Return to 50 Webs.

Way Beyond the Blue

                      by Nina  Adams

Disclaimer: Baloo, Rebecca Cunningham, Don Karnage, Kit Cloudkicker, Molly Cunningham and WildCat are (c)1990/1991 Walt Disney Company and are being used without premission. The writer has made sure that all material represented here is not used for profit and is used with the upmost respect to Disney and the Tale Spin team. All other characters are the property of the writer.


Message  from  Author-  Hello  to  everyone  out  there  in  TaleSpin world.  I  want  to  tell  you , feel  free  to  e-mail  me  some  feedback about  my  fanfic.  That's  if  anyone  is  reading  my  fanfics.  O, well,  enjoy  your  reading!

 

    Del  Lancastor  unlocked  the  door  of  his  parents'  mansion without  a  sound.  It  was  almost  midnight  as  he  arrived  home  for the  first  time  in  over  a  month.  His  estranged  father,  Don Karnage,  was  hiding  out  at  Del's  small  apartment  a  few  blocks away.  Del  had  been  hesitated  about  coming  home.  He  dread encountering  his  adopted  father.  The  father  who  raised  him  from an  infant  and  made  him  to  what  he  was  today.  He  knew  all  he would  hear  is  shouting  for  along  time. 

    In  the  dark,  he  gently  walked  on  the  carpet  to  his  old  room down  the  hall  from  his  parents,  but  as  he  stepped  past  their room,  the  door  flung  open.  There  stood  a  giant  lion  in  a  long red  robe  who  took  up  the  whole  door  frame.  Del  froze  for  a moment  at  the  sight  of  his  father  not  saying  a  word.

    "Del"  Howard  Lancastor  said  recognizing  the  siloette  of  his son  in  the  shadow  of  the  light  he  blocked.

    "I'm  sorry  I  woke  you,  dad"  Del  replied  not  knowing  what  to say.

    The  two  men  stood  for  a  second  motionless  till  finally  Howard took  it  upon  himself  to  embrace his  son.

    "I  am  overjoyed  that  you  are  back  home  safe  where  you belong."

    Del  scrunched  his  face  in  confusion.  He  was  definitely  not expecting  that  from  his  father.

    "Dad,  I  thought  you  were  angry  with  me."

    "I  am.  But,  right  now,  I  am  thankful  to  see  you  alive.  We will  descuss  the  matter  of  what  you  did  tomorrow."

    *I  knew  there  was  a  catch*  Del thought.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

    The  next  morning  was a  different  story.  Del  had  gotten  up early  to  surprise  his  mother  when  she  came  down  for  breakfast. He  sat  at  their  kitchen  table  drinking  his  usual  childhood  drink,orange  juice.  Ursula  walked  down  the  stairs  to  see  him  there. Her  eyes  widened.  She  ran  over  to  him, and encircled  him  tightly.

    "Del,  my baby,  your  home.  I  missed  you"  she  cried.

    "Mom,  your  hurting  me."

    "Sorry,  my  baby."  She  sighed  patting  her  son's  cheek.  "Never disappear  on  us  again."

    "Don't  worry.  I'm  not  going  to  throw  myself  in  another situation  like  that."

    "But,  Del,  I  was  worried.  Do  you  knew  how  I  felt  when  I thought  I  would  of  lost  you?  What's  that?"  Ursula  asked  pointing to  Del's  arm.

    "That's  just  a  scar"  he  replied  covering  it  with  his  hand.

    "No  it's  not.  Did  you  get  hurt  while  you  were  gone?  Tell  me the  truth."

    "You  know  I  always  do.  And,  yes,  I  was  hurt  in a  bombing."

    "A  bombing!  You  didn't  tell  me  about  a  bombing!"

    "That's  because  I  didn't  want  you  to  freak  out  like  your doing  now."

    "What  happen?"

