Return to 50 Webs.

Colors  of  the  Past  Series

                      by Nina  Adams

Disclaimer: Baloo, Rebecca Cunningham, Don Karnage, Kit Cloudkicker, Molly Cunningham and WildCat are (c)1990/1991 Walt Disney Company and are being used without premission. The writer has made sure that all material represented here is not used for profit and is used with the upmost respect to Disney and the Tale Spin team. All other characters are the property of the writer.


    Part 2 - Somewhere Over The Rain Cloud

 

 Note-This  is  the  story  of  how  Kit  and  Guinna  met  and how  they learn  that  their  not  the  only  ones  struggling  with  their  past.

 

     Circa-1938.  Early  morning  set  over  Cape  Suzette.  The  sun shined  into  the  window  of  Baloo  and  Kit's  room.  It  shone  right in  Kit's  eyes.  That  was  his  alarm  clock.  He  slid  out  of  bed and  put  on  his  familiar  green  sweater  and  blue  and  red  baseball cap. 

     "Bye,  Papa  Bear.  See  you  this  afternoon"  Kit  said  grabbing his  backpack  and  going  down  the  stairs.

     "Bye,  Lil'  Britches"  Baloo  said  sleepily  falling  back  asleep.

     Rebecca  was  downstairs  making  coffee  in  the  kitchen.  Kit walked  in  and  grabbed  a  blueberry  muffin.

     "Morning  Miz  Cunningham.   Any  runs  today?"

     "Good  morning,  Kit.  You  and  Baloo  have  a  run  at  6:oo.  So, make  sure  your  here  by  five."

     "Don't  worry.  I'll  be  here."

     "Okay.  Have  a  good  day  at  school."

     "Thanks,  Miz  Cunningham"  Kit  said  running  out  the  building.

     Kit's  day  at  school  went  pretty  good.  He  got  an  A  on  his math  test  and  Kourtney  James,  a  dark  gray  cat  in  his  English class,  flirted  with  him  for  a  while  at  lunch.  He  left  school and  started  back  to  Higher  for  Hire  on  his  usual  path.  Something caught  his  eye  ahead  of  him.  A  young  toffee  brown  bearess  was walking  twenty  feet  in  front  of  him.  She  was  acting  strange.

Always  looking  around  like  she  was  seeing  if  anyone  was  following her.  Kit  got  real  curios  about  the  girls  behavior.  She disappeared  into  the  bushes  next  to  the  road.  Kit's  curiosity lead  him  straight  into  the  weeds  behind  her.  He  followed  her  for a  few  more  minutes  until  she  disappeared.  ~Now,  where  did  that girl  go? ~  The  sound  of  a  twig  snapping  came  from  behind  him. Before  he  could  turn  around,  something  hit  him  in  the  back  of the  head.  Kit  fell  to  the  ground  unconscience.

     Kit  regained  conscienceness  after  away.  The  blow  to  his  head was  minor.  He  held  his  head.  No  blood  was  shed,  but  there  was a  bump.  He  rolled  over  to  find  the  young  bearess  pointing  a pistol  in  his  face.

     "Get  up"  she  ordered.

     "What  did  I  do?"  Kit  asked   standing  up.

     "Be  quiet.  I  know  he'd  send  someone  to  kill  us."

     "What  are  you  talking  about?"

     "Your  here  to  kill  me,  right?"

     "Kill  you?  Me?  No!"

     "Your  not  an  air  pirate?"  the  embarrassed  girl  asked  lowering her  pistol.

     "No."

     "O,  great!  This  looks  good.  Me  attacking  innocent  bystanders."

     "It's  okay.  My  head  only  hurts  alittle."

     "Well,  sorry."

     "That's  all right.  So,  why  do  the  air  pirates  want  to  kill you?"

     "None  of  your  business.  You  won't  be  interested?"

     "Try  me."

     "Just  get  out  of  here  please  and  don't  tell  anyone  we  met."

     "Why?  Who  are  you?  I  want  to  know."

     The  girl  turned  avoiding  Kit.  The  talk  of  her  association with  the  air  pirates  hurt  her.  Her  scorned  memory  was  hard  to bear.

     "I'll  tell  you  who  I  am.  I'm  Kit  Cloudkicker."

     "The  boy  who  flys  through  the  air?"

     "Yeah.  That's  me"  Kit  said  proudly.

     "My  brother  thinks  the  stuff  you  do  is  amazing.  I  haven't seen  your  flying  yet,  but  I  can  imagine  how  spectacular  your stunt  is."

     "Could  you  please  tell  me  your  name?"

     "Guinna  Gabriella  Kurosawa"  she  said  sticking  out  her  paw. Kit  excepted  it  and  shock  the  girl's  paw.

     "Who  is  us?"

     "My  brother  and  I"

     "Why  are  the  air  pirates  after  you?"

     "Why  are  you  so  interested?"

     "Because  the  air  pirates  want  to  kill  me  too."

     "Really?"

     "Really!  I  know  the  feeling  of  having  to  watch  you're  back all  the  time.  But  I  don't  aim  a  pistol  at  anyone  I  come across."

     "My  brother  makes  me  carry  it.  He  says  I  can't  take  any risk."

     "Even  if  Cape  Suzette  is  protected?"

     "There's  other  stuff   we  have  to  watch  out  for."

     "Like  what?"

     "It's  very  complicated.  Hey!  Why  don't  you  come  home  with me.  My  brother  would  love  to  met  you."

     "I  can't  stay  for  long.  I  got  a  job  and  I  have  to  be there  at  5:00."

     "That's  okay.  Come  on."

     Guinna  gestured  her  paw  to  follow  her.  She  led  Kit  to  a tiny  cabin  in  the  thicket  of  the  bushes.  She  opened  the  rickety door  to  the  cabin.

     "The  squeaking  is  our  alarm  if  anyone  tries  to  get  in  here when  were  asleep"  she  explained  leading  him  in.  "Hey  Mac."

     "Welcome  back,  Guin"  said  a  tall  chocolate  brown  bear  turned to  the  corner  reading  a  book "I  was  starting  to  get  worried about  you."

     "I'm  all right.  I  can  take  care  of  myself."

     "Yeah.  I  got  a  bump  on  my  head  to  prove  it"  Kit  spoke  up.

     "Who's  your  friend,  Guin?"

     "I'm  Kit…Kit  Cloudkicker."

     "The  Kit  Cloudkicker.  The  boy  who  glides  through  the  air  on that  board?"

     "That's  me."

     "It's  an  honor  to  meet  you."

     "Thanks."

     Kit  looked  down  at  his  watch.  Almost  five.  "I  have  to  get going  or  I'll  be  late  for  work."

     "Okay.  See  ya  later."

     Kit  walked  out  the  cabin.  ~Strange  people~  he  thought.  He walked  into  Higher  for  Hire  rubbing  his  head.  It  still  hurt  from the  girl  hitting  him. 

     "What's  wrong  with  your  head  Lil'  Britches?"  Baloo  asked surprising  Kit  who  didn't  see  him  sitting  in  the  big  red  chair.

     "O,  hey  Papa  Bear.  I  have  a  small  headache."

     "Are  you  up  for  the  trip,  kiddo?"

     "Yeah.  I  just…I  just  scared  this  girl  and  she  hit  me."

     "Musta  been  some  girl."

    "Yeah.  Some  girl."

    

    

     Kit  glided  in  the  sky  on  his  air  board.  Cape  Suzette  was down  below.  Everything  looked  miniature  as  he  took  a  peek  under him.  They  were  coming  close  to  Higher  for  Hire.  Kit  saw  a familiar  person  sitting  on  the  a  dock  close  to  their  dock.  He scawened  his  eyes  and  made  out  that  it  the  he  meet  the  day before.  He  waved  at  her  and  she  waved  back. 

    When  they  landed,  Kit  ran  out  the  plane  to  talk  to  her,  but she  was  gone  again.

     "Lil'  Britches,  who  you  lookin  fer?"  Baloo  asked  getting  out the  Duck.

     "Just  someone  I  saw  sitting  down  there  on  that  dock,  but their  gone."

     "Well,  maybe  they  had  to  leave."

     "Yeah.  Maybe  your  right."

