Return to 50 Webs.

The Terror of TerraStone

Chapter One

It is 12:05 PM at Cape Suzette Elemetary School. The kids were taking their lunch breaks. Everyone was bustling with happiness since it was Friday; the last day of the week. Kids playing on the swings and letting their hair whip around in the light breeze. Some boys were playing soccer and several watched the game; cheering on play after trilling play. Some kids were walking around the school; talking about the weekend and laughing about it. It was a beautiful sunny day; with just a few clouds around. A day that everyone around the school was very happy.

Well; almost everyone......

The front step leading to the enterance of the school sat a young medium-brown bearcub with very floppy ears (for a bear.). He wore a medium-green sweater with a patch on his right forearm; and on his head was a red/blue baseball cap worn backwards. Very few really knew him; however, those in the know would tell you a story that would blow you away. His name is Kit Cloudkicker; a 12-year old who was still to this date comsumed with a huge amount of darkness.

Today; he seemed more depressed than ever before. He had a piece of paper in his hand. It was the latest spelling test that he did earlier in the morning. Kit has made a huge improvement over the last several weeks. However; he didn't seem to care anymore about spelling tests. And this time it wasn't because it was hard for him. He sat with his face facing the ground and he didn't say anything.

Coming out the large school doors was a golden lady-bear wearing a brand new purple dress. She wore glasses and was known as a sweet caring young teacher. Her name was Teefa Bradshaw or Miss Bradshaw; Kit's spelling teacher. She was very impressed with Kit's progress; however, she saw Kit outside looking down at the ground and not watching the soccer game going on or even playing with the kids. ~I'm deeply worried. I've got to talk to him~; she thought. She sat right next to Kit and waited for Kit to sat something or even notice her. 30 seconds pasted and Kit still didn't even notice her. ~This is not good. I cannot wait any longer~; she thought.

"Good effort on your spelling test Kit. I'm proud of you." said Teefa who was smiling.

"Yeah, I know," stated Kit very faintly. He didn't even look at her. Teefa was very worried now. It seems to her that the more Kit improves, the more depressed he looked. Something *was* bothering him and bothering him very dearly.

"Is there something wrong?" she asked in a nice voice. She waited 15 seconds and there was still no response from Kit. "It is not a good idea to bottle up your emotions; Kit. If there is something bothering you, don't be afraid to tell someone," she added.

Kit turned around and looked right into Teefa blue eyes. One thing that Kit Cloudkicker did not like was adults trying to pry into his personal life. His life was just too dark to even mention. However; his personal life was not the problem.

"It has been three months since I have enrolled in school; right?" said Kit in a scary voice. It sounded like he was acting like an adult rather than a 12 year old kid. This surprises Teefa and makes her wonder why.

"Yes; but I don't understand Kit?" Teefa looks a bit confused.

"It's just that...... I still have yet to find a friend that _is_ my age." Kit proclaims.

"Oh; so that is what is bothering you." Teefa says with a lot of relief. She thought Kit was having major problems at home." Well; I should tell you that you cannot expect friends to just come out and just make friends with you........"

Just before Teefa can finish her statement; a soccer ball land in front of Kit. Kit stands up and blindly kicks the soccer ball with has left foot towards the soccer field. The ball sails just over a young cheeth's head and sails just left of the hippo kid and lands into the soccer net. Everyone is now looking at Kit and Teefa and they are looking very stunned.

The cheeth kid was wearing blue overalls and a blue shirt and he looked the most stunned. Something about him made Kit shiver with a slight degree of fear. The hippo was wearing purple overalls and a white shirt which looked fancier than Kit's white undershirt. The two walked quickly towards Kit along with a rabbit and a vulture kid. The young cheetah did have his arms folded; which wasn't a good sign for Kit. However; the young kid did not look angry at all. And none of the players who came forward towards Kit; looked that way either. All the kids were about Kit's age.

"Was it you that kicked my soccer ball?" the cheetah kid asked in a sharp; yet nice voice.

Kit looked very embrassed and had a slight panic in his voice,"Yeah; it was me. I'm sorry; I didn't mean to....." Kit had a lot of respect for kids; even though me never really had a childhood like the others.

The cheetah kid looked impressed; almost excited. "Wow! I've never seen anyone kick a ball quite like that before. That's the best kick I have ever seen. It even fooled my goalkeeper; Lars." Lars nodded in tribute to Kit's unbelieve feat. Lars was a big hippo; but was also a quick hippo to match.

Kit looked very surprised. "It was?" he asked almost looking very shy.

"Yeah," the cheetah said with a lot of bravado,"Oops; I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Ernie Mandate."

Kit shaked Ernie's hand. "Kit. Kit Cloudkicker,"Kit exclaimed with a touch of bravado. Cloudkicker was like a sacred thing to Kit; he was fond of the name and loved the sound of it.

Ernie seemly looked at Kit; like his actually knew him from somewhere. "You look very familiar. I saw someone at an Air Circus a while back who looks like you. He was wearing a blue uniform and he kept preforming stunt after stunt........"

"Yeah; that was me," Kit sighed,"I almost lost my friends and my life as a result of that. I just don't like thinking about it."

Ernie stood and looked into Kit's blue eyes and reassures him that he wants to be friends with Kit. "Well; I don't blame you. I sometimes do not want to think about it either."

Ernie paused for about two seconds. "Say; would you like to play soccer with us?" he asked.

Kit was beaming with glee. No one has ever asked him to play any sports before. "Of course. I'd love to!" Kit said with bravado. He felt much better now.

Teefa looks at her watch. ~12:15 PM. I have to go back inside.~ she thought. "I'd love to stay and watch this wonderful moment," Teefa said in her usual nice and sweet voice," However, I've got a meeting to attend. See you later!"

Teefa paused for three seconds and then said,"Remember that you've got a spelling test later Ernie." Teefa turns around and exits back into the school via the same way she came out.

Ernie winced a bit. Spelling *was* Ernie's least favorite subject after all.

Ernie switches back to his bravado stance. "Let me introduce the rest of my friends. The hippo to my left is Lars; our goalkeeper."

"Hello Kit. Nice shot!" said Lars who sounded very nice and smooth. Kit simply winked at him and started to widen his smile even more. Lars winked back.

"The rabbit behind me is Spot," Ernie continues pointing at a rabbit who wore red overalls and a peach shirt." He plays left wing."

"Hiya Kit!" Spot was very excited and steps towards Kit and offers his hand.

"Please to meet you." Kit said with a smile and shakes the offered hand of Spot.

"The vulture to my right is S.D. We usually call him `Super Dan`. He plays right wing." Ernie stated with a greater sense of proudness as he shows a vulture wearing brown overalls; a yellow shirt and brown boots. He started to giggle; he loved the sound of his nickname. Kit thought it was pretty silly; but said nothing out of respect.

"Don't mind him, Kit. He loves saying that." S.D. said with a fairly low giggle. He offers Kit his left hand and Kit shakes it with respect.

"Of course." Kit said as he begins to laugh with a very high pitch giggle.

Ernie looked a bit embrassed. ~Nobody laughs like that~ he thought. Ernie decided to ignore the reason behind such a giggle.

"I play center," Ernie stated with a bit of cockyness. It was like he was actually proud of it. "Since we are short one player; you can play center while I play defense. Is that ok with you?"