    "We  were  heading  to the  train  station  when  the  Bago-Nova airforce  attacked  the  city.  My  arm  was  hit  with  shrapnel,  but  my emotions  were  hit  harder.  I  wanted  to  save  this  woman's  husband who  had  been  hit  in  the  chest,  but  I  couldn't.  He  was  already died."

    "See,  Del,  I  didn't  want  you  to  ever  go  through  anything like  that.  You  don't  deserve  it."

    "Mom,  I've  seen  really  bad  cases  of  wounds  when  I  would  go to  observe  the  emergincy  room.  I  needed  to  go  through  that."

    "My  child,  you  don't  know  what  you  need."

    Just  then,  they  heard  the  powerful  footsteps of  Howard  coming down  the  stairs,  and  to  the  kitchen.

    "Del!  You  have  a  lot  of  explaining  to  do,  son."

    *O,  no.  Here  it  comes.  He's  going  to  throw  the  book  at  me now.  Literally.*  Del  cringed  at  the  thought. 

    "Son,  I  want  you  to  tell  me  why  did  you  do  what  you  did" Howard  said  advancing  toward  him.  Ursula  moved  out  of  the  way  of the  large  figure.

    "You  want  me  to  start  from  the  beginning?"

    "Why  did  you want  to  meet  that  that  scoundrel,  Don  Karnage?"

    "Because  I  was  curious.  I've  heard  many  things  about  him.  I wanted  to  see  if  they  were  true,  and  I  wanted  to  see  if  he was  really  real  so  I'll  know  where  I  came  from."

    "I  don't  know  how  many  times  I  wished  I  was  your  real father."

    "You  are  my  real  father.  You  were  there  from  the  time  I  was five  months  old.  That's  the  only  name  I  know  you  by.  Karnage is  strictly  my  birth  father.  All  he  did  was  donate  his  fluid and  nothing  more."

    "I  still  can't  believe  you  went.  Who  was  this  person who introduced  you  to  him?"

    "Her  name  is  Molly  Cunningham.  We  ran  into  each  other literally  outside  of  the  clinic.  I  accompanied  her  to  Bago-Shiloh where  we  found  Karnage.  I  decided  to  stay  but  after  two  weeks the  war  broke  out.  I  knew  I  shouldn't  of  stayed  so  long,  but no  telling  what  would  of  happen  to Molly  and  Karnage  wouldn't  of left  because  I  wouldn't  of  been  there."

    "You  got  that  man  to  leave the  war  zone?"

    "Yes,  why?"

    "How  could  you  do  that?"

    "I  wanted  to."

    Howard  shock his  head. 

    "How  is  this  Molly  Cunningham  connected  to  that  pirate?"

    "She  has  a  long  up  and  down  history  with  him.  It  involves  a lot of  detail."

    "Detail  away  then."

    "He  has  plagued  her  and  her  family  ever  since  she  was  five with  different  things  like  he  made  her  think  her  mother  was  died for  seven  years."

    "Why  the  heck  was  she  looking  for  him?"

    "In  the recent  months  she  had  become  his  councilor.  She  went to  help  him  and  I  went  along  for  the  ride."

    "Where is Karnage  now?"

    Del  cringed  at  the  question.  He  hated  lying  to  anyone especially  his  parents,  but  he  couldn't  reveal  that  secret.

    "He's  somewhere  far  away.  I  don't  know  the  exact  location."

    "If  that  man  tries  contacting  you  again,  I  want  you  to  call the  police  and  get  him  put  back  in  jail."

    "What  if  I  don't  want  to  do that?"

    "Then  your  not  my  son"  Howard  said  walking  out.

    Del's  heart  sank  when  he  heard  those  words.  His  mother  came to  comfort  him.

    "He  doesn't  mean that,  Del.  You  know  your  father  has  a  hot temper."

    "But,  what  if  he  did?"

    "Look  at  me."  She  raised  his  chin  up.  "Your  father  loves  you more  then anything  in  the  world.  He  could  never  mean  that."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

    It  had  been  a  few  hours  since  the  argument  that  Ursula  went to  talk  with  her  stubborn  husband.  He  was  alone  in  his  office at  the  clinic  looking  over  the  files  on his  desk.

