros?" Fernil asked bitterly; " That stupid little freak-of-nature is late again!"

"He stated that he had to finish remounting the horses." Forgel explained; " You know how long that takes Commander." Forgel was not afraid of Fernil; however, having a woman as the Great Commander of this mission was very strange as the king of this area was usually againest having woman in these positions. Prehaps Fernil has a strange talent that this king wants to use...

"Here I am;" Fernil said ranting bitterly; "...the Commander of this mission trying to salvage what little left of reputation Freelanda has and _that_ colonel can't even mount horse right.....What shame!" Ah; Freelanda, the country of spoken laws and is no friends of either Usland or Animea in this war. They had gone netrual; unless it serves to their agenda to help either side and most of the time it was Usland. Fernil was supposed to be happy that she was in a turely free country; however, she was so bitter over the tactics and the lack of written laws that were in this state. It's a wonder that this country is still around after all this.

"Ummm Commander.....Freelanda is basically a lawless country." Slust said in a cocky tone; " Shouldn't the question be: Is this worth defending?"

"The question should be when will ya control that cocky tongue of yours?!" Fernil snapped at all his generals causing the two generals to stay slient; " Good; I'm glad that you have decided to obey me instead of having to resort to rude cockyness like over yonder."

"Yeah.." Slust pointed out as the truth still didn't get through to Fernil; "..Consider that this lawlessness has created the fact that we can ill afford tanks, machine guns and the like in which we can defend ourselves..."

"Okay; so we don't have the lavish defenses that Animea of Austria have." Fernil admitted bitterly; " Nor do we have actual written laws. Still you have to admit that after 175 years of independence from Animea; we are a very nice nation indeed."

"In term of what Commander?" Slust responded wondering what freedom's really meant for her and not for all; " Almost all the citizens are poor and the death rate is 20 times higher than Animea's."

"The general's got a point there Commander." Forgel admitted shrugging his shoulders and looking at a very annoyed Fernil; " If you consider the fact that most of our keepers still use pepper as currency and that pepper is seven cents a kilogram."

"I know...I know and it's very stealable too." Fernil said looking down at her feet; " Freelanda does have its share of problems; however what can we do? Being disloyal is really an act of treason..." Fernil was involved in a situation that if she were to disobey her lord it would be automatic death. Although that was unlikely as she saw many soliders put to death for good deeds and people spared for higher treason. That was the problem with Freelanda; without written laws there were no absolutes. The other problem was that there was no time to reflect on those issue as she sees Colonel Gary Apros; the 2nd rank male grey boar entering the main tent. He was almost 30 years old and was very tall and like General Slust and Forgel he was from Freelanda. He was wearing a brown leather armor, an iron helmet and brown boots. Fernil is not a big fan of Colonel Apros. He was mainly late to the meeting in order to have a discussion on where to find that mystic metal bird and he wasn't following her orders even through the king gave her complete command of the salvage group. This was another example of spoken words used as lies. Gary sits down and without any thoughts towards the feelings of Fernil.

"The horses have been remounted Commander!" Colonel Apros responded as Fernil looks at him bitterly.

"What took so long Colonel?!" Fernil asked bitterly as General Forgel seemly sees something coming and he exits the pump tent unknown to the Great Commander.

"Now you've done it Gary.." Slust said sounded like he was clever; ".you _made_ her mad.."

"Keep your bloody opinions to _youself_!" Fernil screamed into Slust's face with authority causing Slust to fall back and remain slient with the cocky smile wiped off his face; " Colonel Apros?!"

"Did you forget that my original orders; " Apros explained as if he was trying to mock the leadership and intellegence to the great commander; ".... from Emperor Forbain were to assemble the privates into search parties in order to finding that flying bird..." That statement turned Fernil's frown into anger. She should have known better that Freelanda's education system and technological know-how was non-existant.

"It's an _airplane_ you blockhead!" Fernil screamed again causing Slust to smirk that she was chewing off of Apros instead of him.

"Oh; I forgot;" Slust chuckled; ".. her _mother_ used to be a pilot..."

"Slust! Shut that mouth of yours.." Fernil shouted bitterly as General Forgel with a private officer which was a black vulture wearing the same armor that Colonel Apros was wearing and was the same height and age as Forgel; "....Forgel; I see that a private is with you...State your business!"

"The private has informed me that they have found the _airplane_ about five miles from here..." Forgel explained while the pirvate officer and Forgel saluted their great commander. Slust was surprised; they couldn't get the meeting started because Apros was late and now they were nearly done and the fun of hide and seek was over. Fernil was feeling relieved at the news however; as this would be the best time to provide her expertice on airplanes. Still; her heart fell down as she knew that someone who was flying in this airplane was proably dead by now.

"That was pretty fast.." Slust proclaimed looking very surprised.

"You shouldn't be surprised Big Mouth...!" Forgel proclaimed to Slust. These two were never real friends as they were thursted into this mission by force from the king.

"_Big Mouth_?!" Slust said looking at Forgel bitterly; " You're supposed to be the silent rank around here....!"

"I can't understand you let alone stand you....!" Forgel snapped back as Fernil looks very annoyed

"Enough idle chit-chat!!" Fernil snaps at all of his generals and they stop being bitter as they await their order from the great commander; " Private? Forgel? Assemble the men into a guard-force formation and find the _airplane_ as forwarded...I'll join you in ten minutes..."

"As you command....Slust?!" Forgel ordered his mate to follow him and stop being so cocky; " Come with me....we have an _airplane_ to salvage."

"Of course..." Slust obeyed as he, that private officer, Forgel and Slust both exit out of the pump tent quickly and into the snow to get ready to resume riding their horse to their destination.

"Apros?!" Fernil looks at Apros and issues her direct order; " Find out post officer Peter and tell him to get over here at once."

"You command shall be obeyed commander." Apros saluted as he exits out of the pump tent without any protests at all. This completely baffles Fernil; Colonel Apros admitted that he was only obeying the king and would never obey her and then Colonel Apros actually obeys Fernil when she issues a direct order. Prehaps she shouldn't be surprised after all; Colonel Apros was clearly only doing this because her command was the same as the king's. However; this also gave Fernil a chance to be alone now and allowed to reflect on her recent trip to Freelanda and the oath that she gave to Archduke Forbain; the proclaimed king of Freelanda.

"Good; I am now alone. I thought that Freelanda was supposed to be free..." Fernil said looking up into the snow; ".....My mom warned me that it was all a lie...She was right....I have tried to prove her wrong...but it is getting closer to being nearly impossible...Sure; I could have become a cleric or a high priest....however, I always believed that peace, justice and a good government could be discovered in this lawless world....My lord; I shall not fail you in the attempt to complete our resolve.." Just as she was finishing a black raccoon furry barely 5 1/2 feet tall and just under 14 years old; wearing green tights, a green robe and a brown helmet enters the pump tent; "Ahh Peter; you here earlier than I expected." This was Peter Gillies; the son of the father who ran the post office in the city of Forbain; near the castle of Forbain. While he looked like a drone for the king he also looked intellgent enough to work for the great commander. Peter tugs his ear and was clearly nervous. Fernil notices this and stops acting cynical and bitter. This was a young child who was helping out in a concept he not suppose to understand.

"Your commands shall be obeyed Commander." Peter said as he salutes at Commander Fernil and she was surpised and started to smile. Her generals were brash compared to him as he looked handsome and very polite.

"Peter;" Fernil said smiling and being as gentle as not to place further pressure than there is already present in the boy; ".. you are the _only_ civilan on this mission; aren't you?"

"Yes Commander.." Peter said still looking very nervous and a little confused about weither or not Fernil was doing this to help him or is in fact harming him ; "...but I...."

"Then there is no need for such formalites.." Fernil explained kindly; "..You can simply call me Fernil."

"I'm sorry Commander Fernil.." Peter explained sounding very scared of what Fernil might do if he disobeyed her; "..Emperor Forbain is very proper in his rules formation...I think it would be foolish to change otherwise...." Fernil was about to feel bitterness towards Peter; however, since he was just a teenager and didn't want to instill bitterness to someone who doesn't understand trust first.

"He's not going to know...." Fernil responded with a smile feeling that Peter's comments were driving her back a little bit.

"Maybe you are right.." Peter asked sounding less and less scared now; "..anyway; what would want me to write to the Archduke?"

"I didn't call you just to write..." Fernil said seriously and sounding less kind; "..I called you forward because I want you to be part of history."

"Part of history?" Peter asked gulping at the thought of being an important part of this event.

"That is right.." Fernil said with bravado; "..History in the making!"

"The recovery of that crashed bird...." Peter explained remembering that Forbain was talking about something that was magical by his standards.

"It's actually called an airplane...A real bird is a living being; and airplane is a machine .." Fernil said with a wide smirk on her face; "...I know that now."

"I see your point." Peter responded looking like there was nothing funny about this task at all and the smirk was pretty offensive. However; since Commander Fernil was in charge, he refused to comment.

"Anyway; I'm giving you the order to ride with me to the crash site to observe the work that we are currently doing.." Fernil explained as she points out the task for Peter to carry out; ".. Then you will write the observations on paper and send it to the Emperor."

"I thought that Forbain wanted to keep this a secret from civilans?" Peter asked tugging his ear once again. That causes Fernil to feel bitter again.

"You're not really a civilan on this mission.." Fernil explained with the bitterness of the original great commander; "..Let us go!" Peter salutes Fernil before turning around and leaves the tent without question. Fernil follows him behind and exits onto the very important event. However Fernil had only one thought on her mind.....~ Please let this airplane be from someone I don't know.~ she thought.

***

Sadly; luck was going to run out for Lady Fernil..... The horses were mounted and they galloped through the snow. All they needed was a one horse open sleigh and they could sing Jingle Bells. However; cheer was not the forte of the Royal Guard as this mission was a gritty one to say the least. 11 horses were galloping down the forest trees. Horses number one, two and three were white in color with some brown spots while horses four, six and ten were brown with white spots. The remaining horses were solid black in color. Horse number one would carry Peter and Lady Fernil which was indicated by the cover of the Royal Guard's royal blue color sash covering the horse's head. Behind him was the second horses carrying Colonel Gary Apros and the first searcher of seventeen; a private male brown goat who was pretty tall and looked quite handsome. All the searchers were wearing brown leather armor, pants, boots and helmets. They were sreachers and not real fighters; and they were also voluteers in this mission. Horse number three right beside the right side carried General Slust and the second searcher of seventeen who was a short and big black badger. The fourth horse was right beside the central horse to the left and that horse was carrying General Forgel and the third searcher of seventeen who was a short golden duck whose bill was oversized. The fifth horse carried searcher number four who was a former female general who retired from active service a couple of years ago; she was a brown mole. Searcher number five was a private grey rat about the same size and height as her female counterpart. Horse number six carried searcher number six was also a former general who retire from active service as well; he was a grey boar who is said to be a cousin of Gary Apros; however, it has yet to be proven. The seventh searcher of seventeen is a red frog with black spots and was big for his own height. The seventh horse is carrying a female general from Animea who is a white goose who is the shortest of the seventeen searchers on this mission. The ninth searcher is a grey terrapin who is the second biggest searcher and the second shortest searcher on this mission as well. He is however; said to being very quick for his size however. The eighth horse is currently carrying a golden bear who looks like Stephen Cunningham; but has absolutely no relationship with them. The 11th searcher is a tall brown eagle who has a personality of a ghost; he looked pale for his dark brown feathers. The ninth horse is carrying the tallest member of the searcher group; a female brown hawk who looked firece to say the least. It was also carrying a male black cat. The tenth horse was carrying a white dog who whines a lot. The 15th searcher is a grey octopus; his extra arms come in handy to cook multiple meals for Forbain's crew as he is an assistant to the head chef of Archduke Forbain. The final horse is carrying two females from Thembria; a brown buffalo and a black cow; both which seem to have the traits of a moose. Anyway; these 11 horses were galloping down the darkness as Fernil's hair was whipping through the wind without a care in the world. However; Fernil was entrenched in her thoughts; praying that the _mystic bird_ was not being flown by Baloo or Kit or anyone else who is Uslandian. She knew that this could mean certain death....However; her thought would be quickly dasked aside as the horses sreech to a halt on instinct; almost injuring themselves in the process. The horse had approched a dead end for them at least as the pathway was partially blocked by at least a dozen or so trees downed and blocking the pathway. The foot solider could easily navigate the paths if they are used to the foot-deep snow; however the horses wouldn't make it. Fernil quickly dismounts from her horse and looks in the area with grave concern. If that _mystic bird_ caused this damage; then the pilot was going to have a hard time suriving these condition as it was nearly a day since the _mystic bird_ crashed landed here. This looked terrible for Lady Fernil.

