Return to 50 Webs.

Storm In A TeaCup

                      by Nina  Adams

Disclaimer: Baloo, Rebecca Cunningham, Don Karnage, Kit Cloudkicker, Molly Cunningham and WildCat are (c)1990/1991 Walt Disney Company and are being used without premission. The writer has made sure that all material represented here is not used for profit and is used with the upmost respect to Disney and the Tale Spin team. All other characters are the property of the writer.


    It  had  been  a  couple  weeks  since  the  truth  came  about Karnage's  past.  He  was  having  a  good  time  learning  about  the adventures  him  and  Alexandra  took  as  children.  Like  the  time  they were  playing  in  an  old  decaying  barn  miles  from  their  home  when it  caught  on  fire  while  they  were  in  it.  Alexandra  said  'go figure'  about  the  barn  catching  on  fire.  It  only  would  happen  to the  two  of  them.  She  described  her  and  Karnage  as  two  misfits without  a  cause.  They  mostly  spend  time  together  alone  in  now their  secret  sanctuary  away  from  the  other  pirates  who  had  having seen  their  captain  have  a  woman  they  wanted  one  too.  Karnage order  that  no  women  except  Alexandra  are  allowed  on  Pirate Island,  but  the  crew  could  go  out  and  do  what  ever  they  wanted on  their  own  time.

    Alexandra  had  traveled  to  Cape  Suzette  in  disguise  to  retrieve her  most  precious  belongings  out  of  storage.  Some  were  pictures of  her  and  Xavier  a.k.a.  Don  Karnage  when  they  were  younger.  

    "I  do  not  understand  you , Alex.  You  are  such  a  proper  lady, but  you  are  so  adventurous  at  the  same  time."

    "My  properness  comes  from  my  parents  and  studying  ballet almost  all  my  life.  My  adventurous  side  comes  from  my  birth father."

    "What  was  your  birth  father?"

    "He  was  a  treasure  hunter  to  say  the  least.  His  plane  went down  before  I  was  born."

    "That's  so  sad,  Alex."

    "It  is,  but  at  least  I  didn't  have  a  father  for  long.  My step-dad  adopted  me  when  I  was  four  and  he  became  my  dad.  A controlling  and  over  protective  dad.  But, one  anyway.  Unlike  you. You  never  had  a  father.  Only  your  mother  was  there."

    "What  was  my  mother  like?"

    "She  was  such  a  respectable  lady.  She  taught  you  to  treat women  with  the  utt  most  respect  and  treat  men the  same  way  you would  want  to  be  treated.  She  was  a  great  mother  to  you.  I wish  she  was  still  alive."

    "When  did  she  die?"

    "Not  long  after  you  disappeared.  She  died  of  a  broken  heart. You  were  her  life.  The  only  reason  she  lived  was  because  of you.  I  guess she  couldn't  handle  the  lose."

    Alexandra  pulled  a  small  photo  album  from  her  bag,  and  turned to  a  certain  picture.  Karnage  leaned  over  her  shoulder.

    "That's  her."

    In  the  black  and  white  picture  stood  a  tall,  fine  looking lady  wolf  smiling  wearing  a  straight  one  piece  dress  with  a white  apron  over  it. 

    "She  was  a  very  lively  woman  I  remember."

    "She  loved  having  fun  with  us.  And,  she  loved  to  cook."

    "What  was  her  name?"  he  asked  fascinated  with  the  photo  of the  woman  who  resembled  him.

    "Victoria  Carmadelle.  That  was your  last  name  Xavier  Braden Carmadelle.  Born  October  30,  1905. Two  months  after  I  was  born. Our  mothers  met  each  other  living  in  the  same  apartment  building after  your  mom  relocated  from  Christiana."

    "I  have  never  heard  of  that  place,  Christiana."

    "Christiana  is a  small  island  off  the  coast  of  Guyana. She never did  say  why  she  came  to  Cape  Suzette.    Maybe  that's  why you  were  like  obsessed  with  taking  over  Cape  Suzette.  You  were raised  there."

    "I  always  wondered  why  I  wanted  to  capture  Cape  Suzette" he said  putting  down  the  picture. "What  is  it  that  you  wanted  to  do with  your  life?"

    "Career  wise?"

    "Yes."

    "Well,  I  never  really  decided.  I  went  to  college,  and  majored in  history.  But, a  history  degree?  What  can  you  do  with  that?  I had  no  use  for  it.  It was  my  parents  who  wanted  me  to  do that.  What  I  really  wanted  to  do  was  perform.  Me  and  you  were an  act  together.  We  had  a  dream  that  we'd  travel  around  the world  performing  in  front  of  hundreds  of  people.  I  would  dance as  you  played  the  violin.  It  was  a  silly  dream  though."

    "Why?  Who  wouldn't  want  to  see  you  dance,  and  me  play  my violin?"

    "I  expected  you  would  say  that,  but  it's  impossible.  It's just  a  childish  desire.  We  could  never  do  anything  like  that."

    "You  performed  on  your  step-father's  plane."

    "That  was  different.  It  was  a  favor  to  my  parents."  She stopped  for  a  second.  One idea  came  in  Alexandra's  head. "Have  you ever  been  on  vacation?"

    "Vacation?"

    "Yeah.  Leave  the  pirate  scene  for  a  week or  so.  I  don't think  chaos  would  break  out,  because  you're  gone  for  a  week."

    "You  do  not  know  my  crew  as  well  as  I  do.  They  are  idiots, and  leaving  them  for  a  day  will  cause  chaos."

    "Is  there  anyone  you  can  put  in  charge  that  can  keep  things in  line  around  here  that  won't  try  and  take  your  position  as captain?"

    "Yes,  there  is  one  person  I  have  forgotten  about.  But,  if  we were  to  go  on  a  vacation,  where  would  it  be  to?"

    "I  know  the  perfect  place.  We  can  go  to  my  grandparent's condo  on  the  beach  in  Forsynthia.  Although,  that's  the  place where  we  were  kidnapped,  but  that  was  along  time  ago.  I  should get over  it  now."

    "But,  won't  someone  recognize  me,  Alex?  I  am  the  most  famous pirate  captain,  you  know."

    "Yes,  I  know,  and  maybe  someone  will.  But,  we  don't  have  to be  around  anyone.  My  grandparents'  beach  house  is  a  half  a  mile from  each  of  the  neighbor  house,  and  I'll  go  in  town  to  get anything  we  need.  I  just  want  to  go  away  with  you  alone  for  a while.  That's  all  I  ask."

    "What  are  we  waiting  for?"

 

    Karnage  had  the  perfect  person  in  mind  to  keep  chaos  out  of his  crew  and  wouldn't  want  to  take  his  position  as  captain.  The one  problem  was:  would  Kit  Cloudkicker  take  the  job.  Karnage followed  the  Sea  Duck  the  next  day  to  New  Fedora  and  try  to talk  to  Kit  alone  without  that  big  fat  bear  with  him.  He  waited a  while  till  Baloo had  left  Kit  alone  on  the  cargo  dock.  He walked  up  to  Kit  slowly  trying  not  to  alarm  him.  Usually  when he  was  after  Kit,  he  was  going  to  kidnap  him  or  hurt  him.  But, Karnage  felt  that  it  wasn't  necessary  to  do  that  right  now.  He quietly  went  up  to  Kit  who  didn't  notice.

    "Kit  Cloudkicker.  It's  is  I…"  Karnage  announced,  but  was  cut off.

    "What  do  you  want  Karnage?"  Kit  said  very  daunted  that  his biggest  enemy  was  behind  him.

    "Well,  if  you  want  me  to  just  get  to  the  point.  I,  the  Don Karnage,  needs  your  help."