    "Come  in"  he  said  when  he  heard  a  polite  knock  at  his  door.

    Ursula  walked  in  slowly  seeing  him  busy.

    "Howard.  How  are  you?"

    "What  do  you  think,  Ursula?"

    "You  were  pretty  angry  when you  left  the  house.  I  wanted  to check  on  you."

    "I'm  fine.  Now,  please,  leave  me  alone."

    "I  know  your  angry  with  Del  for  wanting  to  meet  his  birth father.  And,  I  think  I've  figured  it  out  why.  Your  jealous.  You don't  want  to  share  your  son  with  anyone  else,  because  you've never  had  to.  But,  Del  is  a  grown  man.  He  can  do  what  he wants.  If  he  wants  to  see  Don  Karnage,  he  can."

    "That  pirate  belongs  in  jail."

    "I  know,  but  it's  hard  to  put  him  in  jail  when  you  don't know  where  he  is."

    Howard  took  off  his  reading  glasses.

    "You  right."

    "I  am.  For  what?"

    "I  am  jealous.  I  don't  want  to  loose  Del.  He's  my  son  for crying  out  loud!  It  tears  me  up  inside  to  think  of  him  gone forever."

    "You  better  mend  your  relationship  with  him  now.  I  talk  to him  for  a  long  time this  morning.  He  told  me  he's  in  love  with that  Molly  Cunningham,  and  that  he's  going  to  live  in  Cape Suzette  for  a  while  to  be  with  her."

    "Cape  Suzette  is  over  ten  hours  from  here."

    "Then,  you  better  go  mend  it  quick.  He  wants  to  leave  soon."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

    Back  in  Cape  Suzette,  Molly  had  been  home  for  a  few  days and  getting  around  like nothing   happened.  Rebecca  told  her  the news  of  her  engagement  to  Thomas  O'Mally.  Molly  was  thrill  at the  idea  of  her  mom  finally  getting  remarried.  Everything had  went back  to  normal  like  it  was  before.  The  week  was  ending  went  a taxi  pulled  up  at  Higher  for  Hire. 

    The  taxi  driver  opened  the  door,  and  a  white  cat  in  a  silk red  blouse  and  skirt,  wearing  high  heels,  and  smoking  a  cigarette stepped  out  the  cab.  She  was  only  carrying  a  small  black  tote bag,  and  looked  pretty  nervous.  She  walked  in  the  front  door  of the  building.  Rebecca  was  at  the  desk  that  day.  Guinna  and  Kit were  at  their  property  trying  to  start  building  their  own  house. She  looked  up  to  see  the  white  cat  in  the  doorway.

    "May  I  help  you?"  Rebecca  asked.

    "Yes"  she  asked  advancing  to  the  desk.  "Is…" 

    "Ms.  Tybalt"  Molly  said  coming  in  behind  her.  Arianna  turned.

    "Molly,  it  is  good  to  see  you  are  all  right."

    "Good  to  see  you  away  from  that  country.  How'd  you  get  out?"

    "After  the  Bago  army  destroyed  my  mansion,  I  was  able  to escape  the  country  as  a  refugee.  I  did  not  know  where  to  go, but  I  knew  I  would  be  welcome  here."

    "Ms.  Tybalt,  my  name  is  Rebecca  Cunningham"  Rebecca  said putting  her  hand  out.  Arianna  changed  hands  holding  her  cigarette.

 

    "I  am  Arianna  Tybalt."

    "Molly  told  me  you  helped  her  get  out  of  the  war  zone."

    "She  warned  us  that  the  city  was  going  to  be  bombed."

    "Thank  you  for  helping  my  daughter."

    "I  thank  her  as  well.  She  gave  me  a  very  special  gift  to know  what  happened  to  Baloo."

    "Ms.  Tybalt,  Baloo  is  right  outside  working  in  the  Sea  Duck."