"We must be nearby.." Fernil said as she looked around the area and sees the down trees as a sign that they were close; "..There are many trees that have been down in this area!"

"All searchers!!" Apros barked violently as the remaining horses obeyed without question and the riders exit with the horses in tow going in opposite directions; one after another; " You are commanded to secure the area with a full encompassing circle. Now get into position." Peter, General Slust, and General Forgel has in term dismounted from their horses before they were sent along their own way. Peter stands around looking in awe as the events continued to

"This is amazing!" Peter exclaimed in total awe as he and Fernil enter the passageway together leaving Slust and Forgel to wait and look around. The whole area was a creepy place to say the least with all the trees down in the area and the likelyhood of the _mystic bird_ being flown by someone famous.

"What a pretty interesting guy!" Slust said as he puts his hand over his hips; " He has no idea what he is witnessing..."

"Oh; leave poor Peter alone." Forgel said ribbing his teammate harshly; " He's just never this kind of action before..."

"Why is Peter here?" Slust asked looking mad that he was being upstaged by a young teenager; " He isn't a solider and has no formal training..."

"He does have formal training...he is a postal officer." Forgel said calmly feeling that Slust's anger was no worth arguing about; " Archduke Forbain has hired him to write down every and all observations."

"Then he takes the details and delivers them to the king." Slust adds as Forgel claps his hand in a sign of bravo.

"You are starting to catch on to something for a change." Forgel said calmly as Slust was smiling gleefully of being right for a change.

"Hey.." Slust said with bravado as he felt very good about himself; "..I'm always in the game!"

"See...." Forgel exclaimed as he hissed as his teammate in digust over his conduct causing Slust to jump in fear; " you need a vast improvement because what this is is _not_ a game!"

"Listen to you!" Slust snapped back in anger as well who wasn't a favorite of rudeness; "...... Explain to me why we have to endure such a conflict."

"Well;" Forgel responded folding his arm in seriousness; " _that_ was what the King's guard trained us to do."

"Then why not contact Usland diplomats..." Slust asked bitterly thinking that this exercise was useless and help is needed in a land where laws are only spoken; "...and give them the right to help Freelanda become a democracy..."

"You will think no such thing!" Apro yells as he pulled Slust's ear causing Slust to feel acute pain; " If we accept help from Usland then we are submitting to the trinty of Usland cultural influences.." Apros lets go of his ears and acts much more calmly; ".at least that's what Forbain tells his royal guards."

"Why does Forbain hate Usland?" Slust asked harshly to Apros as he holds his right ear in pain as Colonel Apros turns around and wonders if this was all worth it.

"I don't know.." Colonel Apros said as he looks up at the moon and sees no sign of peace anywhere; "....he has changed since Animea's dicatorship declared a holy war againest Usland and Lyndon..." he then looks at Slust harshly; ".....In the past Forbain was with Usland in trying to recreate democractic rule here. Now; he's refused the concept and would wipe anyone off the planet for even peeping at such a suggestion." However; Slust and Forgel would unable to gather a response as a familiar voice beckons out....

"I'll give you a suggestion..." Fernil screams as she re-enters the dead end area looking as bitter as ever; ".....Get your bodies in here! NOW!!"

"Yes great Commander." Slust & Forgel responded by quickly saluting their Commander and they both exit into the the partially blocked forest trees path. Colonel Apros was about to breathe a sigh of relief however when Fernil looks at him it was clear that Fernil was not about to let Apros disobey her again just because Forbain told him to.

"You too.." Fernil barked directly in his face; "..Apros!"

"Yes; great Commander!" Apros saluted relucently as Apros exits in the same route that Slust and Forgel were entering. Fernil was shaking her head in spite of herself

"Delays....delays..." Fernil expresses bitterly. However; Fernil's mind was on something else as her thoughts would show; ~Forbain _is_ acting strange. He demands that Usland pull of the Austria and Animea regions. He believes that Usland is full of infidels....That is absolutely nonsense; if anything...._we_ are the real infidels here...We refuse help just because they wnat to change us....We need to change....Change for the better....~ she thought as she re-enters the passageway and it was a very rugged path with its tree scattered about at random point creating random heights and making walking on foot quite a bit diffcult. Of course it was not a problem for the Great Commander as she notices Peter standing on an higher elevation and he was staring at her.

"I am awaiting your orders." Peter said as he saluted her without question. Fernil looked confused as to Peter's awaiting her orders as a sign that he felt that Fernil was turely the Archduke.

"Why are you awaiting my orders?" Fernil asked as if it was an insult to her. Peter was not a member of the Royal Guard and according to protocol; Peter was to follow only Forbain's orders instead of hers. It was like Peter was considering Fernil as Forbain.

"I am loyal to Emperor Forbain." Peter responded without as much as a second thought as if he meant it; " I assume that you have the same thought for him...."

"Do you really know him Peter?" Fernil asked as she furries carefully walk along the passage way; jumping carefully down and up the random elevations towards the crash site that the downed trees were hiding.

"Fernil?" Peter asked as he looked at Fernil as if she didn't really believe in the agenda of Forbain anymore; " Are you sure that....?"

"If you really don't know about him then I can..." Fernil explained as she looked at Peter with serious eyes as to point out that Peter has never really met the ture Archduke Forbain; that he wasn't what he was supposed to be.

"I know that he is a honest and fair ruler..." Peter said as Fernil looked very bitter. There was a long pause as Fernil was pondering about if she should tell the truth about him without hurting his feelings or his beliefs on the Archduke's belief system. However; if Fernil doesn't tell him the truth then she would be lying to herself and graver consquences could show up later.

"Well; I'm going to shock you with this newsflash.." Fernil said as she looked more bitter than even before, however was sounding just as honest about herself if not even more; "..It's _all_ smoke and mirrors!"

"That cannot be ture!!" Peter protested loudly as he was confronted with a sad case of the truth of Freelanda. His father never told him about this. To believe that Forbain was evil was a reason for hanging someone for treason. Peter was putting himself into denial; a pretty childish act to say the least considering that he was following orders without question.

"Forbain only cares about is his little country that he runs off of Freelanda." Fernil spoke harshly right in front of the young raccoon furry causing Peter to shudder in shock as if the words were a form of pollution; " If he was turely a fair and honest ruler; then he would admit that he cannot control Freelanda and that we need help from Usland to bring back peace and good government to this land. Forbain has no control over this area." Peter was shocked even more and was starting to act like a child; a moronic child who hasn't completely grown up just yet.

"We cannot accept Usland because they are the infidels." Peter conplained as he was showing off his loyality to Archduke Forbain. To Fernil; this was insulting, as Peter doesn't understand what that word means and was blinded to the fact that prehaps Forbain was committing the acts himself as well.

"Have you _ever_ seen Usland?" Fernil responded harshly as if she was border-lining on trash-talking; "Have you _ever_ lived in Usland?!"

"No;" Peter snapped back looking very cross that Fernil would act in such a matter; "... and I'll never will." Fernil realized that Peter wasn't about to change and he didn't know the truth about her. She lived in Usland and Lyndon; in the same place that Forbain declared as a place of infidels. Honesty was considered the best policy and her bitterness was clearly erased by the truth that she didn't belong. It was time to tell the truth...

"Then I'll be the wrong person for this job.." Fernil said as she shallowed her pride and calmly begins to speak; "..Peter? I used to...." Before she could admit that she was a resident of the forbidden place; Colonel Apros approches the group and looks serious and at the same time it seemed very calm.

"Great Commander;" Apros explained calmly as she was clearly summoned; "...this way!" Fernil nodded with approval and feels relieved that she didn't have to reveal he ture form... just yet anyway...

"I see...Come on Peter!" Fernil ordered breathing deeply and it was a sigh of relief; " Let's get this over with!"

"Yes Great Commander!" Peter saluted as Peter, Fernil and Apros enter the small clearing where the _mystic bird_ actually crash landed. There are trees down randomly across the area. On the scence (read: which was a total of 25 furries in all) was Lady Fernil, Peter the post officer, General Slust, General Forgel, Colonel Gary Apros, Searchers one through seventeen and their were also three new furries. They were considered as _Spotters_; two of them were male and one was female. The first spotter was a red cardinal and the shortest of all the spotters and was wearing scale green armor, a bronze helmet painted green and leather brown pants. Spotter number two was a tall bluejay and looked like she came from Jepang. She was wearing a silver robe, a bronze tiara and was carrying a grey whistle. The third spotter was a green parrot was was fairly tall and was wearing the same equipment that the first spotter was wearing. The scence was however more brutal than the people who had entered the crash site. The _mystic bird_ was wedged between a stand of old growth tress with the tail wings clipped off and the portions of the main wings were torn off easily. There were tree branches and bushes all around the airplane. The paint job which was solid yellow with an orange nosecone was chipping and scratching into the metal and the engines were partially smashed. For some reason Fernil knew what this _mystic bird_ was. It was the SeaDuck and Fernil's heart started to race violently as her luck was soon starting to run out. Spotter number two would approch Fernil from the southeastern section of the crash site and she would salute Fernil.

"Oh; Fazi?!" Lady Fernil asked as she realizes who it was right away. Fazi salutes Fernil and kneels down awaiting her orders and to give her information on the developments ocurring on the crash site.

"Great Commander this way..." Fazi said pointing towards the group of three furries about 100 feet away; "..We found a body inside the airplane. Our spotters Zado and Xane had to take the body out of the plane."

"Why?" Fernil asked looking serious because Fazi failed to responds to the rules of injured. If the bear was actually injured then it would be wrong to move the body from its original spot unless it was in danger. However; the term body was a word that would run Fernil's blood cold. What if the pilot was dead? Then the mission of Archduke Forbain would all but fail and someone was going to pay for this.

"We did it as a pre-caution Commander!" Fazi responded acting concerned;"We were afraid that the engine might catch fire."

"Is there any sign of fire in the engines?" Fernil asked worried that this place might be in fact dangerous. If any oil was present and was leaking out; a sudden burst of combustable materials and a spark would destory the _mystic bird_ and basically wipe out the entire Royal Guard and the searchers. This was a tense moment for her indeed.

"No Commander.." Fazi responded and they continue to walk slowly causing Fernil to breathe easily; "..It looks like the pilot dumped his fuel before he crash-landed..." General Slust, Forgel and Colonel Apros decided to watch the two females talking and they like many males have done in the past started to comment on the entire concept of talking to another. Slust then suddenly sees Fazi and realizes something scary about her as if it was like she was in fact famous.

"Hey?" Slust asked as he pointed at the young bluejay furry as it was so familiar to the Royal Guard; " Isn't that Zojo's sister working with the spotter team?" So; this spotter has a brother and he appears to be famous.

"Now Slust!" Forgel said bitterly already knowing and quite frankly he didn't care about Slust's observations and believed that his ethics have been blurred because of it; " You know that hay is for horses!"