    "_You_  need  my  help.  For  what?  I'm  not  doing  anything illegal."

    "I  just  need  you  to  keep  chaos  out  of  my  crew  for  a  week or  so."

    "Why?  Where are  you  going?"

    "On  vacation."

    "You're  going  on  vacation?"  Kit  kind  a  laughed  at  the thought. 

    "Yes.  Why  is  it  so  strange?"

    "Because  you  never  went  on  vacation  before.  What's  going  on? Or  should  I  say,  who  are  you  going  with?"

    "I'm  with  my  girlfriend.  Now  are  you  happy.  We  need  time alone together."

    "Who  would  be  willing  to  date  you?"

    "It  is  a  long  story.  Will you  take  it  or  not?"

    "What's  in  it  for  me?"

 

    The  next  day,  after  Karnage  negotiated  with  Kit,   him  and Alexandra  were  off  in  his  CT-37  to  the  small  beach  paradise of Forsynthia.  It  didn't  take  long  before  they  arrived  in  front  of Alexandra's  grandparents'  condo.  They  pulled  his  plane  up  to  the shore  and  tied  it  to  the  dock.  The  water  was  crystal  blue there,  and  the  sand  was  white.  Alexandra  had  the  biggest  grin  on her  face  when  Karnage  helped  her  onto  the  flat  sheet  of  white sand  near  the  dock. 

    The  condo  wasn't  as  big  as  he  had  pictured  it.  Alexandra  had told  him  about  the  days  they  spend  there  with  her  grandparents having  bond  fires  and  moon  lit  walks  on  the  beach .  He  couldn't remember  none  of  it  though.  All  the  memories  she  had  could  only be  shared  by  her  to  him.  But,  it  didn't  matter.  She  was  about to  make  new  memories  with  the  man  she  loved. 

    They  trekked  up  the  beach,  duffels  in  hand,  to  the  condo farther  on  the  shore.  The  sand  wasn't  very  hot,  but  the  sun reflected  off  the  water  intensely.  Alexandra  made  it  to  the  condo first  looking  under the  welcome  mat  finding  the  front  door  key there.  She  unlocked  the  door  as Karnage  was  walking  up. 

    "I  can't  believe  I  haven't  been  here  since  I  was  twenty"  she recollected  walking  in  with  Karnage behind  her.  He  followed  her to  the  first  bedroom  in  the  hallway  dropping  the  bags  on  the uniformed  bed. 

    "Where  are  your  grandparents  anyway?"

    "They  both  died  a  few  years  ago  in  a  car  accident.  I  didn't go  to  the  funeral." 

    "You  couldn't  swallow  your  pride  once  to  go  to  your grandparents'  funeral?"

    "It  wasn't  that.  By  the  time  I  found out,  they  had  been  died for  three  weeks.  I  was  devastated  for  weeks."

    "I'm  sorry."

    "Thanks.  So,  what  do  you  want  to  do  first?"

    "Whatever  you  want  to  do?  I'm  new  to  the  beach  scene."

    "Are  you  going  to  change  your  clothes?  Because  it's  scorching outside  and  you  might  get  a  little  hot."

    "Ain't  I  already  hot?"

    "Your  very  hot.  I'm  just  worried  you'll  get  over  heated."

    "Okay.  I  will  change."

    "Good.  I'll  be  right  back."

    Alexandra  took  her  small  duffel  bag  into  the  bathroom  leaving Karnage  to  himself.  It  didn't  take  long  after  she  left to  return. Karnage  had  changed  into  something  he  rarely  wore- a  regular white  shirt  and  gray  shorts.  The  door  to  the  bathroom  opened  and Alexandra  stepped  out  in  a  bikini  top  and  short  swim  skirt. Karnage's  eyes  widened  when  he  saw  for  the  first  time  something revealing  on  Alexandra. He  walked  over  to  her  and  put  his  arms around  her  waist.    

 

    "You  look…good!"

    "Thanks.  You  look  good  yourself."

    Karnage  bent  Alexandra  over  and  sultry  touch  his  lips  with her's.  She  grew  weak  in  the  knees  and  just  let  him  hold  her. It  felt  so  right  to  be  in  his  arms  again.  He  finally  brought her  back  up.  It  took  a  moment  for  her  to  recover. 

    "Are  you  ready  to  go?"  he  asked.

    "I've  been  ready  for  eighteen  years."

    They  walked  out  to  the  beach.  The  waves  were  crashing  against the  shore  as  the  two  lovers  walked  hand  in  hand  down  the beach.  Karnage  had  never  been  in  such  a  romantic  setting  with someone  he  cared  for  and  it  felt  so  good.  They  walked  for  a while Alexandra  playfully  splashing  in  the  ocean  water  as  the ocean  current  whipped  through  her  long  brown  hair.  Karnage  loved the  scene.  They  turned  back  to  the  condo  after  the  neighbors house  was  in  sight. 

    It  had  been  two  hours  since  they  had  left.  Alexandra  and Karnage  were  walking  toward  the  condo  when  Alexandra  noticed  a jeep  parked  near  it. 

    "What the  heck?"  she  whispered. 

    "Who's  jeep  is  that?"

    "I  don't know."

    They  walked  up  to  the  condo  when  the  front  door  flung  open. A  short  brown  dog  stepped  out  mouth  agape  at  what  he  saw. Alexandra  recognized  him  and  twinged  at  the  sight  of  him.

    "Alex"  he  said.

    "Daddy."

    The  mayor  looked  at  her  companion.

    "Don  Karnage!  Alice,  get  my  gun!"

    "O,  no"  Alexandra  and  Karnage  said  in  unison.            

 

    "Alexandra,  what  are  you  doing  with this  criminal?"  the  mayor yelled  eyes  blazing. 

    "Daddy,  it's  a  really  long  story."

    Just  then,  an  older  looking  wolf  came  to  the  door.  She resembled  Alexandra  a  little  with  the  brown  hair  and  eyes. 

    "What  in  the  world  is  going  on,  Jacob?  O  my  goodness!  Alex, get  away  from  that  thing."

    Alexandra  rolled  her  eyes.  She  knew  this  was  going  to  take  a while  and  a  lot  of  explaining. 

    "Mom,  he's  not  a  thing.  He  has  a  name.  Actually  two  names."

    "Well,  I  only  know  him  by  one.  Alice,  call  the  police."

    Karnage  leaned  over  by  Alexandra's  ear  and  whisper  "What  do we  do  now?   I  can't  do  anything  to  your  parents."

    "But,  I  can."

    Alexandra  advanced  toward  the  door,  but  her  father  stopped her.

    "Daddy,  move.  You're  not  doing  anything  till  I  tell  you  my story.  Won't  you  please  listen  to  me?"

    Jacob  stared  straight  into  his  step-daughter's  blank  face.

    "Not  when  it  involves  him."

    "Then  get  out  my  way."

    She  pushed  her  step-father  aside  and  ran  into  the  house  where her  mother  was  fixing  to  call the  police  station.  She  jerked  the phone  out  of  her  mother's  hand  and  slammed  it  back  on  the receiver. 

    "Alexandra  Jane  Bancroft!  What  is  the  meaning  of this?"  Jacob shouted  through  the  screen  door. 

    "Come  out  here"  she  said  grabbing  her  mom  by  the  wrist. Karnage  didn't  know  what  to  do  about  the  situation  unfolding  in front  of  him  about  him,  but  he  didn't  have  no  part  in  it. Alexandra  brought  her  mom  out  to  the  porch.

    "You  two  sit!"