Kit looked very excited; almost beaming,"Yes." The strangest thing had occured as Ernie, Kit, Lars, Spot and S.D. made it onto the soccer field. Kit actually said "Yes". Most of the time he would say "Yeah"; like he wasn't always sure if he could trust them. The kids were about to get a huge surprise.

As Kit and his new found friends entered the soccer field; they were greeted by five other players. The first in the realm was a white cat with a black spot around his left eye. He was wearing an orange shirt and brown shorts and he was almost as cocky as Ernie is.

"So, Ernie. I see you got a new player for your team. Maybe I won't whip you as bad as we always do with a man short. By the way; I'm Scott T. Cat," said the cat with lots of bravdo.

"The 'T' standing for 'THE'; right?"; Kit said with as much bravado as Scott. The white cat seemed a bit surprised that the bearcub could in fact talk better than he could. ~He's going to regret that!~ he thought angerly.

"So; the kid can talk the talk. But let's see if the kid can play," Scott reacted.

"You're on hotshot!!",Ernie hissed as a method of accepting the challenge. ~You're going down this time Scott!~ Ernie thought.

"Let me introduce the kid over there my teammates to go up againest you Ernie."; Scott said. He first pointed at a brown dog with a white shirt and orange pants,"This is Will Thursday;he plays left wing." Will just gave a thumbs-up to everyone.

Kit knew something was very familiar. ~That must be Mr. Thursday's son. I remember Mr. Thursday very well; since the spelling incident a while back~; he thought.

Scott continued; pointing at a gator wearing a blue shirt and red shorts,"This is Zal Polis; he plays the right wing." Zal just smiled.

Scott then pointed at an elephant wearing a brown shirt and purple shorts," This is Jason Sadler; he plays defense."

Finally Scott gave tribute to a white lion sitting in front of the opposing net. The white lion was wearing a blue sweater and front-lid yellow/green baseball cap. He looked almost like Kit,"This is Lion Hazelnut; our best goalkeeper. No one has ever scored on him before."

Lion took a quick glance at Kit and something about him caused him to feel happy. ~He's the smallest person on the field. This is going to be easier than I thought~.

"Ernie; tell your new friend over there not to be dissapointed if your team gets whipped like a dog!" Scott was really laughing now.

~That's a cheap shot; Scott!~ Ernie thought. "Okay Scott; but you better be careful that you don't get your foot neatly inserted into mouth if we win."

"Let's just play the game and see what happens. It's already 12:20; we only have 30 minutes to play before we have to go in."; Kit said sounding like a peacemaker.

~The kid's right~ Scott thought." Okay; let's begin"; he stated in a high pitch voice.

Scott places the ball in the middle of the soccer field and passes it to Zal. The match has begun and the kids in the stands are cheering like crazy........

 

It was 12:49 p.m. and the kids were enjoying a friendly game of soccer. Ernie's team is playing from left to right while Scott's team is playing from right to left. The score is tied 0-0 with 30 seconds left in the game; and no-one has been able to get a clear shot at the goal.Scott is not looking nearly as confident as he was at the beginning of the match. Ernie's team has at least won a moral victory by keeping the score very close. However; Scott's team has the ball and they managed to get the ball past the white line and into Ernie's zone. The kids in the stands were going crazy now.

Kit has been pretty quiet for the most part; however, now he realizes that he must take a chance now and try to pop the ball loose from Scott. Kit runs and makes a bee-line towards Scott from the right side of the field and slides feet first right into the ball and his slide not only causes the ball to pop toward the left side of the field; but he also misses Scott completely as Scott jumps over the sliding Kit and falls on his face. The ball rolls towards the left-winger Spot. Kit gets back on his feet and runs towards the opposition goal almost in perfect text-book sequence.

Scott looked stunned. ~I've never seen anyone do that before!~ he thought as he gets back up on his feet and starts running as fast as he can towards his zone. He realizes that he will not win this game. He had to defend to fort in order to at least end the game with a tie score.

Spot passes the ball to Ernie and they managed to get it down to midfield. Scott, Will,and Zal attempt the same triangle formation that they had for the entire match; but it was no good. The opposition was breaking the defense up.

"To me; To me!!" S.D. yells. Ernie passes the ball perfectly to the right-winger S.D. The team now had a chance to score; but they only have 15 seconds left. The teams were now near Lion Hazelnut's goal. However; Scott's team has made one huge mistake. Scott attempted to have two people defend Ernie; thinking that Kit was not a huge threat. Kit is about 13 yards at an angle from the left side of the goal.

"S.D.; High-Arc; High-Arc to #1"; Ernie screams towards S.D. However; S.D. realizes instantly that only Kit was wide open. So; he kicks a high-arc pass towards Kit.

"Kit; Header!! Header!!" Ernie yelled. However; Kit realizes that the pass is a bit too high to head; however, he had to take a big chance now. Scott's team finally realizes their huge mistake and he runs towards Kit hoping to block the head shot or at least spoil the header and keep the game tied. However; it was too late. Kit jumps into the air with a backflip; nails the ball with his right foot and the ball sails to the right of Lion Hazelnut and into the back of the net as the buzzer sounds. The game is over.... and Ernie's team wins 1-0.

Kit lands on his feet and doesn't even realize what he had done until the kids in the stands started to cheer. They had never seen a shot like that before; and neither did his teammates or his opposition.

"Holy cat tails!! What a shot! That was an unbelieve kick; Kit! A great game Ernie"; Scott said. ~I was wrong about him~ he thought with some remorse.

"Now that's a 'Perfect Striker'!"; Ernie shouted with a lot of glee. ~Words coming out of a person who said that his team would whip us like a dog~ he thought with a smirk.

All the kids that played the game shook hands..... expect Kit and Lion Hazelnut; who were near the net where Kit scored the winning goal and getting to know each other.

"You know that was a great goal; Kit. No cheap one here. I didn't realize that you could play soccer this well; because of your height." Lion stated with tribute as well as respect.

"Why thank you Lion"; Kit said with bravado," I even surprised myself with that shot. I guess you can say that ignoring the weak link is not a great thing to do."

"I guess not," Lion said with a strange glare," You must have very strong legs in order to kick a soccerball that hard." Lion was sometimes a very nosey type person; he loved to see and hear the secrets of other people. Lion tried to grab Kit's right leg in order to feel it; however, Kit manages to pull his right leg over his left leg before Lion could even touch it. Kit starts to blush and Lion was quite a bit puzzled.

"Are you ok? You look blushy!";said Lion with a very puzzled look.

"I'm going to be alright (sic). I know you didn't mean any harm; but it is just that I'm very ticklish and....."; Kit said with a slight giggle in his voice.

"I understand Kit. I *am* a bit nosy; and sometimes I like hearing about secrets."

"Would you like to know my secret Lion?" Kit said in a voice that even Ernie heard. Ernie, Lars, Scott, Spot and S.D. decided to walk towards Kit and listen to the conversation. Zal, Will and Jason walked back towards the front door of the school and re-entered the building.

"Sure; I love too!!" Lion eyes were very wide as were Kit's new friends.

"See those clouds up there?" Kit pointed to a set of very thick, puffy, white clouds and he paused for a moment in order to prepare his friends for the big deal; " I actually surf them!"; he said with maybe the most amount of bravado that he's ever said today.