"I know that I should know better; however.." Slust admitted as he was still strong in his beliefs; "..that mad sciencist Zojo gives me the creeps."

"He is _not_ a mad sciencist.." Forgel said in an attempt to raise the tribute to someone that was clearly famous in these lands; "..He is a psychologist and a technologist. He is not mad...But I can tell him that you said that."

"Go ahead and tell him.." Slust said continuing to believe in his case that Zojo was mad as Zojo wasn't afraid to talk big as many sciencists did; "..I don't care..."

"I have a great idea.." Colonel Apros asked as he pointed at the young female bluejay furry; "..Why don't you tell that to Fazi?!"

"Not her! I cannot stand her.." Slust protested looking like he was in a panic state of mind; "....She can scream so loud that my eardrums will bust!" Forgel was chuckling sliently and Colonel Apros was smirking just a little. Poor Slust was a set up for a lesson to be learned.

"Looks like Slust has finally learned something." Colonel Apros said with a weak smile and it was a rare smile to come out of the Colonel since becoming a member of Forbain's Royal Guard.

"Yeah; your brain shall never stand behind your mouth." Forgel chuckled; "It can create trouble." All Slust could do is blush as Apros and Forgel laughed at the sight of it. Slust was better off shutting his mouth completely. As Slust, Forgel and Apros continued to talk their own trash; Fernil, Peter and Fazi were walking slowly towards the southeastern section of the crash site. Peter was holding a clipboard and was awaiting Fernil's orders to start the report. That bad feeling in Fernil's gut was expanding considerably as it was becoming more and more apparent that the man she feared was flying the plane was either dead or was an official prisonner of Archduke Forbain. Fernil stops and looks at the SeaDuck once again. That causes Peter and Fazi to stop and understand that this was a sign to start the report. Fernil clearly wanted to get this over with quickly.

"Okay; Peter.. " Fernil explained slowly; " ..Your job is to write down everything that Fazi and I say and observe.."

"Hey Fernil?!" Fazi asked with a cross look on her face as she didn't think that a small child could handle this mission; " Are you sure that Peter can do the job? He's only 15 years old."

"Peter might be only a kid;" Fernil responded acting like she was being accused of bringing unqualified personnel; "but he's still the only post officer with close ties to Emperor Forbain."

"..with close ties to Emperor Forbain." Peter said as he wrote and it was finally Fernil's turn to blush with embrassment as Peter was already working before Fernil was ready to report.

"Peter?!" Fernil said holding Peter's pencil as an indication that he was to stop writing right now; " You are supposed to wait until I tell you to write...." Fazi didn't like young boys involved in this important mission and Peter was already messing up the mission.

"See;" Fazi protested bitterly; "....you shouldn't turst a teenager to do such important work....." However; Fernil knew better as she forgot to tell Peter to start writing on the project and he only assumed that Fernil had indeed given him the order to write.

"No; it shows that not giving proper instruction gives grave consequences.." Fernil said calmly as Fernil stops walking and takes a good look at the crashed SeaDuck; "..Okay Peter; you may start writing at once." Peter rips the bad sheet of paper from his notepad and places it in his pocket.

"Yes Great Commander.." Peter nods as he salutes Fernil without question and place his pencil on paper and awaits for Fernil's words to shine beautifully. Fernil takes a deep breath and starts her longest form of dialogue as she begins the biggest report in her own lifetime. Not even her mother Jude had prepared her for such an event as this.... Fernil begins to walk very slowly looking at the crashed plane and observing the damage that was done.

"Dear Emperor Forbain;" Lady Fernil began to talk and on cue Peter started to place pencil on paper and was writing everthing Fernil was saying and observing; "We have reached the crash site at double one, double two, on the 20th day of the first month of the 1,944th year. We have been on-site for only five minures and the danage to what is called an _airplane_ is very grave. The plane's wings on both sides have beened teared off like shredding a cooked chicken.There are numerous paint scratches all over the plane which is yellow in color with a bright orange color nose. While the next paragraph may not have importantance to your royal cause; but the model of the plane is a Conwing L-16 special edition plane, the model was standardized by Mr. Conwing just after the first _Great War_. The engines are clearly custom-built using Superflight 100's. These engines were upgraded during the Aero Echo of the mid 1920's.It is a very old plane; but still the most most reliable one in the skies. Fazi told me that the plane's engines dind't catch fire and the plane did not explode. I assume that the pilot dumped his fuel before crashing into the forest at 45 degrees north; 15 degrees east. Many trees; at least 15 for which I can see are scattered randomly about all over the area. There are twigs and branches clogging up the vents and holes all around the airplane. Colonel Apros has ordered our royal force to secure the area and now we will check to see if there are any lives that were lost in the crash.." Peter proceeds to write down everything that Fernil said; " ..Okay Peter; you can stop writing now." As she said that Peter stops writing without as much as a peep.

"Thanks Great Commander!" Peter saluted as he kneels down with the paper and pencil still in his hands.

"No problem..." Fernil said sounding warm in the deep snow as Fernil, Fazi and Peter have finally reached the southeast section of the crash site and sees two furries overshadowing a big grey bear wearing a yellow shirt and a red pilot's cap. His clothes were torned up and his body did spot quite a few bruises. He looked completely knocked out and appeared to be even dead. The two furries were Spotters #1 and #3 and they were named Xane and Zado; a couple of birdman furries that were considered part of Forbain's sparring staff for battles and self-defense; "..Is he still alive or has his heart stilled?" Fernil's heart was racing as she was sweating bullet and wondering if this bear was dead and considered worthless because of it.

"He is alive.." Xane responded carefully as Fernil approches the bear who was on his side; "..his breathing is shallow."

"So; this is what Forbain ordered..." Fernil said as he turns the body to his back and looked closely at his dirty face. It was bruised somewhat; however, the jolly face was unmistakable to Lady Fernil as she has heard the legends of old. It was Baloo Waladaze and she was seeing him at full blast. Fernil grits her teeth in disbelief and tries hard to compose herself; "...Indeed! Slust?! Forgel?!" she said with a strong tone to overtake her disbelief; " Take the bear and deliver him to Emperor Forbain's castle at once! And be gentle with him...Forbain will have the heads of all if he is harmed in any way!"

"Yes Great Commander!" Slust and Forgel saluted without question and proceed to carry Baloo back to the castle. Fernil, Fazi, Peter, Xane and Zado stand back to allow Slust and Forgel to get under Baloo and carry him to their horses. Slust and Forgel get their back underneath Baloo's midsection and slowly starts to carefully drag the bear towards their horses which would outside the crash site. Fernil looks like she had seen a ghost as she wasn't about to believe anything that was happening right now. Her worst nightmares were coming ture.

"Great Commander?!" Colonel Apros asked as he enters from the plane entrance carrying a small ration of food to show the great commander Fernil; " We found a large amount of cargo in the airplane. Most of it is intact but the one that wasn't contains food aid aimed for Animea and Freelanda. The soliders have taken it out of the plane." The food plans suddenly gave Fernil an idea as a way to keep the denizens of Freelanda happy for a little while and that would buy her some time to bring ture democratic rule. Even if she knew that it would never be enough time for this project and needed help if only Forbain would stop acting like he was a ture God.

"Colonel Apros?!" Commander Fernil demanded; " Tell Searchers #1-#10 to deliever the food to the good people all over Freelanda." Colonel Apros was in shock as Archduke Forbain mentioned nothing about recovering food. While Fernil saw this as a good deed; Apros saw it as an insult.

"But Great Commander.." Colonel Apros protested; "..There was no dialogue from Forbain about this..."

"That's why I'm making the order.." Fernil shouts bitterly; "..if Freelanda isn't going to get real peace; then at least give the furries access to real ; wholesome food."

"But Forbain..." Colonel Apros protested in disgust. Colonel Apros was really upset that the Great Commander was a female and that he should be doing the orders and not her. Fernil was red hot angry seeing that Colonel Apros was disobeying her direct orders. Even if he only listened to Archduke Forbain meant nothing to her. She had a command and Apros should obey it.

"That is a direct order!" Fernil barked loudly in a command for respect and authority; " Give that food to the people. It'll calm them down for awhile." Fernil casted a weak smile to show that she was going to at least keep the people of Freelanda from straving. She knew that it would not be a solution; however, it would give them some hope in a time of great crisis in all of Freelanda. Colonel Apros still looked very digusted; but he realized that it would be best to deliver the food to the poor villagers of Freelanda.

"I'll tell the searcher to bring the food;" Colonel Apros said looking digusted at Fernil's seemly taken authority as he remounts on his horse; "however, if Forbain finds out and punishes you... don't blame it on me!" The scream was heard as Colonel Apros turns his horse around and the horse in turn starts galloping towards the west and back to his king. He look digusted and he was without a doubt pondering if he should tell Forbain that Fernil has reached beyond her own authority.

"If Forbain is smart;" Fernil snapped back as Colonel Apros' horse was galloping completely out of sight; " he'll consider this a good deed that the so-called _infidels_ would never consider."

"Fernil?!" Xane exclaimed looking at Fernil; "You should finish that letter."

"Finally;" Fernil said as she let out a large sigh; "....some informalities..." However; that did not sit too well with Fazi as the formalities was a considered a _law_ by Archduke Forbain. And while most laws that are spoken are usually ignored by the _lawmakers_ and _police force_; the laws of Archduke Forbain were rarely ignored if ever at all.

"Xane! Address her as the Great Commander." Fazi protested looking with deep venom at her collegue taking this attitude as a sign of disobience of the rule of Archduke Forbain; " We cannot show that type of weakness in front of the royal command."

"Oh stop it! It's time to finish that letter...." Fernil said ignoring the pleads of civility in the Royal Guard and she looks at Peter and nods to him that he is to continue the letter writing and reporting observations and Peter responses in kind; "....I went to the site where Fazi, Xane and Zado wanted to see. They found a seven foot tall; almost 450 pounds grey bear wearing a yellow shirt and a red pilots cap. He is almost 35 years old and...."

"Here's the bear's wallet Great Commander..." Zado exclaims as he walks towards Lady Fernil and hands her Baloo Waladaze's wallet. Fernil proceeds to open the brown leather wallet and sees Baloo's passport and his photo nicely tucked in the wallet. The photograph was unmistakable and that causes Fernil to shudder violently for just a moment. In that moment of reflection she realized that she was about to be part of a group who hated anyone from Usland and his death was pretty much assured. This was the famous SeaDuck; a mystical bird in the legends and Baloo was still riding it, carrying cargo and aid to the second Great War and Lady Fernil seemly could not bring herself to the various charges that she was bestowed on right now. However; Fernil was able to regain her composure before her shuddering caused some concern among her collegues and she continued the observation without delay.

"............the man's name is Baloo Waladaze. Slust and Forgel will be delivering him to Zojo as ordered. What the fate of the plane will be is on your command." Fernil continued as Peter continue to place pencil to paper word for word and he did it without question; " I will meet you within two days to exchange notes and await further orders. Thank you; it's a honor to be part of the Austria-Freelanda Royal Guard. I shall see you soon.....Fernil....You can stop writing now Peter."

"Thank you Fernil.." Peter said before looking spooked and changing his words as he forgot his rules of formalities taught by his father and often commanded by the Archduke Forbain; "..I mean Great Commander."

"There is no need for such formalities." Fernil responded holding her hand as a sign of forgiveness; " Peter; you are a civilian of the state....You did a wonderful job young man. Now all you need to do now is deliever this to Forbain. I'll return once the area has been secured..Okay?!"

"I'm on my way!" Peter saluted as he hops on a mounted horse and he turns it around and the horse quickly gallops out to the west side and goes completely out of sight; heading for the castle of the Archduke. Fernil was relived that Peter was able to handle the horses without trouble at all and the horses were pretty nice. However; Fernil started to look bitter again; but it was a sweet bitterness to it. Peter was so young and had his life ahead of him. However; Forbain was liable to drive the youth to being the bearers of ture peace and they didn't understand that the adults were screwing up their upbringings as if the decency switch was broken inside of them.