    "He  is.  Can  you  take  me  to  him?"

    "Of  course,  come  on."

    Molly  lead  Arianna  out  to  the  back where  the  Sea  Duck  was parked.  They  stopped  on  the  deck.

    "There  he  is.  Right  there" Molly  pointed.

    Arianna  just  stared  smoking  harder.

    "I  don't  know  if  I  can  do  this."

    "Course  you  can.  Just  go  down  there  and  introduce  yourself again. Trust  me,  he'll  be  thrilled  to  see  you.  He  was  ecstatic when  I  told  him  how  you  were  doing."

    "He  was?"

    "Yes.  Now,  go."

    Molly  pushed  Arianna  a  little  down  the  deck.  She  walked  down the  deck  her  heels  clanking  on  the  wood.  Baloo  was  too  busy  to look  up  from  his  work. 

    "If  ya  lookin'  to  schedule  a  shipment,  the  bosslady  is inside"  he  said  still  not  looking  up.

    "I  am  not  looking  for  your  boss,  I  was  looking  for  you, Baloo."    

    Baloo  froze.  A  shiver  went  down  his  spinal.  It  couldn't  be. He  hadn't  heard  that  deep  foreign  voice  in  so  long.  Arianna dropped  her  cigarette  on  the  deck,  and  put  it  out  with  her heel.  She  knew  it  wouldn't  be  a  pretty  sight  of  her  jittery puffing  on  one.  Baloo  stood  up  slowly,  and  turned  to  see  it  was her.  The  only  girl  he  had  ever  loved.

    "Arianna.  Is  it  really  you?"

    "Who  else  would  it  be?"

    "O,  baby,  I  thought  I'd  never  see  you  again" he  said  grasping her  firmly. 

    "Me  too." 

    For  a  long  time  they  just  held  each  other.  Tears  started  to fall  from  their  eyes  as  the  old  feeling  of  their  touch  came back.  For  the first  time  in  a  long  time  in  Arianna's  life,  she felt love  again.  Baloo  forgot  about  the  memory  of  how  it  felt  to hold  the  woman  he  loved. 

    "How  I've  missed  you."

    "I've  missed  you  too,  Anya." 

    Molly  watched  starry-eyed  on  the  top  of  the  dock.  The  scene reminded  her  of  Del.  It  had  only  been  a  few  days  since  she last  saw  him.  But,  she  missed  him  anyway.  She  wondered  what he was  doing  at  that  very  moment.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

    Del  had  stayed  away  from  his  parent's  mansion  for  the  whole day  after  his  dispute  with  his  father.  He  visited  the  clinic after  hours  when  he  knew  his  father  wouldn't  be  there,  but  he was  still  hard  at  work.  Del  walked  into  his  office  unknowing  of Howard's  presence. 

    "Dad."

    "Del"  Howard  looked  up  from  his  paper  work.

    "I  thought  you  would  be  gone  by  now."

    "What  are  you  doing  here,  son?  I  thought  you  wanted  to  leave as  soon  as  you  could  for  Cape  Suzette."

    "I…I'm  still  a  little  worried."

    "About  what?"

    "About  you.  What  you  said to  me  about  me  not  being  your  son anymore.  It  hurt  me.  I  mean  you  will  always  be  my  real  father. You're  the  one  who raised  me.  You  were  there  for  me  when  I needed  you.  You  are  my  father.  You  gave  me  your  last  name,  and I'm  proud  to  be  a  Lancastor.   I  don't  know  you  by  any  other name.  All  I  know  is  that  you're  my  dad."

    A  sudden  guilt  fell  upon  Howard  as  his  son's  words  were thrown  at  him.  He  couldn't  help  it.  He  didn't  mean  what  he said.  He  had  to  make  things  right  or  lose  the  only  child  he had. 

    "I'm  sorry,  Del.  I  really  didn't  mean  that.  You  are  my  son and  I'm  proud  to  be  your  father."