 

Lion was stunned. ~A kid surfing the clouds. That's unbelievable; I usually see 18 year olds doing something like that. However; never a 12 year old~ he thought.

"You're kidding? A kid actually surfing the clouds?" Lion asked with a hint of disbelief.

"It makes sense to me"; Ernie said laughing hard;" His last name is Cloudkicker after all." However; even Ernie wasn't convinced either. ~His mother and father wouldn't allow him to do such a dangerous thing.~ he thought. Little did he know.......

Kit saw right through the kids disbelief. ~They don't believe me! I have to convince them!~. Of course; he knew of a person who could see through his toughness which would explain Kit's slight clutch of panic.

"But; I do surf the clouds!" Kit said with a somewhat defensive tone;" I know that I'm a bit too young to be doing this; however, I've done it for years now." Kit starts to imitate his famous; leaning from side to side with his knees bent trying to feel the airboard under his feet." I surf from side to side being towed from a rope from a plane; gliding on the clouds with my airboard. I didn't bring it with me today."

"Now that's pretty cool;"Lion said. ~Oh my gosh! Now that's some little kid~ he thought with a huge smile. Kit saw that he was pretty excited; but decided not to respond.

"And not just any old plane. It's a Conway L-16 plane with a 2-engine Superfly 100's!"; Kit said with even more bravado.

Lars was impressed. His father was a pilot who actually flew that same plane; meaning that even he had something in common with Kit. "You're amazing Kit! Very few adults even know that; let alone a 12-year old kid."

Kit started to blush a bit. Ernie noticed that they were going to be late for classes; if they kept on talking forever.

"Hey; I've got a great idea." Ernie exclaimed;"How about we come to your place Kit? I'd love to see that plane of yours."

"Okay Ernie"; Kit said in a voice which's been softer than before;" I must warn you though, since I work at Higher for Hire; I cannot let you stay for very long."

"I understand." Ernie said in a voice of respect;" You must be very busy." Kit, Lion, Scott, Spot, Lars and S.D. are walking towards the front doors of the school. While Lion,Scott, Spot, Lars and S.D. managed to step inside the school; Ernie starts to look very puzzled. ~I have to ask him something~ he thought.

"Uh; Kit?"; Ernie asked as he runs towards the school and walks right beside him. Kit turns to look at Ernie; a bit puzzled himself.

"Yes?"

"What is Higher for Hire?"; Ernie asked.

"I'll explain after school. Right now I have a math test to do. I'll see ya later young skipper"; Kit said as he walks faster into the building. Math was Kit's favorite subject since math is an important part of his navigation skill used at Higher for Hire.

"He must really like school"; Ernie said without realizing that that goes without saying.

 

It is now 1:02 PM and outside the school gate. Little do Kit and his new found friends know that a certain person was in fact watching them very carefully. So carefully that no one seemed to take notice. He was a white bear that seem to have a blue hue in his otherwise very white fur. The blue hue made him look ice cold. He wore a green shirt; black shorts and white/blue cloak that nearly symbolized his physicial look. He was very tall; about 6' 2" and had icy blue eyes and his hair seemed completely frozen. On his right hip there was a holder and in that holder contain a very sharp katana sword that shined in the light making it looked very polished. On his left hip; there was a blue medium-sized pouch containing unspeakable stuff in there. The man looked like a very well dressed hunter and surprisely his face looked very clean despite looking very ice cold.

The man made his choice to turn around from the school gate and walk across the crosswalk on the street and into the other side. Opposite to the school was Cape Suzette Park; a park in which students use to get home from. The park was nice and clean and had two paths; the right path was completely a wooded path which was thick of trees. The left path was longer; however, it was clearer and had much more light. Some people used the right path as a short-cut in case they were in a hurry. The hunter took the right path; ran for about a minute or so and then hid behind the trees. He couldn't believe what he saw either; however, he didn't show it.

"I've never seen such a kid before;" he said. His voice was unemotional and sounded ice-cold; "No one can do that. I wonder if this is the child that the master would like me to kidnap.". He started to smirk a bit; but it didn't have much emotion behind it.

"Very soon;" he continued;" I, Gregory Masamune; will gain the greatest teasure on earth. People will pay millions for a rare green pearl. This is not just any pearl; it is a pearl that's supposed to grant wisdom beyond anyone's dreams." His smirk was even more evil now!

"Hmmmmm......" he tried to end it with a bang;" Maybe I could use this kid to my advantage and prove why: I'm the biggest terror alive!" He didn't even laugh.

 

School is finally over and Kit along with Ernie, Lars, Scott, Lion, Spot, Will and S.D. were finally outside the school gate. The time is now 3:15 PM and Ernie is looking a little down. He didn't do so well on his spelling test. Lars, Scott, Lion, Spot, Will and S.D. were feeling fine; although they were glad school is over. Kit knew that his work was very far from over and since he was a bearcub of his word; well most of the time anyway. He was ready to showcase his new found life in front of his friends.

"I told ya spelling wasn't my favorite subject;" Ernie said sadly.

"Maybe I can help you a little bit. I've had trouble before; but it's not so hard." Kit said.

"Thanks little skipper!" Ernie said repeating Kit's little saying earlier.

Kit started to blush again. Spot looked at Kit: ~I better ask him before we forget.~ "So; what is Higher for Hire anyway?" asked Spot.

Kit began his explaination;" Higher for Hire is a business; a cargo delivery service which is owned by Rebecca Cunnigham. It was formly known as Baloo's Air Service......"

Ernie stopped him;"You know Baloo?"; he asked in a loud voice. Just about everyone knew Baloo; however Ernie did realize that Kit was so very close to the pear-shaped, grey bear. "The best pilot in the world?" Ernie continued;"WOW!!" ~ This kid got a friend for life!~ he thought with a happy smile.

"Of course I know him!" said Kit who was feeling very cocky and had a slight smirk on his face;" He's the one who saved Cape Suzette from the Air Pirates!!"

However; Kit had a lot to hide even from Ernie. He didn't tell Ernie that he played a major role in the defeat of the Air Pirates. The Air Pirates stole a powerful stone capable of emitting power that can destory; however, when they thought that everything was going their way Kit Cloudkicker came out of nowhere to steal the stone and prevent a possible disaster. If it wasn't for him; Cape Suzette would have been plundered by now and much sooner. It was ironic; since Kit *was* the youngest member of the Air Pirates. ~I should refrain from telling them; I don't know how they will take my life before Baloo.~ he thought. His smile was reduced quite a bit as he thought about some of his past. Lars was getting a bit impatiently; he wanted to know what happened to Baloo's Air Service.

"Kit; I understand that you and Baloo are very close. I was wondering what happened to Baloo's Air Service anyway?"; asked Lars.

Kit was a bit embrassed; only this time it was for Baloo. If there was one thing about Kit's `hard to trust` thing is that Baloo was very lazy most of the time.

"Well......" Kit began with a slightly embrassed tone in his voice trying to tell Ernie without breaking down;" Baloo was late on a few payments for the Seaduck and the Air Service and plane were turned over to Rebecca Cunnigham." Kit's voice changed to some sweetness. He had a lot of respect for Rebecca as a person and always felt that she could prove that women can in fact own businesses. However; Kit's voice turned back to a form that made people think that he was tired of hearing it.

