Return to 50 Webs.

Unforeseen Impact

Chapter Two

 
In tribute to the love of Rebecca, Molly Cunningham and Kit Cloudkicker not to
mention the men, women and children who made Tale Spin the greatest animated series
in the Western Hemisphere..........

    "Justice is not the only right in this world. Someday you will see!"- FF IV USA

***

Part I

7:45 AM and the warm Cape Suzette breeze beckons down as Rebecca and Molly Cunningham returned to the office. On the way; they saw WildCat continuing to fix another engine. Molly seemed very excited; although she wasn't wearing her 'Danger Women' entire this time. Her excitement was pretty typical when you consider the amount of energy she has as a 7-year old girl. Rebecca on the other hand seemed pretty drained. She didn't get a lot of sleep; and was thinking mostly about her husband and of course Molly's father. Although Kit managed to give Miss Cunningham some closure in her husband's death; she felt sad that Kit had to see it in all of its gory glory; so to speak. Her mind was made up; the cycle never really ended for Kit.....

"Hello; Miss Cunningham....and to you too MollyKat!"; WildCat said in his usual seedy voice. ~Why can't WildCat show different emotion more often. But this isn't the time nor the place.~ she thought.

"Hi WildCat;" Molly squeaked back. Rebecca gave WildCat a quick glance and it told the story; she didn't sleep very well.

"WildCat? Could ya watch over Molly for a few hours please?" asked Rebecca softly.

"Certainly; anything for you Miss Cunningham..." WildCat responded seedly.

"Thanks WildCat." Rebecca shouted back as she entered the office.

"No probbblem!" Wildcat said back seedly;" Say; Mollykat.. would you like to see me work on the oxygen sensor on the Seaduck; it needs a good cleaning.."

"Love to Willy;" Molly said cheerfully. Molly grew such an affection for the wiley fixer that she sometimes called her Willy. Molly and WildCat entered the SeaDuck while Rebecca entered the office to find Baloo having toast and eggs that he bought from the cafe which was a short walking distance from the office. Baloo stared at Becky for a few moments and saw that she didn't sleep well...

"Hello Miz Manager.... Didn't get any sleep last night?"; Baloo asked with a chuckle.

Rebecca surprised him;" No; I didn't... Stephen has given me nightmares and seeing poor Kit..."

Baloo tone changed with concern; he never saw Rebecca this way. Kit's experience had affected her almost to death;" Becky; You have to put this behind you and move on. Nothing can bring him back; and Kit really needs you now. I've never seen Little Britches cry so hard in my life."

"I know Baloo.... and there is only one thing I can do to stop this madness." Rebecca said looking into Baloo's eyes.

"What would that be Rebecca?" Baloo asked; thinking that he knew the answer.

"I just hope that Kit doesn't take this too hard. I've been thinking that maybe I should formally adopt him as a foster child and try to.... well; give him the childhood that he deserves so badly..." That seemed to twitch a nerve with Baloo.....

"Becky! You know that Kit will never accept that!" Baloo said with anger;" He's *his* own man!"

"Kit's going to have to accept it. This whole thing with his life is tearing him apart and someone has to give him the love that he deserves and you have to back me up on this one. His body cannot take much more of this abuse from Don Karnage or goodness knows who else."

"But Becky?"; Baloo protested.

"Look at him! Look what he's been through and unless someone finally has the guts to go up and say to that young man 'I LOVE YOU!' and provide Kit with a real love and caring home; then he'll just go through the cycle of destruction that created that fear of trust to adults again. And that time; he might not survive and I'd..... never....." Rebecca voiced just broke and she was teary-eyed. Baloo suddenly realized it that Rebecca was still thinking about last night and how Kit was beat up by the pirates (both physcially (Stephen) and mentally (Kanreaux)).

"You... do love him like a son?" Baloo asked sadly.

"YES!!"; Rebecca said angerly;" WHY CAN'T YOU GET THAT THROUGH YOUR SIMPLE MIND! I....CARE... ABOUT...... HIM! IS THAT A CRIME?!"

"No; it isn't Beckers."; Baloo said with an even sadder tone.;" But you cannot force Kit into being your son. Or you might just put him back into that cycle; making him a stronger person than before." Baloo then put his arm next to Rebecca;" I do back you up on adopting Kit." Baloo knew that Rebecca wasn't trying to take Kit away; in fact she was trying to strengthen the triangle-bond that the navigator enjoyed for the first time in his life. Rebecca figured he earned the right for him to be adopted by her. Kit was Rebecca's most favorite employee; and most responsable to boot.....

"Thank you Baloo; I'll ask Kit if he wants to go back to Wesdon so I can make the adoption official. Kit would be happier this way. This is his chance to finally take that 180 degree turn from the terror that he suffered from the streets and the Air Pirates...."; Rebecca started to change gears again; thinking that she forgot about the cargo shipment;" Speaking of Kit; is he awake? Baloo.... don't tell me that he's run off again?!"

"Don't worry Beckers... He's upstairs; although he's asleep. The sun's shining on him; but it doesn't seem to stir him.. The whole thing must've tuckered him out sooner than I thought."

"It's not like him to sleep *like* that;" she wispered to herself before saying something sharp to Baloo;" Don't worry Baloo; I'll wake him up."

"Aw; please don't yell at him..... The whole thing last night..."; Baloo tried to say to her as Miss Cunningham started walking towards the stairs but his boss wasn't going to take orders from him.

"Hush buster! I know what I'm doing;" Rebecca said with a mean tone. It was the first firm comment since that night that she had said. She walked up towards the stairs; opened the door that led into Kit's bedroom and shut it quietly behind her. Baloo walks up the stairs and listens to what will happen inside the room. There was a slightly evil smile on Rebecca's kisser. She knew better than to yell at a 13-year old kid; beside she could make her point by something that she knew from quite a while ago. When Kit and Ernie formed the two Jungle Aces organization (Jungle Ace North led by Scott T. Cat and Jungle Ace South led by Kit Cloudkicker himself); she remembered that Kit made a promise to Ernie during the crisis at the Island of TerraStone that they could tickle Kit for 15 minutes. ~Anyone who can take tickling for 15 minutes done by 10 of your best friends is considered stubborn as a mule~ she thought about her statement last night. She also knew that Kit cannot stand tickling of *any* kind; as he will do anything (like pull the cap down over Molly's eyes for example.) or say anything just to make it stop. She hopes that that would make Kit listen.

Kit Cloudkicker was sleeping in his bed with the light shining on him; making him look even more beautiful and handsome; masking his dark past even more. He was still under the covers; however, he didn't take his sweater nor his baseball cap to put on his nightgown. ~He was tuckered out last night.~ Rebecca thought sweetly as she pulled off the covers gently so that she didn't disturb Kit and sat down right next to his strong legs. She knew she had to be careful . They don't call him Kit Cloudkicker for nothing; you know....

****

Kit was sitting down with Molly in his lap playing a different version of "Tail-Gunner" and feeling very good about themselves. They were in sort of playroom with huge toys surrounding them.....

Molly was making gunfire noises;" Take that you pirates! Danger Women's gonna save the day." As she said that; she turned the brim of Kit's baseball cap forward and pulled it down over his eyes.

"That's very good Molly; you're really going to;" Kit suddenly started to laugh a bit as his right foot was twitching a bit;"... Molly; my foot is starting to itch."

"Really? I didn't notice that Kit." Molly giggled as Kit replaced the baseball cap to its formal position..

"He's going to be diffcult;" a familiar voice said from nowhere. It sounded very sweet...

"Why does that voice sound familiar;" Kit answered with a raised eyebrow in confusion.

"Aw; forget it Kit;" Molly squeaked;"My Danger Woman Sidekick Lucy'll take that itch away. Won't ya Lucy?"

Kit couldn't believe his eyes; as Molly's doll Lucy appeared; seemly walking on her own. She was just as tall as Miss Cunningham; but didn't seem too emotional (It reminded Kit of Gregory Masamune). She came over and knelt beside Kit.

"Lucy? My real Danger Woman sidekick has an itch on his foot. Could you remove it please?" Molly giggled as Lucy reached her paw forward and started to rub it underneath Kit's feet.

"MOLLY?......THIS IS NOT NECESSARY!" Kit screamed as he started to laugh uncontrollably;" MOLLY! MY LEGS ARE BEGINNING TO CRAMP UP!" Although people are ticklish; Kit was a very extreme case and is considered Kit's ultimate weakness.

"Wakey; Wakey...my little sleepyhead!" giggled that same sweet voice... It sounded like....

****

"REBECCA!"

Kit then woke up to see Rebecca rubbing her fingers underneath Kit's right foot; and he was in a state of uncontrollable laughter.

"Wakey; Wakey... my little sleepyhead!" Rebecca said with a giggle; smiling as she continued to tickle Kit without mercy. Kit's arms started to fold together and he fell back down; giggling uncontrollably.

"NO! PLEASE! REBECCA!" Kit screamed as he rolled over to one side; tears streaming down his cheeks continuing to laugh uncontrollably;" STOP! NO!...PLEASE! MY RIBS ARE STARTING TO BRUST" However; Rebecca continued to tickle the cub without mercy.

Baloo was outside the door hearing poor Kit laugh yet again; a nightmare that doesn't seem to go away;" BOSS LADY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! KIT!" Baloo tried to open the door; but Rebecca was smart enough to lock the door from the inside. Kit's laughing and screaming just continued as Rebecca rubbed the bottom of his foot even harder. Like it mattered.....

"I PROMISE I'LL NEVER OVERSLEEP AGAIN! I PROMISE! I PROMISE! PLEASE STOP! I GIVE UP!" Kit screamed out as he fell onto his midsection and tried to kick Rebecca's hand away; but it was no good. Kit's legs seemed paralized and besides; Kit knew better than to harm a woman. Rebecca finally stopped tickling him (although Kit was laughing a bit (for Kit that sensation on his feet just keeps continuing for some time after being tickled into submission) and he was also breathing very hard.) stood up and went over and kissed Kit on the back of his ear and was giggling loudly.

"You've got 10 minutes to get ready for the shipment;" Rebecca said with her arms folded; however she was actually smiling." Or I might make *this* experience last longer than the last one." She then giggled slightly as Kit finally started to try to sit up; a little dizzy from the unbearable weakness that Kit really had;" Good morning...are you ok Ace?"