    Surprisingly,  her  parents  obeyed  her  command.  She  stood  for  a second  frustrated  trying  to  get  her  thoughts  straight.  Then  she remembered  her  companion  standing  behind  her.  She  turned  to  him and  offered  her  hand.  He  took  it  hesitantly  knowing  her  parents were  fixing  to  protest  more. 

    "Now,  let  me  begin  from  the  beginning.  When  I  was  a  kid, you  two  didn't  like  me  being  friends  with  Xavier.  The  ghetto  boy as  you  use  to  refer  to  him.  Well,  don't  forget  that  I was  born in  the  ghetto  too.  You  remember  that  mom.  We  use  to  be  poorer than  dirt  while  my  birth  father  was  getting  himself  killed. 

    "When  we  got  older,  me  and  Xavier  had  a  relationship  with each  other.  A  strong  bond  that  couldn't  be  broken.  But, it  was when  he  disappeared.  I  spent  so  many  years  of  my life  searching for  the  part  of  me  that  I  lost.  Not  once  did  you  two  support me.  Only  told  me  I  was  insane. 

    "But,  finally,  after  all  those  years,  I  accident  stumble  on him.  I  found  Xavier.  Now  you  want  to  take  him  away  from  me again.  I  love  you  guys,  but  I  just  can't  your  controlling attitude  toward  me.  I'm  thirty-two.  You  should  start  controlling your  own  life."

    "Alex,  are  you  saying  that  this  pirate  is  the  scrawny  boy  I use  to  pick  on?"  her  step-father  asked.

    "Yes."   

    The  stunned  expression  on  their  faces  stuck  for  a  long  time as  the  four  just  sat  [and  stood]  there  in  silence.  But,  it didn't  take  long  till  Alexandra  spoke  again.

    "What  are  you  going  to  do  now?"  she  asked  her  parents. "Please,  give  him  a  chance."

    "How  can  I  give  Don  Karnage  a  chance  when  he  once  destroyed my  city,  he's  tried  to  take  over  Cape  Suzette  numerous  times, and  now  he's  stolen  my  daughter  away  from  me."

    "Excusie  me,  Mr.  and  Mrs.  Bancroft.  I  am  the  boy  your daughter  speaks  of,  and  I  admit  trying  to  take  over  Cape  Suzette was  an  obsession  and  hobby  of  mine.  But,  I  am  not  the  fearful pirate  captain  Don  Karnage  anymore."

    Alexandra  suddenly  turned  to  him  in  astonished  not  knowing what  to  think.  She  knew  he  was  lying,  but  maybe  her  parents bought  it.  She  turned  back  to  them.

    "You've  not  a  pirate  anymore?"  Alice  asked.

    "No,  I  am  not.  Your  daughter  has  convinced  me  to  quit, because  I  care  for  her  very  strongly."

    Jacob  and  Alice  glanced  at  each  other.  It  didn't  sound  like the  truth  especially  coming  out of  a  convicted  liars  mouth. 

    "Alexandra  has  that  effect  on  people"  Jacob  stood  up laying his arms  on  his  step-daughter  and  Karnage's  shoulders.  "Then  we shall  all  stay  here  together  so  we  can  be  like  one  big  happy family  on  a  trip."  Alexandra  knew  he  had  something  up  his sleeve.  "Come  Alice.  I'll  help  you  set  the  table."  Jacob  went inside  with  his  wife  in  tow.  When  they  were  out  of  sight, Alexandra  elbowed  her  companion  in  the  side. 

    "What  do  you  think  your  doing?  I  know  you  did  not  give  up your  position  as  captain."

    "Yes,  I  lied.  But,  I  did  not  lie  about  one  thing.  I  do care  for  you  very  much.  How  could  I  resist  you?"

    Alexandra  gave  him  a  short  kiss  then  grasped  his  hand. 

    "Lets  go  see  what  my  dad  is  up  to."

 

    They  spent  the  rest  of  the  night  in the  watchful  eye  of Alexandra's  step-dad.  He  treated  Karnage  with  respect  which  was  a change  Alexandra  noticed,  but  she  knew  her  dad  too  well  to  not know  he  was  going to  drop  a  bomb  on  them.  Corner  Karnage  with certain  questions  was  something  he  had  in  mind.  Not  tonight though.  Jacob  only  wanted  peace  after  the  blow  up  on  the  porch. His  blood  pressure  couldn't  handle  it.  He  only  wanted  to  enjoy the  night  knowing  exactly  where  his  daughter  was.  It  was  very rare  when  her  parents  knew  exactly  where  she  was. 

    The  night  ended  with  a  card  game.  Karnage  hadn't  played  poker in  years,  but  still  won  three  games  in  a  row.  Jacob  and  Alice trekked  to  their  room  which  use  to  be  his  parents'  room  when they  were  alive  down  the  hall from  Alexandra's. 

    "Why  can't  we  stay  in  the  same  room?"

    "I  told  you,  even  if  my  parents  weren't  here,  we're  not sleeping  in  the  same  room.  You  know  that.  I  don't  allow  us  to sleep  in  the  same  quarters  on  Pirate  Island."

    "Yes.  Yes.  I  know  you  have  your  morals  or  whatever."

    "Goodnight"  Alexandra  said  giving  him  a  quick  kiss  goodnight. 

    "See  you  tomorrow."

    She  gave  him  a  faint  smile  as  she  stepped  into her  room.

 

    The  next  morning,  Karnage  was  awoken  by  the  sound  of  music playing.  He  sat  up  in  bedroom  remembering  where  he  was.  The  sun had  just  risen.  It  only  had  to be  six  o'clock  in  the  morning. He  stood  up  restful  to  look  for  the  source  of  the  music.  He opened  his  door  to  hear  that  it  was  coming  from  the  last  door down  the  hall.  He  walked  to  it  noticing  it  was  open  a  crack. He  peeked  in  as  the  music  grew  louder  to  see  Alexandra  in  a black  leotard  with  a  slimmer  wrap  around  her  waist.  She  was practicing  to  the  music  which  was  a  classical  motif.  She  realized she  was  being  watched  and  stopped  the  record  player.

    "How  long have  you  been  standing  there?" 

    "Long  enough  to  see  you  dance  like  an  angel."

    "Come  in"  she  said  pulling  him  in  by  the  wrist.

    Karnage  peered  around  the  room  that  was  more  like  a  studio with  large  mirrors  hanging   on  the  wall  and  a  balance  bar hanging  also. 

    "What is  this  place?"

    "This…is  my  dance  studio  my  grandparents  built  me.  It's  be  so long  since  I've  been  in  this  place has  had  me  dancing  in  it.  I missed  it  so  much."

    "Can  I  watch  you  practice?"

    "Of  course,  you  can.  Start  the  record  player."

    Karnage  started  the  record  player  as  Alexandra  got  into position.  The  music  began  again  with  a  piano  medley  of  fast  and slow  sounds. 

    "You  don't  mind  if  I  ramble  to  myself?"  she  asked  beyond  the music.

    "Do  what  you  wish."

    With  that,  Alexandra  began  to  dance  and  rambling  to  herself the  steps  she  had  memorized  for  the  dance.

    "Up.  Down. (stand  on  both  toes  parallel).  Pecay.  (turn  on  one toe)    Pecay.  Up  flex.  Turn.  Fifth  position  (legs  spread  apart standing  on  toe)…"  she  rambled  on  through  out  the  whole  song.  At the  end,  she  had  Karnage  turn  her  like  a  music  box  dancer. 

    "I  still  don't  know  how  you  do  that."

    "What  ballet?"  she  said  untying  the  ribbon  that  held  the ballet  slipper  on.  "Like  I  told  you  before,  I've  been  doing  this for  over  two  decades.  I  know  all  there  is  to  know  about  how to  dance."