    "Thanks,  dad."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

    Now  lets  turn  our  attention  to  Kit  Cloudkicker  and  his  small family.   It  was  way  past  midnight  when  Kit  woke  to  a  scream coming  from  next  to  him.  He  turned  to  see  his  wife  tossing  and turning  from  a  dream  she  was  having. 

    "Guinna"  he  said  shacking  her.  "Wake  up,  babe."

    Finally  she  jumped,  and  looked  over  at  he. 

    "Your  okay."

    Kit  stared  at  her  confused.

    "Yes.  Why?"

    "O  my  gosh,  Kit,  I  had  the  worst  dream"  she  said  clinging to  him.  He  return  the  embrace.

    "What  happen  in  your  dream?"

    "It  was  more  like  a  nightmare.  I  dreamed  that  your  plane crashed  on  a  mountain  covered  in  snow.  And  you  were  laying  there in  your  plane  helpless  and   bleeding  to  death  and  I  couldn't help  you."

    "It  was  only  a  dream."

    "No,  it  can't  be.  It  was  too  real.  Tomorrow  you  have  a shipment  going  to  Himalaya.  You  know  that  place  has  mountains  and it  snows  almost  all  years  around."

    "Guinna  it was  only  a  dream."

    "I  don't  believe  that  and  I  don't  want  you  to  go  tomorrow."

    "We'll  see."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

    Yesterday  had  come  and  Kit  made  up  his  mind  to  go  on  with his  shipment.  But  with  protest  from  his  wife.

    "Babe,  I'm  going  to  be  okay.  I'll  be  back  tomorrow  night"  he said  out  of  the  window  of  his  plane. 

    "You  be  careful."

    "I  will.  I  love  you."

    "I  love  you  back."  She  held  up  Miranda.  "Wave  bye-bye  to daddy."  The  little  toddler  waved  her  hand  and  Kit  waved  back  as he  taxied  out.  "Please,  come  back  to  me,  Kit."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

    The  weather  report  in  Himalaya  was  blocked  out  after  the blizzard  knocked  out  everything  there.  To  Kit,  the  weather  looked normal.  A  little  snow  fall  never  downed  a  plane  before.  He  flow toward  the  pick  up  point  in  the  capital  city,  but  the  snow  was getting  thick.  He  knew  the  city  was  only  a  few  miles  away,  and continued  on.  The  snow  fell  even thicker  as  Kit  couldn't  hardly see.  Mountains  were  scattered  from  place  to  place.  One  near  the city.  Kit  glided  along  judging  his  whereabouts  with  his navigational  skills  and  the  equipment  in  his  plane. 

    All  the  sudden,  as  he  looked  up  from  glancing  at  his  map, the  snow  thinned  and  he  was  headed  straight  for  a  mountain.  Kit veered  his  plane  to  the  right  going  into  a  spiral.  He  pulled  up on  the  stick  straightening  out,  but  was  still  heading  down  to the  snow  that  covered  the  ground.  The  plane  impacted  hard  sliding twenty  feet  to  a  holt. 

    Minutes  later,  Kit  woke.  He  glared  around  his  plane.  The windshield  was  cracked  and  the  side  window  was  broken.  Blood  was trickling  down  his  forehead  and  mouth,  and  pieces  of  glass  were emerged  in  his  skin.  Kit  tried  to  pick  up  the  radio,  but  fell unconscience.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

    Back  in  Cape  Suzette,  Guinna  shot  up  from  sleeping.  It  was way  past  midnight.  She  felt  something  was  wrong.  She  knew something  had  happened.  She  raced  down  to  the  office  where  the radio  was,  and  started  calling  Kit's  plane,  but  nothing  was there.  Then  she  called  the  business  where  the  shipment  was.  He hadn't  picked  up the  cargo.  Rebecca  walked  in  after  she  heard noise  coming  from  the  office.

    "Guinna,  what  are  you doing  up  so  late?"  she  looking  at  the clock.  "Or  should  I  say,  so  early?"