"I don't really like talking about it very much."; Kit ends with a stingy tone. This was a sign that he was still feeling a bit low after what he has gone through already.

"Don't worry about it Kit!"; Scott said smiling from ear to ear;" I wonder; What do you do for Miss Cunningham?"

"I'm Rebecca's navigator"; Kit said with bravado. He was always proud of his job even if he couldn't get his licence for four more years;" I actually keep the Sea Duck on course. And Miss Cunningham thinks that one day I could be her number one pilot!"

Lars knew stories about navigators from his father. ~Kit has no idea how important they are~ he thought.

"Kit; my father is also a pilot"; Lars begins trying to get to the point;" He says that a navigator is actually more important than the pilot. In other words; you've got the most important job at Higher for Hire." Kit felt proud again and he deserved all the praise he got.

The road was clear for them to cross and they all crossed the street together into Cape Suzette Park and they make it to the folk in the road. Most students use the left path since most of the houses were along that path. The right path was designed as a shortcut and Kit was in fact no hurry to get home.

Spot stopped everyone;" Look; I'm a bit late. I have to go to my house and get premission from my mother. I'm taking a little shortcut into the woods. I'll see you in an hour; OK?" Spot was pointing to the right path into the thicker woods.

Ernie has been on this path before and felt that Spot knew what he was doing;"OK; we'll meet you at in an hour at Higher for Hire."

"See you later; Spot!"; Lion said for the first time in more than an hour.

"Okay;" Spot said with a sweet tone.

Kit, Ernie, Lars, S.D., Lion and Scott start walking towards the left path and Spot watched them walk out of view as he takes the wooded right path. Spot felt brave; he always took this way.

 

As Spot walked into the wooded path; he felt for the first time that someone was actaully watching him. The woods used to be something he was so used too; since he was eight years old. ~I'm not going to let this freezing feeling get the best of me!~ he thought with determination. He was finally halfway to his house inside the wooden path and then the unthinkable happened. A white/icy blue hue bear grabs him by the collar from the side. With one quick motion; the bear flipped him so that he was face-to-face with his latest catch and shoves his againest a huge tree The rabbit was shoved hard enough just to stun him for about 30 seconds while the white bear ties him with ropes across the tree. It was Gregory Masamune; however, he didn't know that he kidnapped the wrong kid.

Spot finally starts to stir and realizes he's been captured;" Hey; Let me go!". He was screaming and trying to squirm out of the ropes. However; it was no use. The ropes were simply too tight.

Gregory looked at his captive and finally realized that this was not the bearcub;" Wait a second! You're not the one the master wanted. I'm looking for a small bearcub. Do you know who he is?"

Spot was very angry now. He didn't like strangers; let alone people who sounded very unemotional;" None...of.....your.....business!" he screamed loudly. However; no one could hear him expect Masamune.

Gregory started to smirk coldly;"Stubborn little bunny; aren't ya? I do admire that out of a little kid. Now; who's the bearcub? You had better talk!"

Spot was so angry that he was about to make his big mistake......

"Make me! I dare you! I honestly double dare ya!" Spot yelled with no regard for his well being.

Gregory was smirking and his smile was so evil. He looked right into Spot's green eyes and waited almost 15 seconds to prepare himself for his departing swan song;"With Pleasure!!"

Spot felt a huge clutch of panic as he looked right into Masamune's icy blue eyes. They told a huge tale: He didn't care about anything or anybody. If Masamune does what Spot thinks he is going to do; then Spot knew he was going to experience something that he wasn't going to like at all. Spot just hung there waiting to see the certain doom that would befall him.........

 

It is now 3:21 PM. Kit et ali were walking down the left path towards the city of Cape Suzette when they made it to a medium-sized red house with a beautiful cabbage garden. To the right; there was a white shed with the name "Mr. Thursday, #4306" in gold letters beside the door of the shed which was in plain view. Will Thursday stopped the group;" Ah; here we are. My home! Did I ever tell ya that my father is a dectetive?" he said with a proud smirk.

"I actually know Mr. Thursday very well;" Kit said in tribute to him;"Thursday and I were trying to keep a criminal from entering Cape Suzette. I used to be a bad speller."

"Uh; Kit?"; S.D. asked very nicely;" I promised Will and Thursday that I would meet him today. I won't be long; I'll see you in 30 minutes."

"And I need premission from my father anyway;" Will added;" You know my father. He does everything by the book. But compared to other officers; he is pretty colorful."

"Yeah; I can see why"; Kit said proudly. He respected Thursday a lot more now after the spelling incident a few weeks ago.

"See you in a half hour little skipper!"; S.D. said in the same type of mock that Ernie gave to Kit eariler. Kit began to blush again; he was for the very first time enjoying friends of his friends. Most of his friends were either adults or were children much younger than his own age.

Kit, Ernie, Lars, Scott and Lion continued on the left path while S.D. and Will watched them go. ~Wait until I tell my dad about this kid. He's so great!~ Will thought. S.D. thought about the same thing. Someone finally came out of the red house and the door shuts with a light slam. A dog with the same beige color as Will; wearing a trench coat and a hat. He almost looked like a 1930's reporter expect that he was a dectetive. Known as Derek Thursday; the most colorful member of the law in Cape Suzette. He saw Will and S.D. on the sidewalk near the road.

"Ah; Will! How was your day today? Oh; S.D. thank you for coming!" Thursday always loved to ask many questions. S.D. shaked Thursday's left hand in tribute as well as respect. A few years ago S.D. give Derek a huge lead in a high-profile case that lead to the case being solved. Derek and S.D. always met everyday to talk about their day. ~I wish I told Kit about my relationship with Derek~ he thought.

"I had a wonderful day, Dad!" Will said with a very happy smile;" I made a new friend today. He is so wonderful I could just explode. I've never met a person who could play soccer like he did."

"Oh really; son?"; Thursday said with a slightly puzzled look on his kisser;"Aren't ya extending this a bit too far?"

~He's don't believe us. No surprise here.~ S.D. thought. Derek was the toughest to impress.

"Will's right Mr. Thursday"; S.D. said in defence of his friend;" I've never seen a boy kick a soccerball as hard or as fast as he has. He even kicked the ball while doing a backflip and landing on his feet to boot."

Derek sounded a bit impressed; but not much,"Really?"

"Yes; His name is Kit Cloudkicker"; S.D. answered.

Thursday realized the name right away;"I know him! A bright little bearcub; he helped saved the city from a meance. One day; I'll tell you all about it; although he wasn't a very good speller the last time I saw him."

"Dad; Kit *has* improved very much; despite the fact that he felt a bit depressed."; Will stated.

Thursday knew Kit was going through some rough times;" I very proud of you and S.D. for making Kit feel a lot better. That's a part of what ture friendship is all about."

S.D. wanted to add something;" Not just me and your son. He's also made friends with Ernie, Lars, Lion, Scott and Spot........"

Just before S.D. can finish his statement; the threesome can hear laughing in the woods. Derek thought it was Will laughing.

"Will, S.D.; I didn't think it was that funny. I think that it is very good to have friends"; Derek said sharply.

"I'm not laughing";S.D. said firmly. The laughter was getting louder and sounded very high pitched.