"Yeah; I'm fine Miz. Cunningham; but why do you keep doing that? You know that my ribs nearly burst everytime someone tries to give me an acute case of the giggles.." Kit said as loud banging and a loud voice bekons saying 'Let Me In!'. Baloo was outside; worried that the unspeakable torture (in his mind) that Kit went through. Rebecca came and unlocked the door.

"Because I love to hear you laugh...."Rebecca said quickly;" It tells me you're still breathing." Kit just let out a sigh; and tries to stand up , but he falls down since his legs were completely numb.... He fell flat on his face as Rebecca giggled again; as the poor bearcub tried to at least sit up again.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HIM!"; yelled Baloo as he stormed into the bedroom; but Rebecca stopped him.

"Chill; Baloo"; Rebecca said calmly;" I just woke him up; that's all. Besides; tickling him is much more fun than yelling at him." Baloo couldn't believe it; the tone of Rebecca's continued to be sweeter. Although Rebecca grew very close to his navagator; it was much sweeter than before. "Now if you can excuse me; I have some paperwork to finish. I'll be timing you guys...." She flashed a smile at Kit who was still trying to get up; and then she walked out the door and downstairs towards her desk.

"Are ya alright Little Britches?" Baloo asked with a chuckle.

"Yeah; I'm fine" Kit said slightly embrassed.

"Never underestimate the power of tickling Kit-boy. Even the toughest people can go down very easy by it." Baloo said quietly into Kit's ear.

"I can see.... and feel why"; Kit quietly said back rubbing his ankles lightly to get the numbness out of them as Baloo was wiping some of the dried tears (of laughter) off his face with a clean cloth." Have you ever been tickled?"

"Yes; and I know enough of it to make ya laugh!" Baloo chuckled as he almost tried to rub his finger underneath Kit's chin. Kit turned away quickly and frowned.

"Don't worry Little Britches; as soon as this shipment of cargo is done, you can go and visit Ernie and resume your meeting with the Jungle Aces." Baloo said with a tone that meant it." Just don't fall asleep on me or you might go numb again."

"Okay; Poppa Bear"; Kit giggled back as he tries to stand up again; and this time he was able to finally stand.

"Kit; did ya notice something unusal?" Baloo asked.

"What was that?" Kit asked back.

"Did you notice how she treated you? Even though she was 'punishing' you for oversleeping; she didn't seem angry at all. Not even sarsatic." Baloo telling him.

"Yeah; I noticed. I expected Rebecca to be mad. She in fact enjoyed it...." Kit said;" She does love me; but I didn't expect her to go that far."

"Boss Lady has changed quite a bit;" Baloo said.

"Don't expect her to forgive you for being late from the last shipment. Let's go downstairs before Rebecca starts another round of laughs Poppa Bear!" Kit said giggling.

"I won't argue with that; Little Britches!" Baloo said back as both bears with Kit in the lead head downstairs into the office area.

 

Rebecca was sitting in her desk; looking at her papers for today's shipment as Kit walked downstairs. Kit took a good look at his boss; ~She's even sweeter than ever before. I know that she's trying to be nice for me; but, I'm not her son. Even if....~ Kit continued to walk downstairs and when he reached the bottom of the stairs; he tried to put on his cheerful smile for Rebecca. ~I may be 13; but I need to show her that I can handle a tough assignment.~ he thought cheerfully.

"Good Morning; Miss Cunningham" Kit said with a conservate tone; trying to forget that bunch of laughs earlier.

"Hello Kit;" Rebecca said back not holding back her sweetness; "Feeling better?"

~She's changed. Did my life really affect her _that_ much?~ he thought as his tried to say something else.

"Yeah....I am...... I need to make the pre-flight checks on the SeaDuck right now...." Kit then turned around and started to walk out of the office.

Rebecca stood up and noticed that Kit was a little unsure about his wording. ~Maybe I did go too far this morning. I must've completely confused the poor boy. Prehaps I should tell him again about the flight plan.~ she thought unaware that Kit was choosing his words carefully in case Rebecca tries to punish him again.

"Kit. Stop right there"; Rebecca said as she without any physical handling managed to tell Kit to stop; "Our only shipment today is to New Feduora; the shipment that was delayed yesterday if you remember. WildCat is fixing the oxygen sensor on the SeaDuck and the shipment is on the plane right now. I want you to make sure that Baloo doesn't show off or go to Louie's......and Kit?"

"Yes Miss Cunningham?" Kit said while thinking ~Deja Vu all over again.~ Although he didn't show it Kit let out a sigh of relief.

"Once the shipment is completed; I want to talk to you about something. Something important."

"What is so important?" Kit said as he opened his eyes wider in wonder.

"It a big surprise. If she tells ya; it wouldn't be a surprise now wouldn't it." Baloo interupted. Rebecca looked sharply at Baloo.

"BALOO! You're already in enough trouble; don't you dare make it worse." Rebecca said with a slightly angry tone before going back to a calmer tone with Kit; "Sorry; Kit. You need to check the pre-flight plan again. You go ahead..."

"Thanks; Mom.... I mean Miss Cunningham"; Kit said recorrecting himself as he walked out the door of the office to check on the flight-plan. Rebecca turned to Baloo and waited for Kit to close the door. ~That proves it.~ Baloo thought.

"Becky? You should've told him right then. It pretty apparent that Kit thinks of you as his mother now. He does love you" Baloo said a little annoyed.

"Look Baloo! You're major worry is your job now. What would Kit think of you if you fail to deliever on time again? That would break his heart more than what happened last night! I'll talk that to him after the shipment! Do you understand?!" Rebecca said angerly. She didn't like taking orders from anyone. Expect from Kit; who always give Miz Manager a good reason to do it. ~I like Kit to decide his own future; not you Baloo.~

"Yes Miz Manager." Baloo said recluently.

"Thank you.... Besides; you have a prefect enough reason to not skip off and go to Louie's this time"; Rebecca said as she went towards the Higher for Hire office window. A new memory was about to be made once she saw outside.....

 

Part II

Kit walked out of the office and towards the docks where the massive Conwing L-16 plane floated on the beautiful crystal clear water next to a long dock featuring the sign that read Higher for Hire. Hey this is the TaleSpin world; isn't it? A name that Baloo cringes over even to this day. A small female bear cub was looking inside the SeaDuck; watching WildCat cleaning out the oxygen sensor. She looked like a bundle of joy giggling a bit.. As innocent as she was; Molly Cunningham was a sneaky little girl who can spot lies a mile away. Kit tip-toed inside and gently put his hands over Molly's eyes. Talk about a lapse of judgement by Molly and letting down her 'iron-guard'. Rebecca and Baloo went outside as well to check on Kit's progress on the pre-flight check and saw the great sence.

Molly squeaked loudly; "HEY!"

"Guess who?" Kit said smiling from ear to ear. Molly tried to shrug off Kit's hand but it was no use; Kit's grip was a bit too tight.

"Do you know what time it is?" Kit asked with a mock.

"What is that?" Molly asked a bit confused; as Kit gently loosen the grip on Molly and started to motion his hand down near her chin.

"It's 'Giggle-Good" time!" Kit said and start to tickle Molly underneath her chin and her arm. Molly started to giggle loudly.

"KIT!....." Molly giggled loudly as Kit tickled her even harder; Rebecca heard her daughter laughing and just shook her head. ~ Now I've got two children to deal with.~ she thought; prehaps having second thoughts about trying to presude Kit into becoming a kid again. Baloo could only chuckle while Rebecca giggled a bit as well. This was the way Kit should be; happy and playful.

"Ya need any help getting the ticklish fish off of you?" Wildcat asked sharply. (Quite original for a seedy mountain lion.)

"No; I don't need help. I know how to deal with it...." Molly giggled loudly.

"Okay Molly? Had enough laughs?" Kit said as he and Molly fell onto the steel floor of the SeaDuck and Kit started tickling Molly underneath the ribs and even had thoughts of tickling her feet. However; Molly kept her feet firmly planted on the floor as Kit fell firmly onto his back dragging Molly onto his midsection while tickling her ribs even harder.

"KIT! Stop tickling me; or I'll make Lucy quack!" Molly proclaimed giggling and shedding a few tears of laugher... Kit finally stopped knowing that he pushed Molly too far.

"OH; NO!!.... NOT THE QUACKER!" Kit squeaked out as Molly took the arms of her doll Lucy and used them to lightly pinch Kit's black little nose; causing Kit to twich again.

"Gotcha ; didn't I?" Molly squeaked again.

"You sure did Kiddo!" Kit said with bravado. He felt proud again; as the biggest load of his life was taken off his tired shoulders. Molly never realized how important Kit was to her; the many times that Kit saved her life. Even though Molly never thanked Kit for those actions; Kit never asked for it. As annoying as she was; Kit figured that Molly was a little girl who was whip-smart and bright as a button. He was doing it in order to hopefully teach her to respect peoples wishes more; but also to show Rebecca Cunningham how responsable Kit was. Molly jumped off of Kit's chest and stood up while Kit got back onto his feet.

"Kit! Let's play tailgunner!" Molly said with her fists seemly ready for battle. Kit knew he had a job to do. ~Gotta tell her..~ he thought.

"Sorry Kiddo; I have a shipment to do..." Kit said. ~I hope that works.~ he thought. He thought wrong; as usual.

"Oh come on Kit! TAILGUNNER! OH PLEASE!!" Molly complained again.

Kit then saw Miss Cunningham just outside the door leading into the Sea Duck. ~Gotta think fast. What would Miss Cunningham think if she see me not working?~ he thought.

"I'll tell ya what....Once this shipment is done; I'll give you lots of tailgunning. Its time to show them Pirates not mess with good ol' Danger Women". Kit said as Rebecca started to giggle slightly. ~Kit; you always find a way out. Even if it looks next to impossible.~ she thought sweetly as the moment continued.

"Okay Kit!" Molly sqeauked as she pulled the brim of Kit's baseball cap forward and pulled it over Kit's eyes.

"Sweet as icecream" Rebecca and Kit said at the same time without even knowing. Baloo turned to WildCat looking a bit disgruntled.

"WildCat? Are you done cleaning the oxygen sensor?" Baloo asked. Kit had readjusted his baseball cap to the correct position and walked towards the SeaDuck

"Sure 'm Baloo. And wow; was it dirty. Any more dust and it would choke like a Bruinweld eating a cupcake..." Baloo stopped him. He remembered one time where Baloo won a huge fortune and almost got he and his friends killed (although Kit and Molly weren't there thank goodness!). Losing the fortune was one thing; being reminded of Bruinweld was quite another. Baloo still wasn't sure if his last name was Bruinweld; after all no one really knows Baloo's past. YET!!

