Return to 50 Webs.

The Terror of TerraStone

Chapter Two


Back in Rebecca's office; Baloo and Rebecca were studying the map when they started to hear a squeaky girl voice screaming 'Mommy, Mommy!'. Molly Cunningham started to run into the office; breathing very heavily and looked very scared. Rebecca stood up and went to Molly as she gently crashed into Rebecca's arms. She picked up Molly and hugged her.

"Molly? Is there something wrong?" she asked.

"Mommy! Kit.....Kit....."; Molly said in a voice that was so quick that Rebecca couldn't even make out what she was saying.

"Whoa;Button Nose!" Baloo said sweetly;" Slow down my dear! You been running so hard that you're not making a lot of sense." Molly paused for a moment to catch her breath and then started to speak slower....

"Mommy!" she said with a tear coming down her cheek;" Kit.....Kit is in trouble! That creepy man has kidnapped him and his friends!"

Rebecca looked a bit cross. The last thing she needed was to lose another customer.

"Molly, are you lying to me again?" she said;" I cannot afford to lose customers now. Masamune must have yet to find them. And besides; you said that you were going to meet WildCat?"

"But; I'm not fibbing Mommy!" she yelled and tears turned into anger.

"If you didn't lie; then why did you try to follow him?"; Rebecca started to get angry.

"Because she knew that man's a criminal!" a voice rang out and that cracked the debate completely.

Rebecca looks up and sees Derek Thursday standing just inside the office of Higher for Hire along with Spot, S.D., Will and a cheetah woman wearing blue pants and a purple sweater and had light brown hair. She was about the same height of Thursday and her orange fur shine through the light with beautiful energy; not to mention her black little square-like nose. Rebecca was very ticked off now.

"How dare you?! What business do you have here; Thursday?! And how dare you insult my customer like that?!" Rebecca was yelling now.

"Easy Beckers!" Baloo said calmly;" Let Thursday speak..... he's helped us before."

"Excuse me;" Spot said in a tone similar to Kit's sweet talk that he gives to Rebecca;" Miss Cunningham; Molly is right. The man that came into your office is known as Gregory Masamune. He's wanted for many counts of murder and considered a killer."

Rebecca realized her mistake; she couldn't take any more chances even if her navigator was turely in trouble. She didn't want to put herself into a situation where she might be in part; responsable for Kit's "death". She started to calm down to the point of being firm.

"If you have any proof that Masamune is a criminal...."; said Rebecca firmly.

"I have here a bio on Masamune"; Derek stated;" And we found this when we came in. Molly led us right to the area where the kids were kidnapped." Derek gave Rebecca a piece of paper in her left hand and the broken container that contained sleeping gas before; in her right hand.

Rebecca started reading the piece of paper and with each passing second was starting to look more and more stunned. ~What have I done! This is all my fault! If I hadn't been just caring about the business; my bestest of best friend wouldn't be.......~ she thought with a bitter look on her face; she couldn't even think about it. She turned around and faced Derek looking stunned.

"I had no idea that.....that...this person was so.....so...."; Rebecca somehow couldn't finish her dialogue; embrassed of allowing a killer to deliever his tools to that island and to search for Kit; knowing that Masamune was after him for something.

"EVIL?!"; Baloo asked; looking a bit angry.

"That's the word Baloo"; Rebecca said sadly;" Derek; I'm sorry that I over-reacted. I've been having trouble with my business lately and....."

Derek stopped her;" It's my fault. I've been trying to catch this cold-blooded man for six years now and.... Oooops; I forgot to give you proof of the warrant." He trys to hand the warrant for Masamune's arrest; however, Rebecca shakes her head.

"I don't need to look at a warrant;" she said firmly;" I think this bio will suffice enough as proof." She then turned her attention to the two little kids next to Derek's right.

"Sorry; I was a bit rude and I didn't get to ask your names. You must also be friends of my navigator...."; Rebecca said gently to Spot, S.D. and Will. Baloo was growing more and more impatient.

Spot decided to start;" My name is Spot Lanszer. I already know what Masamune can do; however, its very strange." Spot clears his throat before continuing and Baloo is starting to grumble quite a bit.

"I was going to get premission from my mother to see you; when Gregory grabbed me, threatened me, tied me to a tree and then he tickled me. He wanted to know if that was Kit Cloudkicker.....I had no choice; but to tell him." Spot ended.

Baloo's grumbling turned into worry. He remember a few months after he and Kit met; a parrot got stuck in his plane and offered Kit a chance to get a huge teasure from a rich man who perished many years ago. However; an ugly sence occured when the Air Pirates tied Kit up to a tree and started tickling his feet for no real reason other than to get to the parrot. Baloo knew that Kit was a very tough young man and very stubborn; he can stand up to Don Karnage and his band of cowards. However; even Kit himself in all of his toughness cannot stand being tickled for very long. Baloo has had nightmares at times seeing his best friend laughing, screaming and even kicking when those Air Pirates started to swipe that feather across the bottom of Kit's feet.... In almost that thought Baloo's worry started to turn back into rage again...

"I'm S.D. Vrayer;" S.D. said as he points to himself and then Will;" This is Will Thursday; the son of Derek Thursday. I've helped Thursday solve a case for him at one time...."

Before S.D. could finish his dialogue; Baloo finally showed signs that he was completely fed up. There was a young employee to save......His bestest of best friend....

"ENOUGH OF THE SWEET TALK!" Baloo screamed with his voice sounded rougher than a rocky road; "I'M NOT GOING TO STAND BY AND WAIT! THAT MY NAVIGATOR....NO! MY BEST FRIEND WHO IS IN TROUBLE HERE....SEE!"

Everyone turned around to see Baloo who looked very angry; including Rebecca. When Miss Cunningham turned around to face Baloo; the ace pilot thought that Rebecca was going to flare up for the last time on him. However; that was not the case as Rebecca started to sound somewhat upset.

"But Baloo; we don't know where that man went." she said in a very uneasy tone.

Baloo's voice got even rougher;"OH YES WE DO! THAT COWARD JUST MADE A BIG MISTAKE! THE ONLY PLACE HE COULD BE IS THE ISLAND OF TERRASTONE!". Baloo could take no more waiting. He stormed towards the door and Derek Thursday starts following him along with the lady cheeath.

"I'm coming with you! I don't want you doing something stupid;" Derek stated firmly. Baloo started to finally calm down quite a bit.

"So am I!"; said the lady who was following Baloo and Derek as they walk out of the office of Higher for Hire.

"Madam; it going to be a dangerous mission. Are you sure that you would..."; asked Baloo.

She responsed before Baloo could finish;"Baloo, my son is in big trouble too. My name is Sara Mandate; I'm Ernie's mother and if anything happens to him; I'll never forgive myself."

Derek reassured her that everything was going to be all right;" Don't worry Sara; we'll stop this madness; I'll see to that!"; he stated firmly as S.D., Will and Spot walk out of the office of Higher for Hire as well. Derek then spots the three boys.

"Spot, Will, S.D.!! You stay here and inform their parents about what has happened; but don't try to scare them. We don't want to cause panic; Understand?"

Spot, Will and S.D. response at the same time;" Yes; sir!" and the boys left for the city as fast as they can.

Meanwhile....Baloo, Thursday and Sara walked towards the docks and the repaired Seaduck where WildCat is.

"Hey Baloo. Just got the propeller fixed. That was a pretty fun....."

Baloo quickly shakes WildCat's left hand;"No time to thank you WildCat. I gotta save Kit from the *Iceman*!"

Baloo, Sara and Derek all got into the legendary custom Conwing L-16 plane and Baloo started the Superflight 100 engines. Those engines began to roar as Baloo starts to give the plane some throttle. The plane starts the move and takes off successfully. Baloo starts to aim at the narrow opening leading in and out of Cape Suzette; and continues to soar into the bright blue yonder.

WildCat finally did realize something wrong with what Baloo said (at least in his seedy mind.); "Iceman? Never heard of a man made of ice before.....Um.....Wouldn't he melt?...."

WildCat finally sees Miss Cunningham come out of the office of Higher for Hire along with Molly; however, Rebecca was in tears. She looked like a mere shell of her former self.

"What's wrong Miss Cunningham?" he asked.

Rebecca tried to hold back the tears;"WildCat; could you take Molly into your workshop for awhile? I need to be alone." she asked.

"Sure; anything for you Miss Cunningham;" WildCat answered back in his usual seedy voice.;" Hey MollyKat, would you like to see me fix an engine?"

Molly started to feel much better now;"Love too!"

Molly and WildCat exit into WildCat small barge where his workshop is. Rebecca walks towards the end of the dock and sits just under the 'Higher for Hire' sign next to a wooden post; letting her legs dangle over the edge. Tears started to roll down her cheeks. She couldn't stand the thought of seeing her best friend murdered; and let out one loud scream...