"Poor Peter... " Fernil said bitterly as she shook her head with such disapproval as if Peter was a lost cause to ture peace; "....he's a bright boy but he doesn't understand what the word infidel really means."

"Great Commander?" Fazi asked looking confused that she would question a young child's use of such a word that Fernil believed that he really didn't understand; "Are you okay?"

"[If only I was]" Fernil wispered as she appeared distracted when she said the forbidden word in the arena of displeasure as Fazi simply looks at her funny and that snaps Fernil out of her shameful attempt to hide her voice; " Yes; I'm okay....Time to secure the area." Searchers #1-#10 mount their horses with the cargo of food tied to the horse's back and they would gallop in the same direction as Peter's horse took. Fazi was surprised at the look of Fernil as if Commander Fernil had known something about this fat jolly looking grey bear who was in the eyes of many a legend of flying.

"Who's this Baloo Waladaze?!" Fazi asked looking confused as if Commander Fernil was either hiding something or wasn't paying attention to Fazi's concerns.

"That is _not_ your concern...." Fernil said as she ignores Fazi with thoughts of bitterness as she has seen the one bear that she didn't want to see. Baloo was officially a prisoner and her sister was also here. ~ It is Baloo's sister's concern!~ she thought bitterly as she slowly turns her back on Fazi in a rude fashion and walks back towards the narrow entrance path feeling that her mission was officially complete. However; Fazi was a young woman who dislike rudeness and would not approve of Fernil's bitterness that this event was not _her_ concern.

"What do you mean?!" Fazi asked yelling at about half pitch and that wasn't soothing to say the least as Fazi runs towards the exiting Fernil; " Hey! Don't turn your back on me....! HEY!" Both Fernil and Fazi were walking out of sight as Xane and Zado watches them with their heads shaking at the lack of civility.

"I'll never understand them!" Xane said to Zado who in turn nods his head with approval.

"Make me feel proud about being a man." Zado responded in kind as they look at the broken down SeaDuck and the smell of oil was apparent in the air. Fernil's mission was almost over as there was a two day horse-ride back to Forbain's Castle. Little did Fernil know that this event would have dire consequences down the road as the plans of Forbain were coming full circle.

***

January 22nd, 1944

A small country that a certain king would love to keep serect. It was only three times the size of this castle. Somewhere between the border of Austria and Freelanda stood a large stone tower. It stood on top of a large castle about 30 feet high at the base and was about 80 feet at the tip of the tower. The tower had a stone deck at the 70 foot level and that streches out around 15 feet. The entire tower was covered in green vines up to the stone deck and extends about a few feet onto the deck. On the tip of the tower was a stone statue of a white dove of peace. Inside that tower on the stone deck stood none other than Gregory AeroStar's own buddy Farris Karnage who was supporting a new outfit: A black length full tuxedo and a white rose pinned to the right shoulder and was also wearing black boots. Although he has aged quite a bit since seeing Gregory AeroStar about five years ago. However; war has torn them apart; at least that's what Farris thinks. Sitting down on a wooden chair was a grey bearess; almost five and a half feet tall and was almost 30 years old. She was a farmer from FarmTown and was married during the war; about two months ago when the heat was turned up. She was wearing a Blue full body dress that covered her from neck to toe and she also wore a crystal tiara. Her name is very familiar because it is none other than Baloo's very own sister Tina Waladaze-Karnage. These two were invited by the Archduke of this tiny country ; calling it a safe haven for those who hated the war; which was right down Farris' alley. The inside of the tower is stone and circular in design maeasuring 15 feet in diameter and 12 feet high. On along the walls; there are stone painting; painted directly on the walls featuring Freelanda's landscape in the 1500's (when it was still called Airabus). The entrance to the deck was ocvered with purple/sliver lace-colored drapes. There is a large bed made of two feet thick mattresses and trimmed around with honey-color wood trim. Each edge has a circular post with walnut-colored trim which was about seven feet in height. Connecting the top were seven foot purple/sliver laced drapes which covered the honey-trim with the top secured with a leather sheet of fabric with a sparna green-colored with white trim. Beside the bed was a fancy maple wood dresser and facing the bed was a crimson-red colored loveseat with wood trim in which Tina is currently sitting in it right now. On the floor it is made of smoothed stone except for a wooden trap door where they enter and exit the tower. It was a quiet sence; however Farris was not about to accept this in a time where war is tearing the rest of the world apart. He walks up to the deck looking very helpless indeed.

"Are you okay Farris?" Tina asked looking deeply concerned for her husband's state of affairs; " You haven't spoke three works since the honeymoon."

"How can I enjoy marriage when much of the world is in terrible shape?!" Farris asked wondering if he should have stepped in like he did when Commander Wesdon put his late father and grandfather into the service. Tina was not amused as this was hurting their marriage quite a bit.

"Well now you are in marriage and just because the world is falling apart doesn't give you an excuse to act like you have a weakness." Tina explained strongly; " We are equals...no more....no less." Farris nods like he was saying _whatever_ as Tina stands up and approches Farris who was looking out at the star in a terrible state of disbelief. Farris believed that he shouldn't have taken this trip to this castle in the middle of the war. However; there was no pleasing Tina on that as the marriage proclaims an equal relationship between a man and a woman. Farris decided it was better to change the subject now; as equal to the phrase: _Yes Dear._

"Aren't the stars lovely?" Farris asked as he looked like he was in a quick little trance.

"Boy;" Tina pouted; ".....do you change the subject in a hurry?"

"Why not?! It's a beautiful night to count the stars.." Farris said as he pointed up into the sky where Tina could see what Farris was talking about; "..not to mention our blessings."

"Yeah I know.." Tina responded in a haze; "..The lord is watching over us..." As she she that; Tina give Farris a good kiss right on the cheek. Farris' cheeks were flushing with embrassment as kissing was not his forte in marriage and they still have yet to bear a child. Proably not a good idea in this time of war.

"You are making a scence." Farris explained as he gets her right back with a kiss right on Tina's cheeks. This time Tina wasn't embrassed but was acting like she was in a trance and was ready to do some close connections with each other.

"You are _too_ much!..." Tina said as she embraces Farris and they begin to neck each other ;not only as a way to make love but also to strengthen their necks. As they were doing this; suddenly the two furries started to hear two horses neighing and they were entering within eyeshot of Tina. Tina barely was able to see that two horses were galloping west on the another side of the moat and those two horse were riden by none other than Slust and Forgel and were carrying Baloo Waladaze carefully on his mid-section. However; they were so far away that Tina quite make out the figure anyway as the horse approch the back of the castle; "..Farris? I thought that I saw..." Tina woke up and noticed that Farris was deep into his trance and was still necking.

"I don't see anything." Farris said sheeply as he was still necking with Tina and was on the end where he wouldn't been able to see him either. Tina decided that it was proably not Baloo after all; and then she proceeds to close her eyes and continues the necking with Farris.

"You're right.." Tina said as she sighed and wondered if her brother was in fact here and in very bad shape; "....I must've thought wrong!" They continued to have their good time; however, there was a flourish of music ready to welcome the real royality of this area: Archduke Forbain.

***

Inside the throne room of Archduke Forbain's castle was the main sence and focus as sitting on his own thronechair was none other than Archduke Forbain. His real name is Forbain Edgarlad and he was a platinum rooster furry which was a very weird breed to say the least although he was in the same spieces as Archduke Fortis. (read: They are not related at all.); was nearly seven and a half feet tall and was over 300 pounds. He was strong hulking kind of furry with a lot of fight in his body. However; he hides that strength as he wears gold plated robes with platinum trim, a crystal made crown with a diamond spector that stated that he is the king of Freelanda. He is not the usual stereotype of a king since he was middle age and was a lover of music and comics. Beside him was his trusty sidekick; a white fox named Indels Foxwax who is the minister and second-in-command behind Forbain. He wore a sliver robe with bronze trim. Unlike the hulk that was Forbain, Indels was exactly six feet tall and once lived in Animea as a peasent most of his life where as Forbain was considered royalty since the age of ten when Archduke Fortis dethroned himself and the first Great War was over. There were also ten additional furries further down right on the red carpent in the middle of the throne room playing their musical flourish with various horns, string and drum instruments. These furries were wearing red suits with white trim and pink top hats with the brims of those hats were finished with white lace trim. They were seperated into two groups. The left side had five frog furries; two of them were green, two were brown and one was a red spotted black frog. The right side had five lizard furries; four of them were green and one was brown. The throne room itself was the largest room in the entire castle which was 100 feet square and 30 feet high. It is made of stone walls all around including the ceiling which was not vaulted. There are iron clad doors dotting the eastern and western walls every 20 feet or so. There are four circular columns of stone which were 4 feet thick. The floor is made of cobblestone with the mortar covering the gaps in order to made a smooth surface. In the middle of the floor was a crimson red rug with white trim streching from the main entrance to the throne chair which was ten feet wide. The columns are lined with lavendar cloth trimmed with white lace swung around each column. The chair in which Archduke Forbain was sitting on was made of solid oak about 12 feet high and was plated with platinum trim and that was placed on tope of a metal-plated box and the chair is boltted down. The back of the chair is carved with numerous pattern surrounding the picture of himself carved out of.

"My lordship;" Indels proclaimed standing in front of Forbain as the musical flourish continues ;".... the peasents of Freelanda are getting restless."

"Getting restless in my sight?! You got to be kidding me!" Forbain barked with his feeling almost hurt as he was sensitive to the people's concerns in Freelanda; "I give them freedom and they are still not happy..."

"My lord." Indels explained gulping at the words that he was about to use to describe the sitaution at hand; " I know that you hate those infidels very much; however, their formation of democractic rule is still and inviting boost for the country. Now of course; you can...." The thought of Usland made Forbain's blood boil with rage as Usland in his own belief was the reason why this Great War even existed. That statement in turn was what stopped the flourish all together.

"I will have nothing to do with Usland indealism!" Forbain snapped back at Indels strongly and in a preaching tone that would put any pator to shame; " It's an attempt to unseat me and our destiny to have real peace. This evil axis will not deter this great country from it's ultimate goal..."

"My lord if history serves me correctly it was our neighbour Austria when they were called Airabus who came up with the idea way way back in the 1300's." Indels said gulping again ; " It was the _evil axis_ that stole the idea sir."

"That's right....I forgot all about that...It doesn't matter." Forbain responded pondering that what Indels said was the truth and then leaving out something far more important; " Democractic rule only lasted 25 years tops and the only reason why Usland has been suriving is because of its own corruption and even that will come to an end if not by us; it will be the Usland people who will see the ture evil in the end..."

"You are always correct my lord.." Indels said bowing down at his master; "..And I shall follow you to the end of thy life."

"Loyality is a fire of desire to fit in.." Forbain said preaching as the first guard of Forbain enters the throne rooms. She was a female white goat with a strong build and was wearing a suit of silver armor, a feather helmet and leather boots. Forbain sees her and address her by her ture name; " ..Ah Miss Nicole Bioknight...what is your business in these old parts.."

"My lord.." Nicole said as she bowed down and looked up at Archduke Forbain; "...General Slust, General Forgel and officer Peter have returned here. Peter actually brings us good news as Fernil has discovered the legendary bird and the pilot has been found alive. Request premission from Peter to speak on the matter at once."

"This is excellent.." Forbain exclaimed clapping his hands with glee that the mission was a success; "..the victory of our cause is starting to show in it's purest form . Premission request is granted.."

"Thank you my lord." Nicole said as she turns around and exits the throne room the same way that she entered it; " I shall relay this to Peter at once!" Forbain was smiling now as the son of a ture friend was sucessful in the mission at hand. That means that Commander Fernil's mission was textbook perfection; a slam dunk for Forbain.