"Don't mention that horrible manison; where Becky almost got roasted like a duck." Baloo screamed out; quite offended.

"That's Rebecca; Baloo and you don't have to remind me of that moment; WildCat!"; Rebecca said sharply.

"Kit? Is the pre-flight check done?" Rebecca asked as she picked up Molly and walked outside to see Kit doing the last little bit of work.

It was amazing; he was able to complete the pre-flight check in less than three minutes. Most navigators can't do it in five; much less a kid who self-taught the job it seems. Rebecca was simply stunned and it proved that Kit had grown up way too far for his own good. ~ It's sad to see a 12-year old kid doing back-breaking work and loving it. It's good for business; but its not good for little boys. But should I tell him now?..~ Rebecca stopped and saw Kit grinning.

"Yes; it is Miz. Cunningham" Kit said cheerfully looking out the Sea Duck window at Rebecca and Molly who were now standing outside. ~Like clockwork!~

"Good. At least there's some helpful little people around here. Now remember; be back by 12 noon and don't ya dare stop at Louie's or I'm firing you....Kit? Make sure that Baloo does his job. I'm serious."

"I won't let you down Miss Cunningham." Kit said back with bravado. ~ I wonder why Rebecca is so nice to me while being so serious at the same time. It's not like her.~ he thought

~ Kit.... If Baloo does fail. Please don't leave with him? I don't know if Baloo would make a good father for you. And just do your best...~ she thought as the SeaDuck started those wonderful Superflight 100 engines and began its runway drive. The takeoff was flawless; as Baloo would be expected to. Rebecca watched the flight seqeunce; while Molly walked over to WildCat and looked her normal sweet self.

"I'd better get that new propellor for the SeaDuck; the old one is starting to get a little rusty. Would you like to help me Mollykat?" Wildcat pointed out to Molly.

"Sure! At least there be no bearcubs jumping me from behind!" Molly giggled as she and Wildcat walked towards the direction to the airplane shop. Rebecca watched the two different; yet likable spieces and sighed sadly....

~Molly? You always said that you wanted a real big brother? Well; tonight, if I get the answer that I want; Kit will be big brother.... For real!~ she thought sweetly and sadly as she went back into the office.

 

***

It was 9:30 AM...Sara & Ernie decided to visit Higher for Hire today to see how Kit was doing. Sara wasn't as impacted with Kit's story as Rebecca; however, it was still enough to cause her concern for the young bearcub. She told Ernie some of the details and told Ernie not to mention the story in front of him unless Kit wants to talk about it himself. Ernie decided to respect Kit's wishes. After all; it rare to see a young boy who actually saw the death and even rarer to actually try to do something about it.Kit doesn't have many friends although he has more than he really was use to. Sara and Ernie knocked on the Higher For Hire door.

"Good Morning Sara" Rebecca answered as Ernie and Sara stepped in.

Molly Cunningham had just left WildCat's boathouse and walked around the docks; seeing Ernie and Sara just step into the Higher for Hire office. Molly ran towards a clear window and saw Sara and Ernie talking to Miss Cunningham who was sitting at her desk; just completing her spreadsheets. Molly; who was carrying her doll Lucy around with her wondered why Kit's friend Ernie was here.

"Proably here to ask Kit's about the next meeting." Molly said to her doll Lucy whom she was friends with before she knew about the young bearcub. Although she had been in enough adventures already in her short life; she had never been allowed to be a Jungle Ace member. Although Kit did try that once; Rebecca simply refused stating that Molly was too young right now; making Molly jealous.

Ernie was looking around for Kit; but did not see him in the office.

"Where's Kit?" Ernie asked looking around. ~Is he really that upset.~

"Kit's on a delivery run. He should be back in an hour." Rebecca answered. ~I hope~ she thought knowing that Baloo will try to convince the bearcub to go to Louie's with him instead of returning.

"How are you feeling today Rebecca?" Sara asked.

"Awful actually. I've never been so tired in all my life. Baloo is his usual cheery self.... Kit's feeling fine; although he was tired and he overslept this morning. Quite unintentional I might add."

"Did you give him the Jungle Ace treatment?" Ernie asked with bravado. ~Ernie..Just like Kit~ Rebecca thought.

"Ernie?! That wasn't very nice...." Sara said.

"Yes; I did give him the treatment" Rebecca joked; "He couldn't walk for awhile; let alone walking on a slight limp to boot."

Ernie giggled; "Oh my gosh! Did he beg for mercy?"

"Oh yes! He was complaining that I was going to bust his ribs and numb his legs. He was crying with laugher." Rebecca joked again.

"That was nasty of you; Miss Cunningham; considering what has happened to him.." Sara said starting to giggle a bit as well. Molly started to get a bit confused. ~What did she mean by 'what has happened to him?~ she thought.

"Yeah; imagine that! Kit killing my daughter's father; my husband. That was so rich..... I could just cry." Rebecca joked about with Sara; unaware that Molly Cunningham was looking and listening outside.

Molly ran from the window towards the left side of Higher for Hire and sat down; sobbing quietly. This to her was a bombshell. Her bestest of best friend was according to Rebecca's words; responsable for the death of her father.

"Why?!" Molly sobbed out. She tried to rationize the problem; but she was never tought how to do it right. Rebecca's personality is to blame the other guy and not youself; for fear of being called the weakling of the team. Molly remembered that well; too well.

"THAT STINKIN AIR PIRATE!! HE'S GOING TO PAY!" she said angerly; but no one actually heard her; not even WildCat. She started to calm down again and realized something.... Despite her sobs and anger; she was a cunning young girl. Getting even would be a much bigger effect; she had a plan as she waited for Kit to return to Higher for Hire. She had no idea.......

"Miss Cunningham; I thought you two said that Kit didn't kill your husband?" Ernie asked sharply not getting the joke at all. He took things so seriously. ~Just like Kit! Typical Ernie Mandate.~ Sara thought.

"It was only a joke Ernie" Sara giggled;" We were just pulling your leg."

"Thanks a lot for scaring me. I don't need any more surprises from Kit; I just want to be friends with him. He gave me my life completely back after my father.." Ernie said staring down at the floor still bothered by the images of Jennie being tortured by his father. Sara saw this and placed a hand on Ernie's shoulder. The last thing Ernie needed was a joke that in his impressionable mind was no laughing matter.

"I know son. I'm 100% sure that Jennie would be proud of Kit's courage to stand up to what he believes is wrong." Sara said firmly; a comfrontable gesture to an already grown-up cat. Although not nearly as grown-up as Kit.

"I wish Kit could be here to hear that..." Ernie said feeling better about himself. He started to smile again as Rebecca took a sip of water from a glass that was on the table.

"Soon; Kit and Molly will be turely sister and brother. If Kit agrees to it of course..."

"You mean...." Ernie asked almost knowing what the answer could be.

"Yes; Ernie. I'm going to adopt Kit as my very own son." Rebecca proclaim with a smile.

"Rebecca; I don't know if Kit's going to..." Sara said in a natural reaction to something. Ernie had always told her that Kit was about as indepenent as they get. Even though Baloo and Kit were almost like father and son; it was diffcult to tell who was the father and who was the son of the surrogate family. Most of time; Baloo acted out like a spoiled little child; showed off and at times was very lazy while Kit acted out like a very small adult, trying to convince Baloo to grow up and having limited sucess. This combination was very risky; but somehow they both managed to stick together. To Rebecca; Kit's *soul* was tranished by bad influences by many criminals, thugs and adults who simply didn't care about life itself. How he was able to prevent himself from becoming 'like' them himself is amazing in itself.

"I know that it's going to be diffcult. But Kit needs help. He's suffered too much to continue closing his mind to people who love him. I'm trying to destory this fear of trust that Kit has....." Rebecca said as she stood up and told Ernie and Sara her reasons why she was doing this; and told her the side of Kit that she never told anyone else......

 

***

 

It was 11:00 AM..The delivery was smooth and flawless; no Air Pirates; no Nega Aces, no nothing. The SeaDuck was hovering over the horizon returning to Cape Suzette. As long as Baloo didn't have a crazy idea to go to Louie's and party-hardy ; they would get back with a half hour to spare. However; Baloo was starting to have that craving for lazyness again.

"We're making good time; Little Britches. Let's go to Louies for a few minutes." Kit instantly jumped out of the navigator's chair and jumped onto Baloo's back and started covering Baloo's eyes with his own paws.

" Hey! Come on Kit? I can't see. We've got an hour left before we have to return. Let's go to Louie's and have some fun. You need it the most son." he said with a chuckle trying to impress the bearcub.

"Nota chance.... Mr. CoverEyes sez; we're going back to Higher for Hire..." Kit said firm and solid. He would have none of that.

Kit started to giggle a little bit . Baloo was trying to tickle Kit's foot which was dangling but he missed everytime. " Oh no! You not getting away with that again!"

Kit held on to Baloo's neck when Baloo, with great diffculty finally placed a crowbar onto the stick of the SeaDuck and managed to throw Kit over his shoulder and landed gently in Baloo's seat in front of Baloo.

"Aw; come on Kit-boy. Can't you learn to relax a little. Besides.." Baloo suddenly realized something. He saw Kit with his arms folded and looking a bit angry. "Kit?"

"Baloo?! Rebecca told me to make sure that you didn't dilly-dally. Baloo you are one mistake away from losing the SeaDuck for good. I cannot allow you to go to Louie's." Kit said sadly; staring at Baloo with a small tear forming in his eye.

"Kit? Why do you not trust me?" Baloo asked firmly. Kit for the last year had expressed this same feeling many different ways; but had yet to say ~I LOVE YOU~ directly. Kit started to run out of ways to say those three magic words and decided to try...

"Because I love you Poppa Bear. And I don't want to see you leave." Kit said as that tear fell down his cheek. That small tear was symbolic of Kit's continuing struggle to reason.

"What are you talking about? You can join me..." Baloo said as Kit was hugging him tight; tears coming down slowly.

"Baloo... I've made up my mind now. I *do* need parents; I need someone to express my feelings to. I.... and Rebecca did talk about staying at Higher for Hire." Kit said weeping sliently.