"I'm not laughing either"; Will said in the same firm voice as S.D. The laughing also sounded very unatural. Like someone was being tickled.......

"NO!.......Please!......No!....STOP IT!......I can't stand it!"; the voice screamed. The laughing was even louder and that started to send chills down the spine of Will, Derek and S.D. S.D. realized the scream almost right away and almost started to panic;" Oh my gosh! That's Spot! He took a shortcut to get premission from his mother."

"I warned him not to use that shortcut; its so dangerous because of the lack of light." Thursday said firmly.

"Forget that. Let's go; we have a path at the back of the house and leads towards the wooded path! Not a moment to lose!"; Will said. The trio went around the back of the red house and started on a sandy path towards the wooded path where Spot was tied up.........

 

  "Please!......NO!"; Spot was screaming and his was continuing to laugh very hard. Gregory Masamune took out a black feather from his pouch and began to tickle Spot's feet.Spot was a very tickish bunny; even though he was pretty tough in his own right. Spot continued to giggle and tried to kick his feet in order to evade that feather. The bad news was that after about 30 seconds or so; Spot's legs began to go completely numb on him and was unable to plant the soles of his feet againest the tree in time. His legs were now completely in midair and now Spot was completely helpless and defenseless. ~I've got him now~ Masamune thought with an evil smirk that was zoned in on Spot's face.

"Now are you going to tell me who that bearcub is; or are you saying that you like me to still your dear heart;" Gregory said in a mock;" I'm sure your friends wouldn't like that." Masamune continued to be relentless on Spot's feet and Spot was laughing even harder.

Spot couldn't even think other than the fact that if he didn't talk now; Gregory Masamune would basically tickle him to death. Masamune looked so cold with that he was willing to kill him. But that was the last thing since he was laughing and screaming.

"Ok!......OK! I'll.....tell you!"; Spot screaming and laughing harder than ever. Tears were running down his face;" The..... boy's name is..... Kit Cloudkicker......" Spot continued to laugh as Gregory poured it on Spot's feet even more.

Spot laughing harder and with his eyes closed;" He's......just a friend...... of mine,....he can surf the.......clouds!!!"; Spot was crying and laughing at the same time in such a hard way that he almost felt his own heart begin to stop. However; Masamune wouldn't stop tickling him.

"Please STOP!!" Spot screaming even louder now;" I CAN'T STAND IT! HAVE A HEART!! I'M TELLING THE TURTH!! HONEST LORD; THAT'S ALL I KNOW!!". Masamune finally took the feather away from Spot's feet and put it back in his pouch. Spot was breathing very heavily; gasping for breath and tears were running down his cheeks. He felt completely defeated and he couldn't even drop his legs down since they were still very numb from him trying to kick the feather out of Masamune's hands and evading the tickling.

"Thank you!"; Gregory said. He had not changed his emotion since he first tied Spot to the tree;" You did the right thing. By the way; the name is Gregory Masamune". He started to smirk again.

"Oh! You did make a good 'Tickle-Me Bunny'!"; He laughed for the first time in a very long while. The laugh was so evil and low-pitched that it sent chills down Spot's spine. Spot thought he was going to be tickled again......

"Goodbye; little skipper!!"; he ended with a higher-pitched giggle almost similar to Kit's. He then turned and ran further into the woods until Spot could no longer see him.

S.D., Will and Derek finally made it to the tree where Spot was tied-up. All three were surprised that Spot was still alive after he was tickled.

"Spot!; Are you okay?"; asked S.D. . Thursday manages to find the knot that sercued the rope to the tree and he unties Spot. Spot falls to the ground on his seat; unable to land on his feet since they were sore from being tickled-tortured and his legs being numb from the excessive kicking he did to avoid being tickled.

"No; I'm not 'okay'!"; Spot was very angry now, more so for Masamune than for S.D.;" My legs are completely numb. That cowardly bear! He tied me up and tickled me!" He pointed to his feet.

Derek thought about Kit for a second; but felt that even he couldn't stoop that low.

"I cannot understand why your blaming Kit for this;" Thursday said firmly. S.D. agreed;"Yeah; Kit was with Ernie when I last saw him......" Spot stops him in mid sentance.

"Who said it was Kit?" Spot said in a defensive tone to Kit's good name;" It wasn't him. This bear is white in color and he was as cold as ice. He didn't even flinch while he was tickling me. The bear calls himself Gregory Masamune."

Will realized the name right away. It sounded so familiar;" I know that bear quite well. Daddy told me about him; right?" Will looks at his father with reassuring eyes.

Derek nodded;" Yes my son. I have been trying to capture him for years now. He is wanted on charges of murder. He is one huge coward; although not nearly as huge as Baloo." Derek does chuckle once in awhile in order to regain his thought process some more.

Derek continued;" However; something does bother me though. Greg *does* kill his victims. But; why is he letting his victims go after tormenting them. Even more strange: why would he do something as childish as tickling a kid's feet? It's not like Masamune."

S.D. wondered about Kit. ~I wonder if Kit's tickish? If so he's in *BIG* trouble~ he thought with a very worried look on his face. Spot tried to feel his legs and sure enough; his legs finally stopped being numb and was able to stand up with a bit of a wobble.

"I don't know;" Will said a bit stunned himself like his father;" Can you walk all right now Spot?"

Spot does manage to walk around freely; however, he still had a bit of a limp. His legs are not at 100%.

"Yes;" Spot stated;" It's just that my feet are sore from the tickling. The hunter is after Kit. I don't know why?"

Derek felt a huge clutch of panic. Since Masamune seemly didn't care about `human` life; Derek knew that any time wasted would give Masamune time to devise a plan and kidnap Kit; toture him and then kill him.

"It doesn't matter why;" Thursday exclaimed;" Kit is in very serious danger. We have got to stop Gregory before Kit's......" S.D. stops him.

"DON'T SAY IT!"; S.D. said coldly;" Not a moment to lose."

"Will; S.D. said that Ernie Mandate was with Kit right?"; Derek asked his son.

"Yes Dad?"; Will answered.

"I want you to go find Sara Mandate; his mother. Tell her that Ernie might be danger because of Gregory Masamune and to meet us at "Higher for Hire" in 15 minutes. Got it?"; Derek asks.

"Got it;" Will answers back with the same tone and leaves the same way the trio entered when they found Spot. S.D. and Derek went further into the woods in the same direction running as fast as they can. Spot decided to jog from behind since his feet were still sore.

 

Gregory Masamune was nearing the edge of the woods now. He looked happier than ever before. He now knew that bearcub was more special now then ever before.

"So that bunny does know him!"; Masamune said with an evil smirk;" Now; for my plan. And this is *dead-easy*. I rent a plane; contact this "Higher for Hire" and let them deliver my tools to the island of TerraStone. Then; when Kit and his kid friends are alone and do not expect it; I'll kidnap them! This is going to be fun!" Masamune started to laugh and it was turely evil.