    "And  you  do  an  excellent  job  of  knowing."

 

    The  day  went  on  with  no  trouble  from  Jacob.  Alexandra  was surprised  at  that.  She  thought  that  she  would  get  the  'legally your  my  child  and  we  are  doing  this  for  your  own  good'  speech then  she  would  give  him  the  'I'm  my  own person'  speech.  She  was all  too  familiar  with  it.      Her  step-father  was  always  wanting to  make  trouble,  but  for  him  not  to be after  what  happened  the day  before,  she  started  to  get  worried.  It  was  no  fret  to Karnage  though.  All  he  was  worried  about  was  being  with Alexandra.  

    Dusk  was  setting  in,  and  Alexandra's  parents  went  into  town to  buy  groceries.  They  were  alone  again.  Karnage  had  retreated in the  condo  to  get  something  to  drink  leaving  Alexandra  outside  on the  shore.  She  had  pulled  off  her  t-shirt  wearing  her  bikini  top underneath  to  go  for  a  quick  dip.  The  waves  were  choppy,  but she'd  swam  in  worst  water,  so,  it  didn't  faze  her.  She  ran  into the  water  the  waves  harshly  pounded  her.  It  had  only  been  a few  moments  when  she  felt  her  legs  slip  from  under  her  and Alexandra  was  pulled  under.  Karnage  was  just  coming  back  outside when  he  heard  a  faint  cry  for  help.

    "Alex"  he  said.  He  heard  the  cry  again  finally  seeing something  struggling  in  the  water.  "Alex!"  he  cried  as  he realized  she  was  being  towed  under  the  water.  He  run  out  to  the ocean  fighting  the  fierce  waves  that  beat  against  him.  Karnage keep  diving  under  till  he  finally  fished  Alexandra  out. 

    He  carried  her  up  to  the  shore  falling  on  his  knees  from exhaustion.  Alexandra  was  choking  as  she  woke  from  blacking  out. Karnage  put  her  down  on  the  sand.

    "Alex,  what  were  you  thinking?"

    She  respond.  She  just  opened  her  eyes  slightly.

    "No!  Don't  let  go"  she  all  the  sudden  cried  struggling.  She grabbed  onto  Karnage's  neck  as  he  picked  her  back  up  in  his arms.  "Please  don't  let  go.  Don't  let  go"  she  pleaded. 

    Karnage  confused  by  her  action  just  kneeled  there  holding  her not  knowing  what  to  do.  Alexandra curled  up  to  him  intensely.  He could  felt  her  muscles  tense  then  relax.  Her  breathing  became steady  as she  fell  asleep.                   

 

    A  couple  hours  later,  Karnage  was  still  at  Alexandra's  side. He  had  brought  her  back  into  the  condo  where  he  laid  her  down on  her  bed, and  sat  waiting  for  her  to  wake  up.  Jacob  and  Alice had  come  back  wondering  what  was  wrong  with  their  daughter,  but Karnage  said  she  had  became  a  little  over  heated  and  needed rest.  Of  course,  Jacob  had  to  see  for  himself.  Seeing  that  his daughter  was  still  breathing,  he  left  them  alone  with  a  warning.

 

    After  a  while,  Alexandra  started  to  stir.  She  turned  over , and  opened  her  eyes  to  see  Karnage  sitting  in  a  chair next  to her  bed.

    "You're  finally  awake"  he  said  smiling.

    Alexandra  looked  at  him  dazed.  She  had  no  idea  what  was going  on.

    "What  happen?  Why  am  I  in  bed?"  she  said  sitting  up  against the  bed  post.

    "You  don't  remember?  You  almost  drown.  I  had  to  save  you."

    "I…"  Her  memory  started  to  come  back.  She  remembered  she  had went  into  the  water  and  was  dragged  under,  but  that's  where  it stopped.  "O  my  goodness.  It  happened  again."

    "That's  not  the  first  time  you  nearly  drown?"

    "No."

    "Then  please  tell  me  about  it."

    "Okay.  It  was  years  ago  in that  same  water.  Before  I  came here  to  visit  my  grandparents,  I  had  a  dream  that  I  had  been dragged  under  water  and  I  couldn't  get  out.  It  felt  like  I  was falling.  I  didn't  think  anything  of  the  dream  though.  I  went  for a  swim  while  I  was  here  and  I  was  dragged  under.  Just  like  my dream,  I  felt  like  I  was  falling.  I  was  rescue  after  being under  for  a  almost  a  minute."

    "Why  do  you  keep  going  back  in?  That  would  scare  most  people away  from  the  water  forever."

    "Like  I  said,  I'm  not  a  quitter  and  I'm  as  stubborn  as a mule"  she  reminded  him  smiling  intently  for  a  moment.  "Thank  you for  saving  me"  she  said  latching  onto  his  neck  again.

    "It  was  the  least  I  could  do"  he  remarked  letting  her  go.

    "Only  you  would  say  that.  So,  where  my  parents?"

    "They  are  gone  for  now.  They  went  to  go  visit  with  the neighbors  down  the  beach."

    "Good.  I  hope  they  stay  gone  for  a  while  longer.  Come  here." Alexandra  patted  the  bed  next  to  her.  Karnage  walked  over  and crawled  beside  her. 

    "Would  you  please  just  hold  for  a  while?"

    "You  know  I  will."

    With  the  invitation,  Karnage  put  his  around  her waist  as Alexandra  laid  back  down.  He  pulled  her  closer  to  him,  and  they just  laid  there  silently.

 

The  next  day,  Alexandra  woke  up  realizing  that Karnage  stayed  in her  bed  the  whole  night.  She  got  a  little  frantic  over  the fact.  He  told  her  nothing  impure  happened,  and   that  it  didn't hurt  anything  that  he  accidentally  fell  asleep  in  her  bed.  She calmed  down  knowing  that  it  was  all  right,  but  her  parents  were going  to  kill  her. 

    "I  thought  you  said  you  were  your  own  self  and  that  they could  not  control  you  anymore."

    "I  know.  It's  just  the  way I  am.  I  feel  guilty."

    "But  we  didn't  do  anything  wrong."

    "I  know  that  too.  It's  just  really  important  to  me  to…Hey, maybe  they're  not  up  yet.  You  can  sneak  out  and  pretend  you weren't  even  in  here."

    "What  if  they  are  up?"

    "Then  I'm  screwed.  Now,  check  to  see  if  you  hear  anything going  on  out  there."

    Karnage  cracked  opened  the  door  to  hear  nothing  going  on outside  of  the  room. 

    "I  don't  think  no  one  is  up."

    "Good.  Get  out"  she  said  pushing  him  out  the  door.  "Sorry. Please  forgive  me  for  my  harsh  actions,  but  I  better  close  the door  now."

    The  door  to  her  parents'  room  opened  as  she  closed  her's.   A groggy  Jacob  walked  out  rubbing  his  eyes.  He  looked  up  to see Karnage  standing  at  his  daughter's  door.

    "O,  it's  you.  What  are  you  doing  by  Alex's  door?"

    "I  was  seeing  if  she  was  awake  yet.  No,  she  isn't.  I'll  go back  to  my  room  now."

    Karnage  turned,  but  was  stopped  by  Jacob's  voice.

    "Wasn't  that  the  clothes  you  were  wearing  yesterday?  Did  you already  get  dressed?"

    "Yes  and  no.  I  sleep  in  them  last  night."

    Jacob  walked  past  Karnage  shacking  his  head.

 

    Jacob  had  decided  to  cook  barbecue  that  afternoon.  Even though,  he  were  rich,  him  and  his  wife  still  wanted  to  be independent  without  people  waiting  on  them  hand  and  foot.  Jacob was  playing  with  the  fire  when  Karnage  came  out  the  condo.