"That was pretty quick." Indels said looking very surprised at the speed that this mission went; " I felt that Peter's age would be a barrier to this entire mission."

"Nonsense.." Forbain said shrugging the notion that Peter was a moron off. It was clear that he was not anymore at the very least; "..Peter's dad has taught him well. The experience in spite of the hardships has witnessed the power to pray."

"I see what you mean.." Indels said looking up into the ceiling and wondering if he was wish for a way to speed up this peace; "....If only we can progress faster in this battle for peace."

"You cannot rush a good thing; my charge.." Forbain stated standing up from his throne chair as Peter Gillies enters from the main entrance where Nicole entered and exited and Peter walks towards Forbain without as much as taking his eyes off of him which was surprising considering that Forbain's appearance was a bit revolting to children; "...Peter? You arrival to our cause is beyond belief. Welcome!" Peter simply looked at him. ~ Fernil must be joking. Forbain is actually pretty friendly. Her Usland connections must be blinding her thoughts. ~ he thought.

Peter instantly kneels down before the Archduke and greets him properly; "It is an honour to be graced with your loyal cause." Forbain was impressed that Peter would bow down before him; but since he is not a real solider; there was no need to.

"Peter;" Indels commands as he sees the face of Forbain proclaim Peter as a guest of honor in Freelanda; " please stand up...."

"You need not give such formalities Peter the great." Forbain stated as Peter hands the complete letter that he was writing on the thought of Fernil to Indels; " You are our special guest here." Indel approches the Archduke with that very letter.

"Here is the report sir." Indel said as he hands Forbain the letter that was written by Peter. Forbain opens the letter carefully and reads it quietly and completely. Forbain was an excellent reader and speaker which are two important things to become a good leader.

"Hmmmmm....Your hand-writing is brilliant as usual Peter.." Forbain said giving out a good smile; ".. So Fernil wants me to decide on call an _airplane_. I must give credit to those infidels; the bible does mention about these flying steel birds...."

"My lord.." Peter said as he was informed of this revelation early; "..Great Commander Fernil is about to arrive in a few moments." This surprised Indels even more that Fernil was able to find the plane quickly and in such textbook fashion that the expected trip was over more than four weeks ahead of time. Forbain was turely pleased to say the least as this was a huge victory for them in the race for peace.

"Excellent! Thank you Peter.." Forbain exclaimed cheerfully; "..I'm sure that Nicole will inform me. Please stay here tonight .... We'll have a informal feast in both your and the Royal Command Force." The Royal Command Force was what Commander Fernil, General Slust, General Forgel and Colonel Apros were a part of. It was Forbain's most trusted command post and it was ture to its word here. They deserved a party despite the fact that the kingdom outside was very poor and the parties always go overbudget. No wonder Freelanda is _so_ disliked. There are no laws to help people; only spoken laws that destory.

"Thank you my lord." Peter said bowing again as guard number two enters the throne room. He was a male brown lizard and was wearing steel armor and a feather helmet. He was greeted and addressed in full by Forbain.

"EdCain?" Forbain asked strongly and was smiling from ear to ear; " Take our guest to the dining room."

"As you command my lord." EdCain responded as he and Peter walk towards the first door to the left of the main entrance hallway. EdCain opens the door and both he and Peter exit from that doorway; closing the door behind him. Indels was wondering what Fernil was saying when this mission started. After all; Indels saw something in Peter's eyes the whole time. He didn't look very confident of giving this report to Forbain even though Forbain didn't notice it.

"So what did Fernil say?" Indels asked causing Forbain to be annoyed once again.

"I would normally tell you to repent for butting into the offical business that could be used by Usland." Forbain explained looking seriously into Indels red eyes; " However; because of this wonderful day; I will tell you about this letter."

"Thank you my lord." Indels said gulping a sigh of relief as he was not going to be punished for such an action. Nicole Bioknight re-enters the throne room and bows down once again to the Archduke in order to state her appearance.

"My lord," Nicole Bioknight states looking up at Archduke Forbain with an honest tone; " Great Commander Fernil has arrived outside the throne room."

"She's all ready here?" Indels asked showing that he was even more impressed.

"She is very prudent." Forbain admitted shrugging his shoulder as he skims through the letter onc more time; "Send her in at once."

"As you command my lord." Nicole bows as she stands up and exits toward the main hallway where Fernil was waiting. Indels looks at Forbain who was ready for him this time with the details.

"The letter has stated that Fernil has found the infidel that was flying that _airplane_." Forbain explains as he letter some the details of the body of the letter aloud; " There will be more as Fernil enters." As he finishs that statment as if he was on cue Great Commander Fernil enters from the main entrance and looks very serious as if she didn't want to see him anymore. This sence was almost to apparent and it was hard to do this when you know that Emperor Forbain is a real war-monger who hates Usland because of its sucesses at the expense of religion and pure diverse culture. Still; treason was treason and doing something now would be in vain otherwise.

"Ahh....Lady Fernil." Indels said bowing down at the presence of a woman; " We have been expecting you.."

"I am here to serve you my lord.." Fernil said as she kneels down and bows before the king as she routinely does without question. Forbain was smiling as she looks back at Forbain.

"Ahh...Commander Fernil;" Forbain said in a glowing tribute to his best solider and a sign that he doesn't need a formal greeting for this wonderful victory that she served up with; ".... it is turely a pleasure to see you return back in my presence."

"Yes my lord." Fernil said strongly as she stands back up and look at Forbain. ~Forbain's playing with me.... Why is Forbain so interested in a product that he clearly hates as with anything Usland creates? Something's up?~ she thought as Forbain begins to look at the letter once again.

"Yes; I was reading over the report that you gave me and I must say that I'm impressed.." Forbain said with an evil grin that Fernil took as a sign that Forbain was indeed hiding something from her and the Freelanda people; ".. Yes; I wanted to talk to you about the great _airplane_ that you managed to recover."

"Yes my lord.." Fernil responded not about to show her hand in being a dissent in these unknown plans; "..I am awaiting your orders concerning the airplane itself...."

"I've been weighing my options concerning this issue.." Forbain explained as he paused for one moment before finally explaining his decision; "..and I order that the plane should be towed to the castle and researched. Once the proper research is done; then I will make a final ruling."

"My lord....I thought that....." Fernil said as if she was questionning the motives of Forbain. He had stated for years that he would never touch or let anyone else anything created by Usland hands and it was considered a death wish otherwise. To allow this was out of character and it pointed out that Forbain has something that was considered a war againest Usland. Indels was angry now; no one was suppose to question the orders of Archduke Forbain and anyone caught doing so meant death for the accused.

"Are _you_ questioning the order of the great king of Austria-Freelanda?" Indel asked protesting Fernil's questionning of his king, however Forbain was pointing at Indels as a signal to back off and let him do the ruling on this; " I thought that _you_ ..."

"I know that you are very surprised by my decision to let the plane be retrived rather than be destoryed.." Forbain said as if he didn't care about the questionning of authority given by Fernil; "....The reason why I am doing this is because I wanted to learn about these immoral pests."

"You _want to learn_ things from Usland?" Fernil asked surprised. To her Forbain as maintained that he didn't want to learn anything from Usland at all. They were evil and he had all the proof he needed in their cocky attitudes. Now; Forbain wants to learn more about Usland... Forbain is covering up something and Fernil knew it.

"Yes my lady.." Forbain responded strongly; "..It is ture that we are dealing with very evil beings...However; no matter how evil they are we must always observe their actions. If does us no good to just accuse furries or even whole government without actual evidence or proof. It actually that kind of thinking could destory our cause as quickly as any evil could."

"So in other words," Fernil said as he mentioned that Baloo was caught by the Royal Command Force two days ago; " the bear that was recovered; _alive_ _is_ now a Prisoner of War."

"I think '_Prisoner of War_' is very harsh my lady;.." Forbain said feeling queasy from the tone of voice Fernil gave to him which was to say that Forbain kidnaps people; "..Call in if you like _Recover From Victiminaztion_. Anyway; I will order a recon system team to help you bring the _airplane_ back to the castle.....piece by piece if need be....However; don't worry about that mission Lady Fernil. That will happen tommorrow...For now; why don't you go to your royal chamber of the guard and go wash up....take a bath or shower and relax. Tonight we are going to has a party in your honour!" That statement haunted Fernil and in the back of her mind it made her very bitter indeed. She hated parties as they were a waste of time and money. Money that was needed to buy supplies for the poor and the defenseless. Forbain was curel and bad to the bone and all of his niceness was nothing more than civilaity used as a weapon to justify not helping the poor.

"I will be attending as you order my lord." Fernil said sounding very sparse at best. The good thing was that Forbain didn't notice. The whole plan was completed and he didn't care about formalities at this point. No surprise; that there were only spoken laws and not written laws.

"Excellent.." Forbain exclaimed as Nicole Bioknight re-entered the throne room right on cue; "..Ah Nicole? Please escort Lady Fernil to the Royal Guard washing area. Oh; don't forget to tell Colonel Apros, General Slust and General Forgel that they have been invited to the party."

"It shall be told my lord.." Nicole bows down and nods at Fernil to obey her command...Great Commander; this way..."

"[I wonder why Forbain wants this bear?]" Fernil wispered quietly as her awareness level was reaching full blast; "[Something is fishy with Emperor Forbain.]" Fernil and Nicole both walk to the first door on the left of the main entrance which was the same door that Peter and EdCain exited. Nicole opens the door and both exit the throne room via that passgeway. Forbain returns to his seat and begins to show faux concern for the lady commander of the Royal Force.

"Such a pity..." Forbain exclaimed as he twiddles his fingers and smiles with an evil smile. Indel looks at him and it scared him as this was a sign that Forbain was soon going to dispose of her. Her skills were no longer needed and that was sad for Indels since Fernil was the most loyal solider in all of Freelanda.

"My lord; once Lady Fernil completes this mission;" Indels said realizing that the next mission in question would be Fernil's last according to the original plan Forbain issued; "... your purpose for her will be complete."

"That is correct Indel." Forbain responded without any second thoughts. Indels was now wondering what was next for Fernil now that Forbain said that she is no longer needed in this mission for peace.

"What do we do with her?" Indels asked as he gulped as the smile of Forbain becoming wider and wider.

"Simple.." Forbain responds; "..We pay her and she heads back to Lyndon." Indels was shuddering with fear now. Their most loyal servent of this mission would be killed if she gone back to her home city.

"My lord.." Indels said gulping again as that city is the first target in Forbain's master plan whatever it was; "..the master plan puts her in the line of fire." Forbain was giggling and was ready to send the message home.

"That's the idea!" Forbain shouted laughing and smirking like an evil devil. To him Fernil was still Usland material and as long as she is; she was evil. It was a setup by Forbain himself and Forbain knew that Fernil was questionning his authority all along. Using her own minds for ture peace as a crutch; he can thrust forward with the ultimate plan. Fernil had no idea what she had gotten herself into.....Or did she know....?

***

Well; Nicole certainly didn't know about Lady Fernil Canagadara who was a religious person who clearly saw the worst form of blastomphy and contempt for the almighty hidden in these walls. Nicole and Fernil were inside a hallway made of stone which was 15 feet wide, 15 feet high and more than 100 feet long with solid oak doors dotted every 20 feet or so. The ceiling was curved at about ten feet. Fernil walks behind Nicole and is still thinking and reflecting on her relationship with the Freelanda; and the more she actually thought about it the more bitter she became. It was eating up her conscience faster than Baloo Waladaze eating at a all-you-can-eat for a dollar buffet. Her heart was torn apart and she was the cause of it.