 

It was now 4:00 PM and the docks at Higher for Hire were pretty quiet with the only conversation happening between a mountain lion and a fat pear-shaped bear. Next to the two men; was the beautiful Conwing L-16 which was known to everyone at Higher for Hire as the "SeaDuck". The grey pear-shaped bear; who was very fat; wore a yellow pilot shirt and the trademark pilot's red hat. People in the know called him Baloo Bear; the best pilot in the world. Although some people do consider him a slob; a friend considers him his savior. The mountain lion was known as Wildcat; who wore light-colored overall and an orange visor. He *was* pretty seedy to say the least; he sometimes says the wrong things. However; he has a pure heart and can fix anything from plane engines to rotary-dial telephones. Wildcat carried a wrench and was currently checking out the right propeller on the Sea Duck.

"Uhh; Baloo!"; WildCat said with the usual sweet voice;" I believe that you've got a gear loose in this propeller."

Now Baloo was already starting to get impatient. The last thing he needed was a slight problem with a certain boss already licking at his heels.

"Oh, great!"; Baloo grumbled;" Just what I need. If I cannot get off the ground smoothly; Ol' boss lady's gonna blow a gasket."

"It's not that serious Baloo......"; Wildcat stopped like he had seen something.

"It coulda been worse;" a voice said from nowhere;" You could have blown the engine."

"Wildcat?" asked Baloo;" Are you taking voice lessons again?"

"No; I don't believe so.... What are voice lessons?"

"Never mind;" said Baloo as he heard giggling from behind him. Baloo turns around to see five kids trying to hold back their giggles. Baloo then started the act surprised; one of them was a bearcub wearing a green sweater and backward baseball cap. Someone he actually knew.

"Kit!" Baloo started; looking stunned;" How did you do that? I didn't even hear ya coming."

Kit looked pretty cocky;"I walked on little-cat's feet. Wasn't expecting it; huh Poppa Bear?"

Baloo chuckled a bit as he grabs Kit gently by the hips and raises Kit up to Baloo's eye level so they could see eye-to-eye;" I guess not Litl' Britches; you look happy today!" Kit wraps his arms around Baloo's neck and they hugged for a good 15 seconds.While this was going on; a medium-sized brown plane landed near the left side of the Higher for Hire building. This was the rental plane of Gregory Masamune. He jumps out of the plane and gives a quick glance at the party who doesn't even notice him. ~ Soon; they'll wish they did notice me.~ Masamune thought was an evil smile. He walks towards the Higher for Hire office and goes inside. Baloo then sets Kit back on his feet on the dock. Ernie looked very emotionial.

"You guys are pretty close; almost like father and son;" Ernie said. Ernie did look sad though. ~I wish I had a father like Kit has now.~ Ernie thought sadly. If only Ernie knew....

"Oops! I almost forgot;" Baloo continued;" Kit; why don't you introduce all of your friends? They all seem like very nice kids."

For a first time in a long while; Kit felt very excited;" Sure Baloo! The orange cat behind me is Ernie Mandate."

Ernie steps forward and shakes Baloo's very large grey hand;" Please to meet ya; the greatest pilot in the world!"

Baloo took the tribute very well;" Why thank you!". He started to chuckle good-heartly.

Kit started to introduce the others, pointing to each kid;" The others here are Lars; Scott and Lion." Each kid; one by one shook Baloo's left hand and each said;" Please to meet you."

Baloo started to feel excited for a change;" Oh, baby! This is great. I see that you finally found some friends your age Litl' Britches."

Kit blushed yet again;" Yeah. Poppa Bear; where is my airboard anyway?"

"Just a minute"; Baloo said.

Baloo went into the SeaDuck for about 30 seconds and then came back out carry a grey metal-like object. "Here ya go Kit-boy!"

"Thanks Poppa Bear!"; Kit said with a excited tone. The kids watched Kit very carefully and observed Kit's toy.With a simple flick of the wrist; Kit open the airboard with a click. The board was almost as tall as he was and was shaped like a boomerang. Ernie was very surprised.

"Baloo; does Kit really surf the clouds?" Ernie asked.

"Yes he does. The first time I met him; I was as suprised as you were."; Baloo said. That statement made Kit blush again. Kit decides to change the subject. ~Enough talking about cloudsurfing. I've something important to tell Poppa Bear~ he thought.

"Ummm... Baloo....."; Kit started;" There is something that I'd like to tell you. Something very......"

Kit was about to finish his dialogue when.....

"BALOO!" an angry female voice rocked the Higher for Hire dock;" Get in here you big lug!" Baloo, Kit and his friends begin to turn around. Standing outside the office was a female bear wearing a red turtle-neck sweater; a white shirt underneath and violet pants. This is Rebecca Cunningham; the owner of Higher for Hire. She took over Baloo's Air Service and the SeaDuck after Baloo was too late on several payments. Her arms were folded and she looked very angry; although she was even more cross than before.

"I'm coming Becky. Hold ya bacon for a second;" Baloo snapped back as he walks towards Rebecca and the office of Higher of Hire grumbling. He really disliked how Rebecca does business. Normally; Rebecca would allow Baloo usage of the name Becky slide (she hates being called that). However; the last few weeks have been so frustrating for her she wasn't going to let anything slide. Or so it seems......

"For the last time;" she yelled;" The name's Rebecca not Becky!" However; she then takes a quick glance and sees Kit with Ernie et ali. ~ I shouldn't have said that in front of children. That's not professional.~ she thought as she began to change gears.

"Oh; hello Kit;" she said with sweetness and haste in her voice;" Could you tell your friends to wait inside please. I would like you to come in as well."

"On my way; Ms. Cunningham;" Kit responsed with determination. He was always ready to help her boss when needed. Kit then walks towards the office while Ernie, Lars, Scott and Lion decided to stay behind but walked close enough to the office so that they could hear what's going on.

Rebecca felt a bit better. ~ Kit; you are so sweet. I wish Baloo was like you; then he would know that I'm doing the right thing.~ she thought sweetly. Rebecca walks back into the office with Baloo close behind grumbling and looking annoyed. ~ Why is Becky so nice to Kit and not to me.~ he thought with a grumble. He was annoyed at Rebecca for changing gears on him.

Ernie was giggling very low;" I think she like ya Kit;" he said in a low voice that only Kit could hear.

Lars was also giggling;" She looks like *your* girlfriend to me."

Despite the fact that Ernie and Lars were pretty cocky kids; there was some truth in Ernie's statement. Rebecca's relationship with Kit is a lot deeper than it seems on the surface. If there was one thing about Ms. Cunningham; is that she in fact loves Kit as if he was her very own son. However; she's afraid to show it or to openly admit it to Kit because she *feels* that it might interfere with her business. It *is* not uncommon for Rebecca to take Kit's side; defending him even for things Kit does wrong such as the Dan Dawson nightmare suffered a while back. Not to mention that she was the only one who saw though Kit's 'betrayal" of Baloo when Kit stole the power stone a few months ago. She knew from the beginning that Kit was pretending to betray her and her friends to save them from the Air Pirates. On the other hand; Kit doesn't seem to mind Rebecca's treatment of him and he also respects Rebecca's wishes not to openly admit her love to Kit. Kit believes that she deserves to run a business. Then again; maybe because there *were* no women on the Iron Vulture.Kit was a bit annoyed about Rebecca being his *girlfriend*. Kit was too young and too busy to even think about a girlfriend at this time;" Me and Rebecca are only employee and employer. We respect our positions; no more, no less. I do like her; don't get me wrong. But not in that context." He went straight into the office; feeling a bit down for only a second.