     Kit  was  thought  something  fishy  was  going  on  with  that  girl. She  never  did  tell  him  why  the  air  pirates  were  after  her,  and her  brother  was  strange  too.  She  didn't  even  say  hardly  a  word around  her  brother.  He  wanted  to  find  out  the  truth  about  Guinna Gabriella  Kurosawa.

 

     The  following  day,  the  sky  was  full  of  dozens  of  puffy white  clouds.  Kit  begged  Baloo  to  bring  him  up  so  he  could  do a little  more  cloudsurfing.  Why  waste  a  great  cloudsurfing  day besides  they  didn't  even  have  a  delivery  that  day.  Finally,  Baloo agreed  after  a  few  seconds  of  looking  into  Kit's  eyes. 

     Kit  saw  her  again.  On  the  dock,  just  like  yesterday.  ~What is  that  girl  up  to? I  have  got  to  find  out ~.  This  time  he wasn't  going  to  let  her  get  away.  They  landed  and  Kit  jumped out  the  Sea  Duck  so  fast.  She  was  gone.  He  run  to  the  dock she  had  been  on.  He  surveyed  the  area.  There  she  was  slipping away.

     "Guinna!  Hey,  wait!"  he  shouted  running  up  to  her.

     "Hi,  Kit.  I  was  watching  you  in  the  air."

     "Yeah,  I  saw  you  watching. I  waved  at  you  yesterday."

     "I  waved  back."

     "Why  did  you  run  off  yesterday  before  I  could  talk  to  you?"

     "I  had  to  report  into  my  brother.  He  goes  ballistic  if  I don't  check  in  at  a  certain  time."

     "Harsh  brother."

     "Yeah.  He  can  get  that  way.  Hey,  is  that  your  plane?"

     "That's  the  Sea  Duck.  It's  my  boss's  plane,  but  it  use  to be  my  friend  Baloo's  plane  before  he  lost  it."

     "Can  I  go  see  it?"

     "Sure.  I'll  even  give  you  a  tour."

     The  two  cubs  walked  over  to  the  Sea  Duck.  Baloo  was standing  around  watching  the  cubs  talk.

     "Well,  hello  little  lady.  I  see  you  talkin  to  my  Kit"  Baloo said

     "Guinna  this  is  Baloo.  Baloo  this  is  Guinna."

     "Hi,  Mr.  Baloo.  I  was  admiring  your  plane.  Is  it  a  Conwing L-16?"

      "That's  right.  How'd  ya  know  that?"

     "Lucky  guess."

     Baloo  and  Kit  looked  at  each  other  kinda  stunned.  This  girl know  something  about  the  plane.  Kit  had  a  strange  feeling  in  his gut.  He  was  even  more  amazed  that  she  started  to  name  all  the features  of  the  Duck.

     "How  do  you  know  so  much  about  planes,  Guinna?"  Baloo  asked.

     "My  parents  worked  with  planes"  she  said  fiddlen'  in  the pilots  seat.

     "What  kind  of  work  did  your  parents  do?"  Kit  asked  trying to  get  a  little  info  out  of  her.

     "Just  plane  stuff.  That's  all."   She  acted  like  she  didn't want  to  talk  about  her  parents.  "Hey,  can  I  take  a  little  spin around?"

     "What  do  you  mean?"

     "Can  I  take  the  Sea  Duck  for  a  spin?"

     "You  know  how  to  fly?"

     "Yeah,  is  that  a  surprise  that a  girl  knows  how  to  fly.  But I  haven't  flown  in  a  while."

     "If  you  say  so,  Girlie.  Starter  up."

     Guinna  started  the  plane.  Baloo  and  Kit  watched  as  she  took off  like  she  had  done  it  a  million  times.  What  do  they  know. She  may  have  flown  planes  millions  of  times. 

     "This  is  great!  I  love  to  fly."

     "How  long  have  you  been  flying?"  asked  Baloo  sitting  back  in the  navigators  seat  getting  worried  about  the  girl  he  had  just met  eventhough  she  was  a  pretty  good  pilot.

     "Since  I  was  three."

     "O,  really.  I  didn't  know  three  year  olds  could  get  their pilot  license."

     "I  never  got  a  license  before.  I'm  only  fourteen."

     Baloo  leaned  back  at  Kit.  "Who  in  the  world  did  you  bring on  my  plane?"

     "Your  the  one  who  said  go  ahead  you  can  fly  it."

     "I  have  to  admit  she's  pretty  good  at  it."

     "Yeah,  she  is."

     "So,  is  their  anyplace  you  boys  want  to  go?"  she  asked turning  to  look  at  them  with  a  big  grin  on  her  face.

     "Yeah,  girlie.  Go  two  miles  and  you'll  see  a  island.  Land there"  Baloo  said  only  thinking  of  the  free  ride  he  was  getting. Kit  sat  puzzled  at  this  girl  who  was  so  different.  He  was amazed  and  kinda  jealous  of  her  at  the  same  time.  She  seemed like  she  know  what  she  was  doing. 

      Guinna  lowered  the  plane.  With  great  ease,  the  girl  landed the  plane  perfectly.  The  two  bears  were  still  shocked  at  the girls  ability,  but  she  was  stubborn  at  answering  questions.  Her grin  was  inviting  though, and  when  she  looked  back  at  Kit  after they  landed,  he  kinda  felt  at  ease  with  the  girl  who  he  had only  known  for  three  days.

     "On  the  way  back,  I'll  show  ya'll  my  famous  Kurosawa corkscrew"  she  said  unbuckling  out  of  the  pilot  seat.

     "Where  did  you  learn  how  to  fly?"  Baloo  asked  helping  her out  of  the  cockpit.

     "Just  picked  it  up  I  guess"  she  replied  hesitantly  sounding a  bit  awkward.

     "That  kinda  flyin!  Naw,  you  couldn't  of  just  picked  it  up."

     "I  did"  she  said  quickly.  "Hey.  What  is  this  place?"

     They  walked  in  the  door.  Guinna  piering  around  curiously.  Kit was  straggling  behind  them  observing  the  girl  actions.  Their  was something  odd  about  her.  He  could  feel  it  in  his  gut.

     "This  girlie  is  Louie's.  The  most  happenin  place  this  side of  Cape  Suzette."

     The  trio  went  up  to  the  bar  and  sat  on  the  bar  stools. 

     "Hey,  Fuzzy"  Louie  said  popping  his  head  out  from  behind  the bar  scaring  Guinna  half  to  death.

     "Louie,  don't  come  around  scarin'  the  girl"  Baloo  said.

     "Sorry,  cuz"  Louie  apologized  turning  to  the  girl.  "Hello, little  lady.  I  am  Louie  and  I  own  this  place."

     "Hi.  I'm  Guinna."

     "So,  what  brings  you  here?"

     "She  flow  us  in  from  Cape  Suzette."

     "This  little  lady  can  fly?"

     "Yap.  She's  good  too."

     "Well,  I  would  of  never  guessed  that."

     "Even  they  were  surprised  when  showed  them  I  could."

     "I  got  a  special  today.  Ladies  eat  free."

     "Hey,  when  do  you  ever  give  anything  for  free,  Louie?"  Baloo asked  laughing.

     "Shut  up,  Fuzzy.  The  girls  a  real  cutie."

     The  band  started  to  play  a  fast  calypso  beat.  Guinna's  eyes lit  up.  The  tune  was  familiar  to  her.  She  jumped  off  the  stool and  grabbed  Kit's  paw.

     "Wanna  dance?"  she  asked  him  with  the  same  grin  he  liked.

     "I  don't  know  how  to  dance."

     "That's  all right.  I  don't  really  know  how  either."

     He  couldn't  turn  her  down.  He  hopped  off  the  stool  and followed  Guinna  to  the  dance  floor.  She  grabbed   both  of  Kit's paws  and  started  swinging  around  the  floor.  To  Kit's  astonishment, he  was  having  fun.  Baloo  and  Louie  were  just  a  watching  them. Baloo  swiveled  his  stool  to  face  the  dance  floor.

     "How  'bout  that?  Your  boy  found  a  friend."