"This is a great moment for our cause." Nicole explained cheerfully as she gently ribbed the ever bitter Fernil who are not convinced about this party at all. Not to mention that Fernil has been shown no proof that Usland is the center of evil or axis of evil as Forbain claimed. It was almost like she knew that the real axis of evil was Forbain himself and Freelanda continues to suffer under a false notion that they were turely free when they were really under a dicatorship of suffering, torture and repression.

"Forbain is sounding fishy." Fernil responds bitterly which makes Nicole jumpy to say the least. Forbain would consider this an act treason if he ever heard this at all. Nicole was fearful now that Fernil was casting insubornation.

"Oh come on Lady Fernil.." Nicole protested trying to convince Fernil that this bitterness was being used at the wrong time right now; ".....That's no way to talk to the Emperor. Besides he has just invitied you to a lavish party."

"This is the eighth party we have had in the last two months.." Fernil snapped back even more bitter than ever before as nothing she said was a justifcation for this party or this movement for peace for that matter right now; ".....and the budgets for parties was gone after the second party."

"Look;" Nicole complained feeling that Fernil was shooting herself in the head and trying to feel some compassion for the bitter great commander; " Forbain is trying to get in sink with the people."

"These parties are only for the _Royal Guard_." Fernil shouted bitterly as she recalls the reasons why she was bitter; the marshes into cities were most of the residents were very poor and the taxes were so high they were thrown out of their houses into the slum where the landtaker would enslave them and feed them dieased food; " The people I've met in the roads of Freelanda look very bleak at best....At worst; a dissent threw a rock at me; calling me a coward and one of the Royal Guard nearly killed the offender." Fernil looks at Nicole with a sharp look of pure anger; " Honestly; that dropped morale to rock-bottom lengths that is for sure." Nicole and Fernil turns left to the second last doorway and enters the Royal Woman Guard Changing Room. The chamber is huge despite the fact that only Fernil & Nicole were the only female members of the Royal Guard. The place measures 45 feet by 35 feet with a height of 15 feet and features five rooms eight feet by ten feet by eight feet used for chaning on the right side of the room. On the left side of the room was a large place for a showder area ten feet by ten feet by eight feet tall. The entrance was covered with a white opaqe rubber sheet. The back wall contained ten basins used for face washing. The top ceiling is vaulted and has a wooden-pine ceiling fan. It was a modern marvel for a relatively anicent castle. Nicole nodded in agreement that this affair was a mistake on the part of the Royal Guard.

"I know.." Nicole said stunned at the bitterness of Fernil; "..that was _turely_ embarassing."

"....and immoral to boat." Fernil explained as she walks into one of the change rooms and closes the shower curtain; " Worse than _that_; that was actually standard practice.." she spits inside the room in digust; "....I shudder to think what _extreme force_ or _measures_ would mean....."

"I don't know.." Nicole shook her head as Nicole walks to the northeast corner of the change area where Fernil's very own silk-laced white one piece dress with pearl earring and lots of lace. Meanwhile; Fernil takes her helmet and her armor off and place them on the ground. Nicole gently takes the dress and walks back towards the change room where Lady Fernil was changing ;"..Here's the dress for you to slip in..." Nicole passes the dress to Fernil's outstreched hand underneath the curtain. Fernil gently grabs the dress and pull it in underneath the curtain. Despite the expressions that couldn't be expressed inside the change room because of the shower curtain; Fernil was not amused; not impressed and certainly not happy with Nicole's lame excuses toward the Archduke. Sure she was protecting herself from being labelled a traitor and sadly taking the label of coward to her grave. Fernil was more gentle on the dress than on Nicole's own concerns.

"Thank you..." Fernil said as she puts on her white dress and earrings in short order and being gentle so that the lace wasn't damaged; "..If anything; Forbain's relationship with the people has not been stelar to say the least."

"Don't worry Great Commander.." Nicole exclaimed cheerfully as she waited for her great commander to exit the change area; "....once the Emperor convinces the rest of the world that there is evil form within; then the path to ture peace will be had." Fernil was still bitter; but she wanted peace as much as anyone in this world. However; as she slides the curtain and walks out of the change room with her dress on in all of its lace and white silk glory she was still not happy; but not bitter either. She had also put on those round pearl earrings as well. It was a formal dress that she wore to these worthless parties.

"But will that mean another Great War.." Fernil asked as she ponders the question that Forbain refuses to answer; "...Honestly; Nicole I don't think that the world can afford another holy war...let alone our money-strapped country."

"You have a point there..." Nicole admitted as she enters into the change room and closes the shower curtain as Fernil exits the change rooms and re-enters the hallway where on her left was General Slust and General Forgel walking towards her from the left; where there was a stairway leading to the jails downstairs.

"Great Commander?!" General Forgel greets her relucently.

"Call me Fernil or Lady Fernil.." Fernil proclaims with a cross look on her face, ignoring the rules of dutymanship; "....We are not on duty!"

"Don't get mad at us Fernil.." Slust protested holding his hands in defense; "..I know we are not on duty....besides you missed all the fun."

"Oh come on Slust!" Forgel responded trying to cover Slust's mouth but misses him by a country mile; " Lady Fernil doesn't want to hear all the gory details."

"Ah....look at little Forgel;" Slust teases Forgel; ".... questionning Fernil's manhood..."

"SHUT UP!!" Fernil shouted as the words proceeding surprising Forgel and Slust that she would respond giving that she wasn't a male in the first place; I don't care about anyone talking my manhood. How dare you act like a clown?!"

"Okay;" Slust responded again holding his hands up in defense; "....if you don't want to hear about how Zojo's treating Baloo...." That name invoked Fernil into a state of shock. Only she knew who Baloo's name in these parts. She met Baloo years ago with her mom Jude after Randolls XVI was being used by the Air Pirates; Kit Cloudkicker saved the pastor from falling for Don Karnage's evil scheme at the time. Now Slust and Forgel were mentioning the name out loud.

"Baloo?!" Fernil asked looking stunned at the whole ordeal; " How did you know his name?!"

"Zojo told me." Slust said simply as Fernil started to get her famous sharp look; a look that told her that something was up and that Forbain's own plans are not transparent; ~What does Zojo know? I thought he was just a creepy mad sciencist!~ Fernil thought as the name of Zojo creeped Fernil out more than any other doctor in existance. Zojo never made sense in her own professional opinion as he only came because he was kicked out of Jepang just before Great War II started because of his poor practice of medience and his out-of-whack theories on mental behaviour and stimuti. However; for some unknown reason, his theories sounded more like common sense than anything else. The problem was that she wanted to see this Baloo for herself and do so before the party begins.

"Oh by the way; you two better wash up and change." Fernil explained looking happy now which caused Forgel to shake his head in amazement; " The king has summoned us to yet another party..."

"Wow!" Slust said as his eyes were bedazzling him; " Another party!" This was bad news for Forgel as he has seen this rountine out of Slust before and it was not healthy to say the least.

"Oh brother!" Forgel said as he shook his head; " Stars in Slust's eyes plus parties equal dangerous obession." This was the main weakness of Slust; Forbain was trying hard to make Slust sin and it showed. Why else does Slust have this gluttenty for parties. It was dangerous to say the least as Slust's mind was distracted from his mission as a member of the Royal Guard.

"I pray do tell." Fernil admitted nodding back at Forgel; " I almost believe that Forbain is trying to punish us."

"Huh?!" Slust shouted as Forgel as now approched him and placed Slust into a headlock; putting Slust out of bedazzlement; "Forgel?!"

"Come on Slust.." Forgel said as he drags Slust to his left and enters the Royal Guard's Men Change Room which was opposite of the women's change area; "..I'm taking you somewhere for your own good."

"Owwww!! Stop it Forgel!" Slust protested as he was caught stone cold into Forgel's headlock and he was clearly not going to let go; " I can walk by myself..."

"Oh;" Fernil said to remind Forgel of additional details that Forbain relayed to her; " tell Colonel Apros that he is also invited..."

"I will Fernil!" Forgel stated as he and Slust exit into the change room with Forgel dragging Slust. Fernil giggled softly at the sence. This was a rare moment of joy in a life of sorrow and injustice and even Fernil needed it. But only in small does of course.

"[Thank you...that was one enjoyable moment.]" Fernil wispered to herself as she smirks with the bitterness gone for a while at least; "[What is Zojo up to with Baloo? I wonder....]" Fernil knew it was time to grab a peek into the underbelly of Forbain's own plans as she walks down a sprialing stone staircase down to the basement floor. The staircase would normally lead to a dungeon. However; the bottom floor was quite a bit different. It was a grossly oversized hallway about 20 feet across with iron-barred wooden doors dotted randomly from left and right side of the hallways. As Fernil walks down the hallway; she hears a lot of moaning and on a couple of occasions she would also hear bouts of screaming as if they were being tortured inside the prison cells. This was a creepy and bleak place. It was yet another example of the truth being seperated from the idealism that Forbain had. He wouldn't need a torture chamber nor the conditions of this planet would be horrible. After walking about halfway through the hallway she sees that Fazi who was holding a candle holder with a white candlestick stuck into the holder who was knocking on the non-barred wooden door harshly. ~How did Fazi get back so quickly? Stranger and stranger....~ Fernil thought bitterly.

"Brother?!" Fazi screamed; "OPEN UP!!" The scream drowned all the sounds of moaning and even the screaming was never heard. The scream was so high-pitched that Fernil's furry ears were ringing painfully ~That scream can shatter glass; that's for sure!~ Fernil thought as she was smiling weakly. The door that Fazi was knocking on finally opened and Fazi enters inside the room in kind. The door quickly shuts behind her with a great slam. Fernil proceeds to walk towards the place where Fazi was and approches the door. Luckly; the door contained an oversized keyhole. Fernil kneels down and looks directly into the keyhole and is about to witness a scence which was turely gothic. The place is bigger than any place in the dungeon area as it was 40 feet long, 40 feet wide and 20 feet hig. It was very dark with only two lightblubs working (hence the candle from Fazi) and giving light. To the left side was a werid machine running loudly with werid controls and signals. To the right was a desk filled with papers. The center was a large table with six chairs in which a middle-aged Blue Jay wearing a white overcoat, white pants and silver glasses. He was well built for a sciencist and used to live in Jepang before fleeing with his sister to Freelanda because of his so-called wacky notions. Zojo was a very bright man for a mad sciencist and did have a cold streak. However; the backend of the wall behind him was the focal point of the room as it contained a huge tank around ten feet tall was filled with some strange blue liquid and the tank contained a naked grey bear who was over 400 pounds and nearly seven feet tall. It was Baloo Waladaze himself; the prisonner that Forbain was talking about and the same guy she saved two days earlier. Fazi places the candle on the table as Zojo was very deep into his studies. ~Why is Zojo being so inhumane?~ Fernil thought gasping at the horror of seeing a furry being naked and floating in a tub like some dead animal. Sure Baloo was wearing a mask in order to breathe; however seeing him this way was cruel and unusal punishment in Fernil's eyes. Maybe her delays in action were starting to cause innocences to be shattered.

"Ah; Fazi." Zojo said as she greets her before turning his back on her and contiuing his studies; " You have returned earlier than expected."

"Zojo;" Fazi asked as she sees Baloo floating in this jar of liquid; " why is that fat immoral bear in that capsule?!"

"Oh come on; are you trying to imply that I'm inhumane.." Zojo protested bitterly; "..This is a Recovery Capsule...one of the most powerful inventions on Earthia! Calling me inhumane is falsefying my character... and this is madness to think that my sister is calling me that!"

"I'm sorry brother.." Fazi said as she repented right in front of Zojo which Zojo ignores her completely; "..however; the guards are calling you creepy."

"Is that so?.." Zojo responds without even making eye content as he was disconnected from the love that Fazi had; ".....Well; I see... I guess it would be creepy considering my plan of conquest is in order......"