"Kit.." It suddenly hit Baloo. Normally; when the bearcub said that he doesn't trust someone is because Kit stopped loving him because he didn't love him back. For Kit; Baloo was more special to him. When Kit was hung upside-down and nearly killed by the Air Pirates when they were extracting information from the cub (without success). Kit himself felt that he dragged Baloo into an affair that he felt only Kit could solve. And again later in the battle of the Lightning Gun where Kit put whatever selfishness aside to save the city and his friends by pretending to betray Baloo; going back to the thing that Kit tried so hard to avoid and then betraying Don Karnage. To Baloo; Kit's message : "Please tell Baloo! Tell Poppa Bear! I'm his navigator .......always.." tought him about life; and that there were selfless people out there. Kit was indeed one of the very few. How he got those morals and selflessness is still a mystery in itself since Kit felt that he was not ready to tell anyone.

".....You did talk to her?" Baloo asked as the two bears stopped hugging and look at each other; feeling much better to get that monkey off their chests.

"When your plane was destoryed in the Lightning Gun battle... Rebecca and I talked about it and for the next week, Miss Cunningham and I stayed in her apartment." Kit wiped the tears out of his eyes and started to smile again.

"That's why you know her place so well?" Baloo chuckled.

"Yeap; and although she never said to me directly. I feel she's been asking me to be her son ever since that day. It's just that feeling." Kit said smiling." That's why I want to return to Higher for Hire now." Kit went back to the navigator's chair smiling for ear to ear looking at Baloo with that same face.

Baloo saw that face: he was defeated and he knew it. "You are turely the slickest hero of Cape Suzette." Baloo pronounced chuckling; "Let's go and see Rebecca. Where are we navigator?"

"5 miles south of Cape Suzette; that's straight ahead!" Kit pointed out on a map that he just took out from his navgation equipment.

"5 miles to a new beginning..." Baloo said with bravado. Everything was going so well; Kit was finally happy and Baloo was full of glee. Kit had changed as well since last night when Kit opened up an important part of Kit's past; when Kit, by fate more than anything else met Rebecca's husband and even tried to save him. Rebecca forgiving Kit was the first sign for Kit that he finally found his ture reason to stay at Higher of Hire. However; that trust was not going to last too much longer it seems. Not if someone has anything to say about it....

 

Part III

Back at the Higher for Hire office; Ernie and Sara sat down on chairs seated in front of Rebecca's desk. Rebecca told her the story of Kit's life based on what Kit had told her when they first met. At first; Rebecca felt that talking about this would put Ernie in a compromising situation, however Ernie reminded Rebecca that he had suffered from the truama of abuse before and felt that he and Kit shared a relationship; regardless of how minor. Rebecca agreed to the story. Sara was not as surprised about what Rebecca had to say considering that she knew that Kit's run-in with Gregory Masamune was the tip of the iceberg. As Rebecca continued his story, Sara couldn't help feeling more and more sad for the young bearcub. Thoughts would race through her head..... Her children suffered at the hands of her husband; could there be another connection to the maddness surronding this world.

Sara asked," Miss Cunningham? Why would Kit run away from the orphanage?"

Rebecca twirled her hair a bit;" All Kit has said that he felt that the orphanage has abused him. I don't think all orphanges are like that; but judging by the number of scars on his chest and back, it seems someone has done a number on him. And of course; the image of seeing those babies..." Rebecca started to shed tears; those memories. For Rebecca; those words that Kit Cloudkicker spoke had shocked her to the point that a tragedy would hit him in the guts at such an early age. But what shocked her even more was how Kit told the story to her 18 months ago; it was more harsh and cold. This was a far contrast to last night where Kit spoke with compassion and pure remorse. Kit had changed....All someone could say was: 18 months? Where has the time gone?

"How did Kit manage to prevent being like them? He's had a lot of bad influences in his life. It seems that Kit has faced nothing but bad influences in his life." Sara said seriously. Rebecca wiped a tear off her cheek.

" I think that he had good influences in his life as well during his life of nightmare." said Rebecca teary-eyed;" He did tell me about an Air Pirate named Karneaux. A french frog who protected him from the madness. After Kit was beaten up; he basically helped Kit become a better person. Sadly; he met the same fate as Stephen."

"Air Pirate?! Rebecca; Karneaux is really a spy for the government of Usland." Sara said correcting Rebecca; "He works to gather information from gangs like the Nega Aces and the Sky Pirates and gives them to government officials to plot their next move in the fight againest these ruthless gangs. It's no surprise that Kanreaux was helping Kit; nor is it a surprise that Don Karnage found out about it."

"That explains a lot! Most of the Air Pirates are usually of lower intellegence. But; it still doesn't change the fact that Kit needs....." Just as the last word was about to be said; Rebecca started to hear the roar of the engine. She didn't believe it was Baloo; "Boy those planes are starting to get louder and louder....." Ernie looked outside the windows the instant the sound went into his ears.

" I know that rumbling sound anywhere.... It's the SeaDuck." Ernie yelled out as he watched out the window.

" Be careful Ernie Mandate. The SeaDuck packs a lot of wind and it could blow you off the ledge." Sara yelled back to Ernie.

"I'll be careful Mom." Ernie said as he ran out the office.

"I'd better go outside too." Sara said just to make sure Ernie didn't try anything foolish; but also to see Kit again and how he was feeling today compared to last night's horror.

"Well; I do not believe it...." Rebecca said shaking her head; "Baloo made a delievry on time. Kit's going to get an extra bonus for this; along with the special surprise."

"Hello Baloo!" Sara exclaimed as Baloo bear came out of the plane from the cargo door. Kit Cloudkicker went out of the passenger side of the SeaDuck just as Sara stopped to see Kit again. She noticed that Kit looked a lot calmer than usual; not the same person who was emotionally distraught over the loss of Rebecca's husband. Talking about the events that Kit already knew might set Kit off again so Sara decided againest speaking to Kit about Rebecca's plan for adoption. Kit proably knows by now that he may have to give up his indepenance for a few years to regain his childhood. He has at least tried to protect many lives; now it was time for adults do in fact cared about him for the last two years to try to protect him.

"Hello Sara! And a big hello to you little skipper." Baloo said as he bowed at both curious bear. Rebecca couldn't believe it; Baloo actually managed to pull this delivery off on time for the very first time. ~Kit finally got through to him. I have got to ask him what he did differently this time around.~ she thought with amazement. However; asking him such a question would be foolish right now because Kit Cloudkicker was living a moment that he never had for so long.

"I'm 14 now Baloo;" Ernie said with such glee and emotion; "I'm a middle skipper now."

"You are right Ernie." Baloo chuckled;"I completely forgot that you grow up just like Kit does."

"Oh Baloo...." Kit said laughing. This was not the same laugh; it sounded like more of a pure love laugh instead of a forced laugh.

"Well; Baloo, you finally did something right for a change." Rebecca said as she walked out of the plane. She folded her arms looking annoyed; but not angry. "But don't expect miracles. You're still not out of the woods yet." Baloo just simply shuddered. He had been wishing that his boss would finally give him a ture break; but it continues to show and Rebecca and Baloo were still not on the same wave length.

"Hey; where's Molly?" Kit asked remembering that he still had a promise to keep; "I promised to play tail-gunner with her."

"Kit; remember that we have a Jungle Aces meeting later this afternoon. Don't forget." Ernie stated as he and Sara left to go to Ernie's Secret Midnight Club.

"I won't." Kit said back as he then saw Molly on the western side of Higher for Hire; "Oh; there she is. She must be playing 'Seek and go Hide' again. Maybe this time; I'll let her get the jump on me and she can give me the giggle." Kit smiled wide-cheeked. This was the first time in many years that he was able to have fun without the fear that he was doing something wrong. Kit Cloudkicker ran off towards the western side of Higher for Hire looking to play another game with his surogate sister.

"Oh; brother?" Rebecca said looking defeated; "One of these days Kit; you'll going to lose that sense of humor." Rebecca was worried..... two more years and Kit will lose the last bit of innocence that he had been cling onto for so long. Baloo believed that this was a wasted moment.

"Becky? "Baloo said seriously; "You had your chance to...."

"Oh come on Baloo...." Rebecca said with a slight whine in her voice; "Kit promised to play with Molly after the delivery and I'm not about to let Kit break his word. I might be his future mom; but I'll only smother him if I feel that it's in his best interests. Right now let him have a little fun. He's still got two more years of childhood left. For his sake; let's not let him lose that precious little that he has left."

"Whatever you say Beckers." Baloo said defensely. In Rebecca's eyes this was not a wasted moment; but a real moment for Kit to finally see life in a different route. For years; Kit Cloudkicker believed that there was no goodness in this world and no one cared about each other. These last eighteen months proved that theory to be wrong and despite everything that has been thrown to them: Dan Dawson, Doctor Axolott1, Colonel Spigot, The Air Pirates, The Nega Aces, and countless others; nothing has ever changed that fact. Now Rebecca knew that in two years; Kit can brave the world that he had seen before with his head held up high knowning that he indeed has seened the entire world. Rebecca should be proud....

" And Baloo....." she said sweetly ready to lay down the law on the offending bear;" THE NAME'S REBECCA; NOT BECKY AND CERTAINLY NOT BECKERS!!"

"Right? Miz Cunningham...." Baloo said in a pretty cool voice. Another mistake by the big bear.

"..... and don't mock my formal name either!" Rebecca snapped back followed by a giggle which failed to impress the big bear. ~ Why can't she stop doing this to me?~ he thought without realizing why he was not supposed to mock her in the first place.

***

Kit Cloudkicker was at the western side of Higher for Hire; a place that he had been before. He looked around the large crates only to discover nothing; not even a little golden bearcub. Kit knew what was coming; after all when Kit starts playing tickles on Molly; she is certain to come back with a good tickle of her own. Although it was really impossible to prepare for such a spantanous event; he was as prepared as he could ever be. The real question was when she would strike..... Kit continued to look for her.

"Where is she?" Kit asked looking puzzled; "Boy; she's really good at this game now. In the past; I always seem to find her and...." It was that moment when Kit Cloudkicker turned his back that Molly Cunningham jumped down from a large set of cargo and jumped onto Kit Cloudkicker's back from behind. However; instead of rubbing her finger under Kit's neck to tickle him; she used her hands to grab Kit's neck and started to squeeze. Her face was not the evil look that Molly used everytime they played this game; but it looked more like a very serious and angry look. Almost to the point of rage.....