"PLEASE FORGIVE ME KIT! I LOVE YOU...." That was all she could muster as she lays her head againest the post and starts sobbing softly. She knew the worse *was* yet to come......

 

And now to the "star" place of this story: TerraStone Island.

 

The mystical C-shaped island 290 miles south-south-east of Cape Suzette from Usland. The island measured 1 mile wide maximum by 6 miles long maximum. It was now 6:30 PM and the golden sun was starting to set dramatically like every passing day....

But that was last thing on Kit's mind right now....

The effect of the sweet; orange gas that knocked Kit out cold finally began to wear off. Kit finally starts to stir and opens his eyes. The first thing he sees is that the sun is setting slowly. ~Good; I'm not hurt.~ he thought. He starts to check himself. ~I'm on a sandy beach.~ he thought again.

However; the next check told a scary tale: He couldn't move his arms at all. They were tied back againest a wooden stake hammered into the sandy ground. There are also six strands of rope wrapped around Kit's chest and that is tied around the wooden stake as well. Kit's feet were also binded. ~This guy either knows me very well; or he's not taking any chances.~ he thought. He raises his head and sees four furries tied to the stakes in the excat same way. ~OH NO!~ Kit thought angerly. The last thing Kit wanted was to see his friends in this much trouble.

Instantly; Kit tries to squirm around in order to loosen the ropes and at the same time; feels a clutch of panic.

"OH MY GOSH!" the navigator screamed;" ERNIE; WAKE UP!" Kit gave just about everything he got to loosen the ropes; but they were way too tight to loosen. Kit should've known that he usually loosens ropes using his powerful legs; however, those were all tied up right now.

The scream from the young bearcub was however enough to cause Ernie (the farthest to Kit's right) to stir and he finally opens his eyes. It didn't take long for the cheetah kid to realize that he was also tied up. Although Ernie's legs were tied up; they weren't anchored to the ground. With so considerable effort he manages to shift his legs around enough so that the point of his toes were touching Lion's feet. Ernie shift his legs enough to be able to rub the bottom of Lion's feet. Lion finally woke up and began to giggle a bit. It wasn't a powerful tickle; but it was enough to wake him up. Lion was proably the least ticklish person among the captives.

"Hey Ernie! Stop that! You know that tickles!" Lion giggled. Ernie stops shifting his legs and with considerable effort replaces them to the original position.

Ernie laughed slightly;" Sorry about that Lion. I didn't know that you had ticklish feet."

"That's ok;" Lion stated back.

"That's the least of our worries. Lion; Kit sez we are in big trouble!"; said Ernie, who was looking a bit worried. Just then; Lars and Scott finally woke up and realize they were also tied up.

Lars gives a quick glance at Scott;"What's that man gonna do to us?"

Scott's agroance was pretty much gone;" I don't know. But I don't think we are gonna like it at all."

"YOU CERTAINLY WON'T!" a voice bekons loudly from the trees on the edge of the beach leading into the jungle of TerraStone. Ernie, Lars, Scott and Lion saw Gregory Masamune come out of a small stand of tree with Kit's back turned. Gregory walked forward towards the kids and faces Kit with an evil smirk and an ice-cold strare. Colder than dry ice.....

"Well; Well; Well; I see that you're finally awake;" Masamune said coldly and places his hand underneath Kit's chin; raising his chin half an inch;" You are so *dead-easy*!" Gregory removes his hand with considerable force; causing Kit to wince slightly and sliencely. Now Kit was in a huge fit of rage; being bullied by a cold-blooded white bear with a slight blue hue.

"I'M NOT AFRAID OF YOU ICEMAN! I WON'T TALK. EVER!" the bearcub screamed. Ernie was loving every moment of this....

"That's telling him Kit!" he said; "This kid's got some guts unlike you.....you...you coward!" Masamune didn't even look at Ernie and kept the heat on Kit.

"I'm impressed;" was Masamune's response pausing for a moment;" You're even more stubborn then that 'Tickle-me-Bunny' who uttered similar nonsense."

Now Lars was in a fit of rage; Masamune could only be talking about Spot;"Flaming cat tails! That was Spot! HOW DARE YOU!"; yelled Lars. Scott looked at Lars sharply and Lars realizes his mistake when he look at him;" Sorry Scott! No offense to you."

"That's alright;" said Scott.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT YOU COWARD?" screamed Kit in his tough-guy routine. Remember that Kit always had a hard time trusting adults.

Masamune then started to do a funny thing....he turned around and looked with an icy stare straight down at the soles of Lars feet. Lars looked deeply into Masamune's eyes and then looked at his own two feet and gulped. ~I don't like that look at all~ Lars thought. ~Ahh... The perfect answer to get what I want.~ Masmune thought. He then turned back and looked at Kit; squarely in his eyes.

"I am looking for something known as 'The Magicial Pearl of Wisdom' which is hidden inside the mountain city of TerraStone. I know where the mountain city is; however, it seems that you know how to open the entrance to TerraStone; plus actually finding the pearl." Masamune pauses for a moment;" Now; are you gonna show me?"

"NO! NEVER!" Kit's response was loud and crystal clear. Kit's friends were loving this; but that was soon going to change in a hurry.

Gregory opens his pouch and takes out a blue feather and put it right into Kit's handsome looking face. Kit felt a huge amount of panic; because Kit simply is the most ticklish furry in the world. This was the best way to nullify the young bearcub's 'tough-guy' routine since Kit's feet are so ticklish that it causes Kit to scream so loudly that he can be spotted a mile away.That's why Baloo "can't stand it" when Kit is being tickled-totured.

"WELL?......" the hunter asked coldly and showing signs of actual emotion.....

 However; Kit was not impressed of what he saw....he had seen it all before.

"YOU ARE SO UNORIGINAL!" he said angerly;"YOU'RE GONNA TICKLE ME,RIGHT?" Kit tried to act brave; however his bravado sounded a bit false. There seemed to be a bit of fear in the sound of his voice.

Masamune begins to giggle slightly;" Nice try Cloudkicker; but I know how stubborn you are. The 'master' told me that." ~At least he didn't call me Clownkicker. But why?~ Kit thought with a worried look on his face. Gregory then took a look at Ernie's feet and started to smirk coldly. Ernie looked down and saw Gregory's face; and saw the same thing that his cocky friend Spot saw: A very cold white bear with no heart at all. Or did he.....

Kit was getting more angry;" WHO IS THIS MASTER ANYWAY?"

"THEN SHOW ME HOW TO OPEN THE ENTRANCE TO TERRASTONE!" Gregory shouted back right in his face with anger that had no compassion at all.

Kit looked into Masamune's ice-blue eyes;" MAKE ME YA STINKIN TERRORIST!"

Gregory stopped and looked at Lion and Scott T. Cat; although this line of terror was getting old;" If you want to play the game.... then I guess"; he said before turning and looked right into Kit's eyes;" we are gonna find out just what kind of compassion you really have!" Gregory Masamune laughed meancely and then turned toward the direction of the jungle...

"T.T. numbers 1,2,3 and 4. It's PLAY TIME!"; he shouted with a mock voice that would make your blood go very cold.

Kit and his friends failed to realize that their problems were about to get even worse...

 

 

...Meanwhile; in the sky roared the plane of choice for the freelance pilots of old: the Classic Conwing L-16. The legendary Seaduck (at least in Baloo's mind anyways); was soaring in the air with the greatest ease as the sun was beginning to set. Baloo was sitting in the cockpit at his usual pilot seat grumbling and had a very concern look on his face. ~What's that coward gonna do to him.~ he thought angerly.

Derek Thursday was sitting in the navigator's seat where Kit always sat and charted out courses for the Seaduck. Sara Mandate stood behind the navigator's seat. Derek had Kit's maps and his navigational equipment and started to try to chart a course to the island. Derek started to look at Kit's navigational charts and all the numbers that the navigator wrote on. Derek was very impressed; ~Very amazing for a kid who weeks ago couldn't spell.~ he thought with a chuckle.

"Derek; I need a reference to where we are going"; Baloo asked in a mean tone. Derek knew that Baloo wasn't mad at him; he was mad at Masamune. ~ Can't say I blame him. Because I don't.~ he though with concern.

"Judging from where we are now;" Thursday began;" If we turn 6.115 degrees in a South-East direction we should reach the island of TerraStone within 2 hours."

Baloo was impressed;" You're a pretty good navigator for a police officer;" he said in amuch kinder tone.

"Actually; It's a lot easier if the numbers are on the navigation map;" Derek admitted.

"You noticed Kit's course charting; didn't ya." Baloo said with a chuckle which sounded false.