    "What  are  you  doing?"  he  asked  watching  Jacob  pour  a  tiny drop  of  gasoline  onto  the  fire  he  started  on the  beach.  A  small puff  of  fire  rose  into  the  air  and  back  down.

    "I'm  playing  with  fire.  Alice  hates  when  I  do this.  She  says I'm  going  to  one  day  blow  myself  up."

    "You  could  be."

    "I  know.  I  don't  need  anymore  warnings.  I  thought  you  of  all people  would  do  this."

    "I  may  play  with  fire  in a  different  way,  but  not  literally."

    "Your  playing  with  fire  right  now.  Being  here  and  all.  I could  have  you  arrest  in  a  snap  and  taken  off to  prison.  You would  be  there  for  a  very,  very  long  time.  I'd  make  sure  of that.  But,  my  daughter  says  you  are  the  boy  who  she  loved  and I  believe  her.  That's  why  you're  still  here.  If  it  wasn't  for Alex,  saying  that,  you'd  be  gone.  Why  don't  you  come  by  Cape Suzette  sometime  and  hang  around  with  me  and  my  boys  in  the blue  coats.  Hey,  you  and  them  would  match."

    "Is  that  an  indirect  threat?"

    "Maybe.  Alex  is  the  most  important  thing  in  my  life.  If  you hurt  her,  you  will  die  by  my  hands.  Now,  that  is  a  threat."

 

    With  the  threat  from  Jacob  over  his  head,  Karnage  went  to look  for  Alexandra  who  hadn't  been  seen  in  a  good  while.  He walked  down  the  hall  of  the  condo  past  her  room.

    "Pheess,  hey"  he  heard  from  behind  him.  He  looked  back  to see  Alexandra  hanging  out  of  her  room.  "Were  you  looking  for me?"

    "Who  else  would  I  be  looking  for?"

    "Come  on"  she  said  grabbing  his  wrist  pulling  him  into  her room, and  closing  the  door  behind  them. 

    "Why  are  you  still  in  here?"

    "I've  been  busy."

    "Doing  what?"

    "This." She  showed  him  a  black  and  white  long  slip  dress  with a  low  v-neck.  "I've  been  sewing."

    "What  is  this  for?"

    "For  you.  Well,  for  me  to  wear  for  you."

    "But,  why?  You  look  good  in  just  what  you're  wear.  I  do prefer  the  bikini  though,  and  I  like  the  way  you  wear  the  scarf over  your  head.  You  look  like  a  pirate  wearing  that."

    "I'm  glad  you  like  that,  but  you'll  see  what  else  this  dress is  for  later.  So,  what've  you  been  doing?"  she asked  sitting next  to  him  on  her  bed.

    "Receiving  threats  from  your  father."

    "What  did  he  say?"

    "He  said  he  wanted  me  to  go  hang  around  his  boys  in  blue coats,  and  he  said  he  would  kill  me  himself  if  I  hurt  you."

    "And,  he  means  it  too.  Take  it  from  me.  You  don't  want  to get  in  his  way.  I  have  first  hand  experience.  So,  are  you  ready for  the  bond  fire  tonight?"

    "Bond  fire.  I  did  not  hear  of  that."

    "Now,  you  have.  My  parents  are  hosting  a  bond  fire  on  the beach.  The  neighbors  from  the  opposite  side  of  the  beach  is coming,  but  they  probably  don't  know  who  you  are  and  won't recognize  you.  So,  you're  identity  is  safe  with  me.  I  have  to warn  you  though.  My  dad  gets  a  little  too  drunk  at  these things."

    "Did  you  know  he  was  as  drunk  as  a  skunk  on  the  night  of his  bouquet?"

    "Yes,  I  did.  He  was  the  one  who  was  whistling  and  causing his  own personal  riot  after  my  dance  was  over."                    

 

    "Yes.  He  was  very  loud."

    "But,  when  he  is,  I  just  ignore  him"  she  said  going  back  to fiddling  with  her  dress.

    Karnage's  eye  had  caught  the  sight  of  a  photo  in  a  frame  of a  wolf  in  a  jump  suit  leaning  against  an  old  barnstormer sitting on  Alexandra's  dresser.  He  stood  up,  and  walked  over  to  the dresser  picking  the  frame  up.  He  examined  it  for  a  second. 

    "Alex,  who  is  this?"

    "That  man?  That's  my  birth  father. That's  the  only  picture  my mom  had  of  him."

    Karnage  keep  his  eyes  focused  on  the  person  in  the  photo.  He knew  him  from  somewhere.  Then  it  hit  him  of  where  he  had  knew the  man.

    "It  can't  be  him"  he  murmured  to  himself.

 

    The  man  in  the  picture  was  more  then  just  a  face  Karnage had  seen.  The  man's  name  was  Henry  Stiers  a  person  Cutler  had introduced  to  him  years  ago.  Stiers  wasn't  a  pirate,  but  worked as  a  camouflaged  spy  for  the  pirates.  He  would  give  first  hand information  of  what  was  going  on  in  the  government  about  stopping pirates  and  when  attacks  were  being  planned  to  capture  pirates. He  would  in  exchange  get  treasure  for  the  information.  Stiers  was a  very  effective  source  helping  Karnage  out  when  he  first  became pirate  captain.  But,  Stiers  retired  from  the  spy  business  and Karnage  knew  exactly  where  he  was. 

    The  bonfire  wasn't  to  exciting  for  him  that  night  with  the thought  of  Henry  Stiers  being  Alexandra's  birth  father.  He  didn't know  whether  to  tell  her  or  cause  another  family  crisis  for  the Bancrofts.  He  sat  in  the  fold  out  chair  on  the  beach  near  the water  as  the  rest  of the  guest  partied.  Alex  noticed  her companion's  somber  mood  wondering  why  he  was  so  down.  She  walked over  to  him  kneeling  down  on  the  sand.

    "My  beloved,  what's  wrong?  You're  not  yourself  tonight"  she said  placing  her  hand  on  his.  Karnage  had  acquired  a  new nickname  from  Alex.  Since  he  wasn't  too  comfortable  being  called Xavier and  she  wasn't  too  content  calling  him  Karnage,  they settled  on  something  new. 

    "I'm  just  not  feeling  well  tonight,  Alex."

    "I  bet  I  know  what's  wrong.  You  miss  your  crew  and  your plundering  and  your  own  life."

    "What?  No,  no,  no.  It's  nothing  like  that.  You  think  I  miss those  imbeciles?  I  do  miss  plundering   a  little."

    "What  about  your  own  life?"

    "What  do  you  mean?"

    "Y'know,  before  you  met  me."

    "No, I  don't  miss  it."

    "Is  it  coming  here?  Did  my  parents  spoil  our  vacation?  Or was  it  me?  I  bet  I  rushed  thing."

    He  placed  one  hand  on  her  shoulder,  and  the  other  over  her mouth.

    "Alex,  slow  down.  You  did  nothing  of  that.  Your  parents  may have  spoiled  it  a  little,  but  it's interesting  to  see  your  father has  many  qualities  that  I  never  would  have  expected."

    "Yep,  my  dad  may  seem  serious"  she  glanced  over  at  the  fire to  see  her  intoxicated  father  dancing  around  like  an  idiot,  and wondered  how  the  heck  he  was  the  mayor  of  Cape  Suzette. "But, he's  really  a  character  at  heart."  She  looked  at  back  at Karnage.  "You  wanna  go  someplace  else  to  get  away  from  all  these rowdy  people."

    "I'd  love  too."