~Sure it is!~ Ernie thought as he was giggling low. ~Me too!~ Lars thought in response; also trying to hold back his giggles. Scott and Lion were a bit confused; they weren't impressed with the subject of love.

"I don't think that's very funny;" Lion said quietly to Scott.

"Agreed. But at least Kit and Rebecca get along well;" Scott said back.

"That's ture;" Lion ended;" Let's listen in...."

Lion, Lars, Scott and Ernie agreed to turn their furry ears to the inside walls of Higher for Hire and listen into a day in the life of Kit Cloudkicker.

 

It is now 4:15 PM inside the hanger-like office of Higher for Hire. It is a very clean office as you would expect from a business genius like Miss Cunningham. Rebecca is currently sitting in her chair which is behind the desk and she is facing the cold-hearted white bear hunter; Gregory Masamune. Baloo is standing to the right of Rebecca still grumbling from the fact that she changed gears on him. Rebecca gives Baloo a nudge to tell him to stop grumbling in front of her customers. Kit is standing next to a golden young girl bear no more than six years old. She wore blue overalls, a pink shirt and blue ribbons around her ears. Known as Molly Cunningham; the energy-happy child. Kit is currently showing how beautiful his new plastic yellow compass was to her. Rebecca ; despite her stern attitude didn't mind Kit playing with Molly since they were kids and Molly doesn't really have a big brother to play with. On the other hand; Kit hasn't had a real sister either. Gregory Masamune took a quick glance at Molly. ~I never realized that she had such love for this bearcub.~ he thought coldly. Molly took a quick glance at him and her eyes told the story; ~This guy looks creepy.~ she thought. She was a very smart little girl despite her age and like most children; rarely lies. However; she decided to wait until Rebecca was finished before reacting........

Rebecca was looking more cheerful;" May I help you sir?" Masamune took his eyes off of Molly and looked into Rebecca's eyes trying to stop being so cold for a few minutes. Molly got back to Kit who was showing her the compass. ~Sorry; Kit. Something's fishy going around here.~ she thought. Then she went back to glancing at Gregory Masamune.

"Yes."; Gregory responsed and both bears extended their hands and shook them. Rebecca looked a bit puzzled. ~His hand.... It feels so cold; like touching a man made of ice.~ Rebecca thought. ~But I cannot pass judgement on this guy. He's a customer after all.~ Gregory Masamune knew that Rebecca would respond that way; but didn't react.

"I need your help into delivering some cargo for me." he ended with a sweet tone that sounded quite fake.

"That what we do here at Higher for Hire. We deliever on time;" Rebecca said cheerfully. Baloo looked pretty cross at Becky. ~You're crazy Beckers!~ he thought. However; he said nothing.

"What kind of cargo do you want delivered?" she asked. However; Gregory didn't respond right away because he seemed distracted; glancing at Kit before finally coming back to his senses.

"Ah! Yes; Miss Cunningham"; Gregory said a bit embrassed;" I have a huge statch of tools that I need delivered. My plane is simply too small to carry it....."

Baloo looked a bit cross;" Why don't ya buy a bigger plane?"

Big mistake!

"BALOO!"; Rebecca said with a very angry tone. ~I cannot afford to lose another customer~ she thought.

However; Gregory was smiling;" That's all right! Very soon I will be able to afford a bigger plane." Rebecca began to calm down and no words were spoken for 10 seconds.

"Where do you want the cargo delievered?" she asked.

Gregory went into his pouch and took out a folded-up map and places it on her desk. He un-folded the map and pointed to a C-shaped island.

"This is the island of TerraStone. That's where I want my tools delievered. I'm looking for......."; before Masamune could finish his dialogue there was a loud crash and everyone turns to see that Kit had dropped the compass that he was showing to Molly.

Kit is in total shock. ~I can't believe this! This nightmare is starting all over again.~ he thought with a huge amount of panic. Kit just gives a quick; upsetting glance at everyone; looking totally shocked and ending with a glance at Gregory. Kit then pushes Masamune aside and runs out the door and out of the office looking awfully upset.

Ernie was looking outside and sees Kit running;" Kit; what's wrong?"; he asked. But Kit passes him like he wasn't there and runs to the western part of Higher for Hire where Gregory's rental brown plane is there. Ernie and his train follow him to that side as well.

Meanwhile inside the office; Rebecca went over to the slightly shook up Molly and picked up the plastic compass. It was undamaged. "At least he didn't break anything...." she said sadly and softly.

Baloo looked at Rebecca unimpressed;" What got into my navigtor all of a sudden?"

Rebecca then looked at Masamune and saw that he was still there;" Gregory; I'm sorry for Kit acting this way. He's usually a very polite little boy. But; I sometimes wonder what gets him like that."

Baloo looked very annoyed now. He was getting sick and tired of Rebecca defending Kit all the time.

Gregory knew what Kit was hiding now;" He must have twitched a nerve when I said 'Terra Stone'. Don't worry; I'll find him! Maybe he can help me." Masamune then turned around and walks out of the office and had a evil-like smile. ~This is going to be dead-easier than I thought! They ran to where my rental plane is.~ he thought. Molly; who was glancing at Masamune the whole time looked at her mother.

"That guy looks creepy!" said Molly in a stubborn tone. Rebecca saw Molly's arms folded and looking a bit annoyed. Becky took Molly by the hips and hugs her.

"I do agree that he is a bit cold honey;" she responded;" When I shaked his hand it felt cold like ice water." She then sets Molly on her feet on the wooden floor of the office.

Rebecca continued;"However; I cannot deny a customer's wishes because of that. It is not good for business."

Molly looked a bit remorseful;" I understand Mommy;" she then changed her mood to looking very happy;" I'm going to see Wildcat right now!" ~I'm going to check out this Masamune creep.~ she thought. Molly always had a plan; no matter how far-fetched it is.

"Okay honey;" Rebecca said cheerfully; not aware of Molly's plan;" I'm sure he would enjoy your company." Molly then turns around and exits the office. Baloo is ticked-off now.

"Becky; I'm getting sick and tired of you defending him like that. If I ran out like that; you would fire me on the spot. Instead; you just let him go."; Baloo said as his voice got rougher.

Rebecca tried to act calm and professional;" Kit doesn't need anyone to defend him. He can defend himself; he's proven that in the past. But; he's still just 12 years old. A *little* kid. It's normal for me to act this way." ~It's also because I love him Baloo. I wish you would understand that. Just like you love him.~ she thought.

Baloo got even madder now;" So; you're saying that you actually spoil him!" Rebecca was starting to get angry now; but only a little.....

Baloo continued his unfit rage on Miss Cunningham;" Well that explains why Kit did those crazy stunts back there a few months ago; isn't it?" Rebecca was completely fed up; she resented that comment. With one complete motion she pushed Baloo and pinned the fat-grey bear to a near wall of the office. But not hard enough that the wall would break.

"Let me tell you something buster!!"; she screamed;" You are this close of losing your plane. I'm warning you: Don't you dare talk to Kit or my employee or my customers that way ever again. Disobey me; and you can kiss your 'care-free' lifestyle goodbye! Do I make myself perfectly clear?"

For the first time Baloo was looking scared right in front of a lady. ~I really did it this time~ he thought. There was then five seconds of slience.

"Crystal; Beckers!" he responsed looking scared.