"Molly! Is this some...kind of... joke?... You're not tickling me..." Kit was suddenly gasping for air and falls to his knees quickly;".. BALOOOOOOO! !! REBECCA!! HELP! SHE'S CHOKING ME!....." Rebecca and Baloo heard his screams and ran towards the western side of Higher for Hire to find Molly squeezing the neck of a defenseless Kit who was on his midsection; his face to his side gasping for air.

"WHAT? Molly! Stop that this instant!" Rebecca demanded. But it was no use; Molly's iron grip was continuing to squeeze the very life out of Kit.

"YOU KILLED MY DADDY!" Molly screamed right in Kit's face. Rebecca was completely stunned; since Molly has never known about her husband's death until the moment she said that. Not to mention that she had never acted this way to anyone; particually to someone as close as Kit was.

~How did she know? No time.....~ Rebecca thought.

"MOLLY! STOP CHOKING HIM!" Rebecca screamed again this time with a lot more compassion as Kit mouth was starting to foam and was coming dangerously close of turning blue.

"NEVER!" Molly screamed back directly at her mother; her _biological mother_. Rebecca couldn't believe what she was hearing. Molly has been known to defy her mother's word; however, in many cases you couldn't blame her considering that Rebecca has been subduced by many people who were after her money or at times Rebecca seemed to ignore her. But this was completely different; and it was particually distrubing.

"Baloo; help me get her off of him." Rebecca ordered trying to keep calm as she knelt down to pry Molly's fingers from Kit's neck. Kit's eyes started to close as Kit couldn't hang on for much longer.

"Yes Boss Lady!" Baloo obeyed without question. Normally; Baloo would be recluent to obey Rebecca considering how spunky Molly Cunningham can be and not to mention that Baloo and Rebecca weren't the best of friends. However; this was a very serious matter and since it involved two kids; almost blood siblings fighting over something that was very serious. Baloo knelt down and managed to pry the iron grip of Molly's grab from Kit's neck while Rebecca grabbed Molly who was kicking and screaming without success.

"Wildcat? You look over the business."Rebecca said a bit stirred but still maintaining some calmness although that was starting to wear thin; "Baloo? Get Kit upstairs. Let me handle Molly..."

" LET ME GO! HE KILLED MY DADDY!" Molly screamed at the top of her lungs; being absolutely hystrical. Rebecca slowly made her way to the car and managed to put Molly in the car with great diffculty. Rebecca finally starts the car and drives back to her apartment with the waterfall attached to it. Baloo gently lifted Kit into his arms and walked him into the office; and went upstairs to Kit's bed room. Baloo laided Kit onto the bed and wipe some of the foam that came out of his mouth. Kit reacted by opening his eyes gently and starting to cough.

" Baloo?" Kit said coughing a bit.

"Kit are you okay?" Baloo asked with a hint of panic in his voice.

Kit nodded to say that he was okay. Kit then gently rub his thorat to get some feeling back.

"Don't talk too much kiddo." Baloo commanded gently; trying to give Kit's neck a chance to rest. However; suddenly Kit realized that it was Molly Cunningham who did this to him.

"Where's Molly?" Kit said with his voice weakened.

"Back at Rebecca's apartment Kit...." Baloo said just before Kit Cloudkicker automatically rose up to his feet.

"I've got to go see Molly." Kit said as he walked out of the bedroom and down the stairs towards the office with Baloo in tow.

"Kit; I don't think that Molly want to listen...." Baloo tired to say but Kit wasn't even listening to him.

"I have to go...." Kit said harshly almost to the point of relapse back into a tough guy again; "The truth must be told to her. I didn't kill her father." One moment later; Kit ran outside the office and ran towards Rebecca's apartment.

"Oh....Kit...." Baloo said sadly. He couldn't believe this was happening. Kit and Molly never fight and rarely exchange negativity between each other. Although this fight was one-sided because Kit had no intention to fight in the first place....They were a happy bunch with bundles of joy. Baloo had never seen Molly in such rage; even she wasn't *this* angry. What was more distrubing was that these turn of events suddenly made Kit go back into such a defensive mode; although this one was much different than before.....Somewhat like Kit was trying to prevent Molly's innocence from being shattered and just enough to be repaired. It was only going to get worse. 

***

It was a struggle for Rebecca Cunningham; but she managed to get a enraged Molly Cunningham into her apartment without creating a worser sence than what Molly displayed with Kit Cloudkicker. As Rebecca and Molly entered the apartment; Rebecca was holding Molly by the hips almost close to ready to ready to drop (read: intentionally or accidently; you wouldn't know with those two anymore) Molly harashly onto the floor thanks to Molly's uncontrollable kicking and screaming. Rebecca somehow manages to close the door behind her as

"LET ME GO MOMMY!" Molly screamed as she starts to pull on Rebecca's long hair causing Rebecca to whince; as Rebecca continues to struggle towards Molly's room; "LET _ME_ GO!"

"HOW DARE YOU BE SAUCY IN MY PRESENCE?!" Rebecca responded angerly and loudly disgusted by Molly's claims that Kit killed her daddy; which was clearly not ture; "HOW DARE YOU CHOKE MY EMPLOYEE?! HE'S DONE NOTHING WRONG!"

"HE KILLED _MY_ DADDY!" Molly's hystera continued to fester into full-scale conflict with her mommy. However; Rebecca's rage was in more control then Molly's was and she managed

"YOU HAD NO RIGHT TO END HIS LIFE!" Rebecca screamed as she finally makes it to Molly's bedroom and opens the door; " YOU WILL GO STRAIGHT TO _YOUR_ ROOM AND STAY THERE UNTIL YOU CALM DOWN AND SAY YOUR SORRY TO KIT!" Rebecca then makes a critical mistake as she throws Molly harshly into her room causing her to screech loudly and tears to fall down as Molly lands with a solid thud. Finally Rebecca slams the door shut and locks the door before Molly could try to reopen the door."UNDERSTAND!"

"I'LL NEVER SAY...." Molly screamed in hysteria as she repeatly bangs on the door and continues to scream loudly "...MY SORRY TO KIT YOU FIEND!" That word and tone was enough to finally press the hot button on Rebecca's rage.

"THEN BURN IN DEATH FOR YOUR GROSS MISCONDUCT!" Rebecca screamed to the exact same level; prehaps even worse than Molly and acted like a preacher from an extremist religion. Rebecca instantly realized that Molly had push the button she needed to justify her choking of Kit to death. Rebecca was screaming on the same level and went way too far. Rebecca quickly brusts into tears and sits down on the couch feeling completely horrified of what she has done to Molly. She looked completely shakened; "What is happening? Why is this happening to me? What have I done to make Molly hate me? Why does Molly hate Kit? Kit is the most upright employee I have...Why has nothing gone right?.....Honey; I need you.." Rebecca suddenly started to sob loudly as she instantly starts to hear a light knocking on the main door and it wasn't coming from Molly's room. It was more of a gentle knock; "..Why would someone...?"

"Miss Cunningham?!.....Miss Cunningham?!" Kit shouts as he was actually knocking on the door; Rebecca goes to the main door and opens it to see Kit waiting for her to answer it; "Hello Miss Cunningham, where's Molly?" Rebecca was thinking what she felt was justifed. ~Why are you here? This is a bad time to speak to me~ she thought. However; she needed someone right now and Kit was most of the time there to speak to her during a crisis.

"Kit; you have picked a _very_ awful time to come here." Rebecca states in an upset tone as Kit enters Rebecca's apartment, Rebecca was shedding even more tears and Kit saw that the rage that Rebecca foretold was completely gone replaced by a large degree of dispair; "I really don't have the love to bring myself to convince her that you are innocent."

"Rebecca?...Yelling and screaming is only going to make things worse." Kit exclaimed going back to periods of that practice in his checkered past; "..Experience has taught me that!"

"I can see your point now." Rebecca admits as she wipes a tear from her eye and becomes haunted by the lingering memories of Kit Cloudkicker being beaten by the Master in the Wesdon orphanage. It was almost like she was a surreal version of him. Meanwhile; as Kit was trying to talk to Rebecca; Molly Cunningham who was wailing on the floor all this time finally started to stand up. That took a considerable amount of effort to do since she was wailing to no end. She wiped the tears from her eyes and started to look around and hoping that Rebecca will finally come to her senses and stop taking sides with what she considered as the killer of her father.

"[What am I going to do now? My mommy has locked me in my room and....]" as Molly wispers about she starts to overhear Rebecca's voice going on in the family room where Rebecca was.

"Kit?" Rebecca started as Molly continues to listen to the dreaded conversation with Kit; the alleged killer; "I don't think that this is a proper time to speak with Molly. You saw how she lost her temper and nearly choked you to death...."

"You're worried about my safety?" Kit responded which is turn was heard from earshot by Molly; "I know that Molly's unstable; however, how on earth did she get the idea that I killed her dad when I clearly didn't...."

"[Oh, no! That creepy killing boy has already convinced my mommy that he is innocent. I cannot save her now....]"Molly wispered as Molly looks around and sees an open small window which was reachable only by using the larger oak-wooden dresser which was only a foot below the window's bottom; "[....There's my escape route. But; first I better dress into my secret identiy....Danger Woman!]"

"....Plus; I want to know why Molly didn't know about this until now.." Kit continued to speak trying to plead his case; seemly Rebecca was unconvinced, however Kit decided to ask her some questions like an investagator;"..Rebecca? Did _you_ ever tell Molly about her father's death?"

"I...thought...that it was inapporiate for Molly to know about death." Rebecca said fumbling some of the works to explain her actions even though she clearly couldn't explain the shielding of someone own reality; "So I made up everything about us being separated. If Molly had found out that Stephen was killed it would have broken her heart."

"So you build this story that your husband was evil so Molly would love you behind your spiritual back of Stephen?" Kit shouted feeling for the first time that was in control of a situation; "Rebecca; you're starting to act exactly like everyone who has betrayal in their heart and this time Molly is actually much more vunerable than I am. Now she knows that her father is dead; her heart is completely shattered far worse than my heart was ever touched and now she's placing the blame at my feet. How can you stand here and bark out order to Baloo when you committed fraud againest your own daughter?"

Rebecca was on the spot and she started to shed some tears and she felt defeated; she couldn't explain her actions nor justify them; "I.....I cannot!!"