    The  two  took  off  down  the  beach  toward  the  area  of  the island  more  secluded  with  a  small  cliff  that  looked  over  the ocean.  They  walked  for  a  while  till  they  couldn't  hardly  see anything.  The  moon  was  out  lighting  up  the  water  making  the night  liter.  Alex  and  Karnage  stopped  to  look  out  over  the ocean. 

    After  a  moment,  a  noise  caught  both  their  ears.  Karnage turned  peering  around.  The  dark  made  it  impossible  to  see anything.  Just  then,  another  loud  sound.  It  was  the  crunch  of  a footstep  in  the  sand.

    "Did  you  hear  that?"  murmured  Alex  who  stuck  closer  to  her companion  who  didn't  reply  back. 

    They  heard  the  sound  again  even  closer.  All  the  sudden,  the sound  became  a  physical  shape  coming  up  behind  them.  Karnage  spun around  catching  a  hand  raised  holding  a  sword.  He  wrestled  the figure  as  well  as  he  could  in  the  dark.  Alex  ran  over  finding a  piece  of  drift  wood  then  hit  the  figure  in  the  back.  It  fell down,  but  recovered  in  an  instant.  Karnage  grabbed  Alex's  hand and  took  off  toward  the  foliage  of  the  island.  Dodging  tree branches  and  hanging  vines,  they  ran  as  fast  as  they  could.

    Unforeseen,  their  next  step  was  in  a  hole  that  over  the years  was  covered  in  vines  and  grass.  Both  fell  and  hit  the ground  about  eight  feet  down.  Karnage  raised  his  head  seeing  the hole  was  a  tunnel,  and  a  stream  of  water  was  flowing  under them.

    "Alex,  are  you…?"

    "I'm  okay ; just  wet"  she  said  cutting  him  off.  He  helped  her up,  but  at  the  same  time  noticing  with  the  very  dim  light  of the  moon  something  slithering  in  the  water.  Alex  looked  back  to see  what  he  was  staring  at  to  see  a  cobra  there  near  them.  She was  fixing  to  scream  when  Karnage  throw  his  arm  around  her waist , and   his  hand  over  her  month.

    "Don't  move"  he  whispered. 

    Before  the  cobra  could  shrike,  the  figure  that  was  chasing them  dove  down  into  the  hole  slamming  it's  sword  into  the  cobra. Karnage  took  the  chance  to  make  a  run  for  it  deeper  into  the tunnel  dragging  Alex  behind  him.  As  they  ran,  the  water  became more  and  more  deeper  and  stronger.  They  could  hear  the  figure following  them  still  with  swift  steps.  The  tunnel  appeared  that it  had  an  end,  and  Karnage  and  Alex  were  coming  up  to  it  soon.

 

    They  stopped   when  the  tunnel  ended in  a  water  fall  that  was about  seventeen  feet  down.  The  figure  was  coming  upon  them  fast. All  they  could  do  was  jump  or  face  the  thing  that  was  after them  with  gruesome  results. 

    "We  have  to  jump"  he  said  to  Alex.

    "Then,  let's  go"  she  shouted  taking  the  first  leap.  Karnage followed  a  few  seconds  after.  They  hit  the  water  with  a  large splash.  Seconds  later,  they  both  emerged  out  of  the  water,  and swam  to  the  side  of the  river  that  the  water  fall  was  flowing into.  They  crawled  out  the  water  exhausted  collapsing  on  the  cold grass. 

    "You  may  of  escaped  me  this  time,  but  next  time, you'll  both die"  yelled  the  figure  which  Karnage  recognized  the  voice  as Captain  Cutler's.  He  had  a  feeling  it  was  him,  but  had  no  time to  think  about  it.  "I'm  going  to  attack  your  crew,  Karnage.  And, my  crew  will  win.  But,  first,  I need  to  kill  your  little  slut. Then,  I'll  decide  to  kill  you.  You  back-stabbing  cretin!"  The black  figure  disappeared  leaving  the  two  on  the  bank  of  the river. 

    "He  had two of  followed  us  here"  Alex  said  speaking  first.

    "Of  course,  he  did,  Alex.  He  will  not  stop  this  nonsense. He's  going  to  attack my  crew."

    "And  it's  all  my  fault."

    "What  are  you  talking  about,  Alex?  Nothing  is  your  fault."

    "Yes,  it  is!  If  it  wouldn't  of  been  for  me  writing  that stupid  letter  to  you,  you  would  of  never  met  me,  your  crew wouldn't  be  endanger  of  an  ambush,   we  wouldn't  be  endanger,  and you  would  still  have  your  normal  life."

    "My  life  is  so  far  from  normal,  and  your  letter  was  not stupid.  Yes,  my  crew  and  my  life  is  endanger, but  if  it  wasn't for  you,  I  wouldn't  of  received  the  greatest  gift.  Knowing  my past  and  where  I  came  from.  And  as  a  bonus,  I  received  you."

    "Why  do  you  care  so  much?!"

    "Because   I  love  you, Alex!  It  is  the  first  time  I  ever  felt love.  You  are  the  one  who  gave  it  to  me."

    Alexandra's  eyes  filled  with  tears  as  she  throw  her  arms around  his  neck.  Karnage  returned  the  embrace  feeling  like  a weight  has  been  lifted  off  his  shoulders.

    "That  is  what  I've  been  needing  to  hear  from  you.  I  love you  too.  You  know  I  always  have.  Always  will."

    Forgetting  about  Cutler's  threat  and  the  situation  they  were in,  they  just  sat  their  holding  each  other.  For  the  first  time in  Karnage's  life,  he  felt  whole.  But,  they  couldn't  stay  there forever  even  though  they  wanted  to.  Something  had  to  be  done about  Cutler  and  his  crew.                              

    "What  are  we  going  to  do  about  Cutler?"  Alex  finally  asked.

    "We  have  to  get  rid  of  Cutler  before he  gets  rid  of  us."   

 

    Karnage  and  Alexandra  traveled  back  to  the  condo  on  alert  for Cutler,  but  he  didn't  show  his  ugly  form  the  rest  of  that night.  By  the  time  they  arrived  back  at  the  condo,  it  was  way past  midnight,  and  the  guest  of  the  party  had  stumbled  home. Jacob  had  passed  out  in  a  fold-out  beach  chair,  and  Alice  had went  to  bed  after  Jacob  passed  out.  They  walked  to  Alex's  room, and  shut  the  door.  Alex  collapsed  on  her  bed  dramatically. 

    "So,  what's  the  plan  now,  captain?"

    "I  don't  know.  This  has  been  an  exhausting  night.  I'm  too tired  to  think  right  now.  I  don't  think  Cutler  will  do  anything tonight."

    "Well,  then,  why  don't  we  get  some  sleep."

    "Call  me  if  anything  happens."

    "I  will."

    With  that,  Karnage  left  the  room.  The  next  morning,  everyone woke  to  find  the  condo  shacking.  Karnage  was  the  first  to  get up;  stumbling  to  Alex's  room.  She  was  already  awake  sitting  on her  bed  frozen.

    "What's  going  on?"  she  shouted  in  a  panic.

    "An  earthquake!"  he  replied.  "We have  to  get  out  of  this place!"  He  grabbed  her  wrist  and  pulled  Alex  out  of  the  room.

    "But  my  parents!"  Alex  ran  to  her  parents'  room  next  to her's.  Before  she  could  go  in,  the  door  flung  open.  Jacob  and Alice  Bancroft  appeared.  Together,  the  four  ran  out  the  condo dodging  objects  that  were  falling  off  shelves.  As  they  ran  to the  great  room,  a  tall  wooden  shelf  was  falling  right  toward Alex.  Immediately,  Karnage  pulled  her  out  of  the  way.   They  made it  outside  unharmed.  It  was  then  that  the  earthquake  stopped. They  all  stood  in  silence  waiting  for  another  shack,  but  no  more occured. 