"Are you saying that Mr. Cloudkicker is your navigator? No one that young could read a map and chart courses this accurate." He said with an accusing tone in his voice.

"That shows how stereotypical you are;" Baloo said defending his navigator's reputation.

"I guess it does. I've been wrong about him; he is one amazing kid who has great friends and...." Derek starts to see that Baloo was looking very worried;" Is something wrong; Baloo?"

Baloo decided to let a secret out;" Thursday; Kit is more than just an employee and more than just a friend. He's like my very own son. I would have never been able to go on in life without him"; Baloo looked at the blue sky and white puffy clouds all around. It reminded him too much of that daring young bearcub;" His attitude and his talent is the reason why I love him."

"I'm glad you do Baloo;" Derek said reassuring Baloo that everything was going to be alright.

"It's just that..... If it wasn't for him; Cape Suzette would have been destoryed and the Air Pirates would've...."; before Baloo could finish, Sara interupts him.

"Speaking of the Air Pirates; isn't that their plane down among yonder?" she asked sharply.

Sara was right. She pointed down at 11:00. There were three CT-37's soaring down with three pilots in their cockpits. Baloo nows realizes it: Don Karnage *is* behind all this. Like the grey, fat, pear-shaped bear thought that was a real surprise.

"Why is Karnie here? Is he teamed up with that coward"; Baloo asked angerly.

Derek wasn't one hundred percent sure;" I don't know Baloo; you can only assume that."

Don Karnage was flying in the lead and is talking over a microphone unknown to Baloo et ali. The fox/wolf/crossbreed (you be the judge here!) was his usual type self: A cocky man with a huge ego and a pinch of terror: Mad Dog and Dumptruck were listening (I use the term loosely)to the lastest batch of orders from their beloved captain.

"Alo; my brainless piles of chaos and mayhem. This is Don Karnage speaking to you with my wonderful self's type voice. I have been informed by that so-called "Iceman" that he has captured Mr. Clownkicker. He wants us to meet him in the middle of the useless jungle. Now; you muscle-non-minded egos should know my master plan."

"Ah; Captain"; Mad Dog spoke over his microphone.

"Yes,Yes,Yes.... What's on your tiny unimportant minds?" Don Karnage asked.

"I think that Mad Dog is asking you...." Dumptruck followed on.

"Yes,Yes,Yes.....What would my bit players like to ask?" Don Karnage asked again.

Mad Dog thought for a moment;"Well Captain.... what is the master plan anyway?"

Don Karnage looked so surprised that his expression was both confused and angry at the same time.

"You know I would brain you; if you had a brain; not to mention that I cannot reach you in my own plane...... But I'll tell ya when we get there;" Don Karnage lets out a high pitch giggle;" I'd love to see that silly-bear type man's face when I pull the old-fashion Karnage shuffle......and steal that so-called Pearl of Wisdom to plunder the mindless fools of Cape Suzette. That's all for now.... remember to bring donuts and black coffee.... Karnage Out!" Don Karnage turned off his mircophone and turned on the radio.

Meanwhile; Baloo and Seaduck were unaware that Don Karnage's plan for Masamune.

"Hey yo!" a voice bekons sounding like it came from the radio....

"Masamune?!" all three said at once.

Baloo picked up the mircophone;" You.....YOU COWARD! IF YOU DARE TOUCH ONE HAIR ON HIS BODY I'LL.....I'LL"

Sara screamed loudly to make sure that Masamune could hear;" THAT'S DOUBLE IF YOU HARM MY SON!"

"You'll have to get here first you pitful little fool..."; Gregory snapped back;" I'm going to give you a bit of entertainment that will certainly make you cringe." Masamune laughed into the microphone;" Now where are my Tricksters?".

All three on the Seaduck gulped....the worst was going to happen.....

 

"Ah; here they come..." Masamune giggled evily as we returned to the horriable; ugly senceon the beach....Four oversized green gators who were wearing skirts made out of feathers entered the beach area. Each of the four skirts were of a different color. The sight was enough to make Kit's friends let out a huge gulp at the same time. Kit begins to gulp as he was once again staring right into Gregory's ice-blue eyes. Inside those eyes was a reflection of those gators showing off their skirts made from feathers. ~ I don't like this one bit.~ he thought. ~ But; I mustn't give up.... I don't like being bullied.~

"I'm not playing games here Mr. Cloudkicker;" Masamune said firmly;" I want some answers from you and I'll get them no matter what.....By the way; I forgot to introduce my...... thugs; so to speak;" the gators frowned a bit; but Masamune quickly responded;" No offense there. These are known to the island as....the 'Tickle Tricksters'. All they love to do is take their victims and basically tickle them to death." Masamune ended his explaintion with a evil smile; like he was proud.

However; the Tickle Tricksters did have one major problem. They were pretty dumb and it showed when one of the tricksters (the one with the red feather skirt) took a feather from his skirt and started tickling behind Gregory's ear causing Masamune to giggle wildly...

"HEY! STOP THAT; NOT ME!"; he screamed just before grabbing the feather and places it in his pouch;" I'll tell you when you can have your fun."

"Sorrry!"; the first Tickle Trickster said; sounding dumber than Dumptruck is.

"That's ok;" Masamune said firmly without any compassion for the mistake that the gator made;" I know that intellegence isn't your cultures strong point."

He then turns to the tied-up Kit who was still trying to loosen those ropes but without success;" Last chance Mr. Cloudkicker...... well?"

Kit was completely ticked off now.... more ticked off than ever before...

"I'LL NEVER SHOW YA; YOU.......STINKIN ICEMAN!" Kit said. Kit should've known at he would live to regret that statement...

"Alright!"; Ernie shouted in support;" Kit'll never be bullied by you; Iceman!"

Now Masamune should have been ticked off at this point; however, Gregory Masamune was never in his life like that. He knew he can extract information from them real easy. It would take about two hours before Baloo and company whould show up on the island of TerraStone and he did have a sure-fire method that would give him what he wanted. Gregory turned around and looked straight at Lars and smirked.... He was going to enjoy this...

"Very well;" Gregory said unemotionally;" T.T#1!" The tricksters do love the sound of that; mostly because of their lack of intellegence.

"Yes Master?" T.T#1 asked. (He's the one with the red skirt of feathers.)

"See that hippo over there...." He said with an evil smile flashing it straight at Lars;".. Make him laugh!"

Lars eyes told the tale.....He felt quite panicy and his eye were closed for a short moment; until the next thing he knew was feeling this ticklish sensation underneath the soles of his feet. Lars tried to hold back and stop himself from laughing; but the gator's red feather started to overwhelm him. Next to Kit, Lars was the most ticklish mostly because he had very big feet plus it also didn't help to be tied-up at all. Finally; it just became too much (all of this happened within seconds I might add.), Lars began to giggle and seconds later he was screaming.

"NO! PLEASE!......" Lars was screaming; laughing uncontrollably;" I WON'T GIVE UP .........! KIT!......" he continued to laugh uncontrollably with his eyes closed for a moment before starting to scream again;" DON'T TELL HIM! DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME!" Lars in one quick moment just couldn't say anything; the tickling became too intense to even talk.

Kit tried to loosen the ropes that had binded him with all of his might; however, the ropes still wouldn't loosen. Kit tried to plant the soles of his feet againest the cool sand; but that was no use. ~He thought of everything!~ he thought and quite a bit of sweat had piled on his face. Kit was getting very frusterated as he had to watch the horror of seeing one of his newest friends take the bullet for him as Lars continued to laugh uncontrollably; tears streaming down his face. Tears of laughter......

.......What seemed to be a lifetime (in real time; it was only a minute); Gregory Masamune snapped his fingers;" Stop T.T. #1!". The gator takes the feather off of Lar's feet and stands up. He turns around and walks (and these Trickster's are so dumb that they actually walked in a crooked direction) towards Gregory and stops right beside him. Lars is breathing very heavily and the tears were still dripping off his face. Lars could still feel that tickling sensation and tried to rub it off with his toes; but that was no good. Masamune came over to him and slapped him in the face.

"You stupid hippo! You ruined the effect!"; he said as he pinched Lars' nose;" Oh by the way; that was a very good scream. Next time you scream; just hope that your new friend over yonder will in fact help me!" Masamune then walks towards Kit and tries to seduce him again....

"Now; are you going to show me the entrance again?" Masamune asked Kit again. Kit simply shakes his head 'no'. Kit's friends continue to support his decision, expect Lars who wasn't so sure anymore after the tickling he suffered. Besides; Lars was seeing Kit shake and it looked very weak. Gregory saw something in that shake. ~He's weakening~ he thought with a very evil smile. Masamune just got colder and colder......