"Plan of conquest?!" Fazi asked looking shocked. She didn't know about Zojo being part of Forbain's plan. She felt that Zojo and herself were only getting refuge and safety (read: from the spoken laws of course) in Freelanda. This must be the obilgations that Forbain must have been talking about when Zojo entered this country along with her sister.

"That's right! _Plan_ _of_ _conquest_!" Zojo explained sounding every word so Fazi could understand; " Takahashi's death will not be in vain! I promise thee.."

"Why do you prevoke the name of a terrorist?!" Fazi asked knowing that Zojo was asking for trouble with the Archduke. Forbain was not a fan of that furry being because of his attitudes with being alone. Forbain believed that teamwork was the key to bring peace to the world; even though his beliefs were corrupted by the action of himself. Without written laws; there could not be any public morality; let alone freedom for all.

"Archduke Fortis made a huge mistake when he attempted to destory this planet the way he did..." Zojo responded skating the question completely. This was typical of Zojo as his intention were to be kept screct even from her sister. Zojo looked at Takahashi as a heroic warrior and pilot who was tainted because he accidently blew up a section of Jepang's major Osaka during the first Great War. Jepang considered him a terrorist because he was againest war in general and wished for the two sides which Airabus and Animea refused because of religious clashes between the Usland/Thembrian government to talk about peace and allow Airabus and Animea to reform themselves.

"What are you talking about?" Fazi asked as she couldn't understand her brother most of the time. Zojo never talks like a normal furry being and quite frankly; at times he doesn't talk like a sciencist either. It sounds more like a demigod without the bible tone.

"The real question should be my dear: What are your thinking about?" Zojo said in an attempt to instill fear right into her own sister by pointing at her; " Well; here is the real deal... Remember the times of the Archduke Fortis?"

"The Fortis guard used a poisonous thorn to inject Locoweed into the subject." Fazi said as she recalled the history of Fortis' actions; "It causes their judgement to be clouded that they would accept order from their brainwasher. That was very effective."

"Well; That _will_ be _nothing_ since that isn't good enough." Zojo said as he laughed his own head off; " After numerous studies that I've been doing over the years; I have found that while the method can be substained for long periods of time; you have to refill the Locoweed into the subject in order maintain the plan perfectly....However; I have found the perfect answer to that.." Zojo proceeds to stand up and walk towards a large box. He then proceeds to pull out a large projection screen and sets it up with the feet connected to a pole which conected to the screen as he unwraps the screen and he then proceeds to place a projector machine onto a table with the lens pointing at the projection screen; "..What do you think?"

"You are _turely_ _off_ your royal rocker." Fazi gasped at the projecter and thought that this otherwise harmless product was considered a Zojo invention to be a huge joke; " How do you expect for the great Emperor to take you seriously...."

"I am not here to win serious contests!" Zojo snaps at her sister; " I am here to provide Freelanda's King with version of the Perfect Solution." The term _perfect solution_ was very familiar to Lady Fernil; she has read horror stories about the second Great War. The _perfect solution_ was considered a systematic distruction of lives because of religious assocation. Even non-believers of God were not safe either. It was done by the dicatorship of Animea (read: under the false God) and that phrase would haunt Fernil as she had visited Animea before the war started on her tour around the world (read: The same one that Randolls XV took 20 years ago) and saw poor people from the Hawkeye and the Devine Sparna religion taken from their homes and placed under arrest. Although Fernil never saw the actual slaughter; the king of Animea told Fernil (thinking that she was a White Phoenix priest) personally that these events were happening. She was shaking outside the door now.

"[Perfect solution?!]" Fernil wispered in a shaken state; "[Is he trying to cleanse Usland like the dicatorship did to the many religions? What's going on here?]"

"Perfect solution?" Fazi responded also hearing this phrase before and it just caused Fazi to shudder in fear as the phrase was a sign

"Of course!" Zojo exclaimed cheering in glee as he took out a large reel of film from that box containing the projection materials; " Guess what this film contains?"

"Films that Starrywood rejected?!" Fazi asked thinking quite simply as she eyes the reel of film. Zojo agreed partially with the view of Starrywood rejecting films; however, he knew that it had nothing to do with the quality and everything to do with the content that the world is clearly not ready for.

"Not quite;" Zojo said looking quite bitter over Fazi's lack of common sense; " however, that contains a dirty little secret about electronic media."

"How?!" Fazi asked looking confused as Zojo places the film reel onto the projection holder. It was strange (read: for this period) and maybe it was common sense that was used for evil on the part of Zojo. Zojo knew that Starrywood had something to hide and he was not about to allow the secret to hide any longer....

"Starrywood films do not contain violent scences." Zojo explained as he adjusted his own glasses and spewed out some harsh words for an industry that has been considered to be quite honest; " For if they did; someone could commit an act similar to what they saw on the screen...Now of course; one look is not going to do it since the speed of the film does not give complete recourse."

"What does the film contain?" Fazi asked shuddering at the thought of Zojo's plan as it was unfolding before she and Fernil's eyes.

"Acts of violence.." Zojo said giggling in a wicked tone; "..what else?" The laughing was starting to get on Fernil's nerves. However; the revalation that Starrywood would ban films due to violent content was strange and hypocritical since Starrywood states that their films have had no effect on the consumer. If so; then why does Zojo have them and not the public? The idea start to hit Fernil: ~Zojo's must have a way to brainwash people much like Fortis did.... Zojo must have something up his sleeve.~ she thought shuddering at the doctor's own powerful words.

Fazi proceeds to watch Baloo floating inside the liquid and wonders to her brother; "So where does the _bear in the tank_ fit into the plan?"

"[Baloo?]" Fernil wispered in grave concern as she spots that the grey bear was without a doubt Baloo. His eyes were closed and there was no sign of a smile or expression on his face due to the breathing appuratus that he was using. Zojo looks at Baloo with an evil smile and his thoughts were in sink with everything else that he done. He was an expert in mental conditioning and he was about to put his perfect plan into action....An evil action in the eyes of Fernil.

"Now that you mention it; it is time to reveal the biggest; more foulproof plan in the history of the world." Zojo said with bravado and a sense of seriousness in his voice to make him sound justifed; " And it is much simplier that even I could ever experince....First; we heal the _bear in the tank_ as you see here now for a week. Once he wakes up; we will pamper him and treat him as the king of equals..."

"You _are_ off your rocker!" Fazi said realizing how right Fernil was with the budget being oral instead of written; " Pleasing two kings is going to destory our limited money supply for the kingdom."

"The king has already agreed on the plan.." Zojo said giggling at the horrible plan that he was conjuring up right now; "..Anyway; once the bear has been pampered and wins our trust for us; we then start the brainwashing protocol. We make him watch film of Usland soliders killing our soliders... once he sees that Usland is evil after repeated viewing of the films; then we will train him and see his first recon mission. If sucessful we can starting training on children to create an army of killing machines....and the greatest thing about this is that effects of the brain-washing would last a lifetime; meaning that we won't have to re-brainwash them. Just think........ Usland own imported invention is going to be their downfall...and all Uslanders will be cleansed....along with the Thembrians...!" Zojo starts to laugh out loud and was almost to a complete scream which caused Fernil to cover her ears as she removes herself from the keyhole.

"[I've been lied to! Forbain's plan is to kill anyone who is againest Freelanda desire for peace!]" she wispered as she quietly gasped in horror; "[This is wrong!!]" With that statement Fernil turns on her heel and runs quickly back upstairs. For some reason Zojo stopped laughing and listened to the noises. He knew that Lady Fernil was spying on him as the noise of her footsteps showed. Zojo could tell a person simply by listening to the rhymtic sound of footsteps that the furry makes. It was a scratching sound that Fazi didn't notice nor did she even care.

"Wait a minute!" Fazi responded putting her fist around her well-built hips; " I thought that Forbain was againest this....type of action."

"Emperor Forbain has now realized that Usland is using him as a puppet.." Zojo said looking even more bitter than Fernil as he attempted to justify his own actions of what he considered _noble_; "..However; they will rule the day they messed with my country...." Zojo proceeded to sit down on a chair and bask in the limelight of his ultimate conquest. Fernil had to answer to these charges and must escape this castle and find allies that will not forsake her. She knew what she must do and she needed her Royal Guard to help her once again. Inside the Male Royal Guard Change Area which was the exact same room as the female one. Slust and Forgel were inside their change room with the shower curtains closed when Fernil barges in. She was huffing and puffing. Not to mention that Fernil was very bitter once again. The door opening startled Slust and Forgel to the point where Forgel dropped his bow tie and Slust dropped his dress pants. Fernil waits one moment to catch her breath before yelling at her Royal Guard.

"Slust?! Forgel?!" Fernil shouted bitterly and almost unemotionally; " Get your armor back on!!"

"Fernil?!" Forgel said surprised that she would come in to such a sacred place; "We were just...."

"GET DRESSED NOW!!" Fernil barked loudly causing Slust's ears to tingle slightly from the noise; " We have a real mission on our hands!"

"Great Commander;" Forgel explained as the voice was concerning Forgel greatly as a sign of betrayal to Forbain; "..I..." Forgel was hoping that Fernil would cease this rebellion; however, his prayers were not answered.

"NOW!!" Fernil barked even louder than before. That was a sign to Slust that this was important and required great attention.

"Yes Great Commander!" Slust responded as he and Forgel got their armor back on. Fernil's expression said it all it was of intense anger. Forbain was lying to himself and his kingdom over his intentions of peace. All he wanted was another war to succeed where Archduke Fortis failed. Slust and Forgel were loyal to Lady Fernil which she was the only post they have had since they met nearly three years ago. Forbain was going to hate them now for insubornation. Still Forbain's evilness was not showing as the parties was soon going to commence.

***

As Fernil gets ready to leave unexpecting; the royal dining room area sitting at their seats are Archduke Forbain, Minister Indels, Colonel Gary Apros and Peter. The dining area is huge, second only to the throne room area. It is a square area at 250 feet and is 20 feet high. It was a vaulted ceiling with a crystal chandiler containing more than 30 crystals surrounding the circular light outlet and the crystals shine perfect rainbows onto the table surface. The entire floor is covered with red carpet. There are 16 chairs surrounding a huge round table made out of solid grantie. There are 16 plate on top of the table in front of the chair; with knives and forks on each side. The food is spread around randomly; having meat, fish, vegatables, and fruits spread about. In the dead center of the table was a large vase of black roses sitting on top of a white cloth. There are two doors in the room; the south end had wooden double-doors which leads into the kitchen while the western end had a large oak wooden door which leads into the hallway. Peter is sitting right beside Forbain on the left side of Forbain while Indel and Apros were sitting on the right side of Forbain. Forbain was waiting very impatiently; as the party should had started an hour ago and Fernil was never late. Even stranger was that Slust was not present as he was the one who loved parties and there was supposed to be dancing later. Forbain looks very cross at Indels. Was this a protest to the over-use of fund for these types of parties? Forbain didn't know and really didn't care as he wanted to punish Fernil for slacking off which was rare for her in the time that was spent at Austria-Freelanda.

"Where are my star soliders.." Forbain speaks looking around and seeing only Colonel Apros present at this latest party that was going to be over-budget again; "..Usually Fernil and company aren't this slow....I thought that this would be an informal party..."

"Should we begin the party without them my lord?!" Indels asked which gave Forbain a major case of strong voicing.

"No we cannot start!" Forbain protested; " My; that would be the rudest thing this kingdom has ever done!" Forbain had rules to follow and rudeness was simply unacceptable and completely unfair to the guests who were going to be honored. Indels should have known better than that.

"I'm sorry my lord." Indels said nodding that he understands his grave mistake; but Forbain was still pretty upset.

"You better be..." Forbain as he takes a quick glance at Peter and sees that he is looking down at the ground feeling depressed; "..My dear friend what's wrong?!"