    "I  can't  believe  that  just  happen"  Alex  said  first.  "We  could of  been  killed."

    "Thank  goodness  we're  okay"  cried  Alice  embracing  her  daughter.

    "It  may  not  be  over"  Karnage  murmured.  "After  shocks  could occur."

    "Well,  that's  just  great.  Atleast  the  condo  doesn't  look damaged  on  the  outside.  Too  bad  the  earth  didn't  open  and swallow  you"  Jacob  remarked  to  Karnage walking  up  to  the  condo inspecting  it.

    "Jacob!"

    "I'm  only  telling  the  truth,  mother!"  they  heard  from  the other  side  of  the  condo.  

    "Now  what  do we  do?"

    "I  hope  our  neighbors  are  all  right."

    "I  will  go  see  if  there  is  any  one  who  needs  help  down there"  Karnage  said  walking  down  the  beach.

    "Wait!  I'll  come  with  you!"  Alex  ran  up  beside  him.

    Alex  and  Karnage  trekked  to  the  neighbors'  house  down  the way.  Not  many  words  were  spoken  between  them.  Alex  was  still  in shock  over  what  just  happen.  The  neighbors  were  all  right.  They just  had  some  damage  to  their  condo.   Seeing  that  everything  was fine,  the  two  walked  further  down  the  beach.  Almost  an  hour pasted  as  they  walked  down  the  beach  not  realizing  how  far  they had  gone. 

    Karnage  eyed  something  in  the  water.  He  stepped  up  to  it slowly  gesturing  Alex  to  stay  back.  It  was  something  quit  big that  was  being  washed  up  on  shore.  He  stood  over  it  realizing it  was  the  body  of  Cutler. 

    "What  is  it?"  Alex  asked from  a  distance.

    "It's  a  body.  It  looks  like  the  body  of  Cutler."

    "Cutler?  Is  he  still  alive?"

    Karnage  pulled  the  body  up  on  shore.  He  turned  it  over  to see  that  he  was  right.  Cutler  wasn't  breathing  either.

    "He's  dead."

    Alex  walked  up  to  the  body  slowly.  She  stared  at  it  for  a minute  not  knowing  to  be  overjoyed  or  sorrowful. 

    "He's  really  dead?" she  asked  in  a  faint  tone.

    "Yes"  Karnage  replied  standing  up  beside  her.

    "O  my  goodness"  At  that  moment,  she  broke  out  in  a  heap tears,  and  turned  to  her  companion  for  comfort.  Karnage  willing excepted  her  in  his  arms,  but  was  slightly  confused.

    "I  though  you  would  be  happy  Cutler  was  dead?"

    "It's  not  that.  We  could  of  been  killed.  And,  that  scares me.  Especially  now  to  see  that  Cutler  is  dead.  I  could  of  lost my  parents,  I  could  of  lost  my  life,  I  could  of  lost you…again."

    "Alex,  you're  never  going  to  lose  me  again.  I'll  make  sure of  that"  He  pulled her  back  wiping  her  tears  off  her  face. 

    "I  wish  I  had  a  guarantee  for  that." 

    "I  know  this  will  not  guarantee  me  ever  being  taken  away from  your  life  or  vise  versa,  but  this  will  guarantee  that  we will  be  together  for  the  rest  of  our  lives;  through  anything."

    "Are  you  meaning  what  I  think  your  meaning?"

    Karnage  nodded.  Alex  embraced  him  tightly.

    "Thank  you,  my  beloved.  I  love  you."

    "I  love  you."

 

    In  respect  for  the  dead,  they  buried  Cutler  inland  where  the ground  was  more  solid.  They  watched  as  debris  wash  up  on  shore that  looked  like  pieces  of  a  boat.  They  returned  to  the  condo almost  around  dark.  Jacob  and  Alice  had  cleaned  up  most  of  the damage  inside  the  condo.   Karnage  and  Alex  didn't  even  hesitate to  go  inside  to  see  anything.  Alex  grabbed  the  keys  to  the jeep,  and  they  took  off  to  go  into  town.  They  drove  for  a while.  Town  was  about  thirty  minutes  from  the  condo.  The  town wasn't  damaged  they  noticed  when  they  made  it  there.  Alex  steered the  jeep  to  a  small  community  with  plain  looking  house  on  the streets.  She  pulled  into  the  driveway   of  one  of  them.  They  got out  the  jeep,  and  stepped  up  to  the  front  door.  A  light  was  on indicating  that  the  resident  of  the  house  was  still  awake.  Alex known  that  for  a  fact  from  her  experience  with  the  resident.

    "Are  you  sure  you  want  to  do  this?"  she  asked.

    "I'm  positive.  I  don't  want  anything  else  in  this  world."

    "I'm  so  glad  you  do."

    She  knocked  on  the  door.  Not  after  a  minutes  wait,  an  old, scruffy  badger  came  to  the  door. 

    "Yes"  he  said  adjusting  his  glasses.

    "Mr.  Duncan.  Do  you  remember  me?  Alexandra  Bancroft.  Freddy's granddaughter."

    "Alex.  Is  that  really  you?  Well,  kiss  my  grits.  I  haven't seen  you  since  you  had  turned  a  rip  age  of  twenty.  How  old  are ya  now?"

    "I'm  now  the  old  age  of  thirty-two."

    "Who  is  this  strapping  young  man  with  you?"

    "This  is  a  friend  of  mine.  Can  we  come  in  and  talk?"

    "Sure.  You're  always  welcome  in  my  home."

    "Does  Mrs.  Duncan  still  make  those  milk  biscuits  like  she  use to?"

    "Everyday  she  does.  Just  pulled  some  out  the  oven"  he  replied closing  the  door.

 

    Early  the next  morning,  Karnage  woke  up  with  heaven  in  his arms.  He  stared  at  his  wife  with  gleaming  eyes  knowing  nothing could  tear  them  apart  now.  But,  something  was  bothering  him  in the  back  of  his  mind.  He  peered  around  the  room  to  see  the picture  of  Alex's  birth  father.  That's  when  he  realized  that's what  was  on  his  mind.  He  knew  what  he  had  to  do  to  overcome the  situation.  He  slid  out  of  the  grasp  of  Alex, and  dressed  in his  blue  suit  he  hadn't  wore  in  a  long  time.  He  gently  kissed his  wife  on  the  cheek,  and  left.

    Alex  woke  slowly  assuming  Karnage  would  be  at  her  side.  She cracked  her  eyes  open  to  see  him  gone.  She  panicked  for  a moment  thinking  that  everything  that  had  happened  to  her  in  the last  couple  of  month  was  a  dream.  But,  when  she  saw  his  clothes sitting  on  the  bed  post,  her  nerves  eased.  Alex  crawled  out  of bed  noticing  a  note  laying  on  her  dresser.  She  picked  it  up  and started  to  read  it:

 

My  Dearest  Alex,

 

    I'm  sorry  I  had  to  leave  on  the  happiest  day  of  our  lives, but  I  had  to  go  take  care  of  some  business.  I  promise  I  will be  back  either  this  evening  or  tomorrow  morning.  I  know  you'll be  missing  me.  I  will  do  the  same.  But,  in  your  our  words- between  now  and  then  till  we  meet  again,  I'll be loving  you.

                                                                          

Love,  Me

p.s.- Don't  tell  your  parents till  I  get  back. 