     "I  don't  know  where  he  found  her.  He  said  he  meet  her after  school  three  days  ago.  She  hit  him  in  the  head  or something  like  that.  Don't  know  why.  He  never  told  me.  And  she showed  up  today  on  our  dock.  She  asked  me  if  she  could  fly  the Duck  and  we  ended  up  here."

     "Sounds  fishy,  cuz.  Where  did  she  learn  how  to  fly?"

     "She  said  she  just  picked  it  up."

     "That  is  fishy,  cuz.  Looks  like  the  kid  is  havein'  fun  with her."

     They  glanced  back  over  at  Kit  and  Guinna  dancing.  They  were laughing  and  cuttin'  up  together.

     "He  doesn't  have  many  friends  his  age.  I  reckon  it's  good for  'em."

     "Just  watch  out  for  her.  She  may  be  a  cutie,  but  she  might be  someone  you  don't  want  your  boy  to  get  hocked  up  with."

     "I'll  watch  out  for  em'."

     The  two  kids  came  back  to  the  bar  still  giggling  at  each other. 

     "Ya'll  two  were  doing  some  fancy  dancin'  out  there"  Baloo remarked  swiveling  his  stole  to  face  the  bar  again.

     "We  weren't  dancin'…"  Guinna  said.

     "Yeah,  we  were  fumbling"  Kit  broke  in.

     The  kids  keep  on  laughing.

 

     After  the  kids  ate  a  hamburger  and  finished  up  their  sodas, Kit  brought  his  new  friend  out  to  the  beach  that  circled  Louie's island.  They  strolled  around  until  they  found  a  spot  to  sit under  a  short  palm  tree.

     "This  is  a  great  place"  Guinna  signed  leaning  against  the palm  tree.

     "That  must  be  your  favorite  word?"  Kit  uttered  leaning against  the  palm  tree  too.

     "Huh?"

     "Nothing.  So,  where  did  you  really  learn  how  to  fly?"

     "How  did  you  see  though  my  lie?"

     "I  lived  with  a  lot  of  liars.  I  can  tell  who's  lying  and who  isn't."

     "Well,  let  me  tell  you  to  get  it  over  with."  The  deep orange  sun  was  setting  and  made  an  enchanting  scene  on  the surface  of  the  ocean.  "My  mom  was  a  pilot  and  my  dad  was  an aviational  engineer.  My  mom  taught  me  how  to  fly.  She  use  to sit  me  in  her  lap  and  pretend  that  I  was  flying  her  plane.  My dad  would  teach  Macalister  engineering  stuff."

     "Your  mom  was  a  pilot.  That's  cool.  Where's  your  mom  now?"

     She's  died  with  my  dad,  but  I  don't  like  to  talk  about it."

     "Okay.  So,  why  are  the  air  pirates  after  you?"

     "Me  and   Mac  stole  some  stuff  from  the  incredible  Don Karnage"  Guinna  said  sarcastically  acting  like  Karnage.

     "So,  you  had  to  deal  with  Kanage  too?"

     "Yeah.  You  know  Don  Karnage?"

     "Unfortunately.  Don't  get  mad  at  me,  but  I  use  to  be  one of  his  pirates."

     "You  lied  to  me  about  being a  pirate?"

     "I  use  to  be  one  two  years  ago.  Now  I'm  here  and  that's all  that  matters."

     "Your  right.  Now  is  what  matters."  The  girl  leaned  over  and laid  her  head  on  Kit's  shoulder.  "But  you  know  what  would  be priceless?"

     "What?"

     "We  send  a  bomb  wrapped  as  a  present  to  Karnage  with  a card  that  read -  From  Kit  and  Guinna  with  love."

     The  kids  began  their  unbroken  laughter  again.  Kit  got  what Guinna  was  employing  and  loved  the  idea  eventhough  he  still didn't  understand  what  Guinna's  connect  was  with  the  air  pirates. He  didn't  care  at  the  moment.  He  was  having  fun  with  someone his  age  and  was  loving  it.

     "Lil'  Britches."  Kit  heard  from  a  distance.

     "Baloo's  calling.  Guess  it's  time  to  go"  Kit  spoke  looking down  the  beach.

     "Do  we  have  ta  leave?"  Guinna  sulked. 

     "If  you  wanta  get  back  to  Cape  Suzette." 

     "Kit!"

     "Coming  Papa  Bear!"  He  grabbed  the  girls  paw  and  helped  her up.

 

 

     "Goodnight  girlie"  Baloo  bitting  farewell.  "See  ya  later."

     "Bye,  Baloo.  Thanks  for  letting  me  fly  your  plane."

     "Baloo,  I'm  gonna  walk  Guinna  home.  It's  only  two  blokes."

     "Come  right  back,  Lil'  Britches  and  be  careful."

     "I  will."

     The  kids  walked  off  into  the  dark  with  only  street  lights guiding  the  way.  They  walked  in  quietness  for  a  while  until  they got  up  to  the  bushes  where  Guinna's  cabin  was  hidden. 

     "Is  your  brother  gonna  be  mad  because  you  didn't  come  home at  the  right  time?"

     "Yeah.  He  will be,  but  he'll  get  over  it."  Guinna  grasped Kit's  paw.  "Today  was  the  best  day  I've  had  in  a  long  time."

     "Me  too.  So,  see  you  later."

     "Yeah."  Guinna  reached  over  and  gave  Kit  an  unexpected  kiss on  the  cheek.  "Thank  you."  She  climbed  into  the  bushes  and  left Kit  speechless.

    

 

     Macalister  was  pacing  frantically  in  the  tiny  cabin  thinking that  something  bad  may  of  happen  to  his  sister.  Guinna  knocked twice  and  walked  in  the  door. 

     "Where  have  you  been?"  he  roared  pushing  her  into  the  wall.

     Guinna  shot  him  a  dazed  frown.  "I've  been  out."

     "Where  out?"

     "I've  been  out  having  fun  with  Kit  Cloudkicker.  Remember, your  icon"  she  said  rubbing  her  shoulder.

     "I  don't  care  who  you  were  out  with.  You  could  of  been caught."

    "I  was  fine!  I  don't  get  it  Mac.  This  shuradds  we're  playing isn't  about  the  pirates  anymore,  is  it?"

     "What  did  ya'll  do?"

     "We  had  fun,  Mac!  Do  you  remember  what  fun  is?  Because  I think  you  don't.  I  had  the  time  of  my  life  today.  I  need  that, Macalister.  I  need  a  stable  life.  I  deserve  it  after  all  I've been  through."  A  tear  reeled  down  her  face.

     "I'm  sorry  I  hurt  you,  sis"  Mac  said  embracing  Guinna.

     "It's  okay.   My  shoulder  only  hurts  a  little.  It's  my feelings  that  are  scared."

  

 

     Kit  was  on  cloud  nine  on  the  way  home.  Who  was  this  girl who  was  capturing  his  heart  so  delicately.  True  he  had  only  know her  for  three  days  but  in  the  one  he  had  spent  with  her,  she had  managed  to  alter  his  emotions  into  something  he  had  never felt  before.  ~ What  is  it  about  that  girl?  She  is  such  a mystery,  but  at  the  same  time  she  is  like  an  open  book.  Showing her  emotions  on  her  face. ~

     "I  can't  believe  I'm  going  to  say  this  but  I  honestly  like her"  he  told  himself.  He  thought  of  that  grin  she  gave  him  all day  and  he  smiled.

 

 

     The  next  day,  Guinna  escaped  her  brother  for  a  while  to  go see  Kit.  Him  and  Baloo  were  loading  cargo  to  be  shipped  to  the routine  drop  to  New  Fedora. 

     "Hey,  guys."

     "Hey,  Guinna."  Kit's  expression  came  to  life.

     "Greetin's  girlie"  Baloo  grunted  out  setting  a  box  down  in the  cargo  hold  of  the  Sea  Duck.

     "Where  ya  headed  to  today?"

     "To  New  Fedora.  Just  a  routine  run."

     "  Gotta  ship  wax  paper  to  the  market."

     "Can  I  come?"

    " Yeah,  why  not"  Kit  said.

    "I  don't  know.  Becky  might  not  let  ya,  Lil'  lady."

     "Why  not?  She  flow  us  to  Louie's  yesterday.  Why  can't  she just  come  along  for  the  ride  today?"