......"T.T. #2!" he shouted; smiling from ear to ear as he referred to the gator with green feather skirt;" Let's see if we can giggle all those nine lives out of him." He was pointing straight at the usually cocky; Scott T. Cat and his feet.

Kit started to get angry again and attempted to loosen the ropes again; but the rope were simply too tight. ~This guy is good. He's thought of everything.~ Kit thought helplessly. It was the very first time that he turely felt helpless to do anything expect watch the horrible tale unfold. Meanwhile; the second Tickle Trickster knelt down beside Scott and started to tickle his feet with a feather. Scott wasn't as ticklish as Lars; but he can certainly scream.

Scott could not stop laughing; "NO! PLEASE! STOP!" he repeated loudly as Kit attempted to loosen the ropes again. The emotion and sweat was pouring down his cheeks; Gregory just giggled coldly as he went back to the radio in the brown plane and heard Thursday's yelling.

"YOU LET THEM GO! YOU GAIN NOTHING FOR TORTURING THEM! THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU WANT!" Thursday screamed over the radio.

"One question Derek? When will you learn to save your breath?" Masamune responded showing a bit of anger; "Don't answer that question. I don't need to know that bad since the answer is pretty obvious. You still have about two hours of flying before you discover me. Even your friends can't stand this that long; those stubborn kids! Oh.... I would gain nothing Derek? How much do you know about Kit? Nice try Derek! So just *Shut....Up* and listen to the greatest screamfest on earth! " He then put the microphone back into the plane and returned to the sence.... ~I'm loving this! He does have compassion! Lots of that!~ he thought; looking at Kit's face full of sweat.

Scott T. Cat face was full of tears and his feet were so sore; he stopped screaming since the sensation took all the breath needed to even speak; he just simply laughed his head off. Lars was deeply concerned now; looking at Kit's face gave him the impression that Kit couldn't stand his friends being tickled anymore. ~Ernie; I don't think this was a good idea to resist telling that coward about the pearl.~ he thought as Masamune motioned forward.

"T.T#2; you can stop now!" Masamune laughed as he snapped his fingers. The trickster stood up placed the feather back on his skirt and walked crooked back to the Tickle Tricksters. Scott couldn't even move as Masamune looked at him; eye to cold eye;" I think I just tickled six lives out of ya. I'm not interested in them! You can have them back." Scott's confidence was both shaken and stirred forever; he had never been put in his place like that in his life. Kit's soccer goal scored was only a friendly reminder; but this was basically too much. Scott's teary-eyed face saw Kit's sweat dripping down. He realized it; ~This kid does care about me?~ he thought.

Gregory then look back at Kit; "Okay; Mr. Cloudkicker. I do admire your stubborness; but this has gone far enough.... Are you going to help me?" he asked coldy.

"GIVE UP MASAMUNE!! HE'S NOT GOING TO HELP SOMETHING WHO'S AS UNFEELING AS YOU!!" Ernie screamed. Masamune heard the comment and looked at both Lion and Ernie and all of a sudden; Masamune had an idea. ~Wait a minute! I've been doing this all wrong. I should be doing this.~ he thought.

"Unfeeling; huh? That does make two of us." Masamune said looking at Lion Hazelnut. Lion gulped as he knew that Masamune will be targetting him. However; the surprise began...

"No; let's put this cocky kid's foot into his mouth. Trickster#4?" Masamune ordered as the gator with the blue feather skirt advanced crookly , takes out a blue feather from his skirt ; knelt down beside Ernie and starts tickling him.

"Oh, one more thing? Don't stop until Mr. Cloudkicker finally does help me....unless his friend actually dies first!" Masamune laughed wickly.

As Ernie begins to laugh and scream very hard; Kit finally begins to realize that despite his stubbroness; his friends didn't deserve this even though his friends allowed themselves to take the tickle torture. Kit couldn't allow his new friends to suffer anymore; they had families (who are very worried right now!) and he felt this he alone dragged his friends into something like this. Kit begins to grit his teeth; his face just goes completely sour and his eyes closed; feeling complete pain and suffering.

Gregory took a quick glance at Kit as Ernie continued to laugh; trying to fight, but to no avial. ~I'm winning!~ he thought as he saw Kit's face of pain.

Ernie managed to look at Kit's face despite his uncontrollable laughing and screaming. Kit's face said it all; he knew that Kit might finally give in to this coward. "NO! KIT! PLEASE DOOOON'T!" Ernie managed to scream out before the tickling started to overwhelm him.

Kit couldn't stand it anymore..~It's just an useless pearl!~

Kit's face flushed completely red and a combination of anger and compassion; "I'LL ONLY HELP YOU; IF YOU DON'T HARM MY FRIENDS! YOU ONLY WANT ME! I'LL HELP YOU!"; Kit screamed. A few moments passed; nothing changed. Masamune grew more wicked; his eyes even sharper.

"COME ON MASAMUNE!! STOP THIS!! HE DOESN'T DESERVE THIS!" he screamed growing completely frustrated. Masamune looked back at Kit; waiting. ~I want you begging for mercy; sobbing! paying homage to me!~ Masamune thought.

Still no change. Kit had tears down his cheeks for the first time in a long while; "I GIVE UP! YOU WIN MASAMUNE!! I'LL HELP YOU!! HAVE A HEART DARN IT!"

Gregory Masamune was laughing. He had broken the unbreakable Kit Cloudkicker; the first person to ever do it sucessfully without interference. "TT#4; you will stop now. I'm glad that is over! Thank you Tickle Tricksters; you're job is done. Here's your reward for your success." The trickster got up as Gregory gave each Trickster a shirt made out of feathers; " Now you can look cool under the sun." he said happily. This was the first time that Masamune didn't show any evil behind his smile.

"Thank you ; Ticklehappy!" one of the Tricksters said as the four crooked and confused gator walked up and got their shirts and then quickly left the sence back to their village on the Eastern side of the island just south of the TerraStone mountain where the pearl is supposed to be hidden.

~Poor deluded fools.~ Masamune thought. ~But they did get the job done; thank you very much!~

Ernie couldn't believe that Kit had given up. ~ This kid isn't so tough. I'll never forgive you Kit! I was trying to save you!~ he thought looking very angry. Ernie was not a big fan of kids giving in to adults like that. Lars and the rest said nothing; they realized that Kit had compassion in his voice when he gave in. ~He was trying to protect us. He didn't drag us into this!~ Lars thought sadly. ~At least Kit did put up a good fight to resist Masamune. He's still a brave kid.~

"Okay; Masamune! You got what you wanted. Now; please let my friends go! "; Kit asked weeping a bit.

Gregory decided to bend his word a little bit. ~ I do need some insurance; however. Ah!~. "I'll leave them alone; but I'll never let them go. Or shall I say; I won't let one them go....." He points at Ernie.

"I want the cheeath kid to come with us." he said acting like a human being. This brought a sense of surprise and shock to Kit.

"But you said that you would let my friends go...." Kit said as Masamune drew closer to him.

~Just as I thought. Kit's allowed this guy to bully him!~ he thought angerly. Gregory then took a quick look at Ernie's face.

"Judging by the look on that cat's face. I wonder......The others will stay on the beach where Baloo, Sara and Derek will find you and take you home." Masamune said as he went directly to Ernie and untied his ankles and his body from the stake and retied him so that he would be slowed down considerably. Masamune did the same to Kit. Masamune then went to the parked brown plane to the radio; which during that time was filled with loud screams and veil threats from Derek and company.

"I hope that you enjoyed my form of entertainment. I got a real *laugh* out of those *tickle-me* people." Masamune said evily. His laugh was more high-pitched than usual.

"HOW DARE YOU CALL YOURSELF A PERSON!!" Sara screamed; "HAVE YOU NO COMPASSION!!"

"Compared to my twin brother; I'm about as compassinate as they come." Masamune said.

"Twin brother?!" Ernie and Kit said at the same time.

"Craig Murasame. My hot-tempered brother who wants revenge on the police." Gregory said calmly looking at his hands; not feeling very proud. He dropped the microphone into the sand; causing no damage.

"Why?" Everyone expect Masamune asked at the same time.

"He believes that they killed our family during an air raid.... Like it matters to you." Gregory Masamune placed his head on the brown plane for a second before finally regaing his composure and picked up the microphone again from the white sand. All of a sudden; Masamune remembered something.

" Derek; I wouldn't call for the SWAT team if I were you. I might decide to break my word.... and use those kids as _furry shields_. " Masamune said in a calm voice; acting cool. It seemed that all of the coldness from breaking Kit Cloudkicker was starting to melt a bit.

"What do you want?" Derek asked; feeling defeat once again.