    "I've  been  trying  to  get  in  touch  with  Kit.  Rebecca,  I've had  the  worst  feeling  since  before  he  left.  I  know  he's  in danger. I've  been  trying  to  get  in  touch  with  him  for  almost thirty  minutes,  but  I  haven't  had  any  luck."

    "That  doesn't  mean  that  something  bad  has  happen  to  him."

    "But,  he  hasn't  picked  up  his  shipment  yet."

    "That's  doesn't  mean  anything."

    "Yes,  it  does!  I  feel  that  he's  endanger."

    "He's  okay,  honey.  Don't  worry.  He's  okay."

    "I  hope  you're  right.  

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

    The  sun  was  shining  over  the  sea  shore.  The  cool  wind  blow as  Kit  sat  up  on  the  sand  not  recognizing  his  surroundings.  He peered  around  only  seeing  beach  right  and  left  from  him.  The ocean  was  in  front  of  him,  and  in  back  of  him  was  green foliage  everywhere. 

    "Your  awake"  a soothing voice  said  behind  him.  He  turned  to see  a  gorgeous,  almost  heavenly  looking  polar  bear  standing  there wearing  a  cream  white long satin  dress.

    "Who  are  you  and  where  am  I?"

    "I'm  Celeste.  And,  this  is  Utopia,  way  beyond  the  blue."

    "Utopia?  What's  that?"

    "Heaven."

    "Am  I  suppose  to  be  here?"

    "Of  course,  you  are.  Where  else  would  you  be?"  she  asked offering  her  hand.  Kit  took  it  as  she  helped  him  up.

    "Well,  I  don't  know.  Where  did  I  come  from?"

    "That's  doesn't  matter.  Your  here  with  me.  This  is  where  you belong.  With  me."

    Celeste  put  her  arms  around  Kit's  neck  seductively  kissing him.  For  a  moment,  he  resisted,  but  soon  fell  into  to  her  arms as  well.

    "Your  right.  Nothing  else  matters.  I  am  suppose  to  be  here with  you."

    "That's  more  like  it"  Celeste  said  evilly  grinning.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

    Baloo  had  left  that  day  before  heading  for  Barlow  with Arianna  to  deliver  special-handle  packages.  He  didn't  plan  on  it, but  stopped  in  Winger  City  to  pick  up  a  special  package  for Molly.  He  landed  in  cove  of  Cape  Suzette,  and  parked  the  Sea Duck  at  Hire  for  Higher  dock.  Molly  walked  outside  to  greet  them.

    "Hi,  Baloo.  Hi,  Mrs.  Tybalt"  she  said  to  them  as  they emerged  from  the  Duck.

    "Hello  Molly"  Arianna  greeted.

    "Hey  Molly.  I  brought  you  back  a  gift."

    "What  did  you  bring  me?  Where  is  it?"

    "Here  it  comes  now."

    Molly  glared  at him  confused,  but  soon  she  realized  what  it was,  and  her  heart  started  pounding  when  she  saw  Del  step  out of  the  Duck.  

    "Del!"  she  shouted  running  to  him.  She  throw  her  arms  around him.  "I've  missed  you."

    "You  don't  know  how  much  I  missed  you.  I've  been  through  so much  in  the  past  two  weeks."

    "What  happen  with  your  parents?"

    "We're  good  for  right  now.  My  dad  was  very  angry  at  me.  He wouldn't  speak  to  me  right  after  he  told  me  I  wasn't  his  son anymore."

    "That's  horrible."

    "It  was,  but  my  mom  talked  a  little  sense  into  him.  Now,  we made  a  compromise.  He  still  doesn't  know  that  I  know  where Karnage  is."

    "Where  is  Karnage  anyway?"

    "He  went  to  this  run  down  island  called  Tropicana."

    "That's  where  Kit  was  born."

    "Small  world."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

    Kit  and  Celeste  were  laying  out  on  the  beach  together,  but he  wasn't  too  happy  with  how  he  felt  with  her. 