 

    Alex  sat  on her  bed  disappointed  feeling  a  little  abandon. But,  she  knew  he'd  be  back.  It  was  always  her  nature  to  worry, though.  She  looked  at  her  dresser  again  to  see  the  frame  that held  her  birth  father's  picture  was  empty.

 

    Karnage  flow  to  a  small  secluded  island  a  few  hours  away from  Forsynthia.  The  island  had  been  abandon  for  along  time except  for  one  resident  named  Henry  Stiers  that  wanted  to  live alone  for  the  rest  of  his  days,  or,  maybe  it  was  that  he  was hiding  from  something.  Karnage  hadn't  seen  him  in  years,  but  knew he  still  had  to  be  there.  He  landed  his  plane,  and  tied  it  to the  dock.  A  small,  quit  cabin sat yards  from  the  pier.  A  tall, muscular  gray  wolf  with  a  brown  jumpsuit  came  out  right  away. 

    "Hey,  Don  Karnage,  is  that  you  kid?"  Henry  asked  walking  up to  him.

    "Yes,  it  is.  But,  I'm  not  much  a  kid  anymore,  Henry."  They shock  hands.

    "I  can  see  that.  Last  time  I  saw  you  you  were  just beginning  your  reign  as  captain. How  is  that  going?"

    "It  is  going  good.  I  am  now  the  famous  and  feared  pirate captain,  Don  Karnage."

    "That's  great.  Always  knew  you'd  make  something  of  yourself. Why  don't  you  come  in;  get  out  of  this  heat."

    Inside  the  cabin,  a  large  fan  was  going,  and  a  rainbow mascow  was   shawlking  on  it's  perch. 

    "So,  what  brings  you  here?"  Henry  asked  sitting  in  a  beach chair  near  the  fan. 

    "I  have  come  to  ask  you  a  question  I  hope  you  will  answer."

    "You  came  all  this  way  to  ask  a  question.  Heck,  if  I  had  a phone,  you  coulda  called  me."

    "This  is  a  subject  I'd  rather  deal  with  in  person."

    "Sounds  serious.  What  is  this  you  want  to  ask  me?"

    "Do  you  knew  this  woman?"  He  pulled  out  a  picture  of  Alex out  of  his  coat,  and  showed  it  to  Henry.

    "No"  he  said  right  away.  "Never  seen  her  in  my  life."

    "Do  you  knew  this  one?"  He  pulled  out  a old picture  of  Alice he  found  in  the  condo.  Henry  looked  at  it;  his  expression  was more  than  stunned. 

    "What  do  you  know? And,  how  the  heck  do  you  know  Alice?"

    "So,  you  know  this  woman.  What  is  she  to  you?"

    "She  use  to  be  my  wife."

    "And  now?"

    "She  doesn't  know  I'm  alive.  I  left  her.  But,  how  do  you know  her?"

    "See  this  woman  in  this  photo."  He  held  the  picture  of  Alex again.  "This  is  your  daughter."

    Henry  took  the  picture  staring  at  it  carefully.  "This  is  my daughter.  Are  you  sure?  Alice  wasn't  pregnant  when  I  left."

    "She  found  out  after  you  left."

    "I  wish  I  would  of  known.  I  wouldn't  of  left.  I  still  want to  know  your  connection  with  them."

    "Alexandra,  your  daughter,  is  my  wife.  She  had  this  photo  of you  in  her  room."

    "I  don't  want  to  believe  this.  I  have  a  child.  Musta  been great  not  having  a  father"  he  said  sarcasticly. 

    "She  has  a  step-father  that  took  her  and  her  mother  in."

    "So,  Alice  remarried.  She  musta  not  of  been  mourning  me  too much."

    "It  was  four  years  after  you  disappeared.  By  the  way,  why did  you  disappear?"

    "The  thrill  of  my  work  was  more  important  to  me  than  my wife.  I  was  only  in  my  early  twenty  and  had  too  much  ambition. I  left  making  Alice  think  I  was  dead , so, I  wouldn't  have  to come  back  or  go  through  a  devorce.  It  was  just  earier  to disappear."

    "I  have  found  since  I  met  Alex  that  every  man  I  admired turned  out  to  be  a  complete  fiend."

    "Now,  come  on,  Karnage.  You  a  feared  pirate  captain  thinks just  because  I  left  my  wife  over  thirty  years  ago,  I'm  a  bad guy?  This  supposed  daughter  of  mine  musta  really  got  to  you."

    "Remember  Captain  Cutler?"

    "Of  course,  I  do.  He  was  one  of  my  first  jobs."

    "He  tried  to  kill  me  and  Alex,  because  of  certain  history  we all  share.  It  is  a  long  story.  But,  Alex  has  gave  me  something no  one  else  could  give  me."          

    "I  want  to  meet  this  Alex."

    "You  can't."

    "Why  not?  If  she  is  my  daughter,  I  want  to  meet  her.  She's your  wife,  you  say.  How'd  you  meet  her?"

    "Another  long  story."

    "Why  can't  I  meet  her  then?"

    "You  can't,  because  she  does  not  want  to  meet  you"  Karnage lied  standing  from  the  chair  he  was  sitting  in.  "They  all  agreed to  not  have  any  contact  with  you."

    "Can't  you  at  least  tell  me  where  they  are  right  now?  I can't  go  anywhere  without  a  ride.  A  hurricane  came  through  last year,  and  knocked  my  plane  to  pieces.  So,  I  can't  go  anywhere anyway."

    "Right  now,  Alice  and  her  husband  are  on  the  island  of Forsynthia  staying  in  a  condo  on  the  beach.  I  have  to  leave now,  Henry.  Good  talking  to  you.  Now,  I  know  the  truth."

    "Is  that  all  ya  wanted?"

    "Yes."

    "Well,  thanks  for  visiting  me  then  grilling  me.  Get  outta here.  Get  back  to  your  piracy  and  my  daughter."

    "Good  bye,  Henry."

    Karnage  walked  out  the  cabin,  hopped  in  his  plane,  and  flow off  back  to  Forsynthia.  He  arrived  back  at  the  condo  that evening.  Alex  had  waited  for  him  most  of  the  day.  Wasting  time by  playing  cards  with  her  parent  and  walking  the  beach, but mostly  thinking  about  him.  She  was  sitting  on the front porch on the swing when Karnage landed.  She  ran  out  there  to  greeting  him.

    "Hello,  my  one  and  only  love"  he  said  jumping out his plane onto  the  dock.

    "Where have you been?"

    "Didn't you get my letter?"

    "Yes.  It  didn't  explain  anything.  What  was  this  business  you had  to  take  care  of?"

    "It  pirate  business.  You  wouldn't  been  interested."

    "Try  me."

    "Dang  it!  I  thought  he  was  gone  forever!"  they  heard  on  the beach.  Jacob  started  walking  down  the  dock  toward  them.  "Why couldn't  you  abandon  my  daughter  so  you  could  be  out  of  our lives."

    "Jacob,  I'm  never  leaving  your  daughter."

    "That's  what  I'm  afraid  of.  So,  where  has  your  pirate  butt been?"

    "That's  what  I  just  asked."

    "I'll  tell  you  later.  Right  now,  me  and  Alex  have  to  tell you  and  Alice  something."

    Karnage  lead  the  two  inside.  They  explained  they're  sudden wedding.  Jacob  didn't  take  it  so  well  breaking  a  couple  things plus  the  railing  of  the  porch,  and  had  an  urge  to  get  his  gun. But,  Alice  calmed  him  down  before  anything  violent  happen.


Return to Kit Cloudkicker Fanfics Page

Return to the Unofficial Kit Cloudkicker Homepage


Special Thanks to 50 Webs for providing space for this webpage. Click here to find out how you can get your free homepage and 60 Megabytes of webspace.