     "Go  ask  o'Becky  then  Lil'  Britches."

     He  raced  inside  with  Guinna  in  tow  up  to  Rebecca's  desk.

     "Miz  Cunningham."

     "Yes.  O,  who's  your  friend?"

     "This  is  Guinna.  Guinna  this  is  my  very  understanding,  very patient  boss-  Miz  Cunningham."

     "Hi.  Pleased  to  meet  you."

     "Pleased  to  meet  you  too."

     "We  were  wondering  if  she  could  come  along  with  us  to  New Fedora  and  back."

     "Your  the  girl  who  hit  Kit  over  the  head."

     "Guilty  as  charged."

     "Now,  you  two  are  friends?"

     "Since  yesterday."

     "I  think  it's  great  that  you  have  friends  Kit,  but  going  on a  business  trip.  I  don't  know."

     "Awe.  Come  on,  Miz  Cunningham.  She  flew  us  all  the  way  to Louie's  yesterday."

     "Well,  I  suppose  it  won't  hurt."

     "Yes!  Now  I  can  show  you  how  to  cloudsurf."

     "And  I  can  show  you  my  famous  Kurosawa  corkscrew."

     

 

     Kit  surveyed  the  area  of  sky  around  them.  The  ideal  clouds were  straight  ahead  of  them.

     "Papa  Bear,  perfect  cloudsurfing  straight  ahead.  Can  I  take Guinna  out  on  my  air  board?"

     "If  she  can  handle  it?"

     "Sure  I  can."

     They  went  to  the  cargo  hold.  Baloo  opened  the  hatch. 

     "Hold  on  to  my  waist  real  tight  and  don't  let  go"  Kit said.  With  tow  rope  in  hand,  Kit  cascaded  out  the  plane.  He took  out  his  air  board  from  under  his  sweater  and  flicked  it open.  He  smoothly  placed  it  under  his  feet  than  glanced  at Guinna.  She  had  her  eyes  closed  tensely. 

     "Guinna,  you  can  open  your  eyes  now"  Kit  told  her.

     She  slowly  opened  her  eyes  and  placed  her  feet  on  the  board with  Kit's  still  holding  on  to  Kit's  waist  with  a  secured  grip. She  screamed  than  laughed  at  the  sight  of  her  flying  through the  air.

     "Kit,  this  is  great!  I've  never  experienced  such  a  thing before."

     "It  is  great."

    

 

     Kit  and  Guinna  were  getting  close.  He  loved  being  with  her and  she  loved  being  with  him.  Their  lives  felt  surreal.  Guinna helping  them  with  cargo  shipments.  She  tried  to  hide  the relationship  with  Kit  from  her  brother,  but  at  the  peek  of  the two  kids  happiness  he  found  a  way  to  drop  a  bomb  on  their relationship.

     Kit  set  up  a  special  night  for  him  and  Guinna  on  their  one month  anniversary.  He  planned  for  a  candlelight  dinner  on  the beaches  of  Louie's  island  where  he  first  saw  love  for  her. 

     "So,  what  does  he  have  planned,  Baloo?"  Guinna  asked  looking out  the  window  of  the  Sea  Duck.

     "Can't  tell  ya  girlie.  Kit  swore  me  to  secrecy.  He  said this  is  ya'll  special  night  and  wanted  it  to  be  a  surprise."

     "Ya  know.  Kit  is  the  best  thing  that  ever  happened  to  me."

     "Me  too,  girlie.  Anywhere  Kit-boy  goes  he  changes  lives  for the  better."

     Baloo  landed.  They  saw  Kit  standing  on  the  dock  waiting  for them.  He  was  wearing  a  white  button - up  shirt  with  black trousers.  He  opened  the  door  for  Guinna  and  helped  her  out  the plane.  Kit's  widened  when  he  saw  her.

     "You  look  beautiful."

      "Thank  you.  You  look  good  yourself,  Kicker."

     Guinna  was  wearing  a  pale  pink  blouse  with  a  matching  skirt with  lace  at  the  bottom.  Kit  grasped  her  paw  and  brought  her over  to  a  table  lit  by  two  candles  with  two  plates  of  shrimp jambalaya. 

     "Kit,  this  is  wonderful."

     "You  like."

     "I  love  it."

     "I  thought  you  would.  This  is  our  night.  Nothing  can  ruin it."

     The  night  went  by  quick  and  they  had  a  good  time.  The trailed  down  the  beach  hand  in  hand.

     "I've  been  having  this  on  my  mind  for  a  while  now"  Guinna interrupted  the  silence.

     "What's  that?"

     "You  and  me  don't  really  open  up  about  our  past."

     "Do  you  want  to  talk  about  our  past?"

     "I  know  we  both  have  had  a  rough  life  and  I've  been feeling  kinda  bad  that  I  haven't  told  you  anymore  then  what  you already  know  about  me."

     "It's  hard  to  talk  about  it."

     "Yeah,  tell  me  about  it."

     "I've  been  wantin'  to  tell  you  some  stuff  too."

     "You  can  go  first."

     "All right.  Well,  you  know  I  was  an  air  pirate  and  I  left and  ended  up  at  Higher  for  Hire.  When  I  was  two,  I  was orphaned.  I  stayed  in  the  orphanage  till  I  was  nine.  I  was tired  of  being  cocked  up  in  a  building  all  day  so  I  escaped from  it,  but  somehow  I  was  conned  into  hooking  up  with  this really  strange  guy  named  Harvey.  He  made  me  pick  pocket  and stuff  with  other  boys.  Kinda  like  a  modern  day  Fagan.  I  didn't understand  right  and  wrong  at  that  time.  I  watched  the  guy  go to  jail.    After  that  I  got  with  the  pirates.  Another  mistake  of mine.  But  Theirs  more  to  my  life.  If  I  were  to  give  details, I'd  be  writing  a  book."

     "That's  the  same  with  my  life.  I  don't  like  some  of  the things  that  I've  done,  but  your  the  only  one  I  can  tell  this too."

     "Talk  away,  GG."

     "Well,  it's  hard  to  start.  Here  I  go.  Me,  Macalister,  and my  parents  traveled  around  the  world.  My  dad  would  design  and make  planes.  My  mom  would  fly  them.  When  I  was  one,  my  dad partnered  up  with  another  aviational  engineer.  I  use  to  play  with his  son  while  they  worked.  But  something  happen  to  that  his  son and  that  was  the  first  time  we  moved. 

     "My  mom  home  taught  us.  Usually  when  we  stopped  traveling for  a  while.  On  my  eighth  birthday,  we  were  caught  by  the  air pirates.  We  lived  on  Pirate  Island  for  a  month.  I  must  of  did something  amazing  for  Don  Karnage  to  want  to  talk  to  me  all  the time.  I  still  don't  know  why  he  liked  me  so  much.  But  I  got mad  at  him  for  hitting  my  mom  and  he  sent  us  to  a  slave  camp on  an  island  out  in  the  middle  of  no  where. 

     "We  were  there  for  a  year  till  we  decided  to  escape.  That day  just  happen  to  be  the  day  Karnage  was  visiting.  We  were running  to  a  plane  to  escape  when  he  shot  my  mom.  She  couldn't come  with  us"

     Tears  began  to  flow  from  the  girls  tear  ducks.

     "I  was  the  only  one  who  could  fly  so  I  had  to  fly  the plane  out  of  their.  My  dad  fell  into  a  depress  when  we  lost  my mom.  He  died  of  a  broken  heart.  I  guess  he  wasn't  strong enough  to  go  on  without  my  mom.  Me  and  Mac  has  been  on  the run  eversince.  We  have  other  organization  after  us,  but  we haven't  been  caught  yet.  I  don't  think  they'd  do  anything  with  a fourteen  year  old  girl."

     "What  kind  of  organizations?"

     "Government  stuff  that  I  don't  even  want  to  hear  about."

     "Guinna,  I  wouldn't  of  guess  that  you've  been  through  so much"  Kit  said  wiping  a  tear  from  Guinna's  face  with  his  sleeve.

     "I  claim  that  we've  been  through  the  same  kind  of  past"  she said  sniffing.  "I  love  you,  Kit."