"Nothing really. I got what I wanted from the boy; as long as he cooperates with me no one will be harmed. I will allow the other kids to leave; they are on the beach right now on the western side of the island. You can pick them up there; expect for Mr. Cloudkicker and my insurance policy; that little cheeath kid. Oww; he's so darn cute....." Masamune said mocking Sara.

"WHAT?! Ernie!" Sara nearly lost her voice and lost her composure when yelling at Masamune.

"I trust you as much as I can throw Don Karnage out of an airship" Derek yelled back.

"Now you know how I and my brother felt about that air raid. You better trust me Derek; because my trust will be Mr. Cloudkicker's and Ernie's only hope. YOU BETTER REMEMBER THAT!" Masamune then turned his radio off and placed the microphone back into its original position....~Werid name for a cute cheetah!~ he thought with an evil grin.

"Come on you two.... I'm not wasting any more time. MUSH!! " Masamune said as he ordered the two kids who were currently being treated to walk like horses on two legs started walking from the beach and into the jungle. Ernie stared foward without even looking at Kit; flushed with anger. Ernie never liked quitters and was treating Kit as such. Kit looked at Ernie and wondered to himself; ~I should have never had given up! Now I've lost his trust.....~ however; another thought struck Kit's mind; ~ If you didn't give in to Masamune; what would have happened to him? Would his mother ever approve of it?~ he thought again. The decisions that Kit had to make during these trying times were nothing new to Kit. Ever since being alone without a home, family and sometimes a country; Kit has been battling a conflict from within himself, like a shootout at the Ok Coral of sorts. Kit has never won this conflict; although he has not lost this conflict either. It has always been a draw and it drives Kit into further confusion. Baloo and to a lesser extent Rebecca gave Kit the direction that Kit never really had; although Kit himself will never admit that he actually needs it.

This was going to get even more interesting.......

 

Baloo placed the microphone gently back into it's holder. There was no anger present; just plain old shock struck his own face. Baloo couldn't believe this was happening. Kit Cloudkicker broke for the first time since he first knew him. Prehaps to him; he may have soften up Kit too much. Prehaps that original behavior had its reasons to stay with Kit; and his instincts would only be used if needed. Derek Thursday looked at Baloo; seeing him look very upset at himself.

"Baloo? Your son did the right thing..." Derek said trying to encourage him not to blame his navigator.

"He's not my real son." Baloo responded looking at his hands; saying that statement almost blindly.

"What?" Derek asked looking very surpicious. ~I knew that there was something weird about this~ he thought.

"He's an orphan. He has seen all of this before...." Baloo told Derek about his relationship with Kit Cloudkicker and why he decided to raise him. He told him about Kit's role with the Air Pirates; which shocked Derek. Although some kids at Cape Suzette have been told about a lonely child that had no home; he had no idea that it was someone he met. ~How many secrets has this boy kept?~ he thought. However; he know realized that this was no time to be thinking about Baloo's position of being a good father.... There were two kids being held againest their will and four others still in danger; even if Masamune said that he wasn't going to harm them. And why was Don Karnage here? That question still has yet to be answered. Derek had to say something....

"I see. I still trust you as a father; but right now is not the time to talk about orphans... Masamune is still on the loose." Derek said referring to the task at hand.

"Can we trust Masamune?" Sara asked knowing that Masamune will try anything to get his way.

"Do we have a choice? He's has all the cards right now." Derek said bitterly.

"I'm going to land on the western side of the island and Derek; you can call a police airplane to pick up the kids and take them home."

"I'd rather call the SWAT team..." Derek said before realizing Masamune's threat ; ~ I wouldn't call the SWAT team if I were you; I might decide to break my word and use them as _furry shields_.~ That thought was like a sword into Thursday's heart. Even if Masamune doesn't come through on his threat; Thursday did not want to be pointed as the person behind the incident. Despite that Masamune was sane; to others his curelity made Masamune a madman without emotion.

"Not a good idea; Masamune would want that. He still has Kit and Ernie and they're in more danger if Don Karnage is turely behind this......" Baloo said as Sara was pointing out something below.

"Look down Baloo.....I think we got our answer." Sara pointed out as the three CT-37's continued to follow the SeaDuck and then began to descent down towards the C-shaped island of TerraStone. The SeaDuck had found out.... but so has Don Karnage. ~This proves Don Karnage is involved somewhat with Masamune! But what is that?~ Derek thought with his anger near the boiling point now.

"Ah nuts! Now we have two threats!" Derek said angerly; and thinking twice about not deploying the SWAT team.

 

Don Karnage turned his radio on to give the pirates the good news in his evily twisted mind. To Don Karnage; this was a ture victory. During Kit's years as an Air Pirate; Kit was the only person to ever have a mind of his very own. To Don; this was a very dangerous weapon, a weapon that he never took the time to discover until Kit stole that stone from him a couple of months ago. This was the very first time anyone had succeeded in breaking the unbreakable spirit of this special, daring bearcub. He was not going to let anyone (and I do mean anyone) ruin this memoriable moment.......

"Alo; this is your unfriendly neighorhood air flyer Don Karnage who is once again speaking to you with my most wonderful type self voice. Mr. Clownkicker has finally broke the bravery bucket and agree to help that silly-bear type hunter open the entrance to plunder the treasure and find the weapon to plunder Cape Suzette."

"Oh that's good captain.... Can you help us get Masamune's autograph before we shuffle him out?" Mad Dog asked with a dumb smile.

Don Karnage was shocked for the second time in less than an hour. That's not a good sign for his crew.

"You mindless swabs! We don't have time for that silly-bear type people's autograph. It is now time to put my radically evil plan into action. Soon; I the amazing terror of the skies; Don Karnage will have the total power of plundering Cape Suzette. Once I know how to use the pearl; of course; plus that annoying little traitor Kit Clownkicker and that silly-bear type hunter will finally be put in the place where no one shines." Don Karnage laughed. "We will land on the eastern side of the island near the volcano."

"Oh goody captain! Does that mean we get 50/50?" Mad Dog asked in a dumb voice. A really dumb voice.

"Or 33/33/34?" Dumptruck asked in an even dumber tone trying to impress the captain on his intellegence. Or lack of it.

"Of course it will be 50/50. 50 bonks for Mad Dog and 50 bonks for Dumptruck." Don Karnage answered with a evil smirk waiting for the two to act dumb again.

"Where do we get them?" Mad Dog asked falling into Don Karnage's trap again.

"ON YOUR BRAINLESS HEADS... IF YOU EVER MENTION THAT AGAIN!!" Karnage yelled over the microphone causing a acute ringing inside Dumptruck and Mad Dog ears.

"Sorry Captain"; Dumptruck said getting dumber by the minute; slapping himself to stop the ringing in his ear. Mad Dog did the same.....

"Now my brainless piles of mayhem. It's time to put my plan into action. Bring donuts and minerial water... Karnage out until further bashing." Don Karnage put the microphone down and turned off the radio. He basically had the skies to himself now...

Don Karnage looked down at the ocean for just a second. Then he saw it..... the C-Island of TerraStone. He saw the SeaDuck swooping down towards the left side of the island. ~ I wonder why he's here?~ he thought with an evil grin; but there was no time for lollygagging. It's time to nail a sorry bearcub in his own twisted evil mind.

"I have no time to deal with that fat out-of-shape pilot Baloo. I have a score to settle....This will be like taking candy from a crying baby. Expect I get to laugh at that so-called hero Kit Clownkicker and once I land: I'll play into Masamune's game to find the treasure and then bonk;" Don Karnage banged his fist into the palm of his hand to show his devious plan;" the traitor gets exposed. Then we will see who crushes who; you little insect of a cold man!"

Don Karnage flew down along with his crew of CT-37's down towards the eastern side of the island of TerraStone to another beach. It would just be a short walking distance to the mountain. By the time they reach the entrance; Masamune would be there; unaware that Karnage does not tolerate traitors.

 

The jungle was fairly thick with trees all about. Kit and Ernie were still tied up and walking like two-legged horses walking at a very slow pace; trying to dodge tree roots and walking on the hard ground. While the kids cooprated (although Ernie only did so to protect his own life and not because he wanted to.); Kit noticed something in Masamune's demeaner. If Gregory was turely a murderer; then he could of killed them at any time after the cold hearted man tormented his friends. While he didn't excatly let his newly formed friends go; he didn't kill them. Kit's friends were witnesses to Masamune's devious plot to regain a powerful pearl; or so it seems at the moment. Why is he doing this? This isn't the motive of a cold-blooded killer that many people say that Gregory Masamune actually is. There was more to this story and only one bear knew the answer. Kit had to take the chance.......

"Masamune; is there something that you are hiding?" Kit asked with a serious tone.