Rebecca finally lets go of Baloo and finally calms herself down;" Thank you." She returned to her chair and sat down. Then a funny thing happened......

"Oh; and one more thing?" she asked with a sweet tone in her voice.

"Yes?"; Baloo asked looking puzzled.

"The name's Rebecca; not Becky!" she ended firmly.

~ I knew I couldn't get away with it.~ he thought.

 

It is now 4:25 PM on the western hidden side of Higher for Hire. Gregory Masamune's rental plane; is on the water next to the dock. There sat Kit on a cargo box; rolled up into a ball and looking very sad. ~Why me? Why does it always have to happen to me?~ he thought sadly.Then he looked up towards the docks and saw Ernie, Lars, Scott, and Lion walking together. He then put his head between his legs again. Ernie saw Kit like this and looked very worried.

"Kit; is there something wrong? You looked completely spooked when that man said 'Terra Stone'"; asked Ernie.

Although Kit didn't like to talk about it; Ernie was a kid after all. Kit did have an affection for kids and felt he had nothing to lose. He had to tell Ernie his past. ~Well; here goes nothing.~ he thought.

"Ernie, there is something I have to tell you....."; he said looking sad;" I'm not the angel you think I am."

"Aw; that's alright Kit;" Scott said in response;" We're not excatly angels either."

"Scott; its not that simple;" Kit responsed with a deep sigh;" I *do* know something about that place..."

"There's nothing to be embrassed about Kit;" Lars said cheerfully;" Many people know about this island. It's location....."

"But Lars; I know its location, the entrance to the lost city of TerraStone and even its teasure; the green pearl known as the Pearl of Wisdom;" Kit said with a little anger in his voice. More like frusration to Lion......

"How do you know so much; you must be real smart;" said Lion.

"No; I'm not that smart. I've been to TerraStone; all by myself;" Kit said with no bravado. He was not proud of that at all.

"You're lying!" Ernie felt that what he did was impossible;" I've heard stories of this island. It's too dangerous! Baloo and Rebecca would never let you go to a place like that."

"I know it sounds impossible; but its ture;" Kit said with a deep sigh. While Kit and his friends talked about Kit's behavior; Masamune turns the corner and watches the kids quietly. Nobody sees him coming. ~This is dead-easier than even I thought.~ he thought paitently.

"Baloo's *not* my dad and Rebecca's not *my* mother;" Kit said as he puts his hands on top of Ernie's shoulders;" I never had a family. Look; you and your friends are very lucky people."

"What do you mean by that?" Ernie asked;" I don't get it."

"It just that I've seen a lot for my age. Maybe way too much; you see I'm an orphan;" he began. Ernie for the first time; couldn't believe his ears. He decided to reserve judgement until Kit finished his story. ~We do have something in common; not quite. But still very close.~ he thought in the back of his mind. Scott and Lion sat down beside him while Lars and Ernie remained standing.

Kit continued looking Ernie straight into his green eyes;"Four years ago; I ran away from the orphanage and I found out the hard way of life almost right away. Even if I don't have any regrets; I wanted to learn how to fly more than anything. I went from port town to port town looking for any kind of work. I had to sleep in hangers, under docks, even on doorsteps. I've been beaten up, tormented and a few times came very close to meeting death. The reason: just to make enough money to survive. This is the first time; I've felt really happy. Its just that there are events that I'm not proud of that I don't like telling you. I'm sorry Ernie; but its ture."

He finally lets go of Ernie and sits back down and looked down at the ground. Ernie et ali finally saw an element in Kit that they never saw. ~This kid *is* special~ they all thought at the same time. They realized that compared to Kit's life; their lives were both boring and too easy. However; they also felt Kit was being honest on his past.

"Kit....."; Ernie began slowly;" You are one amazing kid. It's ok; there's nothing wrong with you. I believe you now; its that honest tone in your voice. I should be the one being sorry; I deserve it."

Kit looked up with a half smile;" Thanks little skipper. Don't feel bad."

Ernie got back to his original question;"Thank you Kit. So what about this island of TerraStone?"

"YEAH; WHAT ABOUT IT?"; a voice mocked Ernie. The voice sounded cold and with a creepy echo.

"Ernie; are you trying to be funny?" asked Lars.

"No; but I think someone else is....". Ernie, Kit, Lars, Scott and Lion turned their backs towards the dock and they saw Gregory Masamune with a very evil smile.

"YOU MUST BE GREGORY MASAMUNE!"; they all shouted." Gregory Masamune glanced at each kid and then went into his pouch and took out a ball- like container.

"And you must be Kit Cloudkicker. An honour to meet you;" he waited almost 2 seconds."AND TAKE MY GREETING!"; he shouted back as he threw the container near the feet of Kit and Ernie. The container breaks and some sort of orange-colored gas comes out of it. Masamune covers his face with is own cloak as the kids noses started to twitch.

"It smells sweet; like SLEEPING GAS!"; he screamed. The smell was so over-whelming that no one could get past it. Everyone starts to cough and feel dizzy; and all expect Kit started to close their eyes.

However; Kit continues to fight the gas;"What.....are.....you......doing?!" he said as Lars falls asleep on the dock with a huge thud, Scott falls on top of Lars' midsection, followed by Lion and then Ernie.

Then Kit's eyes began to close, the gas was simply too strong;".... You..... won't....get......away....with.....;" before Kit could say his last word, he drops like a fly and is now face-down. Asleep. The gas finally cleared and Gregory was able to take the cloak away from his cold face. He then opened the portable cargo hold inside the rental plane. It was big enough to carry cargo; and also good enough to carry five prisoners.

"This worked better than I thought;" he said. He bented down and with a huge amount of strength managed to lift Lars and Scott up and placed them into the hold of the plane.While this was going on; Molly Cunningham managed to find the western side of Higher for Hire and quietly sees a horror story begin to unfold. She saw Masamune put Lion and Ernie into the cargo hold as well very gently. ~ I don't want to hurt them.~ he thought. And then Molly finally saw that Kit; her big brother, was competely knocked out cold. ~Kit's being kidnapped. I knew that man was creepy. I gonna tell my Mommy!~ she thought as she quietly took a step back; fearing that she would be kidnapped too and then when she felt that she was competely out of Masamune's line of sight and ran back towards the office. Not that it mattered anyway; Masamune never even saw Molly since he was too busy. Finally; Gregory put Kit into the cargo hold making sure that the kids were comfortable. Luckly; the hold wasn't airtight so the kids were able to breathe. Masamune closes the door; jumps into his rental plane and starts the engines.

"Phase one is complete. Phase two will not be as dead-easy as I thought. It's time to extract information from them;" Gregory laughed ;"Very soon; the Pearl of Wisdom shall be mine and I'll crush Cape Suzette as well as the master!" He took the stick and took off successfully into the wild blue yonder to the island of TerraStone; a mystical place that Kit knew for years. However; he and his friends are in for the worst nightmare of their lives......

 
	END OF CHAPTER ONE.....
 


Chapter Two

Return to TerraStone Summary and Purpose

Return to Kit Cloudkicker Fanfics Page

Return to the Unofficial Kit Cloudkicker Homepage


Special Thanks to 50 Webs for providing space for this webpage. Click here to find out how you can get your free homepage and 60 Megabytes of webspace.