     Shock  ran  through  Kit's  body  when  he  heard  those  three words.  He  didn't  know  what  to  say.  He  know  he  felt  the  same way  about  her,  but  like  she  said  she  travels  around  and  she could  pick  up  at  any  minute  and  leave.  But  he  didn't  care.  He only  wanted  to  say  the  words  that  were  in  his  heart.

     "Guinna"  he  said  grabbing  both  her  paws.  "I  never  realized that  there  was  such  a  feeling  that  existed.  But  when  I  meet you,  I  truly  found  what  love  was  between  two  people.  I  love  you more  life  itself.  I'd  do  anything  for  you."

     Their  lips  meet  and  Kit  know  he  had  said  the  right  thing. They  embraced  each  other  for  a long  time  with  only  Guinna  saying a  few  words  after  their  long  embrace  of  the  lips.

     "Kicker,  I  need  you.  Thank  you  for  being  here  for  me."

     "Anytime,  GG."

 

 

     It  was  a  beautiful  morning.  Kit  was  excited  about  the  day. He  had  the  most  enriching  and  romantic  night  with  Guinna.  He walked  down  the  stairs  to  hear  a  plane  land  in  the  water.  It wasn't  the  Sea  Duck,  so,  who  could  it  be.  He  ran  outside  to see  Guinna  jumping  out  the  passenger  door  with  an  upset  reflex. 

     "Guinna,   what's  wrong?"

     She  ran  to  Kit  and  held  him.

     "I  have  to  leave."

     "What?  Why?"

     "My  brother  says  we  have  to.  I  want  to  stay,  but  he's making  me  go."

     "Come  on,  Guinna.  We  have  to  leave"  Mac  yelled  walking  up to  them.

     "What's  goin'  on?"  Baloo  asked  stepping  outside.

     "Here  take  this  and  remember  I  love  you."  She  stuck  a letter  in  his  paw.

     "Come  on,  Guinna."  Mac  rapped  his  arms  around  the  girls waist  and  picked  her  up.  She  wouldn't  let  go  of  Kit's  paw.

     "I  don't  understand"  Kit  said  frantic watching  his  first  love being  dragged  away.

     "I  love  you,  Kit!"  Those  words  repeated  as  the  plane carrying  the  girl  flow  off  into  the  shy  and  disappeared  leaving Kit  stunned  at  to  what  just  happen.  They  stood  there  for  a  few minutes  just  staring  at  the  sky.

     "What  happen,  Kit?  Where's  girlie  goin' ?"

     "I  don't  know."

     He  looked  down  at  the  note  than  slowly  opened  it.

 

To  Kit,

 

     I  don't  know  what  to  say.  I  have  to  leave.  I  can't  tell you  where  or  why.  There's  so  much  left  unsaid.  But  you  gave  me the  time  of  my  life.  So,  I  only  have  one  thing  to  say.  I'll meet  you  somewhere  over  the  rain  cloud.  But  between  now  and  then until  the  day  I  see  you  again.  I'll  always  love  you.

    

                                                                          

                                                     Love, GG

    

     "What'd  she  write,  Lil'  Britches?"

     Kit  handed  the  letter  to  Baloo.  They  didn't  notice  a  lanky black  doberman  walk  up  beside  them.

     "Excuse  me,  gentleman.  My  name  is  Rex  Burbank"  the  dog  said pulling  out  his  badge.  "I  work  for  the  EAS,  Experimental Aviational  Society.  Have  you  these  two  people?"

     He  pulled  a  photo  out  of  his  pocket  and  handed  it  to  Kit.

     "That's  my  girlfriend."

     "Well,  your  girlfriend  and  her  brother,  Jack  Macalister,  are wanted  criminals."

     "What!  My  Guinna.  A  criminal.  That's  unreal"  Kit  yelled.

      The  dog   turned  to  Kit.  "I'm  sorry,  son.  But  its  true."

     "No!  It  can't  be.  Her  brother  is  the  criminal.  I  know   he was  weird  the  moment  I  met  him."

     "What  is  the  girl's  crime?"  Baloo  asked  gently.

     "Withholding  confidential  information."

     "What's  the  information?"

     "Can  we  take  this  inside?"  the  dog  said  piering  around.

     "Sure.  Come  on  in."

     The  trio  walked  into  the  building.  Baloo  gestured  for  them to  sit  down  at  the  kitchen  table.

     "Now  tell  us  about  this  confidential  information"

     "Yeah,  please  do"  Kit  said  abruptly.

     "Miss  Kurasawa's  father,  Elias  Kurasawa,  worked  for  the  EAS. When  he  began  working  there,  he  and  every  employee  had  to  sign a  contract  saying  that  their  inventions  automatically  become property  of  the  EAS.  Mr.  Kurasawa  and  his  partner,  Vincent  Cay, invented  the  blueprints  to  an  invisible  plane.  It  was  called  the Kit-240."

     "Why  was  it  called  that?"  Kit  wondered  out  loud  curious  to why  it  was  the  same  as  his  name.

     "No  one  really  knows  the  answer  to  that.  Some  of  the  senior engineers  say   Cay  named  it  after  the  original  ace  of  the  sky, Kitland  Bronson.  Others  say  he  named  it  after  his  kid.  Like  I said,  no  one  knows  the  real  answer.  Kurasawa  and Cay  stole  the blueprints  and  disappeared  without  a  trace.  Took  their  families with  them. 

     "A  year  later, Cay  was  found  and  him  and  his  family  were imprisoned.  Kurasawa  stayed  in  hiding  until  he  was  reported  died. Only  his  kids  are  still  out  there.  They  know  where  he  hide  the blueprints.  And  we  have  to  get  to  them  before  any  dangerous organizations  get  them."

     "What  kind  of  organizations?"

     "That's  the  same  question  I  asked  Guinna.  She  told  me  she didn't  want  to  talk  about  it."

     "Well,  their  having  to  hide  from  organizations  like  the  air pirates  or  a  threatning  country  like  Canberra."

     "Their  wanted  that  bad?"

     "I'm  sorry  to  say  kid,  but  yeah.  The  girl  was  just  playing ya."

     Kit  felt  his  heart  sink  into  his  stomach.  Kit  stood  up heartbroken.

     "Out  of  all  the  girls  in  the  world,  I  had  to  hook  up  with recondited  girl!"  Kit  shouted  running  outside  to  the  street.

     Burbank  started  to  get  up  to  go  after  him,  but  Baloo grabbed  his  arm.

     "Just  give  the  kid  afew  minutes.  He  just  found  out  his  gal was  ducen'  em'."

 

     Kit  walked  a  ways  down  the  street  by  Higher  for  Hire.  His mind  was  on  Guinna.  ~ I  was  so  stupid  for  falling  for  her. ~  He didn't  walk  very  far  until  he  heard  a  car's  wheels  stretching and  saw  it  heading  straight  for  him.  The  black  car  came  to  a holt.  Two  weasels  jumped  out  and  grabbed  Kit  before  he  could even  think.  They  slung  him  into  the  car.  Then,  car  sped  off down  the  street. 

     Stunned,  Kit  raised  his  head.  Sitting  across  from  him  was  an ugly  mongoose  wearing  a  black  suit.  The  two  weasels   held  Kit down  on  the  seat  so  he  wouldn't  struggle. 

     "Mr.  Cloudkicker,  I  presume?"  the  mongoose  said  with  a strange  accent. 

     "Yeah.  What  do  you  want  with  me?"

     "You'll  find  out  in  time.  Now  hold  still."

     One  of  the  weasels  held  a  chloroform-soaked  rag  up  to  Kit's nose.  Kit   tried  to  scramble  away  from  the  rag.

     "Don't  worry,  Mr.  Cloudkicker.  It's  just  chloroform.  You'll only  be  asleep  for  a  few  hours  and  wake  up  with  a  slit headache."

     Kit  still  tried  to  struggle,  but  he  couldn't  do  anything.  He couldn't  get  away  from  the  two  weasels.  He  was  trapped.  He  felt himself  drifting  fast  and  finally  fell  into  a  deep  sleep.