Masamune refused to answer. He seemed either too distracted to respond or the thought of his own brother was too much for him. ~Why is he so entrenched with sadness? He shouldn't be showing these types of emotion. I've got to try again!~ he thought.

"MASAMUNE!! YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BY TELLING ME!" Kit yelled out taking a huge risk. There was a huge possability that Masamune would snap and end the life of the two cubs; however, he had to know. Kit was a master of taking risks. He was one of an only chosen few who has foolishly stood up to Don Karnage's band of Air Pirates; a group that has caused fear and suffering to many people outside of Cape Suzette. He wasn't afraid of the sky: while many pilots sat in their airplane looking out of the white puffy clouds, Kit was doing stunts and cutting into the clouds with his airfoil. It was a skill that was way beyond the understanding from older adults. Masamune finally snapped out of his self-inflicted trance and looked at Kit very closely; but that trademark ice-cold stare was gone, replaced by a lukewarm response. Not one of love; but of respect to the bearcub.

"Sorry Mr. Cloudkicker.... I had my mind on my brother again. This is the first time anyone wanted to know..." Masamune responded with a hint of emotion." about my own brother." It was strange for the young bearcub to understand. While Don Karnage has always called his Clownkicker and even some Cape Suzette press members have made the same mistake; this person has yet to mock his as such. He acted more or less like a gentlemen. Masamune was hiding something from his past; something that could piece together the truth behind the so-called 'cold-blooded' killer.

"Masamune? Judging by the way you've treated us; you're no killer." Kit asked with some compassion. He wanted to learn more about Masamune; even if he's considered a monster to the public. Kit was used to 'monsters' in his day; "Maybe I can help to understand..."

Ernie was in shock; "I don't believe this!! How can you try to understand this monster?!!"

"Ernie.... I'm" Kit tired to explain but Ernie started to look flush-red hot with anger.

"DON'T YOU ERNIE ME !! I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY FRIEND!! I CANNOT STAND THAT YOU WOULD GIVE UP TO THIS COWARD!!..." Ernie was screaming so loud that Masamune ears began to ring.

"Ernie, please?" Kit said looking very concerned. That only made Ernie's face even more red than it had ever been before.

Masamune felt sorry for Kit. He had to say something....

Ernie continued his tirade; " AND THEN TRY TO UNDERSTAND THIS MONSTER!! WHAT KIND OF PERSON ARE YOU?!"

Masamune had enough; " A PERSON WHO ACTUALLY PUT YOUR SAFETY AND WELL-BEING AHEAD OF HIS OWN PERSONAL BENEFIT....." he shouted from the top of his lungs.

This action caused complete silence and shock. All party members stopped in their tracks and both Kit and Ernie looked at each other; confused to no end. This was the first time in Masamune's life that he ever showed ture anger and frustration. Gregory was a lot like Shere Khan in many ways; unemotional and cool under pressure. This action alone proved that even the most unemotional can and will break down and explode and all that emotion is bottled up waiting to cause damage to anyone who hears it. Masamune took a step back; knelt down on both knees and looked at the changing from day to night. He puts his hands behind his head and looked for the first star that appeared in the darkning sky.

"The stars look beautiful tonight and that finally felt good." Masamune said to no one but those stars. No response from them.

Kit looked at Masamune;" I know that you're in charge; but this is between me and my friend. And in my mind he's still my friend." Masamune got back on his feet; and looked at Ernie closely; once again there was no ice-stare although to Ernie it made no difference to him.

"I have no problem with that." Masamune responded. Even if he was considered a terrorist to many; Gregory knew that Kit was no pushover when it comes to choosing friends (judging from the way he has handled Ernie up to this point) and he felt also that it would be wrong to intervene in a matter that can only be resolved by Kit Cloudkicker and Ernie Mandate. However; Masamune also decided that he would intervene only if one of his captives overstepped his line.

"HOW CAN YOU STILL BE MY FRIEND?!" Ernie was showing signs that he couldn't keep his tirade up.

"Ernie; please forgive me for being this way. But; we have to trust this 'monster'. " Kit looked to see if Masamune would even slightly cringe; but he didn't ," Ernie; let's let Masamune go into the mountain and get the pearl he wants."

"BUT Kit!! That pearl is worth a fortune... wisdom." Ernie was starting to huff and puff as he had run out of steam. Kit saw his opening to convince Ernie to understand.

"Ernie? Wisdom doesn't come from an object.... It comes from a person's heart. A person who puts other people's well being ahead of his own. What you tried to do back there was not courage; it was foolishness. I didn't want to see you get hurt; and I don't think your mother or father would approve of you trying to protect something that isn't worth protecting...... and....." Kit took a deep breath;".... I didn't want you to go through the same life I did."

"Kit.... I...... " Ernie took a deep breath; ".... I'm sorry; I really am.... but I just couldn't let someone abuse my relations again."

 "Ernie; did someone..." Kit asked; knowing that this was very serious.

"Yes Kit.... My dad hurt me; abused me.....killed my sister.." Ernie said as a tear started to form from his eye. The tear of helplessness and sadness.

"Killed your sister?" Kit asked in absolute shock. ~ First boys; now girls! When will this end?~ he thought still somewhat in shock.

"Yes Kit. I know that this is new to you; being without a family for a long time." Ernie said sadly; more tears falling down his cheeks.

"It's not that new to me. I've seen such abuses with people that I turely believe that they were family to me." Kit looked at him feeling sad. "But I've never been able to stop them."

"I don't think that I should tell you how it happened." Ernie stated with tears in his eyes; looking away from his best friend. He didn't feel like telling the young bearcub about it. Not to mention that he felt ashamed for screaming at his new friend. He knew that was no way to treat someone.

"Ernie? This thing has been eating you inside hasn't it? I think in your best interest that it would be best if you tell me a little bit about it. I promise I'll support you." Kit looked at him; for the first time without the cockyness that Ernie processed. Kit now saw him as a kid that was just like him. A kid that he could in some way relate too. A kid whom the adults believe that he was nothing more than an age object that they think that they [the adults] own. ~ How many more kids are like Ernie? or worse; me?~ Kit thought. He knew the obvious that he had seen for the many years alone as a street kid and as an Air Pirate....... He was never alone.

"You....would?" Ernie asked in complete amazement.

"I shall...I promise.." Kit responded.

"Thanks; little skipper." Ernie said; wanting to shake Kit's hand but couldn't due to the fact that they were tied up.

"Excuse me? What's this little skipper?" Masamune asked looking puzzled. Kit and Ernie couldn't believe that Masamune could fall for such a trick. Kit and Ernie laughed at the sight of Masamune's face. However; for Gregory, time was being wasted and it was time to move on.

"Okay you two clowns.... Get moving on now; you can tell your story while we're moving." Masamune said with a flick of the ropes and a smile. Not the evil smile that plagued him throughout this time. Kit and Ernie started to walk again; feeling much better. Although Masamune took it easy on them during the first half; he still wasn't going to be nice to them during the second half of the journey. However; Masamune was beginning to notice something about the two kids. Gregory could read it in both Ernie's eyes and in Kit's dark eyes: ~ You're not the only one Ernie. You're not the only one who's thinks the entire world has gone mad.~ he thought looking worried. And soon all three will soon fight together..... since there is still is a pearl to be won and someone else wants to harness its power.... Someone who has personified ture evil.........

 

Lars, Lion and Scott were thankful that the Tickle Tricksters were now gone; each finally getting the sesnation of tickling out of their systems. However; they were still in trouble. They were still tied up to the stakes on the beach and still breathing heavily from the fear and suffering at the hands of Masamune and his thugs. They also knew this: nothing was going to stop those Tickle Tricksters from trying to tickle them again; and this time there might be no mercy from them considering their smarts. (or lack of them.)

"Thank Cape Suzette that they are gone." Lion said.

"Why should you be worried Mr. Goalkeeper? " Scott asked ;" His thugs didn't even touch you."

"Because they touched you." Lion responded.

"Oh; that's right......" Scott then with a considerable effort looked at Lion who looked worried; "What's wrong; you look like something awful has happened or is going to happen."

"I am worried. What is Masamune going to do with them?" Lion said breathing a huge sigh.

"I don't know Lion. Why would you ask?" Lars said still trying to get the giggles out of his system.

"I don't know.." Lion stated as he looked down at his feet. " Ever since that boy kicked that soccer ball between the goal posts hours ago...... I knew that there was something about him. Something that made him special."

"Yeah; I know what you mean."; Scott said looking at the somewhat depressed Lion;" He didn't really give up on us..... He only gave up because he didn't want to see us get hurt. He felt that he dragged us into this awful mess......"

"But Kit didn't really drag us into this mess...." Lars stated sharply.

"At least he didn't intend to....... However; I don't know Lars. If Kit was turely on the streets like he says he is and for one thing: How did Masamune know the child?"; Lion said;" How much do we know about this child?"