"Look Miss Cunningham.." Kit said knowing that forgiveness and repentance was the only way to stop this cycle of misgiving; "....._I_ love Molly...._I_ care about Molly...She's an innocent girl in the maelstorm of reality. She thinks I killed her father; but doesn't know my side of the story. It doesn't matter if she doesn't want to listen to me...she must know the truth. I'm not going to go down the same path that many adults do. Please let me talk to Molly....." Kit simply looks into Rebecca's eyes and those icy blue eyes were unmistakable. Molly's future will depend on this very important evidence-bringing talk and Rebecca knew it. Rebecca sits back into her chair and smiles weakly.

"Kit?....You are one _amazing_ furry!"Rebecca said as she shakes her head in disbelief; he was only fourteen years ago; used to be in trouble and yet out of that moronic mind of his is flashes of adulthood in him; "I've gotta tell you now I know that you were the messangener that Stephen spoke of..."

"That Stephen spoke of?" Kit asked acting very confused; thinking that she was losing her sense of reality; "Miss Cunningham; you are really losing it now...are you okay?"

"I'm fine Kit; I really am." Rebecca responed firmly; making sure that she is in control again; "It's just that I actually saw Stephen's image in a dream just a few days after he was killed by the Air Pirates.." Rebecca smiled weakly; "..I'll never forget what he said...."

Stephen voice of dialogue pretty much said it all: **When you look at a child....do not think of him as just another child or even a street urchin for that matter. A young kid who wears a diplomat's green sweater and a white sailor shirt with medium brown fur, icy blue/hot red eyes and is obsencely cute. Soon; you will hear from him as he will witness an event which will give him the incentive to leave this rogue band and will give you a reality that even you will find beyond belief.....I love you honey and tell Molly; I'm sorry...I won't be coming back ever!**

"I see what you mean..." Kit responded to Rebecca's dream feeling a bit cynical now; "....if I was disoriented; I'd be hearing things too!"

"Always the realist aren't you.." she admitted shaking her head in the matureness of Kit Cloudkicker; a complete 90 degree turn from the mature yet moronic kid. This proved it; Kit was a complete adult now and he was only fourteen years old; "....That's the show of an adult..."

"Look;" Kit said holding his hand in solitude;"....if Molly does try anything; you can intervene on my behalf.."

"You _are_ turely a realist...All right; I'll open the door and let you talk to Molly. Okay?" Rebecca said with a weak smile as she apporches the bedroom door leading to Molly's room and she finally unlocks the door. Nothing happens. She then puts her funny ear right againest the door to hear a noise from Molly. However; there is not even a quiet muffle let alone a peep from Molly. Something is wrong; "That's funny! I don't hear any noise...even sobbing...." Rebecca opens the door widely and notices that Molly Cunningham was no where inside the room. The clutch of Rebecca Cunningham had experienced was quickly turn to absolute sobbing out of Rebecca when she notices the window was wide open and the dresser drawers were open and in a mess. She had jumped out of the window with her Danger Woman outfit in tow.

"OH MY GOD! MOLLY DIDN'T......!" Rebecca screamed as Kit enters Molly's bedroom hearing Rebecca's screaming in complete hysertia as she exits the room screaming and sobbing uncontrollably. As she continues to scream; Kit Cloudkicker, surprisely calm; knowing that Molly had run away before after the many times Miss Cunningham was in love with a crook a la Convington; has jumped onto the top of the wooden dresser and look out the open window and discover that there was a platform only five feet below the open window. Molly was not there. She didn't die...she actually ran away....Sadly; that was considered little comfront for Rebecca.

"Rebecca?! COME BACK! Molly's run away!" Kit shouted as he started to realize something; ~I've done it again! I've ruined someone else life!~ he thought as a shudder of fear wrapped around him. It looked like everything was about to turn the corner; but now Molly Cunningham has discovered something that she didn't know until now....Her own mommy had lied to her; her daddy cared about Molly; and he cared about Mommy as well. But now Daddy was dead and a young fourteen year old took a knife and ended his life according to her impressible mind. For Kit; seeing Molly leave was the last thing he wanted.....It has happened to other buddies before and he was afraid that he might be forced back on the streets because of it. Kit finally stepped down from the dresser drawers and knelt down seemly ready to pray. He knew only one thing was certain....It was going to be a very long night indeed!

***

It was a struggle just to get away from the apartment; but Molly managed to find a route away from Rebecca without being seen. She was now wearing her favorite outfit in the entire world and at this point; the only role model she had left. The familar steel colinder on her head, the blue cape and the spatula firmly placed in a holder on her hip. She was like Dangerwoman. The sad life of Molly without a father to play with and a mother who was too busy to play with most of the time. Molly was in a state of confusion and losing her friends in the process because she was accusing them of crimes they didn't committ. She was inside an alleyway where there was nothing but brick buildings all looking cold and deary. Not to mention a stone road in between which was hard to get footing on. Still; Molly's agility was breaktaking to say the least as she was still trying to rationalize what to do at this point. Sadly; she was around her mother for so long and many instances of incurring Rebecca's wriath that she couldn't see her mother for what she really was: a single, caring mother struggling without a father who was killed by the Air Pirates. Molly could only think of one thing: Kit killed Dad! That was it...Molly was running down and her breath wasn't quite catching up.

"First; I'll get far away from that killer..." Molly said trying to catch her runaway breath as she runs down the alleyway; "..then I'll find a police officer just like mommy said.." Molly's head then realizes that her mother was the one who told her to do that; "..Wait! She must have lied about that too!" Molly continued to run and notices a corner in the alley which turned to the left and she ran into that direction. She continued to run down for sometime without ever realizing what she was getting herself into when she run past three furries who looked painfully familar to a certain teenage-bearcub who was accused of killing Molly's dad. All three were considered bullies and they were known just as Street Pirates. However; even Kit didn't realize just who they really were: a small cell which was growing into something that would terrorize people beyond just simple bullying. All three bullies were males and apparently lived on the streets of Cape Suzette. The leader of the pack was Boris Nickelnov; a brown bruin who was not even 20 years old and was wearing a leather brown jacket, brown pants and white shoes. To make him somewhat threathening Boris also had a pair of brass knuckles on his left hand and wasn't afraid to use them on someone. He looked like a rich rap star; although he wasn't rich as all and was nothing less than a big bully who cannot redeem himself for anyone. His two partners in crime (literally) were a short, fat brown badger named Dustin Chizoo. He had a small beer gut and his shirt was a size too small. However; he was wearing a black coat, red pants and black goggles to compensate. He wasn't even an adult yet by a few months anyway. The third member was a tall, slender brown ferret named Salet Tolas. He wore a white coat, blue pants and a beige scarf around his neck. They apparently run the turf area around where Higher for Hire and Rebecca's apartment is. Kit would know them (if not by name) because he ran into them when he was running an errand for Miss Cunningham. He took his airfoil and smashes it to pieces and then beat him up when Kit challenged them to a fight. This incident was proof that Kit was starting to soften up on his tough guy stance. Although it was three againest one and Kit was clearly too small to win anyway. No one can accuse Kit of being a brave (and foolish) bearcub that was certain. Anyway; Molly without even a hint of foresight; bolted past them and that causes Dustin to look into that direction and wonder...

"Hey; wasn't that a little girl that just rudely past us?" Dustin asked with an Southern accent that was so thick that you couldn't cut it with a sharp knife.

"My lord;" Salet responded who for some reason could understand the accent well as he looked in that same general direction; "... it is a little girl...."

"In a Dangerwoman outfit." Dustin exclaimed with a sarcastic tone in his voice.

"Oooooh.." Salet mocked in kind; "..scary!"

"Oh shut up!.." Boris shouted smacking both Dustin and Salet on the sides of their heads in which they rubbed their heads in pain; "..Come to think of it; that girl could fetch a good ransom."

"Oooo.." Dustin said rubbing his hands and chomping at the bit; "..I'm lovin this."

"Then what are we waitin for;" Boris protested as he smacked Dustin on the head again; "...let's grab her!"

"Right!" Dustin and Salet said at the same time as the three Street Pirates ran after Molly in the same direction. While Molly was out of their sight right now; they were still a lot faster than Molly and they were starting to catch up. Molly decides to stop and catch her breath and try to regain her bearing when he turns around and notices three furries running towards her.

"Can't even buy a break!" Molly whicned as she turns around and starts to run again. However; she pulled out her favorite doll Lucy and was starting to slow down; "What is it Lucy? Dangerwoman isn't supposed to run? Ooo...I forgot!!" She knew that Dangerwoman never gave up (like all superheroes do) and she suddenly stopped much to the delight of her potiential kidnappers.

"Ay.." Dustin said and was smiling from ear to ear now; "..the kid stopped."

"This is going to be easier than I thought." Salet exclaimed as the two bullies manages to stop and watch over the little girl until Boris arrives; " Our boss is going to be happy."

"Don't touch me!" Molly squeaked out with an angry look on her kisser as Boris finally arrives on the scene. For some reason; Boris' evil look had a look of faux concern for the little female bearcub.

"Easy kid.." Boris said throwing out his hands to defend his words and the words of his posse; "..We want to help you."

"Yeah.." Salet proclaimed as he grabs Molly by the hips and looks at the angry bearcub; "..you're cute!" That was a big mistake and Molly was fed up with the faux attempt to be concern when they were clearly trying to kidnap her. Molly takes Lucy and bops Salet hard on his fragile nose causing Salet to scream in pain. Salet lets go of Molly instantly and she lands on her seat as Salet grabs his nose in pain and squeals; "You pitiful little brat! I think you broke my nose." Boris bursts into laughter at the sight of all this stupidity.

"Not to mention your logical thinking process.." Boris said laughing his head off and slapping his knee; "..Spunky...yes....Cute...Instant doom!"

"Yeah Salet.." Dustin exclaimed as he approches Molly who was getting back onto her feet; "..our boss wants her alive."

Molly steps back a step and grabs her spatula and points it straight at Dustin yelling;"I'm Dangerwoman and I'll slash you to pieces!" Boris was laughing even harder now.

"This girl is such a gas!" Boris screamed as he was holding his ribs to keep himself breathing;" I'm cracking up...!"

"A kitchen utensil." Dustin said mocking Molly just like Salet did earlier; "..I'm _so_ scared!" However; Dustin takes a step forward and kneel down to pick up Molly again and Molly doesn't buy it for a second. She whacks Dustin in the face with the spatula's sharp side and manages a draw a small amount of blood from Dustin's face. Dustin is screaming in pain and wanting to kill Molly; "I'll....I'll..."