 

     Kit  was  coming  around.  His  first  thoughts  were  was  all  that a  dream.  Unfortunately,  it  wasn't.  He  looked  around  him.  He  was in  a  dark  room  with  only  a  bright  lamp  on  by  him.  He  was  tied to  a  chair  in  the  middle  of  the  room.  He  heard  a  lock  open and  foot  steps  approached  him.  The  mongoose  was  right.  His  head did  hurt  a  little. 

     Someone  touch  his  shoulder  and  Kit  flinched.  "It's  okay,  Mr. Cloudkicker.  Don't  be  frightened  by  me"  the  same  mongoose  from the  car  said.

     "Who  are  you  and  why  the  heck  did  you  kidnapped  me?"  Kit demanded.

     "Don't  shout,  Mr.  Cloudkicker.  I  can  hear  you."

     "I'm  shouting,  because  I'm  mad.  I  didn't  ask  to  be kidnapped."

     "Terribly  sorry,  but  we  have  unfinished  business  with  you.  If you  do  not  lie,  no  harm  will  come  to  you."

     "What  unfinished  business?  I've  never  met  you  in  my  life."

     "You  may  not  have,  but  your  mother  and  father  has."

     "My  mother  and  father.  I've  been  an  orphan  since  I  was  two. I  never  really  met  my  mother  or  my  father."

     "You  should  know  what  I'm  talking  about  when  I  ask  you where  is  the  safe?"

     "What  safe?  I  don't  know  what  you're  talking  about."

     "You  do  know  a  Miss  Guinna  Kurasawa?"

     "Yeah."

     "Then  you  should  know  the  combination."

     "Combination?  I  don't  know  what  you're  talking  about,  mister."

     "You  are  lying  to  me."

     "No  I'm  not!"

     The  mongoose  snapped  his  fingers  and  the  two  weasels  came  in and  picked  up  Kit. 

     "Hey.  Now,  where  ya  taken  me?"

     The  weasels  opened  the  door  to  a  jail  cel  and  throw  Kit inside.  The  cel  was  big  with  a  mile  high  ceiling  with  one window.  Kit  tussled  to  sit  up.  His  paws  still  tied  up  behind him.  He  leaned  against  the  wall  and  looked  up  at  the  open window  about  ten  feet  up.  There  was  on  way  he  could  get  to that.  Maybe  someone  was  outside  by  the  window.

     "Help  me!  Is  anyone  out  there?  I've  been  kidnapped.  Someone help  me!"  Kit  shouted  hoping  someone  would  hear  him.

     "Shut  up,  boy!  Be  quiet!"  one  of  the  weasels  yelled  hitting the  cel  door.  He  walked  off. 

     "What  a  grouch."

     A  few  minutes  later,  Kit  heard  a  clink  by  the  window.  He look  up  and  saw  a  rope  with  a  hook  at  the  end  attached  to  the few  bars  on  the  window.  Then  a  face  of  an  angel  popped  up.  An angel  he  was  mad  at.

     "Guinna.  What  are  you  doing  here?"

     "Shush…I  came  to  rescue  you,  silly"  she  tinged   climbing  down rope.

     "How'd  you  know  I  was  in  here?"

     "Yesterday  I  saw  these  guys  get  out  of  a  plane  and  one  was holding  you"  she  said  cutting  the  rope  that  was  tied  around Kit's  wrist  with  a  pocket  knife.  "I  followed  them  to  this  place. And…"

     They  heard  footstep  coming.

     "We  better  get  out  of  here." 

     "You  go  first,  Guinna."

     The  two  climbed  up  the  rope,  slipped  through  the  bars,  and down  the  rope  to  the  street  below.  Guinna  grasped  Kit's  paw  and advanced  down  the  ally  way.

 

     Baloo  was  frantic.  Running  all  around  Cape  Suzette  searching for  Kit.  Kit  had  disappeared  without  trace.  He  had  been  gone  for over  twenty-four  hours.  Rex  Burbank  left  to  get  his  team  on  the case.  He  knew  someone  had  gotten  to  Kit.  Possibly  the  Canberran government.

     "I  should  of  let  that  Rex  Burbank  guy  go  after  Kit.  It's all  my  fault"  Baloo  said  sitting  in  the  old  red  chair  with  his face  in  his  paws.

     "Don't  blame  yourself,  Baloo.  You  didn't  know  this  would happen"  Rebecca  said  trying  to  comfort  the  big  bear.

     "I  should  of  listened  to  Louie  when  he  said  that  girl  could be  trouble.  Now,  Kit  is  missin'  and  it's  all  because  of  that girl."

     "Don't  worry.  They'll  find  him."

     "Well,  I  can't  just  sit  in  my  duff  while  Kits  in  trouble. I  have  to  go  look  for  him"  Baloo  said  getting  up  and  walking out  the  door.

     "Wait!  Where  will  you  start?"

     "I  don't  know,  Beck.  But  I  gotta  help"  Baloo  said   starting the  Sea  Duck  and  flying  off.

 

 

     Guinna  led  Kit  down  ally  ways  and  in  and  out  of  broken down  buildings  until  they  made  it  to  her  hide  out  near  the airfield.  She  slid  into  a  hole  in  a  small  old  shake  sitting behind  a  warehouse. 

     "You  always  find  the  strangest  places  to  hide"  Kit  said looking  around  at  the  junk  lying  on  the  floor.

     "It's  more  like  the  best  places  to  hide"  Guinna  replied pushing   some  junk  into  a  corner  to  make  more  room.

     "How'd  ya  know  I  was  in  that  jail  cel?"

     "I  heard  your  cries  for  help  and  I  found  a  grappling  hook and  I  went  for  you."

     "Thanks  for  savin'  me,  babe.  It's  a  coincidences  that  those guys  came  to  the  place  ya'll  were."

     "Yeah,  it  is"  Guinna  said  sitting  down  on  a  tattered  blanket on  the  floor.

     "I'm  glad  it  is,  but  I  don't  understand  how  or  why?"  Kit said  acting  stupid  trying  to  get  info  out  of  Guinna.

     "O,  Kit,  I'm  so  sorry  I  got  you  into  this  mess"  Guinna cried  hiding  her  face  in  her  paws.  "I  didn't  mean  to.  I  wanted to  have  fun.  Be  a  real  teenager.  I  loved  being  with  you.  But  I got  too  passionate  with  you.  I  shouldn't  of  even  went  to  see you  that  day  when  you  were  on  your  airfoil.  I'm  such  an  idiot. Even  my  name,  Guinna,  implies  that  I'm  a  goon."

     "Guinna!  Stop  putting  yourself  down"  Kit  said  sitting  down next  to  the  girl.  He  put  his  arm  around  her  and  pulled  her close.  "Your  an  intelligent  and  beautiful  person.  Now,  that doesn't  sound  like  the  description  of  a  goon."

     "You  really  think  so?"

     "Yes.  I  understand  that  you  wanted  a  life  instead  of  always running.  Trust  me.  I  went  through  the  same  thing  you  went through.  I  just  didn't  have  whole  countries  after  me."

     "It  can  be  frustrating.  Kit,  I'm  so  sorry.  I  don't  want  you to  be  mad  at  me."

     "I  forgive  you.   How  could  I  stay  mad  at  you,  GG.  Lets just  enjoy  our  time  together  as  long  as  we  can."

     The  cubs  held  each  other  for  a  long  time  not  saying  a word.  Kit  was  glad  to  be  back  with  Guinna  eventhough  knowing  her had  put  his  life  in  danger.  He  didn't  want  to  think  of  their relationship  in  that  way.  It  was  more  than  just  a  teenage  crush. Kit  loved  the  girl  with  all  his  heart  and  her  the  same.   It broke  his  heart  even  more  to  know  he  couldn't  see  her  again. One  thing  stayed  on  his  mind.  The  mongoose  mentioned  his  long lost  parents.  What  ties  did  they  have  with  Guinna  and  his parents?

     "Guinna,  the  guy  who  kidnapped  me  told  me  he  had  unfinished business  with  my  parents.  What  do  my  parents  have  to  do  with this  whole  thing?"  Kit  asked  finally.

     "I  know  why,  Cloudkicker"  said  Guinna's  brother,  Macalister, walking  in.

     Kit  and  Guinna  quickly  let  go  of  each  other.