"Not enough it seems......" Lars stopped when he seem to hear a loud buzzing noise;".... What's that noise?" The kids listened very closely and Lars was right all along; there was a buzzing noise. It was diffcult to move around in order to see the object that was causing the noise.

Interestly enough; a large buzzing sound was followed by a shadow that was the shape and size of a huge airplane in the sky. ~I wonder if.....~ Lars thought to himself.

"Who's that?" Scott yelled out as the airplane landed about 150 metres away; not too far away from Masamune's brown plane. It looked very familiar indeed; with its huge red platoons and aging yellow paint. Three figures ran out of the plane. One looked like a female cheeath, the other was a grey dog in a trenchcoat while the third looked like a large round grey bear.

"There's a huge yellow plane.....it looks like the same plane...... THAT BALOO FLIES!" Lion screamed as he got the best good look of the actual plane. It was the SeaDuck; the aging plane in all of its glory.

" It's Baloo! The famous pilot." The kids yelled out as Derek, Baloo and Sara ran towards the group; feeling a huge sigh of relief.

"Lars, Scott, Lion!! They're okay." Baloo shouted out.

But at that same moment; they also thought that this 'sigh of relief' was very bittersweet. Kit and Ernie were no where to be found. ~That Masamune!~ Sara thought bitterly.

" Are you okay ?" Baloo asked the kids as Derek and Sara untied them from the stakes. Baloo untied Lars and he tried to get back up onto his feet again; but he felt quite wobbly and fell back down onto his seat; "Cool it kid; you're still sore from that tickling."

" Yeah; we're fine. But Ernie still with Masamune along with Kit. He..." Lars stated back as Baloo rubbed Lars ankles to get the blood flowing back into his legs.

" I know son. But why?" Derek asked strangely as he untied Scott T. Cat. Scott decided to rub his own ankles to get the blood flow back into his legs.

"Why what?" Sara asked looking puzzled as she untied Lion Hazelnut. Lion did manage to get up; however when he tried to walk again he walked with great diffculty. His feet were 'asleep' due to a lack of blood flow from his ankles being tied up.

"Why did Masamune let you go just like that? Why wouldn't he...." Derek asked to himself out loud which the entire group in the area heard.

"I don't know. But judging from this.... he doesn't act like one." Lion said as Derek discovered a brown plane to his right. ~Masamune's plane! Baloo was right all along. Masamune has made a big mistake!~ Derek thought to himself as he walked quickly towards Gregory's rental plane. ~Hmmm.... he didn't steal this plane. Prehaps...~

"There's his plane. Wait a minute! What's this?" Derek stated with a hint of shock in his voice. He picked up a personal diary while looking for evidence to use againest Masamune should the police catch him; which contained hundreds of pages. Diary recording was considered a big thing in the 1930's and 1940's. There was a lot of material within the book; it included newspaper clippings and even debates on the issues of the day. There was also a lot of personal events present like his birthday; and even unplanned events with his family. The diary started in 1926 when he was just 12 years old. In the first few pages; there was nothing but happiness and goodwill. ~ Nothing that would suggest why Masamune acts this way now. ~ Masamune thought. ~ Funny that his family acted like an angel... I Wonder?~

After hastely skipping through about 50 pages or so; he found an entry and two photos. Both looked like the same person expect that one of the photo showed the face of a white bear with the blue hue. It was labelled Gregory Masamune. The second photo showed the face of a white bear with a red hue. It was labelled Craig Murasame.

"Twins?! So Masamune does have a twin brother. With some minuet differences...." Derek said in shock; " That bear _was_ telling the truth. I wonder...." He then started reading the diary that he kept. The words that Masamune used didn't sound like those of a killer; but as a person. He read:

 

~December 11th,1930.....

Dear Diary,

It's been the worse day in my life.......

.....I am currently writing this diary from an unknown location. I know that it has been almost two weeks since I've written to you; however the previous events of the last day have been trying for both me and my brother where ever he is right now. Please let me explain. And my lord; please forgive me and my brother's tarnished soul even though we both feel like we have committed our sins.......

My brother was nowhere to be found in my house in Windia; the captial city of Usland just north of Cape Suzette; so I looked around the house for any signs of where he was going or where he was. I found a newspaper clipping which completely shocked me in Craig's own bedroom. According to reports; there was a massive air raid in the skies. The report claims that the police had raided a plane to look for a stolen gold shipment and wasn't able to recover the gold. Someone really messed up on the police force because the plane was shot at by the police air force at the time. The plane was shot down and landed into the water just 20 miles North-North west of Cape Suzette at 12:19 PM; the same projected area and time that my mother Clearpori and my father Wilson were flying. However; they were carrying ice cream shipments and not gold. I then noticed the bottom of the clipping had a patch of blood. ~ Craig found out and must have left to see the police.~ I thought that was the case. I would be proven wrong as I went out of the house and asked my neighbor Mr. Wiser about if he had seen my brother. He said that he saw him storm out of the house angry as a hurricane. He wonder if me and Craig had gotten into an arguement. I had to tell him that I just got home from a social function. Mr. Wiser is a very nice man; and he felt very concerned about how we were feeling after losing our parents that way. I had to talk to the police.

  I went to the Windia police in order to get an explaination from them as to why our family was shot down; not to mention to say that my brother disappeared. I was worried about him and I still am today. There were four officers; a red/black toad called Konvent Asias, considered the police chief of this district. (Windia is a much bigger city than Cape Suzette is.) There were three other officers; a white cat called Polandias Taper; an ape called Filtzio Agronaunt and the third was a greenish-brown gator Ila Aloz. All three were wearing standard police uniforms. I've known Konvent for a long time; a retired flight navigator, who was one of the first navigators trained at our Skywinds flight school outside of Windia. Maybe he can explain all of this for me.

' Hello Gregory. May I help you?' Konvent said with a serious tone. He is a police officer after all...

' Yes. Konvent; did you hear that my family was shot down by your police force. I would like some answers.' I asked as I saw the policemen around Konvent giggling about something. I didn't feel that it was funny.

' What are you talking about? This is the first time that I've heard about this.' Konvent responded sounding like he didn't care one bit. I was surprised since Konvent had never acted this way before.

' You mean that you've haven't heard about it.' I asked again looking cross. I've never seen or heard of police officer ever laughing at a very serious job.

' Sorry young man I don't know.' Konvent responded again with the same tone. This was the first time I ever seen Konvent care less about a very serious situation since I have known him. The laughing was getting on my nerves. ~ They know something I don't.~ I thought.

' Then why are your men laughing? Are they hiding something? or are you hiding something? I'll file a wrongful death suit againest you if you don't know why this has happened. Now tell me what's going on?' I said nearly fed up. That would soon be a big mistake.

' I'm afraid you won't be able to file a lawsuit. You're under arrest.' Konvent said acting very serious for the first time. His two police officers grabbed my arms the instant he said that.

' For what?' I asked very surprised.

' You ushered a death threat. Take him to the holding cell.' Konvent yelled at his officers.

~I don't understand~ I thought. I decided not to say anything or do anything foolish. If I did; then they could've used that to prove that I did ushered a death threat instead of what really happened. I walked to a holding cell behind the office desk.

While I was cooling my heels in jail; only because I told them that I would take them to court on the wrongful death of my parents; I couldn't understand why they misunderstood me saying that I was going to take them to court as a death threat. I knew that something was very wrong here. They knew something that I didn't know; at least not yet. The police in Windia did make one huge mistake by explaining their ture plans inside their office. They always kept their office doors open. Maybe they didn't care; since there were no one else around other than me.

' What do we do with that bear? He's on to us about the Sky Pirates and us being part of it.' said Konvent.

' I know. The Skywinds are no dummies. The Aerostar family trained them well.' said Polandias.

' Sir! There was an attack in the southwest corner of Windia. Some white bear just killed an officer; our own Mr. Aloz just moments ago.' said Filtzio who was in a huge panic.

~ White Bear? OH NO! IT COULDN'T BE....~ I thought with a tear being formed in my left eye. It couldn't be the dust; the jail cells were kept reasonably clean.

' Wait a minute! I've got an idea on how we can cover our tracks and help the Sky Pirates in the covering of that incident.' said Konvent as he was shifting his feet on a brown desk. They didn't even know that I was even watching them. Listening to them. And I didn't think that they really cared. Why was Konvent acting like this? And where was my brother?

' How?' said Polandias looking puzzled.

' We simply add the charge of murder to the white bear that is currently in jail cooling his heels. Since it was a white bear who was behind it...' Filtzio said breathing a sigh of relief and actually giggling.