"Enough of the hilitary!" Boris screams as he takes out a pistol from his pocket and aims it at Molly's head. He was playing the whole laughing thing all along. That was Boris to a tee for whomever has ever crossed paths with him. He would make you believe that he was geninue and instead he would show that he is a ruthless killer that should be hanged for his act. This would be the lowest level he would ever stoop without a doubt and there were no police officers to stop him. Something was up as he was last seen by Kit without a gun of any kind.

"But boss!" Salet protested as he tried to approch Boris but Boris starts walking; " If you kill her; there's no ransom."

"Thank you for reminding me!" Boris shouts out as he forces Molly to walk backwards as Boris continues to point the pistol at Molly's face; " I would kill you if our boss was paying us to kill." Molly was frightened for the first time in her life. She had never seen a gun before and anything new to her was frightening; just like her first trip to Baloo's Air Service. She was seeing the sights that Kit Cloudkicker had seen too much in his days. Boris, Dustin and Salet were now forcing Molly to fall back until they reach the end of the alleyway for what seemed to be a very long time. Molly turns right and realizes that she was at a dead end and that there was only a black antique car sitting in the area. It was trying to start the engines.

"That's it little girl!" Dustin said pleased that this ordeal would be over quickly; " Stop walking back and stop struggling."

"Sorry;" Molly squeaks as she notices the car right away and starts to smile the evil smile that she was best known for; " but I don't accept bullets from guns....Bye, bye..." Molly jumps onto the back of the car where there was a place for her to grip and hang on to the car. The car had silver wheels and was a two-passenger Concar C-20 vehicle with a sunroof. Molly then looks Boris square into his eyes and sticks his tongue out at him like she does with many of the creepfaces that have interfered in her life; "...Phett!"

"You little witch!" Boris screamed with venomous anger as he points the pistol straight at Molly and is about to pull the trigger; " You're going to...." However; before he could kill Molly Cunningham dead and destroy countless lives; Salet and Dustin grab Boris from behind and that causes Boris to panic as he is beginning to struggle big time with his partners much to Molly's surprise.

"Boss.." Salet screamed as Boris' gun points up into the air at a 60 degree angle and Boris unintentionally pulls the trigger of the gun as the pistol shoots out it's deadly contents; which did no damage because it missed Molly Cunningham and the black car by about six feet or so; "...no!"

"What are you doing?!" Boris screamed out as someone was still clearly in the black car and they apparently heard something.

"Let's get out of here!" The Driver of the black car which had a girly male voice sounding like he had seen over a hundred ghosts; " Someone's trying to kill us!" The car was finally warmed up enough and it swirls around and is headed straight for the trio.

"AIIIEEEEE!" They screamed in vain as they got out the way as the car speeds by with Molly Cunningham in tow. However; the force of the car dislodged the spatula from her hand and it landed right on Boris' head with a thud; but it did nothing to him. Boris was completely steamed as his plans were down the drain quickly.

"You idoits!" Boris shouted slapping Dustin in the face as they get up instantly;" You made me waste my last bullet!"

"But boss.." Dustin responded in his own defence; "..the kid needs to be alive..."

"Don't you think that I don't know THAT!" Boris screamed as he threatens Dustin with his pistol; " Thanks to you two; we lost her and now we have to return to Saint Peterdora to get more weapon power...."

"But boss.." Salet protested looking quite scared as if someone was killing his soul; "..Pierce, our surpreme overloard told us to stay here..."

"Well then;" Boris said as he threathens Salet with his pistol looking quite steamed still; ".... you had better find a good excuse to our return or I'll pistol whip you to the fire pit of death!"

"This is your fault Salet!!" Dustin said as he Boris and Salet both walk back into the alleyway as Salet's eyes light up in disgust as he didn't like being blamed for anything.

"My fault?.." Salet protested pointing his finger at him; "..you wanted to stop him..."

"It's not my fault that Boris was shooting at her..." Dustin spoke before Boris looked entirely fed up of his suborindates. He face lit up in white hot anger and he wasn't going to take it anymore.

"SHUT UP!!" Boris screamed in deep pain as he takes the pistol and whips Dustin in the head several times with it; causing and Dustin falls on his back as his eyes close and looked quite a bit hurt indeed. Salet was quite stunned as Boris continues to speak; "Salet?! Pick him up! While he's resting; he can come up with the excuse.." Boris then looks at Salet with a wicked look as he places the pistol next to Salet's head; "..unless you want to!"

"Yes.." Salet gulps in agony; "..boss!" Salet walks to Dustin and picks him up. He places him over his shoulder onto his back and finally walks out of sight from Boris. Boris looks into the sky and starts to laugh once again.

"Dangerwoman is goin to face _cold_ reality!" Boris laughs out loud as he walks behind Salet and he sounded so right now. What is going on here? Boris was a mere street punk who loved beating up on little boys and smashing airfoils. Now; he was one bullet away from killing a little girl. Is this the ultimate fate of a street kid? Is this what Kit was trying to take a kid's hand and to steer away from this? Who is Pierce anyway? There were so many questions and the answers would be answered; in cold reality.....

***

The black car was now in the heart of the central district of Cape Suzette; a place where people gather to take in the nightlife. It was the entertainment district and there were various nightclubs, cafes, movie cinemas and theatres. There were at least three hundred furries of various races, spieces and were wearing various clothing either walking around on the sidewalk or were waiting in line to go to various shows. Some of them however; noticed Molly was on the black car's black bumper and were gossiping for some unknown reason. It was a brightly lit place at dusk; however, Molly wasn't interested in all of it. She was pretty upset at something.

"Next time.." Molly shouts to her doll as she looks at her; "..the sidekick keeps her mouth shut...Okay Lucy?" Molly forces her doll to nod her head yes which was a sign of denial on her part; "..Good...Let's keep our chin up.... because we need each other right now...." The black car was driving down on Gossage Street (at least that's what one sign actually states on the side of the street) as the male voice driver was talking trash about Cape Suzette. Then again; considering what Boris was now; there was no blaming him.

"That's the last time I ever come to Cape Suzette my dear." the male driver exclaimed with a sharp voice.

"Agreed." a female voice which sounded southern; " Too much violence. I prefer our real home in Saint Peterdora."

"Yeah; I know." The male driver said without a moment of a second thought; "..No worries since it's a God-fearing place with moral denizens."

"Let's not waste any more time here...." the female passenger agreed in kind sounding quite strong.

"Did ya hear that Lucy?" Molly said smiling wide holding her favorite doll; " There's a safe haven for us..."

"Pardon me.." The female voice overheard Molly's squeaking; "..but I heard a little girl's voice somewhere..."

"You must be seeing things..." The driver responded bitterly thinking that she was pulling a joke on him.

"You mean _hearing_ things..." The passenger corrected him as the black car was now approching the intersection of Gossage and Main which was the last street in the entertainment district and the black car was on the right track since Gossage street was also known as Route 1 and Route 1 leads directly out of the city and towards Saint Peterdora. If only Saint Peterdora were _that_ safe. Little did they know....

***

The skies were as clear with many stars. There was no full moon out tonight; which didn't help in terms of giving airplanes and wandering little girls proper direction; not that Molly would have much of an idea of how Kit was able to navigate the stars anyway. Normally; night would be the end of the day for many, but for Higher For Hire on this night, it was only the beginning. We begin on the docks where the panic for Rebecca was starting to settle in. Rebecca was currently in her office making phone calls as Baloo and WildCat were seen on the docks preparing the SeaDuck in case it would be needed to find Molly. Baloo was looking at the stars and trying to make sure that none of them gave him a similar look to Molly's face. Luckly for him; that didn't happen...However; Kit was no where to be seen. Usually; Kit would be outside checking the flight path to take and checking the navigational equipment. It was the sign Baloo didn't want to see...The fact that his navigator wasn't there to help points out that something was wrong with Kit; as if this version of Molly's disappearance was eating away at his courage.

"Wildcat?" Baloo asked as he was looking at WildCat as he was walking all over the SeaDuck where he could walk and checked out every nook and crany with a fine tooth comb. "What is the status of my baby?" WildCat finally goes to the engine and opens the panel to gain access to the engine. He carefully examines it as Baloo waits patiently. This was the first time that Baloo was feeling easy about himself; it was quite rare to see even if this was considered the wrong reaction to most people.

"Well...I don't see any problems right now.." WildCat said as he was checking the engine completely and then discovered that the gas filter was partially clogged with some debris and dust; ".. However; your gas filter is within days of choking on it's own flem....Easy fix.."

"Thanks..." Baloo said as WildCat replaces the panel and was keeping his head down. Baloo then proceed to ask such a stupid question;"..Oh...you heard about Molly disappearing..." WildCat's face instantly lights up; but the light was very dark in the eyes of an innocent man.

"I.." WildCat wailed sliently as he was breathing heavily; "..lost my childhood!"

"Beckey's done nothing but call every office of police in Cape Suzette." Baloo said looking worried as he was looking at the offices of Higher for Hire where Rebecca currently was right now; " Molly's sweet face is gone....and why does she say that Kit killed her father? Kit's never lied to me or Beckey about this!"

"Okay Baloo.." WildCat states as he jumps off the SeaDuck and that jump wasn't clearly his best effort. Molly's disappearance was showing off the consequences already and there was worse to come for sure if Molly cannot be found in time; "..The only thing needs checking is the navigational equipment thingy..."

"That could be a problem.." Baloo said breathing a huge sigh looking up to the stars wondering if he would ever be able to speak to Kit again; "..Kit hasn't come down yet..."

"We cannot continue without him.." WildCat stated knowing the important role that Kit took for Higher For Hire; "..Miss Cunningham wouldn't like that..."

"Kit's heart looks broken and Beckey won't even allow me to talk to him..." Baloo said shaking his head as WildCat walks towards the office looking for Kit.

Meanwhile; as WildCat was heading to the office of Higher for Hire; Rebecca Cunningham was calling someone on the phone at her desk. She was sounding somewhat breathless in the attempt as she realized that time was short if she was ever going to find her again. Standing on the top of those swirled staircase on the deck overlooking the office was Kit Cloudkicker. He was looking down at Rebecca and wondering if he will be blamed for this. He had a defeated look on his face and that was a sign that Kit was going to have to leave again it seemed. However; there was something eating him up inside that was even more serious. How could he leave now? The entire world knows that he is alive now and if Oniz Mecha were prime minister; she would have a search party after him no matter what the taxpayers say about it. He made a promise to Gustove and Oniz and he was forced to keep it at all costs.