     "Mac!  I  had  to…"  Guinna  said.

     "Guin,  I  know  all  about  your  rescuin'  Kit  and  all.  Kit, were  you  visited  by  a  guy  named  Rex  Burbank?"

     "Yeah.  He  told  me  'bout  ya'lls  father  and  his  partner.  A guy  named  Vincent  Cay,  I  think.   The  guy  who  kidnapped  me mentioned  my  parents.   Tell  me   what  have  to  do  with  this?"

     "Okay,  I  will  explain  everything.  First  things  first.  Your father  was  Vincent  Cay."

Kit's  eyes  grew  big  and  so  did  Guinna's.

     "Yeah.  It's  true."

     "Tell  me  everything  you  know."

     "Vincent  Cay  wasn't  your  father's  real  name.  It  was  Vincent Cloudkicker.  When  he  started  at  the  EAS,  he  went  under  a  false last  name.  Because  your  mother  thought  it  would  be  best.  Your father  was  a  genius  at  inventing  things.  He  even  invented  your airfoil.  I  was  the  first  one  to  every  try  it  out.  That's  way  I was  fascinated  by  you  at  first.  I  was  stunned  that  you  were alive.

     "Your  father  didn't  say  much.  He  mostly  keep  to  himself,  but your  mother…"  Mac  paused  for  a  second  thinking  of  her  and  a smile  flashed  over  his  face.  "She  was  so  amazing.  Her  name  was Sabrina  Golden  Cloudkicker.  She  was  so  many  things,  I  lost  count. The  major  thing  was  was  that  she  was  always  talking  about  you and  carrying  you  around  with  her.  Her  passion  was  poetry.  She was  poet  and  a  dang  good  one."

     "Did  she  ever  publish  her  work?"

     "No.  She  was  too  busy  with  everything  else.  She  was  an activist.  She  protested  everything.  She  would  uncover  conspiracy that  the  government  keep  secret.  That's  one  reason  why  they wanted  her  died.  She  wasn't  an  idiot,  I  have  to  say.  She  know every  single  detail  about  what  was  going  on  in  the  world.  She went  to  college  to  major  in  Etiology  for  two  years.  Etiology  is the  study  of  causes.  She  wanted  to  know  all  the  answers  to  the question  why. 

     "In  short,  she  was  complicated,  but  was  the  greatest  person I  and  a lot  of  other  people  had  every  met.  In  her  short  life, she  accomplished  all  of  that  plus   cook  dinner  and  raise  a family."

     "How  do  you  know  so  much  about  Kit's  parents,  Mac?  You  were only  eight  years  old  when  you  know  them."

     "Because,  Guinna,  I  wasn't  eight.  I  was  eleven."

     "How  can  that  be?"

     "Because  I'm  not  your  real  brother."

     The  girl's  face  turned  to  dismay  and  wind  felt  like  it  had just  be  knocked  out  of  her.

     "I'm  was  a  government  spy.  It  was  a  long  time  ago  that  I was  an  orphan  like  Kit.  My  real  name  is  Jonathan  Macalister.  I got  into  trouble  for  smuggling  weapons  into  Usland.  No  one  would ever  suspect  a  little  boy  so  these  guys  used  me.  I  was  caught and  then  they  reversed  my  uses  into  spying  on  dad.  Well,  I really  fell  in  love  with  our  parents  and  you  and  when  they stole  the  blueprints,  I  was  suppose  to  tell  the  government.  But I  couldn't.  And  now  I  put  your  life  in  more  danger  because  of  it." 

     "Ya  know  what  dad's  last  words  were.  He  said  take  Guinna  to an  orphanage  they  won't  find  her  if  she's  there.  Sorry,  I  hurt you  all  those  nights  when  I  lost  my  temper.  I  don't  mean  to. You  understand." 

He  turned  to  Kit.  "Kit,  I'm  sorry  this information  came  from  me.  But  you  had  to  know.  If  I  wouldn't  of told  you,  no  one  would  of."

     "Who  was  the  ugly  mongoose  guy  that  kidnapped  me?"

     "That  was  Francisco  Torra,  president  of  Canberra."

     "Where  are  we  now?"

     "Canberra."

     "Were  in  enemy  territory!"

     "Yes,  and  don't  shout."

     "What  are  ya'll  doing  here?"

     "We  come  to  destroy  the  blueprints.  They've  caused  us  too much  trouble"  Guinna  spoke  up.

     "I  owe  it  to  Guinna.  She  doesn't  deserve  for  the  rest  of her  life  to  be  on  the  run."

     "I  can't  believe  we  knew  each  other  before  a  month  ago."

     "Maybe  that's  how  we  got  along  so  well.  But,  I  don't  get it.  Where  are  the  blueprints?"

     "They're  in  a  volt  that's  tucked  far  away  somewhere.  I  can't tell  you  where.  I'm  going  on  my  own  to  destroy  them."

     "Macalister!  I  thought  I  was  going  with  you?"

     "I'm  sorry,  but  I  have  to  go  on  my  own.  There's  no  need to  put  your  life  and  Kit's  life  in  danger  again."

     "Mac,  I  want  to  see  the  blueprints.  I  want  to  see  something my  father  did."

     "No!  I  want  you  to  call  your  friend  what's  his  name."

     "Baloo."

     "Yeah,  and  tell  him  to  came  pick  you  too  up.  Tell  him  to come  alone."

     "Okay,  I'll  do  that."

     Mac  turned  to  Guinna.

     "Mac  what's  gonna  happen  to  you?  What  if  you  get  caught."

     "I  won't  Guinna.  I  want  you  to  stay  with  Kit.  Don't associate  with  anyone  especially  Rex  Burbank."

     "All  right,  Mac,  I'll  stay  hidden  like  I've  always  have."

     "I  love  you,  Guinna."

     "I  love  you  too,  Jack  Macalister"  the  teary  eyes  girl  said hugging  her  brother.

     Mac  let  go  and  left  the  shack  without  looking  back.  After he  left,  Kit  grabbed  Guinna's  paw.

     "Come  on,  GG,  we  gotta  call  Baloo  fast  and  then  go  get those  blueprints."

     Guinna  resisted.  "Kit,  we  gotta  listen  to  Mac."

     "Guinna,  you  really  think  he  can  do  this  on  his  own.  We need  to  go  to  watch  his  back.  Now,  come  on."

     They  found  a  phone  booth  and  call  Higher  and  Hire.  Rebecca answered.  Kit  told  her  to  radio  Baloo.  After  he  hung  up,  Guinna told  him  where  the  blueprints  were.  They  hurried  as  fast  as  they could  to  the  same  building  Kit  was  imprisoned  in. 

     Meanwhile,  Rebecca  had  been  successful  at  reaching  Baloo.

     "Where  is  he  Becky?"  Baloo  shouted  still  frantic.

     "Kit's  in  Canberra.  He  said  to  pick  him  up  in  the  east harbor  and  Guinna  is  with  him."

     "Roger,  Becky."

     "How  far  are  you  from  Canberra?"

     "About an  hour  away."

     "Well,  hurry."

     "I  am  Becky.  I'm  flyin'  as  fast  as  this  old  bird  can  go."

 

     The  kids  snuck  in  passed  weasel  guards  and  located  the basement  that  was  right  outside  the  build.  Kit  remarked  to himself  ~ That  was  easier  than  I  thought. ~  They  saw  Mac  opening the  safe  that  the  blueprints  were  located  in.  They  watched  as Mac  pulled  the  prints  out.  But  the  easiness  was  over.  A  gun cocked  behind  them.

     "Hello,  children"  a  familiar  voice  said  from  behind  them. They  turned  around  to  see  the  ugly  mongoose.

     "Guinna!  Kit!  What  are  you  doing  here?"  Mac  said  running  up in  front  of  them.

     "It's  good  to  see  you  again,  Jonathan."

     "It's  not  good  to  see  you  President  Torra."

     "Would  please  hand  me  those  prints  so  I  can  build  those ever  valuable  planes  and  make  my  armies  invisible  with  the formula."

     "What  formula?"  Kit  asked.

     "The  formula  that  makes  the  plane  invisible  can  be  used  to make  humans  invisible  too."

     "That's  something  I  wasn't  told."