~ Craig?! NO!! WHY IS HE DOING THIS?! IT CAN'T BE!!~ I thought with tears down his cheeks. Craig Murasame has never acted this way before. ~Why is he violent now? WHY?~

' and then the whole world would think that the Skywinds faked their own death in order to protect a shipment of gold by using the Sky Pirates as a pawn. Then they will never know that the Sky Pirates wanted the Skywinds out of the picture because they helped the AeroStar family bring Ramon Karnage to justice. Any charges that are committed by that white bear on the loose would be trumped on our jailbird. We won't have to do a thing and the public would be too outraged to even realize what is really happening. The Skywinds family name will finally go down in flames; just like the AeroStars.' Konvent exclaimed with a huge laugh.

How could Konvent do this to me? My second father was part of a plot to destory the family name? That was the last thing I remembered before I heard some kind of blast. The concussion was enough to knock me down and I completely blacked out.

Later; I woke up with a huge headache in a room somewhere parts unknown. Surprisely; I only had minor cuts and bruises. It was clear that whomever freed me from the jail cell didn't want to kill me; but who released me? And more importantly; what on this world is going on around these parts? However; all of these scars will never compare with the biggest scar: which was within my heart. It was nearly shattered hearing that Konvent; a friend that I felt I knew since I was only six years old; which I considered a second father; would stoop to using me and my brother as pawns in order to get back at a family and all for the benefit of the Sky Pirates. Was he threatened by the Sky Pirates? Or was he one of the Sky Pirates? I hope that wasn't the case at all. And where was my brother? Did he commit such an horrible, digusting, inhumane act of terror? I just don't know anymore. The room I was in was pretty dusty to say the least; when it is dusty; I often sneeze. ACHOOO!

' Ah; I see that my brother is awake.' a voice bekons loudly as my eyes finally focus on the door. There was a white bear wearing a black cloak with red trim; red shorts and a red shirt. He was carrying a pouch similar to mine.... However; I knew it was Craig Skywinds; my brother. He had a red hue around his fur. What scared me was that he was holding a long thin and prehaps very sharp sword that he put back in the holder as I apporched him slowly. Something was really wrong.

' Brother? Is that really you?' I asked extending a hand in order to calm him down as he was breathing very heavily. But my brother simply slapped my hand away.

' Stop calling me that. I'm Craig Murasame; master of the blade of darkness Murasame.' he yelled in a fit of rage.

' Did you??!!!....' I gulped hoping to perish the thought; but it was no good.

' Yes; and you want to know why?' he growled angry. I couldn't believe this. He's never acted this way before... I tried to reason with him again.

' Why brother? Why?' I stated.

' Stop calling me brother! ' he screamed.

' Craig..... I am your brother and this is wrong. The White Phoenix said ~Thou shall not kill~'

' Oh; and you think that the Windia Police Force doesn't know about that. They've violated that Commandant already; if you haven't notice.' my brother screamed again. Yes; my lord, he is still my brother.

' Craig? The Sky Pirates are behind this outrage. Something must have happened; but I don't believe that the police wanted to do this. Besides; that doesn't mean that it is okay for you to do it. There's got to be a better way to solve this problem.'

' Why are you so ungrateful?! I released you from prison and you still decide to call me brother!! You didn't commit any crime and they committed misconduct by trumping charges on you.' he continued to yell. I couldn't believe this latest turn of events. He was the one who released me from jail. He's turned me into a criminal and he doesn't even realize it.

' You're THE ONE? Brother!! You don't realize what you have just done! You've just helped them turn us into criminals.' I said in absolute shock.

' THEY'RE THE CRIMINALS!! AND AFTER YOU'RE CONDUCT YOU'RE STARTING TO ACT LIKE THEM!! YOU ARE SO UNGRATEFUL!! I'M DISOWNING YOU AS A BROTHER!!' he screamed as he attempted to turn on his heel.

' Craig?! You don't mean that!' I said trying to stop him as he was beginning to turn to leave the room; but then he grabbed me and slammed me againest a wall; causing me to fall down on my belly. Then he said something that would scare me forever.

' THEY WILL ALL PAY!! THEY WILL ALL PAY!! THE SKYWINDS NAME IS GONE FOREVER!! NOW IT IS MURASAME AND MASAMUNE!!......' he screamed as he left the room for the last time.

After hearing my brother's frightening words; I knelt down in tears and almost cried my lungs out. Now it was official; my heart was completely shattered. I don't remember how long I was crying; however I do remember laying down on my stomach. I cried so much that now I can no longer shed a tear. I lost my ability to cry now and it might take a lifetime before I ever get it back; if I ever get it back at all. I just hope that I find my brother and set this whole mess up straight. I'm at fault here; I should have been seen the signs of my brother the hours before that incident. I also wonder why the Sky Pirates would be after my family? We don't have anything of interest and besides; the Sky Pirates were no longer under Ramon's command. Was there another influence involved?....

I know now that no matter what I do or say; no police force and/or person on this planet will ever believe what I've been writing to you my lord. (With the possible execption of Mr. Wiser) I know that you have seen the events and hopefully that will be enough to convince people that these people must be held accountable. As I write to you; I'm forced to wear a cloak over my own face and head in order to prevent people from recongizing me. I'm leaving Windia and Usland in order to search for my brother; you have given me the strength to continue my life in order to stop the senseless violence of my brother. Once I find him; I and Craig will turn ourselves in. He must know that I'm still his brother and I still love him. He needs help; and I am willing and able to help him. Even if it means I lose my own life; I must not give up....

Thank you for listening to this horrible part of my life my lord; and I'm sorry for the sins committed by my brother, me, any officer of the law that was tricked into this mess and the very people who got us into this mess. I hope that you will forgive us for the events that happened today. I know that you can hear me since you are always around. My mind will be hopefully be now clear and my mind will be concerated on finding my brother and trying to convince the police that some of their officers were planning to harm the very people they were supposed to protect. Even if it means; I never walk the streets again. No one deserves this nightmare and certainly not the people of Usland. This nightmare must stop.

 

Yours turely;

Gregory "Masamune" Skywinds~~

 

In less than five minutes; Derek had just found out about the first details of a serect life. There was a lot more to read into; but this entry was proof of Gregory's innocence from the crimes that he was given. Even though Masamune was still gulity from running away from the law; even Derek realized that he was forced into this life and didn't choose to persue his own flesh and blood. Now Masamune had to be found and Derek knew that he would be the one to stop him. He put six years into arresting a killer; and it was the wrong person. However; it could still be the right person in another way ; if he did know about Craig Murasame prehaps it would be in the best interest of the world to have Derek and Gregory to join forces; to stop Murasame.

"Derek?" Baloo asked. "Are you okay?"

"Oh boy...... I hate to say this but..... I've been chasing the wrong man!!" Derek said almost to the point to actually cursing to himself.

"WHAT?!" Sara asked again. Thoughts rushed through her head as Derek passed her the diary. Sara read the diary sliently; more and more shocked then ever. She even read past the diary page that Derek discovered the photograph including an entry that read "TerraStone Island".

"Now I understand why he was after Kit. Baloo; your son knew about TerraStone Island when he was a younger boy." Sara said with a bitter tone as she read the entire entry of TerraStone Island.

"Kit's a tough person to open up to. He's usually upset when...." Baloo tried to explain. However; it was very diffcult to try to explain the actions of a young bearcub that you know more than what other people would know about a person in a lifetime and its not even a speck of dust compared to the young bearcub's life as a whole. And everytime something awful would seem to happen; Kit always seems to run away from his problem instead of facing them head on. Baloo realized more than ever that Kit needs a real father; a real mother; a real family. It was clear that he lost his years ago; before he could remember. Still another question leaped into Baloo mind: If Masamune knew that Kit had knowledge of TerraStone Island and the famed Pearl of Wisdom; who provided him that information?

"I understand Baloo. Kit is like Gregory; he was forced into living alone in a world of madness." Sara responded; "But Gregory was after the Pearl of Wisdom to help him locate his brother. Not for the money or the power. "

"That only mean two things..." Derek stated looking even more bitter.

"What does that mean?" Baloo asked Derek; worried about what was going to happen next.....

"Now we have two reasons to stop Masamune! One; to protect the people from him and two; to tell him that we're just as gulity as he is." Derek stated very bitterly. ~The people of Usland are not going to like this; not one little bit!!~ he thought to himself.

The people of Windia were going to hate this most of all......... and in particular; The Windia Police Force!

 

End of Chapter 2


Page Three

Return to TerraStone Summary and Purpose

Return to Kit Cloudkicker Fanfics Page

Return to the Unofficial Kit Cloudkicker Homepage


Special Thanks to 50 Webs for providing space for this webpage. Click here to find out how you can get your free homepage and 60 Megabytes of webspace.