     "Aren't  you  having  a  good  time  here,  Kit?"  Celeste  asked touching  Kit's  face.  He  had  seemed  distraught  to  her.  She  knew he  was  trying  to  remember  where  he  came  from.  It  was  churning inside  of  him,  and  she  had  to  stop  it.  "Kit."

    He  turned  his  head  to  look  at  her.

    "What?  I'm  sorry.  I  wasn't  listening.  Did  you  say  something?"

    "What  is  wrong?  You've  been  mopping  all  day.  Your  ruining  our time  on the  beach."

    "I  just  have  something  on  my  mind."

    "Well,  let  me  get  your  mind  on  something  important.  Like  me" she  said  kissing  him.

    This  time  he  resisted  pulling  her  away. 

    "I  don't  want  to  do  that  right  now,  Celeste."

    "Yes,  you  do!"

    "No,  I  don't.  I  just  want  to  think."

    "About  what?"

    "About…I  don't  know.  There  is  something  I  know  I  have  to remember,  but  it  just  won't  come  out.  It's  something  important too."

    "More  important  than  me."  She  ran  her  hand  across  his shoulder.

    "Yes,  it  is"  he  yelled  pushing  her  hand  off.  "It  just…it just  doesn't  feel  right.  You  and  me.  It  feels  like  I'm  cheating someone.  I  can't  remember  who  the  person  is,  but  I  knew  I  love this  person.  Who  ever  it  is."

    "No!  You  don't  love  anyone  else  but  me!"  Celeste  yelled standing  in  fury.

    "You  only  said  that.  I  don't  love  you,  Celeste.  I  love…"

    "No,  don't  say  it."

    "I  love  Guinna.  My  wife.  How  could  I  forget  her?"

    "How  can  you  say  that?!  How  can  you…"

    "Good-bye  Celeste."

    "Kit!  Come  back!"

    Kit  walked  away  down  the  beach  till  he  disappeared  leaving Celeste  alone  again.  He  didn't  know  where  he  was  being transported  to.  But  the  atmosphere  was  calm  with  water  trickling in  the  background.  He  stood  only  seeing  a  blur  till  a  bright light  hit  his  eyes.  He  covered  his  eyes  with  his  hand,  and uncovered  them  when  the  light  dimmed.

    "You  made  it"  a  voice  said.  It  was  so  soft  and  familiar.  He know  that  voice.  Kit  glanced  up  to  see  an  angel.  His  mother. 

    "Mom."

    "You  did  it.  You  passed  the  test  of  Celeste."

    "What  do  you  mean?"

    "She  had  you  manipulated.  You  escaped  from  her  claws.  I'm proud  of  you.  But,  you have  to  wake  up  now."

    "I  don't  want  you  to  leave."

    "I'll  be  back  again."

    "Please,  mom,  don't  leave  me  here.  Please!"

    He  watched  as  she  faded  away  back  into  the  blur.  A  second later,  Kit  woke  up  back  in  his  plane.  Blood  had  dried  on  him, and  he  could  hardly  moved.  He  groaned  in  pain  as  he  tried  to move  his  leg,  but  failed  laying  his  head  back  in  frustration. His  breathing  was  harder. 

    "This  is  impossible."

    His  eyes  became  more  focus  as  he  scanned  his  control  board finding  the  picture  of  Guinna  and  the  twins  still  taped  to  it. His  heart  sank  thinking  of  his  children  growing  up  without  a father.

    *I  can't  let  that  happen.  Not  to  my  kids*  he  thought.  He was  determined  to  move.  Finally,  he  freed  his  leg,  and  knew  he had  to  get  home.  No  matter  how  far  way  beyond  the  blue  was.

          

To  be  continued…


Return to Kit Cloudkicker Fanfics Page

Return to the Unofficial Kit Cloudkicker Homepage


Special Thanks to 50 Webs for providing space for this webpage. Click here to find out how you can get your free homepage and 60 Megabytes of webspace.