     "Now,  Jonathan,  please  give  me  the  prints  or  I  will  have  to uses  force."

     Macalister  looked  back  at  Guinna  and  gave  her  an  eye gesture.  Guinna  frowned,  because  she  know  what  the  gesture  meant and  she  couldn't  argue  with  it.  With  a  sudden  turn,  Mac  gave Guinna  the  prints.  Mac  attacked  Torra  and  through  him  into the basement.  Guinna  grabbed  Kit  and  ran  out  of  there.  They  only  got a  few  feet  away  when  they  heard  a  shot.  Then  another  one. Guinna  turned  back,  but  Kit  stopped  her.  They  had  to  keep  going.

     "Guinna,  we  can't  help  him.  We  have  to  get  to  a  plane  and get  outta  here!"

     He  pulled  her  along  to  the  harbor.  They  could  hear  shouting in  the  back  of  them.  Kit  spotted  a  pilot  just  coming  out  of his  plane  with  keys  in  hand.  Kit  ran  over  to  him  and  took  the keys. 

     "Hey!"  the  pilot  shouted. 

     Kit  and  Guinna  locked  the  door  before  the  pilot  could  get to  them.  He  throw  Guinna  the  keys.

     "Get  us  outta,  GG!"

     "I'll  try.  This  should  be  an  easy  plane  to  fly."

     The  girl  started  it  up,  checked  everything,  and  lampooned into  the  sky.  But  the  kids  didn't  get  far. 

     "Looks  like  we  got  company  behind  us"  Kit  said  seeing  two fighter  plane  shooting  at  them.

     They  heard  a  boom  on  the  side  of  them.  Guinna  screamed  and Kit  fell  out  of  his  seat  from  the  impact.

     "Kit  are  you  okay?"

     "Yeah,  Guinna.  Keep  your  eye  on  the  sky."

     "Uh-o."

     "What?"

     "The  fuel  tanks  been  hit.  And  were  losin'  fuel  really quickly."

     "That's  a  big  problem."

     Kit  grabbed  the  radio.

     "Cloudkicker  to  Baloo.  Baloo  are  you  out  there?"

     "I'm  here,  Kit."

     Kit  breathe  a  big  sigh  of  relief.

     "Where  you  at?"

     "I'm  twenty  miles  from  Canberra."

     "Yes!"

     "Kit!  Are  ya  still  there?"

     "Yeah,  Papa  Bear.  I'm  in  a  plane  with  Guinna  headin'  south, southwest  of  Canberra.  We're  gettin'  pounded  on  big  time  and  our fuel  tank  was  shot.  Now  we're  losin'  all  our  fuel.  I  don't  know how  much  longer  we  got."

     "I'm  comin'  as  fast  as  I  can  Kit."

     "But  how  are  we  going  to  get  on  the  Sea  Duck  from  this plane?!"

     "I'll  throw  a  tow  rope  out  the  back.  You  and  girlie  jump out  that  plane  and  glide  on  your  airfoil  and  catch  the  rope."

     "O,  ya!  Sounds  easy.  I  don't  know  if  I  can  do  that."

     "Do  ya  wanna  go  down  in  the  ocean  and  die,  Kid."

     Kit  pulled  his  airfoil  from  under  his  sweater.  "I'm  ready, Baloo."

     "Kit,  we're  losing  altitude  fast.  This  plane's  gonna  crash."

     "Come  on.  We  got  get  ready  to  jump."

     "But…"

     "It's  the  only  way."

     "I  trust  you,  Kit,  but  I'm  afraid  we  might  fall  right  into the  water  and…"

     "There's  Baloo.  He's  got  the  tow  rope  out.  Hold  Guinna."

     As  soon  as  Baloo  got  close  enough,  Kit  jumped  with  Guinna hold  on  to  him  tight.  He  flicked  his  airfoil  under  his  feet  and glided  to  the  tow  rope.  Bullets  streamed  through  the  air  as  the kid  were  pulled  in  the  Duck.  They  watched  the  plane  they  were just  in  crash  into  the  blue  ocean  only  100  feet  under  them. They  finally  made  it  in the  Duck  with  no  harm.  Kit  ran  up  to the  cockpit.

     "You  made  it  right  on  time,  Papa  Bear."

     "I  always  do,  Lil'  Britches."

     "How  are  we  gonna  shake  those  fighters  off  our  tail?"  Guinna asked  running  up  to  the  cockpit  to  join  them.

     "Ya,  see  those  cliffs?"

     "Yeah."

     "That's  how."

     Baloo  flow  toward  the  tall  cliffs  that  were  protruding  out of  the  ocean.  She  flow  straight  for  them  with  the  fighters  close behind  em'.  He  turned  the  Duck  at  the  last  second  and  the  two fighters  crashed  right  into  the  cliffs.

     "That  was  a  great  stunt,  Baloo"  Kit  said  strapping  into  the navigators  seat.

     "They  don't  call  me  the  best  fer  nothin'."

 

     The  group  flow  home  to  Higher  for  Hire.  Rebecca  had  stayed so  when  they  got  home  someone  would  be  there.  They  walked through  the  front  door  tired  and  weary.

     "O,  thank  goodness  you  kids  are  all  right"  Rebecca  said hugging  them.

     "Thanks  Miz  Cunningham."

     "So,  what  happen  to  your  brother,  Guinna?"

     "He  was  shot  by  the  guy  who  kidnapped  Kit.  He  sacrificed himself  so  we  could  escape."

     "I'm  sorry,  Guinna."

     "Now,  I  don't  have  any  family  to  go  to.  I  actually  hadn't had  any  family  to  go  to  for  awhile."

     "What  do  ya  mean,  girlie?"

     "It  turns  out  Maclister  wasn't  even  my  brother,  but  it's  a long  story."

     "Well,  Guinna,  you  can  stay  with  me"  Rebecca  said.

     A  knock  came  from  the  door.  Baloo  opened  it  to  see  Rex Burbank  on  the  other  side  with  a  small  trunk  under  his  arm.

     "Good  evening,  Mr.  Baloo.  I'm  sorry,  but  we  have  been unsuccess…"  Burbank  saw  Kit  standing  there.  "Mr.  Cloudkicker.  I see  you've  been  retrieved.  Where  were  you?"

     "Yeah,  I  was  kidnapped  by  Francisco  Torra.  And  I  recovered something  that  belonged  to  my  dad,  Vincent  Cay  or  should  I  say Vincent  Cloudkicker"  Kit  said  pulling  the  blueprints  from  under his  shirt.

     "Your  dad?"  Baloo  and  Becky  said  in  unison.

     "It's  long  story.  But  here  Mr.  Burbank,  this  is  what  ya'll been  looking  for  for  so  long."

     "Thank  you,  son.  And  here  this  is  for  you"  Burbank  said handing  Kit  the  trunk.

     "What  is  it?"

     "I  found  this  in  an  old  storage  closet.  It  is  a  trunk filled  with  all  your  parents  most  valuable  possessions.  Apparently, it  was  found  under  a  bed  in  the  cel  where  your  mother  was being  held.  She  must  of  hide  it  there  before  they  killed  her. I'm  terrible  sorry  about  your  parents.  I  didn't  really  know them."

     "That's  all right.  You  weren't  there  to  kill  them.  I  still don't  understand  why  they  had  to  die."

     "There  are  something  I  don't  even  understand  why  the government  has  to  do,  but  I'm  so  sorry  that  you  had  to  hear that  information.  Now  I  better  get  back  to  headquarters.  There will  be  agents  watching  over  you.  I  know  Tore  will  try  to  get you  again.  Farwell."

     With  that,  the  dog  left.  Baloo  confused  as  ever  turned  to Kit  stratching  his  head.

     "Now,  Lil'  Britches,  I  want  you  to  explain  ever  detail  about what  I  just  heard  about  that  Vincent  Cay  guy  being  your father…"

 

         Watch  for  the  continuation  of  this  story  entitled "Ordinary Life"   


Return to Kit Cloudkicker Fanfics Page

Return to the Unofficial Kit Cloudkicker Homepage


Special Thanks to 50 Webs for providing space for this webpage. Click here to find out how you can get your free homepage and 60 Megabytes of webspace.