"Hello Detective Thursday.." Rebecca spoke on the phone as Kit continues to look down thinking about Molly and wondering why she would leave; "....Yes; I would like to file a missing person's report...My daughter is missing.." Rebecca's fear turned to anger instantly as Derek clearly said something that made Rebecca's blood boil;"..What do you mean that I have to wait 24 hours before you can file one?"

"I'm sorry Miss Cunningham; but that's the law now..." Derek explained as he shunned himself knowing the full consequences of reforms in the law enforcement side of things. This was as of a result of Gregory Skywinds' evidence againest the Windia Police Force. Although the Cape Suzette government had made the statement public; since it was apparently only affected the police; this wouldn't be a big deal in the press. However; for missing children it was becoming a big deal now since the law was only put in because of a knee-jerk reaction on the government to reform everything before someone starts to question that.

"Why can't _you_ look for her?" Rebecca asked now looking in a panic state. She knew Molly wouldn't last more than a dozen hours in that world; even though Molly was proven that she can look after herself for a while; but 24 hours was way too long for Rebecca to handle at this point.

"My boss would fire me if I go on the case without following proper premission...but he could put me on the case.....However; there are no promises here." Derek stated looking quite concern;" Look Miss Cunningham; if you want to find Molly; then you should ask your friends and neighbours to help search. I'll do whatever I can to help; but Arnold's one who doesn't usually give breaks..."

"All right.." Rebecca said looking angry but her tone of voice was simply firm. She was almost ready to explode now; "..I'll see you later."

"Goodbye for now." Derek said as Rebecca puts the phone down and slams her fist down in rage; letting out all the frustrations. She didn't know who to curse; Gregory Skywinds for finding the evidence, the Windia Police Force for the corrpution; or the Cape Suzette Mayor for reacting in such a knee-jerk response.

"Who's the ingrate that created that?!" she yelled out as Kit goes downstairs looking depressed.

"Molly..." Kit could only say. Rebecca heard Kit almost right away and looked up to see a depressed Kit Cloudkicker. She rarely saw Kit in this acute state before. It was the first time she ever saw Kit defeated like this. Prehaps she should forget the adoption process all together and realize now that Kit was never going to get his childhood back; no matter what. Then it started to hit her harder than a sledgehammer to the face: ~I cannot wait for the search party to find her dead. Kit wouldn't never wait for action and neither would Molly....I've got to prove something to Kit...that....~ her thoughts raced into her mind before Frank WildCat finally entered the office quickly. Her mind stopped processing and she looked directly at the concerned face of a mountain lion who may have had his innocent mind shattered because of Molly's running away.

"Miss Cunningham?" WildCat asked sounding quite uneasy for someone who brought laugher and heart to her only daughter. She just shook her head in sorrow for him; knowing that he was a victim in this whole ordeal.

"WildCat;" Rebecca said without wasting a second breath; it was time to take action; ".... tell Baloo to get the SeaDuck ready."

"Rebecca?" WildCat begins to ask; " Kit needs to..." Kit in an amazing turn of emotions (as only he could do) turned into serious mode and realized that he was needed. It was that time to prove himself worthy as a navigator once again. He began to walk with some purpose now; however, as Rebecca noticed she was feeling a pain in her mid-section. She didn't want to see Kit getting hurt by Molly again and in her own mind; Kit's emotional charge was starting to become so unhealthy. She had to say something now....

"I'm going to check the equipment right away..." Kit said as he attempted to walk out of the office. However; before he could even get to the door; Rebecca was standing right in front of him. That was the first time she had ever tried to do that; however, she figured that Kit was in no condition to find anyone and to be quite frank; Rebecca didn't want Kit and Molly to be together until Molly starts to understand that Kit didn't kill her dad.

"You are going to bed young man!" Rebecca shouted as Kit's eyebrows rise in disbelief. He would have thought that since Molly was missing because he was being accused of killing Molly's father that Rebecca would let him go like she always did on these missions. WildCat was very surprised too; surprised that Rebecca wouldn't even allow him to at least check the equipment.

"But the bird cannot fly without its navigator." WildCat protested which was a rare moment for him indeed but Rebecca shuns him right away.

"It's just going to have to learn to fly without it." Rebecca proclaimed as Kit couldn't believe his ears. However; Kit should have realized that Rebecca was doing this to protect him and should have accepted it as such. Kit was getting a small taste of being the son of a future foster mother now and to be honest Kit wasn't liking it one bit. Maybe he should forget the adoption after all as this was clearly going to wound his independence for at least a couple of years anyway.

"But Miss Cunningham..." Kit attempts to say something. This was almost like the time when Kit was late babysitting; only this time, Rebecca was acting as if she was his mother now and it was getting pretty scary now.

"NO BUTS!!" Rebecca shouts out as she points to the room where Kit sleeps; " Upstairs...NOW!!" Kit was shocked to hear Rebecca yelling at him again; it was just like the babysitting incident. There was no way to reason with her now and Kit suddenly tilted his head down in a certain amount of shame; as if he felt like Rebecca had hated him for causing this mess.

"Yes Miss Cunningham....." Kit said almost with a wisper thinking that it would be better off if he wasn't involved. He turns around and slowly walks upstairs; not even bothering to look at Rebecca again. Rebecca's anger suddenly turned into puzzlement. Normally; she expected Kit to put up a better fight than this. Now; Rebecca was really saddened now in her heart because Kit was feeling like he was giving up now. However; her head was telling her that this was for the best. Kit wasn't ready to handle Molly right now and Molly wants Kit's blood. ~Why did he give up so quickly? Never mind; it's for the best.~ she thought with a sad look on her kisser as she turns her attention to WildCat as Kit opens to the door to his bedroom and walks in; closing the door gently behind him.

"WildCat? You'll be manning the radios here.." Rebecca explained as she pointed to the radio that she bought recently to keep tabs on Baloo if he failed to deliever his goods. Now; she finally had a good excuse to use it now and Baloo was going to be screwed; "..If anyone calls; let me know..."

"Right Miss Cunningham.." WildCat exclaimed; saluting her as if she was a general; " You can count on me."

"Thank you.." Rebecca said blushing a bit at the sight; "..I don't know what I would do without you..." Rebecca turns around; gives a nice gesture to WildCat and then walks out of the office and closes the door as WildCat approches the radio in the far left corner of the office.

"Mollykat.." WildCat said breathing heavily again; "..This is not funny anymore..." As WildCat was figuring out how the radio actually works...Rebecca was seen walking out of her office and she was walking with a purpose as she approches Baloo. Her feet hitting the wooden planks was quite noisy and it woke Baloo up a little bit as he notices Rebecca coming straight towards him.

Baloo was quite stunned to see her in such a serious mood as the panic was seemly out of her system now and could only ask; "Are you all right Boss Lady?"

"Yes I am! Let's go to Louie's." Rebecca explained as she looked at Baloo with a serious cross look on her face; " We can call him to keep his radio armed...Maybe the pilots have spotted her by now..."

"Okay.." Baloo said shrugging; knowing that Rebecca cannot be stopped now. However; Baloo takes a good look and see that Kit was not with her; "..Where's Kit?"

"He's _not_ coming with us." Rebecca said firmly without even giving him a second glance. Baloo looks pretty flustered as Kit usually would help in the search for Molly. If Kit was at school then WildCat could take over and he would understand.

"What?! But Beckey.. " Baloo said whincing at the thought; while he has learned to become a better navigator; he doesn't leave without a navigator and Kit wasn't supposed to be in school for another couple of days at least; "..Kit's my navigator. I'm lost without him! Besides you said that..."

"BALOO!" Rebecca snaps back which causes Baloo to jump before she then shakes her head in sorrow; " Kit's in no condition to come with us...He's..given up."

"I don't believe that..." Baloo said with an angry look on his face. Kit would _NEVER_ give up on _ANYONE_; let alone Molly. However; Rebecca puts her hand up to stop Baloo from talking anymore. Baloo realized that maybe Rebecca was trying to prove a point; that she was worried about Kit being in trouble. What if Molly goes to the police and states that Kit killed her father? The police might actually believe her considering the fact that she has run away.

"WildCat will look after him.." Rebecca assures Baloo which in Baloo's mind wasn't much of an insurance at all; "..Now let's march; we might as well join in the search too."

"All right boss lady.." Baloo states in a harsh tone to her; he hated the notion that Kit wasn't coming with them; "..but you're my co-pilot!"

"Fine.. "Rebecca snaps back like a good couple bickering over something would; "..but I'm not going to give in...Let's go."

"Rebecca?" Baloo asked wondering why Rebecca told Kit to stay at the office; " I don't understand."

"Baloo;" Rebecca said honestly as if she really meant for Kit to stay home; " I told Kit to stay because I was afraid that Molly would try to kill him..." Baloo didn't see that as a good excuse at all; since Kit was clearly needed to explain why he didn't kill her father. Baloo had a terrible gut feeling in his mid-section; and wondered if Molly would ever be able to regain any sense of her original self.

"But Kit will run off.." Baloo protested feeling worried about Kit's state of allowing actual restraint. Kit is not the person who likes authority that he doesn't want to do and in many cases; Kit had his reasons to disobey orders; "..You know that...!"

"I don't think he's going to try this time around..." Rebecca said sliently; feeling quite bad for Kit as the SeaDuck begins to gain altitude and speed as it flys away from the docks of Higher For Hire. Kit looks out of the window of his bedroom just long enough to see the SeaDuck fly away as if his heart was flying away with it. Kit was completely upset now as tears streamed from his cheeks.

"Miss Cunningham's right..." Kit said in a sad tone; wiping those tears from his cheeks as he lays his head down on the window sill and begins to sob quietly; "..I'm just creating more problems if I go...Just like everytime I make friends...Oh Molly!" It was finally official and Rebecca was proven correct after all; Kit had officially given up as the clouds began to roll in. The maelstorm of life for Kit was resurfacing once again.....

End of Chapter II


Return to Unforeseen Impact Summary and Purpose

Return to Kit Cloudkicker Fanfics Page

Return to the Unofficial Kit Cloudkicker Homepage


Special Thanks to 50 Webs for providing space for this webpage. Click here to find out how you can get your free homepage and 60 Megabytes of webspace.