"Excuse my depression my lord." Peter responded looking striaght at Forbain; " I was wondering if Fernil is actually one of us?" Forbain eyes lit up as he was surprised by this important question.

"Don't worry Peter.." Forbain responded a little shaken up that a young boy would even ask that question; "..Fernil wouldn't betray me...." Forbain was very surprised indeed; as no one has ever questioned his choices and his beliefs. However; Peter was so young and he was only questionning the fact that the great commander known as Fernil was not acting strong in the face of this grand quest for _real peace_; as he himself claimed.

"She was talking about living in Usland." Peter said remembering that Fernil was protesting about Usland not being the infidels that Forbain actually proclaimed them. Forbain then remembers that she was from those parts and maybe Peter didn't understand why he picked her to lead the charge.

"Ahh yes! I know that she used to live in Usland and also in Lyndon. That's why I hired her.." Forbain explained; "..her connections with the axis and her desire to see real peace were the two factors in my eyes of choices." As he ends that exchange with Peter; Indels suddenly stand up and walks towards the Archduke.

"Excuse me my lord.." Indel asked fumbling his words a little bit due to the strong presence of the Archduke; "....Can we have our drinks right now?!"

"Very well; but we are not allowed to have wine." Forbain said looking annoyed as he was not finished with Peter; " There are children present....." This was out of custom or in this case religious belief of the Forbain empire. The sale of alcohol was banned from the country; but then again this is Freelanda where the laws are only spoken. Forbain was againest this because it broke up families, killed furry human being and in his own words turned people into degerenates. Too bad; the procession of alcohol wasn't banned; not that no one would notice as spoken laws are harder to enforce than written ones.

"Yes my lord!" Indels exclaimed as he walks towards the southern door and exits through to the kitchen where the food and refreshments were being created. Forbain continues to look at Peter; reassuring him that Fernil was a good commander that wouldn't turn on him. Even though he had a death wish for her to await in Lyndon.

"At least now I can talk to Peter again...." Forbain said looking at that southern door before concerating on Peter.

"Sir?!" Peter asked with his eyes focused on Forbain once again. He didn't seem as convinced as Forbain does and Forbain started to realize that there was something afoot with his _Great Commander_.

"Don't worry my child.." Forbain tried again to reassure Peter that Fernil was still loyal to his cause; "..... with me as leader; nothing can go wrong..." Sadly; all of Peter's criticism was starting to show its ture color as EdCain flung the doors which lead into the hallway quickly and he was huffing and puffing as there was a one inch gash on his forehead and blood was coming down from it. Indels re-enters the room from the kitchen as he clearly heard the doors slam open and sees the carnage from EdCain. What was even worse than that was the fact that Peter was still in the room.

"EdCain?!" Indels said as he sees the gash right away and gasps in horror which causes EdCain to cover the wound with his hands; " What the...."

"We've been had..." EdCain said as he continued to huff and puff and that caused Forbain to become cross with him. Not only was EdCain being very rude in front of Peter's presence; the huffing and puffing was making the deep gash in the forehead much worse. EdCain needed medical attention badly and forgot that any activity can make this problem even worse than it had to be.

"I command you to stop huffing you are going to kill yourself..." Forbain commanded as EdCain as if he was on command started to calm down quickly and was able to regain his voice; "..Good.... Now you can explain..."

"My lord...Lady Fernil is gone." EdCain said calmly but was still sounding a panicky at times; " Fernil; Slust and Forgel knocked out at least two soliders in the Royal Stables. She went as far as to seeth her sword to my forehead screaming _Forbain Is A Fruad_!"

"What?!" Indel asked loudly. Lady Fernil had never turned out like this before in Indels eyes. Never before has anyone screamed and accused Forbain of being a fraud or anything as negative before. This was coming from their Great Commander no less. Prehaps now that denial that Forbain had; that he could change a Lyndon resident into a believer of ture peace was nothing but a dream. The harsh reality of it all was starting to make Forbain really angry and when he was angry; the anger is often very violent. That's why it rarely happens with Forbain.

"She did _WHAT?!" Forbain screamed taking a plate of food and flinging it againest a wall as Nicole Bioknight enters the dining hall. She assumed that Lady Fernil had already entered; but had not seen her. Nor her allies either; although Colonel Apros was there. Nicole was wearing a beautiful purple dress with pink ribbons. She had changed just after Fernil did.

"What's going on here?" Nicole Bioknight asked as she saw the plate hit the wall and the disk breaks instantly upon impact. Forbain turns around and sees her without Lady Fernil. He had told her to guard her at all times.

"_WHAT'S_ _GOING_ _ON_ _HERE_?" Forbain screams violently as he puts a strong spin upon each word that he said. Nicole gulps as she knew that she had failed Forbain in guarding Fernil. She didn't know how bad the situation was; that Fernil attacked her own allies; degraded the Archduke; calling his a fraud in a screaming voice and leaving the castle. And Nicole didn't stop her at all and was more concerned with the party. Indels realized that this was about to become ugly and Peter should not stand around here with his so-called _innocence_ being shattered.

"Peter; Please come with me.." Indels explained as Peter stands up and it looked like he didn't hear a thing; "..you don't need to hear this...."

"Yes Mr. Indel." Peter obeyed without question as Indels and Peter both exit into the kitchen. Nicole was sweating grapefruits now; as if Peter wasn't allowed to hear this then she was in big trouble.

"You were supposed to look after Fernil!" Forbain wheezed bitterly as Colonel Gary Apros stands up when Forbain points a finger at him; " _You_....Colonel Apros?"

"Yes my lord!" Gary Apros saluted at the king trying to win the approval of the king. Forbain saw the fear in his eyes and wasn't going to buy it. Apros had a job to do in his eyes and that would win the king's approval.

"Arrest this traitor!!" Forbain commanded.

"Wait a minute!" Nicole protested as Apros walks behind Nicole; " I was guarding Fernil until ...." That small word until was stinging Forbain even more as this proved that Nicole was a complete and utter failure. To Archduke Forbain; failure was not an option and would be punished in ways that human rights would be violated just thinking about it.

"_UNTIL_; Apros?!" Forbain demanded; " Put her into our _CHAMBER_!" The word _chamber_ caused EdCain and Nicole to shudder with absolute fear. It was considered the worst form of torture in all of Freelanda and prehaps the entire world to boot. Nicole was about to protest but was unable to as Colonel Apros grabs her from behind by the neck and hips and was dragged away towards the exit into the hallway. She tries to struggle free but it was no good as Colonel Apros was much stronger than she was.

"MY LORD....DON'T DO THIS!! NOT THE CHAMBER!" Nicole screamed as she was dragged out of the room very quickly; "ANYTHING BUT THAT!! HELP MEEEEEE!!" Both Colonel Apros and Nicole Bioknight exit out of the room as EdCain was still shuddering in fear as Indels re-enters the dining room via the kitchen without Peter this time.

"My lord..." Idel attempted to explain; however, Forbain was still in his trance of violent fits.

"Why did this traitor....?" he screamed as Zojo and Fazi both enter the dining room looking very serious themselves. Zojo was the polar opposite of Forbain right now; a very calm and pretty brizzare tone was causing even more fright to the talker than the victim. However; Forbain was very tense at this moment to even care.

"She heard my plans my lord." Zojo admitted as he adjusted his glasses before Forbain starts to notice Zojo and this time he wanted to unleash

"She did WHAT?" Forbain screamed right into Zojo's face. However; unlike Nicole, Zojo just looked at him with no sense of fear at all. Zojo was a mental case to say to least and he wasn't afraid of authourity figures and to tell them that they are wrong on his own assumpations.

"I warned you that Fernil would turn on us." Zojo explained pinning the blame for Fernil's behaviour on him; " Her relationship with Usland is too tempting for her not to jump ship."

"EdCain! Indel!" Forbain barked out trying to get rid of some bodies and talk to Zojo alone; " Take EdCain to the medical treatement center at once!! Fazi?!" he looks at her sister; " Tell Apros that he is to seek out and kill Fernil at once....along with Slust and Forgel....." As he said that both EdCain and Indels both approched each other with Indel using a large cloth to cover the deep gash wound on EdCain in which EdCain was walking slowly because of the lost of blood and both decided to exit towards the hallway.

"Yes my lord...." Fazi bows out before turning around and exiting behind EdCain and Indel. Now Forbain and Zojo were alone; with Peter still in the kitchen as it was now safe to talk to each other once again.

"She will pay for this!!" Forbain yells at Zojo referring to the treason charges that Lady Fernil will suffer once caught. Forbain looked very bitter and Zojo was clearly not amused by these moments of cynical behaviour. This panic streak was the real waste of time here.

"Colonel Apros is wasting his time." Zojo said unemotionally as that statement made Forbain's eyebrows light up in surprise. A command that was a waste of time was not good in the eyes of Archduke Forbain. Zojo was really pressing his own luck and yet there was nothing that Forbain could do because he _is_ the reason why these plans are even going full-circle.

"Your point being?!" Forbain asked hissing at Zojo who was continuing to show no fear in his eyes and had an evil smirk in his own voice.

"I know where she is going.." Zojo explained as he takes off his glasses and polishes them with a cloth and looks at Forbain smiling in a wicked tone; "..she's going back to Lyndon in the hope that people would believe that a second holy war would begin. They'll see her as a terrorist and bring her to justice. No one in Usland; or the infidels _partner_ countries for that matter won't believe her." Meanwhile; inside the forest, three horses are galloping swifty across the area in triangle formation....Commander Fernil is in the lead followed closed behind by Slust and Forgel. Slust and Forgel are wearing their original army uniforms and while the place was quiet; Fernil's own soul was tormented as if Zojo was actually there to mock her. *The plan is coming full circle!* Zojo's voice shouts out in Fernil's own thoughts and they were laughing and mocking her.

"You drag us into the middle of nowhere...." Slust protested as his feelings were hurt and the fact that they were not going to the party. However; Fernil was ignoring him as she didn't care for party. To her Forbain was a liar; he believe in the very sins that he was supposed to be againest and one was gluttenly as Slust was firecely demonstrating here with his addicition to parties. Forgel wasn't a big fan of parties; however he was still loyal to Forbain and that was a concern to Fernil.

"Where are _we_ going?" Forgel asked wondering if Fernil was asking for a death wish as well.

"To Lyndon." Fernil responded and that caused Slust to gulp. ~Lyndon is part of the evil that Forbain was protraying...~ he thought in a fightened thought.

"But you are betraying Emperor Forbain" Slust protested as Fernil becomes even more annoyed at the lack of understanding that these lower soliders were showing as they were clearly not thinking for themselves; "...and the anti-infidel squad by doing that!"

"Who do you want to betray: Forbain or God?!" Fernil snapped back looking at the two soliders as she was about to say that God is not on Forbain's side. Forgel and Slust were speechless as this was the first time they have heard someone separate Forbain from the almighty. They were always told that the almighty was speaking to Forbain about the evils of the world and he must stop them.

"Commander? I...." Forgel responded and was unable to finish his statement. Fernil didn't care about the answer that Forgel wanted her to hear. She was galloping as the thoughts of Zojo raced through her head. Her mind was made up; Zojo is evil and he's about to answer for his crimes againest furrykind. ~Zojo's make a big mistake....~ She thought seriously ~ I know one furry who will believe me...The Devine Child himself..... Christopher AeroStar!!~ She smiled as the horse continue to gallop into the forest bound for the Freelanda border. Nothing was going to stop her; no matter how hard it was going to be to convince the world that another war was going to start again.

End of Introduction


Return to Kit Cloudkicker Fanfics Page

Return to the Unofficial Kit Cloudkicker Homepage


Special Thanks to 50 Webs for providing space for this webpage. Click here to find out how you can get your free homepage and 60 Megabytes of webspace.